PDA

View Full Version : The Wild West and Playoff Seeding

kobe4thewinbang
02-24-2015, 07:24 PM
With half the season over now, it is still tight between the top 8 playoff qualifying teams in the wildly competitive western conference.

Do you see anyone knocking the Warriors out of the top seed? What teams should other teams avoid getting placed against in the first round?

OKC seems to be gaining space from Pelicans, given a six game win streak but Pelicans aren't far behind. Will OKC be the most dangerous #8 seed since the Warriors shocking Mavs a few years ago?

Does any team go on a run? Who has the easiest schedule/worst of the pack?

I am a bit worried about the Spurs, who have lost 3 straight. It would be funny if the defending champions barely squeaked in at the 8 seed, though we all know Spurs don't play for real until the playoffs.

What about division leadership? Phoenix seems to be giving up, trading away Thomas and Dragic but they are still right there despite losing 5 straight. The rest of the conference is not officially out of contention yet, but might as well be unless the Nuggets copy the Hawks & Pistons runs.

Golden State: 43-10 (L1)
Memphis: 41-14 (W2)
Houston: 38-18 (W2)
Portland: 36-19 (L2)
Dallas: 38-20 (W2)
L.A. Clippers: 37-20 (L1)
San Antonio: 34-22 (L3)
Oklahoma City: 31-25 (W6)
-------------------------------
New Orleans: 29-27 (W2)
Phoenix: 29-28 (L5)

KnicksorBust
02-24-2015, 07:28 PM
We finally have the true top 8 in the west. Honestly I don't buy homecourt or anything like that. To me it's all about health and momentum in that conference. I don't care if OKC or the Spurs are 8. Either team is a title contender if they are healthy.

SPURSFAN1
02-24-2015, 07:28 PM
Grizz better hope they don't get the spurs.

kdspurman
02-24-2015, 07:31 PM

grizz are much improved this season. the anger/motivation the spurs had against them after 2011 is probably what they have for us now lol.

SPURSFAN1
02-24-2015, 07:39 PM
grizz are much improved this season. the anger/motivation the spurs had against them after 2011 is probably what they have for us now lol.

Good thing the spurs don't forget loses like that. They would still get up for that series.

SPURSFAN1
02-24-2015, 07:39 PM
Even if we wrecked them in 2013.

ThuglifeJ
02-24-2015, 07:40 PM

They are much improved and you could clearly see an edge, particularly by Zbo to want to show they can't shut him and Memphis down. A big thing the Spurs used to have against Memphis was they could frustrate Zbo to the max. Zbo honestly looks as good as ever this season and proved he's not scared of the Spurs like the past.

Plus athletic Green obviously helps a lot and a veteran Spurs killer - Vince has joined the squad (part of me thinks that's why they got him).

That said, I still don't want to face off against them. They definitely look like theyre just coasting more than usual and waiting to turn jets on in March..and Popovich vs Joerger isn't good.

But really you look around and who else would you rather face?? Everyone makes you a bit worried. I'd rather play Dallas, Houston, Portland, Clippers though. In that order. OKC, Spurs, GS are the most frightening to me. Kinda ****** cuz you are so happy about the 2nd seed, but in reality you are gonna have a first round equivalent to a WCF.

kobe4thewinbang
02-24-2015, 07:49 PM
Grizz better hope they don't get the spurs.Nice comment. I think, like others noted, that Memphis might realistically knock the Spurs out in the first round (if standings stay #2 & #7). That would be an underwhelming exit for the champions, but I could see it happening. Adding Green and Marc Gasol looking strong, along with Z-Bo. Vinsanity might go off on the Spurs again too, only this time for the Grizz.

SPURSFAN1
02-24-2015, 07:54 PM
Nice comment. I think, like others noted, that Memphis might realistically knock the Spurs out in the first round (if standings stay #2 & #7). That would be an underwhelming exit for the champions, but I could see it happening. Adding Green and Marc Gasol looking strong, along with Z-Bo. Vinsanity might go off on the Spurs again too, only this time for the Grizz.

Z-bo turns into a baby every time he plays against the spurs of late. Green and vince have never been efficient and will continue to be so-so pieces. marc gasol will play decent. You didn't mention the best performer mike conley. He will most likely have to have a great performance everygame just to have a chance of winning. I could see 4-2 spurs in this series easily.

kobe4thewinbang
02-24-2015, 08:04 PM
Z-bo turns into a baby every time he plays against the spurs of late. Green and vince have never been efficient and will continue to be so-so pieces. marc gasol will play decent. You didn't mention the best performer mike conley. He will most likely have to have a great performance everygame just to have a chance of winning. I could see 4-2 spurs in this series easily.Yeah, shame Conley got hurt last playoffs. 4-2 is still a 6 game series, and in the west this year I dunno how many 6 game showdowns a single team can withstand before running out of gas.

jerellh528
02-24-2015, 08:12 PM

I'll take the grizz in 5 or 6

tredigs
02-24-2015, 08:47 PM
20 of the Warriors last 29 games are against teams with a winning record. And they're on a tough road trip right now. Opens the door for Memphis, but honestly they're a clearly better team right now and I'd expect them to hold onto the NBA 1 seed. Not really an advantage, though. You're either playing an upgraded OKC or the Champs in the 1st round. It's going to be an amazing WC playoffs.

BlondeBomber41
02-24-2015, 10:04 PM
This year is very unique in that I'd be willing to bet it's the first time ever that a conference has 8 playoff teams that are legitimate title contenders. Any team out of Golden State, Memphis, Houston, Dallas, Portland, LA Clippers, San Antonio or OKC could get hot and win a championship. It's really freakin awesome, I can't wait to sit back and watch the playoffs. Usually the first round can get kinda boring with so many matchups that are over before they start, but this year you won't see that.

Cal827
02-24-2015, 10:18 PM
Kinda feel bad for the 1 seed this season. It's pretty much going to go like

"Congratulations on getting the best record in the brutally competitive western conference. As a reward, you get to play the team with that just was able to make it, an Angry, Durant-led Thunder team."

Of the seedings right now, I would probably want to be the 3 seed. The Clippers have been struggling of late. But, of course that can change come playoff time (If CP3 can actually do something when it counts lol)

kobe4thewinbang
02-25-2015, 01:34 AM
Kinda feel bad for the 1 seed this season. It's pretty much going to go like

"Congratulations on getting the best record in the brutally competitive western conference. As a reward, you get to play the team with that just was able to make it, an Angry, Durant-led Thunder team."

Of the seedings right now, I would probably want to be the 3 seed. The Clippers have been struggling of late. But, of course that can change come playoff time (If CP3 can actually do something when it counts lol)Very true. Clippers have been rocky this year. CP3 has to eventually show up or shut up. Or at least give the ball to Griffin.

FlashBolt
02-25-2015, 01:41 AM
Houston, LAC, and Portland aren't winning jack... OKC, MEM, SAS, GSW, and Dallas, all have the "it" factor about them. Dallas has been struggling but you know in the playoffs, they don't mess around. SAS too. MEMPHIS always lets us down tbh. I don't want to see them in the Finals tbh. I'm hoping for a GSW vs Cavs or Cavs vs OKC. The rest, I can do without.

Bostonjorge
02-25-2015, 03:01 AM
West is the playoffs. Every playoff team would rather play the #1 out east then the #6,#7 and #8 out west.

goingfor28
02-25-2015, 03:23 AM
I'll take the grizz in 5 or 6
Ditto

Pretty clear the Spurs have finally hit that old age wall

tredigs
02-25-2015, 03:35 AM
Spurs are still incredibly good, don't be those guys who need it shoved in their face AGAIN. They've missed a ton of games from Kawhi/Splitter/TP and haven't been as consistent as usual as a result, but nobody is looking forward to a series against them.

JasonJohnHorn
02-25-2015, 07:31 AM
I kinda feel bad for the Warriors because their first-round match-up is going to be a killer.

Unless Portland really drops in the standings, it looks like the Warriors will have to play either the defending champs (Spurs), or the former conference champs (Thunder). Those are two VERY tough match-ups. Just shows how deep the west is.

People think the Clippers aren't doing well, but given that they are outpacing the Spurs, and given how good the Spurs are, every team in the playoff hunt out West, with the exception of Portland (no offense Portland fans), seems like they could win the conference.

The Mavs just picked up Amar'e, whose been playing great and with reduced minutes there is no preasure on him. He's finally back with a great point guard that facilitates, and he's got Dirk and Parsons Ellis pulling defences away from him. Looking at those offensive weapons, the Mavs look great, though I'd be concerned about the defense.

The Thunder and Spurs are the two most recent conference champs. The spurs have all the pieces they had last year, and have young guys improving. The Thunder have two MVP candidates. The Warriors have one of the best run offences in years; the Grizzlies are a great defensive team (Gasol, Allen, Conley). The Clippers have the best PG/PF combo in the league; the Rockets have an MVP candidate in Harden and a great cast around him when healthy.

Tough all around. I don't think it's possible to pick a winner.

Thumper 88
02-25-2015, 11:10 AM
With half the season over now, it is still tight between the top 8 playoff qualifying teams in the wildly competitive western conference.

Do you see anyone knocking the Warriors out of the top seed? What teams should other teams avoid getting placed against in the first round?

OKC seems to be gaining space from Pelicans, given a six game win streak but Pelicans aren't far behind. Will OKC be the most dangerous #8 seed since the Warriors shocking Mavs a few years ago?

I am a bit worried about the Spurs, who have lost 3 straight. It would be funny if the defending champions barely squeaked in at the 8 seed, though we all know Spurs don't play for real until the playoffs.

What about division leadership? Phoenix seems to be giving up, trading away Thomas and Dragic but they are still right there despite losing 5 straight. The rest of the conference is not officially out of contention yet, but might as well be unless the Nuggets copy the Hawks & Pistons runs.

Didn't the Grizz shock the spurs in 2011?

The warriors got beat pretty good in second round iirc

Thumper 88
02-25-2015, 11:14 AM
I kinda feel bad for the Warriors because their first-round match-up is going to be a killer.

Unless Portland really drops in the standings, it looks like the Warriors will have to play either the defending champs (Spurs), or the former conference champs (Thunder). Those are two VERY tough match-ups. Just shows how deep the west is.

People think the Clippers aren't doing well, but given that they are outpacing the Spurs, and given how good the Spurs are, every team in the playoff hunt out West, with the exception of Portland (no offense Portland fans), seems like they could win the conference.

The Mavs just picked up Amar'e, whose been playing great and with reduced minutes there is no preasure on him. He's finally back with a great point guard that facilitates, and he's got Dirk and Parsons Ellis pulling defences away from him. Looking at those offensive weapons, the Mavs look great, though I'd be concerned about the defense.

The Thunder and Spurs are the two most recent conference champs. The spurs have all the pieces they had last year, and have young guys improving. The Thunder have two MVP candidates. The Warriors have one of the best run offences in years; the Grizzlies are a great defensive team (Gasol, Allen, Conley). The Clippers have the best PG/PF combo in the league; the Rockets have an MVP candidate in Harden and a great cast around him when healthy.

Tough all around. I don't think it's possible to pick a winner.
Since Feb. 5 (day after GSW loss) the Mavs have the No. 1 defense in the NBA -- 93.8 defensive rating. 6-2 record.

kdspurman
02-25-2015, 12:15 PM
They are much improved and you could clearly see an edge, particularly by Zbo to want to show they can't shut him and Memphis down. A big thing the Spurs used to have against Memphis was they could frustrate Zbo to the max. Zbo honestly looks as good as ever this season and proved he's not scared of the Spurs like the past.

Plus athletic Green obviously helps a lot and a veteran Spurs killer - Vince has joined the squad (part of me thinks that's why they got him).

That said, I still don't want to face off against them. They definitely look like theyre just coasting more than usual and waiting to turn jets on in March..and Popovich vs Joerger isn't good.

But really you look around and who else would you rather face?? Everyone makes you a bit worried. I'd rather play Dallas, Houston, Portland, Clippers though. In that order. OKC, Spurs, GS are the most frightening to me. Kinda ****** cuz you are so happy about the 2nd seed, but in reality you are gonna have a first round equivalent to a WCF.

Yup... Nothing will come easy. There are some matchups that are probably friendlier, but nothing will come easy. Memphis would have finished higher than 7 had Gasol not missed so much time last year.

But yea, you might be right with Vince. And they just needed better floor spacing overall, but he does play well against us. It should be interesting. I just hope for good health and guys playing well come playoff time.

Goose17
02-25-2015, 12:41 PM
Warriors finally get good enough to have the best record in the West. Same year either the reigning champs or OKC, the team with the second best player in the league end up as the 8th seed. Two teams that could be much higher if it wasnt for injuries.

That's our type of luck.

HoopsDrive
02-25-2015, 01:26 PM
As a neutral fan, playoffs out west gonna be amazing to watch. I feel bad for the Warriors though, gets #1 seed and has to face either the defending champs or a team with Durantula and Westy.

Blitzbolt
02-25-2015, 01:32 PM
I think my Grizz should tank even if it means we get the Spurs just avoid OKC at all cost.
Worst match ups-in order
OKC-dont wanna play two top 5 superstars.
Spurs-this is just mental we have the better teams this year but it's hard to beat that mental wall.
Clips-'rivals'rivaly series are to emotional and they drain your energy.

Best match ups-in order
Warriors-best team top to bottom but they don't have the front court to compete with us going small does not work in the playoffs.
Portland-jump shooting team they beat themselves by shooting so much.
Rockets-no FTs in the playoffs that's cuts harden points in half.

Goose17
02-25-2015, 01:41 PM
Wait you think Westbrook is a top 5 player in the league^ :laugh:

Blitzbolt
02-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Wait you think Westbrook is a top 5 player in the league^ :laugh:???as in today I think he's the best.

Thumper 88
02-25-2015, 01:58 PM
???as in today I think he's the best.
This

Goose17
02-25-2015, 02:46 PM
???as in today I think he's the best.

You think he's the best player overall? Lmfao. You mean this year? Or the best player in the last week? Because there is a MASSIVE difference.

gamechanger0908
02-25-2015, 02:52 PM
This may be the best playoffs in recent history.

Blitzbolt
02-25-2015, 03:08 PM
You think he's the best player overall? Lmfao. You mean this year? Or the best player in the last week? Because there is a MASSIVE difference.
I think he is gonna be by far the best PG in the playoffs with CP3 second.The regular season means nothing is all about the impact you make in the playoffs.

Goose17
02-25-2015, 03:30 PM
I think he is gonna be by far the best PG in the playoffs with CP3 second.The regular season means nothing is all about the impact you make in the playoffs.

That's not what you said. You said he IS a top 5 player and then said you think he's the best player in the league. So you're taking him over Durant, LeBron, Davis and so on?

Blitzbolt
02-25-2015, 03:36 PM
That's not what you said. You said he IS a top 5 player and then said you think he's the best player in the league. So you're taking him over Durant, LeBron, Davis and so on?
In this order.
Lebron
Kd-healthy
Westbrook-this last few weeks he has been the best.
Cp3
Davis

Goose17
02-25-2015, 03:56 PM
In this order.
Lebron
Kd-healthy
Cp3
Davis

I get someone saying he's a top 5 player the last two weeks. But in general? I don't see it. At all. Each to their own I guess.

KnicksorBust
02-25-2015, 06:21 PM
In this order.
Lebron
Kd-healthy
Cp3
Davis

Curry > Westy

FlashBolt
02-25-2015, 07:00 PM
Lol @ Westbrook not being a top 5 player this season.

AD
LeBron
Curry
Westbrook
Harden

Those are easily the top five players this season.

Sanjay
02-25-2015, 07:17 PM
I think my Grizz should tank even if it means we get the Spurs just avoid OKC at all cost.
Worst match ups-in order
Spurs-this is just mental we have the better teams this year but it's hard to beat that mental wall.

Best match ups-in order
Warriors-best team top to bottom but they don't have the front court to compete with us going small does not work in the playoffs.
Rockets-no FTs in the playoffs that's cuts harden points in half.

I agree with the Thunder being probably the worst matchup for the Grizzlies, Conley can defend Westbrook fine, but Allen is too small to guard Durant, although Paul has played him well at times I do not think this is sustainable for starting minutes over a seven game series. Regarding the Warriors, do you mean if Memphis goes small? I would said the Rockets are the best matchup for the Grizzlies, Allen can contain Harden and Memphis defend the three well.

KnicksorBust
02-25-2015, 07:18 PM
Lol @ Westbrook not being a top 5 player this season.

AD
LeBron
Curry
Westbrook
Harden

Those are easily the top five players this season.

No Langston Galloway?

Sanjay
02-25-2015, 07:20 PM
This may be the best playoffs in recent history.

I did not think the Western Conference first round could get better than last season, but this year it looks like it might!

Saddletramp
02-25-2015, 07:29 PM
Warriors finally get good enough to have the best record in the West. Same year either the reigning champs or OKC, the team with the second best player in the league end up as the 8th seed. Two teams that could be much higher if it wasnt for injuries.

That's our type of luck.

Already setting up the excuses should the Warriors get bounced in the first round. If the Warriors are legit, it shouldn't matter who they face and when they face them; they should beat everyone whenever in the playoffs.

I'm assuming two of the Warriors, Spurs, Grizzlies and Thunder make the WCF (assuming they don't knock each other out first). It's funny, because the way it's shaping up (still way too early to tell) that'll be two first round matchups so two of the four big dogs will be packing and the other two teams will be feasting on the winners of the Hou/Port/Dall/LAC series'. In a perfect NBA world, Those four teams would be all facing each other in the second round and WCF.

I'd love for the Rockets to advance deep but I'm wouldn't bet on it. Honestly though, I don't think I'd bet on anything this year.

KnicksorBust
02-25-2015, 07:37 PM

That's our type of luck.

I'm assuming two of the Warriors, Spurs, Grizzlies and Thunder make the WCF (assuming they don't knock each other out first).

Lol if 50% of any teams in a conference dont play each other of course they will make the conference finals. :)

tredigs
02-25-2015, 07:38 PM
^You can be "legit" and still lose to anyone in the West, particularly when two of the top three teams are the bottom two seeds. The Rockets and Mavs are the only teams I definitely do not see making the WCF's. Clippers are a fairly tough sell for me too, followed by the Blazers and Grizzlies. All in all, it's too tough to make a true prediction until we know the health of these squads going in.

KnicksorBust
02-25-2015, 07:42 PM
^You can be "legit" and still lose to anyone in the West, particularly when two of the top three teams are the bottom two seeds. The Rockets and Mavs are the only teams I definitely do not see making the WCF's. Clippers are a fairly tough sell for me too, followed by the Blazers and Grizzlies. All in all, it's too tough to make a true prediction until we know the health of these squads going in.

You go down in round 1 and you are soft.

Sanjay
02-25-2015, 07:50 PM

The Grizzlies could overtake the Warriors (they are only 3.5 games back and it looked like Golden State had the number one seed locked up when they were around seven games ahead not too long ago), but I do not think they will. I think everybody's worst-possible 1st round matchup would be the Spurs, just because they always turn it on come playoff time and of course are the defending champions. Other than that, the Grizzlies won't want to play the Thunder, the Mavericks will want to avoid the Warriors (who would guard Klay?) and Rockets (who would defend Harden?).

kobe4thewinbang
02-25-2015, 08:13 PM
Houston, LAC, and Portland aren't winning jack... OKC, MEM, SAS, GSW, and Dallas, all have the "it" factor about them. Dallas has been struggling but you know in the playoffs, they don't mess around. SAS too. MEMPHIS always lets us down tbh. I don't want to see them in the Finals tbh. I'm hoping for a GSW vs Cavs or Cavs vs OKC. The rest, I can do without.Memphis in the Finals would be good for purists, but yeah, 300 people might tune in for that, lol. My buddy said he thinks it'll be Golden State in the finals vs the Cavaliers, now that the Bulls are on the ropes with Rose's injury. I think someone else still might upset the Cavs, but it's theirs to lose now I'd say.

Memphis has been disappointing the past couple years, same with the Clippers and Houston couldn't find Lillard on the floor.

kobe4thewinbang
02-25-2015, 08:14 PM
Ditto

Pretty clear the Spurs have finally hit that old age wallI think it depends on Tony Parker's health, which is concerning given he just signed that questionably lucrative and lengthy contract.

kobe4thewinbang
02-25-2015, 08:18 PM
Worst match ups-in order

Best match ups-in order
Rockets-no FTs in the playoffs that's cuts harden points in half.Nice analysis. Didn't Grizzlies almost knock out OKC last year before Conley went down? Also, I think Golden State might fall in love with the 3 come playoff time. I've seen a couple games where they shoot too much without any real rhythm or set plays, which clang and they wind up losing. I'm just saying they should try more ball movement or Curry should drive more with those sick handles.

Rivera
02-25-2015, 08:21 PM
I honestly don't think Portland, Dallas, or the clippers are good enough to win a title

kobe4thewinbang
02-25-2015, 08:23 PM
In this order.
Lebron
Kd-healthy
Cp3
DavisWestbrook is getting scary. When he's on, get out of his way. Dude can dunk on the whole team and 'pull up from 30' just like KD, but there are times where he misses everything but the shot clock and bricks it up.

kobe4thewinbang
02-25-2015, 08:24 PM
I agree with the Thunder being probably the worst matchup for the Grizzlies, Conley can defend Westbrook fine, but Allen is too small to guard Durant, although Paul has played him well at times I do not think this is sustainable for starting minutes over a seven game series. Regarding the Warriors, do you mean if Memphis goes small? I would said the Rockets are the best matchup for the Grizzlies, Allen can contain Harden and Memphis defend the three well.You saw him lock down KD last year, right?

Goose17
02-25-2015, 08:51 PM
Already setting up the excuses should the Warriors get bounced in the first round. If the Warriors are legit, it shouldn't matter who they face and when they face them; they should beat everyone whenever in the playoffs.

I'm assuming two of the Warriors, Spurs, Grizzlies and Thunder make the WCF (assuming they don't knock each other out first). It's funny, because the way it's shaping up (still way too early to tell) that'll be two first round matchups so two of the four big dogs will be packing and the other two teams will be feasting on the winners of the Hou/Port/Dall/LAC series'. In a perfect NBA world, Those four teams would be all facing each other in the second round and WCF.

I'd love for the Rockets to advance deep but I'm wouldn't bet on it. Honestly though, I don't think I'd bet on anything this year.

LOL its not an excuse it's an observation. Anyone in the West could get bounced at any point. It doesn't mean they're not legit. The West is that deep.

I'm guessing Houston aren't legit and haven't been for a while considering they've never made it past the first round since acquiring Harden?

Get out of here with your troll posts. Why do Houston fans on here always resort to this petty B.S?

And yes. I would also assume if 50% of the playoff teams don't play each other that they will likely make the conference final. Lmfao. Do the math buddy.

Saddletramp
02-25-2015, 09:22 PM
LOL its not an excuse it's an observation. Anyone in the West could get bounced at any point. It doesn't mean they're not legit. The West is that deep.

The Warriors are a legit regular season team this year but if they get bounced early, they're not a legit playoff team (where it matters). Even if they beat inferior or injury riddled teams in round one and even possibly two, they still might not be "legit". This goes for anybody and everybody that hasn't earned it in the playoffs yet. It's different from "0 playoff experience equals early exits this year" like what was discussed in another thread. On paper, does anyone think a seventh or eighth place team has a chance? Almost always the answer is no but this year, those teams can't be slept on.

I'm guessing Houston aren't legit and haven't been for a while considering they've never made it past the first round since acquiring Harden?

Yep.

Get out of here with your troll posts. Why do Houston fans on here always resort to this petty B.S?

Wait, I'm the troll for pointing out how if the top seeded unsuccessful playoff team in the regular season can't get past a tried and true playoff team then they're not legit? And then you come in with your "You guys ain't legit either" talk. Me? I'm the troll? Ok.

And yes. I would also assume if 50% of the playoff teams don't play each other that they will likely make the conference final. Lmfao. Do the math buddy.

And? Lyfao at what? It's pretty simple but let me spell it out for you: if the Warriors don't face the Grizz, Spurs or Thunder in the first or second rounds, then I'd bet that they make it to the WCF. If the Grizz don't have to face the Spurs, Warriors or Thunder in the first or second rounds then I'd bet that they'd make the WCF. If the Spurs don't have to face the Warriors, Thunder or Grizz in the first or second rounds then I'd bet that they'd make the WCF. And finally, yep, you guessed it, if the Thunder don't have to face the Grizz, Spurs or Warriors in the first or second rounds then I'd bet that they make it to the WCF. Obviously, some of those teams will have to duke it out early in rounds one or two, but if someone doesn't face one of those other three teams, than I'd bet that they advance to the WCF.

Reading comprehension is ****ing amazing when used.

kdspurman
02-25-2015, 09:32 PM
Ditto

Pretty clear the Spurs have finally hit that old age wall

i actually dont think its that clear just yet

Blitzbolt
02-25-2015, 10:09 PM
The warriors are the best match up for the Grizz even though they are clearly better then the rockets they don't have some one like Howard (who is sucking this year)the warriors front court is the worst in the west by a wide margin even when healthy (they never are)and that's our strength is just a bad match up.

Blitzbolt
02-25-2015, 10:13 PM
i actually dont think its that clear just yet
I agree I actually call them 'old'/'done' about 3 years ago and you guys made two finals I'm not doing it again until Duncan retires.

ThuglifeJ
02-26-2015, 02:24 AM

That's our type of luck.

Yeah. I wouldn't bet on it either.

tredigs
02-26-2015, 03:41 AM
You go down in round 1 and you are soft.
So OKC and/or the Spurs are "soft" if they lose to the Dubs in round 1 as well by your definition?

It's just a dumb/zero context way of looking at it. If the Hawks lose to the Nets in rd 1? Yes, they're weak. Same does not necessarily apply in the West.

FlashBolt
02-26-2015, 03:53 AM
I'm not worried about the Spurs. As long as they are in the playoffs, anyone has a chance. I'm not counting out Pop/Duncan. For all we know, he may be purposely losing and ****.

Sanjay
02-26-2015, 06:28 PM
You saw him lock down KD last year, right?

He did a decent job reducing his shooting percentages, but Durant still averaged 30 in that series.

kobe4thewinbang
02-27-2015, 02:23 AM
He did a decent job reducing his shooting percentages, but Durant still averaged 30 in that series.Yeah, but he was flustered beyond belief and heavily criticized for his inability to play against smaller pesky defenders. Do you think OKC would have survived if Conley hadn't gotten hurt?

Sanjay
02-27-2015, 08:18 PM
Yeah, but he was flustered beyond belief and heavily criticized for his inability to play against smaller pesky defenders. Do you think OKC would have survived if Conley hadn't gotten hurt?

True, Paul did a reasonable job on him too at times. Tough call, don't know if I would bet against Durant and Westbrook in game seven at home. Also, I would like him this season in the same series because of the additions of Kanter and Roberston.

Chronz
02-27-2015, 09:08 PM
Id rather face any of the Texas teams than OKC, GSW, Memphis. Portland, for some reason I still dont take seriously.

kobe4thewinbang
02-27-2015, 09:45 PM
Id rather face any of the Texas teams than OKC, GSW, Memphis. Portland, for some reason I still dont take seriously.I understand about Portland. They're just sort of there, but not really declaring themselves as a real threat. Aldridge destroyed the Rockets, but then they got swept by the Spurs.

goingfor28
02-27-2015, 09:53 PM
Id rather face any of the Texas teams than OKC, GSW, Memphis. Portland, for some reason I still dont take seriously.
This is exactly how I feel about each of the teams as well.

SPURSFAN1
02-27-2015, 09:57 PM

:laugh: