lol, please
03-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Leeeet's goooooo WAAAAArriors!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Lakers + Giants
03-09-2015, 09:19 PM
Hawks with 105 pts after 3. Damn!

tredigs
03-09-2015, 09:25 PM
Hassan Whiteside showing again that despite having all the talent and upside in the world, why he was being cut by international teams not more than 6 months ago. Just a dumb pos.

Wrench
03-09-2015, 09:34 PM
ByTimReynolds
Haslem now going to the locker room, and he's not happy. I think Mr. Whiteside is about to get educated.

tredigs
03-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Pels/Bucks game is awesome. Future of the NBA putting on a show.

Logic Man
03-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Nice win by Celtics over heat! Celtics got under Miami s skin. Playoffs still a possibility

archdevil84
03-09-2015, 10:16 PM
miami just sucks. thats like the 20th ugly loss this season

tredigs
03-09-2015, 10:26 PM
AD with the monster AND efficient night to take them over the hump against Milwaukee. Greek Freak had a career night too. That was fun. Watch out OKC, Pels are only a half game back and hold the tie-breaker.

nastynice
03-09-2015, 10:56 PM
Oh **** man, hope Brandon knight is ok. He was having a great game too

LAKERS4LIFE!!
03-09-2015, 11:34 PM
Whiteside is an idiot. He reminds me of Bynum. As Bynum got better, his attitude got worse.

Vinny642
03-10-2015, 12:02 AM
Anthony Davis doing what he does, while the world is hopping on Westbrook and his comeback, Davis is quietly dominating since returning from his injury.

tredigs
03-10-2015, 12:14 AM
Lmfao. Curry >

Vinny642
03-10-2015, 12:52 AM
If you set out to create an efficient, high-volume shooter that can pass and rebound and also has Defensive Player of the Year upside -- you still couldn't make this stuff up. He turns 22 years old on Wednesday.- Roto

LMAO

nastynice
03-10-2015, 12:57 AM
yea, I caught those AD stats on the ticker, freakin RIDICULOUS!!

He really looks like something special, can't wait for him to keep growing and see just how dominant he can become.

Vinny642
03-10-2015, 01:00 AM
If we make the 8th seed, Davis deserves some MVP consideration, just saying

nastynice
03-10-2015, 01:06 AM
If we make the 8th seed, Davis deserves some MVP consideration, just saying

His individual play is no doubt mvp worthy, just not sure if the team play is enough to put him at the top. Not saying its right or wrong, just saying its a reality of mvp criteria

MrfadeawayJB
03-10-2015, 02:00 AM
For the first time, I witnessed Marc Gasol completely get under pau's skin. Pau was salty tonight.

lol, please
03-10-2015, 02:06 AM
Lmfao. Curry >

Be serious tredigs, if you wouldn't trade Davis for Curry straight up, that's homer talk.

tredigs
03-10-2015, 02:44 AM
Be serious tredigs, if you wouldn't trade Davis for Curry straight up, that's homer talk.

I wasn't talking about AD, I can see why it looked like that though.

And no, I wouldn't trade Curry. Period. Biggest knock on AD is that he can't stay healthy, and that's an unfortunately very bad sign if you're a young big.

You'd have to be a fool to trade Curry.

Vinny642
03-10-2015, 03:17 AM
I wasn't talking about AD, I can see why it looked like that though.

And no, I wouldn't trade Curry. Period. Biggest knock on AD is that he can't stay healthy, and that's an unfortunately very bad sign if you're a young big.

You'd have to be a fool to trade Curry.

LMAO that is the only knock, and his injuries are freak injuries, nothing recurring, so that whole "thats a bad sign if you're a young big" excuse dont work there... that only relates to lower body injuries.

And you'd be a bigger fool not taking Davis for Curry straight up.

tredigs
03-10-2015, 03:26 AM
LMAO that is the only knock, and his injuries are freak injuries, nothing recurring, so that whole "thats a bad sign if you're a young big" excuse dont work there... that only relates to lower body injuries.

And you'd be a bigger fool not taking Davis for Curry straight up.

Yeah, they're "freak injuries" that occur every season. It's a bad sign, I assure you. How many bigs can you find who miss 10-15 games every season to start their career who ended up in the end being rocks? I can't think of one, but maybe they're out there. I know for sure I can think of dozens upon dozens where those injuries lingered, mounted and eventually crippled.

And actually I prefer Curry over AD. The freedom of having a player who runs the court and creates a 4 on 3 or absolutely embarrasses his man in transition time after time after time throughout a game is immeasurable to winning. AD's a monster, but I'm rolling with Curry. Trust his health, and his ability to impact a game even when he's not touching the ball is under-understood/appreciated.

Definitely don't fault anyone for siding with AD though. I'm sure that's the popular opinion.

Goose17
03-10-2015, 04:26 AM
If I was starting a team I would want one of these three; Steph, KD, Davis.

I don't care which one it is. I don't see one as being above the other. I see the three of them being young, still not at their peak (or only just entering it), elite and very different skillsets from each other. Why would you want to compare them? Appreciate them for what they are.

Giannis94
03-10-2015, 10:24 AM
Was at the Bucks-AD game last night.

Can anyone explain to me why Giannis was not on AD? Giannis was only covering AD on a switch and it was Henson, and Ersan.

You have one of the most athletic, and best up and coming defenders and you don't put him on AD?

Was a great game. Every time the crowd started getting noisy Davis hit a shot and silenced everyone.

Vee-Rex
03-10-2015, 11:17 AM
Davis will be fine. It reminds me of everyone claiming Kyrie to be injury prone. He's young and talented so the team would have him sit a game just for a runny nose or something since the team wasn't contending. Lockout year + overprotective team cut into his game count.

Kyrie has put on some muscle. AD just needs to hit the weights and he'll be fine. Added muscle will add some weight and he'll protect him against all the nicks and stuff during the regular season.

Durantula, Unibrow, and Video Game Curry are definitely our best young talent.

Goose17
03-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Was at the Bucks-AD game last night.

Can anyone explain to me why Giannis was not on AD? Giannis was only covering AD on a switch and it was Henson, and Ersan.

You have one of the most athletic, and best up and coming defenders and you don't put him on AD?

Was a great game. Every time the crowd started getting noisy Davis hit a shot and silenced everyone.

They play a switch everything defense similar to the dubs. So they would have been switching off him all night no matter who his man was. Although Middleton would defend AD better than Giannis could Imo. Middleton is the better defender.

kdspurman
03-10-2015, 08:51 PM
pop is so dialed in now. took green out for a missed assignment 1 min or so into the game, then replaced with belinelli. then he replaced Him after he screwed up with joseph.

he was like this in the playoffs, mainly the OKC/Miami series. just not settling for any mental mistakes

zn23
03-10-2015, 09:18 PM
This Raptors - Spurs game is already over. I stopped watching.

nastynice
03-10-2015, 09:41 PM
umm, spurs been lookin kinda nice...

IKnowHoops
03-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Yeah, they're "freak injuries" that occur every season. It's a bad sign, I assure you. How many bigs can you find who miss 10-15 games every season to start their career who ended up in the end being rocks? I can't think of one, but maybe they're out there. I know for sure I can think of dozens upon dozens where those injuries lingered, mounted and eventually crippled.

And actually I prefer Curry over AD. The freedom of having a player who runs the court and creates a 4 on 3 or absolutely embarrasses his man in transition time after time after time throughout a game is immeasurable to winning. AD's a monster, but I'm rolling with Curry. Trust his health, and his ability to impact a game even when he's not touching the ball is under-understood/appreciated.

Definitely don't fault anyone for siding with AD though. I'm sure that's the popular opinion.

Pretty sure Curry was injured more often then AD for the start of his career.

IKnowHoops
03-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Parsons is balling
Kyrie is making people look like Parked cars
Bron is the best player on the court as always

kdspurman
03-10-2015, 09:50 PM
umm, spurs been lookin kinda nice...

I feel like it was only a matter of time. Combination of things why they looked so ******. Pop is back with his normal rotations/starting lineup, Parker is not playing like a 3rd stringer, Kawhi is causing havoc again, etc...

Still plenty of time to move on up, but just seems standings aren't worth much with some of these matchups.

IKnowHoops
03-10-2015, 10:15 PM
I feel like it was only a matter of time. Combination of things why they looked so ******. Pop is back with his normal rotations/starting lineup, Parker is not playing like a 3rd stringer, Kawhi is causing havoc again, etc...

Still plenty of time to move on up, but just seems standings aren't worth much with some of these matchups.

West playoffs are gonna be awesome and up in the air again.

Htownballa1622
03-10-2015, 10:18 PM
It's so annoying watching Dirk flail in picks. Never fails he is swinging elbows or flipping his head back.

He's been doing this forever but **** man.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
03-10-2015, 10:20 PM
I feel like every team in the West wants to play Dallas in the first round. Dirk is just too old now to dominate like he used to.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
03-10-2015, 10:22 PM
It's so annoying watching Dirk flail in picks. Never fails he is swinging elbows or flipping his head back.

He's been doing this forever but **** man.

Expect something along the lines of "A Rockets fan should be the last person complaining about flailing and flipping his head back"

Htownballa1622
03-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Expect something along the lines of "A Rockets fan should be the last person complaining about flailing and flipping his head back"

Oh I wouldn't be shocked. Difference is once in a while is one thing.

Every Flippin time is annoying. And two different situations. One setting a screen. Other attacking basket.

Vee-Rex
03-10-2015, 10:27 PM
Cavs taking it to the Mavs in Dallas. Glad the Spurs are looking better. Can't wait til we play them Thursday. Should be a good test for us.

Tony_Starks
03-10-2015, 11:10 PM
The Mavs and Cavs have identical records. That tells you all you need to know about the east coast.....

tredigs
03-10-2015, 11:15 PM
Pretty sure Curry was injured more often then AD for the start of his career.
Negative. That was a media narrative. He's been a rock 5 of his 6 seasons. And even in the injured one that's when management sat him a month+ extra in order to tank for the top 7 pick (got it by a tie-breaker coin-flip and would have lost it entirely if we got the 8th pick).

Cavs taking it to the Mavs in Dallas. Glad the Spurs are looking better. Can't wait til we play them Thursday. Should be a good test for us.

Definitely, looking forward to that one myself.

And put a fork in the Mavs. Their fans were so optimistic after the Rondo trade, too. I could not understand it for the life of me.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
03-10-2015, 11:35 PM
Please Detroit, win against the Lakers.

nastynice
03-10-2015, 11:38 PM
I feel like every team in the West wants to play Dallas in the first round. Dirk is just too old now to dominate like he used to.

yup, its actually a shame that one of okc or no may miss the playoffs, while dal will make it. I won't say they're DONE done cuz u never know, they're still a talented team, but man, they just look like ****. Can't believe how hard and how fast they fell

IversonIsKrazy
03-10-2015, 11:55 PM
Right when everyone started saying Spurs are done, well damn lol. Thursday going to be a HUGE game, really test where Spurs are. As for Mavs, u cannot be a respectable playoff team if u have games where u lose by 30+ at home. My God

tredigs
03-11-2015, 12:08 AM
I'm looking at the remaining schedules and calling it now. Both New Orleans and OKC are making the playoffs. Dallas is out.

mightybosstone
03-11-2015, 12:10 AM
I really, really wanted the Rockets to face Dallas in the postseason, but the more I see them struggle, the more I think that's unlikely. Worse than that, I'm beginning to wonder if Dallas will even make the playoffs at all. They do have a 4 1/2 game lead on OKC and New Orleans with only 16 games left, but has anyone seen their remaining schedule?

Here's Dallas' remaining 16 games: LAC, OKC, Orlando, Memphis, @ Phoenix, San Antonio, @ San Antonio, @ Indiana, @ OKC, Houston, Golden State, Phoenix, @ Denver, @ LAL, @ Utah and Portland. Holy crap. That's nine games against the seven best teams in the Western Conference and four games against feisty teams like Phoenix, Indiana and Utah (on the road). Would it shock anybody if Dallas went like 6-10 over that stretch while OKC finished 14-5 or better and New Orleans finished 12-4 or better?

Seriously, if Dallas doesn't get their **** together, they could miss the postseason altogether. And even if they do make the postseason, if they don't start playing A LOT better basketball, they're going to be an easy first round exit.

mightybosstone
03-11-2015, 12:17 AM
I'm looking at the remaining schedules and calling it now. Both New Orleans and OKC are making the playoffs. Dallas is out.

:laugh: You posted this while I was still making my post. Clearly we agree on this. So if Dallas missed the postseason or ends up being a quick first round exit, that leaves a lot of questions for the Mavericks headed into the postseason. Can they do anything to fix this with Dirk on the decline and Parsons eating up so much money? Who do they go after with Love and Aldridge the biggest fish and both guys playing the same position as Dirk? Do they re-sign Ellis, Chandler and/or Rondo? Or is it even worth it to keep together a team like this that couldn't really compete with the West's best teams?

If you're a Dallas fan, you've got to be disappointed with where this season was headed. Granted they still have time to right the ship, but things certainly aren't headed in the right direction right now. I thought they were going to be a lot better than this at the start of the season, and on paper, they should have been.

IKnowHoops
03-11-2015, 12:31 AM
The Mavs and Cavs have identical records. That tells you all you need to know about the east coast.....

No it doesn't

IKnowHoops
03-11-2015, 12:38 AM
:laugh: You posted this while I was still making my post. Clearly we agree on this. So if Dallas missed the postseason or ends up being a quick first round exit, that leaves a lot of questions for the Mavericks headed into the postseason. Can they do anything to fix this with Dirk on the decline and Parsons eating up so much money? Who do they go after with Love and Aldridge the biggest fish and both guys playing the same position as Dirk? Do they re-sign Ellis, Chandler and/or Rondo? Or is it even worth it to keep together a team like this that couldn't really compete with the West's best teams?

If you're a Dallas fan, you've got to be disappointed with where this season was headed. Granted they still have time to right the ship, but things certainly aren't headed in the right direction right now. I thought they were going to be a lot better than this at the start of the season, and on paper, they should have been.

If Parsons keeps playing like he did today, then I'd be fine giving him that money. Its everyone else who is garbage on that team. I'd do a complete makeover on this team after this season no matter what happens. Do not sign Rhondo, he garbage now. Kyrie abused him today. He's done, he's not lock down anymore. Keep Parsons and Amare (as a solid backup at a good price) and get rid of everyone else. Do what you can this offseason and try to go all out for the 2016 free agency.

tredigs
03-11-2015, 12:44 AM

They weren't serious threats to contend, so I get the idea for a trade, but they clearly made the wrong one. I hated the move. That offense had an efficiency that ranked among the best of our generation at the time...

Looking at it again, it's going to be tougher than I thought for them to fall out entirely because they do hold the tie-breaker on New Orleans. But it's very possible. Here's some of their remaining games (4.5 game lead - 16 games left)

LAC
OKC
MEM
@PHO
SAS
@SAS
@IND
@OKC
HOU (b2b)
GSW
PHO
@UTA (road b2b)
POR

So out of 16 left, I consider all but 3 of them tough to very tough. and 2 of the 3 easy games are on the road. Very, very possible they miss it.

mightybosstone
03-11-2015, 12:49 AM
If Parsons keeps playing like he did today, then I'd be fine giving him that money. Its everyone else who is garbage on that team. I'd do a complete makeover on this team after this season no matter what happens. Do not sign Rhondo, he garbage now. Kyrie abused him today. He's done, he's not lock down anymore. Keep Parsons and Amare (as a solid backup at a good price) and get rid of everyone else. Do what you can this offseason and try to go all out for the 2016 free agency.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to seriously, seriously disagree with you on this. Dirk and Chandler are both better, more important pieces to this Dallas team. And I'd much rather have Ellis as a scorer, even if he's not very efficient. If I had to get rid of one of those four guys to not pay big money to, it would be Parsons. And he's the only guy locked up to a big, long-term contract with the team.

We can agree that Rondo sucks and that trade will probably go down as a failure for the front office. I actually really liked the Stoudemire signing and he has played well for them, but it hasn't translated in wins for them thus far.

If you're Dallas, I think you need to take a hard look at improving the back court, especially in terms of 3-point shooting. You definitely let Rondo walk, and you probably let Ellis walk unless you can find an ideal back court candidate to play next to him that is an elite 3-point shooter and defender. They should make a hard push at Jimmy Butler and maybe even Kawhi Leonard, but the perfect candidate for them, IMO, would be Wesley Matthews.

Saddletramp
03-11-2015, 01:26 AM
I brought up the Mavs potentially missing the playoffs last week in the "Which team will secure the eighth and ninth spot" thread because they've been playing like crap and the Pelicans have been improving as of late even without AD and was basically scoffed at.
Doubt they're scoffing now.

IKnowHoops
03-11-2015, 01:36 AM
Sorry, but I'm going to have to seriously, seriously disagree with you on this. Dirk and Chandler are both better, more important pieces to this Dallas team. And I'd much rather have Ellis as a scorer, even if he's not very efficient. If I had to get rid of one of those four guys to not pay big money to, it would be Parsons. And he's the only guy locked up to a big, long-term contract with the team.

We can agree that Rondo sucks and that trade will probably go down as a failure for the front office. I actually really liked the Stoudemire signing and he has played well for them, but it hasn't translated in wins for them thus far.

If you're Dallas, I think you need to take a hard look at improving the back court, especially in terms of 3-point shooting. You definitely let Rondo walk, and you probably let Ellis walk unless you can find an ideal back court candidate to play next to him that is an elite 3-point shooter and defender. They should make a hard push at Jimmy Butler and maybe even Kawhi Leonard, but the perfect candidate for them, IMO, would be Wesley Matthews.

Well, you would know Parsons game better than me, but based off todays game, he is the best player on that team, and he was going against Lebron. I mean, I probably keep Monta/Dirk/Parsons/Amare and have that as my base, and then try and bring in the best free agents I can.

Based off what I saw today, my goal would be to bring in pieces that would allow me to bring Monta/Dirk/Amare off the bench. They would be 6, 7, 8 guys of my playoff 8 man rotation. Parsons is the only one of those guys in his prime and should start and still has room to improve. But Im basically going out looking for 4 starters at the 1,2,4,5. If you can get players good enough to start over Monta/Dirk/Amare at the 1,4,5 and then also get a good starting 2 who is also better than ellis, then they would have a really nice roster that can compete in the west. But seeing as how Dirk is aging, Monta is just a scorer and doesn't really facilitate regularly, and Amare has had to many injuries in his career...your not going to compete in the west with those guys starting...but they would be awesome bench pieces.

JV35
03-11-2015, 01:45 AM
I brought up the Mavs potentially missing the playoffs last week in the "Which team will secure the eighth and ninth spot" thread because they've been playing like crap and the Pelicans have been improving as of late even without AD and was basically scoffed at.

If N.O. gets in, it will be b/c they beat out OKC for the 9-spot.

I think the Mavs are in. But, N.O. could give OKC a run for #8.

Tony_Starks
03-11-2015, 01:50 AM
A Rick Carlisle coached Mavericks will not miss the playoffs.

Vinny642
03-11-2015, 01:53 AM
My Pels finally getting a little respect

nastynice
03-11-2015, 02:08 AM

oh, they BEEN getting respect, the issue the entire time was the depth in the west, not the pels

I'm pretty confident in saying just about everybody is impressed with that team

tredigs
03-11-2015, 02:12 AM
I'm more impressed with the Jazz now then the Pels, but the Pels are good too.

JeffG20
03-11-2015, 02:17 AM

Its pretty gratifying seeing what this team is finally capable of. They were very scrutinized for how they built that roster.

Goose17
03-11-2015, 06:04 AM

I said Dallas would miss the post season before the regular season even started. Nobody on that roster outside of Chandler plays defense at a high enough level to stick around in the West. IMO. A lot of people at that point were predicting them to go as high as 3rd seed. The addition of Chandler must have had them thinking back to the championship days.

Then Rondo came along and F'd up the situation even more.

It would horrible if they got the 8th seed and managed to beat the Dubs like some weird karmic crap.

Saddletramp
03-11-2015, 06:17 AM
I said Dallas would miss the post season before the regular season even started. Nobody on that roster outside of Chandler plays defense at a high enough level to stick around in the West. IMO. A lot of people at that point were predicting them to go as high as 3rd seed. The addition of Chandler must have had them thinking back to the championship days.

I wasn't sold on them, either, but then again, I didn't think the Warriors would be as dominant as they are this year. But this was a week ago with the Mavs having about a 6 game lead on the Pelicans and people were making it sound like no one could lose that lead. Not sure if they will, but I'm pretty sure that they definitely can.

Then Rondo came along and F'd up the situation even more.

It would horrible if they got the 8th seed and managed to beat the Dubs like some weird karmic crap.

That would actually be freakin' hilarious. Especially if Curry wins the MVP, like expected.

Ariza's Better
03-11-2015, 06:31 AM
A Rick Carlisle coached Mavericks will not miss the playoffs.
2012/13 season.

ewing
03-11-2015, 09:04 AM

I am with you on this one. I loved that Dallas front court coming into the season and i think on paper they are excellent. I haven't seen a ton of Dallas games- (sucks living in the East this year) but architecturally i think the clear area of concern is the back court. Right now I'd take Mo Williams/Wes mattews back court way before what they got going now. I am not giving up on them and think if Rondo has anything left and can produce playoff time they are a team that could win ugly

kdspurman
03-11-2015, 09:11 AM
Right when everyone started saying Spurs are done, well damn lol. Thursday going to be a HUGE game, really test where Spurs are. As for Mavs, u cannot be a respectable playoff team if u have games where u lose by 30+ at home. My God

idk if its a test where they are, but just another game against a good team. they are who they are. (despite the usual spurs are done/falling off chatter) what theyre showing now is who they are and what they will be like come playoff time imo.

Vinny642
03-11-2015, 03:03 PM
oh, they BEEN getting respect, the issue the entire time was the depth in the west, not the pels

I'm pretty confident in saying just about everybody is impressed with that team

U dont know how bad I wish we were in the East. We play in the hardest division in sports, we play 4 hard *** CONTENDERS 4 times a year each.

Its unfair the East has teams below .500 in the playoffs.

lol, please
03-11-2015, 06:44 PM
Must win game tonight.

mightybosstone
03-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Must win game tonight.

Who is in a "must win game" tonight? Surely you don't mean Golden State against Detroit? The Warriors have a 5 1/2 game lead in the West and are facing an insanely mediocre Detroit basketball team (an Eastern Conference opponent, I might add) in a game that means literally nothing. That is the polar opposite of a must win game.

lol, please
03-11-2015, 06:59 PM
Who is in a "must win game" tonight? Surely you don't mean Golden State against Detroit? The Warriors have a 5 1/2 game lead in the West and are facing an insanely mediocre Detroit basketball team (an Eastern Conference opponent, I might add) in a game that means literally nothing. That is the polar opposite of a must win game.

Eh, it's a running inside joke for warriors fans in our forum.

That aside, you are correct.

Goose17
03-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Must win game tonight.

:cheers:

Go get that W Dubs!!

IversonIsKrazy
03-11-2015, 07:23 PM
Portland/Rockets big game tonight, can very much end up being the game that decides #3 & #4 seed.

Htownballa1622
03-11-2015, 07:56 PM
I thought we weren't making the playoffs. Now we're fighting for HCA round one. Hmmm

kdspurman
03-11-2015, 09:12 PM
smart foul westbrook

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Celtics hired Stevens 2 years too early :(

nastynice
03-11-2015, 09:57 PM
oh snap, pels bout to slide up into #8

nastynice
03-11-2015, 09:58 PM
I thought we weren't making the playoffs. Now we're fighting for HCA round one. Hmmm

ur not. go home!

SLY WILLIAMS
03-11-2015, 10:02 PM
Gallo waiving his hand saying remember me with 15 early points (4rebs-4assists) vs the Hawks.

Htownballa1622
03-11-2015, 10:17 PM
ur not. go home!

Hehe

Htownballa1622
03-11-2015, 10:22 PM
Ooh great. Tony Brothers and Espn.

Ready to get ******.

NJBASEBALL22
03-11-2015, 10:25 PM
Anyone watching the Clips/OKC game? 8 minutes left and 15 point game, OKC starts hacking DeAndre Jordan. Pathetic to watch.

PAOboston
03-11-2015, 10:43 PM
Anyone watching the Clips/OKC game? 8 minutes left and 15 point game, OKC starts hacking DeAndre Jordan. Pathetic to watch.
The only pathetic thing about it is DeAndre Jordan's inability to hit free throws.

lol, please
03-11-2015, 10:46 PM
The only pathetic thing about it is DeAndre Jordan's inability to hit free throws.
Yea because a C not being good at free throws is just unheard of...

Htownballa1622
03-11-2015, 10:54 PM
Travel called as a live dribble. Smh

mightybosstone
03-11-2015, 11:14 PM
Great first quarter between Houston and Portland. Very evenly matched. Now this is where Houston's depth needs to help them take advantage.

PAOboston
03-11-2015, 11:22 PM
Yea because a C not being good at free throws is just unheard of...
It shouldn't matter what position or how big you are you play. Free throws are free throws. Yao Ming was like 7'6" and shot FT's at at 80% clip. Jordan isn't just bad, he's pathetically putrid. If you don't like hack a DeAndre, he should just make his FT's.

Vee-Rex
03-11-2015, 11:34 PM
It shouldn't matter what position or how big you are you play. Free throws are free throws. Yao Ming was like 7'6" and shot FT's at at 80% clip. Jordan isn't just bad, he's pathetically putrid. If you don't like hack a DeAndre, he should just make his FT's.

This.

I mean, Deandre should practice more and transform into Deandre-vich. If he won't be bothered then he's hurting his team and should be fouled.

And it doesn't just hurt the Clippers towards the end of games. Coaches are telling their players if Deandre ends up with the ball deep in the paint from a pass or offensive rebound, foul him, 1st or 4th quarter.

mightybosstone
03-11-2015, 11:35 PM
The Rockets are getting murdered on the glass. Second chance points are keeping Portland in this game, and Houston has got to figure out how to box out around the glass. It's infuriating.

Htownballa1622
03-12-2015, 12:06 AM
Terrence JONES puttin lillard on skates! :hide: lol

AND 1!

Htownballa1622
03-12-2015, 12:12 AM
Aaron Afflalo is ***.

He's NO Wes Matthews for sure.

mightybosstone
03-12-2015, 12:27 AM
That quarter made me want to throw up. They outplayed Portland for 10 minutes and forced them to settle for 3-pointers. Except they made their 3-pointers and then they completely fell apart in the final two minutes. Houston seriously does not deserve to win this game the way they're playing.

And McHale just needs to sit Beverley the rest of the way. His shot selection has been terrible and he's been a complete liability on the offensive end of the floor.

Tony_Starks
03-12-2015, 12:34 AM
I want Portland vs Houston Playoffs Part II......

LionsFan..LOL
03-12-2015, 12:34 AM
Andre Drummond might be the only reason to keep watching this garbage team play.

mightybosstone
03-12-2015, 12:44 AM
This might be the worst I've seen this team play in the last month. It's just horrible. The ball movement in the second half has been abysmal, they have no freaking clue how to defend Aldridge and they are getting absolutely murdered on the glass. Anyone who doesn't think Houston needs Dwight Howard back needs to watch this game and then tell me that. Houston may be winning some games without Dwight, but they are not a contender without him in the paint.

mightybosstone
03-12-2015, 12:47 AM
Yeah, I'm done. I cannot stand to watch this abortion of a second half anymore. One of the worst offensive halves of basketball I've ever seen Houston play. I'm completely disgusted with their play tonight.

houstonfan
03-12-2015, 12:52 AM
Good to see Harden gave it 60 solid games before phoning it in defensively this year.

Tony_Starks
03-12-2015, 12:56 AM
Good to see Harden gave it 60 solid games before phoning it in defensively this year.

Man compared to last year Harden is the new Bill Russell! Lol

Vincent
03-12-2015, 01:02 AM
Did anyone else see Lillard get mugged?

Htownballa1622
03-12-2015, 01:03 AM
NBA refs man.

Lillard hammered. No call.

LakersIn5
03-12-2015, 01:05 AM
Westbrook took only 14 shots and okc lost badly. Thats why westbrook shoots too much because he cant rely on his teamates to score enough. Okc is constructed like that, for the star player to shoot alot

Cal827
03-12-2015, 01:14 AM
Three things.

1: Good win Spurman. Thought I'd get back to this after the Raptor win over the Spurs in FEB :cheers:

2. The Raptors ****ing suck right now :laugh2:... I never wanted to play Washington so badly

3. After this game, I think pretty much any PG can thrive in Chicago. They don't need Derek Rose anymore.

houstonfan
03-12-2015, 01:31 AM
Man compared to last year Harden is the new Bill Russell! Lol

I don't think anyone would act like he was an all NBA defensive player, but he has been average and wasn't a liability defensively this season. Somehow tonight though he decided that after 3 days rest that he would just take the night off on that end and let Batum blow by him and fall asleep staring at the ball like he did all last season.

Tough loss. Even though Brewer had the hot hand I don't see how it would ever be a good idea to let a 28% shooter take the game tying 3 when you have Harden on the court… He has been incredible in the clutch this year. Just another questionable Kevin McHale decision I guess.

tredigs
03-12-2015, 01:42 AM
Westbrook took only 14 shots and okc lost badly. Thats why westbrook shoots too much because he cant rely on his teamates to score enough. Okc is constructed like that, for the star player to shoot alot

He was still using a ton of possessions and was 5/14 and had 10 TO's before Brooks finally benched him in favor of the reserves, as they were the only ones keeping them in it (the trend for all of OKC's games over the past month+ with Westbrook at the helm). His "MVP" play is a farce, I've said it 100 times, they are struggling mightily under his style of play.

lol, please
03-12-2015, 02:24 AM

:laugh:

goingfor28
03-12-2015, 03:02 AM
Lots of people, myself included, eating crow on that one. I'd give Harden the mvp the way he's kept houston chugging right along even tho Dwight has been out for so long

goingfor28
03-12-2015, 03:04 AM
Chris Paul did a good job tonight keeping Russ in check when he guarded him. 2-8 and 7 TOs. Good all around game for LAC with CP, JJ, Barnes, DJ, and Baby all really contributing.
CP been playing great with Blake out. Returning the favor from last season when Blake went off while CP was out.

I still can't believe how awful Spencer Hawes has been though. He makes nothing and looks horrible. He's an overpaid Byron Mullens this year really.

lol, please
03-12-2015, 03:12 AM
I'd give Harden the mvp

Did Curry retire? :confused:

goingfor28
03-12-2015, 03:18 AM
Did Curry retire? :confused:
No. I'd put him as 1B. But to me Harden gets it. Curry has much more help than Harden right now, and if you look at their numbers they're pretty damn identical so I'm taking the guy who doesn't have another lights out 3 pt shooter and a D player of the year nominee. Sorry to burst your homer bubble.

tredigs
03-12-2015, 03:39 AM
No. I'd put him as 1B. But to me Harden gets it. Curry has much more help than Harden right now, and if you look at their numbers they're pretty damn identical so I'm taking the guy who doesn't have another lights out 3 pt shooter and a D player of the year nominee. Sorry to burst your homer bubble.

This argument would make more sense to me if the Rockets were winning at the same level as the Warriors. But they're not, and they got slapped the **** around when they played h2h 4 times.

goingfor28
03-12-2015, 03:46 AM
This argument would make more sense to me if the Rockets were winning at the same level as the Warriors. But they're not, and they got slapped the **** around when they played h2h 4 times.
Ok and the only team winning at the rate of GS is Atl. GS is a complete team. Hou is a top 4 seed without their 2nd best player and a top 5 Center. Harden doesn't have nearly the help that Steph does, again not taking away from Steph bc he's also absolutely deserving of MVP, I just give the nod to Harden. 1A and 1B.

tredigs
03-12-2015, 03:59 AM
Ok and the only team winning at the rate of GS is Atl. GS is a complete team. Hou is a top 4 seed without their 2nd best player and a top 5 Center. Harden doesn't have nearly the help that Steph does, again not taking away from Steph bc he's also absolutely deserving of MVP, I just give the nod to Harden. 1A and 1B.

I understand your points, but I'll put it this way; The Warriors are not having a "very good" regular season. They are having a historically great season. Their win% ranks in the top 10 in NBA history dating back to 1945, and their win differential + SRS are squarely in the top 10 ever, if not top 3 (I haven't checked recently). Atlanta's W/L playing in the East is close, but the way they're winning is not (and they are having an INCREDIBLE year).

All that said, I am skeptical that this Warriors squad could make the Western Conference playoffs without Curry. Their #1b ranked offense would unquestionably fall out of the top 10, and 55 wins (let alone 65+) would be a pipe dream. I'd argue that the level at which they're dominating in what is one of the toughest single season conferences in NBA history is not being given nearly enough attention in this debate, and Curry's absurd value is in the drivers seat behind that.

goingfor28
03-12-2015, 04:01 AM
I understand your points, but I'll put it this way; The Warriors are not having a "very good" regular season. They are having a historically great season. Their win% ranks in the top 10 in NBA history dating back to 1945, and their win differential + SRS are squarely in the top 10 ever, if not top 3 (I haven't checked recently). Atlanta's W/L playing in the East is close, but the way they're winning is not (and they are having an INCREDIBLE year).

All that said, I am skeptical that this Warriors squad could make the Western Conference playoffs without Curry. Their #1b ranked offense would unquestionably fall out of the top 10, and 55 wins, let alone 65+, would be a pipe dream. I'd argue that the level at which they're dominating in what is one of the toughest single season conferences in NBA history is not being given nearly enough attention in this debate, and Curry's absurd value is in the drivers seat behind it.
Fair enough. They're both deserving, as I've said. If there was ever a season where co-MVP was given out this would be it imo. I won't be disappointed either way as long as one of them wins it. Russ and Lebron are also deserving but they're clearly below Steph and Harden.

tredigs
03-12-2015, 04:06 AM
Fair enough. They're both deserving, as I've said. If there was ever a season where co-MVP was given out this would be it imo. I won't be disappointed either way as long as one of them wins it. Russ and Lebron are also deserving but they're clearly below Steph and Harden.
Russ and Lebron would be historically incredibly weak MVP choices between their team record and personal games played. Especially in Russ's case considering OKC is .500 under his guide. I'd argue AD and CP3 over both. But yeah, this is between Harden and Curry if the vote is rooted in reality.

goingfor28
03-12-2015, 04:07 AM
Russ and Lebron would be historically incredibly weak MVP choices between their record and games played. Especially in Russ's case considering OKC is .500 under his guide.
Agree. But minus Russ okc would be well out of the playoff picture. Okc has nobody except him and KD, who hasn't really played at all. Ibaka is nice but that's it. as long as Steph or Harden wins I'm fine, I just give my edge to Harden. Ratio would be something like 55/45

tredigs
03-12-2015, 04:27 AM
^Likewise, I think Curry should get the nod (surprise), but I'm good with either of the two as it stands. Still plenty of ball to play though.

LakersIn5
03-12-2015, 04:42 AM
As much us i want westbrook to win it id give it to harden. He deserves it the most with thay ****** *** rockets team without dwight. But if the thunder ends the season 14-3 and the thunder win 50 games then id give it to westbrook but realistically that wont happen

tredigs
03-12-2015, 04:45 AM
Westbrook's case is so bad other than the fact that triple-doubles give people a hard on. Missed a quarter of the season, turning it over like crazy plus shooting poorly, and the team is not winning under his guide; they're losing ground. I see zero argument for him over AD, Lebron or CP3, let alone Curry + Harden.

Saddletramp
03-12-2015, 06:28 AM
Lots of people, myself included, eating crow on that one. I'd give Harden the mvp the way he's kept houston chugging right along even tho Dwight has been out for so long

No offense, but I gotta say, just basing off of this past offseason I thought you were just a Rockets troll but I've seen enough of your posts this year to assume that you were just having fun at another teams' expense. Total 180° in my eyes.

I am skeptical that this Warriors squad could make the Western Conference playoffs without Curry.

Give me a god damn break. Just stop it with that nonsense. You're better than that. If Curry got a season ending injury in week 1 and Livingston was the top PG, they probably wouldn't be tops in the conference but out of the playoff race? Lo****ingl.

tredigs
03-12-2015, 10:03 AM
No offense, but I gotta say, just basing off of this past offseason I thought you were just a Rockets troll but I've seen enough of your posts this year to assume that you were just having fun at another teams' expense. Total 180° in my eyes.

Give me a god damn break. Just stop it with that nonsense. You're better than that. If Curry got a season ending injury in week 1 and Livingston was the top PG, they probably wouldn't be tops in the conference but out of the playoff race? Lo****ingl.
It's hilarious to me that you don't think this statement is more of a joke than mine. You don't have any clue what you're talking about. And every metric concerning Curry and the team disagrees with you. They would struggle mightily to win 50 with Livingston at the helm. Hell, this team is historically great, and still they are outscored by opponents with Curry on the bench.

Htownballa1622
03-12-2015, 10:29 AM

Props to you. :cheers: (not sarcasm)

Most of the others were banned. My sig has the thread. It's pretty funny.

Saddletramp
03-12-2015, 03:29 PM
It's hilarious to me that you don't think this statement is more of a joke than mine. You don't have any clue what you're talking about. And every metric concerning Curry and the team disagrees with you. They would struggle mightily to win 50 with Livingston at the helm. Hell, this team is historically great, and still they are outscored by opponents with Curry on the bench.

Well, we'll never know so I guess we're just laughing at each other.

kdspurman
03-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Grizzlies are resting Z-Bo, Gasol, Conley, and Allen tonight. Interesting move with the standings so tight from 2-6.

tredigs
03-12-2015, 05:58 PM
Well, we'll never know so I guess we're just laughing at each other.

We have loads of #'s that show how they play when he's off the court, and it's not elite. One of us can back up our stance.

lol, please
03-12-2015, 07:04 PM
We have loads of #'s that show how they play when he's off the court, and it's not elite. One of us can back up our stance.

Well said.

Saddletramp
03-12-2015, 07:39 PM

It's totally hypothetical. If Curry woulda went down in the preseason and been out for the year, everything changes. Would there be any roster moves? Would the guys realize that they'd have to all step it up and then they'd gel differently? Would Kerr make changes to the system? Would a new guy that's been sitting on the bench break out like Linsanity?

You're telling me a team with a newly re-upped Klay that needs to prove his worth, a max contract chasing guy like Green needing to prove he's worth it, a guy like Lee (who sees the writing on the wall in terms of him probably being the odd man out soon) trying to prove he's the guy to keep, Bogut trying to prove he can stay healthy, finally doesn't have to deal with Preacher Man, and also wants to prove he's not trade worthy (like has been rumored off and on), Barnes trying to prove that he's worth paying and staying, Livingston realizing that this is his shot to get a big contract from somewhere and start, Iggy trying to prove he should stick around, etc........ wouldn't be able to be in the playoff hunt because numbers back up how they're way off from the one game they lost without him (in the middle of a road trip against a semi hot Pacers team at the time that was actually pretty close to the end) and the times they've been up enough in the fourth that the garbage guys are running the time out for both teams? How many times do you see those garbage guys play well when they're down by 20+ in the fourth?

And I don't think you were one of the guys who said Klay > Harden but if Curry is out and Klay can't take that team to the playoffs then why was that even a debate?

When guys get hurt for extended periods of time, everything changes, so these current numbers are pretty moot. Then again, I don't know, maybe they'd be battling for the worst record. We'll never know.

Htownballa1622
03-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Rudy Gobert has 10 rebounds in the 1st q.

Lakers + Giants
03-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Gobert with a double double in the 1st quarter vs Houston.

:clap:

kdspurman
03-12-2015, 10:16 PM
We've been good in 2nd quarters during this streak. Hopefully that trend continues... Entertaining first. A little too high scoring for my liking but whatever

Vee-Rex
03-12-2015, 10:29 PM
Hoping the Cavs can keep the tempo up. I'm not a big fan of Dellavedova and I cringe every time he is posting up at the 3 point line cause he can't dribble. If we can keep it close til the end we have a shot at pulling away.

kdspurman
03-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Need this one. Looking like Houston may lose tonight again

Vee-Rex
03-12-2015, 10:43 PM
LBJ and Leonard are going at it. Parker and Irving are going at it. This is a really good game.

kdspurman
03-12-2015, 10:45 PM
LBJ and Leonard are going at it. Parker and Irving are going at it. This is a really good game.

Indeed. Maybe duncan and love will have a little moment

nastynice
03-12-2015, 10:45 PM
Wow, Parker and Irving, what a show!!

Kyrie is just so sick, game is so smooth, reminds me of d rose with that natural effortless style

tredigs
03-12-2015, 10:52 PM
Harden with 13 points on 13 FTA's + 11 FGA's. Yikes. Beat down by the Jazz. GObert effect-->

Vee-Rex
03-12-2015, 10:52 PM
Ok you take JR Smith out because of some lapses on defense and replace him with Shum... Dellevadova?? Didn't make sense.

jerellh528
03-12-2015, 11:15 PM
James fears Leonard.

Lakers + Giants
03-12-2015, 11:21 PM
Need this one. Looking like Houston may lose tonight again

Was trying to tell MBT at the time. Those next 11 games weren't as easy as it appeared for houston.

@ Jazz
@ Ind
@ NO

were all gonna be tough. 1st ones up, Jazz, and they destroyed Houston.

That's not including

@Denver, they got the W but it's tough playing there.

@ Por, L yesterday

@ LAC, their next game

kdspurman
03-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Was trying to tell MBT at the time. Those next 11 games weren't as easy as it appeared for houston.

@ Jazz
@ Ind
@ NO

were all gonna be tough. 1st ones up, Jazz, and they destroyed Houston.

yea he was saying how unlikely it was for SA to get a top 4 seed. obviously they need to take care of business, but theres plenty of time for teams to rise/drop.

and yea thats not an easy stretch by any means

nastynice
03-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Irving!! so sick!! LOVING the pg matchup in this one, these guys are both absolutely on top of their game right now.

kdspurman
03-12-2015, 11:33 PM
gotta extend this lead these next few minutes

Vee-Rex
03-12-2015, 11:37 PM
Man the calls haven't been going our way all game.

kdspurman
03-12-2015, 11:37 PM
diaw had his way with love in the first match up. hes played beyond expecations this year overall though. would be nice to see him get going

kdspurman
03-12-2015, 11:38 PM
Man the calls haven't been going our way all game.

theyve been pretty consistently off on both ends imo.

Lakers + Giants
03-12-2015, 11:38 PM
yea he was saying how unlikely it was for SA to get a top 4 seed. obviously they need to take care of business, but theres plenty of time for teams to rise/drop.

and yea thats not an easy stretch by any means

I been saying for a while that I expected to see SA in the top 4 and for Suns to drop out. Now suns are guaranteed out, It's between OKC/DAL/NO for those last 2 spots. I still think SA will end up with HCA.

lol, please
03-12-2015, 11:42 PM
We need the Lakers back in the playoffs. :nod: Lin will lead the way.

nastynice
03-12-2015, 11:44 PM
ugh. I know vee rex obviously follow the cavs and knows more than me, and disagrees with me, but I am just SO unimpressed with cleveland coaching. Its just so blah. So spolstra.

I can't believe they can have such an offensive beast in love and just let him waste away at the 3 pt line. The guy needs to get some 2 man game going with Irving and Love while James is on the bench. Kerr made some bold moves, has Lee and Iggy coming off the bench, paying HUGE dividends because its all about creating the best TEAM situation. This guy Blatt is just blah, just not a fan of his at all

Lakers + Giants
03-12-2015, 11:45 PM
We need the Lakers back in the playoffs. :nod: Lin will lead the way.

:puke:

kdspurman
I been saying for a while that I expected to see SA in the top 4 and for Suns to drop out. Now suns are guaranteed out, It's between OKC/DAL/NO for those last 2 spots. I still think SA will end up with HCA.

definitely possible. mathematically, even the 2 seed is within reach, especially with Memphis dropping a few games. 3-4 are more realistic though.

gotta take care of business though.

Vee-Rex
theyve been pretty consistently off on both ends imo.

Soon as I posted that they gave the Cavs a couple calls that could've been no calls lol. You're right they've been consistent.

As we go into the fourth here's what I see:

Cavs can't defend Duncan/Parker pick n roll. Spurs have been getting wonderful looks through great ball movement and smart play. Cavs only still in this game cause of huge shots by Irving, otherwise they are beating us down slowly.

In games where we blow teams out we're able to force turnovers but it feels like we can't force any on the Spurs. We're struggling and the Spurs aren't.

If it continues this way we're gonna lose by like 14.

nastynice
03-12-2015, 11:49 PM
spurs just look like the better team. SA, old *** ****ers, right back to championship form. Its unreal, its like a light switch, they just flip it on

Vee-Rex
03-12-2015, 11:53 PM
You're absolutely right, nastynice. I see some good stuff run by Blatt for Love in a lot of games... it just seems like on national television they forget about him. All in all Blatt definitely isn't using Love like he should and it's really frustrating.

kdspurman
03-12-2015, 11:57 PM
wasnt a foul. cant let them be physical then call stuff like that. be consistent!

flea
03-13-2015, 12:00 AM
wasnt a foul. cant let them be physical then call stuff like that. be consistent!

You must be new to the NBA. Lebron makes any sort of contact with a help defender = foul. Lebron throws forearm shivers on defense = good physical basketball, no call.

kdspurman
03-13-2015, 12:00 AM
Soon as I posted that they gave the Cavs a couple calls that could've been no calls lol. You're right they've been consistent.

As we go into the fourth here's what I see:

Cavs can't defend Duncan/Parker pick n roll. Spurs have been getting wonderful looks through great ball movement and smart play. Cavs only still in this game cause of huge shots by Irving, otherwise they are beating us down slowly.

In games where we blow teams out we're able to force turnovers but it feels like we can't force any on the Spurs. We're struggling and the Spurs aren't.

If it continues this way we're gonna lose by like 14.

good assessment. irving is killing us man... we need 2 kawhis, 1 for lebron and 1 for kyrie. but i guess they will have to live with kyrie going off. its scary, cause he can singlehandedly bring em back.

lebron has had a quiet but solid game. could be his time to leave his stamp on the game. kawhi not in foul trouble helps a ton.

just happy to see ball movement again. this is the team i know

tredigs
03-13-2015, 12:01 AM
Great game all around regardless of how this ends.

kdspurman
03-13-2015, 12:02 AM
You must be new to the NBA. Lebron makes any sort of contact with a help defender = foul. Lebron throws forearm shivers on defense = good physical basketball, no call.

ha.. hardly new, but frustrating. i know how it goes with the stars. just annoying :/

unleashthebeast
03-13-2015, 12:05 AM
Kyrie definitely playing too much hero ball

tredigs
03-13-2015, 12:07 AM
Kyrie's doing a little too much hero ball, but he didn't have a choice on that last one. And if it has to be anyone, it should be him. He's probably the best ISO player in the NBA.

lol, please
03-13-2015, 12:08 AM
spurs just look like the better team. SA, old *** ****ers, right back to championship form. Its unreal, its like a light switch, they just flip it on

Spurs just have a way of putting it together when it matters most, but they won't have an answer for a deep, elite team in the Warriors.

I also love the fact that no team in the east is better than the best teams of the west, it's almost as if the real finals were the WCF.

kdspurman
03-13-2015, 12:08 AM
thompson had a legit beef when he went up. i dont know if lebron was fouled. i know he argues at times if he misses an easy one in traffic. gotta wait for replay

kawhi is awesome btw.

ewing
03-13-2015, 12:10 AM
how valuable is Danny Green? What kind of deal should he get. Someone on here recently how well the Spurs just reload with there role players but i don't know if he is easily replaceable

kdspurman
Spurs just have a way of putting it together when it matters most, but they won't have an answer for a deep, elite team in the Warriors.

I also love the fact that no team in the east is better than the best teams of the west, it's almost as if the real finals were the WCF.

easy there. you never know . spurs are deep too.and a pretty good team

nastynice

I hope not, I think theres one more matchup vs them, right? That's gonna be huge, cuz if they beat us again, and we happen to meet in the playoffs, they're gonna have that mental edge.

kdspurman
03-13-2015, 12:11 AM
how valuable is Danny Green? What kind of deal should he get. Someone on here recently how well the Spurs just reload with there role players but i don't know if he is easily replaceable

hes not easily replaceable by any means. arguably 1 of the best defenders at the 2, and a great 3 point shooter

Vee-Rex
03-13-2015, 12:11 AM
No Love in the 4th.

I think it would've taken nearly a miracle to come in San Antonio while they're rolling and win, but Cavs got some stuff to work on. They're clearly the better team and will always be better if we can't defend better and find a way to get Love some kind of role on this team.

tredigs
03-13-2015, 12:12 AM
Maybe Duncan's a reptilian.

ewing
03-13-2015, 12:16 AM
Learning experience for the Cavs tonight. lot of passion on the floor tonight

kdspurman
03-13-2015, 12:17 AM
**** i had no idea thats what Duncan's stat line looked like.

kobe4thewinbang
03-13-2015, 12:17 AM
LeBron gotta be more aggressive, like Charles is saying. And Kevin Love is MIA. That won't win a 'chip.

kdspurman
03-13-2015, 12:24 AM
kawhi giveth.......

Crackadalic
03-13-2015, 12:25 AM
Kyrie is such a fuccin beast omfgggg

Lakers + Giants
03-13-2015, 12:26 AM
Wow. Free basketball.

KD is livid right now. :laugh2:

Sorry man, haha.

Vee-Rex
Lol Uncle Drew!

Tony_Starks
Kyrie Irving is that dude! The closer!

tredigs
03-13-2015, 12:27 AM
Oh man. Might be the game of the year right now, and might be the performance of the year by Kyrie.

nastynice
Kyrie!!!! animal!!

cleveland looking to steal one.

Hardaway Here
Kyrie in a league of his own tonight damn that was cold

kdspurman
Wow. Free basketball.

KD is livid right now. :laugh2:

Sorry man, haha.

Shouldn't have come to this :sigh:

Kyrie is en fuego. Might have to sacrifice and put kawhi on him

nastynice
03-13-2015, 12:28 AM
Oh man. Might be the game of the year right now, and might be the performance of the year by Kyrie.

:nod:

he is absolutely killing it right now

Crackadalic
03-13-2015, 12:29 AM
Shouldn't have come to this :sigh:

Kyrie is en fuego. Might have to sacrifice and put kawhi on him

I'm shock they didn't foul as soon as he got the ball

ewing
03-13-2015, 12:29 AM
i'd like to apologize for anything bad i've ever said about Kryrie.

kobe4thewinbang
03-13-2015, 12:30 AM
OMG...Game 6 of the Finals all over again.

tredigs
03-13-2015, 12:31 AM

They really didn't have time to. I agree with the foul 1st mentality there, but if you touch him (since they were late) he's putting it up and getting 3 FT's guaranteed. And he's an elite foul shooter. Wasn't a good time.

kobe4thewinbang
03-13-2015, 12:31 AM
Kyrie beasting with 46 points and a huge 3...LeBron who?

ewing
03-13-2015, 12:32 AM

i didn't see much opportunity to foul. He got separation and squared on the catch. If Lenord fouled him i think it going to be 3 free throws at best

Crackadalic
03-13-2015, 12:33 AM
Kyrie again Jesus

kobe4thewinbang
03-13-2015, 12:33 AM
Kobe Irving...my lawd.

Crackadalic
03-13-2015, 12:35 AM
Lebron has mini wade without the knee issues. Lucky mofo

kobe4thewinbang
03-13-2015, 12:36 AM
Spurs are getting mind-screwed right now. It might be over.

kobe4thewinbang
03-13-2015, 12:37 AM
LeBron reminding everybody he's still the baddest.

Tony_Starks
Lebron has mini wade without the knee issues. Lucky mofo

Wade with a way sicker handle and ridiculous range.....

tredigs
This is ****ing great. I don't know what else to say.

kdspurman
nothing to be said or done. kyrie winning this for Cleveland. great shooting

Crackadalic
WTF BaseKyrie :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::w orthy::worthy:

kobe4thewinbang
03-13-2015, 12:38 AM
OMFG...Kyrie, stop. Wow. Unconscionable.

kobe4thewinbang
Parker keeps answering, though...saying we the champs.

Hardaway Here
Kyrie just eating the spurs NBA Jams on fire mode in real life

kdspurman
03-13-2015, 12:39 AM
missed fts... nothing new lol. this wasnt about a lebron revenge game or anythin . kyrie played out of his mind. just tip your hat

FlashBolt
03-13-2015, 12:40 AM
Amazing. I came home seeing Cavs down 8. Thought it would be over. Meanwhile, the entire time, Kyrie is killing them.

kobe4thewinbang
03-13-2015, 12:41 AM
56 points...damn.

Hardaway Here
03-13-2015, 12:41 AM
Its over for the Spurs they couldn't hold on great game though

kdspurman
03-13-2015, 12:42 AM
fix your face bron lol

kobe4thewinbang
03-13-2015, 12:43 AM
LeBron and Kyrie are playing against each other. Just, wow. Don't count out the Cavs. Finals preview right here.

Vee-Rex
03-13-2015, 12:44 AM
Wow... just wow. Best game of the year IMO.

Gotta give it to the Spurs. Still the better team.

Crackadalic
03-13-2015, 12:46 AM
Kyrie is just a great shot maker. Like Charles said its not like he was open. He was guarded fairly well but hat off to him

kobe4thewinbang
Wow... just wow. Best game of the year IMO.

Gotta give it to the Spurs. Still the better team.They gotta make it out of the wild wild west first, though.

FlashBolt
LeBron had a bad game overall, though. Kyrie saved him. LeBron was getting outperformed by Kawhi. Parker had an amazing game. Love was useless AS usual. Kyrie was just feeling it. Stepback three, pullup three, just spectacular. He's put up two of the top five games this season.

tredigs
Lmao. Damn near put up 60 on a 90% TS. That's impossible.

nastynice
03-13-2015, 12:48 AM
Career high for Kyrie!! :clap::clap: performance of the year right there!

kobe4thewinbang
LeBron is now Wade.
Kyrie is now LeBron.

IKnowHoops
There is no reason to have James Jones in there over K Love at the end.

kobe4thewinbang
03-13-2015, 12:49 AM
3 free throws...hmm...

Crackadalic
03-13-2015, 12:50 AM
So what was the point in trading Wiggins for love again?

ewing
03-13-2015, 12:50 AM
missed fts... nothing new lol. this wasnt about a lebron revenge game or anythin . kyrie played out of his mind. just tip your hat

that's all you can do if you are the Spurs. be mad at yourself for missing FTs and say WTF

kobe4thewinbang
03-13-2015, 12:51 AM
Spurs bowed out gracefully...unlikely that a Cav would've missed 2 free throws, but it was possible. Oh, well.

Cavs deserved this win. I can't believe it. Down 8 with like a minute left. Wow.

IKnowHoops
03-13-2015, 12:51 AM
One of those rare nights, where his matchup was so much better than Lebron's matchup that he was going to be the better player. And he was on fire. Leonard is Lebrons toughest matchup.

Tony_Starks
03-13-2015, 12:52 AM
#1- video game night for Kobe Irving

#2- biggest loser of the night.....(drumroll)....New York Knickerbockers!

ewing
03-13-2015, 12:53 AM
Kyrie is just a great shot maker. Like Charles said its not like he was open. He was guarded fairly well but hat off to him

dude wasn't at all. Bron had one wide open three. Otherwise WOW

ewing
03-13-2015, 12:57 AM
One of those rare nights, where his matchup was so much better than Lebron's matchup that he was going to be the better player. And he was on fire. Leonard is Lebrons toughest matchup.

Leonard is a load. On one play he backed down Iman like he was a little kid. Athletically he is pretty special

ewing
03-13-2015, 12:58 AM

Leonard is a load. On one play he backed down Iman like he was a little kid. Athletically he is pretty special

FlashBolt
03-13-2015, 12:58 AM
Spurs bowed out gracefully...unlikely that a Cav would've missed 2 free throws, but it was possible. Oh, well.

Cavs deserved this win. I can't believe it. Down 8 with like a minute left. Wow.

LeBron missed two free throws vs the Rockets -- which would have probably won them the game. With that being said, this had the feeling of a game 6 2013 finals to it. Cleveland down, missed shot by Parker, missed FT's by Kawhi, and then the three to tie it with Cleveland winning in OT.

FlashBolt
03-13-2015, 01:00 AM
Leonard is probably the best LeBron-defender I've ever seen. Even LeBron knows it judging by how he reacts every time Kawhi is guarding him. It's unfortunate that the Spurs have to go through so much just to get to the Finals because I'm damn sure no one on the West outside of Kawhi can guard LeBron. Speaking about matchups... I'm down to see a Kyrie vs Curry or Kyrie vs Westbrook. This dude Kyrie turns super saiyan when it matters.

ewing
03-13-2015, 01:02 AM
i think even if the Cavs hadn't won tonight it would have been a big night for them. they need these kind of tests. hell of a game

kobe4thewinbang
03-13-2015, 01:02 AM
LeBron missed two free throws vs the Rockets -- which would have probably won them the game. With that being said, this had the feeling of a game 6 2013 finals to it. Cleveland down, missed shot by Parker, missed FT's by Kawhi, and then the three to tie it with Cleveland winning in OT.Spurs basically said "we'll see y'all again."

ewing
03-13-2015, 01:04 AM
that backup three over Diaw was sick

BKdoubleStacker
03-13-2015, 01:12 AM
Back to back doo doo games from harden but he's still the MVP

Even though lebrons the better player, he has two superstars and a slew of good players.

tredigs
03-13-2015, 01:12 AM
As a whole, the Spurs were clearly better tonight -- but that performance was once in a lifetime man. Best I've seen in years.

FlashBolt
03-13-2015, 01:13 AM
Spurs basically said "we'll see y'all again."

I hope so. I'm not sure entirely what it is about the Spurs but he's been LeBron's biggest test his entire career. Since 2007, they have been that team that he truly can't overcome entirely. Every other team, he has beat.

tredigs
03-13-2015, 01:16 AM
I hope so. I'm not sure entirely what it is about the Spurs but he's been LeBron's biggest test his entire career. Since 2007, they have been that team that he truly can't overcome entirely. Every other team, he has beat.

There's a decent chance that was the last time we will ever see Lebron face those Spurs. Duncan's Spurs. What a way to end it if so.

If the Warriors don't make it, that Finals definitely would not disappoint me though.

Tony_Starks
03-13-2015, 01:16 AM
that backup three over Diaw was sick

Those are the kind of shots that running back down court you're just like "good sh...

tredigs
03-13-2015, 01:23 AM
I wonder if Lebron still feels that this team isn't ready to compete for a title?

FlashBolt
03-13-2015, 01:24 AM
There's a decent chance that was the last time we will ever see Lebron face those Spurs. Duncan's Spurs. What a way to end it if so.

If the Warriors don't make it, that Finals definitely would not disappoint me though.

I don't doubt it just based off how competitive West is but the Spurs I saw tonight are good enough to make it out of the West. It just so happens that five other teams are just as good.

tredigs
03-13-2015, 01:26 AM
I don't doubt it just based off how competitive West is but the Spurs I saw tonight are good enough to make it out of the West. It just so happens that five other teams are just as good.

Oh for sure they are. But yeah as you said, it's just a gauntlet and the odds are a bit against them, especially without HCA throughout. Also the Cavs have to deal with the Hawks w/ out HCA, who are still my favorites to take the East.

FlashBolt
03-13-2015, 01:26 AM
I wonder if Lebron still feels that this team isn't ready to compete for a title?

He actually stated (when they were on a winning streak) that he felt they had a team capable of winning the title. Not sure where it came from but he did acknowledge that.

ewing
03-13-2015, 01:28 AM

maybe one day he will find the right teammates :)

tredigs
03-13-2015, 01:30 AM
He actually stated (when they were on a winning streak) that he felt they had a team capable of winning the title. Not sure where it came from but he did acknowledge that.

That's good to hear. That was a strange comment for him to make pre-season. Almost like he was hedging the hate against him.

ewing
03-13-2015, 01:46 AM
Curry 3 the other night and Irving's 3 over Diaw tonight were two the best 3 point shots i have ever seen. if guys can start shooting 3s off the bounce like that the post game will really die. amazing

FlashBolt
03-13-2015, 02:03 AM
Can someone tell me why LeBron keeps taking those technical FT's and/or intentionally fouled ones when the time is running out? It should be Kyrie shooting those. Hate the idea that your best player should take them.

IversonIsKrazy
03-13-2015, 03:00 AM
THat wass an insane game! Spurs were the better team, but Irving, my Goodness. I loved Timmy's look at the end, almost like we'll rape u in the finals tho hahaha. Just amazing game to watch though. First tony vs irving, then kawhi vs lebron, then tony vs irving again. THen Spurs as a team, and lastly Irving just going bananas. But I liked what Chuck said; the reason why if this is the finals and I still take Spurs is that Spurs hit easy shots, Cavs hit ridiculously difficult shots.

Saddletramp
03-13-2015, 03:43 AM
Damn. Just finished that. I pretty much gave up on them when they were down late but hot dang if Kyrie's not insane. Kind of feel bad for Leonard, though.

LakersIn5
03-13-2015, 04:49 AM
**** it. Cavs vs a healthy thunder would be exciting to watch in the finals. Westbrook vs irving, lbj vs kd, love vs ibaka, mozgov vs kanter, chucking guards vs chucking guards. Cant wait

SF8
03-13-2015, 05:18 AM
**** it. Cavs vs a healthy thunder would be exciting to watch in the finals. Westbrook vs irving, lbj vs kd, love vs ibaka, mozgov vs kanter, chucking guards vs chucking guards. Cant wait

I don't think KD will be completely healthy til next season.

SF8
03-13-2015, 05:20 AM

I like that he's keeping them humbled. They haven't accomplished jack s**t yet, many of their players haven't ever even make playoffs.

SF8
03-13-2015, 05:20 AM
I think it's funny that the media was all over bashing LeBRon for missing FTs at the end of the Houston game while nobody other than Shaq even mentioned Kawhi Leonard choking at the FT line tonight.

Not the first time he choked at the line either, did the same thing against Miami two years ago in game 6 which led to the Ray Allen 3.

Why is it that everyone only talks about his positives and how he's such a star and all that? Doesn't the reigning Finals MVP have the responsibility of closing games out? Or that only for 'Bron-Bron?

nastynice
03-13-2015, 05:53 AM
only for bron bron. now let it go.

I loved the dynamic between lebron and kyrie in this game, Irving was the main scorer, as I felt he should be all year, while lebron was still picking his spots in which to control the offense and start moving the ball.

Seems like there's almost no movement outside of the drive n dish when kyrie or lebron has the ball. I just cant put in words how disappointing clevelands coaching looks to me.

prodigy
03-13-2015, 05:58 AM
only for bron bron. now let it go.

I loved the dynamic between lebron and kyrie in this game, Irving was the main scorer, as I felt he should be all year, while lebron was still picking his spots in which to control the offense and start moving the ball.

Seems like there's almost no movement outside of the drive n dish when kyrie or lebron has the ball. I just cant put in words how disappointing clevelands coaching looks to me.

why should we let it go? lol. Leonard does not deserve a free pass. He choked big time. I mean that's prob the biggest choke job you can perform in the NBA. Blowing 2 Fts.

prodigy
03-13-2015, 06:08 AM
THat wass an insane game! Spurs were the better team, but Irving, my Goodness. I loved Timmy's look at the end, almost like we'll rape u in the finals tho hahaha. Just amazing game to watch though. First tony vs irving, then kawhi vs lebron, then tony vs irving again. THen Spurs as a team, and lastly Irving just going bananas. But I liked what Chuck said; the reason why if this is the finals and I still take Spurs is that Spurs hit easy shots, Cavs hit ridiculously difficult shots.

Cavs also had a very poor game moving the ball. in the cavs last 29 games Cleveland is 23-6 and for the most part moved the ball very well. Last night I was shocked they won with such poor movement. Cleveland just has great talent, so even in bad games like this they can still win. When they share the ball im sry I don't see a team that can beat them.

Goose17
03-13-2015, 06:52 AM

:clap:

I'm a big fan of Blatt, this Cavs team plays nothing like Tel Aviv did, but that's to be expected because it's completely different personnel. I just figured he would have had more emphasis on ball movement. I guess that's hard to do with so many ego's though, it's not like they've given him a bunch of selfless players to use, look at J.R Smith etc.

Goose17
03-13-2015, 06:55 AM

I wan't to see the Hawks in there. Hawks v Spurs or something.

If the Hawks and Dubs don't make it. OKC - Cavs. We need another KD-LBJ match up, that last one LBJ was in his prime and KD wasn't near it. Now KD is in his prime and LeBron is just about to fall on the wrong side of his peak.

Westbrook > Irving
KD - LeBron
Ibaka > Love

Some great match ups in there.

I would also like to see Memphis give them what for. But they've been slipping recently.

Goose17
03-13-2015, 06:58 AM
Props to Kyrie though, 57 points on over 60% from the field, 100% from deep, 100% from the line, 4 steals. It's a shame he only had 5 assists with 2 turnovers, would love to see the kid pass the ball more. But when he's on a tear like that who can complain really?

Second best handles in the league too ;)

Vee-Rex
03-13-2015, 09:35 AM
Who has the best handles? I'm curious who you think has better handles than Kyrie.

kdspurman
03-13-2015, 09:58 AM
Damn. Just finished that. I pretty much gave up on them when they were down late but hot dang if Kyrie's not insane. Kind of feel bad for Leonard, though.

i always wonder if his hands being so big make him struggle from the line. sometimes he's just on, and other times he struggles

ewing
03-13-2015, 10:34 AM
I wan't to see the Hawks in there. Hawks v Spurs or something.

If the Hawks and Dubs don't make it. OKC - Cavs. We need another KD-LBJ match up, that last one LBJ was in his prime and KD wasn't near it. Now KD is in his prime and LeBron is just about to fall on the wrong side of his peak.

Westbrook > Irving
KD - LeBron
Ibaka > Love

Some great match ups in there.

I would also like to see Memphis give them what for. But they've been slipping recently.

I think his two best player are at their best in iso situations, especially Kyrie. LeBron and Kyrie dictate what he should do if his personal philosophy did he would be a bad coach