PDA

View Full Version : Rank the top 8 teams in the West

Ty Fast
02-28-2015, 11:22 PM
When healthy how do you rank the top 8 teams out west?

goingfor28
02-28-2015, 11:25 PM
GS
Mem
OKC
Dal
LAC
Hou
SA
Por

Sadds The Gr8
02-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Okc
GS
Mem
SA
Por
LAC
Hou
Dal

Lakers + Giants
02-28-2015, 11:38 PM
1. Okc
2. Sas
3. Gsw
4. Mem
5. Dal
6. Hou
7. Por
8. Lac

sens#11fan
02-28-2015, 11:39 PM
1. OKC
2. MEM
3. GS/SA
4. SA/GS
5. POR
6. Dal
7. LAC
8. HOU

Tony_Starks
02-28-2015, 11:41 PM
GS
Memphis
OKC
Portland
Spurs
Clippers
Rockets
Mavs

Lakers + Giants
02-28-2015, 11:55 PM
Out of the 5 rankings so far, the rockets:

6th
7th
6th
8th
7th

I see none of us are true believers in em.

mngopher35
03-01-2015, 12:02 AM
Gs
Okc
Memphis
Sa
Houston
Portland
Clippers
Dallas

Minimal
03-01-2015, 12:04 AM
OKC getting overrated a little bit I see

jerellh528
03-01-2015, 12:16 AM
Gs
Mem
Okc
Sas
Dal
Lac
Hou
Port

rhino17
03-01-2015, 12:22 AM
Out of the 5 rankings so far, the rockets:

6th
7th
6th
8th
7th

I see none of us are true believers in em.
which is dumb because they are not healthy and have still consistently had the 3rd best record in the west all season

I would rank the teams as they are in the standings currently, with the exception of OKC who is the only team who's standing is a bit skewed because of injuries

Clippersfan86
03-01-2015, 02:45 AM
Wait you guys think Dallas and Spurs are better than the Clippers this year lol? Clippers are the 2nd best team in the NBA statistically. I'd have them at 3rd or 4th in west at worst after healthy GS, OKC, Mem. They would smoke Mavs, Rockets, Blazers in a series and toss up vs SA.

tredigs
03-01-2015, 03:07 AM
Nearly everyone has the San Antonio Spurs outside of the top 3 in their own conference when healthy after what we saw go down last season (well, all decade), and I can actually understand their argument. That's scary.

tredigs
03-01-2015, 03:15 AM
If everyone's entering the post-season at 100%, I'm probably laying the odds for each team to reach the finals something like this:

GSW: 7-2
OKC: 4-1
SAS: 9-2
MEM: 9-2
LAC: 11-2

HOU: 9-1
POR: 9-1
DAL: 13-1

I think it's very unlikely that any of the bottom 3 here make it to the finals, but it's tough to give any of my top 5 teams much better than a 30% chance or much worse than 20%. The road is absurdly tough.

brandt
03-01-2015, 03:29 AM
which is dumb because they are not healthy and have still consistently had the 3rd best record in the west all season

I would rank the teams as they are in the standings currently, with the exception of OKC who is the only team who's standing is a bit skewed because of injuries

Not to mention the Rockets have the 4th best record out of all 30 teams, WITHOUT Howard. PSD posters actually giving the Rockets credit where credit is due, is like saying Ron Jeremy has a small penis.

tredigs
03-01-2015, 03:44 AM
Howard's* still played more minutes this year than Bogut. Not as if he's been out all season. I just trust MEM/GSW/OKC in a playoff series against them pretty heavily, and they'll have to run through at least one of them to get to the finals.

rhino17
03-01-2015, 04:30 AM
Howard's* still played more minutes this year than Bogut. Not as if he's been out all season. I just trust MEM/GSW/OKC in a playoff series against them pretty heavily, and they'll have to run through at least one of them to get to the finals.
Bogut has played in almost 10 more games than Howard

move along, now

and comparing the impact of those 2 is beyond dumb

Goose17
03-01-2015, 04:35 AM

move along, now

Bogut is one of the main cogs in our offense and the anchor of our defense. His impact cannot be emphasised enough.

tredigs
03-01-2015, 04:58 AM

move along, now

10 games more. That tells you how limited Bogut's minutes have been in the games he's played. Also, I'd argue Bogut is easily better than Howard.

D-Leethal
03-01-2015, 11:09 AM
Gsw
sas
okc
mem
por
dal
hou
lac

Goose17
03-01-2015, 11:17 AM
OKC and Spurs need to be higher. That's all that changes. The seeding right now is a pretty good reflection of who the top teams are (who would've imagined)

mightybosstone
03-01-2015, 11:33 AM
1. Golden State
2. Memphis
3. Oklahoma City
4. Los Angeles Clippers
5. Houston
6. San Antonio
7. Portland
8. Dallas

I've seen a lot of people give Dallas way too much credit. Since acquiring Rondo, the Mavs are 20-14, good enough for a 59% win percentage and would rank them ahead of only injury riddle OKC. Although I also think OKC is getting a little too much credit. I saw Houston play OKC when they were healthy in Houston, and the Rockets blew them out of the stadium.

I'm also not sold on San Antonio being the same team they were the last two seasons. Sure, Leonard is producing more this year and Duncan is essentially the same guy as last season. But both Parker and Ginobili are playing some really pedestrian basketball this year. Unless those two guys pick it up down the stretch and in the playoffs, I seriously think they're getting bumped in the first round.

mightybosstone
03-01-2015, 11:46 AM
10 games more. That tells you how limited Bogut's minutes have been in the games he's played. Also, I'd argue Bogut is easily better than Howard.

No. No, he's not. For starters, Bogut is playing 24 minutes per game. That's role player status in my book. Even a 92-year-old Duncan still players 30 minutes a game. Defensively, it's probably a toss up. I'd probably take Bogut as a one-on-one defender in the low post, but I'd take Dwight for his versatility and ability to play help defense. Dwight's also better on the glass.

But offensively, this isn't even up for debate. Sure, Bogut is a pretty good passer for a big man, and that's an underrated skill. Aside from that, what kind of argument can you possibly muster? Dwight's TS% is a good 3% higher and his usage and points per 36 are nearly twice what Bogut's are. And Dwight's two biggest weaknesses on this end (turnovers and free throws) are also Bogut's two biggest weaknesses statistically. Hell, I was stunned to see that Bogut's TO% this season was substantially higher than Dwight's. And that's really saying something.

And it's worth noting that this the banged up version of Dwight Howard that has played only 32 games this season. If he comes back relatively healthy and plays at the level he did a season ago, that guy is leaps and bounds better than Bogut.

Vee-Rex
03-01-2015, 11:46 AM
1. Thunder
2. Grizzlies
3. Warriors
4. Spurs
5. Clippers
6. Rockets
7. Trailblazers
8. Mavericks

mightybosstone
03-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Someone is also going to have to explain to me why the Clippers are ranked so low on so many lists. They have the second highest point differential in the conference, and their series against OKC last season was practically a coin flip series. When healthy, that's one of the three or four most dangerous teams in the conference.

Vee-Rex
03-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Someone is also going to have to explain to me why the Clippers are ranked so low on so many lists. They have the second highest point differential in the conference, and their series against OKC last season was practically a coin flip series. When healthy, that's one of the three or four most dangerous teams in the conference.

They're kind of interchangeable for me with the Spurs. A fully healthy Spurs team in the playoffs is very dangerous and I think too many people are sleeping on them. Everyone's looking at Parker and Ginobili but forget to think about how difficult it is to defeat Pop in a 7-game series. That finals run last year had Popovich's imprint all over it.

Coaching matters much more in the playoffs than the regular season.

mightybosstone
03-01-2015, 12:08 PM
They're kind of interchangeable for me with the Spurs. A fully healthy Spurs team in the playoffs is very dangerous and I think too many people are sleeping on them. Everyone's looking at Parker and Ginobili but forget to think about how difficult it is to defeat Pop in a 7-game series. That finals run last year had Popovich's imprint all over it.

Coaching matters much more in the playoffs than the regular season.

Yeah, but let's not forget that from 2007-13, the Spurs went five years without a Finals appearance. They had the same coach those seasons as they do now. So it's clearly not just about coaching. It's more about personnel and the level those players are at in the postseason. Right now, some of the Spurs more important pieces are just playing like shells of their former selves. I don't think great coaching can overcome that. For them to advance to the second round, those guys have got to play a hell of a lot better.

rhino17
03-01-2015, 12:15 PM
Bogut is one of the main cogs in our offense and the anchor of our defense. His impact cannot be emphasised enough.

That tells you that Bogut is a fringe starter and a role player, while Howard is an all-nba talent

That would be the equivalent of me comparing Pat Beverly missing so many games to steph curry playing almost the entire season

I think a lot of people think the Clippers have hit a wall. They aren't getting any better than they have been over the past couple seasons and they haven't made a whole lotta changes in that time. Everyone knows they are good, but just not good enough to win maybe more than one series. A lot of the other teams have gone through substantial changes (Houston, Dallas, OKC, GSW) so some people might think their ceiling is a but higher because its more of an unknown

DanG
03-01-2015, 12:35 PM
1. OKC
2. Warriors
3. Grizzlies
4. Spurs
5. Clippers
6. Rockets
7. Mavericks (19-15 against the west)
8. Portland (20-13 against the west)

IMO a series between the first four could go either way and LAC and HOU only have a real chance against SAS.

bleedprple&gold
03-01-2015, 01:04 PM
I hope OKC gets healthy and moves up from the 8th seed. I don't want to see Warriors - Thunder in the first round. That's more of a conference finals worthy matchup.

curtcocaine
03-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Id take a healthy Howard over a heathy Bogut any day.

ManRam
03-01-2015, 01:37 PM
1. Golden State - Beatable, but no team has a better blend of depth, offense and defense

2. Oklahoma City - These top-5 are all so close, but I'd give KD, Russ and Serge, with some decent depth now, the nod

3. Houston - Howard healthy is the key, but I hate assuming that at this point. When he was healthy he was having a great year and looking like a top-3 center. They have a lot more quality depth now than they did to start the season. Terrence Jones is balling, Motie and Brewer show real flashses, Bevs is getting healthy and Ariza has found his shot. Smith is fine as a 6th/7th man. It's a very balanced starting 5 with some considerable offensive power coming off the bench. Harden buying into defense makes a ton of difference too

4. Memphis - No explanation needed, but if Green were playing better I'd consider them at 3.

5. Los Angeles Clippers - Too weak defensively, no two-way players at the wings. Regardless of the stars, they have more holes than the top-4

6. Portland - I've been low on them in year's past but they've shored up defensively and have a little better depth. Those were always my main complaints, so I'm willing to believe in them a little more now.

7. San Antonio - I think TP is washed, and I'm not one who has written off the Spurs in the past. He just looks bad out there. This is the worst offensive Spurs team we've seen in over a decade. Unless they get ridiculously hot from three I don't think they're talented enough any more. Getting hot is always possible, and I hate dismissing Pops and Tim, but yeah. I'm worried I'm finally sleeping on them, but I feel better about that than ever.

8. Dallas - Rondo is a dumpster fire and Dirk just isn't quite Dirk any more. A very good team, but the other 7 are just better. I'd take Dallas over all but 2 of the EC teams.

valade16
03-01-2015, 02:23 PM
The Blazers when healthy had the 2nd best record in the west. Even with injuries they are 4th in the west standings, 5th in Hollinger's rankings for the west, have the 3rd highest margin of victory in the west, are 4th in SRS and still field a Top 10 offense and defense, plus have added a high impact player to their bench.

Of course everybody has them ranked 6 or lower...

tredigs
03-01-2015, 02:23 PM
No. No, he's not. For starters, Bogut is playing 24 minutes per game. That's role player status in my book. Even a 92-year-old Duncan still players 30 minutes a game. Defensively, it's probably a toss up. I'd probably take Bogut as a one-on-one defender in the low post, but I'd take Dwight for his versatility and ability to play help defense. Dwight's also better on the glass.

But offensively, this isn't even up for debate. Sure, Bogut is a pretty good passer for a big man, and that's an underrated skill. Aside from that, what kind of argument can you possibly muster? Dwight's TS% is a good 3% higher and his usage and points per 36 are nearly twice what Bogut's are. And Dwight's two biggest weaknesses on this end (turnovers and free throws) are also Bogut's two biggest weaknesses statistically. Hell, I was stunned to see that Bogut's TO% this season was substantially higher than Dwight's. And that's really saying something.

And it's worth noting that this the banged up version of Dwight Howard that has played only 32 games this season. If he comes back relatively healthy and plays at the level he did a season ago, that guy is leaps and bounds better than Bogut.

The reason he's playing 24 mpg is because Kerr is handling him with extreme care, trying to ensure his health for the playoffs (so far, so good). The argument I would make is that his bbiq absolutely smashes Dwight's. He plays within the GS system brilliantly - he understands ball movement at a high level and knows when and where to set backdoor picks, how to properly pass out of the high post (Dwight is so painful to watch here), and simply doesn't eat up possessions needing the ball in low post ISO looking for his own shot. Offensively, it's truly all we want out of a center who's in an elite system; somebody who buys in and understands their role + can execute it. And defensively, he's an absolute monster. His ISO skills on that end crush Dwight's at this point, and his weakside help in the paint against slashers is also elite; that's where having a better block% than Dwight every year of the last decade has come in. He also crushes Dwight in BPM, RPM, VORP, etc. When he's on the court, he's proven to be much more important than when Dwight is on the court. Simple as that. Not surprising to me that in the 14 games he hasn't played we've lost half the games we have all season. The only "can't lose" player outside of Curry on the squad.

Clippersfan86
03-01-2015, 02:34 PM

Yup. In fact 2nd best SRS in ENTIRE NBA. Better than Hawks and Cavs. Clippers actually outplayed OKC overall. One game they choked last two min horribly and another game refs really screwed them late. With the Sterling drama just coming out the team just wasn't focused.

I'd understand people not fully believing in them but ranking them bottom of lists?

sens#11fan
03-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Yup. In fact 2nd best SRS in ENTIRE NBA. Better than Hawks and Cavs. Clippers actually outplayed OKC overall. One game they choked last two min horribly and another game refs really screwed them late. With the Sterling drama just coming out the team just wasn't focused.

I'd understand people not fully believing in them but ranking them bottom of lists?

That maybe so but OKC improved significantly since the trade deadline. I had LAC to be a top 3/4 team at the beginning of the season but they've been kinda inconsistent this year, even with the presence of Blake. I have GS around 3/4 because of last years performance, I think OKC, Mem, Sa should be the favorites because of their accomplishments over the past few seasons, on a consistent basis.

Clippersfan86
03-01-2015, 02:51 PM
That maybe so but OKC improved significantly since the trade deadline. I had LAC to be a top 3/4 team at the beginning of the season but they've been kinda inconsistent this year, even with the presence of Blake. I have GS around 3/4 because of last years performance, I think OKC, Mem, Sa should be the favorites because of their accomplishments over the past few seasons, on a consistent basis.

Thing is SRS/Differential ARE about consistency. Clippers are consistently the 2nd most productive team in the NBA this year, despite the record. Now does that mean I'm claiming that's what they actually rank? No. I think it's more like they are the 4th or 5th best team in the NBA or something overall. Spurs are there most of the time, but this year it's different. You can really tell they have finally hit that wall. Parker looks like a scrub and it's now March and they are what 7 seed?

When was the last time the Spurs were 6 or 7 seed in March? 15 years? The only teams I'm confident could beat the Clippers in a playoff series out west this year are GS/Mem. OKC fully healthy could push them to 6 or 7 and maybe win, but I think Clips have small edge. Rockets/Blazers/Mavs/Spurs all formidable, but vs the Clippers they match up bad.

kdspurman
03-01-2015, 02:52 PM
I always enjoy these discussions :)

Clippersfan86
03-01-2015, 02:55 PM
I agree with you.. shitbag GM Doc Rivers did NOTHING to improve the team, while Rockets/Grizzlies/Thunder/Blazers all made moves to improve. Thing is when healthy and playing at their peak, Clippers AS STANDS can still hang with those teams. I mean this week for example. Clippers smoked Grizzlies by 20 IN MEMPHIS without Griffin who had won 7 straight at home and a few days before that only lost by 3 in a game where Memphis shot triple the FT IN LA. DJ is blossoming into a LEGIT unquestionable superstar, averaging nearly 20/20 in two weeks without Griffin and I think Griffin being out showed what he's capable of. Now you add healthy Griffin to that and the Clippers have 3 LEGIT superstars. With that firepower, anything can happen. The key is going to be for the bench to not be so fu**ing inconsistent, along with the defense. Sometimes the defense is insanely good, other times insanely bad.

The Clippers just beat Spurs, Rockets, Grizzlies, Mavs WITHOUT Griffin in the last week and a half or so. Oh forgot to mention Clippers have the the 2nd best record vs the West at 25-10, just ahead of Memphis and behind GS by two wins.

Clippersfan86
03-01-2015, 02:56 PM
I always enjoy these discussions :)

Really though. Tell me when last time you guys were 6th or 7th seed in March? I guarantee you at least 12+ years.

Goose17
03-01-2015, 03:07 PM
Really though. Tell me when last time you guys were 6th or 7th seed in March? I guarantee you at least 12+ years.

Have you seen the injuries they've had to put up with this year? That combined with Parker playing well below his usual standards, in the tough West? It was bound to go this way.

People sleeping on San Antonio, again. It's the same thing every year and every year people get their minds blown by how productive they are during the post season.

Healthy Spurs > Every team in the West aside from two.

kdspurman
03-01-2015, 03:08 PM

Dude, I explained in length to you in previous thread (and you failed to reply)

Brutal December schedule + injuries play a big reason why they're this low. The question is, if healthy.... They just got everyone back like right before the ASB. If you want to think what you've seen is who they are, that's fair. I just know its not. I highly doubt they stay 7th. I'm not saying they're the best, but records can be deceiving.

And BTW, to answer your question, they were the 7th seed in 2010 playoffs.(swept by suns in the 2nd rnd)

astrosmaniac
03-01-2015, 03:12 PM
I agree with you.. shitbag GM Doc Rivers did NOTHING to improve the team, while Rockets/Grizzlies/Thunder/Blazers all made moves to improve. Thing is when healthy and playing at their peak, Clippers AS STANDS can still hang with those teams. I mean this week for example. Clippers smoked Grizzlies by 20 IN MEMPHIS without Griffin who had won 7 straight at home and a few days before that only lost by 3 in a game where Memphis shot triple the FT IN LA. DJ is blossoming into a LEGIT unquestionable superstar, averaging nearly 20/20 in two weeks without Griffin and I think Griffin being out showed what he's capable of. Now you add healthy Griffin to that and the Clippers have 3 LEGIT superstars. With that firepower, anything can happen. The key is going to be for the bench to not be so fu**ing inconsistent, along with the defense. Sometimes the defense is insanely good, other times insanely bad.

The Clippers just beat Spurs, Rockets, Grizzlies, Mavs WITHOUT Griffin in the last week and a half or so. Oh forgot to mention Clippers have the the 2nd best record vs the West at 25-10, just ahead of Memphis and behind GS by two wins.
and then got beat by houston without dwight on wednesday. just trying to make sure all facts are reported :p

Clippersfan86
03-01-2015, 03:13 PM
Dude, I explained in length to you in previous thread (and you failed to reply)

Brutal December schedule + injuries play a big reason why they're this low. The question is, if healthy.... They just got everyone back like right before the ASB. If you want to think what you've seen is who they are, that's fair. I just know its not. I highly doubt they stay 7th. I'm not saying they're the best, but records can be deceiving.

And BTW, to answer your question, they were the 7th seed in 2010 playoffs.(swept by suns in the 2nd rnd)

I missed it, sorry. That's interesting that it was just 2010. Overall though, it seems like a very rare predicament for the Spurs. We've agreed they won't stay 7th, but I don't see them moving above 5 ish and do you like their odds at that spot to advance, or at least go far?

Clippersfan86
03-01-2015, 03:15 PM
and then got beat by houston without dwight on wednesday. just trying to make sure all facts are reported :p

I'm not knocking the Rockets at all. Just speaking purely in terms of H2H. You can have that win if you mention that the Clippers swept the Rockets the last two seasons prior (maybe you guys got one and I forgot). Last 3 seasons the series is something like 11-3 Clippers. Even Mightyboss admits it's a bad matchup. Doesn't mean Rockets aren't a great team or scary. As we all know, the west is about matchups.

astrosmaniac
03-01-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm not knocking the Rockets at all. Just speaking purely in terms of H2H. You can have that win if you mention that the Clippers swept the Rockets the last two seasons prior (maybe you guys got one and I forgot). Last 3 seasons the series is something like 11-3 Clippers. Even Mightyboss admits it's a bad matchup. Doesn't mean Rockets aren't a great team or scary. As we all know, the west is about matchups.

no i completely agree. the 3 teams i dont want in a matchup are GS (obvious reasons why), Clips (horrible H2H matchup) and OKC (2 top 5-10 players looking to send a message? plus the whole harden-okc storyline? pass). The other 4 teams i feel like houston can beat in a 7 game series, although i could see anyone but dallas beating us. The west is just that stacked.

My comment was all in good fun, just if you wanted to use a victory of houston within the last two weeks to strengthen your argument then it's only fair to bring up the loss in a more recent matchup

kdspurman
03-01-2015, 03:21 PM
I missed it, sorry. That's interesting that it was just 2010. Overall though, it seems like a very rare predicament for the Spurs. We've agreed they won't stay 7th, but I don't see them moving above 5 ish and do you like their odds at that spot to advance, or at least go far?

I don't think 3rd or 4th is out of the question just yet. They start a 6 game home stand now, 3 of which are non playoff teams. And only 2 b2b's this month. This stretch will be more telling than what they've been doing, this is normally when they peak

Its all about matchups though. The 1 matchup I'd really hate is OKC and that doesn't look possible at this point in time.

Clippersfan86
03-01-2015, 03:24 PM
no i completely agree. the 3 teams i dont want in a matchup are GS (obvious reasons why), Clips (horrible H2H matchup) and OKC (2 top 5-10 players looking to send a message? plus the whole harden-okc storyline? pass). The other 4 teams i feel like houston can beat in a 7 game series, although i could see anyone but dallas beating us. The west is just that stacked.

My comment was all in good fun, just if you wanted to use a victory of houston within the last two weeks to strengthen your argument then it's only fair to bring up the loss in a more recent matchup

Agreed. I love the Brewer addition for you guys BTW. Seems like he's really helped you guys win 2-3 games at least.

Clippersfan86
03-01-2015, 03:25 PM
I don't think 3rd or 4th is out of the question just yet. They start a 6 game home stand now, 3 of which are non playoff teams. And only 2 b2b's this month. This stretch will be more telling than what they've been doing, this is normally when they peak

Its all about matchups though. The 1 matchup I'd really hate is OKC and that doesn't look possible at this point in time.

I guess we will see soon enough how final seeding shakes out. Memphis and Portland lately are dropping, so maybe other teams can catch em.

kdspurman
03-01-2015, 03:29 PM
I guess we will see soon enough how final seeding shakes out. Memphis and Portland lately are dropping, so maybe other teams can catch em.

Yea. All it takes is a little 3-4 game skid

Chronz
03-01-2015, 03:32 PM
OKC
GSW

LAC - Their offense is elite and they are coasting defensively. They have another gear IMO.

Memphis
SAS - Its on Tony Parker and Manu to up their games.
POR
Houston - If Dwight were the old Dwight, I would have them higher but I dont know if that guy exists anymore.
Pelicans

DAL

Clippersfan86
03-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Yea. All it takes is a little 3-4 game skid

What sucks about the west is teams never go on big losing streaks :(. So if anyone gets say a 10 game lead on the conference like GS, it becomes impossible to catch them. Like recently Clippers won 6 or 7 in a row and only moved up 1 seed because the teams ahead of them kept winning too.

kdspurman
03-01-2015, 03:42 PM
What sucks about the west is teams never go on big losing streaks :(. So if anyone gets say a 10 game lead on the conference like GS, it becomes impossible to catch them. Like recently Clippers won 6 or 7 in a row and only moved up 1 seed because the teams ahead of them kept winning too.

Yea... Its tough. Idk what some of these other teams remaining schedules look like, but anything can happen. Teams go through dry spells

Clippersfan86
03-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Yea... Its tough. Idk what some of these other teams remaining schedules look like, but anything can happen. Teams go through dry spells

Only two I know is Clippers schedule continues to be super difficult till end of season, Spurs gets easier as you said. That's another thing I'm sick of. Clippers get more 7 game road trips than anyone in NBA. Lakers for example their biggest road trip this year was 4 or 5 games.. Clippers have had 3 I believe that were 7 already. Including something absurd like 17 of 20 opponents coming out of all star weekend being playoff seeded teams (most in west). It's fu**ing ridiculous.

nastynice
03-01-2015, 03:48 PM
1. Memphis
2. GSW
3. OKC

4. Portland
5. LAC

6. Dalls
7.Spurs

8. Houston

So tough, all teams are within throwing distance of one another, 1-8. This is how I would rank them if we were starting the playoffs today. But I kinda grouped them, those in the same bunch are probably interchangable.

I think Memphis, gsw, and okc are a slight step above the rest. Star power plus depth (maybe okc not so much) as good combo as you could ask for.

I think portland's been underrated, very well built team w/ both big guys and perimeter guys. Clippers, I love what DJ's been doing since blake stepped out, and when blake comes back they might just hit that next gear.

Spurs, imo, might be starting that decline we've all been waiting for. I know they've proved us all wrong before, but I'm not going to just assume they're going to do the same, what I see from them right now is that they are getting old. Dallas, not sure what to think exactly, if Rondo can fit into their system and be a distributor, they will be a very tough matchup for anyone.

Rockets are a very good team, but given how much they lean on Harden, I can't imagine them making too much noise in the playoffs. They just don't seem to be built for playoffs.

Wow, gonna be such a tight playoff. When a very good team like houston I gotta rank 8, whom may very well get a healthy Dwight back and realistically can push for the finals, that just tells you how freakin insane the west is looking.

Clippersfan86
03-01-2015, 03:50 PM
1. Memphis
2. GSW
3. OKC

4. Portland
5. LAC

6. Dalls
7.Spurs

8. Houston

So tough, all teams are within throwing distance of one another, 1-8. This is how I would rank them if we were starting the playoffs today. But I kinda grouped them, those in the same bunch are probably interchangable.

I think Memphis, gsw, and okc are a slight step above the rest. Star power plus depth (maybe okc not so much) as good combo as you could ask for.

I think portland's been underrated, very well built team w/ both big guys and perimeter guys. Clippers, I love what DJ's been doing since blake stepped out, and when blake comes back they might just hit that next gear.

Spurs, imo, might be starting that decline we've all been waiting for. I know they've proved us all wrong before, but I'm not going to just assume they're going to do the same, what I see from them right now is that they are getting old. Dallas, not sure what to think exactly, if Rondo can fit into their system and be a distributor, they will be a very tough matchup for anyone.

Rockets are a very good team, but given how much they lean on Harden, I can't imagine them making too much noise in the playoffs. They just don't seem to be built for playoffs.

Wow, gonna be such a tight playoff. When a very good team like houston I gotta rank 8, whom may very well get a healthy Dwight back and realistically can push for the finals, that just tells you how freakin insane the west is looking.

I feel like this is similar to all the teams robbed of titles by the Bulls how so many elite western conference are robbing each other of possible titles or finals appearances that in another time period they very well could have won the title with ease.

nastynice
03-01-2015, 03:53 PM

You never know tho, all it takes is a couple 3-4 game skids, and an entire pack of teams is right at their heels. Dubs have a pretty tough schedule left, 2 games each vs clippers, grizz, suns, mavs, (and maybe Portland? too), plus games vs spurs and hawks. I think, something like that, but still, lots of games vs playoff teams in the west so teams can def gain some ground.

Like you said, teams are reeling off 6-7 in a row, so even the slightest skid by higher seeds will bring other teams right back into the mix.

kdspurman
03-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Only two I know is Clippers schedule continues to be super difficult till end of season, Spurs gets easier as you said. That's another thing I'm sick of. Clippers get more 7 game road trips than anyone in NBA. Lakers for example their biggest road trip this year was 4 or 5 games.. Clippers have had 3 I believe that were 7 already. Including something absurd like 17 of 20 opponents coming out of all star weekend being playoff seeded teams (most in west). It's fu**ing ridiculous.

That sucks. Well not for opposing west teams lol. They need their own arena

IversonIsKrazy
03-01-2015, 03:54 PM
First of all, Howard > Bogut. No discussion needed lol. Spurs are way too difficult to rate, they have all their guys back now and and starting a homestand now, they can get their magic back and all of a sudden they are a very scary team, and that dominating win @ Phoenix is a nice way to end the trip.

1 - MEM: Their big combo is a friggin nightmare for all teams, w/Green now, not to mention Vince off the bench.
2 - GSW: Play amazing offense, good defense and have depth.
3 - OKC: Just scary how good they can be.
4 - SAS: What ppl forget is that as bad as they have been this season, they have won @GS, @MEM, vs HOU, vs POR, @LAC, vs DAL and OKC.
5 - LAC: They've been dropping random games this season, but they've won big games and were a couple of whistles away from WCF last year.
6 - HOU: Harden and healthy Dwight is scary, they've played well all season.
7 - POR: They are just not as good as the above imo, it took a ridiculously amazing performance from ALdrige last year to get em out the first round, I dont see a performance like that again.
8 - DAL: THis team is just not that good with Rondo. Its amazing, like every game it feels like u look at the box score, and the +/- stat between Rondo & Harris is ridiculous. I don't see them jelling before playoffs start, and I don't see "Playoff ROndo" who still needs to dominant the ball (taking away from Ellis) and can't shoot to save his life making a difference.

Htownballa1622
03-01-2015, 04:21 PM
I just want to know where all the people went that at the start of the year had Dallas top 4. Jw.

ThuglifeJ
03-01-2015, 07:16 PM
San Antonio
Memphis
Golden State
OKC
Portland
Clippers
Houston
Dallas

Blitzbolt
03-01-2015, 07:36 PM
1.OKC-2super stars plus Ibaka is that simple the rest of the team are scrubs.

2.Spurs-By far the best coach and that's a weapon no one talks about

3.Grizzlies- a above average team at their best (talent wise)and depht wise. But we have a macht up advantage against pretty much every team with points in the paint and rebounds.

4.Clips-CP3 and that's pretty much it. Its hard to take them seriously because CP3 always chokes in the playoffs.

5.Rockets-if Howard is healthy and playing well they could be higher. Harden is the MVP but he needs help come playoff time.

6.Mavs :lots of vets
7portland:jump shot shooting team.
8.warriors-they have the worst front court in the NBA even if healthy. Bogut is a !!!wussy!!any team with a above average center should beat them.

Allphakenny1
03-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Does any poster hate harder on any one team that Blitzblot hates on the Warriors?

mightybosstone
03-01-2015, 08:29 PM
San Antonio
Memphis
Golden State
OKC
Portland
Clippers
Houston
Dallas

Remember how sure you were that Dallas would finish with a better record than Houston? How do you feel about that now? And that's not even considering your absolutely ridiculous prediction that the Rockets wouldn't even make the playoffs. I hope you're ready to eat some crow at the end of this season.

nastynice
03-01-2015, 08:32 PM
Does any poster hate harder on any one team that Blitzblot hates on the Warriors?

lol, right when I seen his screen name I was like dubs have to be 7 or 8. All good tho, guy values size, and clearly we arent in the elite category when it comes down to big bodies.

I wonder what happened, I don't even remember any kinda dubs grizz beef!!

mightybosstone
03-01-2015, 08:33 PM

3.Grizzlies- a above average team at their best (talent wise)and depht wise. But we have a macht up advantage against pretty much every team with points in the paint and rebounds.

4.Clips-CP3 and that's pretty much it. Its hard to take them seriously because CP3 always chokes in the playoffs.

5.Rockets-if Howard is healthy and playing well they could be higher. Harden is the MVP but he needs help come playoff time.

8.warriors-they have the worst front court in the NBA even if healthy. Bogut is a !!!wussy!!any team with a above average center should beat them.
This is just truly insane. The Warriors have had one of the best seasons historically of any team in the history of the NBA up to this point, and you have them ranked dead last. I'm guessing you're trolling, because nobody is that stupid.

Thuglife's hatred of the Rockets is pretty legendary.

ThuglifeJ
03-01-2015, 08:39 PM
San Antonio
Memphis
Golden State
OKC
Portland
Clippers
Houston
Dallas

Remember how sure you were that Dallas would finish with a better record than Houston? How do you feel about that now? And that's not even considering your absolutely ridiculous prediction that the Rockets wouldn't even make the playoffs. I hope you're ready to eat some crow at the end of this season.

Lolll thought I was on ignore??

Anyways, How do I feel? How about I don't care - at all. I put Dallas last for a reason I think they're a mess with Rondo and Carlisle doesn't like Parsons much. Dirk has also declined and they digressed from last year. Not my problem. I actually put Memphis at 7 and they've been steadily at the top of the seedings so I'm very content at the moment thanks for asking :).

I predicted Houston between 6-9th seed joined with a first round exit. I'll gladly 'eat crow' on the seeding being higher than that once I get to see your thanksgiving sized feast of crow eating once the same story occurs in the playoffs and the regular season didn't matter for the Rox.

Again! :)

mightybosstone
03-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Lolll thought I was on ignore??

Anyways, How do I feel? How about I don't care - at all. I put Dallas last for a reason I think they're a mess with Rondo and Carlisle doesn't like Parsons much. Dirk has also declined and they digressed from last year. Not my problem. I actually put Memphis at 7 and they've been steadily at the top of the seedings so I'm very content at the moment thanks for asking :).

I predicted Houston between 6-9th seed joined with a first round exit. I'll gladly 'eat crow' on the seeding being higher than that once I get to see your thanksgiving sized feast of crow eating once the same story occurs in the playoffs and the regular season didn't matter for the Rox.

Again! :)
Whatever. You can twist this however you like, but the bottom line is you were blatantly wrong about Houston. I look forward to your meal. I will be serving your crow very, very rare.

Blitzbolt
03-01-2015, 09:18 PM
I don't hate the Warriors at all they have by far the best Guard combo in NBA and are pretty much the deepest team in the NBA.

But the front court is a JOKE take away Green who is great and one of the best strecht 4s in the game.The rest of the front is WNBA like.

Bogut-softest player in the NBA(the softest I ever seen) I been a hater since he was in the bucks.(overrated even when healthy)

Lee -worst defender at His position and yes he is also soft.

Spreiths-sweet jump shot but I think he may be mentally challenge.

The rest are D-league players I think its impossible to win a ring with this front court.And some NBA fans just ignore it because of Curry and Thompson.

mightybosstone
03-01-2015, 09:33 PM

I don't hate the Warriors at all they have by far the best Guard combo in NBA and are pretty much the deepest team in the NBA.

But the front court is a JOKE take away Green who is great and one of the best strecht 4s in the game.The rest of the front is WNBA like.

Bogut-softest player in the NBA(the softest I ever seen) I been a hater since he was in the bucks.(overrated even when healthy)

The rest are D-league players I think its impossible to win a ring with this front court.And some NBA fans just ignore it because of Curry and Thompson.
You don't need an elite front court to win NBA championships anymore. This is a league dominated by elite guards and wing players. Also, I seriously think you're underrating Bogut. Softest player in the league? The dude is easily one of the 5-10 best defensive centers in the NBA. Even if he was super soft, you're missing one undeniable fact, which is that Golden State is winning basketball games. A lot of basketball games.

I don't care how a team wins games, but if they win games, they deserve credit where credit is due. To not have the Warriors in the top three would be bad enough, but putting them eighth just comes off as insanely ignorant.

nastynice
03-01-2015, 09:40 PM

Our front court doesn't have the same size and toughness as the rest of the west, I'll give you that. Don't think they're nearly as bad you seem to make them out to be tho. We don't need them to win us games, we just need them to be a presence and let our perimeter guys break defenses down. So far they've been good enough at that role for best record in the league, doesn't make us top team in the playoffs, I didn't even rank us 1 myself, but no reason to think they're going to all of a sudden fall off come playoff time.

ThuglifeJ
03-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Whatever. You can twist this however you like, but the bottom line is you were blatantly wrong about Houston. I look forward to your meal. I will be serving your crow very, very rare.

How am I blatantly wrong? Last I checked we're still in the regular season kiddo. Houston has done nothing to show they're anything significantly better and prepared for the playoffs like you so desperately wish to believe. They still heavily rely on Harden's free throw from baits that DON'T get called in the playoffs half as much. The West got even better than last year aside from Dallas (S.A. is a wild card as always). Memphis, GS, your Portland have all improved quite a bit. Westbrook is absolutely killing it this year and makes a healthy them absolutely dangerous.

The coach is still the same, the systems the same, same culture...same story. Get all your hopes up again if you'd like, because they will undoubtedly be crushed by Round 2 (very very very likely by Round 1) unless something miraculous happens like Dwight transforms back to his Orlando self (which I also doubt).

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings. But please take a realistic approach to this. Last season the Rockets were just as strong with a playmaker Parsons and valuable big Asik in the mix and they got beat in R1 by Portland in 6. That SAME PORTLAND TEAM got SWEPT the next round. Swept. You do realize GS, Mem, Port will not all be playing eachother at this point until WCF. That means you'd have to see one of them on your hilarious hopes of a championship.

Just doesn't add up right. Unless you think this Houston team can match them.

Tony_Starks
03-01-2015, 10:24 PM

Hawkeye hates the Lakers with a fervent passion.....

jacquewho?
03-01-2015, 11:16 PM
GS
Hou
Mem
OKC
SA
LAC
Dal
Por

SPURSFAN1
03-01-2015, 11:18 PM
Spurs numero uno.

Blitzbolt
03-01-2015, 11:29 PM
My point is that is hard to win a ring when your team has such a huge weakness sure you might win 1 or 2 rounds but someone is gonna exploited eventually.

My Grizz can't shot 3s did we get getter this year?yes! but it's still a huge weakness.So yea putting the warriors at 8th was way out there especially since others have weak spots to.

Again I hate Bugut(not the warriors) I think he is the biggest Wussy(with a P)in NBA history and no one is even close no team depending on him for help is gonna win anything.

Thumper 88
03-02-2015, 12:32 AM
Gsw
mem
sas
dal
lac
okc
hou
por

Goose17
03-02-2015, 03:04 AM
LOL. Warriors the worst team out of those 8 :laugh2:

Weak front court? Green is a beast. Bogut is a top 5 defender for his position. Lee is a former all star and Speights is having the best season of his career.

Keep drinking that haterade.

Never heard of a Memphis - GS beef. Must be something personal you have against them.

brandt
03-02-2015, 03:18 AM
My point is that is hard to win a ring when your team has such a huge weakness sure you might win 1 or 2 rounds but someone is gonna exploited eventually.

My Grizz can't shot 3s did we get getter this year?yes! but it's still a huge weakness.So yea putting the warriors at 8th was way out there especially since others have weak spots to.

Again I hate Bugut(not the warriors) I think he is the biggest Wussy(with a P)in NBA history and no one is even close no team depending on him for help is gonna win anything.

Hey man, just FYI. when you reply to someone else's post, you might want to hit the "reply with quote" button at the bottom so we will know who and what you are replying to.

brandt
03-02-2015, 03:47 AM
How am I blatantly wrong? Last I checked we're still in the regular season kiddo. Houston has done nothing to show they're anything significantly better and prepared for the playoffs like you so desperately wish to believe. They still heavily rely on Harden's free throw from baits that DON'T get called in the playoffs half as much. The West got even better than last year aside from Dallas (S.A. is a wild card as always). Memphis, GS, your Portland have all improved quite a bit. Westbrook is absolutely killing it this year and makes a healthy them absolutely dangerous.

The coach is still the same, the systems the same, same culture...same story. Get all your hopes up again if you'd like, because they will undoubtedly be crushed by Round 2 (very very very likely by Round 1) unless something miraculous happens like Dwight transforms back to his Orlando self (which I also doubt).

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings. But please take a realistic approach to this. Last season the Rockets were just as strong with a playmaker Parsons and valuable big Asik in the mix and they got beat in R1 by Portland in 6. That SAME PORTLAND TEAM got SWEPT the next round. Swept. You do realize GS, Mem, Port will not all be playing eachother at this point until WCF. That means you'd have to see one of them on your hilarious hopes of a championship.

Really? Houston was never a 3rd seed at this time last year. We all know the higher the seed you are, makes a huge difference in the playoffs. Everyone acts like because the Rockets lost Asik, Parsons and Lin, that messed up their team. It bettered them if anything. Asik is doing nothing for the Pelicans and Lin is doing nothing for the Lakers. Parsons is way over paid for how he is playing because if he WAS worth what he is getting paid, he would be helping Dallas win games against teams such as the Nets who they just lost to. Houston got Ariza, C Patterson and J Smith, all of whom are doing way better combined then the other three I just mentioned. They are on a 5 game winning streak right now. 3 of those wins were against the Raptors, Clippers and Cavaliers. Rockets beat a healthy OKC team last time they played them and the fact that you think Harden is doing all of this by getting bad calls going to the free throw line is not true at all. You don't get in the MVP conversation just by making it to the line and you definitely don't win games just by getting to the line either. So please stop making crap up just so you can hate. It's getting annoying.

valade16
03-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Hollinger's efficiency stats have the teams at:

Warriors:
Offense 2nd
Defense 1st

Clippers:
Offense 1st
Defense 16th

Mavericks:
Offense 3rd
Defense 14th

Blazers:
Offense 10th
Defense 6th

Rockets:
Offense 12th
Defense 3rd

Memphis
Offense 11th
Defense 7th

The only team outside the Warriors with both a Top 10 offense and defense is the Blazers... so of course everybody has them 8th.

Blitzbolt
03-02-2015, 03:04 PM
[Qvalade16;29672507]Hollinger's efficiency stats have the teams at:

Warriors:
Offense 2nd
Defense 1st

Clippers:
Offense 1st
Defense 16th

Mavericks:
Offense 3rd
Defense 14th

Blazers:
Offense 10th
Defense 6th

Rockets:
Offense 12th
Defense 3rd

Memphis
Offense 11th
Defense 7th

The only team outside the Warriors with both a Top 10 offense and defense is the Blazers... so of course everybody has them 8th.[/QUOTE]

So what? The warriors have had one of the easiest schedules in the NBA so far.

Regular season stats won't help you in the playoffs is a totally different game.

Chronz
03-02-2015, 03:10 PM
By totally different you mean not that different?

Goose17
03-02-2015, 03:31 PM
By totally different you mean not that different?

Nah I agree with him there. Playoffs are a whole other monster. Everyone knows that, even the players say that. Look at how many individuals or even teams have excelled in the regular season and choked in the post season.

Valade has a point about the Blazers though, they may be getting underestimated here.

valade16
03-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Nah I agree with him there. Playoffs are a whole other monster. Everyone knows that, even the players say that. Look at how many individuals or even teams have excelled in the regular season and choked in the post season.

Valade has a point about the Blazers though, they may be getting underestimated here.

It's just interesting to me that everyone has the Blazers at or near the bottom of their lists and then hype their own teams with stats in which the Blazers are superior.

There are a lot of good teams so it's very possible the Blazers are the 7th or 8th best team, but it's still odd.

Goose17
03-02-2015, 03:42 PM
It's just interesting to me that everyone has the Blazers at or near the bottom of their lists and then hype their own teams with stats in which the Blazers are superior.

There are a lot of good teams so it's very possible the Blazers are the 7th or 8th best team, but it's still odd.

Yeah I agree. I think the issue is the West is SO deep. I know everyone always says this but really? Look at the 8 teams people are trying to rank. Is there really a wrong answer? I mean the top 3/4 are probably the same for MOST people but they just change the order slightly. I think the same can be said for 5 through 8.

Also the OP was quite vague. He just said "When healthy how do you rank them". Some people seem to be ranking them in general, just who they think the best are. Some seem to be ranking them based on who they think is most likely to win the championship this year and others seem to be ranking them based on what they think the reg season would look like if everyone had stayed healthy all year. And not all these things are connected (it's not always the best reg season team that wins a chip, not always the best team that wins the most games in the reg season etc).

Someone has to be 7th/8th.

If it's any consolation, being 7th in the West is like being 2nd in the East :laugh:

rockets-fan
03-02-2015, 03:46 PM
GSW
Memphis
SAS
Port
HOU
OKC
Dallas
Clippers

Goose17
03-02-2015, 03:57 PM
I'm trying to rank them now and I'm finding it really difficult. I figured the top 4 was;

GSW, MEM, OKC, SAS.

But I feel like the Clips HAVE to be in there when they're at full health. I just don't know who the hell they replace? The stats say they should replace the Spurs but I'm not happy with that, I think come playoff time they're a whole other animal and in terms of playing as a unit they are still the best in the league.

So if I was to have LAC at #5 which I'm really not happy with. That would leave Houston, Portland and Dallas. Now Dallas are my absolute #8.

So Houston or Portland? I would say Harden is superior to any individual on Portland, but I think Portland is built better, their starting 5 is just so sound on both sides of the game.

Statistically;

Portland are 4th best in defensive efficiency out of West teams. Houston are 5th.
Portland are 6th best in offensive efficiency out of West teams. Houston are 8th.
Portland are 4th best in SRS out of West teams. Houston are 6th.

There's not a massive gap at all (aside from maybe in offensive efficiency).

So you look at the rest of the team, Portland aren't exactly "deep" but I would argue they have a more balanced spread of talent than Houston do.

Honestly, neither of them deserve to be 7th. If anything I thought they would both be in my top 5. I just can't think of a way to logically place them there.

Jesus christ. Next year when guys are healthy, the West is going to be an absolute blood bath. Phoenix and Pelicans aren't that far off, they're still competitive. Not elite yet but they're going to do some damage. Sacramento and Utah will remain question marks.

I wish they would put some of these teams out East, I mean I love the competition but you could finish the season as the 6th seed one year and first seed the next. It's insane.

valade16
03-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Yeah I agree. I think the issue is the West is SO deep. I know everyone always says this but really? Look at the 8 teams people are trying to rank. Is there really a wrong answer? I mean the top 3/4 are probably the same for MOST people but they just change the order slightly. I think the same can be said for 5 through 8.

Also the OP was quite vague. He just said "When healthy how do you rank them". Some people seem to be ranking them in general, just who they think the best are. Some seem to be ranking them based on who they think is most likely to win the championship this year and others seem to be ranking them based on what they think the reg season would look like if everyone had stayed healthy all year. And not all these things are connected (it's not always the best reg season team that wins a chip, not always the best team that wins the most games in the reg season etc).

Someone has to be 7th/8th.

If it's any consolation, being 7th in the West is like being 2nd in the East :laugh:

If I did it as teams I'd be most afraid to play if I'm Portland I'd rank it like this:

1. GS
2. OKC
3. Memphis
4. SA
5. LAC
6. Houston
7. Dallas

I admit the Spurs being ranked so high is just because of their history, who knows if they are able to turn it on this postseason?

Chronz
03-02-2015, 04:00 PM

At a team level it's not that different unless the2 teams are within range. We don't just ignore the entirety of a regular season because some one feels it's far different. It's different for all parties involved. That levels it out. I would make for a horrible gambler if i buyed into all the unsubstantiated opinions and cliches about playoff ball

kdspurman
03-02-2015, 04:07 PM
If I did it as teams I'd be most afraid to play if I'm Portland I'd rank it like this:

1. GS
2. OKC
3. Memphis
4. SA
5. LAC
6. Houston
7. Dallas

I admit the Spurs being ranked so high is just because of their history, who knows if they are able to turn it on this postseason?

Not necessarily cause of their history, but the question is "if healthy". They just got fully healthy about a month ago. They've still shown glimpses of that team from last year, just not consistently enough due to some injuries & overall inconsistent play from key guys. I think this month will be telling for them.

Goose17
03-02-2015, 04:12 PM
At a team level it's not that different unless the2 teams are within range. We don't just ignore the entirety of a regular season because some one feels it's far different. It's different for all parties involved. That levels it out. I would make for a horrible gambler if i buyed into all the unsubstantiated opinions and cliches about playoff ball

I'm not saying you dismiss the entire regular season. Come on now. I'm simply saying success in the regular season doesn't necessarily translate into success in the post season. 2007 Dallas, 1995 Utah, 2011 Spurs, 1994 Seattle etc the list goes on.

SPURSFAN1
03-02-2015, 04:35 PM

SPURSFAN1
03-02-2015, 04:35 PM
2011 spurs manu best player broke his arm last game of the year. Manu doesn't play the first game and the spurs lose. Manu wasn't the same player for that series. Atleast know your context. I'm 100% the spurs win if manu was healthy.

kdspurman
03-02-2015, 04:47 PM
2011 spurs manu best player broke his arm last game of the year. Manu doesn't play the first game and the spurs lose. Manu wasn't the same player for that series. Atleast know your context. I'm 100% the spurs win if manu was healthy.

Eh... Even so, that team wasn't winning it all that year. Not with Richard Jefferson as the starting 3.

Goose17
03-02-2015, 04:48 PM

Yeah okay buddy. No other team had ever played with injuries. You guys were so special. It's not like injuries happen and we take that into account when discussing these things. Nope. That's a special thing for special little spurs fans just like you.

Didn't you guys have the best record when you lost to OKC? Or to the Mavs in 2006? Or the Lakers in 2002? 2001? I can go on...

All I was saying is Regular season success doesn't always translate into playoff success.

Homers on here are way too defensive.

SPURSFAN1
03-02-2015, 04:53 PM
Eh... Even so, that team wasn't winning it all that year. Not with Richard Jefferson as the starting 3.

I didn't say they were winning it all. I just said that they weren't losing in the first round. Who knows? Maybe they atleast get into the WCF.

SPURSFAN1
03-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Yeah okay buddy. No other team had ever played with injuries. You guys were so special. It's not like injuries happen and we take that into account when discussing these things. Nope. That's a special thing for special little spurs fans just like you.

Didn't you guys have the best record when you lost to OKC? Or to the Mavs in 2006? Or the Lakers in 2002? 2001? I can go on...

All I was saying is Regular season success doesn't always translate into playoff success.

But you used a team that got its best player injured right before the playoffs? Doesn't make sense kid. God I hate arguing with regular season fans.

kdspurman
03-02-2015, 05:04 PM

And that's 100% accurate.

SPURSFAN1
03-02-2015, 05:07 PM
And that's 100% accurate.

But his connection between the 2011 spurs and his statement is 100% incorrect.

SPURSFAN1
03-02-2015, 05:13 PM
FYI I have no problem with "All I was saying is Regular season success doesn't always translate into playoff success". The connection or example is where he went wrong.

kdspurman
03-02-2015, 05:17 PM
But his connection between the 2011 spurs and his statement is 100% incorrect.

It was just an example. (#1 seeds who lose early and/or don't exceed expectations) There's no guarantee if Manu plays, the Spurs win Game 1. For me, I don't think that team was good enough even for a WCF run. Especially with OKC waiting in the 2nd round.

Doesn't matter now, but I'm glad it happened. It lead them to the Kawhi deal.

SPURSFAN1
03-02-2015, 05:22 PM
It was just an example. (#1 seeds who lose early and/or don't exceed expectations) There's no guarantee if Manu plays, the Spurs win Game 1. For me, I don't think that team was good enough even for a WCF run. Especially with OKC waiting in the 2nd round.

But that example isn't justified because the team that played exceptionally well wasn't there to prove his point. Manu not playing in the first game and then not playing well doesn't fit that criteria. If manu doesn't get injured and then the spurs lose. That is a very good example. But like I said, that isn't the case here.

Goose17
03-02-2015, 05:27 PM

Thank you.

No need for a homer to get his panties in a twist. Maybe I should have picked a less recent example, clearly he's still upset and bitter about that series.

And "I hate arguing with regular season fans"... what the hell are you talking about? I'm sitting here talking about how different the playoffs are. How does that make me a regular season fan.

You played a series. You lost. Injuries are irrelevant. Officiating is irrelevant. Form is irrelevant. None of that shows up in the record books, all that shows is the team with better record lost. End of. That's why it was used as an example.

Unless you think Ginobili was the sole reason you had so much success in the regular season and he alone was the X factor to defeating Memphis? Smh.

But even then it doesn't matter. It is what it is. Get over it. You lost.

Even if you had won that series do you think you would have won it all? Sorry but I don't see it. It is a valid example of regular season success not meaning you will have playoff success.

SPURSFAN1
03-02-2015, 05:29 PM
Thank you.

No need for a homer to get his panties in a twist. Maybe I should have picked a less recent example, clearly he's still upset and bitter about that series.

And "I hate arguing with regular season fans"... what the hell are you talking about? I'm sitting here talking about how different the playoffs are. How does that make me a regular season fan.

You played a series. You lost. Injuries are irrelevant. Officiating is irrelevant. Form is irrelevant. None of that shows up in the record books, all that shows is the team with better record lost. End of. That's why it was used as an example.

Unless you think Ginobili was the sole reason you had so much success in the regular season and he alone was the X factor to defeating Memphis? Smh.

But even then it doesn't matter. It is what it is. Get over it. You lost.

Much like when the warriors got rocked by the spurs in 2013? :laugh2:

kdspurman
03-02-2015, 05:34 PM

He's not even doggin' us, why do you need to take it there lol. There's no hate there from Goose

SPURSFAN1
03-02-2015, 05:38 PM
He's not even doggin' us, why do you need to take it there lol. There's no hate there from Goose

Do you even read the condescending remarks? His first sentence proves that. You acting blind to it? The rest of his post is littered with them. Do I need to bold and dissect his comment to you? He wants to act like a kid. I can do the same thing just as easily.

Jocrazy
03-02-2015, 05:52 PM

Dude whats with your hate with the Rockets? Were you an illegitimate baby to Les Alexander? Did Hakeem never sign your basketball when you were a tiny child? Did Clyde slide his way through in your moms bedroom? Im sure your hate for everything that is rockets basketball goes deeper than what you see on the court. Did james harden steal your beard idea and now when you walk around you just look like a hobo? Time to lay off little man. Wheather your a grizz fan or VC I dont see neither the player or team with a ring on or banner in the sky and since it wont happeb this year it will never. Wooza

brandt
03-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Dude whats with your hate with the Rockets? Were you an illegitimate baby to Les Alexander? Did Hakeem never sign your basketball when you were a tiny child? Did Clyde slide his way through in your moms bedroom? Im sure your hate for everything that is rockets basketball goes deeper than what you see on the court. Did james harden steal your beard idea and now when you walk around you just look like a hobo? Time to lay off little man. Wheather your a grizz fan or VC I dont see neither the player or team with a ring on or banner in the sky and since it wont happeb this year it will never. Wooza

:laugh: Love it, thank you!!!

Blitzbolt
03-02-2015, 06:12 PM
Lol at the Manu excuse our best player (before he was injured) was Gay and he didn't even play. We end it up with Sam Young.

Conley-he couldn't shot like he shots now.
Allen-worst shorter in the NBA
Sam Young -lol
Zbo
Gasol-fat Gasol
Looking back at it I don't even know how we won that had to be the worst shooting starting lineup in history.

kdspurman
03-02-2015, 06:18 PM
Lol at the Manu excuse our best player (before he was injured) was Gay and he didn't even play. We end it up with Sam Young.

Conley-he couldn't shot like he shots now.
Allen-worst shorter in the NBA
Sam Young -lol
Zbo
Gasol-fat Gasol
Looking back at it I don't even know how we won that had to be the worst shooting starting lineup in history.

cause zbo/gasol abused bonner/blair/mcdyess. they were probably better off without gay, so they ran the offense through them

Goose17
03-02-2015, 06:25 PM

Except we didn't have a better record.

You're acting like my choice was an attack on the Spurs. I like the Spurs. I've nothing against them at all. I've admired them for the longest time. Tim Duncan is my second favourite player of all time.

It wasn't an attack on your team so quit getting so antsy about it all. It was just an example of regular season success not being indicative of post season success. Get over it.

SPURSFAN1
03-02-2015, 06:27 PM
Wing-Stop Bros beat down the Splash Bros. :laugh:

Goose17
03-02-2015, 06:29 PM

Yeah. And? What's your point?

nastynice
03-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Hollinger's efficiency stats have the teams at:

Warriors:
Offense 2nd
Defense 1st

Clippers:
Offense 1st
Defense 16th

Mavericks:
Offense 3rd
Defense 14th

Blazers:
Offense 10th
Defense 6th

Rockets:
Offense 12th
Defense 3rd

Memphis
Offense 11th
Defense 7th

The only team outside the Warriors with both a Top 10 offense and defense is the Blazers... so of course everybody has them 8th.

I can't 100% jump on board with this right here, because look at the dubs rankings and look how superior it is compared to the grizz rankings. But let's be real, out of the entire west, a matchup w/ the grizz is probably gonna have us all pretty nervous. Big boys down low, we would get absolutely destroyed in the paint, doesn't matter what the stats say about anything.

I'm actually REALLY looking forward to the two reg season games we have left vs the grizz, I'm hoping some kind of signs of improvement or scheme that we can use to have a chance against them. Hopefully the ball movement can be crisp enough to have them running around and opening up space. I shudder to think of how many offensive boards they would get tho

nastynice
03-02-2015, 07:58 PM

Do you even read the condescending remarks? His first sentence proves that. You acting blind to it? The rest of his post is littered with them. Do I need to bold and dissect his comment to you? He wants to act like a kid. I can do the same thing just as easily.

lol, relax bro, clearly ur way more salty about that round 1 exit than any of us are about the loss to the spurs. We lost, life went on, hopefully u take that same approach next time the spurs lose in the playoffs, instead of apparently holding all this rage in ur heart for like 4 years.

kdspurman
03-02-2015, 09:20 PM
lol, relax bro, clearly ur way more salty about that round 1 exit than any of us are about the loss to the spurs. We lost, life went on, hopefully u take that same approach next time the spurs lose in the playoffs, instead of apparently holding all this rage in ur heart for like 4 years.

i admit, right when it happened (2011) i thought the same, about Manu. but in hindsight, i just dont think it would have mattered. and things end up working out 1 way or another.

teams always lose in the playoffs, but life does indeed go on lol. every year, i try and wipe out what happened, except like .4 and that thing that happened in the 2013 finals that dont seem to go away

Chronz
03-02-2015, 09:35 PM
I'm not saying you dismiss the entire regular season. Come on now. I'm simply saying success in the regular season doesn't necessarily translate into success in the post season. 2007 Dallas, 1995 Utah, 2011 Spurs, 1994 Seattle etc the list goes on.

Thats why the poster I was quoting was being too out there for me. For all the isolated examples you can name, many more exist on why its prevalent.

Blitzbolt
03-02-2015, 11:02 PM
I can't 100% jump on board with this right here, because look at the dubs rankings and look how superior it is compared to the grizz rankings. But let's be real, out of the entire west, a matchup w/ the grizz is probably gonna have us all pretty nervous. Big boys down low, we would get absolutely destroyed in the paint, doesn't matter what the stats say about anything.

I'm actually REALLY looking forward to the two reg season games we have left vs the grizz, I'm hoping some kind of signs of improvement or scheme that we can use to have a chance against them. Hopefully the ball movement can be crisp enough to have them running around and opening up space. I shudder to think of how many offensive boards they would get tho

I don't thing you should put to much into that.We been struggling because ours bigs get really tired especially with back to backs and west coast trips.Since we depend on our bigs so much we have to keep them fresh and its a pain during the regular season.

nastynice
03-02-2015, 11:44 PM
I don't thing you should put to much into that.We been struggling because ours bigs get really tired especially with back to backs and west coast trips.Since we depend on our bigs so much we have to keep them fresh and its a pain during the regular season.

well that's good to hear. Dray Day will have em runnin up n down the court for sure!! Hopefully enough to start getting fatigue 4th quarter

Thumper 88
03-03-2015, 12:21 AM
Parsons is way over paid for how he is playing because if he WAS worth what he is getting paid, he would be helping Dallas win games against teams such as the Nets who they just lost to.

Dirk is way under paid so Parsons is a wash

You do know Parsons is injured so he didn't play in the Brooklyn game.

GSW just lost to Brooklyn while the Mavs just beat NO without Tyson and Parsons

brandt
03-03-2015, 01:46 AM
Dirk is way under paid so Parsons is a wash

You do know Parsons is injured so he didn't play in the Brooklyn game.

GSW just lost to Brooklyn while the Mavs just beat NO without Tyson and Parsons

I didn't know that actually, thank you for explaining. However I still think Parsons is way overpaid.

Thumper 88
03-03-2015, 09:18 AM
I didn't know that actually, thank you for explaining. However I still think Parsons is way overpaid.

But you were commenting on how you don't think Dallas is in the top 8. Not sure what salary has to do with that.

valade16
03-03-2015, 10:32 AM

Obviously certain teams are constructed in such a way as to have an advantage over others, but we're talking overall. Just because one team has a great matchup with another doesn't mean it's necessarily better than all the other teams it doesn't have a great matchup with.

Thumper 88
03-03-2015, 10:42 AM
Obviously certain teams are constructed in such a way as to have an advantage over others, but we're talking overall. Just because one team has a great matchup with another doesn't mean it's necessarily better than all the other teams it doesn't have a great matchup with.

Exactly ala 2007 GSW vs Mavs

nastynice
03-03-2015, 02:06 PM

yea true, I guess maybe I was ranking from a warriors fan perspective

brandt
03-03-2015, 06:05 PM
But you were commenting on how you don't think Dallas is in the top 8. Not sure what salary has to do with that.

I never said that actually. All I said what Rockets new 3 (Smith, Ariza, and Patterson) were playing better combined than the 3 they lost (Parsons, Asik, and Lin). I then explained that Lin and Asik were doing nothing and Parsons was overpaid because in my opinion for that amout of money, you should be figuring out a way to help win games against teams like the Nets. That is of course when I didn't realize that he was hurt for that game, but there have been other games that they lost against teams they should have beaten, and that's when someone like him getting paid that much money needs to step it up.

Thumper 88
03-03-2015, 06:14 PM
I never said that actually. All I said what Rockets new 3 (Smith, Ariza, and Patterson) were playing better combined than the 3 they lost (Parsons, Asik, and Lin). I then explained that Lin and Asik were doing nothing and Parsons was overpaid because in my opinion for that amout of money, you should be figuring out a way to help win games against teams like the Nets. That is of course when I didn't realize that he was hurt for that game, but there have been other games that they lost against teams they should have beaten, and that's when someone like him getting paid that much money needs to step it up.

Every team losses games against teams they should have beaten.. Just like when GSW lost to Brooklyn.

brandt
03-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Every team losses games against teams they should have beaten.. Just like when GSW lost to Brooklyn.

I agree. You need to go back and read all of my posts as to why that was even brought up in the first place though, because initially I was just trying defend the Rockets against Thuglife, explaining why the 3 players we lost combined, were better off away from the Rockets compared to the 3 we have now. Parsons is the only one I wish we had back, but not for the money he is getting paid.

Thumper 88
03-04-2015, 12:15 AM
I agree. You need to go back and read all of my posts as to why that was even brought up in the first place though, because initially I was just trying defend the Rockets against Thuglife, explaining why the 3 players we lost combined, were better off away from the Rockets compared to the 3 we have now. Parsons is the only one I wish we had back, but not for the money he is getting paid.
Gotcha, make sense.

Sanjay
03-08-2015, 11:00 PM
When healthy how do you rank the top 8 teams out west?

1. Spurs (when healthy and turning it on for the playoffs)
2. Warriors
3. Thunder
4. Grizzlies
5. Clippers
6. Rockets
7. Trail Blazers (I assume you are talking about for the playoffs so I excluded Matthews, otherwise
I would have them at 5th)
8. Mavericks