PDA

View Full Version : Trade Thread 2014-15 season - deadline edition

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

spreadeagle
02-16-2015, 03:33 PM
Masai Ujiri talked at length with me in late December about how hard it was just deciding whether the Raptors, as a strong team in a weak conference, are true title contenders or something more ambiguous, a notch or two below the elite. He vowed that he would not do any trade that sacrificed even a small piece of the future for a one-season upgrade.

The Raps blazed into the All-Star break, but their defense is shaky and they have two expendable expiring contracts in Landry Fields and Chuck Hayes. Those guys alone won’t get you anything, but the Raps have a couple of future assets that have declined enough in value that Ujiri might include them in the right deal: their own first-round pick and Terrence Ross. (The same doesn’t apply to the 2016 Knicks first-rounder Toronto owns thanks to the ridiculous Andrea Bargnani heist.) Their own pick is a lock to fall in the mid-20s, and though this front office could absolutely nail a pick that low, the odds are always against it.

Ross has been coming off the bench since mid-January, and though he can shoot, the rest of his game has stagnated — especially his defense. The Raps are listening to incoming offers on Ross, per several league sources, and a couple of power forwards on borderline playoff teams stand out as intriguing targets: David West and Kevin Garnett. http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-trade-deadline-primer-2015-denver-nuggets-ty-lawson-kenneth-faried/

North Yorker
02-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Don't think I would give up Ross for someone like West or Garnett. We'd need to replace his outside shooting.

Something like Ross + Hayes+ Fields+ Hansbrough+ Stiemsma to Brooklyn for Joe Johnson (expires next season).
Sign Sanders and get another vet FA to fill out the bench.

Brazilians will actually dress on gamedays (woooo) and maybe even practice with the team. We'll most likely only have our exceptions to use this summer anyways unless we renounce our key FAs, so don't really care about the lack of cap flexibility this offseason if this deal happened.

Lowry/Vasquez
DeRozan/Lou
Joe J/ James J/ Bruno
Amir/Patterson/vet FA
Valanciunas/Sanders/Nogueira

JustinTime
02-16-2015, 04:19 PM
Why did my comment get deleted I was serious Jonas is being offered go look around. It is on topic too because the rumour is that it could be a package deal for a star.

http://probballreport.com/sources-raptors-ross-and-valanciunas-are-available/

spreadeagle
02-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Why did my comment get deleted I was serious Jonas is being offered go look around. It is on topic too because the rumour is that it could be a package deal for a star.

http://probballreport.com/sources-raptors-ross-and-valanciunas-are-available/
wow, could be an interesting few days ahead

JustinTime
02-16-2015, 04:39 PM
wow, could be an interesting few days ahead

Since this is the only star available I hope this goes down. We'd probably have to take back Thompson and give up a 1st on top but it'd be worth it for Cousins.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kalle6q

GodsSon
02-16-2015, 04:40 PM
I've seen Kanter for Ross floated around as well.

West’s option could eat into Toronto’s cap room, though it won’t have any if it brings back both Amir Johnson and Lou Williams.5 It’s tempting to suggest a Utah-Toronto deal revolving around Ross and the ornery Enes Kanter, a swap that could in theory balance out both rosters in the right places. But Kanter’s representatives are a little nuts, and there aren’t many teams stoked to pay his next contract.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-trade-deadline-primer-2015-denver-nuggets-ty-lawson-kenneth-faried/

Freakazoid
02-16-2015, 04:43 PM
Would be surprised if there's a major trade tbh.

GodsSon
02-16-2015, 04:44 PM
4. Toronto Raptors (Record: 36-17; last week: 6): Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri has long been infatuated with power forward David West, but it’s hard to see Indiana dealing him with Paul George trying to return.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-power-rankings--plenty-of-teams-could-make-moves-184115993.html

Raps08-09 Champ
02-16-2015, 04:47 PM
We'd need to get a shooter back too since I would only trust Lowry to hit the 3 properly out of all the guards/wings.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-16-2015, 04:50 PM
He vowed that he would not do any trade that sacrificed even a small piece of the future for a one-season upgrade.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-trade-deadline-primer-2015-denver-nuggets-ty-lawson-kenneth-faried/

So if that's the case, no West/Garnett but I can see Faried.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-16-2015, 04:52 PM
I would trade Valanciunas for a star. Who wouldn't?

GodsSon
02-16-2015, 05:15 PM

So if that's the case, no West/Garnett but I can see Faried.

Depends on the price.

Fields/Hayes/1st/2nd for West + CJ Miles

BHF
02-16-2015, 05:21 PM
I would trade Valanciunas for a star. Who wouldn't?

Kobe is a star, but yeah the question is who would trade a star for Jonas?

GodsSon
02-16-2015, 05:22 PM

You don't think JV + Ross + picks (ours and NYK) + expirings can land you a star?

Raps08-09 Champ
02-16-2015, 05:27 PM

That's if someone actually considers Kobe a star.

aman_13
02-16-2015, 05:28 PM
I doubt Val is available.

Ajaywilson5
02-16-2015, 05:56 PM
id do ross JV and draft picks for boogie cousins easily i dont know if cousins is avaiable but i know he didnt want george karl to become the new head coach there

SA5195
02-16-2015, 06:00 PM
Wouldn't trade Ross for West or KG, both too old. I don't know about Kanter. Not the best defensive player. Faried would be a nice pickup if we could get him somehow.

And it's obvious if we were to get a star, basically anyone in the team would be made available.

Freakazoid
02-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Don't really understand trading for West since he doesn't fit Casey's schemes but I wish Karl/Pete gifts Masai Cousins.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-16-2015, 06:09 PM
Don't really understand trading for West since he doesn't fit Casey's schemes but I wish Karl/Pete gifts Masai Cousins.

I doubt they would trade Cousins without getting an actual star back.

SA5195
02-16-2015, 06:11 PM
I'd think SAC would actually want to keep Cousins. It would be dumb giving up a player like him.

aman_13
02-16-2015, 06:14 PM
Word on Kanter is that he does not pass.

LanceUpperCut
02-16-2015, 06:17 PM
I'd love to get Cousins but I do think he's kind of overrated. He has had some decent players with him and has never lead his team to anything more then complete mediocrity. Talent wise I'd say he's the best C in the game but I think there's just something about him whether it's attitude or lack of leadership or just not a big enough drive to make his team the best, there's just part of me that doesn't think he will ever be on a championship type squad.

Freakazoid
02-16-2015, 06:17 PM
I doubt they would trade Cousins without getting an actual star back.

Yeah I doubt it too, I think the only reason why Cousins is thrown into trade rumors is cause of all the recent comments but what kind of "star" is available atm?

LanceUpperCut
02-16-2015, 06:18 PM
Word on Kanter is that he does not pass.

Or play defense. He to me would be a lot like Monroe just not as good.

mike_noodles
02-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Too bad they signed George Karl, now they're gonna give it a shot with Cousins for at least another year I suspect. It will be interesting to see if we actually make a run at a star when one becomes available.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-16-2015, 06:47 PM
Yeah I doubt it too, I think the only reason why Cousins is thrown into trade rumors is cause of all the recent comments but what kind of "star" is available atm?

Not a lot of stars ATM if any (I can see someone like Westbrook or Love being traded next year though if some stars need a change of scenery), which is why I can't see him traded. Unless we are talking about getting back a top prospect who'll most likely become a star.

BHF
02-16-2015, 07:18 PM
You don't think JV + Ross + picks (ours and NYK) + expirings can land you a star?

Sure it would but not JV alone. If that was the case who is available to trade for?

pulzar
02-16-2015, 07:22 PM

A star would have to be available first. That package is not going to entice anybody to trade away a star that is doing well on their team. But if they are trying to get rid of one.. then, yeah.

Freakazoid
02-16-2015, 08:14 PM
I wonder what they mean when they say "star" because in the past they've (any type of media, not just grantland) played pretty loose with these terms for views.

mike_noodles
02-16-2015, 09:25 PM
I wonder what they mean when they say "star" because in the past they've (any type of media, not just grantland) played pretty loose with these terms for views.

I believe it was stated that David West did not fit that term from the Raps perspective. I think if they're after West, it's for a couple of expirings and a pair of 2nds.

aman_13
02-16-2015, 09:46 PM
Casey feels that the Raps play too fast for playoff basketball. Perhaps that is why they have interest in West who would really slow the offense down. My concern is that they will turn into the Pacers.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-16-2015, 09:49 PM
If we get a star, it essentially has to be a PF. I do not want a star wing player who demands the ball. Not a lot of star PFs out there, and I hope Masai doesn't sacrifice the future for "stars" like Faried.

smith&wesson
02-16-2015, 09:54 PM
Masai is not the type of impatient gm to move both ross and jv. he might move ross. I don't see him moving both. if he does, he will regret it.

smith&wesson
02-16-2015, 09:56 PM
If we get a star, it essentially has to be a PF. I do not want a star wing player who demands the ball. Not a lot of star PFs out there, and I hope Masai doesn't sacrifice the future for "stars" like Faried.

+1

I think Faried would be a cancer to our team chemistry. Wouldn't even give up ross for him straight up.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-16-2015, 09:58 PM
The only "star" I can see moved is Al Jefferson since he's an expiring this year.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-16-2015, 10:00 PM
+1

I think Faried would be a cancer to our team chemistry. Wouldn't even give up ross for him straight up.

I don't mind Faried but I just don't want him overpaying the future for it. If we can get him for one of a pick (or Ross) and a few expiring, I'd do it. I just don't wanna see like Ross AND a pick for Faried or something like that.

mike_noodles
02-16-2015, 10:18 PM

I don't think he means Faried either. And I agree with your other point, unless of course we're somehow talking about Klay, Jimmy, KD, etc. In which case I would try to make it Derozan as part of the outgoing package and essentially upgrade him.

smith&wesson
02-16-2015, 10:28 PM
I don't mind Faried but I just don't want him overpaying the future for it. If we can get him for one of a pick (or Ross) and a few expiring, I'd do it. I just don't wanna see like Ross AND a pick for Faried or something like that.

Its not that he isn't worth the asking price. I just think he might disrupt locker room chem.

smith&wesson
02-16-2015, 10:30 PM
Casey feels that the Raps play too fast for playoff basketball. Perhaps that is why they have interest in West who would really slow the offense down. My concern is that they will turn into the Pacers.

the pacers would be pretty dam good if they had Lowry, Derozan, JV, Patterson, etc. lol don't you think ?

GodsSon
02-16-2015, 10:36 PM
Whatever happens, it's going to be an interesting 48+ hours.

Here's hoping Ujiri is able to snag West away for a decent package.

dtmagnet
02-16-2015, 10:37 PM
I wonder if the Heat would move Bosh for Ross and Val.

aman_13
02-16-2015, 10:41 PM
the pacers would be pretty dam good if they had Lowry, Derozan, JV, Patterson, etc. lol don't you think ?

My concern is with the style of play. I feel like the Raps will turn into an isolation basketball team which is what the Pacers are when they are fully healthy.

Amare signs with the Mavs.

Sanyo
02-16-2015, 10:42 PM
I wonder if the Heat would move Bosh for Ross and Val.

I doubt it... plus Wade would be pissed!!

Sanyo
02-16-2015, 10:44 PM
I would love Al Jefferson on this team... Charlotte might give him up but they have 7th spot and may just keep him for the run... at this point they are too good to get any kind of lottery pick, so might as well see if you can pull an upset...

Sanyo
02-16-2015, 10:45 PM
Im not sure what star you can get back for Val/Ross -- any thoughts?

killersweet
02-16-2015, 10:45 PM
I honestly don't see a big trade. Pacers are probably going to ask a lot for west. KG is a decent option, if the price is right.

mike_noodles
02-16-2015, 11:26 PM

If you throw in some picks, I think it's enough to land a disgruntled top 15ish player.

ink
02-16-2015, 11:44 PM
Doesn't mesh with what MU is on record as saying.

smith&wesson
02-16-2015, 11:50 PM

I would target k. leonard

Miltstar
02-16-2015, 11:51 PM
trading Val would be a horrible idea... Ross depends on the return

JustinTime
02-17-2015, 12:02 AM
trading Val would be a horrible idea... Ross depends on the return

Considering you don't even know who we'd be trading him for I don't know how you can be so sure it's a bad idea.

JustinTime
02-17-2015, 12:05 AM
Maybe this deal is for Paul George and West. Ross is being rumoured in a potential West trade and then there are reports that both could be packaged for a star so it'd make sense if the target was George.

BHF
02-17-2015, 12:05 AM
I want us to go after a backup center a shot blocker.

JustinTime
02-17-2015, 12:09 AM
There's my blockbuster Indiana deal with a first or two. Only problem is we'd have no C but be stacked everywhere else. I guess we could pick up Dalembert and Saunder.

PG Lowry/ Vazquez
SG Derozan/ Williams
SF George/ J Johnson Rudez/ Coboclo
PF West/ Patterson/ Hansbrough/Whittington
C Saunders/ Dalembert/ Steisma/ Nogueira

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k9kr4hl

Miltstar
02-17-2015, 12:11 AM
Considering you don't even know who we'd be trading him for I don't know how you can be so sure it's a bad idea.

There's not a player about there available that could replace him. Not easy finding true 5's even if it was for a guy like Boogie I wouldn't be interested in the baggage he brings with him

JustinTime
02-17-2015, 12:21 AM
There's not a player about there available that could replace him. Not easy finding true 5's even if it was for a guy like Boogie I wouldn't be interested in the baggage he brings with him

Lowry and Josh Johnson had problems with other teams too and now they're two of our top guys. I think Toronto has a culture that can turn bad apples around so i'd definitely do a Cousins trade.

smith&wesson
02-17-2015, 12:48 AM
Lowry and Josh Johnson had problems with other teams too and now they're two of our top guys. I think Toronto has a culture that can turn bad apples around so i'd definitely do a Cousins trade.

james

DubbyDubbs
02-17-2015, 01:06 AM
I would give JV and Ross (and even a 1st with it considering it would be late) for Demarcus without hesitation and I love JV. He's an elite talent with the hunger to win which can bring out a seemingly immature side, but it comes with the right intent.

deaner
02-17-2015, 01:10 AM
I would think the star would be wiggins... Possibly boogie.

Ajaywilson5
02-17-2015, 03:09 AM
apparently the celtics plan to go after ty lawson and boogie cousins how would you guys feel if celtics land both players?

Sly Guy
02-17-2015, 05:08 AM
Would be surprised if there's a major trade tbh.

me too, I don't see any big moves before the deadline myself

mike_noodles
02-17-2015, 09:38 AM
Doesn't mesh with what MU is on record as saying.

Maybe this deal is for Paul George and West. Ross is being rumoured in a potential West trade and then there are reports that both could be packaged for a star so it'd make sense if the target was George.

I think the first article was poorly written and mashed everything together. This is my understanding...

They'll listen on Ross, but it has to be a great deal for him.

They have considered trying to package Ross and Val to get a "star".

Completely unrelated to the first two, they have tried to acquire West. I don't think Ross or Val would be part of this deal. Prospects, expirings and picks would be for West.

mike_noodles
02-17-2015, 09:41 AM
apparently the celtics plan to go after ty lawson and boogie cousins how would you guys feel if celtics land both players?

I'd be pissed. I don't see why they would go after Lawson though when they just drafted Smart. Do they have the pieces to get both through trade? They have great picks and prospects, they could probably do it.

Bob_at_york
02-17-2015, 11:41 AM
I would look at the T-Wolves and Thaddeus Young. He is having a horrible season but I think he is a great complementary piece. I would give them Fields and a pick.

smith&wesson
02-17-2015, 12:23 PM
If the Kings really are listening to offers for Cousins, I really think we should be all over that. Ross+Jonas and a first rounder could do the trick.

the more I think about it, Lowry & Cousins could be a beastly combination.

lowry
derozan
jj
Patman
cousins

with guys like amir, lou, gvz coming off the bench, that could be a contender in the east imo...

smith&wesson
02-17-2015, 12:28 PM
I'd be pissed. I don't see why they would go after Lawson though when they just drafted Smart. Do they have the pieces to get both through trade? They have great picks and prospects, they could probably do it.

so could we though. we could offer our pick and newyorks if we wanted, + young talent to boot.

Jamiecballer
02-17-2015, 01:16 PM

bah! too fast! is he smoking something?

pebloemer
02-17-2015, 01:17 PM
If the Kings really are listening to offers for Cousins, I really think we should be all over that. Ross+Jonas and a first rounder could do the trick.

the more I think about it, Lowry & Cousins could be a beastly combination.

lowry
derozan
jj
Patman
cousins

with guys like amir, lou, gvz coming off the bench, that could be a contender in the east imo...

Definitely not a team I'd want to play against...

Some pretty fiery personalities in there, but that doesn't mean it couldn't work.

JustinTime
02-17-2015, 01:30 PM
I would look at the T-Wolves and Thaddeus Young. He is having a horrible season but I think he is a great complementary piece. I would give them Fields and a pick.

Thad Young is way better at the SF than the PF that's his problem.

aman_13
02-17-2015, 01:30 PM
bah! too fast! is he smoking something?

Here is the link:

http://m.torontosun.com/2015/02/12/raptors-coach-dwane-casey-balances-teaching-and-developing-with-winning

I'm on the app so the link may not work.

He also says the team has over achieved and they have a lot of work to do.

JustinTime
02-17-2015, 01:31 PM
Definitely not a team I'd want to play against...

Some pretty fiery personalities in there, but that doesn't mean it couldn't work.

imagine if you got west as well. Toughest team in the league with the exception of Derozan.

aman_13
02-17-2015, 01:39 PM
Here are some quotes that I think are worth noting from that article:

“I’m surprised by how much we’ve gotten better offensively, and how much we’ve dropped off defensively,” he said. “It’s like a pendulum. We’ve got to find a balance. When our ‘D’ drops, our offence seems to pick up, and when our offence drops, our ‘D’ has picked up.

“I still think defence has to be our calling card in the playoffs. If we learned anything last year, it was once the playoffs start, it’s a different game. To get to 50-plus wins is the hardest step to take in basketball. I don’t know if our guys realize how hard it is. We have a lot of work to do in the second half.”

“We’re not upper-echelon,” said Casey the realist, not being the coaching Eeyore, even though the standings have them tied for fourth in the NBA.

“We’re still a growing team. These kids have played their hearts out. They’ve overachieved. They’re still developing.”

“If you look at our team, DeMar has grown a lot, but there’s still a lot of growth to go in his game. Definitely Valanciunas and T-Ross are just starting out. Kyle’s been incredible for us, but you can even see his game growing. We have a ways to go to be consistent, to be smarter, to find the kind of balance between offence and defence I’m talking about.”

“I’m glad J.V. is on our team,” said Casey. “You don’t find big guys who have his size, skill, strength, willingness to work. But understand this: He’s a young guy learning the NBA. He’s still growing, he’s still adjusting to the speed and quickness of the NBA, not just in how to defend, but how quick to get to a rebound, that kind of thing.

“He’s better this year than last year. Is this where he’s going to be? No. But that’s where fans are impatient. My job is to be patient. I know everybody wants him to play the whole fourth quarter. He’s not ready for that. And when teams go small, you’re putting that young man at a disadvantage, the same disadvantage guys like (Roy) Hibbert and Tyson Chandler face regularly.

“What I like about J.V.— he’s coachable, he’s a team guy, he wants to get better, he understands what we’re doing with him. There are no issues with him whatsoever.”

On Ross

“He’s been up-and-down,” said the coach. “He’s one of the best athletes in the league. But he needs to take advantage of that. Defensively, first, that’s where we need him to be top-notch. That’s the first thing. And I think, offensively, I’ve opened the reins up too much. He doesn’t distinguish between good shots and bad shots or whether to drive it.

“We play too fast for playoff-style of basketball,” said Casey, talking of his offence. “That’s something we’re going to have to work on, second half. One thing I love about this team is we take on challenges. We don’t run from adversity. If we stub our toe, we just keep on going.

“That’s our personality.”

http://m.torontosun.com/2015/02/12/raptors-coach-dwane-casey-balances-teaching-and-developing-with-winning

Ninjago
02-17-2015, 01:43 PM
If DeMarcus Cousins is on the block, isn't he exactly who the Raptors would want?!
Would you trade JV++ for him??

DubbyDubbs
02-17-2015, 01:50 PM
If DeMarcus Cousins is on the block, isn't he exactly who the Raptors would want?!
Would you trade JV++ for him??

Yup and yup

JustinTime
02-17-2015, 01:54 PM
I don't think anyone has ever anticipated a Ujiri trade correctly so i'm expecting either no moves or a trade for someone whose not being discussed.

Ajaywilson5
02-17-2015, 02:25 PM
i think they have enough to get lawson im not sure about cousins tho

mike_noodles
02-17-2015, 04:28 PM
imagine if you got west as well. Toughest team in the league with the exception of Derozan.

I seriously hope you're not questioning his heart and toughness? You have to be tough to push yourself to get to the line the way this man does.

mike_noodles
02-17-2015, 04:32 PM
so could we though. we could offer our pick and newyorks if we wanted, + young talent to boot.

You're right, but it would depend on what the Kings want. If they want upcoming lottery picks so that they can draft their own to go along with Smart and Olynyk, then we'd be out of luck.

i think they have enough to get lawson im not sure about cousins tho

I know they can get one no problem, but both could be tough.

deaner
02-17-2015, 05:05 PM
I listed two stars I thought Masai might trade both our young guys in Val and Ross for before in cousins and wiggins.... Today I'm going to add two more in M Gasol because of his comments about how he could play anywhere... And Durant because of the frustration level he seems to be at.

Gasol is the obvious front runner for me because he changes the teams direction without adding the volatile personality in boogie.

Bob_at_york
02-17-2015, 05:08 PM
I listed two stars I thought Masai might trade both our young guys in Val and Ross for before in cousins and wiggins.... Today I'm going to add two more in M Gasol because of his comments about how he could play anywhere... And Durant because of the frustration level he seems to be at.

Gasol is the obvious front runner for me because he changes the teams direction without adding the volatile personality in boogie.
I wouldn't trade those guys for Gasol, there is too much of a risk of him walking this summer.

deaner
02-17-2015, 05:31 PM
I wouldn't trade those guys for Gasol, there is too much of a risk of him walking this summer.

There is risk for sure. But his comments today can be interpreted to be about Toronto IMO. He addressed cold weather and a different culture/country.

If Masai is willing to trade Val... I have to believe it's for an upgrade at the 5.

sens#11fan
02-17-2015, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=deaner;29627665]I listed two stars I thought Masai might trade both our young guys in Val and Ross for before in cousins and wiggins.... Today I'm going to add two more in M Gasol because of his comments about how he could play anywhere... And Durant because of the frustration level he seems to be at.

KD is not gonna leave OKC, hes gonna stay there for life. I do not see him leaving because he dislikes the media and he likes his team and city.

deaner
02-17-2015, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=deaner;29627665]I listed two stars I thought Masai might trade both our young guys in Val and Ross for before in cousins and wiggins.... Today I'm going to add two more in M Gasol because of his comments about how he could play anywhere... And Durant because of the frustration level he seems to be at.

KD is not gonna leave OKC, hes gonna stay there for life. I do not see him leaving because he dislikes the media and he likes his team and city.

You may think KDs team is stacked with a great wave of next generational talent to help him win many rings in the west. I don't. You may think he's not thinking about his legacy. I am. I think there's always a thought that the grass is greener. Brooks is not thought of as elite, ownership have sold quite a bit of talent from under the team.

ink
02-17-2015, 08:43 PM
Here's a new thread to talk about deadline trade rumours and player transactions. Please cite sources or use a trade machine to support your ideas, if available. Thanks.

Freakazoid
02-17-2015, 08:55 PM
lol Gasol is not leaving Memphis. That's practically his hometown and his entire family lives there, there's no way he's leaving. If he does leave, it won't be for the Raptors.

Also, Kanter wants Hayward money. No ty.

ink
02-17-2015, 09:00 PM
lol Gasol is not leaving Memphis. That's practically his hometown and his entire family lives there, there's no way he's leaving. If he does leave, it won't be for the Raptors.

His parents moved to the Memphis suburb of Germantown, Tennessee, after he signed with the Grizzlies, and enrolled his younger brothers Marc and Adrià in Lausanne Collegiate School in Memphis.[81] They planned to move to the Los Angeles area when Pau was traded to the Lakers, with Agustí accepting a job with a health-care company in that area; although the Grizzlies obtained the rights to Marc's services as part of the trade, he was expected to re-sign with his Spanish team Akasvayu Girona. However, when Marc decided to sign with the Grizzlies, their parents chose to stay in Germantown. Agustí now works from home for the same company, while Marisa now volunteers at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pau_Gasol

KingoftheFall
02-17-2015, 09:01 PM
If an oppurtunity exist to swap JV and Ross for Cousins then its an easy yes. Its highly unlikely that Masai makes any kind of signifcant move though.... that would be extremely shocking.

Slightly off topic: Once Sanders buyout is complete we should be all over that. Low risk-high reward type scenario where we can get talent and more importantly a needed position for cheap. I don't care how much of a headcase he is its well worth the gamble. I highly doubt Sanders would make any kind of dent towards the chemistry with the kind of lockeroom we have.

Freakazoid
02-17-2015, 09:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pau_Gasol

I think it would have to take a very special circumstance for him to leave Memphis. Maybe the opportunity to play with a generational talent or coach. Toronto's in a great situation but we're not leaps and bounds better than Memphis to incentivize him to come here. I hope Masai has a better end game.

deaner
02-17-2015, 09:14 PM
If an oppurtunity exist to swap JV and Ross for Cousins then its an easy yes. Its highly unlikely that Masai makes any kind of signifcant move though.... that would be extremely shocking.

Slightly off topic: Once Sanders buyout is complete we should be all over that. Low risk-high reward type scenario where we can get talent and more importantly a needed position for cheap. I don't care how much of a headcase he is its well worth the gamble. I highly doubt Sanders would make any kind of dent towards the chemistry with the kind of lockeroom we have.

Low risk? I'm all for Sanders but there's no way it's low risk.

ChongInc.
02-17-2015, 09:20 PM
Yeah and I trust Masai to make a headcase like him feel comfortable and wanted. Not sure what sanders plan is, but I like Masai's chances over basically any other GM.

North Yorker
02-17-2015, 09:33 PM
Bucks assistant general manager Jeff Weltman is leaving Milwaukee to become new Toronto Raptors GM Masai Ujiri’s chief lieutenant in Toronto after the NBA draft concludes according to NBA columnist Peter Vescey.
Weltman gave Ujiri his start in Denver as he introduced the new Raptors general manager to Kiki Vandeweghe, who was running the Nuggets at the time. The introduction led to Ujiri’s first posting in Denver
http://www.sportando.com/en/usa/nba/101828/jeff-weltman-to-join-raptors-after-nba-draft.html

Ujiri picked Kenneth Faried 22nd overall in 2011 and Evan Fournier No. 20 a year later. Faried has looked tremendous at times and Fournier has shown flashes. Chief lieutenant Jeff Weltman was a key part of the staff in Milwaukee that nabbed Larry Sanders 15th in 2010, John Henson 14th in 2012, Jodie Meeks 41st in 2009 and Tobias Harris (via a draft night trade) in 2011.
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/30/raptors-gm-masai-ujiri-hopes-to-get-lucky-with-second-round-picks

Weltman knows Sanders, hopefully that gives Masai an edge if he gets the go ahead from ownership to go after him.

LanceUpperCut
02-17-2015, 09:54 PM
One issue we would have with Sanders is a lack of cap space. We would almost certainly need to trade one of are expiring guys to create some flexibility

deaner
02-17-2015, 09:55 PM
One issue we would have with Sanders is a lack of cap space. We would almost certainly need to trade one of are expiring guys to create some flexibility

Philly is open for business. I don't think that's much of an issue. I'm a pretty big fan of going after sanders.... But I highly doubt he sees the floor this year.

ink
02-17-2015, 10:32 PM
I think it would have to take a very special circumstance for him to leave Memphis. Maybe the opportunity to play with a generational talent or coach. Toronto's in a great situation but we're not leaps and bounds better than Memphis to incentivize him to come here. I hope Masai has a better end game.

Two of the most speculated-on targets -- Gasol and Durant -- have strong roots in the places they play. They also don't fit the personality profile that abandons a plan, a team, or a fan base.

I agree about the generational talent point. The only temptation for some of these players is to play with generational talents. Our recipe is the opposite -- build the base and attract the talent. Problem is, they're both already in situations with a similar or better base. Why leave?

deaner
02-17-2015, 10:47 PM
Two of the most speculated-on targets -- Gasol and Durant -- have strong roots in the places they play. They also don't fit the personality profile that abandons a plan, a team, or a fan base.

I agree about the generational talent point. The only temptation for some of these players is to play with generational talents. Our recipe is the opposite -- build the base and attract the talent. Problem is, they're both already in situations with a similar or better base. Why leave?

I disagree with the assessment that OKC has a better base than Toronto. Take KD off the thunders roster and the raps have the better team. Westbrook is the best player, but the raps roster is deeper.

ink
02-17-2015, 11:14 PM

I disagree with the assessment that OKC has a better base than Toronto. Take KD off the thunders roster and the raps have the better team. Westbrook is the best player, but the raps roster is deeper.

You miss the point. Where is the generational talent that freakazoid is talking about? That's what these trade threads are seeking.

KingoftheFall
02-17-2015, 11:58 PM
You miss the point. Where is the generational talent that freakazoid is talking about? That's what these trade threads are seeking.

We do have generational talent. His name is BRUNO CABLACO!!

bucketss
02-18-2015, 12:01 AM
whats the deal with sanders? didn't he almost quit basketball recently? i don't know if i want that kind of dude around here.

mjt20mik
02-18-2015, 12:15 AM
Jsaon Thompson anyone? seems like an easy fix for our height issues. He's a skilled big.

LanceUpperCut
02-18-2015, 12:21 AM
Jsaon Thompson anyone? seems like an easy fix for our height issues. He's a skilled big.

Only problem is he sucks balls.

smith&wesson
02-18-2015, 12:34 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=342205

david lee ? GS is desperate to move his salary before the deadline. may not have to part with a whole lot to get him. :shrug:

GodsSon
02-18-2015, 01:00 AM

david lee ? GS is desperate to move his salary before the deadline. may not have to part with a whole lot to get him. :shrug:

I prefer PPat tbh

Sanyo
02-18-2015, 01:14 AM

I like Lee but $15 mil argh that pretty much means no additions in the off-season... but if they really want Lee, then Hayes, Fields and maybe a 2nd in 2018 or something ridiculous. GS wants expiring so it would be perfect for them -- ideally they want a more productive expiring, but I don't know if they will get it...

Freakazoid
02-18-2015, 06:08 AM

nah, I would rather **** them over by giving Green a ridiculous contract.

koreancabbage
02-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Green would fit right into the 3 spot or 4 spot.

him and James Johnson makes this team very versatile and can spell Amir for minutes sake.

Just need a backup 5 man though.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-18-2015, 11:07 AM

I heard on the radio George is only one not on the trade block from Pacers. Got the podcast up in the Bucks board. Woelfel mentioned it.

aman_13
02-18-2015, 11:11 AM
MU says he's not willing to trade the future for a short term fix. I don't think the Raps will be going after West unless the Pacers just want to unload him and are okay with expiring contracts and a pick.

aman_13
02-18-2015, 12:33 PM
Bucks agree to buyout with Larry Sanders.

He can the fill the need of a shot blocking center.

aman_13
02-18-2015, 12:36 PM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/236678/Larry-Sanders-To-Receive-$13M-Of-Remaining-$40M-On-Buyout

BoomBabySlick
02-18-2015, 12:44 PM
There's my blockbuster Indiana deal with a first or two. Only problem is we'd have no C but be stacked everywhere else. I guess we could pick up Dalembert and Saunder.

PG Lowry/ Vazquez
SG Derozan/ Williams
SF George/ J Johnson Rudez/ Coboclo
PF West/ Patterson/ Hansbrough/Whittington
C Saunders/ Dalembert/ Steisma/ Nogueira

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k9kr4hl

I'm pretty confident in saying Paul George will never be traded. If he were to be traded, it would take a lot better offer than that. And that's just for PG! You add West and that offer is borderline offensive.

JustinTime
02-18-2015, 12:45 PM
not a trade but apparently Thon Maker is reclassifying and will likely enter the 2016 draft. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Raptors end up getting him with the Bargnani pick.

Jamiecballer
02-18-2015, 12:45 PM
i want no part of a guy who can't find sufficient satisfaction from playing a kids game at the highest level in the world while making millions and millions of dollars to do so. let's not be so desperate to fix a shortcoming that we will accept just about any level of risk, shall we?

JustinTime
02-18-2015, 12:47 PM
I'm pretty confident in saying Paul George will never be traded. If he were to be traded, it would take a lot better offer than that. And that's just for PG! You add West and that offer is borderline offensive.

West would get you something else I was saying Jonas, Ross, and a first or two just for George which is pretty nice package if that first is the one we got from the Knicks. George could be damaged goods for all we know and never recover fully.

deaner
02-18-2015, 01:10 PM
not a trade but apparently Thon Maker is reclassifying and will likely enter the 2016 draft. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Raptors end up getting him with the Bargnani pick.

How is that even possible if Thon goes number one overall and Knicks and nuggets are the worst teams in basketball... Raptors still get the second pick. You really think Thon wouldn't go first overall?

JustinTime
02-18-2015, 01:12 PM
How is that even possible if Thon goes number one overall and Knicks and nuggets are the worst teams in basketball... Raptors still get the second pick. You really think Thon wouldn't go first overall?

He's risky like Exum. There are rumours that he's going to skip college and either continue to play in Canada or go overseas so he doesn't get exposed. He could end up being 3rd or 4th because teams may get scared to pick him without playing against real competition. Draft Express has him going tenth after reclassifying because that draft is so deep.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

deaner
02-18-2015, 01:16 PM
He's risky like Exum. There are rumours that he's going to skip college and either continue to play in Canada or go overseas so he doesn't get exposed. He could end up being 3rd or 4th because teams may get scared to pick him without playing against real competition.

That's ridiculous. You know where he's playing right? You realize who he plays against? You realize where he travels to for games?

JustinTime
02-18-2015, 01:19 PM
That's ridiculous. You know where he's playing right? You realize who he plays against? You realize where he travels to for games?

It's not my opinion that's just what i've read. Highschool competition is a lot different than NCAA anyways. CBS had him at 6th the beginning of last year too which will likely be in the Raptors range. A lot could change between now and then but Wiggins was the number 1 at this time in his career and I think Thon's stock some how dropped by going to Canada.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24650393/mocking-the-future-projecting-a-lottery-of-high-school-prospects

deaner
02-18-2015, 01:25 PM
It's not my opinion that's just what i've read. Highschool competition is a lot different than NCAA anyways.

Ok. Read about the school, about the opponents he plays, the competition and the training. It's not like he's in orangeville playing against collingwood and shelbourne high schools to be under the radar for US scouts. You might be reading the wrong material.

JustinTime
02-18-2015, 04:15 PM
Ok. Read about the school, about the opponents he plays, the competition and the training. It's not like he's in orangeville playing against collingwood and shelbourne high schools to be under the radar for US scouts. You might be reading the wrong material.

I know all that but it's just high school. Most high school players don't even make it to college so the talent level is still pretty weak. If he avoids college than he's really not getting much of a test. Look at his team it's considered to be stacked but how many of those guys are good enough to play Div 1? Maybe Thon, his brother, Poyser and Jamal Murray and that's probably it. The point is scouts won't be satisfied unless he goes to NCAA and dominates and it's not a sure thing at all that he'll even play college so I could see him drop to 4th or 5th pick just based on risk factor. I do think he's a #1 talent but it's a risk either way.

deaner
02-18-2015, 04:39 PM
I know all that but it's just high school. Most high school players don't even make it to college so the talent level is still pretty weak. If he avoids college than he's really not getting much of a test. Look at his team it's considered to be stacked but how many of those guys are good enough to play Div 1? Maybe Thon, his brother and Jamal Murray and that's probably it. The point is scouts won't be satisfied unless he goes to NCAA and dominates and it's not a sure thing at all that he'll even play college so I could see him drop to 4th or 5th pick just based on risk factor. I do think he's a #1 talent but it's a risk either way.

So you are up to speed on the Athletic Institute and the prep tournament schedule. He's getting highest competition level he can get right now. It's nothing like Exum in Australia. I don't know what else to say then. If you were in thon's situation and Adam silver was about to close the door on you for a couple of years... And you could go first overall in 150 days or whatever it is... I think you would go. Add to that the unfortunate part of the story and Thon having a very greedy agent and we have what we have. The dude is special there's no denying that.

JustinTime
02-18-2015, 04:49 PM
So you are up to speed on the Athletic Institute and the prep tournament schedule. He's getting highest competition level he can get right now. It's nothing like Exum in Australia. I don't know what else to say then. If you were in thon's situation and Adam silver was about to close the door on you for a couple of years... And you could go first overall in 150 days or whatever it is... I think you would go. Add to that the unfortunate part of the story and Thon having a very greedy agent and we have what we have. The dude is special there's no denying that.

Yea his agent is greedy for sure but I do think he's made some wise decisions for Thon. Putting him at Orangeville was a smart move because it lets in focus on basketball rather than get caught up in the American hype machine. I can't help but feel that Wiggins could have benefited a lot more without the hype.The team Canada fan in me loves it as well because I think there's a good chance that those brothers want to become Canadian and play for us. Team Canada would be nasty if they got those two with and realistically could take out the US.

bartron_44
02-18-2015, 04:52 PM
What about trying to trade with Detroit for Monroe? After losing Jennings they probably have a better chance at winning the lottery than making the playoffs..... Monroe is an expiring contract at the end of the season so his price can't be too crazy..He also played C until Detroit drafted Drummond so he could log minutes at both PF and C for us. His post game and rebounding could come in handy...especially in the playoffs.

I wonder if Orlando would consider moving Vucevic? He is about to get some generous offers in free agency I imagine this summer.

Freakazoid
02-18-2015, 04:57 PM
Brandon Bass might get bought out. IMO, he's a better fit than West if Masai still wants to trade for a 4 and he can replace Amir's defense and intangibles while offering Pat's offense.

deaner
02-18-2015, 05:00 PM
Yea his agent is greedy for sure but I do think he's made some wise decisions for Thon. Putting him at Orangeville was a smart move because it lets in focus on basketball rather than get caught up in the American hype machine. I can't help but feel that Wiggins could have benefited a lot more without the hype.The team Canada fan in me loves it as well because I think there's a good chance that those brothers want to become Canadian and play for us. Team Canada would be nasty if they got those two with and realistically could take out the US.

There's a lot to the story up in orangeville. Stuff I'm not going to get into. I dislike thon's agent quite a bit but I'll let you have that opinion. The funny thing is both of wiggins parents worked at the institute a few years ago. It's developed (for good or bad) a lot in the last little bit.

But yes. Thon and matur are very welcome to become Canadians in my books.

deaner
02-18-2015, 05:01 PM
What about trying to trade with Detroit for Monroe? After losing Jennings they probably have a better chance at winning the lottery than making the playoffs..... Monroe is an expiring contract at the end of the season so his price can't be too crazy..He also played C until Detroit drafted Drummond so he could log minutes at both PF and C for us. His post game and rebounding could come in handy...especially in the playoffs.

I wonder if Orlando would consider moving Vucevic? He is about to get some generous offers in free agency I imagine this summer.

I think SVG said Monroe would not be moved.

Freakazoid
02-18-2015, 05:04 PM

Monroe is really slow and has Bargnani like awareness on rotations. He doesn't fit Casey's defensive scheme.

deaner
02-18-2015, 05:05 PM
Brandon Bass might get bought out. IMO, he's a better fit than West if Masai still wants to trade for a 4 and he can replace Amir's defense and intangibles while offering Pat's offense.

Freakazoid if you were Masai and the trade deadline was closing before you could do anything... Would you move Fields to Philly for extra space to sign a sanders or a bass after Thursday? I would.

Edit: let me add to that. I would like it to be a three team trade and take back Moe Harkless. Steisma may have to be release for a roster spot if there became a better player released on waivers.

deaner
02-18-2015, 05:06 PM
Monroe is really slow and has Bargnani like awareness on rotations. He doesn't fit Casey's defensive scheme.

I'm surprised that Henson's name being mentioned for trade.

JustinTime
02-18-2015, 05:14 PM
There's a lot to the story up in orangeville. Stuff I'm not going to get into. I dislike thon's agent quite a bit but I'll let you have that opinion. The funny thing is both of wiggins parents worked at the institute a few years ago. It's developed (for good or bad) a lot in the last little bit.

But yes. Thon and matur are very welcome to become Canadians in my books.

There's no doubt that Ed Smith is just trying to get them to go pro as quickly as possible so he can get a share of their contract. But, I think his own selfish decisions have ultimately benefited the Makers as a side effect even though he really just wants to make a profit off them. It would be hilarious if Thon just dropped him right before the draft and went with someone else. I mean seriously Thon's going to be an adult what does he did Ed Smith for.

Freakazoid
02-18-2015, 05:22 PM
Freakazoid if you were Masai and the trade deadline was closing before you could do anything... Would you move Fields to Philly for extra space to sign a sanders or a bass after Thursday? I would.

Edit: let me add to that. I would like it to be a three team trade and take back Moe Harkless. Steisma may have to be release for a roster spot if there became a better player released on waivers.

Sanders was owed 40 million and his buyout was pathetic. I think he's done as a basketball player and he just wants to collect his money and make skateboards or something.

I would most def do it for Bass. He's an elite defensive player that can guard 3s to 5s, has good touch around the rim and can hit the mid range. He fits Casey's schemes perfectly.

deaner
02-18-2015, 05:24 PM
Sanders was owed 40 million and his buyout was pathetic. I think he's done as a basketball player and he just wants to collect his money and make skateboards or something.

I would most def do it for Bass. He's an elite defensive player that can guard 3s to 5s, has good touch around the rim and can hit the mid range. He fits Casey's schemes perfectly.

You mean he's old. Haha.

BHF
02-18-2015, 05:34 PM
I like Bass but we don't need another pf we need length and a shot blocker, Sanders with a brain would be a perfect fit but he is a nutcase so i would pass on both.

Freakazoid
02-18-2015, 05:36 PM
You mean he's old. Haha.

Yeah he's a veteran but I've seen him guard Lebron/Melo perfectly and I've also seen him body up Howard and deny position. So he definitely has the foot speed and the intelligence that Casey demands. With Amir's declining health, Masai should target Bass in the off season if we don't get him at the deadline.

Idk, Casey's scheme is good but it only works if our perimeter players are all big, lanky, elite perimeter defenders (i.e Golden State). None of our perimeter players besides Johnson can play big. If Masai is going to continue with this talent base he should have hired Karl. I don't get it.

Freakazoid
02-18-2015, 05:43 PM
“I would be shocked if we did something with Terrence,” Ujiri said Tuesday night. “Trust me. I can’t tell you more how I totally don’t think that would happen before Thursday.”

“How many guys on our team can raise up and make a shot with someone in their face, like Terrence? They aren’t many in the league,” said Ujiri. “He’s had lapses on defence but that’s something you grow out of with experience. He is really a two-way player; he has ability to stay in front of guys, he can hit a shot; he’s athletic as hell and he can hit threes. Every team is looking for players like that.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/02/18/toronto-raptors-unlikely-trade-terrence-ross

Shut it down boys.

deaner
02-18-2015, 05:47 PM
Yeah he's a veteran but I've seen him guard Lebron/Melo perfectly and I've also seen him body up Howard and deny position. So he definitely has the foot speed and the intelligence that Casey demands. With Amir's declining health, Masai should target Bass in the off season if we don't get him at the deadline.

Idk, Casey's scheme is good but it only works if our perimeter players are all big, lanky, elite perimeter defenders (i.e Golden State). None of our perimeter players besides Johnson can play big. If Masai is going to continue with this talent base he should have hired Karl. I don't get it.

Good points. I will agree that I don't want to see Masai revamp his roster to suit a style. I'd much prefer to add talent that fits together in masai's eyes and have the coach adapt. If Masai sells low on Ross... I'm going to cringe because in my eyes that means Masai is adapting the roster to the coaches style.

I haven't paid much attention to bass in Boston. Do you see him as a replacement to Amir with pat backing him up?

North Yorker
02-18-2015, 05:48 PM

Shut it down boys.

We'll need him in the playoffs if we want to win a round. But there is some risk if Masai hangs onto him since this may be the time where he is most coveted (Still has the 'potential' tag and is cheap for another 1.5 years).

deaner
02-18-2015, 05:51 PM

Shut it down boys.

Ya I read that earlier. To me it sounds like a sales pitch and the "totally before Thursday" bit sounds weird.

aman_13
02-18-2015, 06:01 PM
I like the idea of signing Bass as well.

Freakazoid
02-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Good points. I will agree that I don't want to see Masai revamp his roster to suit a style. I'd much prefer to add talent that fits together in masai's eyes and have the coach adapt. If Masai sells low on Ross... I'm going to cringe because in my eyes that means Masai is adapting the roster to the coaches style.

I haven't paid much attention to bass in Boston. Do you see him as a replacement to Amir with pat backing him up?

Yeah Bass is criminally underrated and Stevens plays a similar aggro defensive scheme sometimes so there's no learning curve.

Iunno I think Ross is overrated and I think it's dumb to keep developing talent that doesn't necessarily fit in with what the coach is trying to do.

JustinTime
02-18-2015, 06:33 PM

Shut it down boys.

boosting his value that's all. I still think he could be traded.

deaner
02-18-2015, 06:36 PM
Yeah Bass is criminally underrated and Stevens plays a similar aggro defensive scheme sometimes so there's no learning curve.

Iunno I think Ross is overrated and I think it's dumb to keep developing talent that doesn't necessarily fit in with what the coach is trying to do.

But casey picked Ross... It seems so strange that NOW casey is looking for a rim protector like Drummond.

GameBreaker
02-18-2015, 07:51 PM
I wonder if it really is value pumping or if he's gonna wait until the season is over to decide what to do with him.

smith&wesson
02-18-2015, 08:48 PM
MU isnt doing anything. Even a small move to secure a big man that can contribute a solid 20 mins a night would suffice. why is that so hard to get done when its such a glaring need ? i just dont get it.

smith&wesson
02-18-2015, 08:50 PM
boosting his value that's all. Im still hoping he could be traded.

fixed ;)

JustinTime
02-18-2015, 09:06 PM
fixed ;)

The Twolves make comments like that about their players all the time and then trade them 2 days later. It's just basically Masaii's way of telling other Gms if you want him you're going to offer more because i'm willing to hold onto him.

smith&wesson
02-18-2015, 09:14 PM
The Twolves make comments like that about their players all the time and then trade them 2 days later. It's just basically Masaii's way of telling other Gms if you want him you're going to offer more because i'm willing to hold onto him.

smoke screen, i get the tactic. beyond that, I have no faith in MU making a move to adress our big man needs. for a team with no elite bigs, and no depth at the C it really strikes me as odd.

pulzar
02-18-2015, 09:30 PM
smoke screen, i get the tactic. beyond that, I have no faith in MU making a move to adress our big man needs. for a team with no elite bigs, and no depth at the C it really strikes me as odd.

There's simply no need to risk introducing a problem into the locker room for something that is unlikely to have any significant impact. His strategy is to see what guys can do this year, and then make adjustments in off-season.

LanceUpperCut
02-18-2015, 09:32 PM
MU isnt doing anything. Even a small move to secure a big man that can contribute a solid 20 mins a night would suffice. why is that so hard to get done when its such a glaring need ? i just dont get it.

Such as? It's definitely not an easy thing to get, look at Mosgov hell that guy cost two 1st rounders. He's not going to make a move if the guy is pretty much equal to Hansbough and really I can't think of many that fit the back up rim protector roll that would come cheap.

Freakazoid
02-18-2015, 09:41 PM
boosting his value that's all. I still think he could be traded.

eh Masai is pretty passive and he has been steadfast about not sacrificing the long term for the interim. Besides, it doesn't boost his value that much. Teams know what they're going to get out of Ross, they're not going to outbid themselves for him.

But casey picked Ross... It seems so strange that NOW casey is looking for a rim protector like Drummond.

I don't think he picked him. I think Bryan just gave him a few options and Casey just happened to like Ross most of all or he didn't want to develop players and thought that Ross would be the most ready.

Jamiecballer
02-18-2015, 10:06 PM

+1

ink
02-18-2015, 10:11 PM
I wonder if it really is value pumping or if he's gonna wait until the season is over to decide what to do with him.

The latter. He's been pretty clear. I've yet to see him lie. It hasn't been his style.

deaner
02-18-2015, 10:51 PM
eh Masai is pretty passive and he has been steadfast about not sacrificing the long term for the interim. Besides, it doesn't boost his value that much. Teams know what they're going to get out of Ross, they're not going to outbid themselves for him.

I don't think he picked him. I think Bryan just gave him a few options and Casey just happened to like Ross most of all or he didn't want to develop players and thought that Ross would be the most ready.

That's not the way I remember it. I remember casey saying he followed Ross and push BC for him.

deaner
02-18-2015, 10:53 PM
A bit of a scare with okafor down on the deck during the duke game.

deaner
02-18-2015, 11:05 PM
Jay King: Brandon Bass vehemently denied that he would have any interest in a buyout. Said he wasn't aware of report saying he could be a candidate. Twitter @ByJayKing

Jay King: Bass on trade rumors: "it's tough. I can't front and say it's not tough." Twitter @ByJayKing

Freakazoid
02-18-2015, 11:14 PM
That's not the way I remember it. I remember casey saying he followed Ross and push BC for him.

Well yeah, Bryan was fighting for his job, he was basically scapegoating Casey the entire season. BC has been characterized as a control freak his entire career, there's absolutely no way that he let Casey have the final say.

Even if Casey fought for him, it doesn't necessarily mean that he was a 100% fit, he might have been the best of the worst so to speak. I mean, Ross has flashes of brilliance, so it's not surprising our front office was initially so high on him but instead of dwelling on who ****ed up, IMO we should cut our losses and move on. No more Bargnanis pls.

Pfeifer
02-19-2015, 12:54 AM
It's earily similar to Derozen a few years ago, the way people are talking about Ross. Most players go through rough patches at this point of their careers. It's a tough decision to make because he has the tools to be really good. Imo

ink
02-19-2015, 01:00 AM
It's earily similar to Derozen a few years ago, the way people are talking about Ross. Most players go through rough patches at this point of their careers. It's a tough decision to make because he has the tools to be really good. Imo

+1

Ajaywilson5
02-19-2015, 03:16 AM
i really feel like people are overvaluing ross on this forum he will be in his 4th season next year and has taken a step back atkeast we say steady improvement from demar and JV ross has regressed

pebloemer
02-19-2015, 09:21 AM

There are some considerations though:

Ross had an extra year in college.
Ross entered the league 1.5 years older than DeMar.

It isn't usually the norm for wings to take so long to develop. In some ways, DeRozan defied the norm and his continual improvements each season really tells you a ton about his character and work ethic.

I have never been the biggest Ross supporter, although there was a time not to long ago when I changed my tune and felt that maybe he could be a better player than I give him credit for. I trust Masai and the coaching staff have a good handle on where Ross is as a person and player, so I'm really not leaning any specific way.

What I will say is that there are a lot of really good 3 and D players out there. It is an incredibly valuable role for players to have on winning teams. Ross has the tools to be a very good one (and maybe even more than that). I'm really hoping we see some consistency in Ross soon.

deaner
02-19-2015, 10:15 AM
@WojYahooNBA: So far, these teams believe they have nothing going at deadline: Clippers, Raptors, Spurs, Hawks, Grizzlies. Can always change w/ one call.

Jamiecballer
02-19-2015, 11:19 AM
i have a sense that we will acquire someone. just a big for the back end of our rotation. that's it. that's my call.

North Yorker
02-19-2015, 12:09 PM

Yea, I'd rather we stop targeting inferior players who fit Casey's scheme and have our scheme tailored to our good players.

Eventually, the scheme has to change if Jonas is ever going to develop into the player we think he will. He can't sit for the last 10 mins of each game if he is a cornerstone of this team. Lots of teams have successful defenses with good, stay at home centers like San Antonio, Memphis, Indy, etc. and Jonas's defense at the rim has been very good this season.

We need better perimeter defense, getting the long-term SF hole filled with a player in the mold of Batum/Kawhi/P. George/Deng/etc would go a long way to fixing our problems.

North Yorker
02-19-2015, 12:31 PM
Afflalo to the Blazers. That's good, was afraid the Bulls would land him.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 3m 3 minutes ago
Blazers will send Will Barton, Victor Claver, a future lottery protected 1st and a second-round pick to Denver for Afflalo and Alonzo Gee.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 2m 2 minutes ago
Thomas Robinson goes to the Nuggets too, source tells Yahoo.

aman_13
02-19-2015, 01:00 PM
The latest update from TSN is that they are not expected to make any moves.

aman_13
02-19-2015, 01:03 PM
McGee to Sixers.

DubbyDubbs
02-19-2015, 01:04 PM
Mcgee to Sixers.

From what I can see, McGee was sent with a 1st for nothing in return? lol am I reading that correctly? 1st thrown in because of the contract dump?

DubbyDubbs
02-19-2015, 01:05 PM
Dupe

North Yorker
02-19-2015, 01:06 PM
From what I can see, McGee was sent with a 1st for nothing in return? lol am I reading that correctly? 1st thrown in because of the contract dump?

Yes, salary dump. Philly get's OKC's 1st in the deal.

aman_13
02-19-2015, 01:07 PM

Lol yeah I think that's the trade.

DubbyDubbs
02-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Sessions for Miller (kings/wizards). Good deal for Wiz

aman_13
02-19-2015, 01:08 PM
Kings trade Ramon Sessions to Wizards for Andre Miller.

deaner
02-19-2015, 01:18 PM

If bought out is McGee healthy? Body... I know his mind is damaged.

mike_noodles
02-19-2015, 01:29 PM

They get one of the European stash kids from Philly, so as to make it a trade instead of a give, lol.

DubbyDubbs
02-19-2015, 01:30 PM
They get one of the European stash kids from Philly, so as to make it a trade instead of a give, lol.

Thats good. I found it quite odd/rare to give up multiple pieces including a pick for literally nothing.

mike_noodles
02-19-2015, 01:31 PM
I'm thinking we should move an expiring with a 2nd to Philly or someone, just to clear up the space to sign a buy out candidate later without going into luxury tax. I'm talking a long way in the future 2nd, 2018 or so.

DubbyDubbs
02-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Brook Lopez to thunder is very close as per Woj. Deal centred around Reggie Jackson

JustinTime
02-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Chuck Hayes for Anthony Bennett

Jamiecballer
02-19-2015, 02:11 PM
The latest update from TSN is that they are not expected to make any moves.

i wasn't expecting TSN to be active before the deadline anyways :P

Miltstar
02-19-2015, 02:15 PM

lol sounds like a good deal for Minny... maybe they can throw in Wiggins for Fields?

koreancabbage
02-19-2015, 02:22 PM

>.>

JustinTime
02-19-2015, 02:27 PM
lol sounds like a good deal for Minny

He's played like garbage for them and they probably want to get rid of that contract. Great trade for them although I doubt Wiggins will be happy.

aman_13
02-19-2015, 02:29 PM
i wasn't expecting TSN to be active before the deadline anyways :P

Haha Raptors*

bartron_44
02-19-2015, 02:48 PM
I wonder if we could get Meyers Leonard out of Porland. He isn't playing much with Lopez and Kaman and LA as their main 3 bigs. He can rebound, shoot with range and knock down FT's. The big guy takes like 2 three's a game and is shooting 45% from behind the arc. He is also hauling in 4.6 rpg in under 16 mpg.

North Yorker
02-19-2015, 02:53 PM
I wonder if we could get Meyers Leonard out of Porland. He isn't playing much with Lopez and Kaman and LA as their main 3 bigs. He can rebound, shoot with range and knock down FT's. The big guy takes like 2 three's a game and is shooting 45% from behind the arc. He is also hauling in 4.6 rpg in under 16 mpg.

Can't see it happening. Robinson is gone so that will open up some minutes for him. Lopez is a FA at season's end and Leonard could be the long-term C there, and LMA is playing hurt so they may need to limit his mins before the playoffs and Leonard can pick up the slack.

Miltstar
02-19-2015, 03:12 PM
He's played like garbage for them and they probably want to get rid of that contract. Great trade for them although I doubt Wiggins will be happy.

They don't really need to dump salary as they are well under the cap and they aren't exactly an attractive destination for Free Agents. Bennett is 21 and although he's been disappointing could still grow into a solid rotational player. Chuck Hayes brings nothing of value to them

JustinTime
02-19-2015, 03:39 PM
They don't really need to dump salary as they are well under the cap and they aren't exactly an attractive destination for Free Agents. Bennett is 21 and although he's been disappointing could still grow into a solid rotational player. Chuck Hayes brings nothing of value to them

That franchise needs as much money as it can get they just loose money constantly. Garnett just got traded back so I figure AB will break out now.

aman_13
02-19-2015, 03:42 PM
Looks like Bass may get an contract extension.

aman_13
02-19-2015, 03:48 PM
Also looks like the Raps will make no moves.

The players should be happy and motivated knowing that their gm believes in the team.

aman_13
02-19-2015, 03:56 PM
Dragic to the Heat.

Jackson to Pistons.

deaner
02-19-2015, 04:03 PM
Dragic to the Heat.

Jackson to Pistons.

Ya. East teams getting better. I really wish Masai would have done something to improve. I don't buy the chemistry argument... I think a minor shakeup would have kept the players on their toes a bit.

aman_13
02-19-2015, 04:07 PM
Ya. East teams getting better. I really wish Masai would have done something to improve. I don't buy the chemistry argument... I think a minor shakeup would have kept the players on their toes a bit.

I was hoping MU would add another big but I'm okay with standing pat.

deaner
02-19-2015, 04:07 PM
Rockets get KJ McDaniels cheap.... Grrrrr

aman_13
02-19-2015, 04:11 PM
Knight going to the Suns is a shocker.

deaner
02-19-2015, 04:12 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Sources: As part of Brandon Knight trade, Milwaukee gets Michael Carter-Williams, Tyler Ennis and Miles Plumlee.

aman_13
02-19-2015, 04:13 PM
MCW could really breakout under Jason Kidd.

smith&wesson
02-19-2015, 04:23 PM
dragic to miami worries me, if we face miami in the first round it could be a really tough match up if Wade is healthy.

smith&wesson
02-19-2015, 04:24 PM

agreed. i think its a brilliant move by the bucks. next year with parker healthy the bucks could be a good

smith&wesson
02-19-2015, 04:24 PM

agreed. Brilliant move by the bucks. next year with a healthy parker, mcw, greak freak and co.. the bucks can be really good moving fwd.

ink
02-19-2015, 04:25 PM

They already were the sleeper of the east and they just added some nice pieces.

JustinTime
02-19-2015, 04:27 PM

Tyler Ennis could really breakout under Kidd

JustinTime
02-19-2015, 04:27 PM
tp

JustinTime
02-19-2015, 04:28 PM
tp

JustinTime
02-19-2015, 04:29 PM

That trade could actually hurt them Knight was almost their best player wasn't he?

deaner
02-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Not a fan of today at all. If we don't get lucky with a waiver player I don't see us getting out of the first round. There's potentially 5-6 teams better than us if the gel and stay healthy.

Bob_at_york
02-19-2015, 04:31 PM
That trade could actually hurt them Knight was almost their best player wasn't he?

this year it will but next year... they will be probably better.

Man so many PGs changing teams.

North Yorker
02-19-2015, 04:33 PM
agreed. Brilliant move by the bucks. next year with a healthy parker, mcw, greak freak and co.. the bucks can be really good moving fwd.

Check out their length:

PG: MCW: 6'6"
SG: Middleton: 6'7"
SF: Giannis: 6'11"
PF: Parker: 6'8"
C: Henson: 6'11"

BHF
02-19-2015, 04:35 PM
Not a fan of today at all. If we don't get lucky with a waiver player I don't see us getting out of the first round. There's potentially 5-6 teams better than us if the gel and stay healthy.

With this Roster and Casey as our coach you are right we might not get out of the first round.

Bob_at_york
02-19-2015, 04:39 PM
With this Roster and Casey as our coach you are right we might not get out of the first round.
Same could be said for Atlanta and Washington.

aman_13
02-19-2015, 04:41 PM

Yeah they have a bright future.

JustinTime
02-19-2015, 04:42 PM
Ujiri is a very overrated GM. the entire starting lineup is Collagelo's even Johnson was brought in by him the first time. Ujiri just sits there and does nothing, how long does he need to realize that there are holes all over the place on this roster?

aman_13
02-19-2015, 04:44 PM

I think Miami is another sleeper. Dragic, Wade and Bosh could be really dangerous.

ink
02-19-2015, 04:46 PM
I don't see the trades having that much impact this year. We should have already realized that we needed talent so why only start getting worried now? It's just a question of when the push for talent will come. Not even that much of a question because MU has consistently indicated it would be this off season.

The favourites to advance out of the east are still Cavs and Hawks. The rest of us are all just a bit closer now.

aman_13
02-19-2015, 04:49 PM
Isaiah Thomas to the Celtics.

The Celtics will not be fun to play against.

ink
02-19-2015, 04:49 PM

I think Miami is another sleeper. Dragic, Wade and Bosh could be really dangerous.

Agreed. Without LBJ as playmaker they needed a quality PG. They got him.

aman_13
02-19-2015, 04:51 PM
The Heat didn't give up much either.

koreancabbage
02-19-2015, 04:52 PM
Ujiri is a very overrated GM. the entire starting lineup is Collagelo's even Johnson was brought in by him the first time. Ujiri just sits there and does nothing, how long does he need to realize that there are holes all over the place on this roster?

lol this team's success was a fluke as well noone would have figured they would have played so well thus far since that Gay trade.

i wouldn't say he's overrated but having the current success he has right now, what can you say?

Its the same as all of the people are now bashing Ross nowadays but didn't say anything when he was being a great 3 and D guy last year.

Watch - justintime, right now you're the only one 'bashing' MU but we will see a lot more if the team starts sucking.

pebloemer
02-19-2015, 04:53 PM
Nice to see the bottom of the East strengthen a bit. Maybe I'm crazy, but I prefer better competition throughout the conference.

ink
02-19-2015, 04:54 PM

lol this team's success was a fluke as well noone would have figured they would have played so well thus far since that Gay trade.

i wouldn't say he's overrated but having the current success he has right now, what can you say?

Its the same as all of the people are now bashing Ross nowadays but didn't say anything when he was being a great 3 and D guy last year.

Watch - justintime, right now you're the only one 'bashing' MU but we will see a lot more if the team starts sucking.

I can see the game threads now. Sigh.

ink
02-19-2015, 04:54 PM
Nice to see the bottom of the East strengthen a bit. Maybe I'm crazy, but I prefer better competition throughout the conference.

Definitely +1.

Jamiecballer
02-19-2015, 04:56 PM

what are all the holes you are referring to?

nevermind. i forgot there were 15 roster spots not filled by Canadians. my bad :)

BHF
02-19-2015, 04:57 PM
Same could be said for Atlanta and Washington.

Atlanta is one of the beast teams in the NBA if not the best team you cant really compare us to them.

Miltstar
02-19-2015, 04:57 PM

Ross got **** on in the playoffs last year.... what were we supposed to do? I didn't see anything moving today that would have put us over the top. Sometimes the best trade is the one you didn't make (see ex Kyle Lowry)

pulzar
02-19-2015, 04:58 PM
I can see the game threads now. Sigh.

Yeah... People need to come to piece with MU's strategy -- long term, slow growth. This year is just another step towards the future for him, with no goals whatsoever on winning anything.

We might lose in the first round, and I'd be somewhat disappointed if we do, but MU is ok with it, so I guess I better prepare myself for it, too. At least that first round against Bucks or Heat will be a very strong test now.

Miltstar
02-19-2015, 04:58 PM

Minus Philly who should be sent to the D-League

pebloemer
02-19-2015, 04:59 PM
I also totally commend the plan to stand pat at the deadline. Let this group play it out. I don't expect to see this team in the NBA finals regardless of a move and I still expect them to win a round.

If there is the feeling that this group can't reach that next level, the off-season is a better time to make a big move. Loads of assets (an intriguing 2016 pick from NY, 2015 pick, 2016 pick, Ross, loads of cap space and maybe even Jonas) are better utilized in the off-season IMO.

ink
02-19-2015, 05:02 PM

Minus Philly who should be sent to the D-League

The question is more like how competitive are the majority of eastern teams with the west. That gap was closed a bit today and IMO that's a huge win for the league.

Bramaca
02-19-2015, 05:07 PM
Liked some of the moves made at the deadline.

Miami grabbing Dragic is a great move. They may be sitting in the 8th playoff spot but I think they are top 4 in terms of eastern playoff teams.

Milwaukee picking up MCW, Ennis, and Plumblee is a very good move. Not sure if it will help them this season or take some adjustment time but they are more talented and deeper also.

OKC's moves were pretty solid also. Should make for a pretty crappy 1st round matchup for one of the top western teams.

Loved seeing Garnett going back to the Wolves.

smith&wesson
02-19-2015, 05:14 PM

Miami grabbing Dragic is a great move. They may be sitting in the 8th playoff spot but I think they are top 4 in terms of eastern playoff teams.

Milwaukee picking up MCW, Ennis, and Plumblee is a very good move. Not sure if it will help them this season or take some adjustment time but they are more talented and deeper also.

OKC's moves were pretty solid also. Should make for a pretty crappy 1st round matchup for one of the top western teams.

+1 thats the highlight of the trade dead line for me.

dragic giong to miami worries me a bit if we end up facing them in the first round and bosh + wade are healthy.

killersweet
02-19-2015, 05:26 PM

dragic giong to miami worries me a bit if we end up facing them in the first round and bosh + wade are healthy.
That kinda sucks. Getting to the 2nd round just got challenging for the raptors with Heat and bucks improving.

Bramaca
02-19-2015, 05:26 PM

Not seeing too many great matchups for the Raps in the 1st round.

Garnett finishing off his career back in Minny on top of being an intense championship vet to mentor the young guys is great for that team IMO.

smith&wesson
02-19-2015, 05:37 PM

Garnett finishing off his career back in Minny on top of being an intense championship vet to mentor the young guys is great for that team IMO.

Growing up KG was one of my top 3 favourite players for over like 10 years. I loved him with the twolves and hated him ever since he went to boston and then brooklyn. Giong back to the twolves i can be a fan again.

I agree, I think its a great move by the wolves for their young guys to be mentored by one of the most intense and best defenders ever. feel good story to see kg retire with the team he spent about 14 years with.

North Yorker
02-19-2015, 05:38 PM
There is a real fight for the last 2 playoff seeds in the East now. Will come down to

Miami (which looks like a given. Dragic/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Whiteside)
Charlotte (got Mo to replace Kemba, but are on the downswing)
Boston (Landed Isaiah Thomas to go along with Smart/Bradley/Young in the backcourt)
Detroit (Got Jackson and Prince)
Indiana (George coming back)
Brooklyn (probably a slight upgrade this season swapping Thad for Garnett)

Should be a fun 2 months.

smith&wesson
02-19-2015, 05:42 PM
There is a real fight for the last 2 playoff seeds in the East now. Will come down to

Miami (which looks like a given. Dragic/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Whiteside)
Charlotte (got Mo to replace Kemba, but are on the downswing)
Boston (Landed Isaiah Thomas to go along with Smart/Bradley/Young in the backcourt)
Detroit (Got Jackson and Prince)
Indiana (George coming back)
Brooklyn (probably a slight upgrade this season swapping Thad for Garnett)

Should be a fun 2 months.

I think miami and brooklyn secure the last two spots. I hope we get the nets in the first round, but it may turn out to be the heat and thats not good :(

North Yorker
02-19-2015, 05:44 PM
I think miami and brooklyn secure the last two spots. I hope we get the nets in the first round, but it may turn out to be the heat and thats not good :(

Our bench will need to win us that series, because our starters sure as hell aren't.

mike_noodles
02-19-2015, 05:45 PM

I think having a plan and having the patience to wait it out is a sign of a good GM. But if we ignore all else that has happened, he got a great deal for Bargnani. That alone should earn him a longer leash than you're giving him.

I think this will be great for Wiggins if they can get along. KG has such a passion and desire to compete, hopefully the young man can learn a few things from him.

North Yorker
02-19-2015, 05:47 PM
I think this will be great for Wiggins if they can get along. KG has such a passion and desire to compete, hopefully the young man can learn a few things from him.

Thad never passed Wiggins the ball. I'm sure Wiggins will like Garnett a lot more.

ink
02-19-2015, 06:06 PM

Growing up KG was one of my top 3 favourite players for over like 10 years. I loved him with the twolves and hated him ever since he went to boston and then brooklyn. Giong back to the twolves i can be a fan again.

I agree, I think its a great move by the wolves for their young guys to be mentored by one of the most intense and best defenders ever. feel good story to see kg retire with the team he spent about 14 years with.

+1

Great for Wiggins to be mentored by one of the fiercest competitors ever.

Eagles4Lyfe
02-19-2015, 06:24 PM
Get behind me bra. I said it after the draft, he gets slobbered on so hard , when his teams have done nothing but go one and done in the playoffs.

I was a BC lover and still am, but just like when Nonis took over a Brian Burke built team and they made playoffs and ever since then he drove it downhill, MU is doing the same damn thing.

I don't get why this guy said we have a two year window, sees the bottom feeders getting better and sits there, its like the frigen Jays all over again, we can never win as Toronto sports fans all our GM's are incompetent.

What a waste of a frigen year this is now, knowing were going to be first round fodder.
**** MU such a shame.

I think having a plan and having the patience to wait it out is a sign of a good GM. But if we ignore all else that has happened, he got a great deal for Bargnani. That alone should earn him a longer leash than you're giving him.

What plan?? We have a core in tact with guys all young about to enter their prime, wtf is there to wait for?
This team this year has proven they can keep up and beat the best teams in the league this year, what more proof do we need?
We have an overseas stash, two young guys sitting on the bench getting no minutes, you have a first this year, two firsts next year, 2nd rounders, expirings, a **** ton of cap space and a glaring hole. Wttf is there to wait for???

It was absolutely stupid not adding length to the team and don't feed me the we will sacrifice future crap because we have a ton of future being rotted away on the bench and overseas.

If he has no hope in this roster, wttf is he wasting time for? Just strip it down if you have no hope.

canzano55
02-19-2015, 06:28 PM
I also totally commend the plan to stand pat at the deadline. Let this group play it out. I don't expect to see this team in the NBA finals regardless of a move and I still expect them to win a round.

If there is the feeling that this group can't reach that next level, the off-season is a better time to make a big move. Loads of assets (an intriguing 2016 pick from NY, 2015 pick, 2016 pick, Ross, loads of cap space and maybe even Jonas) are better utilized in the off-season IMO.+1

mike_noodles
02-19-2015, 06:33 PM
What a waste of a frigen year this is now, knowing were going to be first round fodder.
**** MU such a shame.

What plan?? We have a core in tact with guys all young about to enter their prime, wtf is there to wait for?
This team this year has proven they can keep up and beat the best teams in the league this year, what more proof do we need?
We have an overseas stash, two young guys sitting on the bench getting no minutes, you have a first this year, two firsts next year, 2nd rounders, expirings, a **** ton of cap space and a glaring hole. Wttf is there to wait for???

It was absolutely stupid not adding length to the team and don't feed me the we will sacrifice future crap because we have a ton of future being rotted away on the bench and overseas.

If he has no hope in this roster, wttf is he wasting time for? Just strip it down if you have no hope.

First round fodder? I don't think we're first round fodder at all. Not championship material sure, but better than first round fodder.

The plan is to build up to a championship contender, not to fill one area of need in order to win 3 extra games this year, but if you you prefer the Leafs or Jays way of building a contender that's up to you. Blow your load all over the first attractive piece of *** that is made available instead of waiting for the trophy wife that you deserve and can acquire. I'd rather wait than burn assets on pieces that are either redundant or don't fit the need. I would have liked to see an extra big, but it's such a minor move that it's certainly not worth getting pissed off about.

TheHebrewHammer
02-19-2015, 06:38 PM

I understand the frustration and wanting to have something done, but who was moved today that could've appreciably improved the roster for more than one year?

Maybe Kanter? but he would likely get buried for the same reasons as Jonas and would be too expensive to bring back as a bench big.

I dont think this team is great and there are definitely improvements that could be made but the fact is there didnt seem to be that trade out there this deadline, better to wait until the off-season and keep those same assets when the market can be a lot more flexible.

smith&wesson
02-19-2015, 06:39 PM
First round fodder? I don't think we're first round fodder at all. Not championship material sure, but better than first round fodder.

The plan is to build up to a championship contender, not to fill one area of need in order to win 3 extra games this year, but if you you prefer the Leafs or Jays way of building a contender that's up to you. Blow your load all over the first attractive piece of *** that is made available instead of waiting for the trophy wife that you deserve and can acquire. I'd rather wait than burn assets on pieces that are either redundant or don't fit the need. I would have liked to see an extra big, but it's such a minor move that it's certainly not worth getting pissed off about.

we can still adress the need for an extra big. perkins anyone ? maybe bass if he gets bought out. there will be a few options imo.

all we really need is a semi quality big that can give us 15-20 productive mins of the bench to replace TH and Hayes. I think Ujiri will sign someone to fill that need.

JustinTime
02-19-2015, 06:40 PM
Thad never passed Wiggins the ball. I'm sure Wiggins will like Garnett a lot more.

Bennett is probably the happiest to see Thad leave

smith&wesson
02-19-2015, 06:41 PM
I understand the frustration and wanting to have something done, but who was moved today that could've appreciably improved the roster for more than one year?

Maybe Kanter? but he would likely get buried for the same reasons as Jonas and would be too expensive to bring back as a bench big.

I dont think this team is great and there are definitely improvements that could be made but the fact is there didnt seem to be that trade out there this deadline, better to wait until the off-season and keep those same assets when the market can be a lot more flexible.

seems like to me that there were alot of gaurds being made available this year and not to many quality bigs ... so i understand why mu didnt make a move. maybe there just wasnt one out there for a quality big.

Lopez was available, but the nets probably wouldnt engage in trade talks with a division rival.

Eagles4Lyfe
02-19-2015, 06:45 PM

You never answered the question, how are we building a championship contender unless we make trades? Durants FA is a year away, we already have draft picks that don't get burn, we have tons of assets to not sacrifice our future like I just pointed out and the cap is expected to rise big time.

So tell me how are we building a championship team in a conference that's about to get hard as hell and not making big moves, aside from obvious ones?

Masai is all talk with no flash.

Also how are we first round fodder? We all thought we'd beat Brooklyn last year in first round and never won, it's only a matter of time we drop to third or fourth in the conference and have to go through another Brooklyn like time of last year. I was a homer and thought we'd be finals quality with some damn length but now we all as fans know this years a write off.

It didn't even have to be a big move an expiring and a second for a big would've even done it. He's gun shy, that's all it is.

Eagles4Lyfe
02-19-2015, 06:50 PM

Well don't get your hopes up, he won't do **** all in the off season either. The length and rebounding has been an issue for two years now, he didn't correct it this off seasom so what makes you think he will this off season?

His idea of Tyler Hansbrough and his 6"9 *** or whatever it is as a backup center is ****ing laughable.

We could've asked for Thad, who knows what other bigs but any damn big would've done it. Amir needs rest.
It's just a shame but whatever **** will never change for us as fans.

Glenfidish
02-19-2015, 06:50 PM
I think considering last years 7th game lost and how we should have really won, minimum second round or this is a huge disappointment in my books.

You add to the fact that we are having one of the best years in a very long time, I would be ashamed as a player if you lose to those old granny heat or nets. They need to get there heads together and believe those teams are not at there level period.

Two key factors will be demar and ross imo. Everyone else I know will bring there game. If Val plays discipline then he will also be ok.

Demar being the freshest of the bunch having sat out so many games has no excuses. He needs to be dominant from the start of game 1. Not like last year when he got off to a terrible first game. Ross off the bench in my books. JJ starts at the three. Unless ross can turn the second half around. No need to start him. At least I think.

Freakazoid
02-19-2015, 06:53 PM
omg Morey stole KJ McDaniels...better prospect than Ross wtf

Eagles4Lyfe
02-19-2015, 06:59 PM
omg Morey stole KJ McDaniels...better prospect than Ross wtf

Him and Riley are just amazing at the **** they do. Every moce Morey does always works, take this year for example. He got laughed at for letting Parsons go, signing Smoove.
But Ariza, Corey Brewer, the two Euro's and Smith have made that team soo sick. Once Dwight gets healthy they are going to be so scarey.