PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the next Chris Andersen?

JasonJohnHorn
02-22-2015, 08:47 AM
A couple of seasons ago, Chris Andersen fell out of the rotation, and then false criminal charges seemed to scare off a lot of teams. The Heat took a chance, picked him up, and he ended up giving the Heat some crucial rebounding and defense to help them win two 7-game series against the Pacers and the Spurs, both of which they likely would have lost without Andersen.

Right now there are several front court players available: Samuel Dalembert, Larry Sanders, and Emeka Okafor.

Can any of these guys provide the kind of spark that a contender is looking for off the bench to give their team that extra rebounding and bulk in the front court come playoff time? If a team had room for all three guys, it seems like the would have a pretty good front court rotation on paper.

Throw in Ray Allen.... and a team that looks like first-round fodder could move into contention. The Rockets could certainly bolster their chances. The Cavs and Heat could do the same. Sanders might likely be an upgrade from Perkins at C and Okafor or Dalembert would be great veteran guys to have. Portland. LAC.

Can any of these guys, or any combination of these guys, make that kind of impact for a team?

IndyRealist
02-22-2015, 09:41 AM
It's going to be Sanders most likely, but hopefully not this year. He's young, athletic, and protects the rim. Contenders always need a guy like him, and have the vet presence to keep him in line.

JeffG20
02-22-2015, 10:36 AM
Out of all these guys I'd see a healthy Okafor possibly doing it.

But, We have a guy on the Pelicans that is very capable of doing this kind of thing is he ever goes to a contender and that's Alexis Ajinca. He started out the season fouling like crazy. He seems to have pulled it together and quite honestly seems more impactful then Asik right now. I'd love to see this guy get an opportunity, even if it aint with us.

JasonJohnHorn
02-22-2015, 02:10 PM
Out of all these guys I'd see a healthy Okafor possibly doing it.

But, We have a guy on the Pelicans that is very capable of doing this kind of thing is he ever goes to a contender and that's Alexis Ajinca. He started out the season fouling like crazy. He seems to have pulled it together and quite honestly seems more impactful then Asik right now. I'd love to see this guy get an opportunity, even if it aint with us.

Thanks for the heads up on this guy. I'll keep my eye out for him.

JeffG20
02-22-2015, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this guy. I'll keep my eye out for him.

Welp, good luck. We are never on TV. Hope you got league pass lol