PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy off season plan!!!

bolts4ever
02-26-2015, 10:37 PM
The Lakers front office has always thought big and I really don't think a full rebuild with young players has ever been the plan. I believe they will look to make trades with our picks and young players and use our FA cash..

The dream offseason

1. Trade Julius Randle+Our top 5 pk+Jordan Hill for Demarcus Cousins
(I guarantee this offer WILL be made to Sacramento)

2. Sign Kevin Love (if he leaves Cleaveland)

We have our future in the best front court in the league still sets us up to be players for Kevin Durant when Kobe retires & the cap goes up in 2016.

Clarkson - Kobe - FA-Love-Cousins

Thoughts???

jaydubb
02-26-2015, 10:39 PM
Yea.. Your crazy

jaydubb
02-26-2015, 10:41 PM
Dp

bolts4ever
02-26-2015, 10:56 PM
Lol.....We shall see

lakerfan85
02-26-2015, 11:03 PM
Umm.. While I wouldn't mind getting Cousins there's no way you trade Randle and presumably a top 5 pick for him..

still1ballin
02-26-2015, 11:15 PM
nah

bleedprple&gold
02-26-2015, 11:55 PM
You guarantee that offer will be made to Sacramento for Cousins? I guarantee it won't be because it's not a good offer.

GREATNESS ONE
02-27-2015, 12:17 AM
I'm all down for trading for Boogey but not at that price.

midwestlaker75
02-27-2015, 01:32 AM
Whatever you do. You bet' not choke!

eso
02-27-2015, 02:50 AM
One or the other but not both..

numba1CHANGsta
02-27-2015, 03:03 AM
First of all, Cousin's contract isn't up until 2018, so it wouldn't make sense for the Kings to trade him now. I like my idea better that I posted on the "Trades Idea Thread":

We should def try to trade a package of Randle+top 5 pick for Anthony Davis, he has one year left on his contract with a qualifying offer, but we all know this guy is going to bolt out of NO once he becomes a FA so why not trade him this offseason for two young prospects to build around? I think this trade would work out for both sides and the Lakers should fo after either Love/LA/Gasol/Jordan to have one of the best frontcourts in the league!

AD is def worth a package deal of Randle+top 5 pick than Cousins. It makes sense since AD has 1-2 yrs left on his contract and highly doubt he stays in NO where they will never be a championship contender.

bolts4ever
02-27-2015, 03:06 AM
first of all, cousin's contract isn't up until 2018, so it wouldn't make sense for the kings to trade him now. I like my idea better that i posted on the "trades idea thread":

We should def try to trade a package of randle+top 5 pick for anthony davis, he has one year left on his contract with a qualifying offer, but we all know this guy is going to bolt out of no once he becomes a fa so why not trade him this offseason for two young prospects to build around? I think this trade would work out for both sides and the lakers should fo after either love/la/gasol/jordan to have one of the best frontcourts in the league!

Ad is def worth a package deal of randle+top 5 pick than cousins. It makes sense since ad has 1-2 yrs left on his contract and highly doubt he stays in no where they will never be a championship contender.

Pelicans are never trading him!!

bolts4ever
02-27-2015, 03:15 AM
https://control.kochava.com/v1/cpi/click?campaign_id=kocbssportsandroid1027521388d197 7b58f835e2e0877e&network_id=524&device_id=device_id&site_id=none-provide

I'm telling you guys the ground work is being set already...

numba1CHANGsta
02-27-2015, 03:17 AM
Pelicans are never trading him!!

Why not? do you seriously see him re-signing after his contract is up? If I'm the Pelicans I trade him now especially for this draft and get a Randle+top5+their own draft picks and rebuild fast

bolts4ever
02-27-2015, 03:21 AM
Why not? do you seriously see him re-signing after his contract is up? If I'm the Pelicans I trade him now especially for this draft and get a Randle+top5+their own draft picks and rebuild fast

Name the last player who passed up 80million coming off their rookie deal??

Mr_Jones
02-27-2015, 03:38 AM
Sm tt

Mave1002
02-27-2015, 04:15 AM
That's a psychotic plan. 1st + Randle + the rest of the team for Anthony Davis would be a better plan.

Vinylman
02-27-2015, 09:56 AM

first sane thing you have posted in this thread

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-27-2015, 12:30 PM
your plan sucks

Hurricane H
02-27-2015, 02:00 PM
The Lakers front office has always thought big and I really don't think a full rebuild with young players has ever been the plan. I believe they will look to make trades with our picks and young players and use our FA cash..

The dream offseason

We have our future in the best front court in the league still sets us up to be players for Kevin Durant when Kobe retires & the cap goes up in 2016.

Thoughts???

I'm calling you crazy.

That is too much for cousins. If the FO do offer that, then I will call them crazy as well. Love is not coming here if he wants to win. Love can stay in Cleveland or sign with another team like Golden State.

royal bob
02-27-2015, 02:48 PM
In the reality of CBA, Kevin Love is not a $20 million player. He cannot carry a team by himself. He is...at best....a second option. His over-evaluation of his skills and value will stand in the way of him ever being a Laker.

Enjoy Cleveland.....

numba1CHANGsta
02-27-2015, 05:20 PM

Didn't Shaq leave ORL after his rookie contract was up? LOL

deadman8586
02-27-2015, 05:57 PM

Yeah, but no he is not going to pass up the money though sorry.

bleedprple&gold
02-27-2015, 08:32 PM

I think that was before restricted free agency existed. Now teams just match any offer for the big time stars unless that star really wants to leave then he has to take the qualifying offer like Greg Monroe did and delay your big pay day an extra year. Most guys aren't willing to do that and would rather stay with their team and take the money. Back then the Magic would have matched the Lakers offer and Shaq would have never left (at least for another 5 years).

RoyalG333
02-27-2015, 08:33 PM

The dream offseason

Thoughts???

I love Cousins. But...he's a head case...if we had Phil, I would trust getting a head case player like Demarcus. But I don't know...it's not the worst idea I've heard

Teeboy1487
02-27-2015, 09:36 PM
Lost me at Top 5 pick and Randle for Cousins :eyebrow:

Jenceman
03-01-2015, 03:30 PM
I love cousins but you don't trade two top 7 picks for the guy...

Rocco007
03-02-2015, 01:04 AM
This draft has too many good prospects at center to give up so quickly...Potentially with a couple better than Cousins... Okafor and Towns...

MT2A
03-02-2015, 01:48 AM
I think you stay with Randle, Clarkson, and maybe Ed Davis at the right price. Try to trade Swaggy. Let Kobe ride out the last year and start over when that cap goes up in 2016. I think that 3 game winning streak will cost them the top 5 pick so I am not even counting that. I wouldn't max anybody this offseason. Now if guys like Isaiah Thomas and Greg Monroe were available for a decent price you go for it, but I don't see anyone worth max leaving the teams that they are on (LA, Gasol, Kawhai, etc.) Oh BTW, Love, Rondo, Dragic, Deandre are not max guys...

Fabian43
03-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Marc Gasol isn't leaving Memphis, it's been his home for years. Greg Monroe is so-so.

The big man I'd love to target is DeAndre Jordan. He's played in 300 consecutive games, he's leading the league in rebounding, he's one of the games best defenders and he's still young. Clippers can't afford him and everyone else. Pair him with Randle and hopefully we can draft DeAngelo Russell or Mundiay

A core of Jordan - Randle - Mundiay is a good start

MT2A
03-03-2015, 12:43 AM
I like this, but I don't think DeAndre is a max player, but I guarantee his agent is going to ask for max money. With Balmer in charge now, I think he pays which cripples the Clips financially, but keeps their big 3 intact...

Fabian43
03-03-2015, 01:14 AM
Yeah, it's doubtful that DeAndre gets away because of his birds rights but there are creative ways to structure a contract and playing for the Lakers is an attractive option

Jayb587
03-03-2015, 02:04 AM
I like the trade. Cousins is the man and we will probably miss on okafor and towns, so Id go for it. Randle will end up nothing more than a glorifed role player

Vinylman
03-03-2015, 09:16 AM
Marc Gasol isn't leaving Memphis, it's been his home for years. Greg Monroe is so-so.

The big man I'd love to target is DeAndre Jordan. He's played in 300 consecutive games, he's leading the league in rebounding, he's one of the games best defenders and he's still young. Clippers can't afford him and everyone else. Pair him with Randle and hopefully we can draft DeAngelo Russell or Mundiay

Deandre Jordan without a play making PG would be a terrible investment... his scoring is terrible but what little he does score is because of them having good PG's

Fabian43
03-03-2015, 11:10 AM

Deandre Jordan without a play making PG would be a terrible investment... his scoring is terrible but what little he does score is because of them having good PG's

My proposal has us drafting Mundiay...obvious you didn't see that. Even if we miss on Mundiay there will be a few free agent PG's this summer

Vinylman
03-03-2015, 12:01 PM
My proposal has us drafting Mundiay...obvious you didn't see that. Even if we miss on Mundiay there will be a few free agent PG's this summer

oh... I didn't know who Mundiay was ... I know Mudiay but I would hardly call him a pass first PG...

It is probably irrelevant since he will most likely resign with the Clippers

deadman8586
03-03-2015, 04:56 PM
I like the trade. Cousins is the man and we will probably miss on okafor and towns, so Id go for it. Randle will end up nothing more than a glorifed role player

Ah no Cousins is a nutcase and I would go get Towns and until we know what Randle is he goes no where.

Jayb587
03-07-2015, 01:29 AM
Ah no Cousins is a nutcase and I would go get Towns and until we know what Randle is he goes no where.

I swear u lakers fans must be on drugs. no nothing about basketball. It is highly likely we wot be picking top 2. No one here even wanted randle in the first place, we all wanted smart. I can tell you what randle is right now, not a superstar. Cousing? SUPERSTAR

deadman8586
03-07-2015, 11:49 AM
I swear u lakers fans must be on drugs. no nothing about basketball. It is highly likely we wot be picking top 2. No one here even wanted randle in the first place, we all wanted smart. I can tell you what randle is right now, not a superstar. Cousing? SUPERSTAR

Expect the Lakers did and I never said Randle was going to be a superstar him and our draft pick will be cornerstones for this team the superstar comes in free agency in 2016 and maybe 2017 too. So the only person that's on drugs is you now beat it.

Jayb587
03-08-2015, 12:13 AM
Expect the Lakers did and I never said Randle was going to be a superstar him and our draft pick will be cornerstones for this team the superstar comes in free agency in 2016 and maybe 2017 too. So the only person that's on drugs is you now beat it.

u smoking that same stuff mitch is. Luckily Jeanie will fire this bum soon while he continues this **** plan that you approve of.

deadman8586
03-08-2015, 03:52 AM
u smoking that same stuff mitch is. Luckily Jeanie will fire this bum soon while he continues this **** plan that you approve of.

I'm just saying because no team wants to trade with us and Jeanine needs to fire herself too or just sell the team for giving Kobe Bryant that stupid contract extension I get it why she did it, but she needs to realize he will retire soon so we have to plan for life without him and another problem is no player wants to play second banana to him especially at his age. The only way we get a super star free agent now if Kobe retires which is the sad truth because Dwight didn't want to play with him what makes you think any other star player wants to now?

Oh by the way as for Marcus Smart he'll be a glorified role player as well and you can thank Nick Young for the reason why we ended up drafting 7th last year, but then again that's ok because Clarkson will be better than Smart anyways. Also being in the top 4 is not a bad thing because there is an one in four chance we get a good player on this team so you need think about that.

Lakersfan2483
03-08-2015, 02:44 PM
This summer is huge for the Lakers as a franchise. There aren't that many legit superstars that are available; however this team must get a good draft pick and sign a quality player like Deandre Jordan or even Greg Monroe and another quality wing player and they will be moving in the right direction. Plus, we get Julius Randle back so that's an added bonus. In other words, it's a make or break summer for this organization.

Lakersfan2483
03-08-2015, 02:50 PM

See I would take Jordan but only because it's very hard to find quality bigs that have his motor night in and night out. Pros-He's an anchor defensively night in and night out and can get you 14 Rebs and a few blocks a night on top of getting 12-15 pts per....Cons- Ideally as you eluded to, he needs to be force fed by a playmaking point and is limited on offense. In my opinion, you get Jordan and make a run at one of the point guards over the next 2 years and or acquire a playmaking point via trade or draft.

Don't disagree with your thought process in that he definitely needs someone to set him up scoring wise but I think that his other qualities out weigh his offensive limitations. I have him as my defensive player of the year this year and he should have been an all star this year . Also, he's still young at 26 and is durable.