PDA

View Full Version : So who are your Pretenders and Dark Horses in the East and West?

Vampirate
03-09-2015, 10:22 AM
Both might look the same, however one has a chance to go far while the other is too flawed to go far.

KnicksorBust
03-09-2015, 10:53 AM
I think the entire Eastern Conference is pretenders except the Hawks and Cavs. With Rose out for the year that takes the Bulls out of it. With a fully healthy Beal and Lowry I would give the Wizards and Raptors a chance. The dark horse team would have to be the Pacers with a returning Paul George.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Wizards and Raptors regressed somewhat since All Star break.

Corey
03-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Pacers are definitely a dark horse if George comes back to form and gets them into the playoffs. They're 8 right now without him.

D-Leethal
03-09-2015, 11:16 AM
I think Wizards have a chance to get it going again, they have a lot of talent and if they can get it to "click" in the playoffs they can make a run for the ECF. But really its just the Hawks and Cavs if were being serious.

Cal827
03-09-2015, 12:17 PM
Dark Horses to me are Miami and Chicago. Wade, Dragic, and Whiteside can wreak havoc on certain teams. Also not going to write off the Bulls just because of recent struggles. They have elite defensive players, and one of the best coaches in the game.

The Pretenders in the East are the Wizards and Raptors. Both teams have been brutally exposed since their schedules amped up a bit in the difficulty. If they don't end up playing each other, I can see both of them taken out on round 1.

I think pretty much everyone in the west is a contender besides the Clippers lol

Goose17
03-09-2015, 01:24 PM
I don't think there's a pretender in the Wests top 8 right now. My dark horse was Portland, people were sleeping on them. But now that Wes is out I don't know.

In the East I think the Bucks are a dark horse. Defensively they run a system not too dissimilar to the Dubs in that they try to "switch everything", they're not as good as the Dubs because they don't have the same talent (or Draymond Green), but Middleton plays that Draymond role for them and they're very good at it. The only team in the league with a better DRTG is Golden State. There's only four teams in the East that rank higher in SRS. Their biggest issue is scoring.

I think the Hawks are the only team out East deserving of making the finals right now, followed closely by the Cavs and Toronto/D.C but unfortunately D.C and Toronto have started to fall off right as the Cavs have started to put it all together.

ewing
03-09-2015, 01:26 PM
In the East the Bulls are my dark horse. In the west i think GS, Houston, and the paper clips are pretending. This might be influenced by me laying money on Memphis preseason.

IversonIsKrazy
03-09-2015, 02:37 PM
In East, Cavs/Hawks are the only contenders to me. I think Bulls can be dark horse if Rose does come back.
In West, Houston, Portland, Dallas & LAC are pretenders to me.

KnicksorBust
03-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Do people think the Clippers are pretenders because Blake Griffin is injured?

dalton749
03-09-2015, 02:41 PM
the issues with toronto and washington are mainly coaching, both will be gone in the offseason

Sly Guy
03-09-2015, 02:45 PM
the issues with toronto and washington are mainly coaching, both will be gone in the offseason

I agree with this. But I kinda predicted a falling off of my raptors, even at the time we were sitting atop the conference, less so for the wizards, but I can't say I'm surprised at either one losing some ground.

SPURSFAN1
03-09-2015, 03:08 PM
Always pacing. Spurs about to go ham for the stretch run.

CubsBullsBucs
03-09-2015, 03:26 PM
East Pretenders: Raptors & Hawks
Bulls, Wizards are darkhorses with Cleveland favorite.

West Pretenders: Rockets & Clippers, with the other 6 Western teams all dangerous come playoff time.

lol, please
03-09-2015, 05:25 PM
East pretenders: Cavs and Bulls
West pretenders: Memphis and Clippers

Dark Horse teams: Raptors and Rockets.

ewing
03-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Do people think the Clippers are pretenders because Blake Griffin is injured?

I think it could actually help them. When the game slows, which it does in the playoffs, i think CP3 needs to attack. If i have one criticism of his clipper career its this. Guy never makes a mistake but something I think the best decision for his team is for him to be more quick and aggressive in the 1/2 court then he has been.

mightybosstone
03-09-2015, 06:38 PM
Whoops.... wrong thread.

tredigs
03-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Mavs (due to the Rondo trade) and now Blazers without Wes are the only teams I absolutely can't see making the Finals. OKC as well if for some reason KD suffers another setback. Same with Houston and Howard. But, it seems like both should be good to go at that point.

In the East we'll have to see if PG does actually return, how their synergy holds up in that scenario, and what he looks like. They're a dark-horse upset team, but I can't see them in the Finals. I don't know wtf to think of the Bulls at this point, but as long as they get Jimmy back at 100% they'll be a tough out. Hawks are my favorite with Cleveland as their top challenger. The Raps and Wiz have proven to absolutely be pretenders in this 2nd half. And Milwaukee will beat the Raps if they face off in the 1st round.

KnicksorBust
03-09-2015, 07:34 PM
I think it could actually help them. When the game slows, which it does in the playoffs, i think CP3 needs to attack. If i have one criticism of his clipper career its this. Guy never makes a mistake but something I think the best decision for his team is for him to be more quick and aggressive in the 1/2 court then he has been.

Why does Blake have to be injured for that to happen?

Tony_Starks
03-09-2015, 07:40 PM
Entire east are pretenders. Dark horse in the east is MIA. Houston pretenders out west as usual. Portland dark horse even though I can't believe people are still sleeping on them. Matthews gone hurts but isn't a deal breaker especially if Batum keeps stepping his game up,,,

LAKERS4LIFE!!
03-09-2015, 07:58 PM
Always pacing. Spurs about to go ham for the stretch run.

Honestly can't believe how many people have been writing them off lately and especially a couple of weeks ago, they never learn lol

SPURSFAN1
03-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Honestly can't believe how many people have been writing them off lately and especially a couple of weeks ago, they never learn lol

Like clockwork. Pop is pulling the trigger with his lineups and giving more minutes to kawhi in close games. The spurs start winning and people get amazed like they should know better.

ewing
03-09-2015, 10:39 PM
Why does Blake have to be injured for that to happen?

he is forced into a more aggressive role when things get tight without him, sometimes these things have sticking power even after the injured player returns.

lol, please
03-13-2015, 01:04 AM
Entire east are pretenders. Dark horse in the east is MIA. Houston pretenders out west as usual. Portland dark horse even though I can't believe people are still sleeping on them. Matthews gone hurts but isn't a deal breaker especially if Batum keeps stepping his game up,,,
:clap:

TylerSL
03-13-2015, 04:31 AM
East
Contenders-The main contenders are obviously Atlanta and Cleveland. Sure the Hawks haven't proven anything yet but the fact that they are tied 1st in assists, 2nd in eFG%, 6th in offensive efficiency, and tied 7th in defense efficiency gives them the benefit of the doubt IMHO. Cleveland has Lebron, in the Eastern Conference that alone gives you a chance. They also happen to have Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love so they are legitimate NBA Championship contenders.

Pretenders-To me the absolute pretenders in the Eastern Conference are Toronto, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Boston, and Brooklyn . I listed all teams that are contending for the postseason which is why teams like Hornets, Celtics, and Nets are listed. Even though technically they have a chance, the Celtics and Nets are going on vacation earlier than they would like. I think Hornets will just miss out too.

Of the 2 postseason teams I have as pretenders: Milwaukee is just 3-8 in their last 11 games and they are 22nd in rebounds, 23rd in offensive efficiency, and 29th in turnovers. The oldest player on their team that actually plays is 30. And Toronto, like Milwaukee, is 3-8 in their last 11 and they are 22nd in defensive efficiency, 21st in rebounding, and 23rd in assists. Toronto doesn't have a player who is even 30 who plays significant minutes.

Dark Horses-I think the dark horses in the East are Chicago, Washington, Indiana, and Miami. Nobody expects the Bulls to do anything because of Rose, but I don't believe for a second that his season is over. I'm betting on a return. You give me Derrick Rose, this Pau Gasol, and a healthy Noah to go along with that underrated supporting cast in the postseason and I like my odds. Washington is just a really good team. They score in bunches as all 5 starters average at least 11 points, and they defend as they are 4th in defensive efficiency. They also rebound well (4th), and move the ball offensively (4th in assists).

Indiana has set themselves up well to make the postseason. I'm not 100% Paul George will make a return this year, I think it's closer to 65-35, but if he does they will be a team nobody wants to face in the postseason. George would provide the scoring they do not have right now and they are a top tier defensive team still (6th in defensive efficiency). As for Miami, they just have to have everybody healthy. They have to have Wade, Whiteside, Dragic, and Deng all be on the court TOGETHER in the key points in the game. If we cannot avoid injury (Wade, Dragic, Deng) and suspension (Whiteside) we may not even make it, we HAVE to everybody who can play. If they stay healthy then they can, and I truly believe will, shock a lot of people this April/May.

West
Contenders-The contenders in the Western Conference are Golden State, Memphis, Houston, and San Antonio. Golden State will have home court advantage throughout and they are the best home team in basketball. Golden State has the best offense in basketball, 1st in pace, tied 1st in assists, 1st in eFG%, 1st in TS%, and 2nd in offensive efficiency. They also happen to be first in defensive efficiency. If they were in the East they would basically be locks to make the Finals. I dont care about Cleveland and Atlanta, the Warriors have been the best team in baskeball this year. But this is the wild wild west so anything can happen.

Memphis, while still good, hasn't been as good defensively as they have in the past but their scoring has much improved over the last couple years. That balance is better and that makes them a better team IMO. Memphis is one of the best teams at not turning the ball over, 6th in turnovers, and 9th in assists. They still have that tough, grind it out mentality and this is the year they could finally break through. Houston has been doing what it's doing without Dwight Howard. James Harden is a legit MVP candidate and if Howard can get healthy, that duo can go far. San Antonio is just San Antonio. The Spurs are coming, they had won 6 in a row before losing tonight and I believe they will have HCA in the first round before the season ends. The Spurs are 8th in both offensive and defensive efficiency, 7th in TS%, 6th in eFG%, and 5th in assists. It's just dumb to ever count these guys out, they are the reigning, defending, NBA Champions as well the 2x defending Western Conference Champions, and have gone to 3 consecutive Western Conference Finals.

Pretenders-The Pretenders are Portland, Los Angeles Clippers, Dallas, New Orleans, and Phoenix. Portland is a really really good team and would be contenders in the East but they are in the West, simply too many really good, better teams. The Clippers are kind of in the same boat as Portland, but they are worse than the Blazers. Consistency has been an issue for them all year and it will kill them against the Western elite. The Mavericks holes are starting to show as they've lost 5 of their last 7 and they just have too many questions to win IMO. Is Rondo an elite PG? Is Monta Ellis a true #1? Can Dirk do it again? The Pelicans and Suns will miss the playoffs and Anthony Davis needs some help as he will be an MVP candidate in 15-16 IMO.

Dark Horse-The only dark horse in the Western Conference is the Oklahoma City Thunder. This team can either lose in the first round or win the NBA Championship. Westbrook and Durant can carry this team to the Western Conference Finals by themselves and Russell Westbrook should be league MVP. This team can literally do anything once the postseason begins.

All in all, the 2015 NBA Playoffs are going to be supremely entertaining and I can't wait.

phantasyyy
03-13-2015, 12:23 PM

Miami?

Vee-Rex
03-13-2015, 12:33 PM
Great post, Tyler.

If the East was healthy I think you'd see teams like Miami and Indiana taking the place of teams like Toronto and Washington. Hawks, Cavs, Pacers, Bulls, and Heat would make some noise and win games against the West. Heat especially if their starting five of Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Whiteside had a year to gel and build chemistry.

cmellofan15
03-13-2015, 12:41 PM
I don't understand all of the miami love... Bosh isn't playing. and even aside from losing their best player they've had 5 wins against teams above .500.

indiana on then other hand has been on a roll lately, I think they could be problematic for Cleveland or Chicago in the first round.

Vee-Rex
03-13-2015, 12:45 PM
I don't understand all of the miami love... Bosh isn't playing. and even aside from losing their best player they've had 5 wins against teams above .500.

indiana on then other hand has been on a roll lately, I think they could be problematic for Cleveland or Chicago in the first round.

I'm hoping we don't play Indiana in the first round lol

Cal827
03-13-2015, 12:55 PM
Great post, Tyler.

If the East was healthy I think you'd see teams like Miami and Indiana taking the place of teams like Toronto and Washington. Hawks, Cavs, Pacers, Bulls, and Heat would make some noise and win games against the West. Heat especially if their starting five of Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Whiteside had a year to gel and build chemistry.

How dare you take a shot at the Raptors Rex :laugh2:

Side note for the others, why do you guys call the Raptors a pretender, yet the Wizards are a dark horse. Is it cause of John Wall? I know Tyler brought up the team play/defense, but I'm just skeptical as a lot of their numbers might be a little inflated against the bad teams. If I recall correctly, they are something like 10-20 or 11-20 vs teams above .500 While being like 24-8 vs the teams under. If they end up as the 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th seed, They'll probably play a team that's above .500 in either Toronto, Milwaukee, or Chicago (Cleveland is probably the 2 seed).

Also, as a Raptors fan, I remember last season where our defense was in the top 10, as well as our offense/passing, but we were bumped out in the first round :laugh2:

I think that both teams are pretenders and at this point, I can see fans of both teams hoping to play the other in the first round, as it might be their best chance to move on :laugh2:

JustinTime
03-13-2015, 01:04 PM
I actually think the Hawks are pretenders. They got no big man and will get punished down low in the playoffs.

TylerSL
03-13-2015, 04:52 PM
How dare you take a shot at the Raptors Rex :laugh2:

Side note for the others, why do you guys call the Raptors a pretender, yet the Wizards are a dark horse. Is it cause of John Wall? I know Tyler brought up the team play/defense, but I'm just skeptical as a lot of their numbers might be a little inflated against the bad teams. If I recall correctly, they are something like 10-20 or 11-20 vs teams above .500 While being like 24-8 vs the teams under. If they end up as the 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th seed, They'll probably play a team that's above .500 in either Toronto, Milwaukee, or Chicago (Cleveland is probably the 2 seed).

Also, as a Raptors fan, I remember last season where our defense was in the top 10, as well as our offense/passing, but we were bumped out in the first round :laugh2:

I think that both teams are pretenders and at this point, I can see fans of both teams hoping to play the other in the first round, as it might be their best chance to move on :laugh2:

I actually originally had the Wizards as pretenders too but decided at the last second to make them dark horses because of the fact that, statistically at least, they rebound well, defend well, and they do not have any problem scoring. That's a winning formula and was enough for me to pick them as dark horses. I think they will be 4 or 5 in the playoffs. However wouldn't pick them to make it past Round 2 if push come to shove. I dont see them as THAT much better than Toronto.

If I was a Raptor fan I would be pulling for a first round series with either the Wizards or Bucks. With home court, the Raptors may even win.

Miltstar
03-13-2015, 04:56 PM
I think the Cavs walk away with the East pretty easily if they can stay healthy... Pacers could be a threat if Paul George comes back as the same player. Raptors don't even look like a playoff team right now and the Bulls are crippled. I may just be stupid but I don't buy what the Hawks are selling, they are a good team but I don't think they could stand up to the Cavs in 7 games

I don't know as much about the West, but I really hope the Thunder make the playoffs

HoopsDrive
03-13-2015, 05:43 PM
As a Raptors fan, I'd rather face the Wiz than the Bucks in the 1st round series. Chicago is a great pick for dark horse in the east.

Cal827
03-13-2015, 06:53 PM
I actually originally had the Wizards as pretenders too but decided at the last second to make them dark horses because of the fact that, statistically at least, they rebound well, defend well, and they do not have any problem scoring. That's a winning formula and was enough for me to pick them as dark horses. I think they will be 4 or 5 in the playoffs. However wouldn't pick them to make it past Round 2 if push come to shove. I dont see them as THAT much better than Toronto.

If I was a Raptor fan I would be pulling for a first round series with either the Wizards or Bucks. With home court, the Raptors may even win.

Didn't help us last season :laugh2:

But then again, fans of both teams knew that that would be as far as the Raptors or Nets would've gone, since the next team were your Heat. The series was referred to between me and some Net/Raptor fans the "Who's gonna get violated by Miami next"... This year it would probably be the same, except for it would probably be Atlanta over Miami.

Bruno
03-13-2015, 08:37 PM
I hate to break it to everyone, but Atlanta will be lucky to win six games against Cleveland. the east is, and continues to be pathetic. i can't wait until top 16 gets access to the playoffs. remember when the heat got to play a sub .500 bucks team in the first round? that stuff matters, it adds up

Tony_Starks
03-13-2015, 10:43 PM
I hate to break it to everyone, but Atlanta will be lucky to win six games against Cleveland. the east is, and continues to be pathetic. i can't wait until top 16 gets access to the playoffs. remember when the heat got to play a sub .500 bucks team in the first round? that stuff matters, it adds up

Nah man Atlanta is like the anti- Cleveland, their ball movement alone will keep them competitive. Their crowd is now also far from the "bad fan" narrative that has been pushed for years. Facing them with HCA is not going to a small task, especially with Kevin Love getting abused by Al and Millsap on D an contributing little on offense....

Chronz
03-13-2015, 11:28 PM
I take back all the **** I've ever talked about Atlantis

My question is this, at what point do you just outright waive Rondo if you're the Mavs

TylerSL
03-13-2015, 11:49 PM
Didn't help us last season :laugh2:

But then again, fans of both teams knew that that would be as far as the Raptors or Nets would've gone, since the next team were your Heat. The series was referred to between me and some Net/Raptor fans the "Who's gonna get violated by Miami next"... This year it would probably be the same, except for it would probably be Atlanta over Miami.

I hear ya, but still the second round is something. Heat may miss the postseason, still disappointed in Lebron about that one..... lol

Crackadalic
03-13-2015, 11:52 PM
Once the bulls get Butler/Gibson and even 50% D rose their the dark horse of the east

Saddletramp
03-14-2015, 04:15 AM

Well, all they have to technically win is four......

Goose17
03-14-2015, 06:00 AM
I hate to break it to everyone, but Atlanta will be lucky to win six games against Cleveland.

Has the conference finals changed to an 11 game series or something?

Anyway, I stand by what I've been saying. Atlantas ball movement will kill Cleveland. They can't defend it consistently through a seven game series, they don't have the talent to do so (defensively).

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-14-2015, 09:35 AM
East
Contenders-The main contenders are obviously Atlanta and Cleveland. Sure the Hawks haven't proven anything yet but the fact that they are tied 1st in assists, 2nd in eFG%, 6th in offensive efficiency, and tied 7th in defense efficiency gives them the benefit of the doubt IMHO. Cleveland has Lebron, in the Eastern Conference that alone gives you a chance. They also happen to have Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love so they are legitimate NBA Championship contenders.

Pretenders-To me the absolute pretenders in the Eastern Conference are Toronto, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Boston, and Brooklyn . I listed all teams that are contending for the postseason which is why teams like Hornets, Celtics, and Nets are listed. Even though technically they have a chance, the Celtics and Nets are going on vacation earlier than they would like. I think Hornets will just miss out too.

Of the 2 postseason teams I have as pretenders: Milwaukee is just 3-8 in their last 11 games and they are 22nd in rebounds, 23rd in offensive efficiency, and 29th in turnovers. The oldest player on their team that actually plays is 30. And Toronto, like Milwaukee, is 3-8 in their last 11 and they are 22nd in defensive efficiency, 21st in rebounding, and 23rd in assists. Toronto doesn't have a player who is even 30 who plays significant minutes.

Dark Horses-I think the dark horses in the East are Chicago, Washington, Indiana, and Miami. Nobody expects the Bulls to do anything because of Rose, but I don't believe for a second that his season is over. I'm betting on a return. You give me Derrick Rose, this Pau Gasol, and a healthy Noah to go along with that underrated supporting cast in the postseason and I like my odds. Washington is just a really good team. They score in bunches as all 5 starters average at least 11 points, and they defend as they are 4th in defensive efficiency. They also rebound well (4th), and move the ball offensively (4th in assists).

Indiana has set themselves up well to make the postseason. I'm not 100% Paul George will make a return this year, I think it's closer to 65-35, but if he does they will be a team nobody wants to face in the postseason. George would provide the scoring they do not have right now and they are a top tier defensive team still (6th in defensive efficiency). As for Miami, they just have to have everybody healthy. They have to have Wade, Whiteside, Dragic, and Deng all be on the court TOGETHER in the key points in the game. If we cannot avoid injury (Wade, Dragic, Deng) and suspension (Whiteside) we may not even make it, we HAVE to everybody who can play. If they stay healthy then they can, and I truly believe will, shock a lot of people this April/May.

West
Contenders-The contenders in the Western Conference are Golden State, Memphis, Houston, and San Antonio. Golden State will have home court advantage throughout and they are the best home team in basketball. Golden State has the best offense in basketball, 1st in pace, tied 1st in assists, 1st in eFG%, 1st in TS%, and 2nd in offensive efficiency. They also happen to be first in defensive efficiency. If they were in the East they would basically be locks to make the Finals. I dont care about Cleveland and Atlanta, the Warriors have been the best team in baskeball this year. But this is the wild wild west so anything can happen.

Memphis, while still good, hasn't been as good defensively as they have in the past but their scoring has much improved over the last couple years. That balance is better and that makes them a better team IMO. Memphis is one of the best teams at not turning the ball over, 6th in turnovers, and 9th in assists. They still have that tough, grind it out mentality and this is the year they could finally break through. Houston has been doing what it's doing without Dwight Howard. James Harden is a legit MVP candidate and if Howard can get healthy, that duo can go far. San Antonio is just San Antonio. The Spurs are coming, they had won 6 in a row before losing tonight and I believe they will have HCA in the first round before the season ends. The Spurs are 8th in both offensive and defensive efficiency, 7th in TS%, 6th in eFG%, and 5th in assists. It's just dumb to ever count these guys out, they are the reigning, defending, NBA Champions as well the 2x defending Western Conference Champions, and have gone to 3 consecutive Western Conference Finals.

Pretenders-The Pretenders are Portland, Los Angeles Clippers, Dallas, New Orleans, and Phoenix. Portland is a really really good team and would be contenders in the East but they are in the West, simply too many really good, better teams. The Clippers are kind of in the same boat as Portland, but they are worse than the Blazers. Consistency has been an issue for them all year and it will kill them against the Western elite. The Mavericks holes are starting to show as they've lost 5 of their last 7 and they just have too many questions to win IMO. Is Rondo an elite PG? Is Monta Ellis a true #1? Can Dirk do it again? The Pelicans and Suns will miss the playoffs and Anthony Davis needs some help as he will be an MVP candidate in 15-16 IMO.

Dark Horse-The only dark horse in the Western Conference is the Oklahoma City Thunder. This team can either lose in the first round or win the NBA Championship. Westbrook and Durant can carry this team to the Western Conference Finals by themselves and Russell Westbrook should be league MVP. This team can literally do anything once the postseason begins.

All in all, the 2015 NBA Playoffs are going to be supremely entertaining and I can't wait.

Don't mind ya throwing my Bucks under the bus. They been putrid since All Star break. But factor in we had injuries to Mayo and Dudley. Dudley been pretty much our MVP this year. Also factor the trade deadline trade of Knight of course were gonna take a few steps back and regress losing a 20 point scorer from the line up. Besides MCW was injured when we got him. He missed a few games. Yet you say Miami is a darkhorse yet today their not even in the playoffs. Yeah Miami be playoffs with a healthy Bosh. But that isn't the case. Dragic trade was all for nothing this season.

Vee-Rex
03-14-2015, 01:36 PM
Cavs haven't lost a home game since their trades and LBJ's return. Every lost since then has been tough road games, all of which we were missing one of our big three (except for the Atlanta loss).

We luckily won that one against the Spurs, but it was still a win. I don't think any other team in the league would've won that in San Antonio that night. Was a playoff atmosphere and the Spurs are scarily looking like one of if not the best team in the league with the way they've been playing lately.

When the Hawks are on, they're on. They can beat anyone. Their problem is they aren't consistent and steadily lose to weak teams here and there, at home or on the road. They'll play amazing, then a few games later put up like 80 points at home. Consistency is how teams make deep runs in the playoffs, year after year.

FlashBolt
03-14-2015, 03:44 PM
I'm still appalled by the fact that some people here think Cavs are second round exits. Do you guys know who LeBron James is? That's seriously insulting to declare them second round exits when you have the greatest player in the game who btw, went to four straight finals. The Wizards can beat them? Because Pierce can stop Bron? Toronto? Give me a break. Hawks are their biggest challenge in the East and if it comes down to the West, Memphis/Spurs/OKC will give them the toughest challenge. That's all there is to it.

kobe4thewinbang
03-14-2015, 04:54 PM
LeBron James SAVED again! He quits on Miami and walks into yet another younger fresher SUPER team stacked with Irving, Love, J.R. Smiff, Shum'Shump', Mad Dog Perkins, Marion, Mike Miller, Thompson, and other quality role players, and now Chris Bosh goes out for the season right after Miami got Goran Dragic (Miami was poised to make a run at that point), and now Rose goes out for the season too, after Pistons and Raptors lose a key player as well...LeBlessedMeSideways James! Another cupcake ride to the finals for LeBron's all-star team.

Vee-Rex
03-14-2015, 04:57 PM
LeBron James SAVED again! He quits on Miami and walks into yet another younger fresher SUPER team stacked with Irving, Love, J.R. Smiff, Shum'Shump', Mad Dog Perkins, Marion, Mike Miller, Thompson, and other quality role players, and now Chris Bosh goes out for the season right after Miami got Goran Dragic (Miami was poised to make a run at that point), and now Rose goes out for the season too, after Pistons and Raptors lose a key player as well...LeBlessedMeSideways James! Another cupcake ride to the finals for LeBron's all-star team.

idk, word out on the street is the hawks will rip them to shreds!!!!1

Goose17
03-14-2015, 05:09 PM
idk, word out on the street is the hawks will rip them to shreds!!!!1

Fo sheezy

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-15-2015, 07:33 AM
Please just let the Spurs repeat. I'll gladly watch them go 20-62 for the next 10 years, just one B2b please

lol, please
03-15-2015, 01:29 PM
Please just let the Spurs repeat. I'll gladly watch them go 20-62 for the next 10 years, just one B2b please
Warriors will have none of that. This is our year! :box:

kdspurman
03-15-2015, 03:34 PM
I actually think the Hawks are pretenders. They got no big man and will get punished down low in the playoffs.

Horford is no slouch, but what big men out east do you see this happening by?

Sactown
03-16-2015, 12:29 PM

Really bro you're going to write super team and follow it with J.R Smith , Shumpert , Perkins, Marion and Miller... A little bit of a stretch ....

SPURSFAN1
03-16-2015, 04:00 PM
Warriors will have none of that. This is our year! :box:

Spurs about to 4-1 the warriors this year.

Vee-Rex
03-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Spurs about to 4-1 the warriors this year.

Hey guy. Is George Hill still better than Kyrie Irving after Thursday night?

Tony_Starks
03-16-2015, 08:58 PM

Really bro you're going to write super team and follow it with J.R Smith , Shumpert , Perkins, Marion and Miller... A little bit of a stretch ....

To be fair Smith and Shump have been ballin since they left the dumpster fire. We know what Miller is there for, knocking 3s in the playoffs. The combo of Mozgov and Perk at Center is beyond serviceable.

Add to that Kyrie Irving dropping 50 plus on people and yes it is a stacked team. AND I'm not even mentioning the PF they're renting for the year....

SPURSFAN1
03-16-2015, 11:04 PM

2014-15 Real Plus-Minus - Point Guards
RK NAME TEAM GP MPG ORPM DRPM RPM WAR
1 Stephen Curry GS 63 33.0 6.85 1.70 8.55 14.52
2 Russell Westbrook OKC 51 33.6 7.05 -0.45 6.60 9.30
3 Chris Paul LAC 67 34.9 6.09 0.38 6.47 12.22
4 Damian Lillard POR 64 36.1 4.95 0.87 5.82 11.23
5 John Wall WSH 66 35.5 2.89 2.10 4.99 10.19
6 Kyrie Irving CLE 63 37.2 4.75 -0.68 4.07 8.85
7 Kyle Lowry TOR 63 34.9 3.36 0.69 4.05 8.28
8 Eric Bledsoe PHX 67 34.4 2.07 1.38 3.45 8.01
9 Jeff Teague ATL 60 31.0 1.73 1.60 3.33 6.33
10 George Hill IND 26 26.1 3.27 -0.17 3.10 1.98

One is playing next to lebron and the other is missing his superstar. Kyrie is having a bit more impactful year than hill this year. Hill is having a good year. The difference is one will be payed max money and the other won't. Also one has tons more playoff experience while the other doesn't. I'd rather have hill for playoff basketball or championship run. More experience and better cap flexibility. Losing to the heat. lol

Cal827
03-16-2015, 11:22 PM

**** that, Raymond Felton still better than Kyrie Irving tho :laugh:

Vee-Rex
03-17-2015, 09:39 AM
2014-15 Real Plus-Minus - Point Guards
RK NAME TEAM GP MPG ORPM DRPM RPM WAR
1 Stephen Curry GS 63 33.0 6.85 1.70 8.55 14.52
2 Russell Westbrook OKC 51 33.6 7.05 -0.45 6.60 9.30
3 Chris Paul LAC 67 34.9 6.09 0.38 6.47 12.22
4 Damian Lillard POR 64 36.1 4.95 0.87 5.82 11.23
5 John Wall WSH 66 35.5 2.89 2.10 4.99 10.19
6 Kyrie Irving CLE 63 37.2 4.75 -0.68 4.07 8.85
7 Kyle Lowry TOR 63 34.9 3.36 0.69 4.05 8.28
8 Eric Bledsoe PHX 67 34.4 2.07 1.38 3.45 8.01
9 Jeff Teague ATL 60 31.0 1.73 1.60 3.33 6.33
10 George Hill IND 26 26.1 3.27 -0.17 3.10 1.98

One is playing next to lebron and the other is missing his superstar. Kyrie is having a bit more impactful year than hill this year. Hill is having a good year. The difference is one will be payed max money and the other won't. Also one has tons more playoff experience while the other doesn't. I'd rather have hill for playoff basketball or championship run. More experience and better cap flexibility. Losing to the heat. lol

:laugh:

Vee-Rex
03-17-2015, 09:39 AM
**** that, Raymond Felton still better than Kyrie Irving tho :laugh:

lol fa sho, Felton is the ****