PDA

View Full Version : Mitch is late but finally got it

ldawg
02-21-2015, 08:27 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2372528-lakers-gm-kupchak-plans-to-build-for-future-even-at-expense-of-kobe

Kobe is done and Byron cant coach him. Kobe has no success out side of Phill Jackson wings. At this point Kobe will hinder more that help get the Lakers back to respectability. No why should the Lakers make moves with Kobe in mind. Mitch should also not tie up money with players like Rhondo. Rhondo is over rated and need to tank Ray, KG, Paul and Doc he was a perfect fit for them right now he cant stay healthy and while a solid PG is not a max player and no way should Lakers entertain him to appease Kobe and his agenda. Lakers are rebuilding and need to stay on that path and not do the opposite. If rebuilding Boston ditch Rhondo why rebuilding Lakers need Him? Its unfortunate Jim sat back and watch top tier players walk of nothing and resign an injured aged star to a huge contract. Mitch need to learn how to bunt and get men on base you cant go for home runs all the time.

GREATNESS ONE
02-21-2015, 08:39 PM
I'll leave this open for a bit and see where it goes.

New Power House
02-21-2015, 09:21 PM
Cupcake is the real liar. He is saying all the time that we are not tanking and nevertheless, he did not make any move to prove his point. Yes now the world knows that Mamba is very close to say adios to the NBA,but he still relevant because according to him and his boss, Mamba deserved the last contract. SO Kobe still holding their magnificent plan? or not? No! The plan is and has been to kept Mamba as long as possible until they could rebuild,because even with him in the hospital the Lakers still a success economically. So, the real liar is Jimbaco and he is his accomplice. ENjoy the tank and hope that our Mamba return for his last year and give us a little push into the future.

numba1CHANGsta
02-21-2015, 09:27 PM
I feel like Kobe will come back for another year or two for a vet min and come off the bench after his current contract is up. I just can't see him passing up on an opportunity to winning one more ring. I truly feel like the Lakers will be a championship contender by 2017 which is 2 years from this summer

New Power House
02-21-2015, 09:37 PM
"I just don't know how you send that message to a coaching staff or players," Kupchak said. "That's not just something that we want people to think that we would do." Reffering to tankingnation!

ldawg
02-21-2015, 11:29 PM
I feel like Kobe will come back for another year or two for a vet min and come off the bench after his current contract is up. I just can't see him passing up on an opportunity to winning one more ring. I truly feel like the Lakers will be a championship contender by 2017 which is 2 years from this summerI think thats it for Kobe. If he play in the NBA agin after next season it wont be for the Lakers. Lakers wont be a real contender before Kobe is well into his 40s. Returning to the Lakers after next season would further hurt his Legacy, He wont do that. Did you not see it almost got Nasty this season. He has already said bench role is not him and wont stick around the league if he cant play at a high level. He has no success outside the triangle with Phill so if he does return expect NY to be his choice. he may accept a smaller role helping out if buddies Melo and Fisher in a system he found success. His day in La are numbered playing with him has become a challenge and scott cant contain him so Mitch has to make sure he dont return. Mitch is hoping he leaves on his own terms so he dont have to get his hands dirty and look like a bad guy. I would put dollars that mitch hopes 2015/2016 season is it.

ldawg
02-21-2015, 11:55 PM
Kobe has evolve and he is one of very few players to play in the league 18+ years at a high level without major injuries. Thats legendary in itself. But everything comes to a end. Will kobe can still play pass his contract he would have to evolve once again. His present style makes his presents to dominant on the team. While he still show flashes he is clearly not the same player and is no longer a #1 or even a #2 option on a championship team. Is Kobe willing to be less than average and possible bench player? Do he have it in him to become a better shooter? I dont know. Can he be a vince carter a manu? i dont know if his ego can stomach that. For that reason i think he is done in 2016.

GREATNESS ONE
02-22-2015, 12:32 AM
Kobe will never play for another franchise, except our Los Angeles Lakers

lakers4sh0
02-22-2015, 12:51 AM
rebuild won't start until kobe retires

GREATNESS ONE
02-22-2015, 12:55 AM
I think it begins this year. :)

r8derguy805
02-22-2015, 12:59 AM
I am a die hard laker fan. Been through the good and bad. But to hear all this bad talk about Kobe just sickens me. You all think just because Kobe retires or leaves the lakers we will become relavant again? Kobe can't win w/o Phil. Kobe can't be controlled w/o Phil. Well neither did MJ. Phil knows how to get the best of his players. Thats why he is who he is. We coulda had him again when we had Pau,Kobe,Dwight. What has our FO done since the passing of Dr Buss. NOTHING. And they will continue to do NOTHING. The fact that they were willing to offer Dragic max money says it all. There are many years the Lakers wasted of Kobe's prime. And in this time even more so. This not the same organization we all once came to know. And I for one do not see it getting any better. I have never been a fan of Lil Jimmy Buss. I like jeanie but she is to blame as well. She has the power to step in at any time and remove her idiot brother but does no such thing.

The Lakers are in big trouble with the FO we have now running the show. I will still be here cheering on my team and wish for Kobe's healthy return. IN the mean time. Go ahead and keep blaming Kobe for all the Lakers misfortunes. This generation of fans just seems spoiled.

ldawg
02-22-2015, 02:47 AM
double post

ldawg
02-22-2015, 02:48 AM
I am a die hard laker fan. Been through the good and bad. But to hear all this bad talk about Kobe just sickens me. You all think just because Kobe retires or leaves the lakers we will become relavant again? Kobe can't win w/o Phil. Kobe can't be controlled w/o Phil. Well neither did MJ. Phil knows how to get the best of his players. Thats why he is who he is. We coulda had him again when we had Pau,Kobe,Dwight. What has our FO done since the passing of Dr Buss. NOTHING. And they will continue to do NOTHING. The fact that they were willing to offer Dragic max money says it all. There are many years the Lakers wasted of Kobe's prime. And in this time even more so. This not the same organization we all once came to know. And I for one do not see it getting any better. I have never been a fan of Lil Jimmy Buss. I like jeanie but she is to blame as well. She has the power to step in at any time and remove her idiot brother but does no such thing.

The Lakers are in big trouble with the FO we have now running the show. I will still be here cheering on my team and wish for Kobe's healthy return. IN the mean time. Go ahead and keep blaming Kobe for all the Lakers misfortunes. This generation of fans just seems spoiled.reality dont mean spoil. No pun intend but you sound more of a Kobe fan than a Laker fan. No one is blaming kobe for Lakers trouble. He is the face of the taem and highest paid that comes with some responsibility. I like Kobe to but he is next to done. He give his best years to us and has put in many wonderful years. of his 19 years he help bring in 5 titles and have built a legacy in LA. It still dont change that those days are gone and aint coming back. not only you have been here with the good and bad but its time to let go. Kobe can still be with the team but his words not mine. He dont want to be around if he cant play at a high level and its him that remind everyone its my team. In that aspect then yes its time to move on. He is no longer a number 1 or 2 and if he cant accept that reality then yes Mitch or any fan that has Lakers interest up front has that right to move on. It has nothing to do with the last ten years but the next ten years. If seeing Kobe is so important it has reruns dated back 2000. Lakers cant continue to build around Kobe and stink up the joint over and over again. It time to start a new chapter and kobe cant be the headline.

royal bob
02-22-2015, 02:48 AM

The Lakers are in big trouble with the FO we have now running the show. I will still be here cheering on my team and wish for Kobe's healthy return. IN the mean time. Go ahead and keep blaming Kobe for all the Lakers misfortunes. This generation of fans just seems spoiled.

Dude......

Kobe can't win because his legs are 103 years old. I've been a die-hard since Jerry West actually played for the Lakers. The Lakers were legendary before Kobe was born, and Kobe's performance had nothing to do with Phil Jackson.....who is really doing a bang-up job in New York....isn't he?

There is no Laker fan who can discredit what Kobe has done in a Lakers uniform....but his time is over. In his mind, he is still the best player in the league, but the reality is that his over-inflated ego cost the Lakers two years of development time. While he is on the floor, he is the alpha dog....anyone else can only be #2. Add to that his salary which is at least double what his actual value is, and possibly even triple....and the Lakers are unable to invest in any assets long term.

Kobe isnt bad.....he just isnt good at this stage in his career

Tony_Starks
02-23-2015, 10:28 PM

Very spoiled. And ungrateful. I guarantee the very same ones that are trying to rush Kobe out the door or are wishing he goes somewhere else are the sane ones with Kobe jerseys in the closet.

I'm not down with this what have you done for me lately stuff. The only persons I'm looking at are Buss and Mitch. As far as I'm concerned Kobe can play until he's 40!

ldawg
02-24-2015, 12:17 AM
Very spoiled. And ungrateful. I guarantee the very same ones that are trying to rush Kobe out the door or are wishing he goes somewhere else are the sane ones with Kobe jerseys in the closet.

I'm not down with this what have you done for me lately stuff. The only persons I'm looking at are Buss and Mitch. As far as I'm concerned Kobe can play until he's 40!smh...whats the big deal of a grown man wearing another mans name on his back? i dont own one. Its a thin line between obsession and ungrateful. The reality is Kobe can play until hes 40 but does his personality allow it? I could careless if he plays till 40 to but you need to pay attention to what he says whats going on. Can Kobe accept that its not about Kobe? can Kobe ride in the back seat? Can Kobe practice with the team and play the grind of the season regularly? If what best for Kobe is that best for the Lakers? Lakers could offer Kobe a position in the office for the hard work and years he has put in, he dont have to fall apart on the court. Its understandable some are not ready to accept that the end is here or very very near.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcVMQf323JE

these are kobes words not mine i can only go with what he says and the reality of whats happening. This was not exactly a high level season for Kobe he was ok. He also did not practice with the team, miss back to backs, got a season ending injury for the 3rd straight year and most importantly aint playing for nothing with Lakers present state. Can he accept rookies being # 1 on a rebuilding team?

kobes words

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/10/09/report-end-in-sight-for-kobe/

So much so that the next question — about whether Bryant would ever change his mind and hang on for an extra year or two as a role player averaging 15 points just to pad his championship resume — needn’t have been asked.
“That’s not gonna happen,” Bryant said. “That’s just not me.”
True to his character, Bryant doesn’t seem interested in riding someone else’s coat tails during the twilight of his career. We can respect that stance. Any true competitor would.
It would have to be painful for a player who refused to subjugate his game and ego at the start of his career to Shaquille O’Neal do so at the end of his career.