PDA

View Full Version : Rondo suspended by Mavs

lamzoka
02-25-2015, 05:52 PM
@ChrisMannixSI: Dallas has suspended guard Rajon Rondo one game for conduct detrimental to the team.

KnicksorBust
02-25-2015, 05:56 PM
Honestly this kid has issues.

KnicksorBust
02-25-2015, 05:57 PM
[QUOTE=lamzoka:29657380]@ChrisMannixSI: Dallas has suspended guard Rajon Rondo one game for conduct detrimental to the team.[/QUOTE

Any details about what he did?

goingfor28
02-25-2015, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=lamzoka:29657380]@ChrisMannixSI: Dallas has suspended guard Rajon Rondo one game for conduct detrimental to the team.[/QUOTE

Arguing w Jim Carrey

DubbyDubbs
02-25-2015, 06:03 PM
He really pissed off rick carlysle in the game vs the raptors yesterday. He was benched in the 2nd half in favour of Devin Harris and was seen jawing with the coach while making his way to the bench.

Mr.B
02-25-2015, 06:04 PM

He ignored Carlisle during the game and forced Rick to call a time out and then got into a shouting match with him on the sideline. Was benched for most of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter last night. Mavs came back from a 10 point deficit during that time to win the game.

PAOboston
02-25-2015, 06:05 PM
So glad this guy isn't Boston's headache anymore.

KnicksorBust
02-25-2015, 06:06 PM

Arguing w Jim Carrey

Hes just jerking your chain. He'll juice ya up.

KnicksorBust
02-25-2015, 06:07 PM

He ignored Carlisle during the game and forced Rick to call a time out and then got into a shouting match with him on the sideline. Was benched for most of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter last night. Mavs came back from a 10 point deficit during that time to win the game.

What a clown. Be interesting to see how this plays out. Love the gamble for the upside but man is he a headache. Overinflated ego.

KnicksorBust
02-25-2015, 06:07 PM

Arguing w Jim Carrey

The password is nipple.

Ariza's Better
02-25-2015, 06:18 PM
What's the quickest turnaround from being traded to a new team and being suspended by that team. Rondo might have a record.

GiantsSwaGG
02-25-2015, 06:18 PM
Much respect to the Mavs, Rondo is a cancer and I doubt he'll be back with the Mavs after this season. He'll be the Lakers problem now

Sportfan
02-25-2015, 06:41 PM
Kind of sad to see how deflated Rondo's value has become over the past years.

KnicksorBust
02-25-2015, 06:43 PM
Much respect to the Mavs, Rondo is a cancer and I doubt he'll be back with the Mavs after this season. He'll be the Lakers problem now

You realize all this is BS right? Nobody is going to give a ******* about this in a month when teams are making playoff pushes. It's all going to be about how he does locking down the elite point guards of the Western Conference and if that is a success this never happened.

beasted86
02-25-2015, 06:59 PM
Rondo sucks. He no longer makes a positive impact, much like Josh Smith.

He's also a terrible leader and locker room cancer.He peaked at year 3 and has added nothing to his game.

KnicksorBust
02-25-2015, 07:11 PM

He's also a terrible leader and locker room cancer.He peaked at year 3 and has added nothing to his game.

And with beasted's magic want all Rondos serious injury issues should be ignored. :)

Saddletramp
02-25-2015, 07:13 PM

Now that he's playing his position again, Josh Smith is actually playing positive ball, even if it is from off the bench. Dumb comparison.

RLundi
02-25-2015, 07:58 PM
Where there's smoke, there's usually fire, so I'm sure Rondo is a cancer to some degree. But is some of this on Carlisle? He seems like he can be a huge douche. He was acting prick-y in a press conference yesterday. The reporter asked him a perfectly legitimate question and Carlisle clearly didn't answer it. The reporter pressed him again and Carlisle proceeded to be a douche before subsequently getting owned by the same reporter seconds later.

Idk, there's often two sides to a story. I don't think this is all Rondo being an *******. Carlisle probably deserves at least some of this blame too.

beasted86
02-25-2015, 08:13 PM
Now that he's playing his position again, Josh Smith is actually playing positive ball, even if it is from off the bench. Dumb comparison.

Both players made some improvement since leaving their last teams, obviously dropping some of the bad habits associated with a losing team, but overall don't move the needle impact wise anymore. Both of them their Roland rating was negative with their last team, and are now sporting a +2.6 and +0.6 respectively for Rondo and Smith with their new teams.

That's not a big impact compared to previous years. Rondo was at +6.8 and Smith +7.5 just 3 years ago in 2012 when on the floor.

You just don't know what type of player you're getting on a nightly basis from either of these players. One night they are making passes like Magic Johnson and showing defensive brilliance of a prime Pippen, but most nights it's nothing close, and just overall poor IQ play. They are both just role players at this point, fringe starters, surely not worth the 12+ they are both getting paid.

Tony_Starks
02-25-2015, 08:20 PM
Where there's smoke, there's usually fire, so I'm sure Rondo is a cancer to some degree. But is some of this on Carlisle? He seems like he can be a huge douche. He was acting prick-y in a press conference yesterday. The reporter asked him a perfectly legitimate question and Carlisle clearly didn't answer it. The reporter pressed him again and Carlisle proceeded to be a douche before subsequently getting owned by the same reporter seconds later.

Idk, there's often two sides to a story. I don't think this is all Rondo being an *******. Carlisle probably deserves at least some of this blame too.

I thought the reporter was being a jerk. Carlisle clearly wasn't falling for his bait and answering his loaded question the way he wanted so dude just wouldn't let it go. Like man he told you it was a coach's decision, quit trying to put words in his mouth.

Anyways, will be very amusing to see Rondo in Purp and Gold next year. Him and Kobe are probably going to brainwash Swaggy P like Clockwise Orange...

Hawkeye15
02-25-2015, 08:31 PM
where are the Rondo protectors nowadays?

I was called a hater for years. Fact is, he had 3 HOF players around him, and KG/Perk to cover up his gambling. The dude has never been an elite PG, and is actually a cancer.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2015, 08:32 PM
I thought the reporter was being a jerk. Carlisle clearly wasn't falling for his bait and answering his loaded question the way he wanted so dude just wouldn't let it go. Like man he told you it was a coach's decision, quit trying to put words in his mouth.

Anyways, will be very amusing to see Rondo in Purp and Gold next year. Him and Kobe are probably going to brainwash Swaggy P like Clockwise Orange...

I would LOVE if Rondo signed with the Lakers,

Sandman
02-25-2015, 08:37 PM
I made up my mind about Rondo a long time ago -- anybody know exactly what they disagreed about?

I sincerely doubt its like Bret Favre ignoring the coordinator and getting first downs anyway

Tony_Starks
02-25-2015, 08:52 PM

Anybody's better than Lin. Talk to Flip and see if we can work a sign and trade Lin for Rubio this summer!

lakerfan85
02-25-2015, 09:21 PM
I'd keep Lin over Rondo's overrated *** anyday of the week..

Tony_Starks
02-25-2015, 09:33 PM
I'd keep Lin over Rondo's overrated *** anyday of the week..

Sheeeeeid. If I saw Lin in the gym and he wanted to run I'd be like "nah man, already got my 5.......

Saddletramp
02-25-2015, 09:36 PM
Both players made some improvement since leaving their last teams, obviously dropping some of the bad habits associated with a losing team, but overall don't move the needle impact wise anymore. Both of them their Roland rating was negative with their last team, and are now sporting a +2.6 and +0.6 respectively for Rondo and Smith with their new teams.

That's not a big impact compared to previous years. Rondo was at +6.8 and Smith +7.5 just 3 years ago in 2012 when on the floor.

You just don't know what type of player you're getting on a nightly basis from either of these players. One night they are making passes like Magic Johnson and showing defensive brilliance of a prime Pippen, but most nights it's nothing close, and just overall poor IQ play. They are both just role players at this point, fringe starters, surely not worth the 12+ they are both getting paid.

Detroit made a really bad signing and on top of that, they played him out of position with guys who negated his strengths. He's in Houston now for cheap (about $2 million for the rest of the year and while that's underpaying for what he brings, I'm not sure how much more I'd sign him to next offseason). $12 M is an over pay and play him out of his position? He's a negative. $2 M and let him play his game at decreased minutes? Positive. I do agree though, he's pretty much either a Sixth Man or a decent starter on a bad team from here on out.

KG21
02-25-2015, 10:08 PM

I was called a hater for years. Fact is, he had 3 HOF players around him, and KG/Perk to cover up his gambling. The dude has never been an elite PG, and is actually a cancer.

:towel-wave:

Yes he had 3 HOF around him, but even that is not that easy to judge, the quality of one player. As 03/04 Lakers. They had 4 HOF players in Malone, Payton, Kobe and Shaq...And they didn't win it all. Shocker.

Despite all the spitting on Rondo all the time, he was vital part of that 08 Boston team. And still can be old rondo we know. But they are not using him at his best potential IMO.

Rondo is a PURE PG. Yeah he can't shoot, and could improve but, PG's main role is to distribute and make plays for others.

Anyway, he should not mouth the coach like that. But who knows what were they arguing about.

jp611
02-25-2015, 10:14 PM
I remember when Mavs fans jumped down my throat when I told them he's not a good fit for the team, makes the team worse, and carries a **** ton of baggage w/ him.

Reality finally setting in for Dallas fans.

RLundi
02-25-2015, 10:15 PM
Sheeeeeid. If I saw Lin in the gym and he wanted to run I'd be like "nah man, already got my 5.......

:laugh2:

blahblahyoutoo
02-25-2015, 10:31 PM
You realize all this is BS right? Nobody is going to give a ******* about this in a month when teams are making playoff pushes. It's all going to be about how he does locking down the elite point guards of the Western Conference and if that is a success this never happened.

he'll be beasting with that 47% FT.

Chronz
02-25-2015, 11:34 PM
I'd pick him up and beat your 5

WVNowitzki
02-26-2015, 12:46 AM

I'm not a huge Rondo fan, you can take him or leave him in my opinion, but I am not really a huge fan of Carlisle. I know he seems to get a lot of praise around the league from other coaches and various outlets, but I think he makes some boneheaded calls sometimes and is so hot and cold with guys that it hurts morale.

IKnowHoops
02-26-2015, 01:34 AM
I side with Carlisle all the way. Carlisle has proven to be a great coach. He's got a ring. And he is the only coach that consistently gives the Spurs nightmares. Rhondo is a spoiled little brat. He can't shoot at all. I would take Rhondo as my backup pg. Give him about 16 minutes a game.

Blitzace137
02-26-2015, 01:51 AM

God I hope so, so the Knicks lay off of him.

Blitzace137
02-26-2015, 01:52 AM

lol you talking about your team in the Y? :laugh2:

Blitzace137
02-26-2015, 01:54 AM
I remember when Mavs fans jumped down my throat when I told them he's not a good fit for the team, makes the team worse, and carries a **** ton of baggage w/ him.

Reality finally setting in for Dallas fans.

I think Dragic would've been a better fit for the Mavs but he wouldn't re-sign.

ThuglifeJ
02-26-2015, 01:59 AM
Kind of sad to see how deflated Rondo's value has become over the past years.

Right I thought he was an absolute stud, most underrated PG not too long ago.

ThuglifeJ
02-26-2015, 02:02 AM

No he's not. Josh Smith is constantly hurting his team when he's on the floor. The dumb 3s, dumb turnovers, ball stoppage is still there.

Your defense for any ANYTHING even slightly critical of Rockets is enddlesss. And downright pathetic.

Mr.B
02-26-2015, 02:04 AM
I think Dragic would've been a better fit for the Mavs but he wouldn't re-sign.

I've been saying the exact same thing. I also think Ty Lawson would be a great fit. Rumor was that the Nuggets were trying to trade him at the deadline. If the Mavs could find a way to get their hands on him I think he'd do a great job for the Mavs.

ThuglifeJ
02-26-2015, 02:07 AM

I'm not a huge Rondo fan, you can take him or leave him in my opinion, but I am not really a huge fan of Carlisle. I know he seems to get a lot of praise around the league from other coaches and various outlets, but I think he makes some boneheaded calls sometimes and is so hot and cold with guys that it hurts morale.

I'm a huge Carlisle fan and supporter but I agree he is hot and cold with players. He definitely picks his favorites.

TheNumber37
02-26-2015, 02:37 AM
This will all be forgotten in the Playoffs where Rondo always shows up

Ariza's Better
02-26-2015, 02:38 AM
No he's not. Josh Smith is constantly hurting his team when he's on the floor. The dumb 3s, dumb turnovers, ball stoppage is still there.

I know it's hard for you to pay attention to anything but Harden because your secretly in love with him, but you should watch Josh Smith now because your incredible wrong.

Saddletramp
02-26-2015, 05:06 AM

Constantly? And you do know that he's hitting around 45% from the three point line this month, right? He's rebounding like crazy lately, making fantastic passes and his motor is almost nonstop. Is he perfect? No. Is he an allstar? No. Will he be the difference to lead to a championship? Doubtful. Is he helping the Rockets win games right now while Dwight is out? Absolutely. He's probably been the difference in at least 4-5 games in what little time he's been in Houston.

Your defense for any ANYTHING even slightly critical of Rockets is enddlesss. And downright pathetic.

Your trolling and hate for ANYTHING even slightly Rockets related is endless. And it's downright pathetic. Watch a Rockets game without your hate goggles on for once, see that you're wrong, correct your asinine posts and then just stop posting.

Goose17
02-26-2015, 06:11 AM

Completely agree. Being saying the same for a long time.

R. Johnson#3
02-26-2015, 09:03 AM
Rondo vs Carlisle is a battle that Rondo will lose 10 times out of 10.

ThuglifeJ
02-26-2015, 09:35 AM

I know it's hard for you to pay attention to anything but Harden because your secretly in love with him, but you should watch Josh Smith now because your incredible wrong.
I do. He SUCKS.

Chrisclover
02-26-2015, 10:06 AM

Offending the coach is serious enough to get him suspended

Thumper 88
02-26-2015, 11:48 AM
Report: Rajon Rondo 'extremely unlikely' to stay in Dallas after this season

http://t.co/lbSGKfZpnB http://t.co/4hfmWxV0gU

Mr.B
02-26-2015, 12:26 PM

I'm just hoping the Mavs can find a way to work out some kind of sign and trade. Dallas still has Rondo's Bird Rights so Dallas can offer him more than any other team. Cuban and Donnie needs to find a way to get Ty Lawson in Dallas.

Hawkeye15
02-26-2015, 01:23 PM
:towel-wave:

Yes he had 3 HOF around him, but even that is not that easy to judge, the quality of one player. As 03/04 Lakers. They had 4 HOF players in Malone, Payton, Kobe and Shaq...And they didn't win it all. Shocker.

Despite all the spitting on Rondo all the time, he was vital part of that 08 Boston team. And still can be old rondo we know. But they are not using him at his best potential IMO.

Rondo is a PURE PG. Yeah he can't shoot, and could improve but, PG's main role is to distribute and make plays for others.

Anyway, he should not mouth the coach like that. But who knows what were they arguing about.

I am not saying they won in SPITE of Rondo, I am saying his importance was always entirely overrated by his defenders. He was a replacement level PG.

jp611
02-26-2015, 02:37 PM

So about that good fit?

Thumper 88
02-26-2015, 02:39 PM
So about that good fit?

?

jp611
02-26-2015, 02:45 PM
?

You jumped down my throat when I said Rondo wasn't a good fit for the team.

GiantsSwaGG
02-26-2015, 03:01 PM
I'm just hoping the Mavs can find a way to work out some kind of sign and trade. Dallas still has Rondo's Bird Rights so Dallas can offer him more than any other team. Cuban and Donnie needs to find a way to get Ty Lawson in Dallas.

Who's trading for a declining PG that is a cancer in the lockerroom? Maybe the Lakers? But what do they have to offer?

Thumper 88
02-26-2015, 03:09 PM
You jumped down my throat when I said Rondo wasn't a good fit for the team.
I don't remember being inside your throat.. Oh wait I think I remember that one time when I was ;)

Vampirate
02-26-2015, 03:18 PM
Rondo's leverage for the upcoming contract negotiation has been pretty much nuked.

Mr.B
02-26-2015, 08:11 PM
I don't remember being inside your throat.. Oh wait I think I remember that one time when I was ;)

Hahaha!!

Mr.B
02-26-2015, 08:13 PM
Who's trading for a declining PG that is a cancer in the lockerroom? Maybe the Lakers? But what do they have to offer?

You'd be surprised. Rondo is still just 28-29 years old. There will likely be a team (other than the Lakers) that think they can handle Rondo. It will be up to Cuban and Donnie to talk a team (or teams) into doing a trade..

Hawkeye15
02-26-2015, 09:15 PM

hahahahahahahaha

THE MTL
02-27-2015, 01:46 AM
i'd keep lin over rondo's overrated *** anyday of the week..

sheeeeeid. If i saw lin in the gym and he wanted to run i'd be like "nah man, already got my 5.......

lmfao

kobe4thewinbang
02-27-2015, 02:20 AM
Rondo can make all of his own plays that he wants in purple & gold.
:eyebrow:

Tony_Starks
02-27-2015, 02:51 AM

You'd be surprised. Rondo is still just 28-29 years old. There will likely be a team (other than the Lakers) that think they can handle Rondo. It will be up to Cuban and Donnie to talk a team (or teams) into doing a trade..

Rondo will still have his suitors but this debacle is going to cost him contract money this summer....

G_S_W
02-27-2015, 03:04 AM
I don't know what the demand will be for a PG shooting 40% from the field, 28% from 3's and 28% from the free throw line.

FriedTofuz
02-27-2015, 03:44 AM
Looks like the lakers and knickks are back in the game for rondo. Though I'm not sure if theyd want him knowing his issues

Mr.B
02-27-2015, 10:53 AM
Rondo will still have his suitors but this debacle is going to cost him contract money this summer....

That's very possible and likely. I was trying to think of teams that would want or could use Rondo and the Bulls came to mind. They don't have a guy like Monta that dominates the ball and a player like Rondo would actually fit their offense. They are also much closer to being a legit contender than the Lakers are (assuming Lakers management actually wants Rondo). I could see there being a S&T (with a 3rd team being involved) that sends Rondo to the Bulls. Ideally I would like to see Rondo going to the Bulls - draft picks, cash, a young player or two going to Denver - Ty Lawson and Chandler going to the Mavs

jp611
02-27-2015, 10:58 AM
Rondo would be the worst fit on the Bulls :puke:

Tony_Starks
02-27-2015, 11:41 AM

That's very possible and likely. I was trying to think of teams that would want or could use Rondo and the Bulls came to mind. They don't have a guy like Monta that dominates the ball and a player like Rondo would actually fit their offense. They are also much closer to being a legit contender than the Lakers are (assuming Lakers management actually wants Rondo). I could see there being a S&T (with a 3rd team being involved) that sends Rondo to the Bulls. Ideally I would like to see Rondo going to the Bulls - draft picks, cash, a young player or two going to Denver - Ty Lawson and Chandler going to the Mavs

I think the Bulls struggle too much offensively as it is to be interested. And there's no way in hell he does a sign and trade to help the Mavs. He's out. Lakers will be desperate enough for a name to do it. Knicks don't make much sense because the pg has to be able to shoot in the triangle. OKC makes a lot of sense because you could let him set the table and completely unleash Westbrook, but him and Rondo are too much alike personality wise.

It'll all really be up to Rondo. He's a total wildcard so it just depends where he wants to play. Seems like this BFF thing with Kobe is legit...

Mr.B
02-27-2015, 10:01 PM
I think the Bulls struggle too much offensively as it is to be interested. And there's no way in hell he does a sign and trade to help the Mavs. He's out. Lakers will be desperate enough for a name to do it. Knicks don't make much sense because the pg has to be able to shoot in the triangle. OKC makes a lot of sense because you could let him set the table and completely unleash Westbrook, but him and Rondo are too much alike personality wise.

It'll all really be up to Rondo. He's a total wildcard so it just depends where he wants to play. Seems like this BFF thing with Kobe is legit...

Westbrook is more of a ball dominant guard than Ellis is. No way in hell he'd be ok with letting Rondo dominate the ball.

ewing
02-28-2015, 12:56 AM
Im still not ruling out this fit in Dallas. we have 7 weeks to the playoffs. I think this team could fit Rondo and I am sure he had a flare up in Boston every year as well.

Thumper 88
02-28-2015, 09:19 AM
Yeah, it all depends on what happens in the playoffs

Mr.B
03-01-2015, 06:05 AM
Im still not ruling out this fit in Dallas. we have 7 weeks to the playoffs. I think this team could fit Rondo and I am sure he had a flare up in Boston every year as well.

I know Donnie and Cuban really want to resign Rondo. If he wants to stay in Dallas Cuban will pay him.