PDA

View Full Version : Time for Houston to Have a Problem with Dwight...

Tony_Starks
03-02-2015, 03:44 PM
For all the benefits Dwight brings defensively I don't think it's worth the problems he brings offensively. Public demanding of the ball if he feels he doesn't have enough touches, liability in crunch time because of free throws, declining health, and penchant for bonehead foul trouble and/or techs which totally disrupt the teams flow at the worst possible moments.

With Harden looking like he's officially in his zone now it should pretty much be his show. As a team I think they'd be better served with some good young serviceable bigs that will play their compliment role and future 1st for Dwight. Not to mention the long term implications considering his health and salary....

chi-townlove1
03-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Houston forum?

foonaka
03-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Now you know why knowledgeable Lakers fans didn't want him in the first place and didn't care when he left. He is horribly overrated and is not worth building a team around. He's a second option, at best.

Tony_Starks
03-02-2015, 04:00 PM
Houston forum?

Nah.

Goose17
03-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Eh. I think Dwight is still serviceable offensively. If anything I think he needs the ball MORE. The more damage he can do inside the more things open up for Houstons perimeter guys, you know Morey loves that three ball, heaven forbid he ever gets an elite three off ball three point threat (I think Ariza was supposed to be that guy?)

With the injuries etc it's hard to judge Dwight right now. I want to see him in the playoffs.

I'm not sure Dwight is worth more to the team as a trade asset than he is as a player. I don't think they would get fair value.

Tony_Starks
03-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Now you know why knowledgeable Lakers fans didn't want him in the first place and didn't care when he left. He is horribly overrated and is not worth building a team around. He's a second option, at best.

True that. My biggest issue isn't that he's a second option but that he's somehow under this delusion that he's a first option and the offense should run through him.

Goose17
03-02-2015, 04:04 PM
He's a second option, at best.

I'm pretty sure that's what they want him to be. Unless you think the legit MVP candidate James Harden should be a second option?

Ariza's Better
03-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Cute

Jazzgear
03-02-2015, 04:15 PM
For all the benefits Dwight brings defensively I don't think it's worth the problems he brings offensively. Public demanding of the ball if he feels he doesn't have enough touches, liability in crunch time because of free throws, declining health, and penchant for bonehead foul trouble and/or techs which totally disrupt the teams flow at the worst possible moments.

With Harden looking like he's officially in his zone now it should pretty much be his show. As a team I think they'd be better served with some good young serviceable bigs that will play their compliment role and future 1st for Dwight. Not to mention the long term implications considering his health and salary....

he he! Of all the wrong moves the Lakers have made the past few seasons, letting Dwight walk is not looking as bad now. It'll be hilarious if he never realizes those 30 or do extra millions he left on the table. I can't imagine him opting out now given his poor health of late, nor Houston maxing him out if he does opt out.😛

Vinylman
03-02-2015, 04:21 PM
Eh. I think Dwight is still serviceable offensively. If anything I think he needs the ball MORE. The more damage he can do inside the more things open up for Houstons perimeter guys, you know Morey loves that three ball, heaven forbid he ever gets an elite three off ball three point threat (I think Ariza was supposed to be that guy?)

With the injuries etc it's hard to judge Dwight right now. I want to see him in the playoffs.

I'm not sure Dwight is worth more to the team as a trade asset than he is as a player. I don't think they would get fair value.

The bolded is funny because its what Portland let Houston do last year in the playoffs and it didn't workout for Houston. Anyone promoting the idea that D12 should get more touches hasn't watched him the last 3 years.

D-Leethal
03-02-2015, 04:24 PM
Why is this a thread when he has been hurt? What prompted this thread?

jimm120
03-02-2015, 04:24 PM
NO player can do it by themselves.

Dwight was by himself in Houston and while he did well there, he couldn't get them over the hump.

It is simple: The more stars on your team, the higher chance you have of winning it all. 3 stars might be too many, but it greatly improves the team's chances of winning a championship. 2 stars is enough.

jimm120
03-02-2015, 04:25 PM

Lets be honest, a lot of Lakers fans "didn't care" he left because it was a really high chance that he was going to leave. BEFORE he got traded to the Lakers, it was said/leaked that he didn't want to be traded there.

dhopisthename
03-02-2015, 04:27 PM
whats wrong with 16-18ppg on 58% shooting?

smith&wesson
03-02-2015, 04:27 PM
I would call chicago and check on the availability of noah and gasol

Jocrazy
03-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Hes definitely not the first option and I would go as far as to say he could probably be a third option when he returns due to D Mo. Dmo definitely has the talent and footwork around the rim to finish at a high percentile.

Now saying that EVERYONE including Dwight knows he is not and never was going to be a 1st option or 1a 2a to harden. I think the only people who dont realize that are the trolls on TNT. Is he a good player though? Of course. Him putting up 18 and 10 with a couple blocks can make any team better. Even if he is becoming more injury prone, Just rest him and save him for the playoffs when he can be the tipping scale for us. Remember he did beast last year vs portland. Hopefully harden can do the same this year with dwight.

Goose17
03-02-2015, 04:33 PM
Anyone promoting the idea that D12 should get more touches hasn't watched him the last 3 years.

Well that's not true, I've watched him and I think he should get more "touches".

The bolded is funny because its what Portland let Houston do last year in the playoffs and it didn't workout for Houston.

You're talking about a single series why? And you could argue he played better than Harden did. I mean even just looking at the basic production

Game 1;
Harden shot 28%(27 points), had 6 assists and 4 turnovers.
Howard shot 42%(27 points), had 15 rebounds and 4 blocks.

Game 2;
Harden shot 31%(18 points), had 4 assists and 5 turnovers.
Howard shot 59%(32 points), had 14 rebounds, 4 blocks.

Game 3;
Harden shot 37%(37 points), had 6 assists and 1 turnover.
Howard shot 62%(24 points), had 14 rebounds and 2 blocks.

Game 4;
Harden shot 42%(28 points), had 6 assists and 5 turnovers.
Howard shot 50%(25 points), had 14 rebounds and 2 blocks.

Game 5;
Harden shot 33%(17 points), had 7 assists and 2 turnovers.
Howard shot 60%(22 points), had 14 rebounds and 3 blocks.

Game 6, Harden was a beast.

Tony_Starks
03-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Anyone promoting the idea that D12 should get more touches hasn't watched him the last 3 years.

Well that's not true, I've watched him and I think he should get more "touches".

The bolded is funny because its what Portland let Houston do last year in the playoffs and it didn't workout for Houston.

You're talking about a single series why? And you could argue he played better than Harden did. I mean even just looking at the basic production

Game 1;
Harden shot 28%(27 points), had 6 assists and 4 turnovers.
Howard shot 42%(27 points), had 15 rebounds and 4 blocks.

Game 2;
Harden shot 31%(18 points), had 4 assists and 5 turnovers.
Howard shot 59%(32 points), had 14 rebounds, 4 blocks.

Game 3;
Harden shot 37%(37 points), had 6 assists and 1 turnover.
Howard shot 62%(24 points), had 14 rebounds and 2 blocks.

Game 4;
Harden shot 42%(28 points), had 6 assists and 5 turnovers.
Howard shot 50%(25 points), had 14 rebounds and 2 blocks.

Game 5;
Harden shot 33%(17 points), had 7 assists and 2 turnovers.
Howard shot 60%(22 points), had 14 rebounds and 3 blocks.

Game 6, Harden was a beast.

I think you're missing the point. Dwight is a guy that you would sit back and give single coverage and basically say I hope he goes for 50 because that means we win the game.

foonaka
03-02-2015, 04:45 PM
Lets be honest, a lot of Lakers fans "didn't care" he left because it was a really high chance that he was going to leave. BEFORE he got traded to the Lakers, it was said/leaked that he didn't want to be traded there.

That's why I said knowledgeable Lakers fans didn't want him in the first place, because he is not as good as he thinks he is.

Greg.
03-02-2015, 04:48 PM
After the game yesterday, this has concerned me (I've actually brought up something like this in our forum and got hammered for it). If he sees how good we're doing with limited Dmo/Smith post ups and he accepts a similar role and plays his usual defense, we would be amazing. We gave up 22 offensive rebounds yesterday and I'd imagine having Dwight would have cut that in half

foonaka
03-02-2015, 04:49 PM
I'm pretty sure that's what they want him to be. Unless you think the legit MVP candidate James Harden should be a second option?

My point was that he should not be above a second option. I'm not even certain he's good enough to be that. He wants to be Shaq, but he will never, ever, ever, ever be that good. Shaq could dominate and drop 60 points any time he felt like it. Dwight should just accept that he's a pretty good defensive player and let those who can score consistently get the ball.

Goose17
03-02-2015, 04:54 PM
I think you're missing the point. Dwight is a guy that you would sit back and give single coverage and basically say I hope he goes for 50 because that means we win the game.

I think people forget how well he passed out of the post in Orlando. Getting touches doesn't always mean scoring. Houston love dem treys.

Tony_Starks
03-02-2015, 05:08 PM

I think people forget how well he passed out of the post in Orlando. Getting touches doesn't always mean scoring. Houston love dem treys.

Those were the days when the threat of Dwight prompted double teams. Those days are long dead....

LAKobeBryant
03-02-2015, 05:13 PM
dwight should stick to his role as a tyson chandler and joakim noah type big man. he is not dominant big man and should not be demanding offensive plays, he had his chance for the last decade.

brandt
03-02-2015, 05:23 PM

Where is all of this coming from? Isn't he hurt? You aren't a Rocket's fan so what you do you mean It's not worth the problems he brings offensively? What do you care? He still averages at least 16 points a game and he doesn't demand the ball and cry about not getting it like he did in Los Angeles, because they were a bad and old team. So again, are you saying all of this just to hate on Howard? Now, if they get kicked out of the first round and he starts whining again, then you have a point. The Rockets will only be better when he comes back though and you know it! There isn't anything they could do about it now even if they wanted to get rid of him, so deal with it!

Blitzbolt
03-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Rockets are a really weird team they could win it all or they could be sweep in the first round.

Tony_Starks
03-02-2015, 06:26 PM
After the game yesterday, this has concerned me (I've actually brought up something like this in our forum and got hammered for it). If he sees how good we're doing with limited Dmo/Smith post ups and he accepts a similar role and plays his usual defense, we would be amazing. We gave up 22 offensive rebounds yesterday and I'd imagine having Dwight would have cut that in half

I've always said if Dwight took a Ben Wallace approach (and I'm not saying he's anywhere near as limited as Big Ben) he'd be dominant. Look at the impact Deandre Jordan is having just crashing boards and swatting shots. With his athleticism Dwight could be 20 boards 5 blocks any given night type guy which would make Houston damn near invincible....

Greg.
03-02-2015, 06:34 PM
I've always said if Dwight took a Ben Wallace approach (and I'm not saying he's anywhere near as limited as Big Ben) he'd be dominant. Look at the impact Deandre Jordan is having just crashing boards and swatting shots. With his athleticism Dwight could be 20 boards 5 blocks any given night type guy which would make Houston damn near invincible....

This basically what I'm thinking. I'm not saying take away all his post ups, cuz he can still contribute there, just not 20+ times a game. I'm holding out hope that him being out this long is a blessing in disguise and this finally reduces his offensive role

eibbor
03-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Houston forum?

haha you are that douche bag that suggest other forums and yet clicked on the post. Good times

eibbor
03-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Not a Houston fan but they could easily lose DH's dead weight.

flea
03-02-2015, 06:41 PM

Not very well. Probably the biggest reason SVG went to the stretch-4 look on a permanent basis was because of Howard's poor passing. Yes it somewhat limited doubles but the biggest problem was always his recognition of the double and inability to play angles. It would have been nice if he and Gortat could have played for any time at all together but it just didn't work.

Goose17
03-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Not very well. Probably the biggest reason SVG went to the stretch-4 look on a permanent basis was because of Howard's poor passing. Yes it somewhat limited doubles but the biggest problem was always his recognition of the double and inability to play angles. It would have been nice if he and Gortat could have played for any time at all together but it just didn't work.

Huh? He was a very solid distributor from the post.

flea
03-02-2015, 07:00 PM

I watched probably 40 games a year of the Magic in Dwight's days. It was hideous. The stats are hideous too (7.4 AST% to a 16.9 TO%). If by "solid distributor" you mean SVG ran a system where his huge passing deficiency was serviceable rather than a constant liability, sure. It's a lot easier to get angles when the floor is spread wide open. And even then, his line is ugly.

LakersIn5
03-02-2015, 07:12 PM

Id rather have dwight than jordan hill, boozer and davis. He was the perfect 3rd option on that team behind kobe and pau. Before kobe tore his achilles the lakers were playing great going 27-12 to close the season with kobe, dwight, pau starting to click

Tony_Starks
03-02-2015, 07:15 PM

This basically what I'm thinking. I'm not saying take away all his post ups, cuz he can still contribute there, just not 20+ times a game. I'm holding out hope that him being out this long is a blessing in disguise and this finally reduces his offensive role

It would show a lot of maturity if he came back with a "let me just blend in" mentality, unfortunately that's never been his strong suit.

But you guys could catch a break as far as if he's still somewhat limited physically when he returns he may be forced to kind of just keep it simple....

Greg.
03-02-2015, 07:18 PM
It would show a lot of maturity if he came back with a "let me just blend in" mentality, unfortunately that's never been his strong suit.

But you guys could catch a break as far as if he's still somewhat limited physically when he returns he may be forced to kind of just keep it simple....

God knows we are due to catch a break... been pretty rough since the championship year :sigh:

Goose17
03-02-2015, 07:31 PM
I watched probably 40 games a year of the Magic in Dwight's days. It was hideous. The stats are hideous too (7.4 AST% to a 16.9 TO%). If by "solid distributor" you mean SVG ran a system where his huge passing deficiency was serviceable rather than a constant liability, sure. It's a lot easier to get angles when the floor is spread wide open. And even then, his line is ugly.

I watched pretty much every Orlando game during his seasons there, with a few exceptions. My mom is/was an Orlando fan. Perhaps I'm wrong. But I always thought the system worked and he worked well in it.

nastynice
03-02-2015, 07:40 PM

that's actually a pretty good point. Altho I wonder how him and Harden playing some 2 man game would work out for them. If Dwight has good IQ and vision, it could work out pretty damn good.

SteveNash
03-02-2015, 09:14 PM
I was right about Dwight all along. Glad to be vindicated yet again.

Now all Houston fans need to realize is that Harden isn't a #1 option either.

PowerHouse
03-02-2015, 09:46 PM

Thats true. A lot of us Laker fans totally knew there was no chance of him re-signing. Thats why I was absolutely livid when the trade deadline came and went and we didnt trade him. I was saying all along that if we didnt trade him he was gonna walk and we get nothing in return.

There might not have been much truth to it but I remember the rumor of the Clippers having interest in moving Blake Griffin (who was having a kinda/sorta down year during the 2012-13 season) for Dwight. If there was truth to it, the Lakers FO must be kicking themselves for not pulling the trigger on that while the Clippers breath a sigh of relief.

Tony_Starks
03-02-2015, 09:58 PM

Thats true. A lot of us Laker fans totally knew there was no chance of him re-signing. Thats why I was absolutely livid when the trade deadline came and went and we didnt trade him. I was saying all along that if we didnt trade him he was gonna walk and we get nothing in return.

There might not have been much truth to it but I remember the rumor of the Clippers having interest in moving Blake Griffin (who was having a kinda/sorta down year during the 2012-13 season) for Dwight. If there was truth to it, the Lakers FO must be kicking themselves for not pulling the trigger on that while the Clippers breath a sigh of relief.

I never understood that either. That showed me the level of Jimmy's incompetence. A) that he couldn't see that Dwight was going to walk and he better get something out of it and B) that he even wanted to max him out in the first place.

ewing
03-02-2015, 11:32 PM

thats exactly what i thought when i saw his post

ewing
03-02-2015, 11:36 PM
I watched pretty much every Orlando game during his seasons there, with a few exceptions. My mom is/was an Orlando fan. Perhaps I'm wrong. But I always thought the system worked and he worked well in it.

of course the system worked well. they were a very good team. It worked well despite D12 being a terrible passer

kobe4thewinbang
03-02-2015, 11:47 PM
Dwight's injuries are concerning, that's for sure. He needs to have a good playoffs and healthy next season, or it is time to trade him away.

Jocrazy
03-03-2015, 12:04 AM
I was right about Dwight all along. Glad to be vindicated yet again.

Now all Houston fans need to realize is that Harden isn't a #1 option either.

Please put down whatever it is you are smoking or shooting and call 911 immediately.! They will help you.

Ariza's Better
03-03-2015, 12:37 AM
So, I usually just let these threads go but I want to point something out, only once in Howard's stint in Houston has he been the number 1 option and has said he needed more touches, that was last year in the playoffs when he needed to. Other than that he has never been the number 1 option in houston. No one in Houston, the media (as far as I know) and PSD is claiming he should also be the number 1 option.
Also in regards to the original post, boneheaded tech fouls and fouls have never been the problem and his free throws problems can be overcome.
So I have a question, why is this a thread?

xxplayerxx23
03-03-2015, 12:46 AM
Houston will go nowhere without Dwight who cares if he isn't a #1 option? Harden is their #1 (although I want to see better % in the playoffs) Dwight is an animal defensively a solid rebounder sure his post moves are meh but he still gives you 16+ a night

brandt
03-03-2015, 01:08 AM
Houston will go nowhere without Dwight who cares if he isn't a #1 option? Harden is their #1 (although I want to see better % in the playoffs) Dwight is an animal defensively a solid rebounder sure his post moves are meh but he still gives you 16+ a night

So is that why they have been going nowhere without him a huge portion of the season AND currently, beating good teams such as the Clippers, Cavs and Raptors recently?

Vinylman
03-03-2015, 09:57 AM

yep ... he totally missed the point... not surprised

Vinylman
03-03-2015, 09:59 AM

what is funny is when you guys were signing him I posted that you shouldn't waste money on him because Asik was more than serviceable and you could have spent that money on a wing player... funny how it works out...

RLundi
03-03-2015, 10:07 AM

No, he was pretty bad in the post passing it back out to the perimeter. It worked because the spacing was good, but when there was pressure he often turned it over.

Verbal Christ
03-03-2015, 02:22 PM
what is funny is when you guys were signing him I posted that you shouldn't waste money on him because Asik was more than serviceable and you could have spent that money on a wing player... funny how it works out...

LOL you mean the money that was spent on Ariza? Asik had his chance before Dwight was signed, he is clueless on the offensive side of the ball. Curious how this team is where it is with all the bad signings huh? Funny how it works out. Dwight will be the catalyst for this team, not the hindrance.

http://grantland.com/features/department-of-defense/

and spotlight Dwight Howards graphic: https://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/interior1152.jpg

He is perfect for this system. When he is healthy he is exponentially a better player than Asik and I dont think its even a debate. Its not your money what difference does it make if he gets paid 20/yr? Is it holding the Rockets back any?

Vinylman
03-03-2015, 02:50 PM
LOL you mean the money that was spent on Ariza? Asik had his chance before Dwight was signed, he is clueless on the offensive side of the ball. Curious how this team is where it is with all the bad signings huh? Funny how it works out. Dwight will be the catalyst for this team, not the hindrance.

http://grantland.com/features/department-of-defense/

and spotlight Dwight Howards graphic: https://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/interior1152.jpg

He is perfect for this system. When he is healthy he is exponentially a better player than Asik and I dont think its even a debate. Its not your money what difference does it make if he gets paid 20/yr? Is it holding the Rockets back any?

Houston fans are comically defensive... its like short mans syndrome or something....

D12 is and always will be bad value in terms of his contract... Asik at 8.3 versus Howard at 20 is a no brainer if you spend the money saved on an elite wing.

Enjoy your team come playoff time... it will be another year of what could have beens

brandt
03-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Houston fans are comically defensive... its like short mans syndrome or something....

D12 is and always will be bad value in terms of his contract... Asik at 8.3 versus Howard at 20 is a no brainer if you spend the money saved on an elite wing.

Enjoy your team come playoff time... it will be another year of what could have beens

We get defensive because a holes like you bash our team for no reason when they are sitting pretty as the 4th best team in the nba. Are you going to tell me that they just got there by luck? Maybe a little bit, but no more than any other team. Plus, houston is in the west and they are still a 3Rd seed without Howard. Who is your team? Probably someone like New York. Let me bash them for a while just for the sake of bashing them. I wouldn't think you would like that too much would you?

Vinylman
03-03-2015, 04:40 PM
We get defensive because a holes like you bash our team for no reason when they are sitting pretty as the 4th best team in the nba. Are you going to tell me that they just got there by luck? Maybe a little bit, but no more than any other team. Plus, houston is in the west and they are still a 3Rd seed without Howard. Who is your team? Probably someone like New York. Let me bash them for a while just for the sake of bashing them. I wouldn't think you would like that too much would you?

another perfect example...

where did i BASH the rockets? My original post was me agreeing with a Rocket fans post...

Like i said... quit being defensive... it's an ugly trait

As for the Rockets I haven't seen anything this year that makes me think they will have a different result than last years playoffs...

brandt
03-03-2015, 05:45 PM
another perfect example...

where did i BASH the rockets? My original post was me agreeing with a Rocket fans post...

Like i said... quit being defensive... it's an ugly trait

As for the Rockets I haven't seen anything this year that makes me think they will have a different result than last years playoffs...

I guarantee you we aren't the only fans that get upset when people trash their team. You may not have trashed our team, so I might have over reacted a little. But It's only because we CONSTANTLY hear our team being trashed for what I believe to be for no reason. The fact that the title "Time for Houston to have a problem with Dwight" was posted for the reasons listed, is obvious he is just doing it to hate on Dwight. Dwight hasn't even been playing, he's been hurt for almost a month and this guy decides to post this now? My guess is that he is probably a Lakers fan and mad that Dwight left. Dwight has never demanded the ball this year like the original poster said and he also said that his offense isn't worth keeping him for the problems he brings. Dwight only demanded the ball like that and cried about it because he was playing for a crappy Lakers team at the time. Someone who scores 16 points a game and hasn't even played half the time is pretty good to me. All of those other things he listed off like liability in crunch time because of free throws, declining health, and penchant for bonehead foul trouble and/or techs, come with a lot of good players. He is good enough to where those things don't matter as much. His declining health is honestly the only thing that I don't like about him, but he's played forever, that happens.

So you haven't seen anything to make this team better? They are a 3rd seeded team right now in the WEST. They weren't anywhere close to that last year at this time. They got Ariza, Patterson and (Josh Smith for nothing). They are all playing way better combined than the 3 guys they lost last year in Lin, Asik, and Parsons. Again they are the 4th best team right now out of the entire NBA. So if they some how pull off a 4th seed position or better they will get home court advantage which they didn't have last year. That means everything in the playoffs.

I will be as defensive as I want to be no matter how ugly of a trait it may be. Do you actually think people aren't going to be defensive on this site???

Vinylman
03-03-2015, 06:02 PM
I guarantee you we aren't the only fans that get upset when people trash their team. You may not have trashed our team, so I might have over reacted a little. But It's only because we CONSTANTLY hear our team being trashed for what I believe to be for no reason. The fact that the title "Time for Houston to have a problem with Dwight" was posted for the reasons listed, is obvious he is just doing it to hate on Dwight. Dwight hasn't even been playing, he's been hurt for almost a month and this guy decides to post this now? My guess is that he is probably a Lakers fan and mad that Dwight left. Dwight has never demanded the ball this year like the original poster said and he also said that his offense isn't worth keeping him for the problems he brings. Dwight only demanded the ball like that and cried about it because he was playing for a crappy Lakers team at the time. Someone who scores 16 points a game and hasn't even played half the time is pretty good to me. All of those other things he listed off like liability in crunch time because of free throws, declining health, and penchant for bonehead foul trouble and/or techs, come with a lot of good players. He is good enough to where those things don't matter as much. His declining health is honestly the only thing that I don't like about him, but he's played forever, that happens.

So you haven't seen anything to make this team better? They are a 3rd seeded team right now in the WEST. They weren't anywhere close to that last year at this time. They got Ariza, Patterson and (Josh Smith for nothing). They are all playing way better combined than the 3 guys they lost last year in Lin, Asik, and Parsons. Again they are the 4th best team right now out of the entire NBA. So if they some how pull off a 4th seed position or better they will get home court advantage which they didn't have last year. That means everything in the playoffs.

I will be as defensive as I want to be no matter how ugly of a trait it may be. Do you actually think people aren't going to be defensive on this site???

Houston was a 4 seed in the west last year and now a 3 seed

Of course that could all change... Houston is only 2.5 games from being a 6 seed in the west.

The real question is what is going to be different in the playoffs this year when teams again double Harden?

Not much imo

brandt
03-03-2015, 06:15 PM
Houston was a 4 seed in the west last year and now a 3 seed

Of course that could all change... Houston is only 2.5 games from being a 6 seed in the west.

The real question is what is going to be different in the playoffs this year when teams again double Harden?

Not much imo

We'll see. He's been doubled before though and they figured it out. Just because Harden is their best player doesn't mean other guys can't step it up if he gets double teamed. And if Dwight, Beverly, T Jones amongst others are left alone, they are good enough to make it happen.

Greg.
03-03-2015, 06:35 PM
I would say our defense is a pretty big difference from last year...