PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference Playoff Predictions

TylerSL
03-06-2015, 05:15 PM
The East is top heavy but their are some interesting teams at the bottom of the playoff picture in Miami (emergence of Whiteside/Dragic trade), Charlotte (16-9 in last 25 games), and Indiana (9-2 in last 11 games). I'm not saying these teams will go anywhere in the playoffs or that even all of them make the playoffs as these are 3 of the 5 teams fighting for the final 2 spots. But whichever of these teams do make the playoffs, they could be tougher outs than people think. Here is my prediction on the seeding/first round match-ups for the Eastern Conference.

1. Atlanta 64-18
2. Cleveland 54-28
3. Chicago 52-30
4. Toronto 50-32
5. Washington 46-36
6. Miami 42-40
7. Milwaukee 41-41
8. Charlotte 39-43

That would give us a first round of Hawks/Hornets, Cavaliers/Bucks, Bulls/Heat, and Raptors/Wizards. Not going to predict who would win because we've still got the rest of the season to get through, but barring injury this is how I see the East ending up. Discuss either what you think of this prediction or make your own.

HeatFan
03-06-2015, 06:27 PM
I initially had CHI in the finals when the season began, even without seeing knowing how good Butler would develop. Right now, I think Cleveland ends up playing Toronto in the conference finals and winning. If somehow Rose comes back during the playoffs and can play injury free at 75% of his capacity, I might stick to my initial thoughts.

SPURSFAN1
03-06-2015, 06:51 PM
I initially had CHI in the finals when the season began, even without seeing knowing how good Butler would develop. Right now, I think Cleveland ends up playing Toronto in the conference finals and winning. If somehow Rose comes back during the playoffs and can play injury free at 75% of his capacity, I might stick to my initial thoughts.

No mention of the hawks. Hawks are way superior to the cavs and raps.

TylerSL
03-06-2015, 07:15 PM

Idk, the Atlanta Hawks are really good and there really is no reason not to expect them to continue to win in the postseason. I'm not saying they are going to the Finals but I would be shocked if they didn't make the conference finals. They are 5th in defensive efficiency, 6th in offense efficiency, 2nd in assists, and 2nd in TS%.

Combine that with both Toronto (lost 6 of last 7) and Washington (3-12 in last 15 games) badly struggling recently. I know there is still time before the playoffs but these teams have some holes IMO.

SPURSFAN1
03-06-2015, 07:18 PM
Idk, the Atlanta Hawks are really good and there is not reason not to expect them to continue to win in the postseason. I'm not saying they are going to the Finals but I would be shocked if they didn't make the conference finals. They are 5th in defensive efficiency, 6th in offense efficiency, 2nd in assists, and 2nd in TS%.

Combine that with both Toronto (lost 6 of last 7) and Washington (3-12 in last 15 games) badly struggling recently. I know there is still time before the playoffs but these teams have some holes IMO.

:cheers:

IKnowHoops
03-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Cavs over ATL in the Eastern Conf finals.

Your seeding/record predictions look about right. I like the order anyway.

dalton749
03-06-2015, 07:50 PM
Atlanta
Cleveland
Chicago
Toronto
Washington
Miami
Milwaukee
Indiana /Charlotte will be close depending on how soon PG comes back

as a raps fan,i hope they come fourth
washington 1st round, atl/indy second round are all teams they usually get the best of

Cal827
03-06-2015, 11:50 PM
As a Raptor fan who just read someone predict that the team would get to the ECF... :laugh2:

I'm happy if we get to the second round lol, we've been exposed so badly, and the bottom seeds are match-up problems, or we struggled with in our history like Charlotte or Miami.

I hope that of all teams, we get Washington, probably be the best chance to win, as their coach is as turrible as ours :laugh:

If I had to pick, I'm gonna say Atlanta-Cleveland ECF.... and I'll say that Cleveland JUST breaks by them due to Lebron being psycho Lebron lol

bucketss
03-06-2015, 11:58 PM
LOL raptors been playing so bad, i feel comfortable against Washington but miami,charlotte,has a huge chance to upset.

goingfor28
03-07-2015, 12:03 AM
I think Charlotte and Indiana get the last 2 spots, assuming Paul George comes back sometime soon with enough time to make a mini late season run

RaginRondo17
03-07-2015, 08:04 AM
Celtics have been playing well of late, I'd hate to see it, but I could see them grabbing the 8 seed in the East.

diu9leilomo
03-07-2015, 01:55 PM
with the way raps are playing right now , they are not going beyond 1st round.

HeatFan
03-07-2015, 02:30 PM

No disrespect to the Hawks but just something that I still have to see to believe. They could very well advance and just last night had a good game against the Cavs. But the LBJ, Wade, Bosh Miami teams would always enter a series against Indiana, Chicago, Boston, etc. and even though you felt they were going to get upset because the other team either beat them in the regular season bad or had them against the wall in the series, the experience of star players came through. That is kind of what I feel will happen with the Hawks. Very good regular season team but when time comes a CHI or CLE team would probably end up winning. I give the Raptors a chance because they had a disappointing playoff last year, so they get points in the experience Department.

SPURSFAN1
03-07-2015, 02:41 PM
No disrespect to the Hawks but just something that I still have to see to believe. They could very well advance and just last night had a good game against the Cavs. But the LBJ, Wade, Bosh Miami teams would always enter a series against Indiana, Chicago, Boston, etc. and even though you felt they were going to get upset because the other team either beat them in the regular season bad or had them against the wall in the series, the experience of star players came through. That is kind of what I feel will happen with the Hawks. Very good regular season team but when time comes a CHI or CLE team would probably end up winning. I give the Raptors a chance because they had a disappointing playoff last year, so they get points in the experience Department.

2 of the big three have zero playoff experience and the coach too. The cavs are not the heat in terms of experience. Your logic is flawed.

HeatFan
03-07-2015, 03:26 PM
2 of the big three have zero playoff experience and the coach too. The cavs are not the heat in terms of experience. Your logic is flawed.

Wouldn't call it logic, just a guess based on my gut feeling (non-statistical either). You have very valid points as well.

Sanjay
03-08-2015, 08:07 PM
The East is top heavy but their are some interesting teams at the bottom of the playoff picture in Miami (emergence of Whiteside/Dragic trade), Charlotte (16-9 in last 25 games), and Indiana (9-2 in last 11 games). I'm not saying these teams will go anywhere in the playoffs or that even all of them make the playoffs as these are 3 of the 5 teams fighting for the final 2 spots. But whichever of these teams do make the playoffs, they could be tougher outs than people think. Here is my prediction on the seeding/first round match-ups for the Eastern Conference.

1. Atlanta 64-18
2. Cleveland 54-28
3. Chicago 52-30
4. Toronto 50-32
5. Washington 46-36
6. Miami 42-40
7. Milwaukee 41-41
8. Charlotte 39-43

That would give us a first round of Hawks/Hornets, Cavaliers/Bucks, Bulls/Heat, and Raptors/Wizards. Not going to predict who would win because we've still got the rest of the season to get through, but barring injury this is how I see the East ending up. Discuss either what you think of this prediction or make your own.

I've got the same as you except I have the Pacers sneaking in over the Hornets. Regarding playoff matchups, I think Indiana could give the Hawks a fright (the Pacers have got experience and I have to see Atlanta in the playoffs first), the Cavs should not have too many problems against the Bucks, the Heat could potentially beat the Bulls (depending on what Rose is like), Raptors v Wizards will be a great series going to seven (if Washington get back to how they were playing earlier it is a flip of a coin). Overall, I still have the Cavs beating the Bulls in the Conference Finals, but the Hawks could possibly win depending upon how they play in the playoffs. Even though there is still 20+ games left would like to hear your thoughts.

Vampirate
03-09-2015, 10:26 AM

Raptor fans are pretty much disagreeing with you on Toronto getting that far lol.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Hope my Bucks are 5th seed. They match up well with Raptors and Wizards. We beat Hawks once and made a close game till meltdown in 4th quarter in last meeting. Don't wanna meet Cavs first round at all since they retooled.

prodigy
03-10-2015, 04:41 AM

Hawks did lose to Cavs by 40... Its regular season though. ill take Lebron and Irving in playoffs over a 3pt shooting team any day.

tredigs
03-10-2015, 05:21 AM
Hawks did lose to Cavs by 40... Its regular season though. ill take Lebron and Irving in playoffs over a 3pt shooting team any day.
Closer to 30... ironically by shooting a ton of threes and making them at an almost impossible rate. Then the Hawks came back and beat you guys up the final 3 times, right?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-11-2015, 04:27 PM

1. Atlanta 64-18
2. Cleveland 54-28
3. Chicago 52-30
4. Toronto 50-32
5. Washington 46-36
6. Miami 42-40
7. Milwaukee 41-41
8. Charlotte 39-43

With Bosh out for the year doubt Miami makes the playoffs. Even with the addition of Dragic. Even with the Bucks offense stumbling around since the Knight trade doubt Miami has enough to leap frog the Bucks. Already got Pacers and Hornets at 7-8 seeds. Also Miami has Nets and Celtics looking over your shoulder. Doubt Miami makes it in. I said that last month way before Bosh went down with blood clots. After LeBron left Miami should of torn it down. Time for a rebuild. Wade has way to many miles on him. Bosh cant carry the entire load even if he comes back healthy next year. Dragic/Whiteside are a nice addition. But was to little to late.