PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio gets humiliated!

c.c.
02-24-2015, 02:38 AM
After seeing Wiggins defend Harden well, Rubio decided to give it try.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=llI_mGFwDsY

Leftcoast_yg
02-24-2015, 03:04 AM
Maaaan!! Wiggins is going to be a defensive juggernaut.

Kyben36
02-24-2015, 03:19 AM
still pretty good D, but great shot

hornetsfansydne
02-24-2015, 03:28 AM
He got burnt for reaching as he should

ThuglifeJ
02-24-2015, 03:49 AM
I remember watching my first crossover.

mightybosstone
02-24-2015, 09:00 AM
I remember watching my first crossover.

Rubio acted as if he'd just seen his first crossover as well. Last time I checked, that dude was a pretty good defender.

Goose17
02-24-2015, 09:02 AM
Rubio acted as if he'd just seen his first crossover as well. Last time I checked, that dude was a pretty good defender.

You haven't checked since 2013 then?

Nasty cross though.

mightybosstone
02-24-2015, 09:11 AM
You haven't checked since 2013 then?

Nasty cross though.

Mmm... I don't know about that. But then again, who actually watches Timberwolves games aside from Minnesota fans?

R. Johnson#3
02-24-2015, 09:32 AM
Poor guy. I just wanna give him a big hug.

jerellh528
02-24-2015, 10:35 AM
Imagine harden trying to guard himself lol. Anyway, nice cross by harden and dumb reach by Rubio. Never reach when a ball handler is faced up with complete control.

Goose17
02-24-2015, 11:11 AM
Mmm... I don't know about that. But then again, who actually watches Timberwolves games aside from Minnesota fans?

Hahaha. Well played.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2015, 03:13 PM

Rubio is a pretty good defender. He couldn't figure out whether to reach or retreat there, got his legs crossed up. It happens.

scissors
02-24-2015, 03:25 PM
Most impressive part of this highlight - when Harden stops celebrating and goes SPRINTING to defense.

JustinTime
02-24-2015, 03:27 PM
Rubio is a pretty good defender. He couldn't figure out whether to reach or retreat there, got his legs crossed up. It happens.

Reached for the steal and got owned. This is why stealing is so overrated. When Wiggins defended Harden he just stayed in front and didn't reach at all and it resulted in a block.

NYKnickFanatic
02-24-2015, 03:33 PM
After seeing Wiggins defend Harden well, Rubio decided to give it try.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=llI_mGFwDsY

Actually, this was before Wiggins put the D on the beard.

NYKnickFanatic
02-24-2015, 03:34 PM

Basketball fans?

nastynice
02-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Always enjoy a nice ankle breaker :)

PurpleLynch
02-24-2015, 03:44 PM

Ew...gross!

Goose17
02-24-2015, 03:48 PM
Basketball fans?

It was a joke.

But hey I don't watch Knicks games this year, does that mean I'm not a ball fan? Or does it mean I don't like watching bad basketball?

NYKnickFanatic
02-24-2015, 04:12 PM
It was a joke.

But hey I don't watch Knicks games this year, does that mean I'm not a ball fan? Or does it mean I don't like watching bad basketball?

I know it was a joke...

I guess it wouldn't be the NBA forum without someone dissing the Knicks, even though they have nothing to do with the thread.

Anyways, I'll play. There is nothing good about watching the Knicks, if you're a basketball fan. You don't learn anything from watching them. They aren't fun/exciting to watch, so there is no reason to watch them. Only Knicks fans watch them.

The Timberwolves on the other hand, have a very impressive rookie, named Andrew Wiggins. You may have heard of him. So basketball fans might tune it to watch the Timberwolves to see how Wiggins plays.

c.c.
02-24-2015, 04:14 PM

Besides that block, Wiggins was defending Harden good when ever he guarded him. I don't know why Flip Saunders didn't have him defending Harden the whole game.

NYKnickFanatic
02-24-2015, 04:14 PM
Ew...gross!

:cool:

NYKnickFanatic
02-24-2015, 04:15 PM
Besides that block, Wiggins was defending Harden good when ever he guarding him. I don't know why Flip Saunders didn't have him defending Harden the whole game.

Probably to conserve his energy for the offensive end.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2015, 04:51 PM
Besides that block, Wiggins was defending Harden good when ever he guarded him. I don't know why Flip Saunders didn't have him defending Harden the whole game.

because we need him to score 20 a night now too haha. Wiggins may have turned 20 last night, but he has already played 20 games more than he ever has in his life, on a bigger floor, with stronger players. The pace/length of season/games is hard on a rookie, despite the fact that most think a 20 year old can run around and never get tired. Its usually why the biggest improvement in a player is from year 1-2.

Hoping next season, we are seeing a 2-way player who shadows the leagues best perimeter scorers all night, and can put up 23 a night with efficiency.

JJ_JKidd
02-25-2015, 03:54 AM
God Harden is playing like Michael Jordan right now! Simply unstoppable. (slow clap)

JustinTime
02-25-2015, 12:26 PM
God Harden is playing like Michael Jordan right now! Simply unstoppable. (slow clap)

Jordan played d and was that good on top. Harden rests on d so he can be productive on offense.

D-Leethal
02-25-2015, 01:11 PM
because we need him to score 20 a night now too haha. Wiggins may have turned 20 last night, but he has already played 20 games more than he ever has in his life, on a bigger floor, with stronger players. The pace/length of season/games is hard on a rookie, despite the fact that most think a 20 year old can run around and never get tired. Its usually why the biggest improvement in a player is from year 1-2.

Hoping next season, we are seeing a 2-way player who shadows the leagues best perimeter scorers all night, and can put up 23 a night with efficiency.

How has Rubio been this year? Any improvement? I thought Love leaving would be good for his game - more uptempo, more athletes to fill the lanes on the break, but I still think he needs a mobile pick and roll big over a post up guy like Pek. Any improvement at all with the change in roster dynamic?

Hawkeye15
02-25-2015, 01:18 PM
How has Rubio been this year? Any improvement? I thought Love leaving would be good for his game - more uptempo, more athletes to fill the lanes on the break, but I still think he needs a mobile pick and roll big over a post up guy like Pek. Any improvement at all with the change in roster dynamic?

he was actually shooting like 54% from 16-23 feet before a high ankle sprain knocked him out for over 6 weeks.

His shot looked better off injury, but is flat again.

The biggest difference for us is, he is able to run an offense, and Flip opened up his playbook with Rubio playing. We were lost without him. That doesn't necessarily mean anything outside we have no PG play besides him, something the FO should address.

The players around him have been better upon his return, so there is that.

He is tough to figure out. And unfortunately, injuries keep happening to him anytime he shows improvement.

D-Leethal
02-25-2015, 01:27 PM
he was actually shooting like 54% from 16-23 feet before a high ankle sprain knocked him out for over 6 weeks.

His shot looked better off injury, but is flat again.

The biggest difference for us is, he is able to run an offense, and Flip opened up his playbook with Rubio playing. We were lost without him. That doesn't necessarily mean anything outside we have no PG play besides him, something the FO should address.

The players around him have been better upon his return, so there is that.

He is tough to figure out. And unfortunately, injuries keep happening to him anytime he shows improvement.

Curious because I was pretty adamant about Rubio being pretty legit, and his lack of individual production and efficiency was a product of having the wrong type of big men around him. Thought he would fare better with better athletes and shooters. Is he finishing around the rim better with less traditional paint bigs and more tempo and space? Still think he needs a monster PnR target to get where I thought he could be.

Rondo is making me second guess my position on Rubio because it looks like everyone was right about him and I was wrong. Rondo looks turrible. I am rooting for Rubio though. Wolves got a fun team.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2015, 01:37 PM
Curious because I was pretty adamant about Rubio being pretty legit, and his lack of individual production and efficiency was a product of having the wrong type of big men around him. Thought he would fare better with better athletes and shooters. Is he finishing around the rim better with less traditional paint bigs and more tempo and space? Still think he needs a monster PnR target to get where I thought he could be.

Rondo is making me second guess my position on Rubio because it looks like everyone was right about him and I was wrong. Rondo looks turrible. I am rooting for Rubio though. Wolves got a fun team.

He does need a PnR target (Love was a good one). Pek is fine as a slider to the rim, but that doesn't work often.

The funny thing is, even in Europe, and then into Rubio's NBA days, his team ALWAYS plays better with him on the floor. His individual stats have never reflected his actual impact in reality. And the things I hate about him, are about to go away with Wiggins in fold. We looked at Rubio to create offense in tight games, because Love isn't a creator, and he killed us. Now we have a guy in Wiggins going forward that will be asked to do that.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Rondo's problem has always been his attitude btw.

gamechanger0908
02-25-2015, 02:56 PM
harden is the 2nd best player this season behind curry

Oefarmy2005
02-25-2015, 04:17 PM
Let's blow this out of proportion. Pretty sure Ricky has broken a pair of ankles or two as well. It happens. He gambled and couldn't recover, so the gamble was what caused the broken ankles. In all honestly, it was only a top 5 player in the NBA that did it to him. People make it sound like he got his ankles broken by some 13th man on a crap team. Harden has very good handles.

Goose17
02-25-2015, 04:23 PM
I am rooting for Rubio though.

Ditto.

I always liked tricky Ricky.