PDA

View Full Version : Sessions for Andre Miller

j-bay
02-19-2015, 01:16 PM
@WojYahooNBA
Kings trading Ramon Sessions to Washington for Andre Miller, source tells Yahoo.

kdspurman
02-19-2015, 01:18 PM
haven't seen a lot of washington, but i thought miller was good for them. but i guess they have that vet presence in pierce now

nycericanguy
02-19-2015, 01:25 PM
odd, if i'm a contender I MUCH rather have Miller over Sessions...

KnicksorBust
02-19-2015, 01:25 PM
haven't seen a lot of washington, but i thought miller was good for them. but i guess they have that vet presence in pierce now

Yeah I don't really get this either. If anything I would have thought a team like Washington would want a guy like Andre Miller. He's having a much better season than Sessions and he's more polished for the playoffs. Makes no sense. Sessions also has an extra year at $2... maybe they like that price for a backup?

Ezio
02-19-2015, 01:33 PM
Sounds like they plan on playing Wall ~40 minutes in the playoffs

bleedprple&gold
02-19-2015, 01:33 PM
I'm sure Miller is happy about going from a playoff contender to a bottom dweller. Maybe it was a salary dump for Sac and they buy out Miller?

sixer04fan
02-19-2015, 01:45 PM
This is a solid move for Wash. Gives them a little more juice off the bench which they desperately need. Miller can't guard backup PGs reliably at this point either. I like Miller, but he's been dragging the 2nd unit down

IndyRealist
02-19-2015, 02:02 PM
It's obvious what this is. Karl is bringing in his guys to run his system. The man does not adapt to his personnel.

Blah Blah Blah
02-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Wow. As a Bulls fan, I'm ecstatic that Andre Miller is gone now so he doesn't keep abusing the smaller bulls guards. But I do not understand why Washington would make this move considering imo Miller is more needed on a contender than Sessions. Plus Sessions can't shoot from the perimeter. I just don't get it from Washington's perspective.

bledrules
02-19-2015, 02:30 PM
This season Miller is avg 4 pts 2 rebounds and 3 assists a game
Sessions avg 11 pts 4 rbnds 5 assists
Sessions plays better defense is a lot younger and cheaper

Good trade Wizards

KingPosey
02-19-2015, 02:34 PM
I'm a Kings fan and I've always been a huge andre miller fan. I've always felt he was one of the most under appreciated players of his era.

So I'm pumped but I can't help but feel it's a few years too late. Like when you are in love with a girl all through highschool and she almost mythical at that point. Then you somehow get her when you're like 20 and it's not what it was supposed to be.

HouRealCoach
Andre Miller well be missed come playoff time because he is a huge mismatch

MILLERHIGHLIFE
ESPN mentioned trade doesn't work on trade machine. So not sure if they need a third team now? Thought that was funny.

IndyRealist
02-19-2015, 02:37 PM
This season Miller is avg 4 pts 2 rebounds and 3 assists a game
Sessions avg 11 pts 4 rbnds 5 assists
Sessions plays better defense is a lot younger and cheaper

Good trade Wizards
Never quote per game averages. Miller plays behind a top PG and gets limited minutes spread out over lots of games. Per minute and on shooting %, Miller blows Sessions out of the water.

Sessions is a dismal 44.2% TS while Miller is 57.5% and he doesn't shoot 3s to boost it.

Blah Blah Blah
02-19-2015, 02:41 PM
Andre Miller well be missed come playoff time because he is a huge mismatch

Never quote per game averages. Miller plays behind a top PG and gets limited minutes spread out over lots of games. Per minute and on shooting %, Miller blows Sessions out of the water.

Sessions is a dismal 44.2% TS while Miller is 57.5% and he doesn't shoot 3s to boost it.

agree with both. very confusing move by washington unless more was involved which they haven't mentioned yet.

sixer04fan
02-19-2015, 02:44 PM
Ask any Wizards fan... The Wizards biggest problem is how flat their bench has been. Their depth has been giving them nothing. Sessions can run the floor better and provide a better spark at this point than old man Miller.

billy17
02-19-2015, 05:33 PM
Miller has a home and family in the Sacramento area, lives there in the offseason. He and Karl are obviously close and he's supposedly maintained that he wants to keep playing.

He's instantly the Kings best player at making a post entry pass.

Sessions has had an oddly horrible season and I think all Kings fans are happy to see him go, change of scenery might be just what he needs.

I too am still curious how the trade works though. Both teams are over the cap and Miller makes twice as much as Sessions this year..