PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love to leave Cavs ?

Stunner
02-19-2015, 03:45 PM
@MikeAndMike: "Almost all of the executives I've talked to believe he's leaving Cleveland after this year." - @Chris_Broussard http://t.co/K92DsKbCnx

KnicksorBust
02-19-2015, 03:46 PM
There's no better situation out there for him than in Cleveland. Let the playoffs unfold. That has a far greater impact on his probability of staying than anything an executive thinks in the middle of February.

IKnowHoops
02-19-2015, 04:03 PM
If he does leave, then Lebron looks like not only an idiot, but a bane and destroyer of the Cavs future with trading away Wiggins. If Love leaves, this will be the only thing I hold against Lebron. You can't go messing around with the Cavs future like that because you want to return all of a sudden. You can't go get rid of a possible Tmac/Kobe level talent so you can be the main shine piece. I'm not mad at anything Lebron has ever done, but I was always shaking my head at this trade and if Love doesn't resign then this will be Lebron's one big whiff in my eyes. A very very stupid selfish move on his part. If you were going to do this deal, then you at least needed a guarantee from Love he was staying. The only thing that can save him is if the Cavs are able to do a sign and trade with Love that brings back a better piece, but anything short of that, and Lebron crapped the bed on this one. And as much as I love his game, this gaff will always be attached to him in my eyes. Especially if Wiggins turns out to be Tmac or Kobe.

Wade n Fade
02-19-2015, 04:04 PM
Broussard story, /topic.

numba1CHANGsta
02-19-2015, 04:08 PM
Love to NY book it Melo-Love-Okofer

GiantsSwaGG
02-19-2015, 04:25 PM
Love to NY book it Melo-Love-Okofer

Talk about being the worst defensive team in the league.

No thanks!!!

WITZ
02-19-2015, 04:29 PM
Broussard story, /topic.

Was bout to post this :laugh: . Yup he is leaving just like the media reported Kyrie was leaving first chance he got and Lebron was never coming back to play for the cavs as long as Gilbert owned the team.

JustinTime
02-19-2015, 05:28 PM
Love is apparently considering going back to the Wolves.

Sadds The Gr8
02-19-2015, 05:42 PM
Broussard story, /topic.
This

Jtirado16
02-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Love Gonna go back to the Wolves. OMG I would laugh so hard

JEDean89
02-19-2015, 06:24 PM
if he does leave its to the Lakers or Knicks, but i don't think he does. Pat Riley pulled off a great year, netting a starting PG, SF and C to go along with his 2 max guys. Hassan is gonna be their franchise C, Dragic their franchise PG, now they just need wade and bosh to stay effective. LBJ could have stayed and they could still have gotten both players, so there is now even more pressure on the Cavs, since LBJ decided he had a better shot with Griffin and his own input in CLE than he did with MIA and Riley. Lets see who wins out, it will be close, but I still think its CLE.

Utd7
02-19-2015, 06:52 PM
This kind of reminds me of the Dwight situation in LA. Not many expected him to leave the Lakers especially with the extra year and more money on the table but he did bolt after one season. I do think however this is too early to speculate, if the Cavs go on a deep, substantiative run, that probably sways his decision in Cleveland's favor.

dtmagnet
02-19-2015, 07:41 PM
He seems like a guy who is all about the money. He'll get more money in Cleveland so I can't see him leaving.

slaker619
02-19-2015, 07:51 PM
Could honestly see him on Knicks or Nets

jimm120
02-19-2015, 07:53 PM
This kind of reminds me of the Dwight situation in LA. Not many expected him to leave the Lakers especially with the extra year and more money on the table but he did bolt after one season. I do think however this is too early to speculate, if the Cavs go on a deep, substantiative run, that probably sways his decision in Cleveland's favor.

WHAT?

MOST expected Dwight to leave. Dwight did NOT want to play with Kobe. Hated Dantoni (every player hated him, though).

SportsFanatic10
02-19-2015, 08:03 PM
Broussard story, /topic.

ordinarily i'd say the same thing, but he did break the report of miami offering 2 1st round picks for dragic today. maybe he's suddenly on a roll lol.

Ty22Mitchell
02-19-2015, 08:17 PM
I hope Kevin does what's best for him and his family. However, I will die laughing if the Cavs gave up Wiggins for a one year, non championship, rental of Love.

Utd7
02-19-2015, 09:19 PM
WHAT?

MOST expected Dwight to leave. Dwight did NOT want to play with Kobe. Hated Dantoni (every player hated him, though).

Dwight didn't want to play with Kobe yes, but the expectation from what I Rememeber was that Dwight wasn't going to give up the extra year and money. Plus no one really expected him to leave the Lakers because marquee talent didn't really leave LA on their own terms. It wasn't until the latter stages of that season where it really started to become a legitimate possibility Dwight would leave for Houston.

Cal827
02-19-2015, 09:23 PM

:laugh2: They got KG now, so they pretty much will say **** Love

Confusious
02-20-2015, 12:26 AM
Typical click bait that has already been uttered a thousand times. Ultimately, Love will make a decision. And it doesn't even matter what decision that is until it's time to make it. And that time isn't now, so.

KnicksorBust
02-20-2015, 06:38 AM
Could honestly see him on Knicks or Nets

Why on Earth would he go to the Knicks or Nets? I really cant imagine a player in their prime leaving a situation where your teammates are the best player in the game, a young all-star, and Lebron James. I mean Mozgov alone should be enough.

Chrisclover
02-20-2015, 08:29 AM
You are joking right? He was so disgruntled that he asked for trade. If he comes back, he will be a laughing stock. LeBron is a different story. He is the best player in the world and will be welcomed home. Love didn't enjoy that high appreciation.

Chrisclover
02-20-2015, 08:32 AM
He seems like a guy who is all about the money. He'll get more money in Cleveland so I can't see him leaving.
If he were all about money, he wouldn't have asked for being traded to a contender. A player his age and with similar accolades often aims at winning even though it takes a bit paycut.

Chrisclover
02-20-2015, 08:35 AM
WHAT?

Dantoni..... Lin arrived too late. [emoji15] Together they would thrive.

Heatcheck
02-20-2015, 11:36 AM
if he does leave its to the Lakers or Knicks, but i don't think he does. Pat Riley pulled off a great year, netting a starting PG, SF and C to go along with his 2 max guys. Hassan is gonna be their franchise C, Dragic their franchise PG, now they just need wade and bosh to stay effective. LBJ could have stayed and they could still have gotten both players, so there is now even more pressure on the Cavs, since LBJ decided he had a better shot with Griffin and his own input in CLE than he did with MIA and Riley. Lets see who wins out, it will be close, but I still think its CLE.

I was watching one of the few heat games im awake for the other day, and was thinking how good this team could have been if james stayed, considering they got whiteside for nothing. and considering the whole 2yr contracts because of the cba, we could've signed everyone the same way, maybe a discount here and there(its only 2 yrs). and everything the heat lacked last year (depth and size) is taken care of.

Trwood12
02-20-2015, 03:37 PM
The wolves could have paid him more than any other team. And the Cavs have three players who all demand a lot of cash. What makes you think that he is all about the money?

Chrisclover
02-24-2015, 11:21 AM
I was watching one of the few heat games im awake for the other day, and was thinking how good this team could have been if james stayed, considering they got whiteside for nothing. and considering the whole 2yr contracts because of the cba, we could've signed everyone the same way, maybe a discount here and there(its only 2 yrs). and everything the heat lacked last year (depth and size) is taken care of.
Hindsight is 20/20. Whiteside is a godsend and the acquisition of Dragic is a gamble. In other words, no one had ever predicted the aforementioned things to happen. Riley might have throw some beautiful promises to James but he chose not to be carried over. Bosh is mediocre and Wade is a ticking bomb.

Chrisclover
02-24-2015, 11:23 AM
The wolves could have paid him more than any other team. And the Cavs have three players who all demand a lot of cash. What makes you think that he is all about the money?
Any superstar who clamor for a championship will say he takes a paycut. Melo said the same thing when he accepted like 1million less. Lol.
Let's be real, every athlete plays for money.

Trwood12
02-24-2015, 03:46 PM
Any superstar who clamor for a championship will say he takes a paycut. Melo said the same thing when he accepted like 1million less. Lol.
Let's be real, every athlete plays for money.
Of course they play for money. It's their job. You made it sound like Love was especially greedy when I don't see any evidence to back that up. And now you're turning around and saying it's all athletes.

Yanks All Day
02-25-2015, 12:10 AM
He's currently in the best position to win in his career, playing with the best player in the world, on a team that can pay him the most money, and who is finally figuring out how to best utilize him offensively.

Nice February speculation, but if Love wants to win, he's re-upping as soon as the new CBA take effect.

markm777
02-25-2015, 12:25 AM
Can we please stop with this nonsense.. why would Cleveland trade Wiggins with no guarantee from love he stays.(obviously at least love would of gave his word). that would make no sense for cleveland

gamechanger0908
02-25-2015, 02:59 PM
not any time soon

Big Zo
02-25-2015, 06:25 PM
Can we please stop with this nonsense.. why would Cleveland trade Wiggins with no guarantee from love he stays.(obviously at least love would of gave his word). that would make no sense for cleveland

Because it's what LeBron wanted, and that's who's dick they gotta suck to stay relevant.

Wade n Fade
02-27-2015, 12:00 AM
Love could bolt still. All this "success" cannot change people's mind from their initial plans. I mean LeBron is the guy who said "not one...." and he didn't keep that "promise." A sweep or a short series in the Finals makes Cleveland players angry. LeBron is either going back to Miami, signing with LAC, or going to Houston. Love might just up with the Lakers or a team wanting to commit max money and make him a 2nd option or better.

IKnowHoops
02-27-2015, 06:27 AM
Love could bolt still. All this "success" cannot change people's mind from their initial plans. I mean LeBron is the guy who said "not one...." and he didn't keep that "promise." A sweep or a short series in the Finals makes Cleveland players angry. LeBron is either going back to Miami, signing with LAC, or going to Houston. Love might just up with the Lakers or a team wanting to commit max money and make him a 2nd option or better.

lol, he made that promise?

prodigy
02-27-2015, 06:49 AM
@MikeAndMike: "Almost all of the executives I've talked to believe he's leaving Cleveland after this year." - @Chris_Broussard http://t.co/K92DsKbCnx

honestly as a cavs fan I think Love needs us more then we need him. even more so if cavs win a ship. I def think Cavs would have no problem replacing him.

prodigy
02-27-2015, 06:51 AM

yes lebrons going back to Miami... people should pass an IQ test before posting.

More-Than-Most
02-27-2015, 07:16 AM
why would any player want to leave the best player in the game and likely the GOAT?

KingstonHawke
02-27-2015, 08:19 AM
There's no better situation out there for him than in Cleveland. Let the playoffs unfold. That has a far greater impact on his probability of staying than anything an executive thinks in the middle of February.

That's not true. I could see him fitting in with a few different teams better. The Pistons, the Lakers, and the Knicks just to name a few. And that's not including that trades could be made to clear up cap space.

If I'm him, I'd of told the Pistons (discreetly) to trade all their starters except Drummond, and that I'd sign with them as soon as the year was over. If the Pistons went into full gut and tank mode you could be looking at MCW, Love, and Drummond as their young core. With enough money to sign some three and d types for the wing.

2-ONE-5
02-27-2015, 12:01 PM

lol right

2-ONE-5
02-27-2015, 12:06 PM

ahahaha what the fack?

colinskik
02-27-2015, 02:30 PM

I hope you realize this is far from true. The Cavs are trying to win now and hope that success will keep the players where they are.

I don't know though, for some reason I see Love bolting after this season. He was one of the game's more recognizable players up until this year playing in the small market town of Minny. Now his numbers have gone down and he isn't mentioned as much as one of the game's best. I see Love as a guy who wants the lights and the accolades. I see him going somewhere that will give him that, regardless of team success.

iliketurtles24
02-27-2015, 02:40 PM
The Wolves are lacking a PF right now.... We just had a homecoming, we can certainly do another one.

Bruno
02-27-2015, 04:56 PM

he'd LeBron LeBron. the Wolves would be pretty amazing... haha

Hawkeye15
02-27-2015, 04:58 PM
he'd LeBron LeBron. the Wolves would be pretty amazing... haha

I think KG would give Love the Wally treatment

iliketurtles24
02-27-2015, 05:02 PM
I think KG would give Love the Wally treatment

Wishful thinking hawk... thats all

prodigy
03-01-2015, 06:38 AM
I hope you realize this is far from true. The Cavs are trying to win now and hope that success will keep the players where they are.

I don't know though, for some reason I see Love bolting after this season. He was one of the game's more recognizable players up until this year playing in the small market town of Minny. Now his numbers have gone down and he isn't mentioned as much as one of the game's best. I see Love as a guy who wants the lights and the accolades. I see him going somewhere that will give him that, regardless of team success.

its 100% true. Yes the Cavs want to win now but even LeBron stressed it takes time. I don't believe for a second cavs would make trade without love saying he will resign. Love also said hes not going anywhere in interviews.

But as I said before. If Love keeps playing like this as a Cavs fan id be ok with doing a sign and trade.

prodigy
03-01-2015, 06:41 AM

name one team right not that gets more attention then the Cavs. maybeee golden state ehh. So if love "loves" attention so much then PLAY BETTER!!! lol, no better team to get accolades with, and rings.

jimm120
03-01-2015, 07:26 AM
It's. Ore like love is the new bosh.

Yes, bosh, Lebron, and wade were mentioned as the trio, but the credit went to wade and Lebron mostly.

Love turned into the new bosh. Top 15 player that drops.