PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Jackson request for Trade, Traded to the Pistons

Stunner
02-18-2015, 02:37 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Yahoo Sources: The agent for Oklahoma City guard Reggie Jackson has requested a trade to Thunder management. http://t.co/gvLmtHbQ8W

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-18-2015, 02:43 PM
Bucks are after him. Either our own first or Henson gets it done. Bayless was also suggested. But not sure if Clippers pick would be packaged. Cant picture Bayless dealt. Kidd lured him to Milwaukee.

2-ONE-5
02-18-2015, 02:53 PM
Bayless and a pick makes sense though. Cant be just a pick bcuz that leaves the Thunder without a key player at guard. Indy should be in on this too

Pierzynski4Prez
02-18-2015, 03:02 PM
Bayless and a pick makes sense though. Cant be just a pick bcuz that leaves the Thunder without a key player at guard. Indy should be in on this too

Hibbert for Jackson?

NYKnickFanatic
02-18-2015, 03:15 PM
Knicks for Calderon

Stunner
02-18-2015, 03:17 PM
Said the nets are a real possibility for him , especially when you factor in OKC wanting Brook.

I see Reggie / Perkins etc for Brook

InRoseWeTrust
02-18-2015, 03:21 PM
Knicks for Calderon

Why would OKC do this? They can get an actual asset of some value back for Reggie.

Goose17
02-18-2015, 03:40 PM
Why would OKC do this? They can get an actual asset of some value back for Reggie.

If they took on Perkins contract maybe. Still doubtful though.

2-ONE-5
02-18-2015, 03:50 PM
Hibbert for Jackson?

eh maybe, thats tough actually bcuz Hibbert could help with paint D in the playoffs and keep Perk on the bench and let Adams be the backup. Send back Hill as a stop gap in case they cant find a replacement for Jackson

numba1CHANGsta
02-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Let me guess, the Rockets are after him too LOL

2-ONE-5
02-18-2015, 03:55 PM

you know the Knicks get whoever they for whatever they want

RiLoc
02-18-2015, 04:05 PM
Hibbert for Jackson?eh maybe, thats tough actually bcuz Hibbert could help with paint D in the playoffs and keep Perk on the bench and let Adams be the backup. Send back Hill as a stop gap in case they cant find a replacement for JacksonDon't trust Ish Smith, eh? hehe

To trade for Hibbert (14.9m), the Thunder would need to send Jackson (2.2m) and Perkins (9.7m). Since George Hill has a salary of 8m, it'd be difficult to make that work. The Thunder would need to send Ibaka (12.4m) or a slew of players such as Morrow (3.2m), Collison (2.2m), and Lamb (2.2m). Just seems unlikely that would work out.

If the Thunder insist on getting a PG in return, then the Thunder could get Sloan without adding anyone -or- get Watson by adding Morrow, Collison, Lamb or Adams.

KnicksorBust
02-18-2015, 04:07 PM
Jackson is so overrated. All the overrated players looking to get paid. Cant blame them

JasonJohnHorn
02-18-2015, 04:07 PM
I think it is time for Scott Brooks to just say phuq it, move Westy to shooting guard (ala Wade) and start Jackson at point guard. Let them share ball-handling duties with KD, and see how that works.

The Heat had Wade at point guard his first couple of seasons, then moved him to shooting guard. The two guys are different players, but they share a lot of similarities. They can both cut and drive, like to handle the ball, but can play off the ball (though Wade does that a litttle better).

Let Jackson try to drive and make defenses respond to him while KD and Westy get open looks or draw defenders away. These three should be on the court to start the game every night.

It's not worth letting Jackson go to try giving Waiters a chance. Waiters needs to be moved ASAP, for a first if they can get one.

If they lose Jackson, there won't be anything left to this team other than KD, Westy and Ibaka. They go from having Westy, Jackson, Harden, Sefolosha, KD Ibaka, Collison and Perkins, to KD Westy and Ibaka... this team is NOT going to be winning anything if they keep letting all that talent walk out the door.

Stunner
02-18-2015, 04:13 PM
@MySportsLegion: Teams interested in Reggie Jackson (so far): Celtics, Rockets, Pacers, Nuggets, Bucks and Nets..

Blitzace137
02-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Glad Knicks aren't interested, good player but not worth what he'll get in the off-season. Jackson is a rich mans Darren Collison.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-18-2015, 04:21 PM
@MySportsLegion: Teams interested in Reggie Jackson (so far): Celtics, Rockets, Pacers, Nuggets, Bucks and Nets..

Still shocked Bucks going after Jackson when he's the poor man's version of Knight.

smith&wesson
02-18-2015, 04:35 PM
Jackson and Dragic should both go to the kings

dragic,collison, jackson, gay, cousins, and co. wouldnt be a bad look for them.

Stunner
02-18-2015, 04:43 PM
Glad Knicks aren't interested, good player but not worth what he'll get in the off-season. Jackson is a rich mans Darren Collison.

He'll get cheaper than Dragic so he'll be worth it not to mention the salary cap increase

SPURSFAN1
02-18-2015, 04:48 PM
I think it is time for Scott Brooks to just say phuq it, move Westy to shooting guard (ala Wade) and start Jackson at point guard. Let them share ball-handling duties with KD, and see how that works.

The Heat had Wade at point guard his first couple of seasons, then moved him to shooting guard. The two guys are different players, but they share a lot of similarities. They can both cut and drive, like to handle the ball, but can play off the ball (though Wade does that a litttle better).

Let Jackson try to drive and make defenses respond to him while KD and Westy get open looks or draw defenders away. These three should be on the court to start the game every night.

It's not worth letting Jackson go to try giving Waiters a chance. Waiters needs to be moved ASAP, for a first if they can get one.

If they lose Jackson, there won't be anything left to this team other than KD, Westy and Ibaka. They go from having Westy, Jackson, Harden, Sefolosha, KD Ibaka, Collison and Perkins, to KD Westy and Ibaka... this team is NOT going to be winning anything if they keep letting all that talent walk out the door.

Not enough defense.

Blitzace137
02-18-2015, 05:12 PM
He'll get cheaper than Dragic so he'll be worth it not to mention the salary cap increase

Yes less than Dragic but I could see 13-15 million, I mean how much better than Collison is Jackson?

Stunner
02-18-2015, 05:23 PM
Yes less than Dragic but I could see 13-15 million, I mean how much better than Collison is Jackson?

Reggie Jackson is going to be 25 , Collison is 28 in a few months

IndyRealist
02-18-2015, 05:26 PM
eh maybe, thats tough actually bcuz Hibbert could help with paint D in the playoffs and keep Perk on the bench and let Adams be the backup. Send back Hill as a stop gap in case they cant find a replacement for Jackson

Zero chance George Hill gets traded for another guard. He's been carrying us since he came back from injury. At $8M/yr, he's probably the biggest bargain not on a rookie deal or a max contract.

DRose7
02-18-2015, 05:28 PM
Thought this boy was still in jail for catching a body about a week ago..

Deception
02-18-2015, 05:31 PM
Jackson is so overrated. All the overrated players looking to get paid. Cant blame them

To be fair people were calling Harden overrated when he was in this same situation years ago. Same with Bledsoe when he was on the Clippers but I agree to an extent, I don't think Jackson is going to be worth his contract but he can easily prove me wrong next season.

IndyRealist
02-18-2015, 05:34 PM
To be fair people were calling Harden overrated when he was in this same situation years ago. Same with Bledsoe when he was on the Clippers but I agree to an extent, I don't think Jackson is going to be worth his contract but he can easily prove me wrong next season.

The difference is that Harden was putting up all-nba type performances when he was called overrated, Reggie Jackson is merely "good" not great.

Goose17
02-18-2015, 05:35 PM

Collison is a much better player.

SPURSFAN1
02-18-2015, 05:37 PM
Jackson is an average nba player that can score but doesn't have a great impact on the team. Proceed with caution.

beasted86
02-18-2015, 05:51 PM

Wade is taller without shoes and has a longer wingspan, and has a significant amount more bulk. It's why at 6'4 he still posts up taller SGs. Westbrook is a good defender but not for full time SG.

I don't think it works offensively either since Jackson is not a real PG and looks for his shot before passing.

GiantsSwaGG
02-18-2015, 06:02 PM
Jackson is so overrated, waiting for the first team to give up an asset and draft picks for him

GiantsSwaGG
02-18-2015, 06:05 PM

Collison is better thou. Any team that pays him 15+ mill is stupid.

Stunner
02-18-2015, 06:06 PM
@MySportsLegion: Reggie Jackson reportedly turned down a 4 year, $48 million extension from Oklahoma City. (via @sam_amick)

GiantsSwaGG
02-18-2015, 06:07 PM
@MySportsLegion: Reggie Jackson reportedly turned down a 4 year, $48 million extension from Oklahoma City. (via @sam_amick)

Exactly, glad the Knicks aren't interested because that pretty much his worth

Silent
02-18-2015, 06:10 PM
Bucks are after him. Either our own first or Henson gets it done. Bayless was also suggested. But not sure if Clippers pick would be packaged. Cant picture Bayless dealt. Kidd lured him to Milwaukee.

U would give up Henson?

KnicksorBust
02-18-2015, 06:42 PM

Not me. I called Harden underrated and said he was a future star. This is not even close to the same thing.

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2015, 06:46 PM
Jackson can score, has upside but meh he's ganna want 13-15 mill a year

BoSox47
02-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Celtics should jump on this

Cal827
02-18-2015, 07:09 PM
:laugh:

He turned down 4/48?!

Jesus, what the hell is it with that draft class?

First we hear Thompson turn down 4/52, now this.

What exactly is Kanter and company looking for in FA?!

If anyone is deserving of that money, it's probably the last pick in the first round of that draft in Butler.

.... I'm a little scare to see what JV is gonna want when he becomes a FA next year, just before the cap jump, cause I think it's pretty much a guarantee that nobody eligible for FA is going to resign until the cap increase hits.

SPURSFAN1
02-18-2015, 07:11 PM
:laugh:

He turned down 4/48?!

Jesus, what the hell is it with that draft class?

First we hear Thompson turn down 4/52, now this.

What exactly is Kanter and company looking for in FA?!

If anyone is deserving of that money, it's probably the last pick in the first round of that draft in Butler.

.... I'm a little scare to see what JV is gonna want when he becomes a FA next year, just before the cap jump, cause I think it's pretty much a guarantee that nobody eligible for FA is going to resign until the cap increase hits.

Kawhi is getting the max.

Cal827
02-18-2015, 07:22 PM
Kawhi is getting the max.

My mistake, I forgot that he was there too. I need to stop thinking that everyone on SA is a old, hardened veteran :laugh2:

SPURSFAN1
02-18-2015, 07:41 PM
My mistake, I forgot that he was there too. I need to stop thinking that everyone on SA is a old, hardened veteran :laugh2:

:cheers:

beasted86
02-18-2015, 08:46 PM
I have no problem with Jackson requesting the max when you have idiot GMs willing to pay guys like Alec Burks 4/42, and Ricky Rubio 4/55. He's better than both easily. That's from a player/agent perspective.

Now, from a fan/GM perspective, no way do I want to pay him that money. I don't think he really generates wins, and isn't a top 12 PG in the league. But the market for him will present itself soon enough.

Stunner
02-18-2015, 08:49 PM
I'll take Burks >> Jackson > Rubio

GiantsSwaGG
02-18-2015, 08:51 PM
I have no problem with Jackson requesting the max when you have idiot GMs willing to pay guys like Alec Burks 4/42, and Ricky Rubio 4/55. He's better than both easily. That's from a player/agent perspective.

Now, from a fan/GM perspective, no way do I want to pay him that money. I don't think he really generates wins, and isn't a top 12 PG in the league. But the market for him will present itself soon enough.

I'll take Burks over Jackson any day

IversonIsKrazy
02-18-2015, 09:17 PM
Jackson can still be a sick player imo. Honestly, OKC is stacked, if that team was properly coached, that team clearly has enough to win it.
If Jackson is traded, I think Nets would have the best package around Lopez

FraziersKnicks
02-18-2015, 09:24 PM
If he comes to the Knicks I don't wanna sign him for any more than $10-12m per... Maybe he turned down that 4 year, $48m deal not because of the money but because he would be stuck behind Westbrook for the foreseeable future?

He's made no secret of the fact he thinks he's a starting caliber PG in this league.

I would happily welcome him on a 4 year, $45m deal and the promise of being a starting PG in the biggest market in the NBA.

beasted86
02-18-2015, 09:24 PM
Both of you would be taking the worse player as of right now.

Burks has comparable stats to Jackson playing as a starter rather than a backup, and isn't sharing the ball with two dominant scorers. Burks has a higher ceiling, but that doesn't mean anything to me. I think Jackson will settle into decent Jeff Teague type numbers if he becomes the starter on another team.

tp13baby
02-18-2015, 10:32 PM
I think it come down to the nuggets and nets. Both have pieces to offer.

PurpleLynch
02-19-2015, 08:26 AM
Jackson was stupid. He should have accepted the contract OKC offered him and let his value growing while playing with two of the best players in the league.

GiantsSwaGG
02-19-2015, 10:52 AM
Jackson was stupid. He should have accepted the contract OKC offered him and let his value growing while playing with two of the best players in the league.

How is he stupid? A team might actually overpay him

kdspurman
02-19-2015, 11:28 AM

KnicksorBust
02-19-2015, 12:15 PM
Jackson can still be a sick player imo. Honestly, OKC is stacked, if that team was properly coached, that team clearly has enough to win it.
If Jackson is traded, I think Nets would have the best package around Lopez

I don't know exactly how you define "sick player" but no. He's best suited for the role he is in now and you don't pay big bucks for that.

mgomrjsurf
02-19-2015, 12:21 PM
Then the Nets would send Perkins for Young. Jarret Jack would have to be in Deal to. Would mean Williams would get Trade to.
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/02/reggie-jackson-thunder.html

Stunner
02-19-2015, 01:04 PM
@royceyoung: Reggie Jackson's relationship with his teammates has deteriorated severely. If he doesn't get moved, the damage might not be repairable.

GiantsSwaGG
02-19-2015, 01:10 PM
A guy who's overrated, from reports sounds like a lockerroom cancer and the nets not only want to pay him 14 mill a year but build the team around him and make him the cornerstone

:laugh: I hope he's a net today

Stunner
02-19-2015, 01:15 PM
@AlexKennedyNBA: #shotsfired RT @DarnellMayberry Westbrook on deadline in OKC: "Normal. Ain't too many people talking about getting traded but one person."

Stunner
02-19-2015, 01:48 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Oklahoma City and Brooklyn are close to completing a trade centered on Brook Lopez and Reggie Jackson, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Dade County
02-19-2015, 01:56 PM
David Aldridge @daldridgetnt
Nets waiting on OKC to finalize Jackson-Lopez deal.
Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz3SDKEqedK

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2015, 03:06 PM
What's the hold up with Nets and Thunder? Knicks or Bucks still calling Thunder?

Stunner
02-19-2015, 03:15 PM
What's the hold up with Nets and Thunder? Knicks or Bucks still calling Thunder?

Doubt it , OKC probing another deal before accepting

mgomrjsurf
02-19-2015, 03:31 PM
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/02/thunder-discuss-kanter.html
Pistions but they are not going to give up Monroe.

Deception
02-19-2015, 03:40 PM
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/02/thunder-discuss-kanter.html
Pistions but they are not going to give up Monroe.

Monroe can deny any trade and he would lose his bird rights if he gets traded.

KnicksorBust
02-19-2015, 03:44 PM
Monroe for Jackson is a great trade. Makes OKC even more dangerous in the playoffs.

Stunner
02-19-2015, 03:47 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Oklahoma City has traded Reggie Jackson to Detroit, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Deception
02-19-2015, 03:49 PM
Reggie Jackson to Detroit

KnicksorBust
02-19-2015, 03:50 PM
Detroit just keeps making bad decisions.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2015, 03:52 PM
What they deal

Jamiecballer
02-19-2015, 03:53 PM
be careful what you wish for Reggie my man, they just might send you to detroit.

DillyDill
02-19-2015, 03:54 PM
Reggie is SVG offense should be deadly

kdspurman
02-19-2015, 03:55 PM
who did detroit give up? haven't seen yet

Deception
02-19-2015, 03:56 PM
DJ Augustine it seems like, I loved DJ though, but I'm not complaining at all.

Greg.
Kanter to OKC in this deal. Perkins to Utah. No clue on the Detroit side

Howard_Zinn
Detroit just keeps making bad decisions.

Ok bud.. haha

This is a great move.

kdspurman
02-19-2015, 03:57 PM
ah nm

Deception
02-19-2015, 03:57 PM
I lied..

Howard_Zinn
02-19-2015, 04:00 PM
hahahahahahaha..what?? We had to give up more than Singler..

KnicksorBust
02-19-2015, 04:02 PM
Ok bud.. haha

This is a great move.

How is it possibly a great move? Do you actually think Jackson makes you a credible playoff team this season? And this offseason he's about to get massively overpaid in FA.

Deception
02-19-2015, 04:06 PM
How is it possibly a great move? Do you actually think Jackson makes you a credible playoff team this season? And this offseason he's about to get massively overpaid in FA.

One, we traded him for a player who is a spot up shooter, nothing else, who we wanted gone. If it's Kyle Singler for Reggie Jackson, you're high if you think that's not a good deal. He gets to experiment in a SVG offense and we can decide whether he's worth the money.

Howard_Zinn
02-19-2015, 04:07 PM

We don't even know what he is yet... Also if you knew anything "Massively overpaid" doesn't mean **** in 2 years..

You'll be eating crow watching him with Drummond, Monroe, and KCP

numba1CHANGsta
02-19-2015, 04:07 PM
I bet Rockets fans are pissed right now hahaha they desperately wanted either Dragic or Jackson and didn't get both haha classic

Jamiecballer
02-19-2015, 04:08 PM
Reggie should have been more specific in his request.

ps. just having a little fun with the thread title btw. no offense detroit.

Deception
02-19-2015, 04:09 PM
Woj is reporting it's DJ and Singler for Reggie, which hurts, but it'll be nice to see Reggie Jackson starting and running the offense

sens#11fan
02-19-2015, 04:12 PM
Damn, OKC gets Kanter, Novak, Augistine and Singler.

sens#11fan
02-19-2015, 04:13 PM
Dj Augustine is average 20 ppg and 8 apg over the last 10 game, its a small sample size but thats similar to the numbers Rj was putting up with westbrook.

teddygreen17
02-19-2015, 04:32 PM
How the league just let OKC get better. I dont get it.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2015, 04:35 PM
Dj is as good as Reggie right now imo
Anyone know what the Jazz got?
Not a bad deal for Pistons by any means

matnautico
02-19-2015, 04:42 PM
Did Utah trade Kanter and Novak for Perkins only? WTF? They just ****ed the Nets by bending over for OKC.

JWO35
02-19-2015, 04:58 PM
As a Piston fan I like it. Jackson will replace Augustin(who was playing pretty good), but Jackson has more potential. Singler was an expiring contract who most likely wouldn't return or would have been demoted to the bench.

KnicksorBust
02-20-2015, 06:35 AM

We don't even know what he is yet... Also if you knew anything "Massively overpaid" doesn't mean **** in 2 years..

You'll be eating crow watching him with Drummond, Monroe, and KCP

#1) He has been in the league for 4 years and been essentially the same player who just saw an increase in volume the last two. He can drive to the basket but he is not a perimeter threat and he is an average play-maker at best.

#2) If you have to use the salary cap from 2 years to justify him not being overpaid, isnt that a bad sign?

#3) Are you sure you are still going to have Monroe?

#4) I know you are not seriously bragging about KCP and his 39.6% FG % for the 2nd straight season. He is your core of building a contender that is going to make me "eat crow"?

Goose17
02-20-2015, 07:32 AM
I'm intrigued to see how they'll make Jennings/Jackson work next season.

Deception
02-20-2015, 09:29 AM
I'm intrigued to see how they'll make Jennings/Jackson work next season.

I don't think it will, if the Jackson situation works out then Jennings could be traded when he comes back from injury. I think Stan is going to commit to one or the other

Blink
02-20-2015, 10:16 AM
Why do people hate on KCP?

Lol he just turned 22 years old.

Blink
02-20-2015, 10:17 AM
If Jennings doesn't workout just send him to the Knicks. Heard they need a PG.

cheetos185
02-20-2015, 02:33 PM
If Jennings doesn't workout just send him to the Knicks. Heard they need a PG.
No thanks we might steal Monroe from you guys though lol.

JWO35
02-20-2015, 05:41 PM
I don't think it will, if the Jackson situation works out then Jennings could be traded when he comes back from injury. I think Stan is going to commit to one or the other

Sad but true....probably the biggest fan of Jennings :laugh2:
All signs IMO points to Jennings being reduced to 6th man and most likely being traded before next year's deadline.

Stunner
02-20-2015, 06:27 PM
@SLAMonline: Report: Reggie Jackson Sat Out a Game Because the Thunder Hadnít Traded Him http://t.co/SxJYTRcW9V http://t.co/vCeKvqVexk

SteveNash
02-20-2015, 07:42 PM
Reggie Jackson is awful, hopefully he tanks the rest of the year and gets at least a manageable contract.

Why do people hate on KCP?

Lol he just turned 22 years old.

Because Khris Middleton is so much better.

GiantsSwaGG
02-20-2015, 07:47 PM
Augustine is better than Jackson and I'm interested to see how Jackson fits Gundy's system since he can't shoot worth a damn