PDA

View Full Version : Say the Sixers get the 1st pick...what trade would you offer for the rights to Okafor

whoisonourteam
02-23-2015, 08:20 PM
Say Hinkie wins the Lottery. And he wants to keep Embiid and Noel. What fair offer can you come up with to either trade up for the 1st pick, or just outright obtain it ?

Tony_Starks
02-23-2015, 08:22 PM
I'd offer Kevin Love....just to see the Hinkie trade reaction memes on IG....

whoisonourteam
02-23-2015, 08:26 PM
I'd offer Kevin Love....just to see the Hinkie trade reaction memes on IG....

Not realistic......Next!

JustinTime
02-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Nothing because drafting Centers 1st overall is a mistake since they are almost never franchise players on championship teams anymore. Also, players from Duke are usually disappointments.

whoisonourteam
02-23-2015, 08:40 PM
Nothing because drafting Centers 1st overall is a mistake since they are almost never franchise players on championship teams anymore.

Duncan...Shaq....Hakeem. ect, ect

JustinTime
02-23-2015, 08:44 PM
Duncan...Shaq....Hakeem. ect, ect

Duncan is a PF, and Shaq was the last one and that was like 10 years ago.

whoisonourteam
02-23-2015, 08:47 PM

Duncan is a Center. He was drafted as a Center. And played Center for most of his Spurs Career. Yes he played, and eventually moved to PF. But he was a Center. Stop acting like a Idiot.

lakerfan85
02-23-2015, 08:48 PM

10 years ago? Try 23 years..

JustinTime
02-23-2015, 08:54 PM
10 years ago? Try 23 years..

He was still a beast on Miami when they won it which was like 10 years ago or 9.

JustinTime
02-23-2015, 08:57 PM
Duncan is a Center. He was drafted as a Center. And played Center for most of his Spurs Career. Yes he played, and eventually moved to PF. But he was a Center. Stop acting like a Idiot.

He's a PF nobody will remember him as a center. Lots of players can play multiple positions. I'm sure Lebron could play PG if he wanted but it doesn't make him a PG.

Cal827
02-23-2015, 09:00 PM

David Robinson?

whoisonourteam
02-23-2015, 09:04 PM
So in a draft where every single scout says Okafor is the real deal. And a legit NBA Big, no one would offer up anything cause teams don't win with Big's ?....( LOL )!!1

2-ONE-5
02-23-2015, 09:08 PM
Nothing because drafting Centers 1st overall is a mistake since they are almost never franchise players on championship teams anymore. Also, players from Duke are usually disappointments.

might wanna re-think that

JEDean89
02-23-2015, 09:09 PM
I think the 76ers would trade down to 2nd or 3rd to take Mudiay, because they don't need another C. Say they get the 1st and the wolves get the 2nd. The Wolves will trade an additional asset like Lavine or Bennet and their pick to move up. If the Knicks do it, they'll package someone too. No way the 76ers walk out of draft day with Jahlil, they don't want him. I think the likelyhood is that he ends up Minnesota, LA, or NY.

xxplayerxx23
02-23-2015, 09:16 PM
:laugh: whoever drafts center is making a mistake because other centers haven't worked out dumbest thing I've ever heard lord have mercy. You don't pass on oakfor.

GiantsSwaGG
Okafor is overrated imo. Al Jefferson 2.0

whoisonourteam
I think the 76ers would trade down to 2nd or 3rd to take Mudiay, because they don't need another C. Say they get the 1st and the wolves get the 2nd. The Wolves will trade an additional asset like Lavine or Bennet and their pick to move up. If the Knicks do it, they'll package someone too. No way the 76ers walk out of draft day with Jahlil, they don't want him. I think the likelyhood is that he ends up Minnesota, LA, or NY.

I agree that they don't need another Center, or at least not one selected 1st overall. But make no mistate, Hinkie will draft Okafor. It's not like Okafor or his agent have a choice in the matter. Yes, Hinkie might want to trade down. But he is not going to take back Cr@p like Bennett, who is a confirmed Bust. To get a Franchise Center, Value has to be given out.

GiantsSwaGG
02-23-2015, 09:22 PM
:laugh: whoever drafts center is making a mistake because other centers haven't worked out dumbest thing I've ever heard lord have mercy. You don't pass on oakfor.

:laugh2: its a silly comment but he kind of does have a point, besides Duncan when was the last center that was drafted #1 overall and was a franchise center piece

Kandi man
Bogut
Bargnani
Oden

I know there's more but besides DUNCAN and Shaq that were drafted in the 90's, every other center were misses. But Okafor is offensively gifted and he will be drafted #1 (even thou I would draft Russell and Towns ahead of him)

SeoulBeatz
02-23-2015, 09:26 PM
Sixers will deal Okafor if we end up with the #1 overall.

They should trade down and get another asset.

Anxious to see what Hinkie does with 8 (possibly 9) picks in this draft.

I'm dreaming of a

Mudiay/ Wroten
Covington/ Hollis Thompson
Oubre/ Grant
Noel/ Saric
Embiid/ McGee/ Sims

lineup next year.

Yanks All Day
02-23-2015, 09:35 PM

Okafor is the best player in college basketball and already has a top-tier NBA offensive game. He needs to add muscle and actually learn how to play defense, but he's got the potential to be a franchise player. You don't pass on him, and you certainly can at least get a great deal for him.

As for Duke players being disappointments, look at the current major college programs and the players they have in the NBA. Duke, at this point, probably has the best collection of pros in the NBA. Kentucky is up there, as well as Kansas, but Duke's pros probably match up with any school at this point. Kyrie Irving, JJ Redick, Luol Deng, the Plumlees, Gerald Henderson, Jabari Parker, Kyle Singler, Josh McRoberts, and Carlos Boozer all play meaningful minutes for their franchises and then guys Lance Thomas, Austin Rivers, and Andre Dawkins have the potential to turn into solid role players.

-The Mekka-
02-23-2015, 09:44 PM
To those saying no good C's go 1 overall, *post Shaq* Yao Ming, Dwight Howard and Anthony Davis (started as a C) have been terrific. Oden was decent but injuries pilled up so that leaves Olokandi, Kwame & Bargniani (though is a stretch 4 now) who've busted. Bogut is serviceable. So 3 top talents, 3 busts, 1 injury shortened career & 1 average/good player.

TheNumber37
02-23-2015, 09:50 PM
Okafor is overrated imo. Al Jefferson 2.0

???

Al Jefferson, good for 20, 10 most years. 3rd team All NBA last season...
Okafor is the 2.0 version of that AND overrated?

2-ONE-5
02-23-2015, 09:51 PM

i think we were happy to take Okafor before the MCW trade but now it seems less likely

GiantsSwaGG
02-23-2015, 09:54 PM
???

Al Jefferson, good for 20, 10 most years. 3rd team All NBA last season...
Okafor is the 2.0 version of that AND overrated?

Horrible defender, never past the 1st round of the playoffs, better suited as the 2nd/3rd option not 1st or you forgot to factor that in?

GiantsSwaGG
02-23-2015, 09:55 PM
If the Sixers draft Okafor, I can see them trading Noel for draft picks

Beltrans Mole
02-23-2015, 10:01 PM
No joke if I'm the Sixers and get the first pick I'm taking Okafor and packing Noel and Embiid for other players/picks.

JEDean89
02-23-2015, 10:07 PM
okafor's health has been fine apart from his sprained ankle. i think there certainly a higher risk with drafting a C but if he does work out he will be incredible. He's the best freshman C since Oden, and the reason these guys don't come along often is because they're that rare. Barring any sort of injury, he goes #1

dalton749
02-23-2015, 10:09 PM
They would take him and keep all 3 bigs before making a decision probably. Okafor and embiid could probably make it work together, and could be a scary combo to build around

JustinTime
02-23-2015, 10:23 PM
To those saying no good C's go 1 overall, *post Shaq* Yao Ming, Dwight Howard and Anthony Davis (started as a C) have been terrific. Oden was decent but injuries pilled up so that leaves Olokandi, Kwame & Bargniani (though is a stretch 4 now) who've busted. Bogut is serviceable. So 3 top talents, 3 busts, 1 injury shortened career & 1 average/good player.

That's not what I said. I said there has been no franchise C on a championship team since Shaq. If I'm a gm I only draft SF's and PF's number 1 and if there isn't one worth of it I trade it. Today's NBA you have to build through the SF/PF preferably SF.

jimm120
02-23-2015, 10:27 PM
If they believe that Embiid can be a franchise center or all-star center, then they'll trade Okafor.

If they think that Embiid is going to be good, but not an allstar, they might trade Noel and keep Okafor.

That simple.

The way it seems right now, they'd be targeting a PG in Mudiay or Russell. IF they can get a top 10 pick for Noel, then they'd trade Noel for a pick that can get them that PG, but still draft Okafor.

-The Mekka-
02-23-2015, 10:28 PM
That's not what I said. I said there has been no franchise C on a championship team since Shaq. If I'm a gm I only draft SF's and PF's number 1 and if there isn't one worth of it I trade it. Today's NBA you have to build through the SF/PF preferably SF.

Well there's only been like 4 different champion teams in the last decade so thats an unfair assessment. Also you wouldn't take a elite PG prospect 1 overall?

JustinTime
02-23-2015, 10:39 PM
Well there's only been like 4 different champion teams in the last decade so thats an unfair assessment. Also you wouldn't take a elite PG prospect 1 overall?

I'd go SF first almost always because they are the most versatile players in the game. SF can often play 4 or 5 positions what other position can you do that at? I guess Magic did it but he had a SF's body so that just proves my point.

-The Mekka-
02-23-2015, 10:49 PM
I'd go SF first almost always because they are the most versatile players in the game. SF can often play 4 or 5 positions what other position can you do that at? I guess Magic did it but he had a SF's body so that just proves my point.

I can understand the concept of SF being the priority and they should ideally have the best versatility and well as the ability to be top scorers & elite defenders but I could not pass a top C. Maybe its just my preference to a more old school way of playing (playing O & D through your big men) but I would not pass that opportunity. Obviously Okafor isnt a premier post defender but he's the best prospect, especially as a true big man in quite some time.

2-ONE-5
02-23-2015, 11:06 PM
If they believe that Embiid can be a franchise center or all-star center, then they'll trade Okafor.

If they think that Embiid is going to be good, but not an allstar, they might trade Noel and keep Okafor.

That simple.

The way it seems right now, they'd be targeting a PG in Mudiay or Russell. IF they can get a top 10 pick for Noel, then they'd trade Noel for a pick that can get them that PG, but still draft Okafor.

we dont need to trade Noel for a top 10 pick when we are getting the Miami pick likely to be in the 11-14 range

2-ONE-5
02-23-2015, 11:07 PM

yea exept Okafor is a lot better than SF coming out, were not gonna pass on him for a lesser talent

JustinTime
02-23-2015, 11:55 PM
yea exept Okafor is a lot better than SF coming out, were not gonna pass on him for a lesser talent

If the 76ers feel he's better than Noel and Embiid than I could see it but if not i'd be shopping that pick for a star SF or PF.

whoisonourteam
02-24-2015, 12:08 AM
Hinkie would have to be Blown away by an offer to surrender the top prize in this draft, even on a slight trade down. Even if he was forced to keep all three of Noel-Embiid and Okafor....he will. Rather then take 50 cents on the dollar for a Franchise Center.

Ty Fast
02-24-2015, 12:12 AM

Try 22 years ago lol and Philly should take okafor #1 if they win the lottery.

xxplayerxx23
02-24-2015, 12:21 AM
:laugh2: its a silly comment but he kind of does have a point, besides Duncan when was the last center that was drafted #1 overall and was a franchise center piece

Kandi man
Bogut
Bargnani
Oden

I know there's more but besides DUNCAN and Shaq that were drafted in the 90's, every other center were misses. But Okafor is offensively gifted and he will be drafted #1 (even thou I would draft Russell and Towns ahead of him)

I mean sure that's nice and all and true but just because the past haven't worked out has nothing to do with oakfor. Oakfor is 19 years old won't be 20 until December in his rookie year he's an animal offensively, defense is a lot on the will to do it, I see oakfor being a 23-25 and 10 guy every night in his prime maybe better

xxplayerxx23
02-24-2015, 12:25 AM
Kid is 19 with the best offensive game/footwork in a long time, solid rebounder. He needs to get stronger, people saying he will always suck defensively got to be kidding. All he needs is to get a bit stronger and needs some help defending the pick and roll. That can be taught. Stronger will take hard work that's the only thing I will say I don't know if he's a hard worker but if he is then he will be a superstar.

whoisonourteam
02-24-2015, 12:31 AM
Lets say the Lakers end up drafting 5th in this draft, would L.A. offer up that 5th pick and Julius Rabdle for Okofor ? And would Philly even consider it ?

xxplayerxx23
02-24-2015, 01:05 AM
Lets say the Lakers end up drafting 5th in this draft, would L.A. offer up that 5th pick and Julius Rabdle for Okofor ? And would Philly even consider it ?

Why would philly want that? If they wanted a big man they would just keep oakfor.

IKnowHoops
02-24-2015, 01:32 AM
I'd draft Okafor if I'm the 76ers. Thats a great 3 man rotation they would have. If all three of those guys could pan out, I'd take that. Then with the available cap space, go to free agency and sell the point that you have young, talented big men...sell that to the best 1,2,3 in the league and try to do a one year turn around where you pick up a bunch of young proven stars in free agency 2016 and compete right away. You can't go wrong with 3 dominant big men. Keep the bigs and go to free agency and get the skill guys.

numba1CHANGsta
02-24-2015, 02:10 AM
If the Sixers draft Okafor and keep Embiid and Noel, then they will get the first pick in 2016 as well, this franchise is a joke!

whoisonourteam
02-24-2015, 02:49 AM
If the Sixers draft Okafor and keep Embiid and Noel, then they will get the first pick in 2016 as well, this franchise is a joke!

That's hilarious coming froma fan who's team gave a washed up Kobe a 2 year extension for 48 million dollars when no other team would have offered him a total of even 5 million for 2 years!

sjbirds
02-24-2015, 03:10 AM

yeah because the lakers have been making all the right moves. thanks for the pick that you gave up for an old man with back issues

naps
02-24-2015, 04:26 AM
I would absolutely draft him and then try to trade Noel and Embiid. Why do you have to trade Okafor necessarily? Embiid and Noel are expendable commodities.

BlondeBomber41
02-24-2015, 07:58 AM

Your logic is a little flawed. Except for Lebron, what #1 overall pick has won an NBA Championship in the last 15 years? Position has little to do with that. More has to do with the fact that they are being put on horrible teams and it's always hard to build up from the worst team in the NBA to the best unless you have a lot of luck like Duncan did with San Antonio or you bail on your team like Shaq did and go to LA or Lebron to Miami...

Except for Lebron, I can look at the last 15 years and say I'd easily take Anthony Davis as the best player from the group and he can absolutely win a championship. Dwight Howard made it to game 6 of the NBA Finals as the centerpiece of his team when Rashard Lewis, Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkoglu were his best teammates against Kobe, Pau, Bynum and Ron Artest. Give the guy some credit...

The notion that you shouldn't take a center #1 overall because none have been the cornerstone of a championship team recently is ridiculous. The idea that the #1 pick has to be the cornerstone of a franchise is ridiculous. I'd never consider Tyson Chandler for example to be the cornerstone of a championship franchise, but if I knew I was getting Tyson Chandler with the pick I'd snag him in a heartbeat, even if he isn't going to be my franchise player.

2-ONE-5
02-24-2015, 10:13 AM
If the 76ers feel he's better than Noel and Embiid than I could see it but if not i'd be shopping that pick for a star SF or PF.

it doesnt work that way. itrs not like we can get KD for Okafor

so youre saying if we take Russell instead we wont be the worst team? i think youre the one who is a joke

Miltstar
02-24-2015, 10:21 AM
or you could just take him and have Noel come off the bench??? Noel profiles more as a role player anyways

Jeffy25
03-01-2015, 07:29 PM

Shaq was drafted 23 years ago

Centers can be elite franchise changing players, obviously.

Hakeem too.

Cal827
03-01-2015, 07:49 PM
What Naps said, I would draft him, and look to trade Noel or Embid. Especially Embid TBH cause I think Noel could become somewhat of a defensive staple inside (which is always nice if you're going to have a twin tower type set). A better defensive presence inside can help the development of Okafor further, as he wouldn't be exposed as much at the get go, thus likely preventing his confidence from being shot too badly lol

Embid might have a higher upside, but there are too many flags already to me (Bad injury, maturity/weight issues) that would warrant keeping him over Noel/Okafor. On the bright side, some team would probably drop everything to get him. Maybe get a top 10 this year, and another future first for him from someone.

2-ONE-5
03-01-2015, 10:37 PM
there are no maturity or weight issues with Embiid and he looks good/healthy right now with what we get to see of his workouts.

Cal827
03-01-2015, 10:49 PM
there are no maturity or weight issues with Embiid and he looks good/healthy right now with what we get to see of his workouts.

Well, I guess I should have said there were questions, as I remember past articles. Of course, since you're a sixers fan, you would know better than I would :laugh2:

What would you do in the scenario that you guys get the 1st overall pick?

SeoulBeatz
03-01-2015, 11:23 PM
Well, I guess I should have said there were questions, as I remember past articles. Of course, since you're a sixers fan, you would know better than I would :laugh2:

Yeah those claims were totally unsubstantiated. There are numerous videos of Joel working out over the past few weeks where he looks nowhere close to being out of shape.

Some reports said he was 325+.... yeah, no way friggin way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OdqsZUqYDk (Joel Workout 2 weeks ago)

Ty22Mitchell
03-02-2015, 12:04 AM
Your logic is a little flawed. Except for Lebron, what #1 overall pick has won an NBA Championship in the last 15 years? Position has little to do with that. More has to do with the fact that they are being put on horrible teams and it's always hard to build up from the worst team in the NBA to the best unless you have a lot of luck like Duncan did with San Antonio or you bail on your team like Shaq did and go to LA or Lebron to Miami...

Except for Lebron, I can look at the last 15 years and say I'd easily take Anthony Davis as the best player from the group and he can absolutely win a championship. Dwight Howard made it to game 6 of the NBA Finals as the centerpiece of his team when Rashard Lewis, Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkoglu were his best teammates against Kobe, Pau, Bynum and Ron Artest. Give the guy some credit...

The notion that you shouldn't take a center #1 overall because none have been the cornerstone of a championship team recently is ridiculous. The idea that the #1 pick has to be the cornerstone of a franchise is ridiculous. I'd never consider Tyson Chandler for example to be the cornerstone of a championship franchise, but if I knew I was getting Tyson Chandler with the pick I'd snag him in a heartbeat, even if he isn't going to be my franchise player.

Well said.

Ty22Mitchell
03-02-2015, 12:19 AM

Kandi man
Bogut
Bargnani
Oden

The game is always evolving. Positions go in and out of style. 10 years ago the point guard was considered dead, and now it's a point guard heavy league. There will be another great center to come, it's just a matter of time. Imo, a great center is worth doubling down on your franchise's future (and your job if you're a GM).

The 76ers have to ask themselves who value more between Embid, Noel (I have watched him much, but reports say he's a 5) and Okafor. Having all three on the roster doesn't make sense longterm. Guys need to play to develop.

Bostonjorge
03-02-2015, 12:30 AM
Lakers should trade future picks with boozer and Lin to help the sixes tank once again.

Then lakers with the 5th pick or so draft kaminsky giving the lakers the twin towers.

Okafor is the next Duncan. Great post up player who can also pass out of the post.

Cal827
03-02-2015, 12:34 AM
Yeah those claims were totally unsubstantiated. There are numerous videos of Joel working out over the past few weeks where he looks nowhere close to being out of shape.

Some reports said he was 325+.... yeah, no way friggin way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OdqsZUqYDk (Joel Workout 2 weeks ago)

Well, he looks like hes fit now lol

Also, he has some good range for a C, but watching the first minute, he needs to work on his post shot :laugh2:

Giannis94
03-02-2015, 12:51 AM
I'll offer anyone outside Giannis and Parker. Wouldn't deal them straight up for Okafor. I also hope the 76ers get the two lowest picks possible.

2-ONE-5
03-02-2015, 10:10 AM

with the exception of Tom Moore and Jon Gonzalez the reporters here despise Hinkie and make up stuff all the time bcuz he gives them no inside info. The Embiid stuff was disproved after a day or 2. If we get 1 we take Okafor unless someone offers something seriously substantial, we keep all 3 bigs and see what happens

2-ONE-5
03-02-2015, 10:13 AM
I'll offer anyone outside Giannis and Parker. Wouldn't deal them straight up for Okafor. I also hope the 76ers get the two lowest picks possible.

well we wouldnt do it for Giannis and there is no reason for u to trade Parker for Embiid when you could have drafted him instead.

Giannis94
03-02-2015, 11:40 AM
well we wouldnt do it for Giannis and there is no reason for u to trade Parker for Embiid when you could have drafted him instead.

Lolol

sixer04fan
03-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Lolol

I can see the argument for why you think Giannis is a better prospect than Okafor. Maybe we would do that. But it's certainly not an LOL to think otherwise. We're not talking about Lebron, Durant, and Anthony Davis here. We're talking about Giannis

xxplayerxx23
03-02-2015, 11:55 AM
I can see the argument for why you think Giannis is a better prospect than Okafor. Maybe we would do that. But it's certainly not an LOL to think otherwise. We're not talking about Lebron, Durant, and Anthony Davis here. We're talking about Giannis

Oakfor is a better prospect.

Giannis94
03-02-2015, 11:59 AM

How many players can play positions 1-5 and defend elite players at all of them if necessary?

sixer04fan
03-02-2015, 11:59 AM

Don't tell brewer that...

Giannis94
03-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Don't tell brewer that...
In case you guys wanted to pleasure yourselves:

Exhibit A:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WnXA0NUKCM

Exhibit B:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhs3dEFaXm0

2-ONE-5
03-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Lol Giannis is a decent player but he is not worth the #1 overall pick/Okafor straight up.

sixer04fan
03-02-2015, 12:10 PM
In case you guys wanted to pleasure yourselves:

Exhibit A:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WnXA0NUKCM

Exhibit B:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhs3dEFaXm0

I love Giannis. Huge fan of his potential. But you're making him out to be like he's already a superstar.

Giannis94
03-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Lol Giannis is a decent player but he is not worth the #1 overall pick/Okafor straight up.

Because he is such a raw player who is still working to fit in his body. He came into the league at 6'9 or something and now hes 6'11 3/4. Not saying that hes better than Okafor for the short term but Giannis's potential is sky high.

Giannis94
03-02-2015, 12:15 PM
I love Giannis. Huge fan of his potential. But you're making him out to be like he's already a superstar.

If he was in LAL, NYY, CHI- then he would already be a star IRL and PSD would be raving over him.

SeoulBeatz
03-02-2015, 12:21 PM
If he was in LAL, NYY, CHI- then he would already be a star IRL and PSD would be raving over him.

How? He is potentially an elite defensive stopper but I don't see him ever developing the offensive game to be a true superstar. I feel the same way about Nerlens Noel though, so it's not a slight to Giannis.

sixer04fan
03-02-2015, 12:25 PM

What does that have to do with his actual value compared to the first overall pick?

Again I like him a lot and think his value actually can be close to first overall pick material. But he's averaging 12 PPG right now. You finding it funny that a team wouldn't want to trade the first pick in the draft for him is pretty insane homerism.

Giannis94
03-02-2015, 12:28 PM
What does that have to do with his actual value compared to the first overall pick?

Again I like him a lot and think his value actually can be close to first overall pick material. But he's averaging 12 PPG right now. You finding it funny that a team wouldn't want to trade the first pick in the draft for him is pretty insane homerism.

Congratulations you just summed up the PSD NBA forum in three words. I fit right in then.

sixer04fan
03-02-2015, 12:31 PM
Congratulations you just summed up the PSD NBA forum in three words. I fit right in then.

Ok...? So you're a homer? I don't even know what you're talking about anymore regarding the topic. But whatever

futureman
03-02-2015, 01:46 PM
Nothing. If he can't defend and Rebound he's worthless. Wouldn't take him with the first pick at all.

SeoulBeatz
03-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Well, he looks like hes fit now lol

Also, he has some good range for a C, but watching the first minute, he needs to work on his post shot :laugh2:

haha he was just warming up

But yeah Embiid's shooting touch in drills came as a surprise. He seems pretty comfortable with the NBA 3 so that bodes well for him and Noel playing in the same frontcourt.

sixer04fan
03-02-2015, 02:47 PM
haha he was just warming up

But yeah Embiid's shooting touch in drills came as a surprise. He seems pretty comfortable with the NBA 3 so that bodes well for him and Noel playing in the same frontcourt.

The funny thing is I bet Embiid is already a better shooter than MCW, and it's not even close

Hawkeye15
03-02-2015, 02:51 PM
when you lose 65 games, you always take best available talent and figure it out later

it's not like Hinkie will have the Sixers as a finished product this summer. Roll the dice, worst case one of the 3 turns out to be meh, best case, you have a great trade chip as it gets closer to having to re-sign them.

Hawkamania
03-02-2015, 06:29 PM
If I'm the Knicks in this hypothetical draft and manage to land the #2 pick, I let the Sixers trade with another team and take Karl Towns instead. :)

Although in all seriousness, I think the Sixers would keep the pick and take Okafar regardless of their front court logjam of Embiid and Noel.

D-Leethal
03-02-2015, 08:41 PM
Offer a future unprotected first and Hinkie would trade you all three.