PDA

View Full Version : Clippers shopping Crawford

Goose17
02-18-2015, 05:05 PM
What do you think he's worth at this point in his career?

http://fansided.com/2015/02/18/nba-trade-rumors-clippers-shopping-jamal-crawford/

nycericanguy
02-18-2015, 05:09 PM
about to turn 35, doesn't play D or do anything other than score, and he's shooting 39% and 32% from 3.

He's not worth anything, Clippers are desperate, they have made a lot of bad moves the past couple of years.

Chronz
02-18-2015, 05:19 PM
:mad: :speechless: :badidea: :ballspinning: :catfight: :drunk:

:faint:

LOL, you're not going to get **** for him Doc. Why even do the damage to his mental psyche ? This is why coaches shouldn't have managerial control, there has to be a divider, someone to play the its us vs them card. You cant tell your player to not worry about what the suits up stairs are conjuring when you are the suit.

As a fan, I would miss J-Crossover, hes done some good regular season things here and for a Clipper, thats high praise. Hes a matchup based scorer who is having a horrible year for his standards. But hes the only hope at a decent bench (thanks for jettisoning Dudley fkin Doc)

NYKnickFanatic
02-18-2015, 05:20 PM
So I guess they would average no bench points?

Chronz
02-18-2015, 05:32 PM
about to turn 35, doesn't play D or do anything other than score, and he's shooting 39% and 32% from 3.

He's not worth anything, Clippers are desperate, they have made a lot of bad moves the past couple of years.

Hes trying harder on D, in fact I'd argue its his best defensive showing ever but yeah hes too frail to be of use there.

Chronz
02-18-2015, 05:33 PM
So I guess they would average no bench points?

Dat depth doe

Goose17
02-18-2015, 05:33 PM
:mad: :speechless: :badidea: :ballspinning: :catfight: :drunk:

:faint:

LOL, you're not going to get **** for him Doc. Why even do the damage to his mental psyche ? This is why coaches shouldn't have managerial control, there has to be a divider, someone to play the its us vs them card. You cant tell your player to not worry about what the suits up stairs are conjuring when you are the suit.

As a fan, I would miss J-Crossover, hes done some good regular season things here and for a Clipper, thats high praise. Hes a matchup based scorer who is having a horrible year for his standards. But hes the only hope at a decent bench (thanks for jettisoning Dudley fkin Doc)

Dudley has really gotten back on form. That decision is looking worse with each game played.

slaker619
02-18-2015, 06:16 PM
Heat, Knicks, Thunder, Pistons, Bucks, Magic all would be blessed to have him

Blink
02-18-2015, 06:27 PM
I'm ok with Detroit picking him up. Not sure what they want tho. He is an old man

Chronz
02-18-2015, 06:28 PM
Heat, Knicks, Thunder, Pistons, Bucks, Magic all would be blessed to have him

If the Heat land him, they vault up 2 tiers.

YAALREADYKNO
02-18-2015, 06:34 PM
the clippers sound desperate

Cracka2HI!
02-18-2015, 06:36 PM
Only rumor on twitter is saying Chandler or Afflalo from Denver. Sounds like BS to me. I don't even think they could make those salaries match since Doc cut Farmar for nothing. Either guy would honestly be an upgrade imo. I don't see why Denver would trade for him either. Maybe a 3 or 4 team trade is in the works. A trade I can see working would be with Phoenix if they move Dragic. They could bring in Crawford to replace him if they still want to go for the 8th seed. Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee have fallen out of the rotation and could provide much more value than Crawford to the Clippers bench. That still seems like too much value for Crawford but Green is expiring and I've read Phoenix doesn't have a role for Miles moving forward.

Chronz
02-18-2015, 06:47 PM
Only rumor on twitter is saying Chandler or Afflalo from Denver. Sounds like BS to me. I don't even think they could make those salaries match since Doc cut Farmar for nothing. Either guy would honestly be an upgrade imo. I don't see why Denver would trade for him either. Maybe a 3 or 4 team trade is in the works. A trade I can see working would be with Phoenix if they move Dragic. They could bring in Crawford to replace him if they still want to go for the 8th seed. Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee have fallen out of the rotation and could provide much more value than Crawford to the Clippers bench. That still seems like too much value for Crawford but Green is expiring and I've read Phoenix doesn't have a role for Miles moving forward.

Crawford has been traded a few times, I dont remember him fetching anything of real value, doubt the much older version of him does. Its definitely too much to expect. Thats the problem with signing vets, they have no upside to other teams in trades. Which is why draft picks are so important. The best combo of salary+production+potential come from rookie scale players. Teams giving them out like candy (as Doc has) is whats going to kill a franchise, at least if guys dont come here for cheap. This is an area where the Lakers have always experienced a boost. Just being in LA isn't enough, the Lakers have differentiated themselves in ways that no franchise ever will . But that magic is fading with every bad move. Should've gotten ANYTHING for Pau/Odom.

That said, I would LOVE to get Green and Miles.

Cracka2HI!
02-18-2015, 06:51 PM
Crawford has been traded a few times, I dont remember him fetching anything of real value, doubt the much older version of him does. Its definitely too much to expect. Thats the problem with signing vets, they have no upside to other teams in trades. Which is why draft picks are so important. The best combo of salary+production+potential come from rookie scale players. Teams giving them out like candy (as Doc has) is whats going to kill a franchise, at least if guys dont come here for cheap. This is an area where the Lakers have always experienced a boost. Just being in LA isn't enough, the Lakers have differentiated themselves in ways that no franchise ever will . But that magic is fading with every bad move. Should've gotten ANYTHING for Pau/Odom.

That said, I would LOVE to get Green and Miles.

I completely agree. My Green/Miles proposal is wishful thinking, but I do think the rational makes sense. Knowing Doc he will trade him to clear some room under hard cap to bring in 3 buyout players the caliber of CDR, Udon and Turk. He'll probably include our 2019 pick to get it done. The really sad thing is, Olshey and VDN were more than able to pull off trades like my Green/Miles proposal. They plucked Nick Young for nothing a few years ago and there were 2 or 3 other moves like that.

smith&wesson
02-18-2015, 07:20 PM
is Doc becoming a problem in clipper land ?

goingfor28
02-18-2015, 07:22 PM
is Doc becoming a problem in clipper land ?
As a GM absolutely

Stunner
02-18-2015, 08:12 PM
Taj / Snell for Crawford / Barnes / Udoh

numba1CHANGsta
02-18-2015, 08:12 PM
the clippers sound desperate

Same goes for the Mavs, Cavs, and Rockets LOL

WVNowitzki
02-18-2015, 08:24 PM
Same goes for the Mavs, Cavs, and Rockets LOL

Acquiring cheap assets = desperate? Boy I'll have what your having there pal.

Bruno
02-18-2015, 08:25 PM
im beginning to think you're right Chronz.

Doc has almost systematically destroyed the Clippers from the inside.

SteveNash
02-18-2015, 08:55 PM
It's clear the Clippers are going nowhere. They should take a hard look at blowing it up, all of there guys are being paid like stars yet they have no legitimate player who has done anything in the playoffs.

TO Rapz
02-18-2015, 09:11 PM
This team had so much potential pre-GM Doc.

Cracka2HI!
02-19-2015, 01:30 AM
im beginning to think you're right Chronz.

Doc has almost systematically destroyed the Clippers from the inside.

He really has. I sure hope it's not intentional LOL. He would have had a hard time making worse moves if he tried. Bledsoe should have easily brought in the wing defender the team needs. Reddick could have been had for Butler alone. Bledsoe didn't have to be in that trade. The Dudley debacle. Those 2 moves alone gutted the team of what little assets they had. Sadly I think the team needs to flop this season and miss the playoffs or get swept in the 1st round for something to happen. It would be hard for me to root for that, but I fear what the future brings with Doc in full control.

BallIsAll
02-19-2015, 02:56 AM
This is definitely a sign the Clippers are desperate, they might be able to get a prospect back from another contender.

kozelkid
02-19-2015, 06:54 AM
Taj / Snell for Crawford / Barnes / Udoh
Gross.