PDA

View Full Version : IF OKC finish as the 8th seed...

Goose17
02-25-2015, 01:01 PM
Obviously this is ENTIRELY subjective.

How far can they go as the 8th seed? Can they make history and get to the finals? Or even win it all?

Obviously there's a strong possibility they finish higher than 8th, but hypothetically let's just say they finish 8th. Realistically how far do you think they can go without HCA? Which teams do they want to avoid (if any)? And if they run the gauntlet out West and reach the finals is there a team in the East that could beat them?

goingfor28
02-25-2015, 01:03 PM
It's a crap shoot. I legitimately think any of the 8 teams could come out of the West. A lot depending on health, and being hot at the right time.

nycericanguy
02-25-2015, 01:03 PM
of course they can, why not? I believe the Knicks did it in '99 as well

Goose17
02-25-2015, 01:06 PM
of course they can, why not? I believe the Knicks did it in '99 as well

Well they didn't win but yeah, good call. That was the lockout year right?

Chronz
02-25-2015, 01:19 PM
I was literally about to make this thread, only I titled it ; If you're the warriors, do you tank to avoid the Thunder?

Goose17
02-25-2015, 01:40 PM
I was literally about to make this thread, only I titled it ; If you're the warriors, do you tank to avoid the Thunder?

Haha. Well we've won 3 out of 4 games against them this season.

As a Dubs fan I would much rather finish first and face OKC than finish 2nd and face San Antonio. I think we would be the favourites in a 7 game series against okc.

But if they did get past us I'm not sure who there is to stop them. They would crap all over the Clippers. Memphis and San Antonio would be the best bets I suppose? Portland might be able to push them to 7 games, maybe even win it? I don't know. The west is crazy deep with talent.

I think anyone who makes it to the post season out west has a chance of going all the way at this point.

Chronz
02-25-2015, 01:53 PM

As a Dubs fan I would much rather finish first and face OKC than finish 2nd and face San Antonio. I think we would be the favourites in a 7 game series against okc.

But if they did get past us I'm not sure who there is to stop them. They would crap all over the Clippers. Memphis and San Antonio would be the best bets I suppose? Portland might be able to push them to 7 games, maybe even win it? I don't know. The west is crazy deep with talent.

I think anyone who makes it to the post season out west has a chance of going all the way at this point.

dont agree with you and definitely dont see the relevance of their h2h records.

cmellofan15
02-25-2015, 01:55 PM
with Westbrook anything is possible. that dude has been absolutely ape **** this season when he's been healthy.

Tony_Starks
02-25-2015, 02:24 PM
It would be Dallas vs Warriors again, ironically, with the Warriors on the losing end this time.

Never happens tho. Thunder are going up to 7, possibly 6.

GoferKing_
02-25-2015, 02:40 PM
Regular season games mean nothing. You can go hot for a good stretch a beat anyone. PO is different, when you face the same team 4 or more games in a row. Everyone has time to adapt, etc. It is a different game. Warriors vs Thunder would be a great back and forth series. :)

Goose17
02-25-2015, 02:43 PM
dont agree with you and definitely dont see the relevance of their h2h records.

Cool.

Chronz
02-25-2015, 02:51 PM
Cool.

Who?

gamechanger0908
02-25-2015, 02:52 PM
No one is beating the Warriors if they stay healthy

lakerfan85
02-25-2015, 02:57 PM
Well KD is going to have to be as close to 100% going into the playoffs for them to make some noise.. If he is I think they have a good shot to win the whole thing because of the upgrades they made to their bench..

Sanjay
02-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Well KD is going to have to be as close to 100% going into the playoffs for them to make some noise.. If he is I think they have a good shot to win the whole thing because of the upgrades they made to their bench..

And Westbrook, best tandem in the league.

FlashBolt
02-25-2015, 07:54 PM
People are severely underrating OKC right now. KD has only played 27 games and we're 8th seed. Imagine if we had a healthy team all season. That best record of GSW? Would probably be ours.

cmellofan15
02-25-2015, 11:31 PM
People are severely underrating OKC right now. KD has only played 27 games and we're 8th seed. Imagine if we had a healthy team all season. That best record of GSW? Would probably be ours.

thought you were a heat fan...

mightybosstone
02-26-2015, 12:12 AM
Goose, I love you dude, but your poll answers are terrible as per usual. If I look at the poll and I 100 percent believe in two totally different answers, and those poll answers do not exclude one another, then your poll has failed miserably.

Don't ask, "How far do you think they will go?" and follow that up by allowing posters to answer how far you think they "can" go AND how far you think they "will" go. Because I don't think they will advance to the Finals. There are too many good teams in the West, and the odds are stacked against them as an 8 seed. However, that doesn't mean I think they're incapable of winning it all. A healthy OKC team with all the additions they just made to their rotation is as talented as any team in the league.

Avenged
02-26-2015, 12:18 AM
Nobody wants to face them I'll tell you that.

jerellh528
02-26-2015, 12:19 AM
wrong thread

PayDaPiper
02-26-2015, 01:15 AM
8 seed (Thunder) upsetting the 1 seed (Warriors) obviously would not be as big a deal as when the Warriors did it to the Mavs 7 or 8 years ago. Literally 1-8 seeds can come out of the West, which is pretty ridiculous, but just means the parity in the NBA is great.

With that being said this would be a great series and should be saved for the WCF, unfortunately it wouldn't be. Would probably go 7 games and I give the edge to Warriors, strictly on home court advantage, very tough to beat them at Oracle, especially come playoffs... the same can be said about in OKC..

^^ Considering both teams are healthy. If one teams has a significant injury, the other team will win.

jerellh528
02-26-2015, 01:20 AM
How I see the most to least likely to win the wcf if healthy

1. Gs
2. Mem
3. Okc
4. Sas
5. Dal
6. Lac
7. Hou
8. Port

Chronz
02-26-2015, 02:02 AM
Whos bad?

1. Gs
2. Mem
3. Okc
4. Sas
5. Dal
6. Lac
7. Hou
8. Port

Dallas? lol y?

Sadds The Gr8
02-26-2015, 02:31 AM

1. Gs
2. Mem
3. Okc
4. Sas
5. Dal
6. Lac
7. Hou
8. Port

I'd slide Port to 5 then bump down the rest. I'd prolly put LAC ahead of DAL also but wouldnt set it in stone.

nastynice
02-26-2015, 03:20 AM

1. Gs
2. Mem
3. Okc
4. Sas
5. Dal
6. Lac
7. Hou
8. Port

slide portland above spurs, and maybe swap gsw and mem

Goose17
02-26-2015, 04:04 AM
Goose, I love you dude, but your poll answers are terrible as per usual. If I look at the poll and I 100 percent believe in two totally different answers, and those poll answers do not exclude one another, then your poll has failed miserably.

Don't ask, "How far do you think they will go?" and follow that up by allowing posters to answer how far you think they "can" go AND how far you think they "will" go. Because I don't think they will advance to the Finals. There are too many good teams in the West, and the odds are stacked against them as an 8 seed. However, that doesn't mean I think they're incapable of winning it all. A healthy OKC team with all the additions they just made to their rotation is as talented as any team in the league.

The question of the thread IS how far do you think they WILL go as an 8th seed. Not how far can they go. Apologies is I wasn't clear about that.

But how far "can" they go is a pointless question. Anyone who makes the playoffs in the West CAN go all the way imo. But that doesn't mean they will.

And I haven't noticed you posting recently. Good to see the one non-troll from the Houston camp posting again.

Kyben36
02-26-2015, 04:33 AM
they have a great chance, = to anyone else IMO in the west, but, problem is the west is sooooooo strong, i could not pick one out of the bunch

IKnowHoops
02-26-2015, 04:53 AM

This doesn't mean much.

sharqstealth
02-26-2015, 04:57 AM
If GSW and OKC face each other in the 1st rd. I predict neither team will get into the Finals. They will probably wear out each other playing 7 games with lots of overtimes in the series. Then come conference finals if the Spurs are there no one will get past them.

Goose17
02-26-2015, 05:28 AM
This doesn't mean much.

True. Doesn't mean nothing either. Playoffs are a whole other beast though.

nastynice
02-26-2015, 12:49 PM
am i the only one who thinks that if they finish with the 8th seed, they won't make the playoffs? They're just not as deep as they used to be...

mightybosstone
02-26-2015, 02:17 PM

1. Gs
2. Mem
3. Okc
4. Sas
5. Dal
6. Lac
7. Hou
8. PortDallas that high makes absolutely no sense. I would move them down to dead last and move the Clippers and Rockets ahead of the Spurs.

Goose17
02-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Dallas that high makes absolutely no sense. I would move them down to dead last and move the Clippers and Rockets ahead of the Spurs.

I would have Spurs third. Dallas 7th. Clippers and Houston moved up.

The West is just too unpredictable though. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few first round upsets this year.

lol, please
02-26-2015, 04:53 PM

1. Gs
2. Mem
3. Okc
4. Sas
5. Dal
6. Lac
7. Hou
8. Port

My order would be
1. GS
2. OKC
3. SAS
4. DAL
5. MEM
6. HOU
7. POR
8. LAC

Chronz
02-26-2015, 05:08 PM
My order would be
1. GS
2. OKC
3. SAS
4. DAL
5. MEM
6. HOU
7. POR
8. LAC

Quite possibly the worst list I've ever seen. Ever... In all my list seeing days, not once have I felt such pity.

Gibby23
02-26-2015, 05:12 PM
am i the only one who thinks that if they finish with the 8th seed, they won't make the playoffs? They're just not as deep as they used to be...

Yes

benzni
02-26-2015, 05:27 PM
Luckily for fans of the NBA, OKC will continue to climb the standings. I would hate to see either OKC or GSW get bounced in the 1st round. I honestly have no clue who would win with the way these teams are playing. I would lean towards GS solely because they have the home court. Both these teams are my top 2 picks to make the conference finals with teams like Portland, Memphis, and Houston having a good chance too. My pick at the beginning of the year was the Clippers, but I really don't think they can beat any of the teams I mentioned. No disrespect to them. Any one of those teams would dominate the east, even a healthy Cavs team.

lol, please
02-26-2015, 05:31 PM
Luckily for fans of the NBA, OKC will continue to climb the standings. I would hate to see either OKC or GSW get bounced in the 1st round. I honestly have no clue who would win with the way these teams are playing. I would lean towards GS solely because they have the home court. Both these teams are my top 2 picks to make the conference finals with teams like Portland, Memphis, and Houston having a good chance too. My pick at the beginning of the year was the Clippers, but I really don't think they can beat any of the teams I mentioned. No disrespect to them. Any one of those teams would dominate the east, even a healthy Cavs team.
Well said. Good post.

goingfor28
02-26-2015, 05:31 PM
I hope okc stays at 8 and sweeps GS just to shut lol up

lol, please
02-26-2015, 05:49 PM
I hope okc stays at 8 and sweeps GS just to shut lol up
If they do I will eat crow and root for them going forward. I crowned them as favorites pre season and would not be far off the mark and would add another true prediction under my belt if they win it all. If we do get eliminated no finer team to do it than OKC. I don't root for any other team than the warriors (and Lakers) but I would applaud Durant winning a ring this year. Pure class.

cmellofan15
02-26-2015, 07:43 PM
My order would be
1. GS
2. OKC
3. SAS
4. DAL
5. MEM
6. HOU
7. POR
8. LAC

any reasoning behind this list or is it str8 bias as usual?

KnicksorBust
02-26-2015, 08:15 PM
I'd love to get out on a limb and say OKC in the Finals or OKC wins the title but with Durant in and out of the lineup it's too BS at this point. Call me in 2 months. Right now I'm really feelin the Cavs.

KnicksorBust
02-26-2015, 08:17 PM
Quite possibly the worst list I've ever seen. Ever... In all my list seeing days, not once have I felt such pity.

hyperbole at its finest

SoCal Bob
02-27-2015, 02:12 PM
Most dangerous 8th seed ever?

Ty Fast
02-28-2015, 02:02 AM
Not with a banged up KD