PDA

View Full Version : Kobe: 2011 Lockout was Designed to Restrict the Lakers -

More-Than-Most
02-17-2015, 01:26 PM
Does he ever not complain or think the world is against him?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/kobe-2011-lockout-was-designed-to-restrict-the-lakers-342097.html

Sly Guy
02-17-2015, 01:49 PM
I think his contract does enough of that already.

lakerfan85
02-17-2015, 03:24 PM
He's right..

D-Leethal
02-17-2015, 03:35 PM
I guess that means the CBA from 1950-2011 was meant to assist the Lakers.

LAcowBOMBER
02-17-2015, 03:36 PM
Cool bash Kobe thread. There aren't as many as there used to be. Now Harden and Lebron get the most unjustified hate.

He gave honest answers on topics that people speculate about all the time. He set the record straight with his thoughts on Shaq and Phil. He talks about some people not wanting to play with him. He talks about sacrificing individual numbers to win championships with Shaq. He talks about what he expects out of teammates and how Kobe gives Shaq credit for teaching him and pushing him. He talks about weaknesses he has as a human being and a husband and a friend.

But from all of that you cherry pick one line and deem him an endless complainer, yeah definitely not a bash thread. What is the discussion on this supposed to be about? People say back and forth that he's a complainer or isn't ?

More-Than-Most
02-17-2015, 03:42 PM
Bash Kobe thread? Its an article on the front page of PSD... Should they take down any news that involves Kobe because the site is starting the bash Kobe Hoopla?

LAcowBOMBER
02-17-2015, 03:52 PM
I explained why it's a bash Kobe thread. There is sooo much more to that article than that quote. Also whats the discussion? You asked if he ever isn't complaining? Yes

/thread

Raidaz4Life
02-17-2015, 03:56 PM
I'd say people are a bit delusional if they think it wasn't. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

More-Than-Most
02-17-2015, 03:56 PM
I explained why it's a bash Kobe thread. There is sooo much more to that article than that quote. Also whats the discussion? You asked if he ever isn't complaining? Yes

/thread

Literally the article states on said page about him thinking the league is out to get them. Its the very first thing that is mentioned. BAN PSD

Teeboy1487
02-17-2015, 04:01 PM
I don't think the league had anything against the Lakers. I think they wanted smaller market teams or the consistently losing teams over the last decade to thrive more. The new CBA was designed to stop overspending and crossing the tax threshold in order for these teams I described to have a chance. Well, I actually agreed with the NBA. The league needs more parity and teams need to start relying on drafts.

I think it's working somewhat. It's refreshing seeing teams like Atlanta, Golden State, Toronto, Washington, and Memphis succeeding. It will only make the league stronger.

I see nothing wrong with signing one free agent or two however, I would love if it's more parity. I know the Big markets are suffering right now but the league have forced them to draft. In the long run I think it's going to pay off. Why you think I'm on the Tank train so hard. The only way to improve is to draft.

One thing I hate though is the formation of superteams that was started by Boston. I think it goes against what the league is trying to accomplish.

Tony_Starks
02-17-2015, 04:03 PM
This isn't really a newsflash. Remember all the posters that were menstruating during the lockout because "the big markets have a unfair advantage"..... or my favorite "let's just make all the other teams the Washington generals." Then when the CP3 trade fist happened people completely lost their damn mind, fans and owners. There was no way the league could let the stars align again for what should've been yet another Laker dynasty....

LAcowBOMBER
02-17-2015, 04:17 PM
Literally the article states on said page about him thinking the league is out to get them. Its the very first thing that is mentioned. BAN PSD

It's definitely click bait. Did you read the article? It's like literally the shortest answer he gives in the whole thing. Also again, what do you want the responses to be? You posed no question other than is he ever not complaining. Yes, he's not always complaining

bleedprple&gold
02-17-2015, 04:47 PM
It wasn't against specifically the Lakers, but big market teams in general.

lakerfan85
02-17-2015, 05:22 PM
There shouldn't be a salary cap anyway..

Sactown
02-17-2015, 06:09 PM
This isn't really a newsflash. Remember all the posters that were menstruating during the lockout because "the big markets have a unfair advantage"..... or my favorite "let's just make all the other teams the Washington generals." Then when the CP3 trade fist happened people completely lost their damn mind, fans and owners. There was no way the league could let the stars align again for what should've been yet another Laker dynasty....

Okay.. the CBA hurt a lot of big markets not just LA.. also the CP3 trade didn't make sense for the hornets and on top of that all the owners in the league would have to pay extra money ( at the time the league owned the hornets and the trade added cap to the hornets) just to let the deal take place... Why would the entire league offer to bring another superstar to LA, devalue the franchise they are trying to sell but getting rid of the centerpiece and hurting their cap space, and making a bad deal when a better one was on the table...

JEDean89
02-17-2015, 06:13 PM
The CBA has worked! More small market parity than ever.

Dade County
02-17-2015, 06:34 PM
I don't think the league had anything against the Lakers. I think they wanted smaller market teams or the consistently losing teams over the last decade to thrive more. The new CBA was designed to stop overspending and crossing the tax threshold in order for these teams I described to have a chance. Well, I actually agreed with the NBA. The league needs more parity and teams need to start relying on drafts.

I think it's working somewhat. It's refreshing seeing teams like Atlanta, Golden State, Toronto, Washington, and Memphis succeeding. It will only make the league stronger.

I see nothing wrong with signing one free agent or two however, I would love if it's more parity. I know the Big markets are suffering right now but the league have forced them to draft. In the long run I think it's going to pay off. Why you think I'm on the Tank train so hard. The only way to improve is to draft.

One thing I hate though is the formation of superteams that was started by Boston. I think it goes against what the league is trying to accomplish.

Bless your soul.

It's cool that the league is giving off the perception that the league is getting more balance... But I like teams that have more then 2 or 3 quality players. So when they do challenge another good team, the game is much more anticipated and exciting.

I'm not falling for this Atl feel good story (the team is up for sale for goodness sake). Cav's/Bulls vs OKC?Spurs.

And Kobe is slightly wrong on this one, the CBA was put in place to stop Pat Riley.

bucketss
02-17-2015, 06:42 PM
the nba has been great ever since.

Tony_Starks
02-17-2015, 06:44 PM

Okay.. the CBA hurt a lot of big markets not just LA.. also the CP3 trade didn't make sense for the hornets and on top of that all the owners in the league would have to pay extra money ( at the time the league owned the hornets and the trade added cap to the hornets) just to let the deal take place... Why would the entire league offer to bring another superstar to LA, devalue the franchise they are trying to sell but getting rid of the centerpiece and hurting their cap space, and making a bad deal when a better one was on the table...

The"league" had interest in the team but the decision making was all Stern. Other owners should've had no input on the decision because of conflict of interest.

At any rate this is stuff that has been talked about endlessly but the bottom line is that the trade was very reasonable, it would've changed the landscape of the league, and it was fresh off a agreement where small market owners were very vocal about the Miami situation and teams like the Lakers and Knicks getting all the Superstars.

It didn't all happen by coincidence...

jerellh528
02-17-2015, 06:47 PM
Holy crap, that articles was 3 pages long and that was only one single statement from a long *** article not even centered on the lockout. Did you even read the article mtm or is this a typical attempt from you at bashing kobe? Hes not even complaining in this article, not sure what you're talking about. This thread might be better received without your biased opening post

JasonJohnHorn
02-17-2015, 09:48 PM
The only thing that stopped the Lakers was injury and chemistry, and the chemistry was about Kobe not meshing with Dwight and driving him out like he drove out Shaq. Them Mitch/Buss mess which sent Gasol looking for a new team.

The Kobe contract isn't even that bad considering what he gets LA in revenue, but man... where the Lakers are at right now has nothing to do with the lock out and every thing to do with a poorly run team.

DemarDerozan
02-17-2015, 10:09 PM
Lebron good... Kobe bad... blah blah blah blah. Steph Curry... belch. Anthony Davis.

That pretty much somes up the past couple months on this forum.

AIRMAR72
02-17-2015, 10:44 PM
He's right..
The Most OVERRATED Basketball player to play in the NBA like I've been saying this since my very first post... Kobe fake Bryant is FINISH

KingstonHawke
02-17-2015, 11:40 PM

You're tripping. That trade made perfect sense for the Hornets considering Paul was demanding his exit. They would've got Dragic, Martin, Odom, Scola and a 1st from the Rockets. That's a much better haul than what they ended up with. The only thing that saved that franchise was the league rigging the lottery (once again) to land them Anthony Davis. The Hornets had a 13.7% chance of winning that lottery. If they end up with MGK or Barnes instead of Davis that team is going to be horrible for a long time. You can't pretend that deal made sense because they got Davis. Fan or not, you have to admit... there were no "basketball reasons".

The league wanted to break up the Lakers dynasty. The other teams that were spending like crazy weren't winning (Knicks, Nets). And then as soon as the deal gets signed, the Lakers start to set up a new and improved dynasty. The owners went crazy, and Stern did what he had to do, and then retired soon after. It all made perfect sense for the NBA. The deal (and draft rigging) single handedly brought the Clippers, Hornets, and Mavs back from the dead financially. And they knew that the Lakers franchise could survive the blow.

numba1CHANGsta
02-18-2015, 12:19 AM
The higher ups of the NBA wanted to end the Kobe era and wanted to begin the LeBron era since he's in his prime which means top ratings, which means more mullah for the NBA

Iron24th
02-18-2015, 12:36 AM
And then lebron started his super team, this is how well it worked.........

HouRealCoach
02-18-2015, 01:28 AM
I didn't find it in the article

Pakman
02-18-2015, 01:42 AM
That cba was the reason they vetoed the chris Paul trade. The owners screamed at David Stern as to how he could allow a trade like that to happen after they just came to an agreement on the cba

HouRealCoach
02-18-2015, 02:03 AM
They also had a team of Kobe, Dwight, Nash, Artest, & Gasol... Whose fault was it DWight left and no one else could stay injured? Not the CBA's

Chrisclover
02-18-2015, 05:41 AM
I guess that means the CBA from 1950-2011 was meant to assist the Lakers.
Oh yea. The new CBA is meant to restrict the big markets for the sake of the healthy and sustainable development of the entire league. Lakers are doomed to be affected, which is no doubt. Kobe just spoke that out. His words may seem arrogant and conspiracist but this is who he is --a Laker for life and an uncompromising and haughty fighter.