PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs franchise has the highest winning percentage among all teams

JasonJohnHorn
03-03-2015, 06:43 PM
So if you take the franchise winning percentage of every team... all their collective wins and loses over the years, the Spurs are the team with the highest percentage.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/san-antonio-spurs-los-angeles-lakers-nba-history-030315?adbsc=social_20150303_41451576&adbid=1565538293712489&adbpl=fb&adbpr=1545950102337975

That says a lot since they didn't start winning until 1999 and had decades to catch up with the Celtics and Lakers. Fifteen-straight 50-win seasons... WOW!!!

So... kudos to the Spurs, and.... do you think they'll pull out 50 wins this season and keep that streak going?

andy2518
03-03-2015, 06:48 PM
They are like .4 of a percentage over the Lakers. A lot could change in the next ten years or so. Still, pretty damn impressive considering the Lakers have been winners for so long. Not sure if sample size argument applies here.

andy2518
03-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Last three seasons really hurt the Lakers.

flea
03-03-2015, 06:52 PM
That's what happens when you have two inner circle HOF big men for about 25 years of your franchise's 40 year history. Plus you start with Iceman, another HOFer and underrated guard. Still, it's impressive they're higher than the Lakers whose Magic/Kareem/Worthy/West/Wilt/Kobe/Shaq/Gasol and everyone I'm missing is basically a who's who of the top 25 all-time players.

Phantom Dreamer
03-03-2015, 06:52 PM
Do they get a prize?

SPURSFAN1
03-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Small market SA. The little engine that could.

Slug3
03-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Anyone got a full list? Would like to see who's at the bottom.

Shlumpledink
03-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Pretty good, but they haven't been around as long as say the Lakers or the Celtics. So the sample size is a bit skewed. They have been around since the late 60s if memory serves

Can the spurs go 14-9 from here on out? Probably. Depends on who they are playing. Eastern conference teams? The Lakers?

mngopher35
03-03-2015, 07:31 PM

Nah, we don't need to see that...

Cal827
03-03-2015, 07:45 PM

Just rank them based on W/L percentage, although this year isn't included lol.

Sorry Clippers and T'Wolves

Cal827
03-03-2015, 07:47 PM

:laugh2: Sorry, but if Wiggins continues his development, you guys will start rising soon.

Side note, I didn't know that the Knicks were under .500 all time.

ATX
03-03-2015, 07:55 PM
They would have to go 14-9 to get to 50 wins and maintain almost exactly the same winning %. Ya, I think they'll do it.

RLundi
03-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Post full list?

JV35
03-03-2015, 08:01 PM
Pretty good, but they haven't been around as long as say the Lakers or the Celtics. So the sample size is a bit skewed. They have been around since the late 60s if memory serves

If you count the 6 seasons as the Dallas/Texas Chaparrals they date back to 1967. Moved to SA in '73.

SteveNash
03-03-2015, 08:03 PM
LA Lakers still have a higher winning percentage.

JV35
03-03-2015, 08:08 PM
LA Lakers still have a higher winning percentage. True.

The Lakers franchise has a higher winning pct. than the S.A. franchise (if you count the Dallas/Texas years):

Lakers .610 Spurs .594

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/

Of course, when including NBA ONLY--Spurs have the edge.

KnicksorBust
03-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Can Pop keep this going after Duncan is gone?

Bruno
03-03-2015, 10:43 PM

I dont think so, but not because he's not excellent.

as soon as his aging stars exit the fold he'll have to start paying fair market value for his pieces. Look at Kwiah, he's made 7.5M in four season, governments taken half, and he's probably taken care of his family. I'd be surprised turned down a max, considering the circumstances and his youth. if you have to give Kwiah 15M starting, it's going to be more difficult to surround him with a quality, deep supporting cast. they're going to need another great player to join Kwiah after Duncan to keep up consistent 50 win seasons.

does anyone think Kwiah turns down a max?

JasonJohnHorn
03-03-2015, 11:12 PM

I literally laughed out loud.

JasonJohnHorn
03-03-2015, 11:17 PM

Word round the camp fire is that Marc Gasol is going to be targeted this offseason. If he's smart, and the Spurs have the space, he'll sign there.

Having him and TD for a year or two while Patty Mills, Kwahi Leonard and Danny Green get their game up to Parkey/Manu/Bowen levels.... or they add a free agent or two, and they will be all set to keep right on trucking.

The great thing is that with the TV deal, the Spurs will have something they haven't have in pretty much 20 years.. cap space. They had that one season when Kidd was a free agent and he opted to stay in NJ, but other than that, they've not had any money to bring talent in, so they've built through the draft. You give them some cap space and look out. There are players who would go there if they were getting paid. Trust me.

SPURSFAN1
03-03-2015, 11:17 PM

as soon as his aging stars exit the fold he'll have to start paying fair market value for his pieces. Look at Kwiah, he's made 7.5M in four season, governments taken half, and he's probably taken care of his family. I'd be surprised turned down a max, considering the circumstances and his youth. if you have to give Kwiah 15M starting, it's going to be more difficult to surround him with a quality, deep supporting cast. they're going to need another great player to join Kwiah after Duncan to keep up consistent 50 win seasons.

Kawhi is getting a max 5 year deal. The spurs are going to give it to him and he is a top 10 player especially in the playoffs. He is the real deal. 23 years old and in 5 years at 28 years old he is barely going to be in his prime. He still has a long way to go. Blessed. :clap:

Jeffy25
03-03-2015, 11:19 PM
It's still the Lakers, if you include ABA time.

SPURSFAN1
03-03-2015, 11:20 PM
It's still the Lakers, if you include ABA time.

Good thing we only use NBA records for NBA teams.

KnicksorBust
03-04-2015, 01:53 PM

You don't think the Spurs will max him out?

KnicksorBust
03-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Word round the camp fire is that Marc Gasol is going to be targeted this offseason. If he's smart, and the Spurs have the space, he'll sign there.

Having him and TD for a year or two while Patty Mills, Kwahi Leonard and Danny Green get their game up to Parkey/Manu/Bowen levels.... or they add a free agent or two, and they will be all set to keep right on trucking.

The great thing is that with the TV deal, the Spurs will have something they haven't have in pretty much 20 years.. cap space. They had that one season when Kidd was a free agent and he opted to stay in NJ, but other than that, they've not had any money to bring talent in, so they've built through the draft. You give them some cap space and look out. There are players who would go there if they were getting paid. Trust me.

Why would Gasol leave an elite Memphis team that can offer him the most money?

kdspurman
03-04-2015, 02:09 PM

I think the FO is strong enough to keep quality players there, whether by trading, or being their unique ability to scout and find overseas talent. I don't know if the 50 wins will still be there (though I don't think they're out of the question sans Duncan) but they should be a good team.

That's why this system they've played is so valuable, it's not always about who's on the court, but rather the system is being run.

PurpleLynch
03-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Kudos to the Spurs. They have an insanely elite coach and great scouting staff(their second-rounders picks are awesome).Plus,they have the best PF of all time and a solid cast each year.
I'm glad the Lakers still holds the highest % of all time(NBA/ABA),but it won't be for long. We played four consecutive abysmal seasons. It seems the '90 all over again. I'm fine with that though.Right now.
Jimbaco,you better form a contender team within 3 years.Or this decade will be the worst in Lakers history.

Hawkeye15
03-04-2015, 02:53 PM

our puppies would be at the tail end of that list :(

all hail Wiggy!

Hawkeye15
03-04-2015, 02:54 PM
I think the FO is strong enough to keep quality players there, whether by trading, or being their unique ability to scout and find overseas talent. I don't know if the 50 wins will still be there (though I don't think they're out of the question sans Duncan) but they should be a good team.

That's why this system they've played is so valuable, it's not always about who's on the court, but rather the system is being run.

and you will be infusing the younger generation of men in. The ones that have been raised with entitlement. You aint getting the cost reduction from your best players after your older guys retire.

kdspurman
03-04-2015, 02:59 PM
and you will be infusing the younger generation of men in. The ones that have been raised with entitlement. You aint getting the cost reduction from your best players after your older guys retire.

That's why Pop said he prefers the foreigners (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/11/gregg-popovich-american-players-dont-work-as-hard-as-foreign-players/) lol.

I know it'll be very different, but I think Pop will continue to show why he's arguably the best to ever do it. Teaching and getting guys to maximize their potential.

Hawkeye15
03-04-2015, 03:11 PM
That's why Pop said he prefers the foreigners (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/11/gregg-popovich-american-players-dont-work-as-hard-as-foreign-players/) lol.

I know it'll be very different, but I think Pop will continue to show why he's arguably the best to ever do it. Teaching and getting guys to maximize their potential.

as long as Pop is there, I can see many players bending on money. The other HUGE thing they have going, is Texas has no state income tax, and you can buy a 6 bedroom home for $400k in SA

Money goes a lot further in San Antonio than it does for most, if not all, the other teams in the league.

Vampirate
03-04-2015, 03:20 PM
our puppies would be at the tail end of that list :(

all hail Wiggy!

Your team while down there isn't in the bottom 3 of the list not including franchises that don't exist anymore.

The team I follow though is. :(

Trwood12
03-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Haha, my thoughts exactly.

KnicksorBust
03-04-2015, 03:29 PM

With all due respect this seems completely irrelevant. You think Kawhi Leonard is entitled if he wants a max contract?

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 03:43 PM
With all due respect this seems completely irrelevant. You think Kawhi Leonard is entitled if he wants a max contract?

I don't think kawhi feels entitled to a max contract. The market already dictated his salary.

KnicksorBust
03-04-2015, 03:44 PM
I don't think kawhi feels entitled to a max contract. The market already dictated his salary.

Do you think he would take a Spurs discount?

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Do you think he would take a Spurs discount?

I could see him taking a spurs discount but I know the spurs wouldn't play with him like that. The spurs and kawhi both know the cap is going up either way. It's a win for both parties.

torocan
03-04-2015, 03:55 PM
15 consecutive seasons of 50+ wins. 17 consecutive seasons of 50+ winning percentages.

I just don't see it stopping this year.

As long as Pops and Co. are still on the floor, bet against them at your own risk.

kdspurman
03-04-2015, 03:56 PM
as long as Pop is there, I can see many players bending on money. The other HUGE thing they have going, is Texas has no state income tax, and you can buy a 6 bedroom home for $400k in SA

Money goes a lot further in San Antonio than it does for most, if not all, the other teams in the league.

It's huge & not so huge at the same time. Players much rather prefer Dallas/Houston than SA.

kdspurman
03-04-2015, 04:02 PM

I think him seeing how TD is, might have an impact, and he might get used to wanting to have quality players around him and being in contention year after year. That being said, I don't think him wanting the max makes him entitled, he's shown how valuable he is. and I don't think that's what Hawk was referring to. I could be wrong, but i don't know if it was entitled in regards to money.

Hawkeye15
03-04-2015, 04:07 PM

just because they have a sense of entitlement doesn't mean they are entitled to anything...

it's a mindset

Hawkeye15
03-04-2015, 04:07 PM
It's huge & not so huge at the same time. Players much rather prefer Dallas/Houston than SA.

they will stop coming if the winning stops. Until then, players will come. And like it matters. Pops could turn Helen Keller into an elite 3 corner shooter.

SteveNash
03-04-2015, 07:16 PM

Popovich has way too many warts on his career to ever become the best, and he's been sounding like he's getting ready to retire, better to get out now before being exposed when the complete implosion comes.

The problem being that you're still in SA.

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 07:50 PM
Popovich has way too many warts on his career to ever become the best, and he's been sounding like he's getting ready to retire, better to get out now before being exposed when the complete implosion comes.

There is nothing wrong with SA. Low cost of living. Low crime rate. Texas hospitality. You can pretty much travel to the beach whenever. You got Austin in a short drive. You got Dal and hou a short drive if you want to. Texas has pretty much every type of environment possible. Warm weather. The people are great. No media hounding. O and you got on of the best NBA organizations of all time. 7th biggest city in the US. Can you please explain what is wrong with SA?

beasted86
03-04-2015, 07:51 PM
Pop is going to step down from coaching soon into some front office position once their future HOFs retire. Bookmark this post and come back to it 4 years from now.

San Antonio will never be a free agent destination, so they will need to build through the draft over many years. He's not going to go through that. They are already whispering Messina in the media as the slated next guy. 3-4 years seems like the logical timeline for him to take over.

kdspurman
03-04-2015, 07:51 PM

Ha, too many warts? That's sort of hilarious.

And, where has he sounded like he's retiring? Not sure if you know, but it was already announced last year that he agreed to a multi-year extension. I believe it's for 5 years

kdspurman
03-04-2015, 07:57 PM
Pop is going to step down from coaching soon into some front office position once their future HOFs retire. Bookmark this post and come back to it 4 years from now.

San Antonio will never be a free agent destination, so they will need to build through the draft over many years. He's not going to go through that. They are already whispering Messina in the media as the slated next guy. 3-4 years seems like the logical timeline for him to take over.

Their future HOF's are Duncan/Parker/Ginobili, and Parker is 32, and doubtful to walk away when TP/Manu do. Are you saying he'll walk when they're all done?

The contract he signed was for 5 years last summer, and of course it could shorten, but he has said he enjoys coaching so much and would be bored without it. Wouldn't surprise me if he sticks out another 4-5 years. But yea, that was the whole point of bringing Messina in since Bud left. I don't think it's a coincidence to think he is the likely replacement.

kdspurman
03-04-2015, 07:58 PM
they will stop coming if the winning stops. Until then, players will come. And like it matters. Pops could turn Helen Keller into an elite 3 corner shooter.

Pop, + Chip Engelland. Chip has done amazing things for guys shooting techniques.

beasted86
03-04-2015, 08:05 PM
There is nothing wrong with SA. Low cost of living. Low crime rate. Texas hospitality. You can pretty much travel to the beach whenever. You got Austin in a short drive. You got Dal and hou a short drive if you want to. Texas has pretty much every type of environment possible. Warm weather. The people are great. No media hounding. O and you got on of the best NBA organizations of all time. 7th biggest city in the US. Can you please explain what is wrong with SA?

Are you selling that idea to him or yourself?

Who was the biggest free agent signing you can remember over the last 20 years of the Pop/Buford era? Antonio McDyess? Michael Finley? Like I'm serious here. Those might actually be it. It will be interesting to watch if SA even attempts a free agent signing. But my guess is they won't. They will have to build through the draft.

beasted86
03-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Their future HOF's are Duncan/Parker/Ginobili, and Parker is 32, and doubtful to walk away when TP/Manu do. Are you saying he'll walk when they're all done?

The contract he signed was for 5 years last summer, and of course it could shorten, but he has said he enjoys coaching so much and would be bored without it. Wouldn't surprise me if he sticks out another 4-5 years. But yea, that was the whole point of bringing Messina in since Bud left. I don't think it's a coincidence to think he is the likely replacement.

Yes. Parker is either retired or traded in the 4 year window I gave.

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 08:09 PM

Who was the biggest free agent signing you can remember over the last 20 years of the Pop/Buford era? Antonio McDyess? Michael Finley? Like I'm serious here. Those might actually be it. It will be interesting to watch if SA even attempts a free agent signing. But my guess is they won't. They will have to build through the draft.

We never had cap space and we were never going to let go of duncan robinson manu tony. Who do you expect us to sign with peanuts?

kdspurman
03-04-2015, 08:09 PM
Yes. Parker is either retired or traded in the 4 year window I gave.

fair enough. if he cant recover from this ailing hamstring injury, its a possibily. being traded isnt IMO.

kdspurman
03-04-2015, 08:14 PM

that's what i was saying. FA's dont like coming here. trading/draft will be relied upon for sure.

and Finley , diaw, FAs like that. no one really young in their prime. but, who knows. that could change. someone may break that mold when the big 3 retires. young guys these days want to be "that guy" and that'd be tough with those guys

Avenged
03-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Do they get a prize?

Certainly not any championships for winning consecutive 50 games in seasons :cool:

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 08:16 PM
that's what i was saying. FA's dont like coming here. trading/draft will be relied upon for sure.

and Finley , diaw, FAs like that. no one really young in their prime. but, who knows. that could change. someone may break that mold when the big 3 retires. young guys these days want to be "that guy" and that'd be tough with those guys

You keep ignoring capspace. Does anyone else keep ignoring this lame argument?

kdspurman
03-04-2015, 08:24 PM

im not ignoring cap space. im not saying it cant happen either. i did say that mold can change. im just saying it hasnt happened.

and in all honesty, some stars may not like the spurs "no one is bigger than the game" culture.

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 08:29 PM
im not ignoring cap space. im not saying it cant happen either. i did say that mold can change. im just saying it hasnt happened.

and in all honesty, some stars may not like the spurs "no one is bigger than the game" culture.

True but the biggest reason always boils down to money. They always get better offers from other teams. It rarely comes down to location if anything.

albertajaysfan
03-04-2015, 08:29 PM

I am going to guess Minnesota or Toronto.

kdspurman
03-04-2015, 08:30 PM

BTW, nothing wrong with trading/finding draft/overseas steals either. It's how they landed Kawhi. I think those are safer options to bank on than getting a star to come here. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's good to have fallback options.

The no-tax and weather is certainly a perk there. They also have to have interest in a player, who has the character and mindset to want to be there. Sort of what I alluded to I guess in my last post

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 08:30 PM
FYI All the spurs greats usually stay in san antonio and love it here. There is really nothing wrong with SA as a destination.

beasted86
03-04-2015, 08:35 PM

Well you just seemed to lay out a compelling argument why any free agent would want to go to SA which doesn't only limit is to all-star free agents, that's including guys available for the MLE. We watched the HEAT pickup Battier and Allen in consecutive years with seemingly more left in the tank than Dice and Finley had. Clippers picked up Jamal Crawford for the MLE two years ago, same time Knicks did the same to get JR Smith. Wizards signed Paul Pierce for the MLE. Lakers picked up Ron Artest with the MLE a couple years back.

Just seems different markets are finding more value than SA even without the winning pedigree. Players don't want to live in SA and/or play for Pop even under equal money.

albertajaysfan
03-04-2015, 08:36 PM

I think a better question to ask is if that person has ever been to San Antonio.

beasted86
03-04-2015, 08:43 PM
FYI All the spurs greats usually stay in san antonio and love it here. There is really nothing wrong with SA as a destination.

Well we did watch Rodman get traded away for peanuts and S-Jax and Turkoglu leave and instantly become all-stars with big contracts elsewhere.

I don't think every player wants to go/stay in SA even if money is equal.

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Well you just seemed to lay out a compelling argument why any free agent would want to go to SA which doesn't only limit is to all-star free agents, that's including guys available for the MLE. We watched the HEAT pickup Battier and Allen in consecutive years with seemingly more left in the tank than Dice and Finley had. Clippers picked up Jamal Crawford for the MLE two years ago, same time Knicks did the same to get JR Smith. Wizards signed Paul Pierce for the MLE. Lakers picked up Ron Artest with the MLE a couple years back.

Just seems different markets are finding more value than SA even without the winning pedigree. Players don't want to live in SA and/or play for Pop even under equal money.

We don't do panic moves. We first look at their character. You need character first and talent second. I have never seen the spurs needing the MLE to take them over the hump. They either have it as is or they don't. They understand the MLE isn't worth it most times. They didn't even use the MLE this year. They could have got many players with the MLE but chose to stand pat like they usually do. To them getting better is through team cohesion and not through player acquisition. Different philosophy. The spurs' MLE is used differently than other teams. That player needs to be an exceptional player for us to use it. Typically not going to be worth it most of the time.

kdspurman
03-04-2015, 08:52 PM
Well we did watch Rodman get traded away for peanuts and S-Jax and Turkoglu leave and instantly become all-stars with big contracts elsewhere.

in fairness, just cause someone leaves and gets a big contract doesn't mean you had to keep them or it was a mistake. after jack/turk left, they still did pretty good for themselves.

but they arent really like star players you'd throw $ at, with exception of Rodman, though he was a special character

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 08:56 PM

Rodman getting traded for peanuts is more about the spurs philosophy. He didn't fit the bill and got shipped. We still won even with those players leaving for big contracts. And LOL at those players. Never did anything outside of SA.

beasted86
03-04-2015, 08:58 PM
We don't do panic moves. We first look at their character. You need character first and talent second. I have never seen the spurs needing the MLE to take them over the hump. They either have it as is or they don't. They understand the MLE isn't worth it most times. They didn't even use the MLE this year. They could have got many players with the MLE but chose to stand pat like they usually do. To them getting better is through team cohesion and not through player acquisition. Different philosophy. The spurs' MLE is used differently than other teams. That player needs to be an exceptional player for us to use it. Typically not going to be worth it most of the time.
Look man, I'm not arguing with whatever philosophy you think they use to acquire and maintain the high performing team you guys have. Whatever they are doing they seem to be doing fine.

Just don't try and correct me when I say that the biggest free agent in 20 friggin years is like a half washed up 33? year old Finley and corpse of McDyess, and good all-star players walked away because SA couldn't or didn't want to match their offers elsewhere.

Maybe you'd prefer it if I just worded it as: SA hasn't proven to be a free agent draw once in the past 25+ years of the Robinson/Duncan era.

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 08:59 PM

LOL at all those teams and their current situation besides the clips. If there is one thing I've learned is that you never question the spurs FO.

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Look man, I'm not arguing with whatever philosophy you think they use to acquire and maintain the high performing team you guys have. Whatever they are doing they seem to be doing fine.

Just don't try and correct me when I say that the biggest free agent in 20 friggin years is like a half washed up 33? year old Finley and corpse of McDyess, and good all-star players walked away because SA couldn't or didn't want to match their offers elsewhere.

Maybe you'd prefer it if I just worded it as: SA hasn't proven to be a free agent draw once in the past 25+ years of the Robinson/Duncan era.

add that the cap space has never been there besides the MLE and the spurs usually never use that.

beasted86
03-04-2015, 09:10 PM
LOL at all those teams and their current situation besides the clips. If there is one thing I've learned is that you never question the spurs FO.

Are you like a little kid? I can't tell. You seemed to have an unusually strong homer bias here and are avoiding the crux of my discussion point.

My point was that all of those guys that were signed with the MLE helped their respective teams far more than any player SA has ever used the MLE on, and that money is equal but it doesn't seem to matter.

I don't care about how great of a winning program the Spurs put out. My point from the start was that they will need to build thru the draft because they aren't a FA draw and Pop likely won't stick around for that slow process (he'll move into the front office). You tried to correct me and others as though SA is a prime landing spot and you're wrong based off their complete team history, specifically with this front office group.

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Are you like a little kid? I can't tell. You seemed to have an unusually strong homer bias here and are avoiding the crux of my discussion point.

My point was that all of those guys that were signed with the MLE helped their respective teams far more than any player SA has ever used the MLE on, and that money is equal but it doesn't seem to matter.

I don't care about how great of a winning program the Spurs put out. My point from the start was that they will need to build thru the draft because they aren't a FA draw and Pop likely won't stick around for that slow process (he'll move into the front office). You tried to correct me and others as though SA is a prime landing spot and you're wrong based off their complete team history, specifically with this front office group.

You keep saying this. But the spurs haven't had cap space the last 20 years to actually go after a superstar. Your hypothesis is incorrect. Not getting players for the MLE or peanuts doesn't prove your point and add that the spurs rarely even go after tomato cans.

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 09:28 PM
I can only think of 2 players ducking the spurs and only one was an allstar at the time. I have yet to see a list of all these tomato cans that have chose teams over the spurs so I can see a trend or else, there really isn't much there to begin with.

Hawkeye15
03-04-2015, 09:31 PM

ever been there bud?

Chronz
03-04-2015, 09:36 PM
I remember stars using the Spurs for leverage. Were Kidd and Jermaine Oneal really that close to signing? Were they RFA?

SteveNash
03-04-2015, 09:46 PM

Low cost of living because no one actually wants to live there. Murder rate higher than NY, violent crime rate higher than LA. Texas hospitality: For Whites Only. Oh and you can go to other crappy Texas cities and can go to the beach if you own a helicopter. Don't know why it's so difficult to accept SA isn't a preferred NBA destination.

Ha, too many warts? That's sort of hilarious.

And, where has he sounded like he's retiring? Not sure if you know, but it was already announced last year that he agreed to a multi-year extension. I believe it's for 5 years

Lose like they did against the Grizzlies and your out of the discussion.

...And then there was the Game 6 meltdown.

kdspurman
03-04-2015, 10:04 PM
Low cost of living because no one actually wants to live there. Murder rate higher than NY, violent crime rate higher than LA. Texas hospitality: For Whites Only. Oh and you can go to other crappy Texas cities and can go to the beach if you own a helicopter. Don't know why it's so difficult to accept SA isn't a preferred NBA destination.

still quite confused lol. what about the grizzlies? im confused as to what you consiser warts. game 6 meltdown? if you think those are blemishes on his resume, youre probably alone.

beasted86
03-04-2015, 10:09 PM
I remember stars using the Spurs for leverage. Were Kidd and Jermaine Oneal really that close to signing? Were they RFA?

Gasol this summer with the Bulls for a recent example

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 10:19 PM

http://www.infoplease.com/us/cities/safest-dangerous-cities.html

Well I didn't know LA and NY were safe cities, but that doesn't stop SA from not being just as safe. `
http://www.infoplease.com/us/cities/safest-dangerous-cities.html
SA is predominantly latino/hispanic http://www.sanantonioedf.com/living/demographics/
That texas hospitality is for all humans of all colors. :laugh2:
And the low cost of living is for all of texas. Everyone loves it.
Texas has 5 of the top 10 fastest growing cities in the US including SA at numero 10.
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emeg45eegeg/1-houston-texas-2/

I don't know what you think of SA but you are most definitely wrong.

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Gasol this summer with the Bulls for a recent example

How much did he sign for?

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Spurs only had MLE and wouldn't give him the minutes he wanted. Not a case of him ducking SA cause of location. Not even close.

beasted86
03-04-2015, 10:23 PM
How much did he sign for?

He signed for $7M, but the idea was to sign for the full MLE ($5.3M) if they got Carmelo through a sign and trade.

He wanted the Bulls one way or another, not the team that just won the championship and was offering the same amount despite the heavy rumors.

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 10:31 PM
He signed for $7M, but the idea was to sign for the full MLE ($5.3M) if they got Carmelo through a sign and trade.

He wanted the Bulls one way or another, not the team that just won the championship and was offering the same amount despite the heavy rumors.

He didn't pick skip on SA cause of location though.

kdspurman
03-04-2015, 10:34 PM

Did he want Chicago either way? Its tough to gauge, but seemed like he was genuinely torn between Bulls, Spurs, and OKC. Gotta think $ played some part, especially at his age

SPURSFAN1
03-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Did he want Chicago either way? Its tough to gauge, but seemed like he was genuinely torn between Bulls, Spurs, and OKC. Gotta think $ played some part, especially at his age

Money and championship dreams made his decision for chicago.

beasted86
03-05-2015, 12:49 PM
I think at the end of the day living in LA for 8 years or whatever he wasn't going to leave that lifestyle to downgrade to OKC or SA.

I felt there was always going to be more traction to the Bulls or HEAT (if LeBron stayed) than go to a folks town.

HoopsDrive
03-05-2015, 12:51 PM

:laugh2:

beasted86
03-05-2015, 12:59 PM

The extra money after the fact seemed like a bonus. A "will you still come to Chicago even after missing out on Carmelo?" pot-sweetener.

He likely had every intention to sign for the full MLE with a contender. Like I said he's used to a certain lifestyle and he's still a foreigner. The facts are OKC and SA don't have the level of diversity of a Chicago or Miami.

kdspurman
03-05-2015, 01:28 PM
The extra money after the fact seemed like a bonus. A "will you still come to Chicago even after missing out on Carmelo?" pot-sweetener.

He likely had every intention to sign for the full MLE with a contender. Like I said he's used to a certain lifestyle and he's still a foreigner. The facts are OKC and SA don't have the level of diversity of a Chicago or Miami.

Yea, not denying that last part. I actually thought the fact of him being a foreigner was a plus for SA, with their diverse team & all.