PDA

View Full Version : Should Paul George return?

Sanjay
02-22-2015, 08:29 PM
It has been reported Paul George may be able to return in mid-March.

Yes
If playing will not make his injury worse, there is no reason why he shouldn't ease his way back in which would be a huge emotional boost for the Indiana Pacers. He could come off the bench against the struggling Boston Celtics on Saturday 14th March at home. They are currently only 1.5 games back of the eighth seed and 5-1 in their last six games, including wins over the hot Cleveland Cavaliers and the Detroit Pistons and at the Charlotte Hornets (two other teams who are competing for places in the Eastern Conference playoffs). If he is able to play reasonably well he would probably be their second option behind David West and could only help them and if they make the post-season and he gets his legs back my then they could be a sleeper threat. If not, at least they tried lol.

No
Even if the doctors say playing won't make his injury worse, he hasn't for seven and a half months so his body will be more susceptible to injuries (like Kevin Durant). If he struggles upon his return it would be a equally big emotional let-down for the team. The team has won five of their last six games without him and if he returns he may break up their chemistry.

Tony_Starks
02-22-2015, 08:58 PM
In the east? Hell yeah, he could very well end up in the ECF. Its a broken bone, he's young enough to bounce completely back once it heals. If we were talking ligament or tendon damage it would be another story....

goingfor28
02-22-2015, 11:14 PM
Yes it's the east. They're not far out, and w Bosh out Miami likely will fall, and Charlotte and Nets aren't anything special. Might as well. I hope he does

InRoseWeTrust
02-22-2015, 11:14 PM
Didn't this thread literally just happen? Am I having a stroke?

FlashBolt
02-23-2015, 12:50 AM
Because two months is enough time for PG to be NBA ready and going up against the best player, LeBron. Let's be real. PG should sit out and take his time. He went through a NASTY injury. Don't risk it.

Big Zo
02-23-2015, 04:23 PM
Just sit. Indy isn't going anywhere this year, no matter how ****** the east is.

IndyRealist
02-23-2015, 05:56 PM
Just sit. Indy isn't going anywhere this year, no matter how ****** the east is.

I agree, but Indy is like 6-1 since George Hill got off minute restrictions and Rodney Stuckey went to a 6th man role, with like 10 of the next 15 at home. They could get to 7th seed without really trying, assuming Miami drops off.

Sanjay
02-23-2015, 06:26 PM
Didn't this thread literally just happen? Am I having a stroke?

What? Lol

Sanjay
02-23-2015, 06:31 PM
I agree, but Indy is like 6-1 since George Hill got off minute restrictions and Rodney Stuckey went to a 6th man role, with like 10 of the next 15 at home. They could get to 7th seed without really trying, assuming Miami drops off.

Even if Dragic keeps Miami up, I see the Pistons as the 7th seed and the Pacers 8th.