PDA

View Full Version : Mock Trade Game (Conference Finals) Cleveland vs Orlando

Shammyguy3
02-22-2015, 11:20 PM
The Bulls' forum hosted the Mock Trade game again this year. Teams were combined to make an even 20 team league. Conferences were adjusted to compensate for disparity in talent. The top-8 teams in each conference made the playoffs. Vote on the poll for which team you think would win in a 7-game series. Players are considered 100% healthy. If they have been out the whole year, use the last season that they played and take about 80% of their production to vote (e.g. Paul George).

2. Cleveland (Home-Court Advantage)
Darren Collison - Trey Burke - Matthew Dellavedova
Bradley Beal - Gerald Green - JR Smith - Mike Miller
Lebron James - Corey Brewer - James Jones
Anthony Davis - Tristan Thompson
Hassan Whiteside - Anderson Varejao - Brendan Haywood

4. Orlando
PG: Russell Westbrook/Tony Wroten
SG: Gordon Hayward/Vince Carter/Alan Anderson
SF: Draymond Green/Quincy Pondexter
PF: Nene Hilario/Ed Davis/Marcus Morris
C: Roy Hibbert/Timofey Mozgov/Brandan Wright/Miles Plumlee

No Write-ups

MFFL==FML
02-23-2015, 12:39 AM
Both are good teams but neither blows me away. Each team has major holes.

Cleveland's only defensive wing is LeBron James. Their best bench defender is Corey Brewer, the player that is suppose to back LeBron James up...

Orlando has great defense but not nearly enough offense. Russell will have to go off for 30 a game to account for the lack of offensive production from Draymond/Nene/Roy.

I'll wait for for teams to respond before voting.

Kaner
02-23-2015, 04:31 AM
I think Clevelands too talented to lose, Lebron and Davis would be an all-time great duo and they come with great supporting pieces around them. Also Cleveland's bench wrecks Orlando's, whose arguably 3 best bench players are at Center.

Shammyguy3
02-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Both are good teams but neither blows me away. Each team has major holes.

Cleveland's only defensive wing is LeBron James. Their best bench defender is Corey Brewer, the player that is suppose to back LeBron James up...

Orlando has great defense but not nearly enough offense. Russell will have to go off for 30 a game to account for the lack of offensive production from Draymond/Nene/Roy.

I'll wait for for teams to respond before voting.

exactly how I feel. I think Orlando built a team that matched up perfectly against Philly/Cleveland, two superior teams in terms of talent. I'm actually leaning towards Orlando, that's a better team than the 2011 Bulls in terms of offense AND defense for the starting unit. However, I want to see some debate. Because of Roy Hibbert gets in foul trouble then that changes the entire series.

KnicksorBust
02-23-2015, 06:45 PM
You REALLY have to buy into Westbrook here to like Orlando. Plus Hibbert has really come bac to Earth since one big series against the Heat. This series goes to Cleveland and pretty easily.

unleashthebeast
02-23-2015, 09:35 PM
Yeah I really don't see much of a debate for this game. LeBron and AD will dominate this series, and Orlando simply doesn't have the firepower needed to match those guys.

Shammyguy3
02-23-2015, 10:29 PM
Yeah I really don't see much of a debate for this game. LeBron and AD will dominate this series, and Orlando simply doesn't have the firepower needed to match those guys.

Draymond Green & Roy Hibbert can slow Lebron down enough to make it far more interesting than you argue. And I just realized that Orlando also has Mozgov as a backup center. Nene guarding Anthony Davis I could live with as well. I think your team's defense would have trouble guarding the Magic here, from Westbrook's penetration to the spacing and physicality that Orlando has.

BlondeBomber41
02-24-2015, 07:41 AM
Really love those centers in Orlando... could of traded a couple of them to stack your bench or get you a true 3rd scoring option with Westbrook and Hayward.

Shammyguy3
02-24-2015, 11:22 AM
12 hours left to vote

unleashthebeast
02-24-2015, 01:35 PM
Draymond Green & Roy Hibbert can slow Lebron down enough to make it far more interesting than you argue. And I just realized that Orlando also has Mozgov as a backup center. Nene guarding Anthony Davis I could live with as well. I think your team's defense would have trouble guarding the Magic here, from Westbrook's penetration to the spacing and physicality that Orlando has.

Draymond Green is a good defender and all but come on, he is going to slow down LeBron? And if Roy Hibbert is that focused on LeBron, Whiteside is a pretty good finisher at the rim and will have plenty of easy baskets.

Nene has only been able to handle 25 minutes per game this year, the dude has been declining for like the last 4 years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does he even play crunchtime minutes anymore? Anthony Davis will absolutely DOMINATE this matchup.

Westbrook will get his no doubt, but he will have trouble penetrating with my twin towers, so I am fine living with Westbrook taking a ton of outside shots. And Orlando simply doesn't have enough around Westbrook to beat a team led by LeBron-AD-Beal offensively

mightybosstone
02-24-2015, 02:16 PM
Orlando is very good, but Cleveland is just too freaking stacked with Lebron and Davis. How in the hell did they end up a No. 2 seed? Lemme guess.... The Bulls forum voted a team with a bunch of Bulls players No. 1?

unleashthebeast
02-24-2015, 02:33 PM
Orlando is very good, but Cleveland is just too freaking stacked with Lebron and Davis. How in the hell did they end up a No. 2 seed? Lemme guess.... The Bulls forum voted a team with a bunch of Bulls players No. 1?

:laugh2: close, it was a Durant team. It was a pretty good squad, I still am surprised they got the #1 seed over me though

Matter.
02-24-2015, 06:01 PM
Really love those centers in Orlando... could of traded a couple of them to stack your bench or get you a true 3rd scoring option with Westbrook and Hayward.

hard to trade when people only want to make trades that they rape

KnicksorBust
02-24-2015, 06:19 PM
hard to trade when people only want to make trades that they rape

Yeah I don't think I've ever seen a 4th string center in a redraft/mock game that actually started in real life. :laugh: You made some history there kid.

unleashthebeast
02-24-2015, 10:18 PM
Yeah I don't think I've ever seen a 4th string center in a redraft/mock game that actually started in real life. :laugh: You made some history there kid.

Well some of the worse teams were combined (I think he was Orlando and Phoenix) and one team also quit so their players were awarded to the weaker teams, that's how he got Hibbert. But still haha, pretty weird

Shammyguy3
02-24-2015, 11:05 PM
Orlando's good, i think IRL this series goes 7 games. But i ultimately had to vote for the talent that Cleveland has. And with less than 20 minutes to go Cleveland will advance it seems.

KnicksorBust
02-25-2015, 06:47 PM
Orlando's good, i think IRL this series goes 7 games. But i ultimately had to vote for the talent that Cleveland has. And with less than 20 minutes to go Cleveland will advance it seems.

I predicted Cleveland would be fan friendly in a popular vote. But people need to realize that Collison and white side are not title material

Shammyguy3
02-26-2015, 08:32 PM
I predicted Cleveland would be fan friendly in a popular vote. But people need to realize that Collison and white side are not title material

Collison is fine, Whiteside is certainly not. Championship round is about to be posted though.