PDA

View Full Version : Rose tears meniscus, needs surgery; Will return this season

North Yorker
02-24-2015, 11:44 PM
SportsCenterVerified account
‏@SportsCenter
BREAKING: Derrick Rose will undergo surgery for meniscus tear in right knee.
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/570428564383928320

Damn, can't catch a break.

J4KOP99
02-24-2015, 11:45 PM
Poor guy

Ezio
He'll probably be thinking retirement soon...

goingfor28
Lololol. It's not funny but it is

meloman1592
Was just gonna post this

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/derrick-rose-tears-medial-meniscus-knee-surgery-indefinitely-225500488--nba.html

GodsSon
Sucks for him and the Bulls

Mr. Baller
02-24-2015, 11:46 PM
Unreal

Cal827
02-24-2015, 11:47 PM
****, that's terrible news.

Young2Kinsler
02-24-2015, 11:48 PM
Brandon Roy/Grant Hill territory

asandhu23
02-24-2015, 11:50 PM
Penny Hardaway of this generation.

MelanconMadness
02-24-2015, 11:51 PM
It's almost becoming depressing

mRc08
02-24-2015, 11:52 PM
Time to change sig after 6 long years. I'm done

NYSpirit1
02-24-2015, 11:52 PM
What's the matter with this guy? For all the criticism for Melo not going to the Bulls.. he would've had to deal with Amare for 5 years then Derrick Rose? Please...

The last HEALTHY year he had was his MVP season in LeBron's first year in MIAMI. That's how long ago it was. He had an injury riddled lockout year, then tore his ACL, then was out all year, came back to play like 6 games, missed all last season. Came back now and needs surgery again.

There's no way he'll ever be an All-Star again at this rate.

markm777
02-24-2015, 11:53 PM
As a fan of b ball, this is just terribly sad. Dude just cant stay healthy, so unfortunate. Is it time bulls give up on him? I hope not, this is going to hurt bulls title chances now. Anyone know a time table on games missed or is this more commonly a season ending injury?

lakerfan85
02-24-2015, 11:55 PM

No, it's not funny at all..

goingfor28
02-24-2015, 11:55 PM
No, it's not funny at all..
Just a little. Dude just flat out can not stay healthy.

Sadds The Gr8
02-24-2015, 11:56 PM
Wow. East is Cleveland's now

Snakeyestx
02-24-2015, 11:57 PM
Soooooo.... think Chicago will re-sign Nate Robinson back onto their roster now? :confused:

Mr. Baller
02-24-2015, 11:58 PM

With or without Rose, Chicago had no shot of the east this year. Just haven't been that good of a team this season.

sens#11fan
02-24-2015, 11:58 PM
Damn, he's one of my favorite players in the league and i look up to him, as it is amazing how successful he became after living in a bad neighborhood during his youth. I was really optimistic about him returning to his old form or at least at an allstar level. Unfortunately, I think he'll never reach back his old form and will only show flashes of it, if he decides to return. In addition, its amazing how Westbrook is arguably playing at the same level if not better than Drose in his mvp run despite his 3 surgeries, although they suffered different surgeries.

FlashBolt
02-25-2015, 12:00 AM
Remember when I said this is inevitable and all the Bulls fans kept saying "Rose is back, he just needs more time"? Yeah.. you don't recover from injury after injury from the same damn issue. Sorry, it's over for Rose. I never liked him and don't feel bad for him. Not after they caught him clubbing after his team lost in the Playoffs WHILE he was injured, and the fact that his brother went out publicly saying Bulls needed more help for Rose...

Sadds The Gr8
With or without Rose, Chicago had no shot of the east this year. Just haven't been that good of a team this season.
I don't think any team has looked that good in the east (except ATL) tho so it was a toss up to me. I know it's cliche to discredit ATL because of lack of playoff success but.....

PayDaPiper
Poor guy, had the talent to be one of the best to ever play if he stayed healthy.

Wouldn't be surprised if he calls it quits, not gonna be able to walk after bball if he keeps going.

wizardsfan3

Smh

Shady66
02-25-2015, 12:01 AM
Damn feel so bad for him. As people have stated this is grant hill/ penny hardaway territory. I hope he can come back to be a good role player, but theirs no way he will ever be close to what he once was.

R. Johnson#3
02-25-2015, 12:02 AM
It's so sad to see a player with so much talent just constantly get hurt like this. I hope he can come back and somehow stay healthy.

Teeboy1487
02-25-2015, 12:02 AM
Derrick's knees are done. At this point, it's time for the Bulls to draft his replacement. Jerian Grant out of Notre Dame would be perfect. I certainly hate this for the Bulls and their fans.

FlashBolt
02-25-2015, 12:03 AM
Poor guy, had the talent to be one of the best to ever play if he stayed healthy.

Wouldn't be surprised if he calls it quits, not gonna be able to walk after bball if he keeps going.

Lol? Be one of the best ever? He's like an inferior version of Westbrook. Give me a break. The guy had one great season and people really thought he was going to be one of the greatest?

Hawkeye15
02-25-2015, 12:06 AM
jesus christ. Hill/Roy/Penny all over again.

Just bs

PayDaPiper
02-25-2015, 12:07 AM
Lol? Be one of the best ever? He's like an inferior version of Westbrook. Give me a break. The guy had one great season and people really thought he was going to be one of the greatest?

There's only been 30 MVP's in the history of the NBA and he's one of them, and yes he had one great season because hes been injured ever since...

Inferior to Westbrook? you must not have watched him pre injuries...

PowerHouse
02-25-2015, 12:16 AM
I wish I could say I didnt see it coming but...wait, we ALL saw it coming. Never mind.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2015, 12:16 AM

eh, he had the talent to join that top 30 players ever for sure.

But, that ship has sailed.

Vinny642
02-25-2015, 12:17 AM
Sad

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-25-2015, 12:25 AM
I just went to my first Bulls game since Rose's MVP season last night. As bad as Rose played, he looked so fast and explosive as he has been the last couple months and we blew out the Bucks. Everything was pointing up for this team. I just wanna leave Chicago right now that's how bad I feel.

Jarvo
02-25-2015, 12:29 AM
Damn man, He could be back in 6-8 weeks so I'm gonna stay positive for this young man but I hate to say it but..

Grant Hill
Penny Hardaway
Brandon Roy
D Rose

kobe4thewinbang
02-25-2015, 12:30 AM
SportsCenterVerified account
‏@SportsCenter
BREAKING: Derrick Rose will undergo surgery for meniscus tear in right knee.
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/570428564383928320:sigh:

After he was so good this year? Seriously--he looked amazing in several games, even though he was sitting out games here and there. I hope he can come back for the playoffs. If not, this really sucks. Again.

More-Than-Most
02-25-2015, 12:39 AM
lol yea he is done. Sad that all that talent will be wasted but there will always be another Tmac.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-25-2015, 12:39 AM
sorry but this guys career is done

lamzoka
02-25-2015, 12:40 AM
At this point he just needs to hang it up.

numba1CHANGsta
02-25-2015, 12:42 AM
LOL @ LeBron's tweet, like he seriously feels bad for this guy, he's probably celebrating another cakewalk to the Finals this year. I love it how all the big stars get hurt other than LeBron, he def sold his soul to the devil

InRoseWeTrust
02-25-2015, 12:43 AM
So sad. Forward, though. It's officially Jimmy's team now.

72 Wins
02-25-2015, 12:48 AM
Still in shock. Might be a good time to change out my sig like someone else said. ughhhh

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-25-2015, 12:49 AM
LOL @ LeBron's tweet, like he seriously feels bad for this guy, he's probably celebrating another cakewalk to the Finals this year. I love it how all the big stars get hurt other than LeBron, he def sold his soul to the devil

Let's not make this about Lebron now. This is tragic news for a whole city if indeed he is done. There hasn't been an athlete since Jordan we've embraced as much as we embraced Derrick Rose.

Draco
02-25-2015, 12:50 AM
Yep, heartbreaking. It'll be interesting to see what the FO does with this team.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2015, 12:51 AM

I can't wait until Kobe retires, because of you and your fans.

Jarvo
02-25-2015, 12:53 AM

Yeah he has a another cakewalk to The Finals (if Cavs goes) but who else people were thinking was gonna come out The East but The Bulls & Cavs?

JordansBulls
02-25-2015, 12:53 AM
Wtf

Hardaway Here
02-25-2015, 12:54 AM
I was never sold on Rose when he "came back" this season. I wanted to see if he could stay healthy a full year and then make my assessment, but damn his knees won't allow it. His talk about life after basketball could be coming much sooner than later.

Ariza's Better
02-25-2015, 12:55 AM
Worst thing Bulls can do now is hang onto the hope Rose will come back. That's what Houston did with Ming and it ended up with Houston being stuck not doing anything.

numba1CHANGsta
02-25-2015, 12:57 AM

You think we care if Kobe retires or not? all we care about is winning championships, which I can't say for your team LOL

LakerShow
02-25-2015, 12:59 AM
This guy is heading down the path of a Brandon roy. Its like a giant joke. But reality.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-25-2015, 01:02 AM
This guy is heading down the path of a Brandon roy. Its like a giant joke. But reality.

I hate to agree with you as one of his biggest fans. But I think he's already there.

kobe4thewinbang
02-25-2015, 01:03 AM
Can't wait to see what the timetable is after the surgery...

At least Jimmy Butler has crazily improved, though.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-25-2015, 01:06 AM
Worst thing Bulls can do now is hang onto the hope Rose will come back. That's what Houston did with Ming and it ended up with Houston being stuck not doing anything.

Ya well the trade deadline has come and gone so there isn't much they can do. We have a roster spot open and I imagine it'll go to Nate Robinson.

InRoseWeTrust
02-25-2015, 01:07 AM
Can't wait to see what the timetable is after the surgery...

At least Jimmy Butler has crazily improved, though.

Yeah, trying to hold on to that right now. Jimmy can be a key player on a big team, but if Rose is done (I'm just going to assume he is?) it's going to be so tough to work around the cap number.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2015, 01:09 AM
You think we care if Kobe retires or not? all we care about is winning championships, which I can't say for your team LOL

No, I want your fans to go away. You have a ****ing weird obsession with LeBron James because he will pass your hero. You went out of your way, in a thread that has literally NOTHING to do with LeBron or Kobe, to point out your distaste.

It's pathetic. Kobe fans are the reason I hate him.

akagiredsuns
02-25-2015, 01:10 AM
Damn man, He could be back in 6-8 weeks so I'm gonna stay positive for this young man but I hate to say it but..

Grant Hill
Penny Hardaway
Brandon Roy
D Rose

Are you out of your damn mind? Are you really gonna risk bringing him back knowing how fragile his knees are after a 3rd devastating injury? You would be one selfish GM or coach to tell Rose to come back in 6-8 weeks for the sake of winning. The guy needs to shut it down for the season and start pondering his future. 6-8 weeks :facepalm:

kobe4thewinbang
02-25-2015, 01:10 AM
Yeah, trying to hold on to that right now. Jimmy can be a key player on a big team, but if Rose is done (I'm just going to assume he is?) it's going to be so tough to work around the cap number.I guess it depends on the severity of the surgery and recovery time. After his comments, Rose may very well just give up and negotiate a buyout to help the Bulls soften the blow. I dunno. It's what I would do, were I in his place.

Vampirate
02-25-2015, 01:11 AM
I'm not even a fan of the Bulls or Rose but my first reaction was "What?!? Really!?! Ugh.."

FlashBolt
02-25-2015, 01:12 AM
eh, he had the talent to join that top 30 players ever for sure.

But, that ship has sailed.

Doubt it. Relatively weak/non-existent playoff success, and besides his MVP (which we all know, should have gone to Dwight or James).

There's only been 30 MVP's in the history of the NBA and he's one of them, and yes he had one great season because hes been injured ever since...

I did watch him. I saw him completely stink it up in the playoffs. He's not playing better than Westbrook is this season. Westbrook is going to end up being the greatest athletic PG -- something people thought Rose was.

Way to take shots at him for no reason... It's pathetic that you would even think of this. He said on multiple occasions that he believes Rose would come back stronger than ever. Yet, let's hate on him for saying that. As a matter of fact, LeBron shouldn't say anything because you guys with absolutely zero assets to your name other than an iPhone says so.. Give it a rest.

Ariza's Better
02-25-2015, 01:12 AM
Ya well the trade deadline has come and gone so there isn't much they can do. We have a roster spot open and I imagine it'll go to Nate Robinson.
I was talking more this offseason.

LakerShow
02-25-2015, 01:13 AM
I hate to agree with you as one of his biggest fans. But I think he's already there.

You guys need a new pg. Also it's Jimmys team. That's if he stays.

lakerfan85
02-25-2015, 01:14 AM
No, I want your fans to go away. You have a ****ing weird obsession with LeBron James because he will pass your hero. You went out of your way, in a thread that has literally NOTHING to do with LeBron or Kobe, to point out your distaste.

So you take a shot at all Laker fans because of what he said about Lebron?

Draco
02-25-2015, 01:14 AM
I guess it depends on the severity of the surgery and recovery time. After his comments, Rose may very well just give up and negotiate a buyout to help the Bulls soften the blow. I dunno. It's what I would do, were I in his place.

I don't know if I'm concerned about this particular injury but how do you build a team around a guy whose knees are a time bomb.

FlashBolt
02-25-2015, 01:16 AM
A waste of Joakim/Pau's remaining best years. No doubt, any other player by the name of:

Wade
Melo
James
CP3
Durant
Curry

and countless others, would have taken this team to legendary status. I mean really, this team does it all and has it all. Rose really set this team back tbh.

PowerHouse
02-25-2015, 01:17 AM
I think all these heartbroken Bulls fans will be pleasantly surprised when they see the Bulls playing better with Brooks getting those minutes instead of Rose.

Shammyguy3
02-25-2015, 01:21 AM
I think all these heartbroken Bulls fans will be pleasantly surprised when they see the Bulls playing better with Brooks getting those minutes instead of Rose.

Hey, that would be 100% likely to happen if Thibs actually played Brooks those minutes instead of Kirk Hinrich, but he won't. Instead, the Bulls may perhaps get worse production at the starting PG slot because Thibs will play Kirk (who is awful and should be out of the league)

FlashBolt
02-25-2015, 01:22 AM

Don't forget about Butler getting back to his game. With Rose coming in, it really messed up his game because Rose felt he was the "1st" option but in reality, it is Butler. He was absolutely dominating when Rose wasn't playing.

Hawkeye15

considering him? Yes. Why can't Laker fans just come into a thread that has NOTHING to do with LeBron, and post? Why does that need to be brought up?

Confusious
Saw it coming. But hey, kudos to him for lasting this long I guess.

Vee-Rex
02-25-2015, 01:24 AM

Ironically enough I'd say the Wolves are closer to a championship right now than the Lakers...

quade36
02-25-2015, 01:25 AM

This... I thought the Brooks signing was great. He also fits this team better. Thats not taking away from Rose's talents, its just this team is built big. Their stars are now Butler and Gasol. One would even say Noah (when healthy) is more valuable than Rose was (at least this year) Brooks also has a similar game to Rose in that he can actually create a shot by driving to the lane. It definitely will be interesting to see how this team gels with him at the point.

FlashBolt
02-25-2015, 01:27 AM

Because it's always a Lakers fan who says something. When James tweeted out his condolences for Bosh, some Lakers fan said James was doing it to wish ill on Bosh because James also mentioned Jerome Kersey. Now, James tweets his condolences to Rose probably being sincere (what does he gain from doing it?), he's being a fake *** person who is secretly happy to not have to play vs Rose.. it's ridiculous. Kobe tweets some pretty awful things but I think we all know how stupid it would be to turn them into something completely nonsensical. There's just a barrier Lakers fans always break and it just so happens to be LeBron who makes them have an orgasm.

lakerfan85
02-25-2015, 01:28 AM
considering him? Yes. Why can't Laker fans just come into a thread that has NOTHING to do with LeBron, and post? Why does that need to be brought up?

I didn't say **** about Lebron.. I see other Laker fans in here not saying anything about Lebron as well..

FlashBolt
02-25-2015, 01:29 AM
I didn't say **** about Lebron.. I see other Laker fans in here not saying anything about Lebron as well..

I don't think he meant all of you rather he meant the majority. Which is indeed true. I could make a list for you of the LAL fans here who make absolutely zero sense.

LakerShow
02-25-2015, 01:30 AM

Just ignore it.

FlashBolt
02-25-2015, 01:32 AM
This... I thought the Brooks signing was great. He also fits this team better. Thats not taking away from Rose's talents, its just this team is built big. Their stars are now Butler and Gasol. One would even say Noah (when healthy) is more valuable than Rose was (at least this year) Brooks also has a similar game to Rose in that he can actually create a shot by driving to the lane. It definitely will be interesting to see how this team gels with him at the point.

Well, Noah has been getting healthier and healthier. He's had some really vintage Noah games. as long as Noah/Butler/Gasol are playing at that level, this team can beat anybody. It's just keeping it consistent that hurts them.

Shady66
02-25-2015, 01:35 AM
Hawkeye = Truth

chi-townlove1
02-25-2015, 01:40 AM
Doubt it. Relatively weak/non-existent playoff success, and besides his MVP (which we all know, should have gone to Dwight or James).

I did watch him. I saw him completely stink it up in the playoffs. He's not playing better than Westbrook is this season. Westbrook is going to end up being the greatest athletic PG -- something people thought Rose was.

Way to take shots at him for no reason... It's pathetic that you would even think of this. He said on multiple occasions that he believes Rose would come back stronger than ever. Yet, let's hate on him for saying that. As a matter of fact, LeBron shouldn't say anything because you guys with absolutely zero assets to your name other than an iPhone says so.. Give it a rest.

You sir, have been on my watch for a while. Now you are on my ignore list. I wish you nothing but the best. But your Rose hate has gone on way too long for no apparent reason. You have serious mental issues, if you hold a basketball player so high in your life that you choose to hate him as much as you have over the years. You have lost basically any credibility you have ever had with most people on this forum. Enjoy yourself.

lakerfan85
02-25-2015, 01:41 AM
I don't think he meant all of you rather he meant the majority. Which is indeed true. I could make a list for you of the LAL fans here who make absolutely zero sense.

I could make a list of half the damn forum that doesn't make any sense but I don't go around saying so..

FlashBolt
02-25-2015, 01:44 AM
You sir, have been on my watch for a while. Now you are on my ignore list. I wish you nothing but the best. But your Rose hate has gone on way too long for no apparent reason. You have serious mental issues, if you hold a basketball player so high in your life that you choose to hate him as much as you have over the years. You have lost basically any credibility you have ever had with most people on this forum. Enjoy yourself.

Lmao, and I care why? What did I say that was inaccurate? I hate Rose but I have valid arguments to bring up.

He lacks playoff success. True.
He chokes under pressure. True.
He went out clubbing when Bulls lost game six to the Nets. True.
His brother (of course, with his approval), publicly goes out saying Bulls need to do a better job with surrounding Rose with talent. True.
Rose realistically only has one great season (which isn't really great but I'll give him it because he did win MVP). True.
Rose has screwed the Bulls franchise for the past three and of course, future years as well. I get that injuries aren't his fault but this guy has ******** all over him.

Paid someone to take his SAT's. Really? I don't like this guy from the start. His whole persona is fake and it's only fitting that a Chicago fan decides to call me out for it. I don't hate a lot of players but name me ONE thing that I said was false about Rose. He should have publicly gave Butler the key to be the next Chicago great. Instead, he decides to chuck up shot after shot, shooting Bulls out of games. I bet Adidas wish they never signed him. And hey, you can keep ignoring me. Even Thibs got annoyed by Rose's actions.

Alayla
02-25-2015, 01:45 AM
Been calling this one for years and he was overrated to begin with but that being said I really wish i would have been wrong poor guy worked way to hard for everything to come crashing down like this i hope he is able to live a full and happy life atfer basketball.

Canterbury
02-25-2015, 02:02 AM
I see it is a priority around here to let everyone know that they "called it" because that's what really maters.

IKnowHoops
02-25-2015, 02:03 AM
Damn, he's one of my favorite players in the league and i look up to him, as it is amazing how successful he became after living in a bad neighborhood during his youth. I was really optimistic about him returning to his old form or at least at an allstar level. Unfortunately, I think he'll never reach back his old form and will only show flashes of it, if he decides to return. In addition, its amazing how Westbrook is arguably playing at the same level if not better than Drose in his mvp run despite his 3 surgeries, although they suffered different surgeries.

Russell is undoubtedly playing better than Rose ever has. Its not close by any statistical measure. And I get stats aren't everything but, Russell is better than Rose ever was.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2015, 02:04 AM

number did. Brought it up for zip reason.

I never said you did brother.

Alayla
02-25-2015, 02:13 AM
Russell is undoubtedly playing better than Rose ever has. Its not close by any statistical measure. And I get stats aren't everything but, Russell is better than Rose ever was.

People refuse to respect Westbrook on some random principal of how many shots a point should or shouldn't be taking Lol you wont get through to them.

lakerfan85
02-25-2015, 02:14 AM
number did. Brought it up for zip reason.

I never said you did brother.

You called out other Laker fans because of what he said though..

dodgersuck
02-25-2015, 02:19 AM
At this point you have to wonder if it's genetic. Maybe the dude just has weak knees?

IKnowHoops
02-25-2015, 02:29 AM
No disrespect to Rose either. Had he not got injured, who knows how good he could of been. He was definitely on his way to being one of the greatest pg's ever. I have no doubt that if he would not of gotten injured, he'd be right there with Westbrook. All I was saying is that Rose has never played better than how Russell is playing now. Again had he not gotten injured and kept improving, he'd probably be tearing up the league right now.

If I were a bulls fan, I would not give up on Rose until it actually is over. I wouldn't predict its over, or call him Penny/Hill/etc. He keeps hurting himself, but its not like he has a degenerative knee. He just keeps having bad luck. He's still the second most athletic PG in the league. His skills and B-ball IQ are just rusty because he can't play more than 3 months without getting hurt.

I'm just going to wait for his return and hope for the best for him.

Knick bag
02-25-2015, 02:34 AM
Hate to see any player go out like this. Bulls FO will likely give Butler the max. Rose contract is pretty much like Stats now. Will they keep Gibson and pay the tax?

Antipod
02-25-2015, 02:39 AM
Damn,,,any reports for how long he`s gonna be out? Is his season over?

Jarvo
02-25-2015, 02:40 AM
Are you out of your damn mind? Are you really gonna risk bringing him back knowing how fragile his knees are after a 3rd devastating injury? You would be one selfish GM or coach to tell Rose to come back in 6-8 weeks for the sake of winning. The guy needs to shut it down for the season and start pondering his future. 6-8 weeks :facepalm:

Did I say let him play? I just said he can be back 6-8 weeks and we all know if he doesn't feel like playing or if he feels he isn't ready he won't play relax.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-25-2015, 02:40 AM
Hate to see any player go out like this. Bulls FO will likely give Butler the max. Rose contract is pretty much like Stats now. Will they keep Gibson and pay the tax?

They'll need to look to trade Taj for a PG this offseason.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-25-2015, 02:42 AM
Damn,,,any reports for how long he`s gonna be out? Is his season over?

They won't know until after the surgery. Since he played the whole game and was walking around fine, they said it could be a minor tear of the tissue that they can remove and he can be back in 6 weeks. We just have to wait for the official word.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
02-25-2015, 02:49 AM
I can already picture the "30 for 30" being released about this whole situation 10 years from now

Bostonjorge
02-25-2015, 02:51 AM
Butler was playing like a superstar when the season started maybe even the best out east before rose came back. Maybe butler can get his game back to superstar level? Sucks to think rose won't even be what Wade was last year if he comes back.

jerellh528
02-25-2015, 02:56 AM
His career is over

nastynice
02-25-2015, 03:10 AM
Such depressing news :(

So much talent, shaky knees ruining it

Goose17
02-25-2015, 03:31 AM
Yeah... His career is over isn't it?

Goose17
02-25-2015, 03:34 AM

You didn't watch him pre-injuries did you? Westbrook is disgustingly overrated on here. He can't touch Rose.

More-Than-Most
02-25-2015, 03:53 AM
You didn't watch him pre-injuries did you? Westbrook is disgustingly overrated on here. He can't touch Rose.

Westbrook can play at the level he is and stay healthy... Its rose that cant touch westbrook... Honestly he isnt wrong. Rose had a great season and nothing else really... He will be a what could have been or just an overall forgotten player.

JJ_JKidd
02-25-2015, 03:54 AM
owell

beasted86
02-25-2015, 03:57 AM

Rose had 1.5 elite seasons in his 6 seasoncareer. The MVP year, and then the injury riddled lockout season.

There's no way anyone can reasonably say he's been better than Westbrook who's last 5 have all been dominant.

Goose17
02-25-2015, 04:00 AM
Roses best year is better than any of Westbrooks. IMO.

OBVIOUSLY Westbrook will win in longevity. Who wouldn't?

IKnowHoops
02-25-2015, 04:11 AM
Roses best year is better than any of Westbrooks. IMO.

OBVIOUSLY Westbrook will win in longevity. Who wouldn't?

The stats won't back that up against Westbrook this year.

Goose17
02-25-2015, 04:36 AM
The stats won't back that up against Westbrook this year.

Maybe not but I was thinking beyond that. When Westbrook leads his team to a conference final let me know. I was thinking more along the lines of, if Rose had Lebron like Westbrook has Durant. It's why Harden is an MVP candidate and Westbrook isn't.

It's probably just me though. You're probably right. I personally think Westbrook is criminally overrated on defense (he gambles way too much, I don't even think he's a "good" defender never mind a great one) and on offense he's a terrible decision maker. Plus he's a hot head.

BUT it is very much possible that I'm underrating him and overrating Rose. I really liked Rose as a player, not just for his basketball ability but also his leadership ability.

Unfortunately it looks like we'll never get to know who was better.

sharqstealth
02-25-2015, 04:53 AM
Not surprised at all with the news, unless DRose changes his game he's not going to last long in this league...
I feel for you Bulls fans, we had the same frustration year after year as Knicks fans with Amare.

sammyvine
02-25-2015, 06:23 AM

you hate a player because of their fans?
what a weird way to look at things.

sammyvine
02-25-2015, 06:26 AM
Because it's always a Lakers fan who says something. When James tweeted out his condolences for Bosh, some Lakers fan said James was doing it to wish ill on Bosh because James also mentioned Jerome Kersey. Now, James tweets his condolences to Rose probably being sincere (what does he gain from doing it?), he's being a fake *** person who is secretly happy to not have to play vs Rose.. it's ridiculous. Kobe tweets some pretty awful things but I think we all know how stupid it would be to turn them into something completely nonsensical. There's just a barrier Lakers fans always break and it just so happens to be LeBron who makes them have an orgasm.

The fact that he is a friend of his perhaps?
You players do actually have heart and maybe he genuinely feels bad for him you know?

PurpleLynch
02-25-2015, 07:25 AM
It's really sad. All these injuries...Brandon Roy 2.0 .

PurpleLynch
02-25-2015, 07:31 AM

I understand that talking about Lebron's tweet is just trolling.
But a lot of Kobe's fans are like me,just polite and friendly users of this site. Unfortunately I saw obsessions with all great players in our generation,Lebron,Kobe and the list goes on.
Don't hate a player because of his fans.
I'm sure I could point 3 or 4 Lebron's fans that have a weird obsession for Kobe and make threads about him with troll undertones.

sammyvine
02-25-2015, 07:37 AM
But a lot of Kobe's fans are like me,just polite and friendly users of this site. Unfortunately I saw obsessions with all great players in our generation,Lebron,Kobe and the list goes on.
I'm sure I could point 3 or 4 Lebron's fans that have a weird obsession for Kobe and make threads about him with troll undertones.
This

Isn't 'Hawkeye' himself a 'stan'

PhlyHighPhilly
02-25-2015, 07:42 AM
Maybe not but I was thinking beyond that. When Westbrook leads his team to a conference final let me know. I was thinking more along the lines of, if Rose had Lebron like Westbrook has Durant. It's why Harden is an MVP candidate and Westbrook isn't.

It's probably just me though. You're probably right. I personally think Westbrook is criminally overrated on defense (he gambles way too much, I don't even think he's a "good" defender never mind a great one) and on offense he's a terrible decision maker. Plus he's a hot head.

BUT it is very much possible that I'm underrating him and overrating Rose. I really liked Rose as a player, not just for his basketball ability but also his leadership ability.

Westbrook has played better without Durant this year statistically.

But anyways, back on topic. I'm only a casual NBA fan but **** seeing this made me feel bad. He can't catch a break. How many years are left on his contract?

Edit: 2 years at over 20 each, sheesh

jmartin80
02-25-2015, 08:21 AM
It is hard to describe the frustration and disappointment as a fan. Feel bad for the kid.

As a fan, I am hoping the NBA has some sympathy and can gift us 3 first overall picks in 4 years to make up for the loss.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-25-2015, 08:32 AM
It is hard to describe the frustration and disappointment as a fan. Feel bad for the kid.

As a fan, I am hoping the NBA has some sympathy and can gift us 3 first overall picks in 4 years to make up for the loss.

As long as Thibs is the coach, we won't be a lottery team for that to happen.

D-Leethal
02-25-2015, 08:38 AM
I think he retires. He is right around the point where he might not be able to go to his kids graduation. "Its in Gods hands now"

Procision
02-25-2015, 08:54 AM
This doesn't seem as big of a deal as when i first heard it. Apparently with meniscus repairs its common that they retear and they just have to shave it off. Same thing happened with WB

mudvayne387
02-25-2015, 09:26 AM
Look I'm not going to be a dick about this (even though Bulls fans were *******s to me when I said he was done three months ago) The fact of the matter is, these type of stories never have happy endings. Best case scenario for Rose is a lengthy rehab followed by accepting a role as a 15-17 min/night scoring guard. But even that might be a stretch because his game is predicated on getting to the rim. Contrary to popular belief, I do feel terrible for the guy. The NBA is a superstar driven league and the more evenly talent is dispersed, the better the games are.

R. Johnson#3
02-25-2015, 09:54 AM

Prior to injuries Westbrook was an inferior Rose. Rose had/has this kind of quickness that doesn't come around too often. The guy has one of the best hesitation moves ever.

cssdmark
02-25-2015, 10:06 AM
I hate to say but I told Bull fans their organization needed to save that amnesty from NYC experience with Amare. That being said I am rooting for him. This is like a 6-8 week recovery injury. I tore mine weight lifting and it took 6 weeks but my left leg was a lot seeker than my right when I hit the gym again. Get em #1.

quade36
02-25-2015, 10:09 AM
Look I'm not going to be a dick about this (even though Bulls fans were *******s to me when I said he was done three months ago) The fact of the matter is, these type of stories never have happy endings. Best case scenario for Rose is a lengthy rehab followed by accepting a role as a 15-17 min/night scoring guard. But even that might be a stretch because his game is predicated on getting to the rim. Contrary to popular belief, I do feel terrible for the guy. The NBA is a superstar driven league and the more evenly talent is dispersed, the better the games are.

What? Do you know what his injury is. Its the meniscus. Same injury Westbrook had and look at him. If he gets it shaved (like Westbrook did) he could be back before the playoffs. I am not saying he will do that, but its an option. He isn't done, he just won't ever be the MVP like player he was. He could still average 18 points a game, 5 assists and at times be able to carry the team. Like he was doing this year. His minutes may never be 40 minutes consistently again, but is that bad?

Holydiver
02-25-2015, 10:12 AM
What? Do you know what his injury is. Its the meniscus. Same injury Westbrook had and look at him. If he gets it shaved (like Westbrook did) he could be back before the playoffs. I am not saying he will do that, but its an option. He isn't done, he just won't ever be the MVP like player he was. He could still average 18 points a game, 5 assists and at times be able to carry the team. Like he was doing this year. His minutes may never be 40 minutes consistently again, but is that bad?

Rose takes these opportunities to sit on the bench even if he could play. He is the one who sat on the bench cleared by doctors and watched his Bulls team take game 1 against Miami in the playoffs. He sat and sat and sat. Thats what he does best. Fvk him, move on Bulls.

Captain Moroni
02-25-2015, 10:13 AM

East was Clevelands all along.

jimm120
02-25-2015, 10:13 AM
THIS is a reason for melo not choosing the bulls. Another amare contract.

jimm120
02-25-2015, 10:19 AM

You really think rose will come back this year?

This is a player that took 1.5 years rehabbing an injury that took shump 1/2 a season to rehab.

GiantsSwaGG
02-25-2015, 10:23 AM
I hate the Bulls but this really sucks. Takes them out of championship contention. Praying for a speedy recovery for rose, his career is done unless he develops a jumpshot of any sort. Time for Butler to take over thou

Captain Moroni
02-25-2015, 10:25 AM
These knee issues might actually push Butler out of chicago. He might not want to continue dealing with waiting for the comeback every year.

Holydiver
02-25-2015, 10:27 AM
These knee issues might actually push Butler out of chicago. He might not want to continue dealing with waiting for the comeback every year.

Butler just needs to take the best contract no matter who that is with.

Slug3
02-25-2015, 10:28 AM
Honestly at this point what can he even do? its almost an every year thing for him now and I think its clear we are never going to see his full potential as an NBA player.

Holydiver
02-25-2015, 10:29 AM
Honestly at this point what can he even do? its almost an every year thing for him now and I think its clear we are never going to see his full potential as an NBA player.

that was true after the first knee problem, we all knew he would never be the same, but noone expected this

GeronimoSon
02-25-2015, 10:35 AM
This guy has been as fragile as glass.. Sad to see a once promising career continue to waft away like dust in the wind.. and not unexpected..

&ITYS

InRoseWeTrust
02-25-2015, 10:36 AM
I can already picture the "30 for 30" being released about this whole situation 10 years from now

What if I told you....every Rose had its thorn.

GiantsSwaGG
02-25-2015, 10:38 AM

doubt it, basically Butler will be paid the max

quade36
02-25-2015, 10:55 AM
You really think rose will come back this year?

This is a player that took 1.5 years rehabbing an injury that took shump 1/2 a season to rehab.

I said I think he could, but I don't think he will.

quade36
02-25-2015, 10:59 AM
So after a night to think about it. Its not an all is lost feeling like the previous years. Whereas before, Rose was the best player, now he is the third best player on the team and some may argue fourth. It is definitely a loss but this team is much deeper. I've been noticing Snell in at the end of games lately. I believe that is really encouraging and allows the Bulls to match up defensively against offensive minded teams. AB has been nothing but sensational (much better pickup than Augustine and Robinson.) And Mirotic has shown flashes of why they waited so long for him. This team still is pretty good.

Lets face it, Rose never has been a great defender, he was primarily a scorer. This team can still score without Rose and that was the biggest problem in years past. So I don't think they'll punch their ticket to the championship (I didn't before the injury) This team still can be one that makes it deep in the playoffs. I still think they match up well against the Raptors and would give Atlanta all sorts of fits (If those are the team they face in the second round) So if expectations were the eastern conference finals, I wouldn't say those change. That being said this is definitely a loss.

pacofunk64
02-25-2015, 11:04 AM
Don't get me wrong I love Rose and loved his play during the MVP run but does this really hurt the Bulls. I don't watch every Bulls game but I try to catch most and he's still that volume scorer and just isn't efficient. The Bulls have enough supporting cast this year where I think someone who can create for others without having to get their shots would be best....like a Rondo.

D-Leethal
02-25-2015, 11:05 AM
What if I told you....every Rose had its thorn.

LOL. Well played.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2015, 11:05 AM
you hate a player because of their fans?
what a weird way to look at things.

that accelerated my distaste. Never liked him to begin with.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2015, 11:06 AM

true. But they aren't the ones that show up and troll the **** out of any thread involving a few specific players.

I hate a player because I hate him, his obnoxious fans just add to the flame, they don't create it.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2015, 11:07 AM
This

Isn't 'Hawkeye' himself a 'stan'

of which player haha? I don't even have a favorite player.

NYKnickFanatic
02-25-2015, 11:18 AM
Sad to see such a talented player have his career threatened due to injuries.

With that being said, three years in a row now for Rose missing the rest of the season due to injury.

I think the guy has played a total of 56 games in the past three years.

It is time for the Bulls to stop building around Rose and start moving on without him.

With the looks of things, he will never be healthy or ever be the same again.

Although I do hope he can make a full recovery and be MVP Rose again but it just doesn't look like it. :(

RiLoc
02-25-2015, 11:23 AM
Don't get me wrong I love Rose and loved his play during the MVP run but does this really hurt the Bulls. I don't watch every Bulls game but I try to catch most and he's still that volume scorer and just isn't efficient. The Bulls have enough supporting cast this year where I think someone who can create for others without having to get their shots would be best....like a Rondo.
With Rose:
Pts per 100 Possessions: 108.0
Pts Against per 100: 104.5
Net: +3.4

Without Rose:
Pts/100poss: 108.5
PA/100poss: 105.2
Net: +3.3

Source: http://nbawowy.com

I guess I feel like Aaron Brooks has been a good replacement for Rose this year and, morale issues aside, shouldn't effect how well the Bulls place in the regular season that much. In the Kevin Pelton article today, he said that the wins projected drop from 52 to 51, so not too much. I guess the difference is the ceiling is lower and it's another missed opportunity for consistency and strong team chemistry with Rose.

Mitch Kramer
02-25-2015, 11:25 AM

This. Rose wasn't that good when he was on the floor. Superstar Rose wasn't returning for the playoffs anyway, so they weren't gonna win. At least now bulls fans can watch players who give a **** on a night to night basis

NYKnickFanatic
02-25-2015, 12:00 PM
It does seem like the Bulls play better without Rose, but come playoff time you need that superstar who will take over.

Do the Bulls have a guy on their team that can do that? Gasol, Butler? I don't know.

Silent
02-25-2015, 12:07 PM
We seem to be cursed when it comes to Pgs

Mitch Kramer
02-25-2015, 12:18 PM
It does seem like the Bulls play better without Rose, but come playoff time you need that superstar who will take over.

Do the Bulls have a guy on their team that can do that? Gasol, Butler? I don't know.

No they definitely don't. But Rose wasn't that guy either, so I'm not sure why I was upset when i heard this news anyway. Maybe with Rose being gone they'll play better together, be tougher on D etc, like they have the last 2-3 years. They'll be a tough out in the playoffs, thats about it.

My bigger question is what now? Will the front office continue to put blinders on and insist that there is enough in their locker room to compete? Or will they finally break up this core and re-build?

mudvayne387
02-25-2015, 01:21 PM

Lengthy rehab in the sense of healing 6-8 weeks from the surgery and then resting up his body and mind to try and give it a go next season. Maybe Rose wil average 18-5 but it will be on 38% shooting and with 4 turnovers a game.

Stinkyoutsider
02-25-2015, 01:35 PM
Sad to hear he needs another knee surgery. Just when I stopped worrying about his health too...

I remember him mentioning in the press that he would like to be pain free after he retires. Too late for that IMO. It's almost that time where Rose should have retirement at least in the back of his head. If I was him and I had another knee surgery after this one, I would retire.

sep11ie
02-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Some people just aren't cut out for the NBA.

phantasyyy
02-25-2015, 02:07 PM
Do the bulls have an open spot? what are the chances that Nate comse back to the team? Also, would the bulls be inclined to sign him with Kirk and Brooks on the roster?

On a side, do you think Nate is a little butt hurt from not being offered an extension when he filledin admirably for rose when he was out? Or do you think since hes a FA atm, that type of thing doesn't matter?

I've read that he said his time in Chicago was some of the best times of his career though.

Heatcheck
02-25-2015, 02:12 PM
explosive offensive player, but I would've moved on after the second one. this isn't chris paul or someone like that. you can replace what rose brings to the table much easier.

slashsnake
02-25-2015, 02:54 PM
My bigger question is what now? Will the front office continue to put blinders on and insist that there is enough in their locker room to compete? Or will they finally break up this core and re-build?

I donít think itís blinders that would cause that. They have 20 mil a year tied up in Rose for a while now. I think itís more knowing that the guys there (GM and coach) likely will be finding new jobs before a rebuild works. What are the chances of a rebuild working? You have to find the right player, who doesnít bust, doesnít upset everyone, and stays healthy. Basically someone who isnít Elton Brand, Marcus Fizer, Eddy Curry, Jay Williams, Ben GordonÖ Well you see that most likely if they rebuild this teams first rebuild iteration is going to be a LOT worse than they are now. And the 2nd. And the 3rd. I'd hold out that something comes along. A healthy Rose (you're already tying up your cap space with him), a luck FA move.

gamechanger0908
02-25-2015, 02:55 PM
Rose is an injury waiting to happen. Stick a fork in him

Wade n Fade
02-25-2015, 03:31 PM
Rose is a talent like Roy. But he was a fraudulent MVP. No point ruining your health long term, so he should retire. He has enough money to do so.

Slug3
02-25-2015, 03:41 PM
Wonder if the Bulls will look to move on from him now.

TurboDEEZsmoke
02-25-2015, 03:55 PM
Do the bulls have an open spot? what are the chances that Nate comse back to the team? Also, would the bulls be inclined to sign him with Kirk and Brooks on the roster?

On a side, do you think Nate is a little butt hurt from not being offered an extension when he filledin admirably for rose when he was out? Or do you think since hes a FA atm, that type of thing doesn't matter?

I've read that he said his time in Chicago was some of the best times of his career though.

Nate already expressed he wants to come back less than 24 hours ago. Bad move if Bulls don't pick him up. Jo needs a guy that gets hyp with him.

cssdmark
02-25-2015, 04:12 PM
Maybe in college but Russell will still have to do it in the NBA

Oefarmy2005
02-25-2015, 04:13 PM
Sounds very much like Brandon Roy.

Mamba42
02-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Sounds very much like Brandon Roy.

I think Roy had a degenerative knee condition. Rose's knees can still be healthy but it's going to be real difficult coming back mentally after three relatively major knee surgeries in three years

Big Zo
02-25-2015, 04:51 PM
I think Roy had a degenerative knee condition. Rose's knees can still be healthy but it's going to be real difficult coming back mentally after three relatively major knee surgeries in three years
He'll never be fully healthy again. Time to move on.

Gibby23
02-25-2015, 04:55 PM
He'll never be fully healthy again. Time to move on.

Can't move on when they still have to pay him for 3 more years.

Goose17
02-25-2015, 04:59 PM
Butler is that guy now huh?

Confusious
02-25-2015, 05:28 PM
He has been forced to assume that role. It's like Robin being told that he has to be Batman.
I don't think Butler will ever be a true Batman player. But then again Rose sure as hell hasn't been for four years either.

KnicksorBust
02-25-2015, 05:50 PM

My firsf reaction too. Unless Rose is a Ewing theory candidate... Butler-Gasol-Noah is still a nice big 3...

Ariza's Better
02-25-2015, 06:24 PM
He has been forced to assume that role. It's like Robin being told that he has to be Batman.
I don't think Butler will ever be a true Batman player. But then again Rose sure as hell hasn't been for four years either.
I love your analogy and your sig.

KnicksorBust
02-25-2015, 06:46 PM

Why do you think Butler can't be quote Batman quote

FlashBolt
02-25-2015, 06:58 PM

What did Rose do better than Westbrook? Please, enlighten me.

He can't touch Rose? LMAO, and can you please elaborate on what aspect of the game Rose is better than Westbrook?

Leadership ability? I think we all know he wasn't a leader. Anyone who has watched the Bulls would know that Noah was their leader. Rose is relatively a quiet individual and you can't be a leader when you're quiet as hell. You're also forgetting Westbrook is PLAYING with KD. Who's to say KD isn't LIMITING Westbrook? This dude has been nothing short of legendary when KD isn't on the court. Who's been carrying the Bulls? Not Rose. His team can make it to the Playoffs without him. Rose has a STACKED team. Even with Rose gone, they are still a top three team in the East. Horrible decision maker? Have you watched Rose play? Guess who's better on the offensive and defensive end? Westbrook. Don't talk about Westbrook's defense when Rose isn't even known for being a defender. Westbrook comes back from an injury and plays better. Rose just keeps deteriorating. I don't think we need anymore proof as to who's the better player. And before you go on again about injuries, yes, that does make a player. No one cares about "what if's" anymore. You either can play or can't and quite frankly, Rose hasn't been relevant since three seasons ago.

The fact that he is a friend of his perhaps?
You players do actually have heart and maybe he genuinely feels bad for him you know?

I'm agreeing with you.. You're reading it incorrectly.

Prior to injuries Westbrook was an inferior Rose. Rose had/has this kind of quickness that doesn't come around too often. The guy has one of the best hesitation moves ever.

Lol. I'm going to assume you've never watched Westbrook play, period. This guy does everything Rose can and if it weren't for Beverley, he would be up there as the most durable athlete in the world. This guy plays 100mph as a PG and never missed an NBA game up until Beverley. Give me a break.

Sportfan
02-25-2015, 07:00 PM
ESPN 30 for 30: What if I told you Chicago's prodigal son never came home?

KnicksorBust
02-25-2015, 07:02 PM

Too real

sammyvine
02-25-2015, 07:35 PM
What did Rose do better than Westbrook? Please, enlighten me.

He can't touch Rose? LMAO, and can you please elaborate on what aspect of the game Rose is better than Westbrook?

Leadership ability? I think we all know he wasn't a leader. Anyone who has watched the Bulls would know that Noah was their leader. Rose is relatively a quiet individual and you can't be a leader when you're quiet as hell. You're also forgetting Westbrook is PLAYING with KD. Who's to say KD isn't LIMITING Westbrook? This dude has been nothing short of legendary when KD isn't on the court. Who's been carrying the Bulls? Not Rose. His team can make it to the Playoffs without him. Rose has a STACKED team. Even with Rose gone, they are still a top three team in the East. Horrible decision maker? Have you watched Rose play? Guess who's better on the offensive and defensive end? Westbrook. Don't talk about Westbrook's defense when Rose isn't even known for being a defender. Westbrook comes back from an injury and plays better. Rose just keeps deteriorating. I don't think we need anymore proof as to who's the better player. And before you go on again about injuries, yes, that does make a player. No one cares about "what if's" anymore. You either can play or can't and quite frankly, Rose hasn't been relevant since three seasons ago.

I'm agreeing with you.. You're reading it incorrectly.

Lol. I'm going to assume you've never watched Westbrook play, period. This guy does everything Rose can and if it weren't for Beverley, he would be up there as the most durable athlete in the world. This guy plays 100mph as a PG and never missed an NBA game up until Beverley. Give me a break.

How do you know Rose is quiet? Nobody knows what he is like in the locker room or at practice. Just because you don't yell to the cameras, doesn't mean to say you can't be an amazing leader. Duncan is pretty quiet yet he is one of the best leaders of all time. Steve Nash wasn't a typically loud player yet he was also a great leader.

Anyway...

People saying Rose >>>>>Westbrook or Westbrook>>>>Rose are just silly, haters or fanboys...there isn't much between them imo

However I still think Rose at his best is a little better and more fluid, but like I said there isn't much between them.

FlashBolt
02-25-2015, 07:42 PM
How do you know Rose is quiet? Nobody knows what he is like in the locker room or at practice. Just because you don't yell to the cameras, doesn't mean to say you can't be an amazing leader. Duncan is pretty quiet yet he is one of the best leaders of all time.

Anyway...

People saying Rose >>>>>Westbrook or Westbrook>>>>Rose are just silly, haters or fanboys...there isn't much between them imo

However I still think Rose at his best is a little better and more fluid, but like I said there isn't much between them.

Lol. Now you're telling me how do I know Rose is quiet? Because in every interview will show you, Rose doesn't really say much. The fact you're even debating this just shows you're trying to defend him in every possible way -- which is extremely inaccurate. Using Duncan is a completely different example because Duncan has been around for so long to the point where his presence is leadership. He's well respected in comparison to Rose. He's been in the league spanning three different decades, he's been winning continuously, and he never complains. Anyone could tell you that Noah is the one who truly leads the team. I've watched many Bulls games because my brother ordered league pass just for them and it's Noah who is out there all the time.

How is he better? More fluid as in? If you bring this up, you are contributing to the debate.

ChicagoJ
02-25-2015, 08:21 PM
I can go on and on about how dissappointing this is. The bulls have the best team since the dynasty years and were the favorite to represent the east this season (in my view). But, I can't say I'm suprised. Going into this year my view was that until Rose proves he isn't an injury prone player, I have to think he is. This latest injury just futher convinces me that he's always going to be getting hurt.

I just wonder if he overworked, or perhaps trained improperly early in his career? Or, is it just genetic? Or just bad luck? I don't see how you can be this unlucky.

blams
02-26-2015, 11:29 AM
How do you know Rose is quiet? Nobody knows what he is like in the locker room or at practice. Just because you don't yell to the cameras, doesn't mean to say you can't be an amazing leader. Duncan is pretty quiet yet he is one of the best leaders of all time. Steve Nash wasn't a typically loud player yet he was also a great leader.

Anyway...

Rose at his best... 3 years ago maybe. Not anymore. I have no reason to believe his 'best' isn't anything better than a low level allstar. Into the future, his best may not even be a top 10 level.

Dade County
02-26-2015, 11:48 AM
All this is Stern & co fault.

If they didn't rigged that Draft, Rose would be in Miami with rings (different team, maybe no Bosh... Rose would have still been on his rookie deal that 1st year Lbj was a free agent).

Maybe he wouldn't have had to put so much pressure on his legs (not saying that he still wouldn't get injured).

Miami would have had two players with the same problems (Wade & Rose) lol

72 Wins
02-27-2015, 12:41 PM
The press conference is on now. Gar stated that the surgery was successful and anticipates a 4-6 week return. I know the jokes are coming, but I really don't see Rose extending this further then that. He's not going to baby this considering the last PR nightmare we went though.

goingfor28
02-27-2015, 12:54 PM
https://twitter.com/NickFriedell/status/571349504961548290

https://twitter.com/NickFriedell/status/571347023124934656

Looks like he should be back in 4-6 weeks. Good news for the Bulls if he can get back and get some run before the playoffs start

pacofunk64
02-27-2015, 01:10 PM
4-6 weeks will turn to 4-6 months for this pussyfart. I love DRose but him being an inconsistent volume scorer does the Bulls no good. IDK...maybe this is good.

RowBTrice
02-27-2015, 01:13 PM
No, this is not good. It's bad. I think you're right that 4-6 weeks will turn into 4-6 months.

DaBear
02-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Haters gonna hate

Slug3
02-27-2015, 01:15 PM
someone with a history of bad knees should not be rushing anything.

KG2TB
02-27-2015, 01:20 PM
It's a pretty common thing for a surgically repaired meniscus to tear again. Same thing happened to Westbrook and he's back playing the best ball of his life. While I've had my problems with Derrick in the past, this isn't really a big thing. Just because it's talked about non stop in the media and on ESPN doesn't mean it's monumental earth shattering news. It seems like he'll be back by the playoffs. Either way, I'm not too sold on the Bulls making a deep run, but it's not all because of Derrick either.

D-Leethal
02-27-2015, 01:26 PM
"Its in God's hands now"

JustinTime
02-27-2015, 01:39 PM
"Its in God's hands now"

Shutup or were you mocking that quote? because then it's cool

Sly Guy
02-27-2015, 01:40 PM

ow, right in the feels of bulls fans

Sly Guy
02-27-2015, 01:40 PM

ow. Right in the feels of bulls fans.

DaBear
02-27-2015, 01:42 PM
All this is Stern & co fault.

If they didn't rigged that Draft, Rose would be in Miami with rings (different team, maybe no Bosh... Rose would have still been on his rookie deal that 1st year Lbj was a free agent).

Maybe he wouldn't have had to put so much pressure on his legs (not saying that he still wouldn't get injured).

Miami would have had two players with the same problems (Wade & Rose) lol

Let me get you a tissue

Sly Guy
02-27-2015, 01:57 PM

ow. Right in the feels of bulls fans.

Sly Guy
02-27-2015, 01:58 PM
he's never gonna be the same player. This is really sad.

InRoseWeTrust
02-27-2015, 02:04 PM

Too real

I still like mine better:

30 for 30: What if I told you.....that every Rose has its thorn.

beasted86
02-27-2015, 02:13 PM
It's a pretty common thing for a surgically repaired meniscus to tear again. Same thing happened to Westbrook and he's back playing the best ball of his life. While I've had my problems with Derrick in the past, this isn't really a big thing. Just because it's talked about non stop in the media and on ESPN doesn't mean it's monumental earth shattering news. It seems like he'll be back by the playoffs. Either way, I'm not too sold on the Bulls making a deep run, but it's not all because of Derrick either.

I think it's been a story because he's been constantly in and out of the lineup and is performing at a much lower level than expected. Also initial reports were that he would not have the meniscus shaved/removed, but rather repaired which would have ended his season.

KG2TB
02-27-2015, 02:18 PM
I think it's been a story because he's been constantly in and out of the lineup and is performing at a much lower level than expected. Also initial reports were that he would not have the meniscus shaved/removed, but rather repaired which would have ended his season.

No, it's been a story because 24 hour sports channels are stupid. That's really the jist of it. Everything is sensationalized...and who the hell expected Rose to play at an all-star level this season? He's missed two years of basketball and many of those months he couldn't even walk :laugh2:

If anyone expected a dominant Rose this season, they just had unrealistic expectations. He's playing exactly the way I expected him to...although he's shooting more 3s than I ever would have imagined. He hasn't really "constantly" been out of the lineup either.

mudvayne387
02-27-2015, 02:29 PM
Wow good for whoever gets the Bulls in the playoffs. Will be awesome knowing your opponent has a pg who will shoot it 25 times and make about 9 of them ....

DaBear
02-27-2015, 02:49 PM
Wow good for whoever gets the Bulls in the playoffs. Will be awesome knowing your opponent has a pg who will shoot it 25 times and make about 9 of them ....

I hope every team will be thinking the same thing.

mudvayne387
02-27-2015, 02:57 PM

It's the truth. Guy is having a brutal year shooting bordering on hurting them.

Big Zo
02-27-2015, 02:57 PM
May as well. Get the feeling that even if he sits out until next season, it won't be long until he's back on the sideline.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-27-2015, 02:58 PM
I'll believe it when I see it

DaBear
02-27-2015, 03:09 PM

It's the truth. Guy is having a brutal year shooting bordering on hurting them.

A healthy Bulls team will make it out of the first round, maybe even 2nd round

beasted86
02-27-2015, 03:40 PM
No, it's been a story because 24 hour sports channels are stupid. That's really the jist of it. Everything is sensationalized...and who the hell expected Rose to play at an all-star level this season? He's missed two years of basketball and many of those months he couldn't even walk :laugh2:

If anyone expected a dominant Rose this season, they just had unrealistic expectations. He's playing exactly the way I expected him to...although he's shooting more 3s than I ever would have imagined. He hasn't really "constantly" been out of the lineup either.

He's been out 6 different times. I'd say that's in and out.

And yes, most people expected an all-star year (though not MVP) but didn't get that. He's been the bulls 3rd and sometimes 4th best player. Surely nobody expected that.

bleedprple&gold
02-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Is there any point in him coming back this season? He'll be too timid to be effective.

KG2TB
02-27-2015, 03:53 PM
He's been out 6 different times. I'd say that's in and out.

And yes, most people expected an all-star year (though not MVP) but didn't get that. He's been the bulls 3rd and sometimes 4th best player. Surely nobody expected that.

I certainly never expected him to play at an all-star level this season and most Bulls fans didn't either if you read the Bulls forums. I expected a very up and down, inconsistent season which is exactly what we've gotten. This latest injury is a set back, but it sounds like he's been playing through it for a while now which would obviously be a hindrance on his game. He should in theory come back feeling the best he has in a long time. This is coming from a guy who's been extremely hard on him, and still have my issues with him....but I think anybody who expected him to play at an all-star level after missing two years was extremely misguided.

Heatcheck
02-27-2015, 04:02 PM
time to cut your losses and move on. the question is how considering the contract.
you can find someone else who does what he does.

jp611
02-27-2015, 04:05 PM
time to cut your losses and move on. the question is how considering the contract.
you can find someone else who does what he does.

He'll be back before the season ends. Should the Heat have cut their losses w/ Wade due to his injury history?

DaBear
02-27-2015, 04:12 PM
He'll be back before the season ends. Should the Heat have cut their losses w/ Wade due to his injury history?

Of course not. Wade has rings so his injury history is not relevant :rolleyes:

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-27-2015, 04:35 PM
He walked out of the surgery with no pain thanks to the torn part of the meniscus getting removed. Go ahead and keep acting like morons without knowing the facts.

DaBear
02-27-2015, 04:37 PM
He walked out of the surgery with no pain thanks to the torn part of the meniscus getting removed. Go ahead and keep acting like morons without knowing the facts.

PSD in a nutshell

lakerfan85
02-27-2015, 04:37 PM

Yep.. People are acting like he tore his ACL..

KG2TB
02-27-2015, 04:39 PM
PEOPLE in a nutshell

fixed.

TheIlladelph16
02-27-2015, 04:52 PM
IDC how Chicago fans are now downplaying this.... 3 knee injuries in three years is a serious, serious red flag. He's obviously not finished like some are suggesting, but taking the polar opposite of that opinion is just as bad.

lamzoka
02-27-2015, 05:03 PM
With his rehab history, he's not coming back this season. I won't even be surprise if he misses some of next season.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-27-2015, 05:05 PM
IDC how Chicago fans are now downplaying this.... 3 knee injuries in three years is a serious, serious red flag. He's obviously not finished like some are suggesting, but taking the polar opposite of that opinion is just as bad.

No one is downplaying anything. I am discussing everything that came from Gar Forman's mouth.
-minor 10 min procedure
-walked out with full weight on knee
-will start rehab tomorrow and full basketball activity in a WEEK.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-27-2015, 05:06 PM
With his rehab history, he's not coming back this season. I won't even be surprise if he misses some of next season.

Posts like this just proves my point.

TheIlladelph16
02-27-2015, 05:08 PM
No one is downplaying anything. I am discussing everything that came from Gar Forman's mouth.
-minor 10 min procedure
-walked out with full weight on knee
-will start rehab tomorrow and full basketball activity in a WEEK.

You absolutely are and Gar likely is too to an extent. It is a cumulative thing here. Maybe this injury isn't that serious, but you add this injury to his growing list of knee injuries it's a major concern. I'd be happy to see Rose prove everyone wrong on this one, but he's on his third straight year of injuries now so count me out on betting on that happening.

benny01
02-27-2015, 05:12 PM
Because Rose should feel better than he has all season when he returns, and this injury wasn't wholly unexpected. It also isn't particularly significant compared to the others. Not to say the red flags don't exist, but this one isn't cause for panic in the streets. If it were, Westbrook would have the same concerns.

lamzoka
02-27-2015, 05:22 PM
Posts like this just proves my point.

Whats your point?

Rose torn his meniscus Nov. 22, 2013 vs the Blazers and missed the rest of that season. That's 4 months plus playoffs.

So why should I believe he will be back in 4 weeks with the same injury?

This is a player who needed damn near 2 years to recover from an ACL injury. While Iman Shumpert who sustained the same injury as Rose on the same day was back on the court 8 months later.

InRoseWeTrust
02-27-2015, 05:25 PM
What your point?

Rose torn his meniscus Nov. 22, 2013 vs the Blazers and missed the rest of thats season. That's 4 months plus playoffs.

This is a player who needed damn near 2 yeas to recover from an ACL injury. While Iman Shumpert who sustained the same injury as Rose on the same day was back on the court 8 months later.

Because it was a completely different surgery. Rehabbing a repaired meniscus is entirely different from letting a shaved/trimmed meniscus heal.

That being said, I get the pessimism surrounding the situation. I think some fans are being overly optimistic, but there's definitely way too much doom and gloom by a lot of posters.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-27-2015, 06:02 PM
Whats your point?

Rose torn his meniscus Nov. 22, 2013 vs the Blazers and missed the rest of that season. That's 4 months plus playoffs.

This is a player who needed damn near 2 years to recover from an ACL injury. While Iman Shumpert who sustained the same injury as Rose on the same day was back on the court 8 months later.

My point is people posting moronic posts without knowing the facts just because of the guy's history. You just proved it once again. For the 100th time this is NOT the same surgery he had in November 2013. Forman wouldn't be spewing optimistic BS for no reason. The doctor performed the surgery, gave his report to the team regarding the timeframe, Forman relayed it to the media and I'm telling you guys what he said. But go ahead with your moronic posts IDGAF at this point.

Slug3
02-27-2015, 06:07 PM
Of course not. Wade has rings so his injury history is not relevant :rolleyes:

Wade has also put together more than one great season.

beasted86
02-27-2015, 06:14 PM
Is there even a need to still backup Wade anytime this comparison is even mentioned? There is no comparison as to who has always been better and healthier.

DaBear
02-27-2015, 07:36 PM

You clearly missed the point.

DaBear
02-27-2015, 07:37 PM
Is there even a need to still backup Wade anytime this comparison is even mentioned? There is no comparison as to who has always been better and healthier.

Why is it that you only show up to bash the Bulls? Someone's mad their team is sub .500.

beasted86
02-27-2015, 07:49 PM
Why is it that you only show up to bash the Bulls? Someone's mad their team is sub .500.

Yes, I'm the mad one, that's why I brought up Wade in a completely different topic about another player. I need anger management.

DaBear
02-27-2015, 07:50 PM
Yes, I'm the mad one, that's why I brought up Wade in a completely different topic about another player. I need anger management.

Maybe you should work on reading comprehension.

kobe4thewinbang
02-27-2015, 09:47 PM
This is great news! I hope he can return well and have 'one last hoorah' so he can say he did it. Bulls need him.