PDA

View Full Version : Honestly,single most impressive regular season and playoff games you watched live?

basketfan4life
02-19-2015, 11:21 AM
A player putting on a great performance, individually.

You are in the arena or watching on tv, doesn't matter. It just has to be live.

For me,

Regular season, Kobe with his 81 points eruption.

Playoffs, LeBron against Pistons scoring last 25 points of his team with several game tying shots and the game winner with total of 49 points.

What about you guys?

JAZZNC
02-19-2015, 11:34 AM
Most impressive regular season game I have seen was when the Jazz had the biggest second half comeback in the history of the NBA. I can't even remember who it was against but I was going crazy as it happened. Unbelievable!

Most impressive playoff game was in the Finals when the Bulls just dismantled my Jazz and held them to 50 something points. That was utter domination of a very very good team. I don't recall watching a beatdown like that against a team that good.

valade16
02-19-2015, 11:39 AM
For my team the Blazers the two best I've seen were when hobbled and broken down Brandon Roy had like 22 points in the 4th to beat the Mavs. The other one was LMA scoring like 46 and 43 in back to back games vs the Rockets last season. He could not miss.

Overall, watching Jordan in the 98 Finals vs the Jazz was impressive. Watching Bron drop 25 against the Pistons. Watching Wade against the Mavs in 06. Those are off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.

IndyRealist
02-19-2015, 11:58 AM
Reggie Miller's 25pt fourth quarter staring down Spike Lee the entire time.

mike_noodles
02-19-2015, 12:10 PM
I have three. I was at the Toronto Raptors game the day that Vince dropped 51 on the Suns in what was their first (American) nationally televised game. Another time, the Raps were down to the Celtics by 17 or 18 heading into half time and they came back to win, that was my first time in a box seat. The last one was the time when Lebron was playing like crap and then went off in the 4th and the Cavs came back to win against the Raps. Lebron ended up with 39, 11 and 8 if I remember correctly. I have been lucky with great games. Been to some terrible ones too.

Edit, these are the games that I was at live. Too many actually watched live on TV to list.

KnicksorBust
02-19-2015, 12:20 PM
Regular season: Kobe 81

Just because it won't get mentioned otherwise...
Playoffs: Ray Allen 2009 Game 6 of Celtics vs. Bulls
He dropped 51 points and hit 9 threes in a triple OT 1 point loss.

If you got 8 minutes... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMyrvwC3sVk

houstonfan
02-19-2015, 12:26 PM
For my team the Blazers the two best I've seen were when hobbled and broken down Brandon Roy had like 22 points in the 4th to beat the Mavs. The other one was LMA scoring like 46 and 43 in back to back games vs the Rockets last season. He could not miss.

Overall, watching Jordan in the 98 Finals vs the Jazz was impressive. Watching Bron drop 25 against the Pistons. Watching Wade against the Mavs in 06. Those are off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.

Was at game one of that Blazers-rockets series. What Aldridge did in that game was incredible

LongIslandIcedZ
02-19-2015, 02:18 PM
I like the OP's choices.

Those are mine as well.

Chronz
02-19-2015, 02:29 PM
Thats like asking me to choose a favorite between my kids man.....

The best live game I've attended had to be the first game I ever went to, it sparked a deeper basketball passion than I ever thought possible. The memory has begun to fade (thanks weed!!) but I will never forget the battle between Dream and Nique (he was a Clipper for awhile).

Thats an emotional vote, but really, the best game I've ever seen live was when MJ came to town (Wizards vs Lakers) and Kobe dropped 44 in a half or whatever it was.

valade16
02-19-2015, 02:49 PM
Was at game one of that Blazers-rockets series. What Aldridge did in that game was incredible

You guys actually played great D on him, he just could not miss.

lamzoka
02-19-2015, 02:49 PM

Playoffs: 2009 Bulls vs Celtics. (the whole series)

D-Leethal
02-19-2015, 02:51 PM

Just because it won't get mentioned otherwise...
Playoffs: Ray Allen 2009 Game 6 of Celtics vs. Bulls
He dropped 51 points and hit 9 threes in a triple OT 1 point loss.

If you got 8 minutes... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMyrvwC3sVk

That Bulls-Cs series was one for the ages...

D-Leethal
02-19-2015, 02:53 PM
Random game, but the night Jamal hit 17 straight shots at the Garden (including some of the craziest threes you will ever see and a 4 point play) en route to dropping 52 on prime Wade was pretty sweet.

jerellh528
02-19-2015, 02:57 PM
In only 33 mins of play through 3 qtrs, kobe out scores the eventual eastern confrence champion mav's entire team by himself, 62-61.

KnicksorBust
02-19-2015, 03:33 PM
That Bulls-Cs series was one for the ages...

Agreed.

Random game, but the night Jamal hit 17 straight shots at the Garden (including some of the craziest threes you will ever see and a 4 point play) en route to dropping 52 on prime Wade was pretty sweet.

That's a throwback but dead serious I almost put it too. :laugh: I remember watching it with my girlfriend and loving every minute of it. She even got into it and was cheering along with every shot. Needless to say wifed her up. :)