PDA

View Full Version : Linsanity making a comeback?

zn23
03-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Since the all-star break Jeremy Lin has been ballin.

18 ppg, 5.5 ast. , TS% of 0.605, PER of 26.5

Lakers are only 3-3 in that stretch though, but he's doing his part.

It's a small sample size I know and I don't think he can continue this, if he does then all the power to him, but it's at least a sign that he's not a total bust.

Sactown
03-04-2015, 09:47 PM
Seems like a guy who if you give him complete control he'll play like an average guard or better but if he has to be part of a system he just sucks

Tony_Starks
03-04-2015, 09:55 PM
Lakers are 3-4 since all-star break, Lin is coming off the bench playing against second unit players, and he still can't defend his own shadow.

The dude has lost playing time to Chris Duhon, Patrick Beverly, Ronnie Price, and currently 2nd round rookie Clarkson......let that sink in.

IKnowHoops
03-04-2015, 09:55 PM
He looks good out there. If Im the lakers with that crap team, I let him run the offense and if he can put up 18/6 with a .600 TS then he's your best player and might as well continue to let him develop while you are where you are.

Mave1002
03-04-2015, 10:26 PM
^ Teams who want him can have him during the offseason. Just please take him away

JEDean89
03-04-2015, 10:39 PM
look at bargnani's numbers of late

Tony_Starks
03-04-2015, 10:40 PM
^ Teams who want him can have him during the offseason. Just please take him away

They can have him now for a pepperoni hot pocket!

IDunknown
03-04-2015, 10:44 PM
Lakers are 3-4 since all-star break, Lin is coming off the bench playing against second unit players, and he still can't defend his own shadow.

The dude has lost playing time to Chris Duhon, Patrick Beverly, Ronnie Price, and currently 2nd round rookie Clarkson......let that sink in.

Duhon wasn't on the Knicks when Lin was.

cvburg
03-04-2015, 11:01 PM
Pepperoni hot pockets are way to valuable

Tony_Starks
03-04-2015, 11:12 PM
Pepperoni hot pockets are way to valuable

I know. Maybe like a vegetarian hot pocket....

Chronz
03-04-2015, 11:15 PM
Lakers are tanking so they arent playing him, hes too good to be on the bench for this team but they are developing other players. I dont think Lin is a part of their plan for next year, more like a 1 year place holder.

Would love to see Rondo take his spot next year and Lin join the Mavs and excel once reunited with Parsons.

Chronz
03-04-2015, 11:21 PM
Seems like a guy who if you give him complete control he'll play like an average guard or better but if he has to be part of a system he just sucks

He doesnt suck man, its a shame there are so many good PG's today that being a league average player is considered sucking. Hes a decent reserve and his off the ball play is underrated. Im pretty sure he led the league in spot up scoring or something last year. Hes a change of pace guard whos been enthrusted into horrible teams. People act as if hes playing as bad as MCW out there.

cmellofan15
03-04-2015, 11:27 PM
Duhon wasn't on the Knicks when Lin was.

lol

Supreme LA
03-05-2015, 02:03 AM
He doesnt suck man, its a shame there are so many good PG's today that being a league average player is considered sucking. Hes a decent reserve and his off the ball play is underrated. Im pretty sure he led the league in spot up scoring or something last year. Hes a change of pace guard whos been enthrusted into horrible teams. People act as if hes playing as bad as MCW out there.

This. Getting really tired of people hating on the guy.

IndyRealist
03-05-2015, 02:10 AM

It's a small sample size I know and I don't think he can continue this, if he does then all the power to him, but it's at least a sign that he's not a total bust.
Can you even call an undrafted player who's still in the league a bust? He's more or less average, and I'd call him above average if he got his turnovers down.

Sadds The Gr8
03-05-2015, 04:35 AM

3-4 is good for that dumpster fire roster.

Kyben36
03-05-2015, 06:43 AM
Bust out the checkbook NY, Bring your boy home

lol, please
03-06-2015, 01:57 AM
Linsanity :worthy:

Blitzace137
03-06-2015, 02:59 AM

You're a Lin hater, why would anyone take you're opinion seriously? you wouldn't give the guy credit no matter what he does. Lin finishes games against starters so don't really no what your talking about. 3-4 is great for that team.

KB24PG16
03-06-2015, 03:13 AM
You're a Lin hater, why would anyone take you're opinion seriously? you wouldn't give the guy credit no matter what he does. 3-4 is great for that team.

to be fair, everything he said was true besides duhon

Blitzace137
03-06-2015, 03:15 AM
to be fair, everything he said was true

Not really, I've been watching the games, Lin finishes games for you guys against starters at the end, so no everything he said isn't true.

IKnowHoops
03-06-2015, 03:32 AM
3-4 is good for that dumpster fire roster.

Don't even think a Prime Kobe could carry that bunch to a 3-4 record.

numba1CHANGsta
03-06-2015, 03:52 AM
There's always gonna be guys who produce on bad teams, Lin just happens to play on a team with no all-stars so don't let the numbers fool you

Blitzace137
03-06-2015, 03:58 AM
There's always gonna be guys who produce on bad teams, Lin just happens to play on a team with no all-stars so don't let the numbers fool you

Those type of players usually produce inefficiently for example MCW when he played in Philly because they take more shots but Lin's shooting it at a high clip, obviously the numbers would come down if he was playing with a ball dominant star.

GiantsSwaGG
03-06-2015, 07:50 AM
I like tacos

HeatFan
03-06-2015, 08:57 AM

For a guy making $14.9 million this year in a very depleted team with no real go to options, then that is the least you can expect. He is the second highest paid player on that team by a fair amount.

zn23
03-06-2015, 09:53 AM
For a guy making $14.9 million this year in a very depleted team with no real go to options, then that is the least you can expect. He is the second highest paid player on that team by a fair amount.

Tell that to Rondo

lol, please
03-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Give me Lin over a prime rondo with a gun to my head.

beasted86
03-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Rondo was a way better defender and Lin was never as consistent as prime Rondo. Bad choice if your life depended on it.

Chronz
03-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Depends, is the game for your life televised?

slashsnake
03-07-2015, 02:42 PM
You're a Lin hater, why would anyone take you're opinion seriously? you wouldn't give the guy credit no matter what he does. Lin finishes games against starters so don't really no what your talking about. 3-4 is great for that team.

Yeah but he is right on those whether or not he likes Lin. Lakers give up nearly 3 points per 48 minutes more with him on the court than off it.

Most of the year he hasn't been a closer on that team, he's gotten that role more and more minutes after the Cavs game, but the Lakers are 4-16 since then. Sure pick the moment you want and he is 3-0 on a streak. Or now he is 0-4 on a streak. Opponents average a PER of 22 and an effective FG% of 55% against him. Not a good defender period.

I think LA is trying to be as entertaining as possible without winning games. Lin sounds like a good choice for that. I don't think we will see Linsanity, because if he starts somehow winning games consistently, they will keep him out.

G_S_W
03-07-2015, 03:08 PM
Yeah but he is right on those whether or not he likes Lin. Lakers give up nearly 3 points per 48 minutes more with him on the court than off it.

Most of the year he hasn't been a closer on that team, he's gotten that role more and more minutes after the Cavs game, but the Lakers are 4-16 since then. Sure pick the moment you want and he is 3-0 on a streak. Or now he is 0-4 on a streak. Opponents average a PER of 22 and an effective FG% of 55% against him. Not a good defender period.

I think LA is trying to be as entertaining as possible without winning games. Lin sounds like a good choice for that. I don't think we will see Linsanity, because if he starts somehow winning games consistently, they will keep him out.

I think you are giving them too much credit. The lakers are one of those rare "triple threat" organizations with a terrible coach, incompetent ownership, and a terrible squad. At least the sixers have two talented young bigs and are stockpiling draft picks. The knicks are a complete joke, but there is still an outside hope that Phil Jackson can become a good GM with his basketball background.

The lakers are in a tricky spot out west with the clueless buss kids totally outmatched and outwitted in a stacked west. Good luck to lakers fans.

HeatFan
03-07-2015, 03:17 PM
Depends, is the game for your life televised?

Lol

Sandman
03-07-2015, 03:18 PM
Lin hasnt played this well since his Knicks were losing by the 2nd quarter

HeatFan
03-07-2015, 03:22 PM

Talk about a bold statement. Lin was a great story at the time and fun to watch when it was happening. I still think his salary right now is just based on the whole hype of the moment after he finished that season with NY. Then again, lots of players get tons of hype, sign a contract, then fade (a.k.a Lance Stephenson).

Vinylman
03-07-2015, 03:34 PM
He looked great last night

HeatFan
03-07-2015, 03:39 PM
He looked great last night

4 points on 1 of 5 shooting? Not really.

D-Leethal
03-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Lin fanboys always pop their heads out when he has a good game and tuck their tails between their legs when he has 5 straight bad ones.

Vinylman
03-07-2015, 04:29 PM
4 points on 1 of 5 shooting? Not really.

:facepalm:

lol, please
03-07-2015, 05:31 PM
Lin hasnt played this well since his Knicks were losing by the 2nd quarter

:clap:

Sandman
03-07-2015, 05:35 PM
:clap:

from my screen:

Linsanity making a comeback?

Last reply > lol, please

Blitzace137
03-08-2015, 02:09 AM

My argument was solely based on the numbers Lin was putting up since the break. That's what the OP brought up. It was obvious that Lin was having a down year in the first half of the season. Lin is not 0-4 the Lakers are I don't see you're point here?, he's played good in some of those losses with the exception of the last game against the Grizzlies. We know Lin isn't a good defender but it's not like the Lakers have any rim protection either with the exception of Ed Davis but he comes off the bench. Boozer, Hill, Sacre I wouldn't consider any of them rim protectors. `

Blitzace137
03-08-2015, 02:11 AM
Lin fanboys always pop their heads out when he has a good game and tuck their tails between their legs when he has 5 straight bad ones.

Not really, no one is looking at small sample sizes, Lin has been playing well since the break that's not "one game or a few game, that's a decent sample size.

Munkeysuit
03-08-2015, 02:22 AM
No, it's gone, in fact? he's gotten so far (in New York) because there probably wasn't any real scouting report on dude, and teams weren't really preparing their entire defensive schemes around dude either! I think he's a good player, and sometimes gets more slack than he deserves because of his "Linsanity" days, but what your seeing is what you get with dude.

IKnowHoops
03-08-2015, 02:37 AM

Why were Kobe's numbers so much worse. (Advanced numbers)

Blitzace137
03-08-2015, 02:41 AM
No, it's gone, in fact? he's gotten so far (in New York) because there probably wasn't any real scouting report on dude, and teams weren't really preparing their entire defensive schemes around dude either! I think he's a good player, and sometimes gets more slack than he deserves because of his "Linsanity" days, but what your seeing is what you get with dude.

Exactly my point, dudes not an all-star but some fans act like he's a scrub. That's what happens when you get overexposed by the media.

IKnowHoops
03-08-2015, 02:42 AM
I think you are giving them too much credit. The lakers are one of those rare "triple threat" organizations with a terrible coach, incompetent ownership, and a terrible squad. At least the sixers have two talented young bigs and are stockpiling draft picks. The knicks are a complete joke, but there is still an outside hope that Phil Jackson can become a good GM with his basketball background.

The lakers are in a tricky spot out west with the clueless buss kids totally outmatched and outwitted in a stacked west. Good luck to lakers fans.

He's better than half the coaches in the league. Team and management are just garbage. On the other hand, management is probably accomplishing what they set out to do.

Chronz
03-08-2015, 02:56 AM
He's better than half the coaches in the league. Team and management are just garbage. On the other hand, management is probably accomplishing what they set out to do.

No, he really isn't .

Blitzace137
03-08-2015, 03:01 AM
No, he really isn't .

Their was a reason J.Kidd didn't get along with Byron Scott, I think Princeton offense the Lakers run is terrible.

IKnowHoops
03-08-2015, 03:05 AM
No, he really isn't .

He did an awesome job with that Chris Paul lead hornets team, as well as get the Nets to back to back finals appearances. Had them outplaying the Spurs for much of there series with them as well. What is he supposed to be doing right now?

IKnowHoops
03-08-2015, 03:06 AM
Their was a reason J.Kidd didn't get along with Byron Scott, I think Princeton offense the Lakers run is terrible.

I'll take him over Spoelstra easily. (Not that, that means anything special)

IKnowHoops
03-08-2015, 03:08 AM
Give the guy a good team, and the only team that can beat him are the Spurs or Kobe Shaq Lakers. Not bad

lol, please
03-08-2015, 03:40 AM
Lin will have multiple rings one day, so hate on.

Goose17
03-08-2015, 04:04 AM
I like Lin. I think after the media blew up all that Linsanity stuff he's been getting a hard time for not living up to expectations. Expectations that were, quite frankly, knee jerk reactions.

He's a solid second string PG who could, in the right situation, be a serviceable starting point.

Nothing wrong with that.

Chronz
03-08-2015, 04:31 AM
He did an awesome job with that Chris Paul lead hornets team, as well as get the Nets to back to back finals appearances. Had them outplaying the Spurs for much of there series with them as well. What is he supposed to be doing right now?
Ima have to disagree on him doing a good job, hes alienated his PG's just about everywhere hes gone and held them back with his simplistic offenses IMO. He was let go in Cleveland because they didn't see any defensive growth in their young players and his outdated tactics ignore the evolution of the game. He simply doesn't understand the value of the 3pter nor what else stats have to say.

Chronz
03-08-2015, 04:35 AM

I've never seen a worse example of the Princeton and I honestly dont think his players ever bought into it. He was having real trouble keeping Kobe's fg/a down and it wasn't until he FINALLY listened to management about managing Kobe's minutes that things recovered abit. Im not sure but Im fairly certain it was their stat crew that first suggested limiting Kobe to 32-34 MPG.

I never expected the Lakers to do anything but Scott was the PERFECT coach to hire for a team that was tanking. I just knew he would hold them back. Lakes need them picks.

Tony_Starks
03-08-2015, 04:35 AM
As strictly a backup with no hopes of ever starting Lin is decent. If you can play him with another pg and take all decision making out of his hands, he is decent.

With Lin in the starting lineup the Lakers gave up the most opposing PG points in the entire league. That is a fact. It was actually almost sad how badly they would abuse him, he's just flat out outmatched almost every night by quicker stronger guards....

D-Leethal
03-08-2015, 07:13 AM
Exactly my point, dudes not an all-star but some fans act like he's a scrub. That's what happens when you get overexposed by the media.

He does put up 20-30 game stretches that are pretty scrubbish on the reg.

Ariza's Better
03-08-2015, 07:52 AM
I like Lin. He is a solid guy off the bench. I just feel most of hate towards him comes from how the media blew him up and how his fans are some of the worst fans in the world.

Chronz
03-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Well dont expect Lin to continue to shine, Byron "Im living in the 90's" Scott wants him to run LESS PnR.....

Im assuming he wants to replace those drives and 3's he creates for more pin downs for Ellington.

72 Wins
03-08-2015, 12:51 PM
For those complaining, I'll take him over Kirk Hinrich.

lol, please
03-08-2015, 01:31 PM
The hate for Lin is real.

Goose17
03-08-2015, 02:10 PM
Well dont expect Lin to continue to shine, Byron "Im living in the 90's" Scott wants him to run LESS PnR.....

Im assuming he wants to replace those drives and 3's he creates for more pin downs for Ellington.

Byron is giving Brett Brown a run for his money, if you want to tank you couldn't do better.