PDA

View Full Version : Did Scott Brooks (finally) figure out a better offensive plan?

PurpleLynch
02-24-2015, 07:42 PM
I saw three games out of seven of Okc's winning streak(Nuggets,Grizzlies and Clippers) and I was mindblowed by Okc's offense.

THEY FINALLY USE NEW SETS ON OFFENSE! NOT JUST ISOS!

I couldn't believe my eyes.
I watched perfect variations of horns with Westbrook doing flashy passes instead of risking the usual contested lay up.
I saw bigs moving well in the paint and creating good spacing(Ibaka has still problems on this matter imo,but he's anyway a good player).
I saw playing Westbrook and DJ Augustin on the same team,at the same time and they were...surprisingly great!
The ball movement is now a reality in this team. And I'm actually glad for them. I'm a Laker fan,but I'm happy they finally are unleashing(slowly) their potential.
KD should flourish in a team that plays like this,considering his overall scoring ability and resilience.

Said that,who was the deus ex machina that changed radically things?
In the title I said Brooks. I'm one of his biggest critic,but...should I accept reality and eat this goddamned crow? Or I'm wrong and it was the trade that changed things for them?
They are surely better with new players like Kanter,but their style of play is really different from the past.

Thoughts fellows.

Bruno
02-24-2015, 07:59 PM
they have looked like a more efficient offense since the most recent trades, without KD. Westbrook has excellent chemistry with Kanter. And Kanter has never played with a PG like Westbrook, its nice to watch. Durant will seamlessly work his way into the flow. Maybe he won't have to beat up his body attacking the basket now that OKC has a legitimate post threat who can suck in the defense.

I called Kanter to OKC when I saw Gobert obliterate Pau over the summer. Kanter, the guy can play in the post and rebound. Only thing he doesn't excellt at is paint protection, but I might argue that having Ibaka next to him is a pretty nice match, especially considering Ibakas newish three point shooting. I think its a match made in heaven and I think OKC just improved as much as Cleveland did with their trades. I know were all talking about Golden State and Atlanta and the stacked west, but we could easily be on our way to watching KD/LBJ II this year.

PurpleLynch
02-25-2015, 07:24 AM
they have looked like a more efficient offense since the most recent trades, without KD. Westbrook has excellent chemistry with Kanter. And Kanter has never played with a PG like Westbrook, its nice to watch. Durant will seamlessly work his way into the flow. Maybe he won't have to beat up his body attacking the basket now that OKC has a legitimate post threat who can suck in the defense.

I called Kanter to OKC when I saw Gobert obliterate Pau over the summer. Kanter, the guy can play in the post and rebound. Only thing he doesn't excellt at is paint protection, but I might argue that having Ibaka next to him is a pretty nice match, especially considering Ibakas newish three point shooting. I think its a match made in heaven and I think OKC just improved as much as Cleveland did with their trades. I know were all talking about Golden State and Atlanta and the stacked west, but we could easily be on our way to watching KD/LBJ II this year.

It would be awesome,but in the East the competition is really close,while I can see Cavs reaching the Finals considering the weaker opponents. Atlanta is a tough team though. Very tough.