PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals Predictions

RocketLoc80
03-06-2015, 12:59 AM
Ok gut feeling from everybody who plays in June and why?

RocketLoc80
03-06-2015, 01:00 AM
Upping

Cal827
03-06-2015, 01:02 AM
Bucks-Oilers

Cal827
03-06-2015, 01:02 AM
or

Cavs-Grizzlies

RocketLoc80
03-06-2015, 01:06 AM
Still thnk Cavs can get to the finalswithout hca against the Bulls?

Cal827
03-06-2015, 01:11 AM
Yup. Lebron has done it before. I remember a while back when he somehow powered a much weaker Cavs team into the finals, beating the beast of the East for so many seasons in the Pistons. He's also beaten the Bulls before. I think he could quite possibly win it again.

Chicago might have Butler now, but that's not a position of strength anyways for them. Now, his team has a guy who will directly Challenge Rose (who may be very rusty come playoff time). It'll come down to what happens between Love/Gasol.

Ditto on Atlanta. They play great team ball, and they might have a better shot at knocking Cleveland out.

Toronto/Washington at this point aren't serious threats. Well, as long as Derozan plays to his favorite style: Shooting the ball when there's someone draped on him, and not thinking of passing to the obviously open center ,and as long as the Wizards don't wake up and end up with Cleveland in the first round :laugh2:

nickdymez
03-06-2015, 01:34 AM
Yup. Lebron has done it before. I remember a while back when he somehow powered a much weaker Cavs team into the finals, beating the beast of the East for so many seasons in the Pistons. He's also beaten the Bulls before. I think he could quite possibly win it again.

Chicago might have Butler now, but that's not a position of strength anyways for them. Now, his team has a guy who will directly Challenge Rose (who may be very rusty come playoff time). It'll come down to what happens between Love/Gasol.

Ditto on Atlanta. They play great team ball, and they might have a better shot at knocking Cleveland out.

Toronto/Washington at this point aren't serious threats. Well, as long as Derozan plays to his favorite style: Shooting the ball when there's someone draped on him, and not thinking of passing to the obviously open center ,and as long as the Wizards don't wake up and end up with Cleveland in the first round :laugh2:

What about those times when he played the Celtics and the Magic? When the Cavs won 60 games?

Cal827
03-06-2015, 02:23 AM
What about those times when he played the Celtics and the Magic? When the Cavs won 60 games?

I think some people underrate those Boston teams. They were built for the playoffs, and if it weren't for a KG injury, they could've made 3 straight finals out in the East. Doesn't help that near the end of the last couple games, he flat out gave up. (I'm aware he had the Triple Double in G6 as well as the turnovers lol, but he (along with the team) just gave up on the game in those last 90 seconds).

He was absolutely fantastic vs Orlando, but again: struggled bad in Game 6, the series clincher.

It could have been a talent issue, or it could have been an ego issue. When the Cavs won the East in the Regular Season, the media jumped on the potential of the "Lebron vs Kobe" final (As you Laker fans would know, LA went back-to-back when Cleveland lose these series :laugh2: ). I remember seeing a bunch of commercials on it, during game 2, where Orlando could have pretty much put them away there if it weren't for a buzzer beater by LBJ :laugh2:

He just flat out choked in the Dallas series, and it likely wouldn't have gone 6 games if it weren't for Wade.

One common thing in each of those scenarios, was that his team was the expected favorite. I don't really remember the media giving ANY chance to their opponents in those series, so he might've let that get to his head, leading to some of the subpar results. He's older now, and has the NBA titles, winning in cases where they were the favorite (San Antonio, the first one), or where many people predicted that they would lose (OKC). So I don't think our predictions will affect his play.

Also, might not have to worry, since many people will probably be picking Atlanta out of the East due to their dominance (well, unless they falter off).

RocketLoc80
03-06-2015, 11:32 AM
Upping

ManningToTyree
03-06-2015, 11:45 AM
I said Spurs-Cavs preseason so I will stick with that.

More confident in the Cavs because of competition

Cal827
03-06-2015, 06:53 PM
I said Spurs-Cavs preseason so I will stick with that.

More confident in the Cavs because of competition

I'm starting to think that the east team will have a better chance than most of us initially thought, seeing the wars that the West team would have to survive and win lol

Hawkeye15
03-06-2015, 06:57 PM
I don't even remember if I picked preseason....

At this point, I would say Cavs-Warriors