PDA

View Full Version : Brook or Robin? Pick a Lopez

Laker Legend42
03-06-2015, 02:28 AM
I gotta go with robin. He does more things to help his team win. Every team could use a guy who can get it done and could care less if he gets the ball.

Cal827
03-06-2015, 02:31 AM
Robin. A healthy Brook would be fantastic offensively, but I would prefer the defensive/hustler who I know will be on the court most of the time.

It's like each twin got the attributes to work on only one side of basketball court :laugh2:

FlashBolt
03-06-2015, 02:31 AM
Robin. Energetic, tough, smart, efficient, and does his job well.

Laker Legend42
03-06-2015, 02:35 AM
Robin. A healthy Brook would be fantastic offensively, but I would prefer the defensive/hustler who I know will be on the court most of the time.

It's like each twin got the attributes to work on only one side of basketball court :laugh2:Haha very true.

goingfor28
03-06-2015, 02:36 AM
Sideshow Bob

J_M_B
03-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Definitely Robin

Who would've thought that 5 or 6 years ago lol

Goose17
03-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Robin. It's not really that close imo.

Shady66
03-06-2015, 03:41 PM
Definitely Robin

Yeah pretty crazy lol

nycericanguy
03-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Definitely Robin

It's all perception... and the whole "what have you done for me lately".

Robin is not a better player than Brook, but he's on a better team in a better role/situation.

Robin had his fair of injuries as well.

I think Brook is better offensively than Robin is defensively if that makes sense. There are few centers that can score like Brook, but many more centers than can do what Robin does.

MrfadeawayJB
03-07-2015, 12:50 AM
After a year or two in the league I would have taken brook, but robin is the superior player now.

IndyRealist
03-07-2015, 01:17 AM
It's all perception... and the whole "what have you done for me lately".

Robin is not a better player than Brook, but he's on a better team in a better role/situation.

Robin had his fair of injuries as well.

I think Brook is better offensively than Robin is defensively if that makes sense. There are few centers that can score like Brook, but many more centers than can do what Robin does.

Robin is also substantially cheaper than Brook. You could use those savings on a stud SF. At least, that's what I'd do if I was building. You have to find value players somewhere, can't max out all 5 starters.

Tony_Starks
03-07-2015, 01:18 AM
For those saying Robin imagine if Portland could swap him out for Brook? They'd do it in a heartbeat and probably have the best record in the league.

Sideshow Bob is a great role player that sticks to the script but his brother is just way more skilled...

tp13baby
03-07-2015, 01:18 AM
Robin is also substantially cheaper than Brook. You could use those savings on a stud SF. At least, that's what I'd do if I was building. You have to find value players somewhere, can't max out all 5 starters.

That will change. He is going to get paid.

ichitownclowni
03-07-2015, 01:30 AM
Robin

eibbor
03-07-2015, 01:33 AM
The obvious answer is, even if you could combine them together... Neither. Why waste money on an role player with an injury waiting to happen?

jerellh528
03-07-2015, 02:33 AM
I'm honestly not a fan of either player

SF8
03-07-2015, 05:15 AM
Here's the better question, which Morris would you pick, Markieff or Marcus?

bleedprple&gold
03-07-2015, 05:44 AM
It depends. Are we assuming Brook is going to stay healthy? Also, it depends on the other players. If I have a guy like Ibaka on my team to play D and rebound I would take Brook. If I have a guy like Love who can score but can't play D I would take Robin.

meloman1592
03-07-2015, 10:25 AM
They're in diff situations. Put Robin on a bad team and he won't look nearly as good

nycericanguy
03-07-2015, 11:16 AM

wasn't really factoring $... but like others said Robin is going to get paid big this summer.

I just think its funny how people's perception of a player change when the players situation/role changes, even if the player himself hasn't changed.

Monta Ellis for instance, his game hasn't really changed, he's still a guy that needs 17 shots to score 19 points, still can't shoot 3's... but now because he went to a good team/situation people look at him more favorably.

IndyRealist
03-07-2015, 02:36 PM
wasn't really factoring $... but like others said Robin is going to get paid big this summer.

I just think its funny how people's perception of a player change when the players situation/role changes, even if the player himself hasn't changed.

Monta Ellis for instance, his game hasn't really changed, he's still a guy that needs 17 shots to score 19 points, still can't shoot 3's... but now because he went to a good team/situation people look at him more favorably.

I don't, but some people do.

Mell413
03-07-2015, 02:40 PM
Probably depends on the make up of the team but I'm leaning towards Robin.