PDA

View Full Version : Lebron, Wade, AI, TMac, Vince.....Who comes out of the east?

Tony_Starks
03-05-2015, 07:25 PM
All in their primes, all with their one man show teams. For arguments sake the rest of the playoff teams are completely trash, these are 1-5 in the playoffs. Basically which star would will their team the most....

1. Lebron Cavs
2. AI's Sixer's
3. Wades Heat
4. Vince Raptor's
5. T Macs Magic

I would have it boiling down to Lebron vs AI, with Iverson taking the series. Can't see him losing in a all out duel....

flea
03-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Wade's Heat with Shaq? I take them, then probably AI/Mutumbo. Lebon's Cavs weren't as bad as some people recall, at least compared to the rest of the East at the time, but even though Big Z had a fine run in '07 (and a fine career for that matter) I can't take that team over those other two guys with their bigs.

ATX
03-05-2015, 07:32 PM
I'd take a prime Wade all day.

InRoseWeTrust
03-05-2015, 07:50 PM
What the hell is with people on this board and Allen Iverson? He's maybe the most overrated player on PSD, ever. I guess it's because a lot of posters here grew up watching him as relatively young kids, but wow.

Tony_Starks
03-05-2015, 07:54 PM
What the hell is with people on this board and Allen Iverson? He's maybe the most overrated player on PSD, ever. I guess it's because a lot of posters here grew up watching him as relatively young kids, but wow.

I grew up watching Magic Johnson....shrug

Tony_Starks
03-05-2015, 08:05 PM
Wade's Heat with Shaq? I take them, then probably AI/Mutumbo. Lebon's Cavs weren't as bad as some people recall, at least compared to the rest of the East at the time, but even though Big Z had a fine run in '07 (and a fine career for that matter) I can't take that team over those other two guys with their bigs.

I was talking Wade with LO and Caron Butler...

BHF
03-05-2015, 08:05 PM
Raps with Vince and T Mac

DemarDerozan
03-05-2015, 08:20 PM

AI>>>>>>>> Rose and any other Bull not named Jordan or Pippen. Pippen is a discussion.

He had the weakest supporting cast of any player on this list and made it to the Finals as a 6 foot nothing and 160 lbs. Eric ****ing Snow was the second best player on his squad. That would be like Nate Robinson leading your Bulls to the Finals.

And I grew up watching the Detroit Pistons punk your boy with the Jordan Rules.

InRoseWeTrust
03-05-2015, 08:26 PM
AI>>>>>>>> Rose and any other Bull not named Jordan or Pippen. Pippen is a discussion.

He had the weakest supporting cast of any player on this list and made it to the Finals as a 6 foot nothing and 160 lbs. Eric ****ing Snow was the second best player on his squad. That would be like Nate Robinson or Tony Wroton leading your Bulls to the Finals.

What does Rose have to do with anything? AI is one of, if not the most, chronically overrated players on this site. He is the definition of a volume scorer. And no, Eric Snow was not the second best player on that roster:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHI/2001.html

InRoseWeTrust
03-05-2015, 08:29 PM
And I grew up watching the Detroit Pistons punk your boy with the Jordan Rules.

That's cool, I grew up watching "my boy" win 6 titles in 8 years while embarrassing the rest of the league and cementing himself as the greatest to ever play the game.

mngopher35
03-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Who in their right mind considers snow the 2nd best player on those 76er teams?

Hardaway Here
03-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Wades Heat

InRoseWeTrust
03-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Who in their right mind considers snow the 2nd best player on those 76er teams?

People that want to artificially inflate what AI was.

Lakers + Giants
03-05-2015, 09:38 PM
1. Lebron Cavs
2. Wades Heat
3. Tmacs Magic
4. AI's 76ers
5. Vince's Raptors

mngopher35
03-05-2015, 09:51 PM
1. Lebron Cavs
2. Wades Heat
3. Tmacs Magic
4. AI's 76ers
5. Vince's Raptors

Hmmm I'm curious about the magic over 76ers? I think I agree with your ranking outside of that. I honestly debated putting the 76ers higher due to their defense.

slaker619
03-05-2015, 10:16 PM
#WADECOUNTY The squad won a championship for a reason
PG: Jason Williams
SG: Wade
SF: Walker
PF: Haslem
C: Shaq

Lakers + Giants
03-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Hmmm I'm curious about the magic over 76ers? I think I agree with your ranking outside of that. I honestly debated putting the 76ers higher due to their defense.

Actually you're definitely right. Switch 3 and 4 on my list. That's better.

dnl123
03-05-2015, 11:14 PM
I love me some TMAC, but those Magic teams were terrible almost every year with him on it.

I'd say;

1. Heat
2. 76ers
3. Cavs
a bunch of poop
then...
4. Raptors
then more poop...and finally
5. Magic

bucketss
03-05-2015, 11:59 PM
vince will probably choke, or get injured. if you said vince nets, than i think he would fair much better.

cmellofan15
03-06-2015, 01:16 AM
the heat had by far the best team on this list..hence the ring to show for it. and it wasn't much of a one man show considering Wade's second fiddle was posting damn near 20/10 for the season + playoffs. no one else on this list had anything close to that supporting cast including Pat Riley.

PowerHouse
03-06-2015, 01:30 AM
I'll take Hakeem the Dream 1 man show of '94.

nastynice
03-06-2015, 01:37 AM
I say AI sixers. They were a legitimate team, just happened to run into one of the best teams of all time in the finals (yea I said it. 15-1 in the playoffs, when they WANTED to go 100%, they were pretty unstoppable).

All the other teams I almost feel would be kinda lucky to even make it to the finals. That sixers squad was head and shoulders above the others, imo.

I'm assuming we're talking d wade WITHOUT shaq. If d wade WITH shaq, then I'd take that squad.

eibbor
03-06-2015, 02:02 AM
Well Wades Heat only because he had Shaq. Dude is so over rated, but for this list it's easy.

Kind of a stupid question. Not sure why you didn't add legitimate teams or why you even added AI at all... Or Carterss Raptors... Or TMacs Magic.

Do you actually watch the NBA or did you just wikipedia this stuff? Seriously.

Kaner
03-06-2015, 02:04 AM
Cool idea but it's tough to pick a winner when we don't know what year team you're talking about. Shaq joined the Heat after Wade's rookie season so is this rookie Wade vs MVP Iverson or Lebron? If the question is who wills their team over the others, at their best, then I'd pick Wade.

1.) Wade (04-10)
2.) Lebron (04-10)
3.) Iverson (00-06)
4.) Mcgrady (00-04)
5.) Vince (00-04)

Big gap between 2 and 3.

Redrum187
03-06-2015, 02:24 AM
#WADECOUNTY The squad won a championship for a reason
PG: Jason Williams
SG: Wade
SF: Walker
PF: Haslem
C: Shaq

Yes... the refs. Any objective fan could see that series was horsesh**. I'm not a fan of the Heat or Mavericks (or any other team), but that was one of the worst officiated series of all time.

Alayla
03-06-2015, 02:47 AM
Op said wade without Shaq so I'm going
Cavs
76ers
Rapters
Heat
Magic

Funny thing is TMac is the 2nd best player on that list but there is something about the likes of Iverson and Carter at that period in time they where truly Era difinining monsters I think people forget that 2001 Sixers team was deeply injured half the roster was battered and bruised and people keep bringing up the east but Philly was the only team with a win in that playoff season but we saw how hard Vince and the rapters pushed them I'd say by the time AI got to LeBron he would be running on fumes and with no one to pick up the slack Cavs win in 5 or 6 as the Sixers best case LeBron had more tools and a better cast he also was an uber althete the likes that sixers team had never seen before.

WaDe03
03-06-2015, 04:16 AM
Well Wades the only one to do it if you exclude Wade and LeBron being on the same team so Id go with Wade. If you're talking about the Heat with LO and Caron that's rookie Wade not prime unless you meant take prime Wade and swap him out with rookie Wade.

1. Heat
2. Cavs
3. Sixers
4. Magic
5. Raptors

HeatFan
03-06-2015, 08:50 AM

So you mean rookie Wade? Shaq came over in his sophomore year so we really don't know much about prime Wade without Shaq.

I would still have to say Wade with the single handed best finals performance I remember having seen. That year's Shaq wasn't a dominant Shaq, so he basically had that team on his shoulders.

HeatFan
03-06-2015, 08:53 AM
Op said wade without Shaq so I'm going
Cavs
76ers
Rapters
Heat
Magic

Funny thing is TMac is the 2nd best player on that list but there is something about the likes of Iverson and Carter at that period in time they where truly Era difinining monsters I think people forget that 2001 Sixers team was deeply injured half the roster was battered and bruised and people keep bringing up the east but Philly was the only team with a win in that playoff season but we saw how hard Vince and the rapters pushed them I'd say by the time AI got to LeBron he would be running on fumes and with no one to pick up the slack Cavs win in 5 or 6 as the Sixers best case LeBron had more tools and a better cast he also was an uber althete the likes that sixers team had never seen before.

Have to agree. Would have said Wade but not the rookie Wade. He did get Miami to upset the Hornets in the first round of his rookie season.

Hardaway Here
03-06-2015, 09:01 AM
You can't say what team you would take with the players in question all in their primes and then say Wade with Lo and Caron. So like the OP said in the beginning I'd take Prime Wades Heat.

Vince70
03-06-2015, 10:13 AM
I am going with Iverson and Philly.

They were the best defensive team of the five by a mile, which made up for the overall lack of scoring punch beyond one guy, and were lead by the best coach ever in terms of getting the most out of his roster. The fact they were the only team to push the 01 Lakers and make them sweat just adds to the argument. Honestly, not only did they win Game 1 in LA with Iverson going for 48, but they were only down by five late in the 4th of Game 2 in LA till Fisher hit that three to extend the lead to eight. The first two games of that series was an even match on the Lakers home floor and after teams like the Blazers, Kings, and Spurs got smoked at Staples in a total of six games. Lakers only won Game 3 in Philly by five points and needed a Horry three very late to seal that victory. The best playoff run in NBA history was those 01 Lakers and only that Sixer team was able to give them a loss and played them very tough in the next two games. I would even toss in the Sixers beat a Bucks team in the East Finals that had far better talent. This team just had a great deal of heart and fight in them, overcame many guys getting injured or playing hurt, and rode Iverson all the way to the Finals and weren't just happy to be there but came ready to battle it out.

YAALREADYKNO
03-06-2015, 11:05 AM
Yes... the refs. Any objective fan could see that series was horsesh**. I'm not a fan of the Heat or Mavericks (or any other team), but that was one of the worst officiated series of all time.

As a mavs fan I agree lol

blams
03-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Um Wade had shaq lol.

Heat.

Burkey3472
03-06-2015, 12:23 PM
I'm not even sure why Tmac and VC are in the conversation. Tmac never won a playoff round and VC never got out of the 2nd round. Now that leaves AI Sixers, Lebrons Cavs, and Wade Heat. Now, if we are taking the 2004-2005 Heat with Shaq this is no contest with them walking away with it. Wade turned into an elite player that year and pairing him with another elite player would have been impossible for either AI or Lebron to compete with. Now, if its Wade's rookie year they wouldn't be able to keep up with either Lebron/AI just because they were average. Now, I would take the Cavs over the Sixers just because I feel the supporting casts are similar to an extent but Lebron is a superior player over prime AI.

Pre Shaq
1) Cavs
2) Sixers

3) Heat
4) Raptors
5) Magic

With Shaq
1) Heat
2) Cavs
3) Sixers

4) Raptors
5) Magic

Chronz
03-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Tmac has the worst team around him, AI has the best, but only LeBron's teams actually defeated a superior unit on route to the Finals.

For Wade, Im taking his Jermaine O'Neal days.

Cal827
03-06-2015, 02:20 PM
1) Heat
2) Cavs
3) 76ers
4) Raptors
5) Magic

Wade is easily number 1 with shaq
Cleveland has a top 10 of al time
Philly got to the finals too
Have Toronto as 4 as that Philly team just squeaked by the Raptors on their path to the finals

T-mac was awesome but unfortunately, his teams weren't lol

Dade County
03-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Prime Wade takes everyone lunch money.

Is this before Lbj won rings with Miami? Because if it's before that, Wade's team is in the Final's easy.

Prime Wade style of play, cripples a teams defense over a course of a game/series.

Wade
Lbj
AI
TMac
Vince

Dade County
03-06-2015, 02:39 PM

Blame Jordan and stern for the super star call treatment.

If you didn't bring this up, back then you shouldn't bring it up now.

I think Wade went to the line like 97 times that series... Once again blame the poster child Jordan and the ring leader Stern for this.

RCarlson85
03-06-2015, 02:42 PM

That wasn't his prime though, that was his rookie year.

RCarlson85
03-06-2015, 02:46 PM
So you mean rookie Wade? Shaq came over in his sophomore year so we really don't know much about prime Wade without Shaq.

I would still have to say Wade with the single handed best finals performance I remember having seen. That year's Shaq wasn't a dominant Shaq, so he basically had that team on his shoulders.

I think people seem to forget this. Shaq was better in his first year on the Heat when they went to the ECF and lost to the Pistons. Shaq was clearly declining by his 2nd year on the Heat. He was not much of a contributor in the Finals either. That was all Wade.

Kaner
03-06-2015, 04:19 PM
I think people seem to forget this. Shaq was better in his first year on the Heat when they went to the ECF and lost to the Pistons. Shaq was clearly declining by his 2nd year on the Heat. He was not much of a contributor in the Finals either. That was all Wade.

He was clearly declining by his first season with Miami. He's better statistically, in the playoffs, his 2nd season there. I agree with the last part though, Shaq was limited in the finals but he was definitely still the best 2nd option.

Chronz
03-06-2015, 04:29 PM
Shaq was limited because the Mavs were throwing hard doubles (aka, 2 7fters trapping) at him, its not like he wasn't a threat. Wade even told him that he was going to take advantage of how they defended him if they kept it up. Shaq was arguably the MVP of the ECF where he eviscerated Ben Wallace and co. He had his struggles but during the final 4 games he averaged a decent 15-12 .

Tony_Starks
03-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Tmac has the worst team around him, AI has the best, but only LeBron's teams actually defeated a superior unit on route to the Finals.

For Wade, Im taking his Jermaine O'Neal days.

That what I should've said instead of LO and Butler Wade.

Yeah Jermaine O'Neal and Beasley Wade was still a beast just with a weak roster....

Tony_Starks
03-06-2015, 05:11 PM
I am going with Iverson and Philly.

They were the best defensive team of the five by a mile, which made up for the overall lack of scoring punch beyond one guy, and were lead by the best coach ever in terms of getting the most out of his roster. The fact they were the only team to push the 01 Lakers and make them sweat just adds to the argument. Honestly, not only did they win Game 1 in LA with Iverson going for 48, but they were only down by five late in the 4th of Game 2 in LA till Fisher hit that three to extend the lead to eight. The first two games of that series was an even match on the Lakers home floor and after teams like the Blazers, Kings, and Spurs got smoked at Staples in a total of six games. Lakers only won Game 3 in Philly by five points and needed a Horry three very late to seal that victory. The best playoff run in NBA history was those 01 Lakers and only that Sixer team was able to give them a loss and played them very tough in the next two games. I would even toss in the Sixers beat a Bucks team in the East Finals that had far better talent. This team just had a great deal of heart and fight in them, overcame many guys getting injured or playing hurt, and rode Iverson all the way to the Finals and weren't just happy to be there but came ready to battle it out.

This is pretty much how I see it. That 01 Laker squad was the closest thing to invincible that I've ever seen. I remember everyone making their Lakers sweep predictions before the series and Stephen A being the only one to go out on a limb and say "it won't be a sweep because AI will get you 1." I thought it was hogwash at the time but that game 1 spectacle was something unheard of that I haven't seen since in a Finals game.

People can say what they want about Iverson but when it was on the line he always had the biggest heart on the floor....

Chronz
03-06-2015, 05:23 PM
This is pretty much how I see it. That 01 Laker squad was the closest thing to invincible that I've ever seen. I remember everyone making their Lakers sweep predictions before the series and Stephen A being the only one to go out on a limb and say "it won't be a sweep because AI will get you 1." I thought it was hogwash at the time but that game 1 spectacle was something unheard of that I haven't seen since in a Finals game.

People can say what they want about Iverson but when it was on the line he always had the biggest heart on the floor....

I would have called a sweep too, except for that LONG delay the Lakers had to endure while waiting for the Sixers to finish off inferior opponents. If not for that, the Lakers would have made it look as easy as they did the rest of the way. 4-0. I have no problem with calling Stephen A's analysis hogwash, it usually is, but I knew ALOT of Laker fans that thought they would be rusty for G1. That long a layoff is pretty extreme.

Yeah AI went hard when all the chips were out there, but he should have eliminated these teams alot sooner. He went to an elimination game every series, from round 1 and on. He couldn't defend his own position and had to force his teammates to pick up the slack on that end.

Tony_Starks
03-06-2015, 05:56 PM

I would have called a sweep too, except for that LONG delay the Lakers had to endure while waiting for the Sixers to finish off inferior opponents. If not for that, the Lakers would have made it look as easy as they did the rest of the way. 4-0. I have no problem with calling Stephen A's analysis hogwash, it usually is, but I knew ALOT of Laker fans that thought they would be rusty for G1. That long a layoff is pretty extreme.

Yeah AI went hard when all the chips were out there, but he should have eliminated these teams alot sooner. He went to an elimination game every series, from round 1 and on. He couldn't defend his own position and had to force his teammates to pick up the slack on that end.

Rust is and always has been a lame excuse. Might effect the 1st quarter but any team as great as that squad was should've got over it throughout the game. We went to overtime at that, there were no excuses AI was just unstoppable. I had the pleasure of being there live and when I say he singlehandedly won the game it's not a exaggeration by any means.

As the other posted stated other games in the series were tight too, this wasn't some fluke game against a rusty team, they couldn't do anything with that dude.....

Chronz
03-06-2015, 06:18 PM
Rust is and always has been a lame excuse. Might effect the 1st quarter but any team as great as that squad was should've got over it throughout the game. We went to overtime at that, there were no excuses AI was just unstoppable. I had the pleasure of being there live and when I say he singlehandedly won the game it's not a exaggeration by any means.

As the other posted stated other games in the series were tight too, this wasn't some fluke game against a rusty team, they couldn't do anything with that dude.....
All it takes is 1 quarter bro. Its not like you only have to win 3 quarters to win a game, the entire score is what counts.

Definitely no fluke, like I said, that Philly team gave its star the most support than any other you cited, I just dont give them as much credit as you do given the randomness of basketball and the long layoff.

Like remember when Atlanta pushed the eventual Champion Celtics to 7 games whereas the Pistons/Lakers only took them to 6. Would you use that fact as evidence that the sub.500 Hawks were superior to the WC champion Lakers who wound up winning 2 chips the following 2 years?

Hawkeye15
03-06-2015, 06:24 PM
All it takes is 1 quarter bro. Its not like you only have to win 3 quarters to win a game, the entire score is what counts.

Definitely no fluke, like I said, that Philly team gave its star the most support than any other you cited, I just dont give them as much credit as you do given the randomness of basketball and the long layoff.

Like remember when Atlanta pushed the eventual Champion Celtics to 7 games whereas the Pistons/Lakers only took them to 6. Would you use that fact as evidence that the sub.500 Hawks were superior to the WC champion Lakers who wound up winning 2 chips the following 2 years?

matchup issues straight up. The Celtics TEAM defense was excellent, but a team like the Hawks had quick athletes at every position, and were able to get the Celtics defense shifting and moving, giving them advantages other teams weren't able to have against the C's defense.

More-Than-Most
03-06-2015, 06:44 PM
1. Lebron Cavs
2. Wades Heat
3. Tmacs Magic
4. AI's 76ers
5. Vince's Raptors

Tony_Starks
03-06-2015, 08:08 PM

Except that wasn't some out of the ordinary occurrence. He went berserk against Toronto in the playoffs that same year, and basically was giving the entire league the business that whole season.

Like I said if you have a prime Lebron plus supporting cast on one end and AI and crew on the other my money is on Iverson all day. As great as Lebron is he's not mentally built for that kind of duel....

THE MTL
03-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Shaq was 20-10 on the Heat. No Wade's heat is post-Shaq ppl!

I'm taking LeBron Cav or AI Sixers because both players took their teams to the nba finals

Chronz
03-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Except that wasn't some out of the ordinary occurrence.
What wasnt?

He went berserk against Toronto in the playoffs that same year, and basically was giving the entire league the business that whole season.
Not really, he played better in the Finals vs the Lakers than he did against the rest of the league. He arguably outplayed Kobe but thats up for debate given the difference in defensive pressure.

Like I said if you have a prime Lebron plus supporting cast on one end and AI and crew on the other my money is on Iverson all day. As great as Lebron is he's not mentally built for that kind of duel....
LOL this aint the Wild Wild West guy, the best TEAM wins. And Bron doesn't need to engage in any sort of "duel" to win. I dont know who would win because its a toss up IMO, but that has nothing to do with this 1 on 1 crud.

Like other posters have said, you never specified which teams these guys were anchoring. Theres a difference between the 50 win Cavs teams and the 66 win Cavs teams. If its the really crappy Cavs team that didn't even make the Finals because Bron wasn't yet that caliber of player then the Sixers prolly win, I honestly dont know. But if its any of the other Cavs, then I'll take them considering they actually beat a team more talented than themselves.

Vince70
03-08-2015, 11:09 AM
"Shaq was better in his first year on the Heat when they went to the ECF and lost to the Pistons. Shaq was clearly declining by his 2nd year on the Heat. He was not much of a contributor in the Finals either. That was all Wade."

Disagree.

Miami wouldn't have even made it to the Finals in 06 if it wasn't for Shaq's 28 pts, 16 rebs, and 5 blks in Game 6 of the ECF. The odds are not in Miami's favor of winning a Game 7 at Det and with Wade having an off night in that Game 6 it's fair to say Shaq was the MVP of the ECF. He was dominate in the clincher (12-14 from the field!) and averaged like 22/10 for the entire series. I also beleive he was still 20/10 in the 05-06 season so actually the decline didn't start till the following year in 06-07.

Avery Johnson mentioned several times in his pre Finals press conferences that they weren't gonna let Shaq beat them. He felt more confident in his wing defenders checking Wade than he did with his post defenders checking Shaq. Shaq's PPG and FGA were way down in the Finals cause of doubles/zones but he still averaged 15/12 in the four straight wins. That is a pretty decent contribution in the Finals.