PDA

View Full Version : Which Executives Are Overrated?

Wade n Fade
02-20-2015, 06:17 PM
I nominate Mitch Kupcheck. He didn't do so great in the Shaq or Caron Butler deals. Yes, Memphis stupidly traded for Kwame Brown, but they got Marc Gasol awhile later. He gave Kobe a bad deal. Traded for Nash and got nothing out of it. Lost Howard and didn't get anything in return. Signed Luke Walton to a bad contract to sit on a bench. He didn't even trade Gasol last season either.

goingfor28
02-20-2015, 06:38 PM
Doc the GM

Redrum187
02-20-2015, 06:49 PM
Doc, the GM, is trying to reach the level of toxicity for the Clippers as Donald Sterling was.

SteveNash
02-20-2015, 07:12 PM
Morey and Hinkie are the two obvious answers.

SportsFanatic10
02-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Doc the GM

i don't know, yes hes bad but it seems everyone agrees with that so i don't know if he's overrated per say.

BHF
02-20-2015, 08:05 PM
In before this 13 year old Canadian Raps fan says Masai Ujiri.

Htownballa1622
02-20-2015, 08:08 PM
Morey and Hinkie are the two obvious answers.

*Turns kevin martin, Steven Adams, and jeremy lamb into james harden *

gets called overrated. Lol.

Hinkie shouldn't be judged at this moment.
He's clearly got a 5 year plan and is maybe on year 2 of it.

Vinylman
02-20-2015, 08:26 PM
Mitchy has been exposed by the new CBA... It was an uneven playing field until then...

he could overspend and throw money at other teams to get deals done... he preyed on their poor financial condition...

he can't do that any longer

Dade County
02-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Mitchy has been exposed by the new CBA... It was an uneven playing field until then...

he could overspend and throw money at other teams to get deals done... he preyed on their poor financial condition...

he can't do that any longer

lol

This is kind of a hate thread though

Vinylman
02-20-2015, 08:55 PM
lol

This is kind of a hate thread though

except as a 40 year plus Laker fan it isn't hate ... it is reality

ThuglifeJ
02-20-2015, 09:47 PM
Morey dropped the ball hard on every big player this offseason and trade deadline. Bosh, Bron, Melo, Dragic? Every PG that moved this break?

He rubs players the wrong way and uses the analytics guru crap as a cover up.

He's overrated.

Dade County
02-20-2015, 10:02 PM
except as a 40 year plus Laker fan it isn't hate ... it is reality

Come on, every franchise goes through down time.

When and if the cap goes to 90mil, you know the Lakers will be back.

Vinylman
02-20-2015, 10:10 PM
Come on, every franchise goes through down time.

When and if the cap goes to 90mil, you know the Lakers will be back.

no they won't because everyone will have more money... revenue sharing and the repeater tax has KILLED the advantages they use to have...

Give me a good decision the Lakers FO had made in the last 3 years... just one

lakerfan85
02-20-2015, 10:18 PM
no they won't because everyone will have more money... revenue sharing and the repeater tax has KILLED the advantages they use to have...

Give me a good decision the Lakers FO had made in the last 3 years... just one

Come on Vinyl.. Does Robert Sacre ring a bell??

rhino17
02-20-2015, 10:22 PM
Sam Presti. Had an amazing team that made the finals, if he would've kept them together they'd have won 5+ championships. Instead the Thunder have been getting worse and worse every season and he seems to have no idea what he is doing

LakersIn5
02-20-2015, 11:28 PM
Morey is good but people act like he is great. He only got harden because the wizards didnt want to give him a max extension. He hasnt even made the wcf.

Saddletramp
02-21-2015, 06:28 AM
Morey is good but people act like he is great. He only got harden because the wizards didnt want to give him a max extension. He hasnt even made the wcf.

Morey saw a guy who was worth it and a guy you could build around. I guarantee you that if there was a crystal ball to see in the future, not only would Presti have made Harden the priorty alongside Westbrook and Durant, but every GM in the league would have given him the restrictive free agent maximum. And every GM would have had to outbid each other.

PurpleLynch
02-21-2015, 07:56 AM
Kupchak is really disappointing me. He doesn't know how to manage contracts now that Lakers haven't money or pieces to offer.

Doc has the crown though. That trade for his son was the nail in the coffin imo.

nycericanguy
02-21-2015, 01:05 PM
Ainge, he's been rebuilding BOS for what? like 4 years now? And they still look a long ways from being good. He waited until Rondo's value was at an all time low to trade him, could have gotten a lot more 2 years ago but he was stubborn.