PDA

View Full Version : Report: Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move Cousins

spreadeagle
02-27-2015, 11:58 PM
Shortly after hiring George Karl, the Kings traded for Andre Miller, Karl’s point guard the Nuggets.

That might not be the last roster move Karl inspires in Sacramento.

Pete D’Alessandro, who worked with Karl in Denver, is still the Kings’ general manager. But Karl might have usurped some control and could use it to acquire Ty Lawson – or even trade DeMarcus Cousins.

Sources say Karl would love to acquire Ty Lawson—if the rebuilding Nuggets were to make him available—or any other members of his last Nuggets team, which won 57 games in 2012-13. Karl wants players who move the ball and push the tempo, and that could mean wild upheaval on the Kings roster. Even DeMarcus Cousins, their franchise center, is not untouchable, according to a source with insight into Karl’s thinking. “At the trade deadline, everyone was available,” the person said. Including Cousins? “Every single person (on the Kings roster) was available.” Although Karl does not hold a front office title, “he definitely has control” of future personnel decisions, the source said. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/26/report-george-karl-controls-kings-personnel-wants-ty-lawson-willing-to-move-demarcus-cousins/

Cal827
02-28-2015, 12:03 AM
Lawson would help that team a lot, but dealing out Cousins to do so (or just trading Cousins at all for that matter) would be hilariously dumb.

I'll gladly trade JV, Ross and a future first for Boogie though :D

BKdoubleStacker
02-28-2015, 12:08 AM
Lawson? Really ?

More-Than-Most
02-28-2015, 12:18 AM
sixers pls

TheTreys
02-28-2015, 12:34 AM
Probably a pipe dream, but I think if the Knicks get Okafor they should trade for Cousins. I think I read some where that they wanted a low post center & Okafor is pretty young & plays the center position. Bad tradeoff?

Cracka2HI!
02-28-2015, 12:34 AM
I can see this working for both teams. I don't see Cousins and Karl working out and the Kings must know that or they wouldn't have signed Karl. Denver has Nurkic who along with Lawson and a couple other parts from Denver could work.

BKdoubleStacker
02-28-2015, 12:49 AM
Point guard is the deepest position in the nba, and Lawson is far from one of the best

kobe4thewinbang
02-28-2015, 12:54 AM
Lawson is good, but he is on a questionable team. I'm not convinced the Kings are any better than the Nuggets, so how great is Lawson supposed to be for them? Boogie is getting better but even he can't do jack for the team. Coaches are dropping like flies, sure, but it's more than that. You don't trade the one player doing good for the team.

Kings Faithful
02-28-2015, 01:01 AM
Howard Beck, the guy who wrote the article, went on local radio in Sacramento the other day to say that he talked to various other sources with the Kings who told him that Cousins was and is definitely not available.

Blitzace137
02-28-2015, 01:13 AM
I don't even think the Kings need to trade Cousins to get Lawson. If their willing to trade their first rounder from this years plus some other pieces I think they can get Lawson. Fair trade for both teams imo.

Blitzace137
02-28-2015, 01:14 AM
Probably a pipe dream, but I think if the Knicks get Okafor they should trade for Cousins. I think I read some where that they wanted a low post center & Okafor is pretty young & plays the center position. Bad tradeoff?

No way, a cheap controllable great player on a rookie contract for Cousins would be such a classic Knick move.

thephoenixson28
02-28-2015, 01:46 AM
Cousin to Phoenix. Book it

TheNumber37
02-28-2015, 01:49 AM
I don't see them getting equal value for Cousins. Even if they get a 1st.

Lawson would be a good fit. Stauskus and a 1st

Ty Fast
02-28-2015, 01:57 AM
Lawson would help that team a lot, but dealing out Cousins to do so (or just trading Cousins at all for that matter) would be hilariously dumb.

I'll gladly trade JV, Ross and a future first for Boogie though :D

Thats all u woukd give up??

Ty Fast
02-28-2015, 01:59 AM
If the queens wanna trade boogie they coukd get a lot more than lawson.

KG2TB
02-28-2015, 02:12 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/26/report-george-karl-controls-kings-personnel-wants-ty-lawson-willing-to-move-demarcus-cousins/

who the **** is that in your signature?!

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-28-2015, 02:12 AM
I would trade Noah and whoever else not named Jimmy Butler for Cousins.

IndyRealist
02-28-2015, 02:35 AM
This is a big fat "I told you so". George Karl does not adjust to his players, he trades them for players that fit his system.

colinskik
02-28-2015, 02:38 AM
Point guard is the deepest position in the nba, and Lawson is far from one of the best

Lawson is very, very good. The Nugs just suck.

IversonIsKrazy
02-28-2015, 03:06 AM
I seriously doubt theres any truth to it lol. Its probably like they will try to do everything to get Lawson. And the obvious assumption is Cousins would not be included, since they are trying to build around him lol

dalton749
02-28-2015, 04:12 AM

Jv is one of th best up and coming bigs in the league, and the first would probably be the Knicks next year. Not many teams could match that offer

GoferKing_
02-28-2015, 05:48 AM
Don't read into this bullshieeeet.

True Rocket
02-28-2015, 08:11 AM
If Karl wants to trade cousin for Lawson he needs to be fired

cheetos185
02-28-2015, 08:28 AM
I don't think the article says karl wants to trade cousin for Lawson just that he has enough control to trade anyone on that roster.

mightybosstone
02-28-2015, 09:38 AM
I don't buy this for a second. There's no way you would even get close to 100% equal value for Cousins in a trade. Karl may struggle to coexist with the guy, but he's also not an idiot. Karl won't trade Boogie for 50 cents on the dollar just because he's got a few attitude issues. And, IMO, Denver could offer up their entire roster for Boogie and it probably wouldn't be equal value. They just do not have very much talent on that basketball team.

Salaries aside as I know this wouldn't work at all capwise, Denver could offer Lawson, Chandler, Faried and Nurkic and a 1st for Cousins, and I still wouldn't take that offer if I was Sacramento. They have maybe the best NBA center in the league and the only one currently capable of putting up a consistent 20/10 locked down for the next three seasons. You hold on to that no matter what.

GiantsSwaGG
02-28-2015, 10:38 AM

Lawson is nice and I would take him over Dragic.

Goose17
02-28-2015, 10:41 AM

Really? I think he's one of the most underrated PGs in the league.

He's a great distributor, averaging almost 10 assists per game on the season. The only player in the entire league with a better assist to turnover ratio is Chris Paul. He will get you 16/17 points a game on a TS% of 54%. He's a decent three point shooter and a solid defender for his size. He's at the very least on par with guys like Dragic, Conley, Lowry, Holiday etc

If the Kings could get Lawson without giving up Cousins or Gay I think they should do it.

GoferKing_
02-28-2015, 11:17 AM
People, there is nooo way my Kings will trade Boogie, so there is no point in discussing this topic.

Goose17
02-28-2015, 11:31 AM
People, there is nooo way my Kings will trade Boogie, so there is no point in discussing this topic.

I would hope not. But you guys have made some questionable decisions over recent years.

GoferKing_
02-28-2015, 11:59 AM
Yes, agreed, but I hope they aren't that stupid.xD

Cal827
02-28-2015, 12:19 PM

No, there's pretty much nothing on the Raptors that I wouldn't trade to get him lol

But just curious to see their desperation on dealing him (if of course, this is true).

For some reason, a lot of people are still really high on Ross, which seems odd to me, but maybe the GMs are too lol. I guess some might think he's going to be a late bloomer.

But Denver can probably offer a lot more.

Lawson, Nurkic, Their first this year or next year (they have the ability to swap with NY for the higher pick next year) and other future assets.

Toronto only has those guys, and the Knicks pick next year (or Nuggets if Denver swaps, which might be high as both teams might struggle next season as well, we'll have to see what they do in this offseason).

IgglesFanInCO
02-28-2015, 01:46 PM
Nuggets arent going to trade Nurk. Boogie won't go there. If there was a trade sending Ty to Sac and DMC anywhere it would be a 3 team trade.

Some combination of Lawson, Chandler, and Faried could end up in Sac, ideally from the nuggets perspective with picks the main asset coming back, particularly Lawson will demand a top 10ish pick. But they wont get Cousins, he will cost too much for them (including Nurk). Plus it would be really stupid to trade a young center who might actually want to stay in Denver who has best center in the league potential, and is already a top 10 defensive center at 20 years old (huge upgrade on Mozzie who is no slouch himself).

hugepatsfan
02-28-2015, 01:59 PM
As a Celtics fan, for Cousins and taking back the last 2 years of Jason Thompson's deal I'd offer up to…

C Tyler Zeller
F/C Kelly Olynyk
BOS's 2015, 2016, 2018 1st round picks
BRK's 2016, 2018 1st round picks
PHI's 2015 2nd round pick

IgglesFanInCO
02-28-2015, 02:06 PM
As a Celtics fan, for Cousins and taking back the last 2 years of Jason Thompson's deal I'd offer up to…

C Tyler Zeller
F/C Kelly Olynyk
BOS's 2015, 2016, 2018 1st round picks
BRK's 2016, 2018 1st round picks
PHI's 2015 2nd round pick

Some of this haul to Denver, Nuggets send Ty, Faried, and Chandler to Sac (or maybe one of em to Boston, and Nuggets take Jason Thompson or something). I could see a very positive for all sides 3 team trade here.

JLynn943
02-28-2015, 02:51 PM
Howard Beck, the guy who wrote the article, went on local radio in Sacramento the other day to say that he talked to various other sources with the Kings who told him that Cousins was and is definitely not available.

Glad to hear it. We can get Lawson without giving up Cousins anyway.

Hawkamania
02-28-2015, 11:07 PM
Unless Karl and the Kings are able to land an amazingly awesome package for Cousins, they are going to keep him. They'd be stupid not to.

bucketss
02-28-2015, 11:10 PM
i'd trade derozan and new yorks unprotected 2016 pick for cousins straight up!!!!!!!!