Spurs @ Clippers- Thursday 10:30 TNT

Raptors @ Hawks- Friday 7:30

Cavs @ Wizards- Friday 8:00 ESPN

Rockets @ Mavs- Friday 8:30

Spurs @ Warriors- Friday 10:30 ESPN

Suns @ Bulls- Saturday 8:00

Raptors @ Bulls- Saturday 8:00

Grizzlies @ Blazers- Sunday 9:00

idk the Bulls were going to honor Mr.Cub by playing 2.

kdspurman
02-17-2015, 05:34 PM
idk the Bulls were going to honor Mr.Cub by playing 2.

Thanks lol... Fixed.

Ezio
02-18-2015, 12:01 AM
Thanks lol... Fixed.

NP, I thought that was Sunday's game tbh.

Goose17
02-18-2015, 12:03 PM
Spurs are a great test for the Dubs. We've played terrible the last few games running up to the ASW. Hopefully they've got their **** together and come out strong.

kdspurman
02-18-2015, 12:34 PM
Spurs are a great test for the Dubs. We've played terrible the last few games running up to the ASW. Hopefully they've got their **** together and come out strong.

When we played you guys earlier this season, it was the 2nd night of a B2B after facing the Clips. This time, it's the exact same thing lol Could work in their favor since they get a game against the Clips to get into rhythm again. Or GS could come out firing on all cylinders. Who knows

Vee-Rex
02-18-2015, 02:02 PM
Interested in seeing how the Dubs do going forward. They've had the easiest schedule of every team in the league so far.

Reality is going to definitely kick in for them and the Hawks, especially the latter.

lol, please
02-19-2015, 01:34 AM
Can't wait for the Dubs to run the Spurs off the court in a thriller. :faint:

Saddletramp
02-19-2015, 01:46 AM
Can wait for the Dubs to run the Spurs off the court in a thriller. :faint:

So, are the Spurs going to be run off the court or will this game be a "thriller"? And you can wait? Why would you tell us that you can wait?

lol, please
02-19-2015, 01:53 AM
So, are the Spurs going to be run off the court or will this game be a "thriller"? And you can wait? Why would you tell us that you can wait?
Longest way to comunicate a typo, ever. :hide: Thanks though. lol.

Chronz
02-19-2015, 03:12 PM
Thats no typo, thats incoherent

Saddletramp
02-19-2015, 03:17 PM

Just leave it alone, Chronz. He has no idea what we're talking about.

lol, please
02-19-2015, 03:58 PM
It was a typo, caused by the auto complete on my smartphone, lol.

leprechaun5
02-19-2015, 10:18 PM
Westbrook is a man on a mission tonight.

kdspurman
02-19-2015, 10:20 PM
Mavs are missing a ton of open looks tonight. Getting a lot of good looks.

Oh, and its obvious why Rondo was begging Dirk to rebound lol

Chronz
02-19-2015, 10:34 PM
Mavs are missing a ton of open looks tonight. Getting a lot of good looks.

Oh, and its obvious why Rondo was begging Dirk to rebound lol
You really think so? Anyone in particular standing out? I feel like they are rushing their offense. Rondo made a nice pass earlier that some guy bobbled, aside from that they are surrendering open looks to him, hes not capitalizing right now and its putting more pressure on the rest of the guys.

What you mean on the 2nd point?

kdspurman
02-19-2015, 10:54 PM
You really think so? Anyone in particular standing out? I feel like they are rushing their offense. Rondo made a nice pass earlier that some guy bobbled, aside from that they are surrendering open looks to him, hes not capitalizing right now and its putting more pressure on the rest of the guys.

What you mean on the 2nd point?

Dirk and Parsons mostly. Rushed probably, you're right. But lot of open shots in the first quarter especially.

2nd point was cause Dirk just got outworked/hustled on a couple plays. Was only partly serious, but seemed appropriate to bring it up

Verbal Christ
02-19-2015, 10:56 PM
has parsons lived up to his max contract so far?

zn23
02-19-2015, 11:03 PM
Westbrook is killing Rondo. He's a lot better than him and always has been.

kdspurman
02-19-2015, 11:50 PM
Ugh, Reggie miller game...

Looking for parker to bounce back

kdspurman
02-19-2015, 11:57 PM
Wow....

kdspurman
02-20-2015, 12:03 AM
Guys have to learn not to be cute with the ball around Kawhi. Especially someone like Barnes

kdspurman
02-20-2015, 12:05 AM
Reggie suggesting duncan foul Jordan when he has a foul already. My god...

Tanakid777
02-20-2015, 12:42 AM
Hawes put the drop toe hold on Baynes

kdspurman
02-20-2015, 12:52 AM
The calls thus far -_-

goingfor28
02-20-2015, 12:56 AM
Pop and DJ just made that the most boring 2nd Q ever.

zB_#85
02-20-2015, 01:37 AM
Need NBA Sim leaguers. Few open spots need an activity boost VM me if interested.

kdspurman
02-20-2015, 01:58 AM
Crawford falling after a 3 with no contact should constitute as a flop.

Method28
02-20-2015, 01:59 AM
Wow this game has picked up on the 2nd half. Exciting basketball 👍

kdspurman
02-20-2015, 02:02 AM
Double foul :laugh2:

DillyDill
02-20-2015, 02:09 AM
Hack a DJ could last until 2 min mark?

FlashBolt
02-20-2015, 02:12 AM
DeAndre has been on a fricking godlike mode lately.. what the hell. This guy got snubbed and he's dominating without BG...

FlashBolt
02-20-2015, 02:18 AM
27 free throws. I'm glad I just started watching the game.

kdspurman
02-20-2015, 02:30 AM
Clips gonna win, but not a bad game for Timmy, the non deserving all star to some

Clippersfan86
02-20-2015, 03:25 AM
Did he deserve it over DJ?

Goose17
02-20-2015, 09:30 AM
DJ is a beast. And he's smart as well. He doesn't try to force anything or take bad shots. He just cleans up any mistakes and takes the easy buckets. Plays within the system. I genuinely think he's quickly becoming a franchise level center. Not quite there yet but definitely heading in that direction.

Free agent this year though. He's going to be PAID. After all that talk about him being overpaid as well. Smh.

kdspurman
02-20-2015, 09:56 AM
Did he deserve it over DJ?

i do, but i already know where you stand on the subject

Clippersfan86
02-20-2015, 10:53 AM
DJ is a beast. And he's smart as well. He doesn't try to force anything or take bad shots. He just cleans up any mistakes and takes the easy buckets. Plays within the system. I genuinely think he's quickly becoming a franchise level center. Not quite there yet but definitely heading in that direction.

Free agent this year though. He's going to be PAID. After all that talk about him being overpaid as well. Smh.

I don't even want to try to comprehend if you guys had him right now and if Clippers didn't match. I know Bogus is the more consistent defender but DJ is an ironman. He's never injured. Scary to think of DJ in that already amazing GS starting 5.

Goose17
02-20-2015, 12:14 PM
I don't even want to try to comprehend if you guys had him right now and if Clippers didn't match. I know Bogus is the more consistent defender but DJ is an ironman. He's never injured. Scary to think of DJ in that already amazing GS starting 5.

Only thing I give Bogut over DJ is the consistency on defense and the fact he's such a good passer for his position.

DJ is going to end up the better player (if he stays healthy).

ThuglifeJ
02-20-2015, 12:22 PM
Spurs will still easily win the NBA championship again this year.

lol, please
02-20-2015, 12:26 PM
Dubs say hi

ThuglifeJ
02-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Dubs say hi

If healthy they are still head and shoulders above everyone.

They just want you to think they've magically forgotten their formula.

Clippersfan86
02-20-2015, 01:06 PM
Lol, no. It's gonna be Hawks, Warriors, Grizzlies or Cavs hoisting that trophy. Has any 7 seed in NBA history won a ring?

Goose17
02-20-2015, 01:08 PM

"Easily" is a bit of a stretch. Memphis, Golden State and even Portland will push them.

For the chip I think it will come down to Spurs, Dubs and Grizz. OKC are a dark horse. Houston aren't built for a deep run. Clippers have health issues (when is Blake actually due back?) And Portland IMO aren't quite deep enough, you never know though.

It's still pretty open. Spurs are one of the safer bets though, if there is such a thing in the west.

Goose17
02-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Out East. I'm not sure. Hawks seem the obvious pick. I'm personally still not convinced by Cavs. A lot of guys on their roster have never even played in the post season (including their 2nd and 3rd options on offense). Bulls might be able to make a push and I still like D.C and Torn to for dark horses.

kdspurman
02-20-2015, 01:17 PM
Lol, no. It's gonna be Hawks, Warriors, Grizzlies or Cavs hoisting that trophy. Has any 7 seed in NBA history won a ring?

Wait, the seasons over? The standings are changing on a nightly basis lol. I feel pretty safe with saying they will be a top 3-4 seed at seasons end

kdspurman
02-20-2015, 01:20 PM
"Easily" is a bit of a stretch. Memphis, Golden State and even Portland will push them.

For the chip I think it will come down to Spurs, Dubs and Grizz. OKC are a dark horse. Houston aren't built for a deep run. Clippers have health issues (when is Blake actually due back?) And Portland IMO aren't quite deep enough, you never know though.

It's still pretty open. Spurs are one of the safer bets though, if there is such a thing in the west.

Definitely... Nothing will come easy. For me, just after seeing what they did and the level they reached in the WCF (last 2 games)/Finals, is enough reason for me to think they have as good a shot, and like you said it'll probably be them, GS, or the Grizz.

Last year, people went nuts cause the Spurs were losing to the "elite" teams, and post all star break, they went 24-5 and showed in the playoffs that didn't matter. I still find it funny how some people can overreact so much during the regular season

Clippersfan86
02-20-2015, 01:23 PM
KD you know it too. Spurs look like they dropped off bad this year. When was last time they were sitting at the 7 seed post ASW? 15 years? Team finally took the dip many expected for last 3-4 years that they defied. Before they had glimpses, but this year we've seen too little to really assume all is well. Do I think they may be in mix by year end? Sure. Do I think anyone should act like they are the favorites over the 4 teams I mentioned? Nope.

kdspurman
02-20-2015, 01:40 PM
KD you know it too. Spurs look like they dropped off bad this year. When was last time they were sitting at the 7 seed post ASW? 15 years? Team finally took the dip many expected for last 3-4 years that they defied. Before they had glimpses, but this year we've seen too little to really assume all is well. Do I think they may be in mix by year end? Sure. Do I think anyone should act like they are the favorites over the 4 teams I mentioned? Nope.

You know why have the record they do?

Leonard- 18
Belinelli- 19
Parker- 13
Splitter- 24
Mills- 31

Those are the guys who have missed significant time. (games missed is the #) It's why we have used the most starting lineups of anyone. The biggest one, is obviously Leonard. We've seen what kind of team they are with/without him. (They went 9-9 with him out.They went 8-8 with him out last year.) There's been several articles written on how different they are with/without him. No need to beat that in the head, but FYI... (from last month)

http://i60.tinypic.com/vrbhno.jpg

Now, keep in mind, they played 18 games in December while they had these injuries. 18 in 31 days.. 5 sets of B2B's, and several 3 games in 4 nights scenarios. Again, with all or most of those guys injured .
And despite that all of that, like I said before, they are what 3-4 games back of the 3 seed? They'll finish off the season with 14 home games & 8 away. 2 of those home games coming against lottery bound teams.

That December stretch put them in the position they are. And in the big picture, they are just getting everyone healthy and will play 6 straight at home after this rodeo road trip. If you want to think the drop off is because they're finally falling off like they were supposed to be the last 3 years according to everyone, be my guest. But in fairness, you're ignoring why they took this dip. And like I said, (and I should have specified) IF they stay healthy (mainly Kawhi) I expect them to be a top 3-4 seed when it's all said and done. I could be wrong, but I have no reason to think otherwise.

Miltstar
02-20-2015, 08:18 PM
some big games in the East tonight, TOR/ATL, WAS/CLE about as good as you can get in our conference!

Giannis94
02-20-2015, 09:21 PM
some big games in the East tonight, TOR/ATL, WAS/CLE about as good as you can get in our conference!

Mil vs. Denver is a pretty huge game. Need to show the NBA what their overlooking

ThuglifeJ
02-20-2015, 09:30 PM

This is what Popovich wants you to think.

ThuglifeJ
02-20-2015, 09:36 PM

I can mostly agree here. I think GS is the best team and most exciting (lucky you guys) but come playoff time things don't get faster and I think Spurs would beat them for sure. They also manhandled the Blazers last year..I don't think twice about that matchup.

GS should wipe through everyone in the league but Spurs and Memphis are their kryptonite. Hopefully they only have to face one of them to survive.

I agree with your 4 picks though. I can't see anyone else there at the end.

ThuglifeJ
02-20-2015, 09:42 PM

I'm just saying I won't be the one shocked or in awe when the Spurs are plowing through teams in the playoffs.

They are so clearly coasting its not even funny. Popovich is a master manipulator and you've been manipulated bud. He wants everyone to think exactly what you're thinking. The trained eye won't fall for this.

ThuglifeJ
02-20-2015, 09:44 PM

Mil vs. Denver is a pretty huge game. Need to show the NBA what their overlooking

..lol

zn23
02-20-2015, 10:16 PM
Raps killing the Hawks. Looks like the Hawks didn't prepare after the All-star break.

After this game Raps win series 3-1.

Miltstar
02-20-2015, 10:39 PM
Raps killing the Hawks. Looks like the Hawks didn't prepare after the All-star break.

After this game Raps win series 3-1.

Just Sh**** all over them... too many people counting the Raps out in the Playoffs... they forget how we had a major injury to our best player... Raps Vs Cavs ECF

DillyDill
02-20-2015, 10:42 PM
Hack a Drumm

DaBear
02-20-2015, 10:43 PM
Bulls :sigh:

Miltstar
02-20-2015, 10:44 PM
Washington the biggest pretender in the East

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-20-2015, 10:56 PM
The Bipolar Bulls

lol, please
02-20-2015, 11:00 PM
The Bipolar Bulls
Rose will lead the way, to the finals

Giannis94
02-20-2015, 11:18 PM
Washington the biggest pretender in the East

You know who the biggest contender is?

Miltstar
02-20-2015, 11:23 PM
You know who the biggest contender is?

As much as I hate to say it it's the Cavs... Lebron is the only one who's been there and done that

Giannis94
02-20-2015, 11:27 PM
As much as I hate to say it it's the Cavs... Lebron is the only one who's been there and done that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKVpOAzlYww

zn23
02-20-2015, 11:30 PM
It's funny cause whenever I watched the Wizards play this season, and it's mainly been against the top teams, they've come up short in all of those games. Now this is a small sample size of like 10 games or so. But they've still managed to hold onto the 3rd spot in the eastern Conference. I swear they've lost to every good team they've faced lol (Ok, not totally true).

They must have the easiest schedule in the entire league. I give them props they're beating the teams they're supposed to beat.

FlashBolt
02-20-2015, 11:34 PM
Cleveland showing everyone why they are going to the NBA Finals.

Miltstar
02-20-2015, 11:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKVpOAzlYww

It's certainly not the bucks, if that's what you're trying to say... ECF will be 2 of Raps/Cavs/Bulls

Bucks traded away one of their best players and are already without the other for the rest of the season

ThuglifeJ
02-20-2015, 11:38 PM
Josh. Smith. Lol.

lol, please
02-20-2015, 11:38 PM
Cleveland showing everyone why they are going to the NBA Finals.
Not sure if serious here...cavs are first round exit material.

FlashBolt
02-20-2015, 11:39 PM

That's a great analysis by you! Such a great argument. You've truly convinced me that they are a first round exit team! Great job. Another reason why some people shouldn't post.

lol, please
02-20-2015, 11:41 PM
That's a great analysis by you! Such a great argument. You've truly convinced me that they are a first round exit team! Great job. Another reason why some people shouldn't post.
Not every post requires the foundation of empirical data here, it's a game discussion thread not a report. Its called an opinion. Crazy, i know.

Miltstar
02-20-2015, 11:42 PM

dude, they are 15 of their last 17. A much better team since their trades. I don't know if they'll catch the Hawks but as a Raps fan I am much more afraid of Cleveland than I am Atlanta

on a side note, I just looked over the Rockets roster and aside from Houston they look like *******!!! Dwight can't get back fast enough, I think Toronto makes easy work of them tomrorrow night.

lol, please
02-20-2015, 11:43 PM
dude, they are 15 of their last 17. A much better team since their trades. I don't know if they'll catch the Hawks but as a Raps fan I am much more afraid of Cleveland than I am Atlanta

on a side note, I just looked over the Rockets roster and aside from Houston they look like *******!!! Dwight can't get back fast enough, I think Toronto makes easy work of them tomrorrow night.
I agree about the Rockets. Just not enough depth, can't always rely on hero ball

FlashBolt
02-20-2015, 11:43 PM
Not every post requires the foundation of empirical data here, it's a gamr discussion thread not a report. Its xalled an opinion. Crazy, iknow.

I say they are going to the Finals. You say they are a first round exit. Since you're replying to my post, you should post a reason why instead of using one of those generic responses. You just can't debate. You do that in every single thread where you simply piggyback another individual's post and write, "I agree." Simply put, do you have a reason as to why they will be a first round exit? If not, you're just posting nonsense... for the 33,968th time.

lol, please
02-20-2015, 11:47 PM
I say they are going to the Finals. You say they are a first round exit. Since you're replying to my post, you should post a reason why instead of using one of those generic responses. You just can't debate. You do that in every single thread where you simply piggyback another individual's post and write, "I agree." Simply put, do you have a reason as to why they will be a first round exit? If not, you're just posting nonsense... for the 33,968th time.
Large exaggeration here, I back my statements with facts and advanced metrics when I am in a position to do so, sadly 75% of my posts are during commutes, or from brief moments of distraction at work, both when I am on my phone and when I don't have the ability to pull up basketball - reference and pull some numbers or articles.

Miltstar
02-20-2015, 11:48 PM
Not every post requires the foundation of empirical data here, it's a game discussion thread not a report. Its called an opinion. Crazy, i know.

who's gonna beat Cleveland in the first round? Washington, Miami, Milwuakee, Charlotte, Brooklyn, Detroit, Indiana or Boston???....

ya... Cleveland is making it past the first round

FlashBolt
02-20-2015, 11:49 PM
Large exaggeration here, I back my statements with facts and advanced metrics when I am in a position to do so, sadly 75% of my posts are during commutes, or from brief moments of distraction at work, both when I am on my phone and when I don't have the ability to pull up basketball - reference and pull some numbers or articles.

So you still have no explanation as to why they would be a first round exit... Thanks for playing. As for your "facts", what facts? You just said Cleveland will be a first round exit because it is your "opinion." Wtf are you talking about?

lol, please
02-20-2015, 11:53 PM
So you still have no explanation as to why they would be a first round exit... Thanks for playing.
None whatsoever. That was solely based on my hatred for i-cant-lead-my-team-to-a-championship-so-i-will-piggyback-off-of-other-stars lebron.

lol, please
02-20-2015, 11:54 PM
Dubs setting the tone early.

lol, please
02-20-2015, 11:57 PM
Offensive foul. A call goes the Warriors way? Weird

FlashBolt
None whatsoever. That was solely based on my hatred for i-cant-lead-my-team-to-a-championship-so-i-will-piggyback-off-of-other-stars lebron.

Thanks for proving my point.

lol, please
Iggy is wet!!!

lol, please
02-20-2015, 11:59 PM
You knew it was a spite post all along, lol. Warriors game is on now, just needed the thread riled up before it gets loud in here. ROARacle is in the house!!! :cheer:

Leeeeets goooooo waaaaaarriors

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:01 AM
Flagrant on ginobli

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:02 AM
DLEE the white Chris webber! :faint:

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:03 AM
Lee is wet!

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:03 AM
Curry for 3!!!

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:05 AM
I love Barbosa energy

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:06 AM
Spurs don't want none of the Warriors in the playoffs.

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:09 AM
Barbosa is wet!

ThuglifeJ
02-21-2015, 12:12 AM
Chill man, this aint the Warriors forum's game thread. Idc if Lee hits 5 shots in a row, he's not wet. Neither is Iggy. Ever.

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:15 AM
Just another night the dubs will have to beat both the refs and the other team, looks like. They should count games where we also have to beat the refs as 1.5 wins instead of just 1 win.

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:19 AM
Offensive foul.

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:19 AM
That ball movement! Klay with the dagger

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:20 AM
2 down. Spurs just won't miss. That was an unnecessary turnover.

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:25 AM
Refs were bought. No other explanation.

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:27 AM
Klay effing Thompson!!!

Miltstar
02-21-2015, 12:29 AM
You knew it was a spite post all along, lol. Warriors game is on now, just needed the thread riled up before it gets loud in here. ROARacle is in the house!!! :cheer:

Leeeeets goooooo waaaaaarriors

Whenever a Warriors game is on these threads just turn into you talking about dudes being "wet" (not sure what that means when directed towards a male but if it's anything similar to a female I certainly don't want to know what you're thinking!)

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:30 AM
Whenever a Warriors game is on these threads just turn into you talking about dudes being "wet" (not sure what that means when directed towards a male but if it's anything similar to a female I certainly don't want to know what you're thinking!)
It's Google-able.

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:32 AM
Love the fire the dubs and dubstitutes are playing with right now!!

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:33 AM
Barnes just got wet, for milstar. :laugh2:

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:36 AM
Flagrant on curry. :facepalm:

nastynice
02-21-2015, 12:40 AM
Solid finish to the half. Not sure how to feel given that geriatric spurs are on a 2nd of back to back, and it's showing

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:40 AM
Great way to end the half. Need to smother the spurs defensively after halftime and show them who is class of the nba.

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:44 AM
Just saw some monta Ellis magic on highlights. :faint: mavs are the truth.

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:45 AM
Solid finish to the half. Not sure how to feel given that geriatric spurs are on a 2nd of back to back, and it's showing
They are just hitting everything. Over 50% last I saw. Need to contest every shot and inhale rebounds, as Fitz would say.

nastynice
02-21-2015, 12:47 AM
They are just hitting everything. Over 50% last I saw. Need to contest every shot and inhale rebounds, as Fitz would say.
Yea, but half the reason is cuz every shot is like 3ft from the basket. Defense definitely needs to pick up, help quicker

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:48 AM
Yea, but half the reason is cuz every shot is like 3ft from the basket. Defense definitely needs to pick up, help quicker
They also hit several wide open 3s, but agreed.

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:57 AM
And 1 curry!!!!

lol, please
02-21-2015, 01:03 AM
Good job green!

lol, please
02-21-2015, 01:10 AM
Dubs set the tone. Time to put the nail in the coffin.

lol, please
02-21-2015, 01:16 AM
Lee with the steal, then barnes!

nastynice
02-21-2015, 01:19 AM
Damn, spurs are resilient man. Old bastards won't just go away! lol

lol, please
02-21-2015, 01:22 AM
Vintage lee! :faint: then iggy for 3!

nastynice
02-21-2015, 01:23 AM
Yea baby!! Here we go, let's end it!!

nastynice
02-21-2015, 01:25 AM
There we go, this is what we needed!! The SA curse will be broken tonight!

nastynice
02-21-2015, 01:26 AM
Vintage lee! :faint: then iggy for 3!
Lee dunking like a sav, lol. Didn't expect that

lol, please
02-21-2015, 01:27 AM
Lee dunking like a sav, lol. Didn't expect that
This is our season nastynice!! :cheers: championship or bust!

curtcocaine
02-21-2015, 01:28 AM
We need this win for the playoffs, more for a mental aspect.

nastynice
02-21-2015, 01:34 AM
This is our season nastynice!! :cheers: championship or bust!

:nod:

Still not entirely comfortable with spurs, but it does feel good to know we can play like this vs them.

Memphis tho...

goingfor28
02-21-2015, 01:41 AM
Flash straight killing lol in here :laugh2:

kdspurman
02-21-2015, 01:48 AM
first 20 mins of the game is what i thought itd be. close game, mini runs by both teams. spurs couldnt keep up with the big run to end the 2nd. thats where this got away. good game dubs.

Tony_Starks
02-21-2015, 02:07 AM

You do realize the difference between 3rd place and 7th is only 3 games right? The Spurs will be just fine, I'd be way more concerned about your Clippers who actually need home court in the playoffs.....

Vee-Rex
02-21-2015, 02:11 AM

Dude backpedaled and just said he was full of ****, and that it's all because he's a Lebron hater. Posters like him disappear when their team is losing. With Dragic gone, I don't see Phoenix catching OKC for the 8th spot. Warriors may have to face the Thunder or Spurs in the first round. Scary.

Can't wait until the Warrors play the Cavs in Cleveland on Thursday. If he or anyone else thinks Cleveland is a first round exit or some nobodies they're in for a surprise.

Bulls and Raptors scare me most as a Cavs fan in the East. Wizards just don't have it and I never jumped on the Hawks bandwagon.

lol, please
02-21-2015, 02:28 AM
Flash straight killing lol in here :laugh2:
How? Because I took a shot at the cavs and really just lebron? Lol. I was at the bar and wasn't going to back any statement up further even if I had a serious point to make, I was missing enough basketball just posting one liners on tapatalk. He's got nothin.

lol, please
02-21-2015, 02:30 AM
Great win by the dubs tonight. :clap: can't wait til we play the cavs and bring them and vee-rex down to earth.

FlashBolt
02-21-2015, 02:42 AM
How? Because I took a shot at the cavs and really just lebron? Lol. I was at the bar and wasn't going to back any statement up further even if I had a serious point to make, I was missing enough basketball just posting one liners on tapatalk. He's got nothin.

You're in a bar and you spam PSD with Warrior updates when no one is even replying to it? Must be lonely.

lol, please
02-21-2015, 02:46 AM
You're in a bar and you spam PSD with Warrior updates when no one is even replying to it? Must be lonely.
I always do it wherever I can watch a game, whether I am with people or not. PSD is a community I love and have been a part of, so even if I was technically alone physically at the bar, I am never alone when on PSD. :) I make play by play commentary for all sports events i watch if possible.

Deception
02-21-2015, 03:08 AM
I always do it wherever I can watch a game, whether I am with people or not. PSD is a community I love and have been a part of, so even if I was technically alone physically at the bar, I am never alone when on PSD. :) I make play by play commentary for all sports events i watch if possible.

So why don't you do us a favor and leave the play by plays for the Warriors forum, I honestly doubt anyone cares about your play by plays spamming the public GameThread

lol, please
02-21-2015, 03:13 AM
So why don't you do us a favor and leave the play by plays for the Warriors forum, I honestly doubt anyone cares about your play by plays spamming the public GameThread
No one forces you to read. :shrug: people are entitled to show emotion for their teams on here, no rules against it, sorry.

Deception
02-21-2015, 03:14 AM
No one forces you to read. :shrug: people are entitled to show emotion for their teams on here, no rules against it, sorry.

lol, please

lol, please
02-21-2015, 03:16 AM
lol, please
Yep, I fully embrace my name change. :laugh2: it was a long battle to pick something SI would take and that I would enjoy also.

Lakers + Giants
02-21-2015, 04:35 AM
Yep, I fully embrace my name change. :laugh2: it was a long battle to pick something SI would take and that I would enjoy also.

Should've gone with lol, dodgers. :p

lol phillies was good and all but theyve been irrelevant for a while.

goingfor28
02-21-2015, 05:48 AM
Phillies haven't been relevant since 09

Saddletramp
02-21-2015, 07:03 AM
lol, please is singlehandedly killing the game day thread. Just go away.

Miltstar
02-21-2015, 10:58 AM
lol, please is singlehandedly killing the game day thread. Just go away.

+1 ... now who do you think would win if they each had to amputate a limb. Klay Thompson or James Harden?? GO

lol, please
02-21-2015, 11:05 AM
Should've gone with lol, dodgers. [emoji14]

lol phillies was good and all but theyve been irrelevant for a while.
That's why I ended up switching. :sad2:

lol, please
02-21-2015, 11:07 AM
+1 ... now who do you think would win if they each had to amputate a limb. Klay Thompson or James Harden?? GO
I will ignore the sarcasm and respond as if it was a serious question: klay because he could defend better with one hand. :whistle:

lol, please
02-21-2015, 11:36 AM
Raptors at rockets should be a great game, and I will be able to watch it, a rarity this season with how work has been thus far, but I'll take it. Don't have time to look at standings at the moment but if there are any playoff implications for Toronto the game just got that much more appealing to me. Raptors are one of the few teams I like and want to succeed in the east.

Miltstar
02-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Raptors at rockets should be a great game, and I will be able to watch it, a rarity this season with how work has been thus far, but I'll take it. Don't have time to look at standings at the moment but if there are any playoff implications for Toronto the game just got that much more appealing to me. Raptors are one of the few teams I like and want to succeed in the east.

Raptors are locked into the top 4 being 14.5 games ahead of Brooklyn in the Atlantic, obviously we want to catch Atlanta and stay ahead of Cleveland, Chicago and Washington but no major implications. Houston just doesn't look like that great of team to me. If James Johnson can lock down Harden and we don't shoot ourselves out of it it should be an easy win.

Vampirate
02-21-2015, 12:15 PM
Raptors are locked into the top 4 being 14.5 games ahead of Brooklyn in the Atlantic, obviously we want to catch Atlanta and stay ahead of Cleveland, Chicago and Washington but no major implications. Houston just doesn't look like that great of team to me. If James Johnson can lock down Harden and we don't shoot ourselves out of it it should be an easy win.

Don't get overconfident, there's no such thing as an easy win against a Western Conference opponent who'll make the playoffs.

lol, please
02-21-2015, 12:33 PM
This is one of those moments when not having a solid app for basketball - reference makes me livid. I wish I could check the projected wins for the raptors and see how they have played against the Rockets this season without opening chrome on my note III

Miltstar
02-21-2015, 12:48 PM
This is one of those moments when not having a solid app for basketball - reference makes me livid. I wish I could check the projected wins for the raptors and see how they have played against the Rockets this season without opening chrome on my note III

This is the first match up this season

SF8
02-21-2015, 08:38 PM
Isn't today Norris Cole's return to Miami?

I wonder if they will have like a tribute video or something for him.

archdevil84
02-21-2015, 09:01 PM
oughh... that is tough, another injury on the same shoulder for AD

archdevil84
02-21-2015, 09:02 PM
Isn't today Norris Cole's return to Miami?

I wonder if they will have like a tribute video or something for him.

they did have a tribute video but they didnt show it. he got a nice ovation though

archdevil84
02-21-2015, 09:17 PM
there goes ryan anderson. this is a horrible game for the pelicans...

lol, please
02-21-2015, 09:28 PM
Pelicans are a better team than they look today imo

zn23
02-21-2015, 09:57 PM
Unbelievable what's happening with the Raptors 13 turnovers halfway through the 2nd quarter. Rockets are protecting the rim well with 6 blocks but the Raps are just playing so careless.

archdevil84
02-21-2015, 10:26 PM
miami just cant do anything right today....

archdevil84
02-21-2015, 10:38 PM
ugh... that loss against the sixers was so ugly. dont want to be remember anything of that

Greg.
02-21-2015, 10:43 PM
Does anyone find Joey Crawford a competent ref or is it just accepted that he's a *******?

mightybosstone
02-21-2015, 11:34 PM
Huge win for the Rockets tonight. That second unit played phenomenal basketball. I wish they played like that every night. I know Brewer is a free agent after this season, but I'd love if Houston re-signed him in the offseason.

lol, please
02-22-2015, 12:00 AM
Ugh, looks like I missed the Raptors game.

mightybosstone
02-22-2015, 12:08 AM

How'd that easy win work out for ya?

Clippersfan86
02-22-2015, 12:11 AM
DJ has 11 and 15 and it's not even halftime... and people doubt this dude is worth max lol. He's on pace for another 20/20 game which would be his 4th in a row if not for a 26/18 effort to break up streak.

Clippersfan86
02-22-2015, 12:11 AM
how'd that easy win work out for ya?

lmao.

Miltstar
02-22-2015, 01:06 AM
How'd that easy win work out for ya?

I didn't realize sweet Lou was out, he woulda made the difference, just an awful game by both teams. Some of the ugliest basketball I've seen in a long time

Tony_Starks
02-22-2015, 01:08 AM
DJ has 11 and 15 and it's not even halftime... and people doubt this dude is worth max lol. He's on pace for another 20/20 game which would be his 4th in a row if not for a 26/18 effort to break up streak.

People forget there's two sides of a basketball court. It amazes me how DJ is always left out of the top center conversation. He's a guy who knows his limits and sticks to his strengths.

If you could put his attitude in Dwight Howard you would have a complete monster!

Tony_Starks
02-22-2015, 01:10 AM

Houston is not very impressive at all but easy win? From the Raptors? Whoa Kimosabee!

lol, please
02-22-2015, 01:10 AM
I didn't realize sweet Lou was out, he woulda made the difference, just an awful game by both teams. Some of the ugliest basketball I've seen in a long time
Agreed.

Miltstar
02-22-2015, 01:11 AM
Ugh, looks like I missed the Raptors game.

be glad you missed it, just sloppy, awful basketball... Raptors had like 20 turnovers in the first half alone and Houston wasn't far behind

Miltstar
02-22-2015, 01:14 AM
Houston is not very impressive at all but easy win? From the Raptors? Whoa Kimosabee!

If Lou Williams was playing we win that game. We had no one to steady the offense and we just ended up too frustrated from all the hacking and flopping Houston was doing. The game was borderline out of control, refs were letting a little too much go

lol, please
02-22-2015, 01:15 AM
be glad you missed it, just sloppy, awful basketball... Raptors had like 20 turnovers in the first half alone and Houston wasn't far behind
If you take away the turnovers and Lou plays, you probably take this game and the narrative is different

goingfor28
02-22-2015, 01:20 AM
Can't use Lou Will being out as an excuse. Dwight is out for Hou as well, and he's a much bigger missing piece than Lou is

Miltstar
02-22-2015, 01:23 AM
Can't use Lou Will being out as an excuse. Dwight is out for Hou as well, and he's a much bigger missing piece than Lou is

I knew Dwight was out when I made that statement, if I knew Lou was out I wouldn't have called it an easy win.

mightybosstone
02-22-2015, 01:28 AM

If Lou Williams was playing we win that game. We had no one to steady the offense and we just ended up too frustrated from all the hacking and flopping Houston was doing. The game was borderline out of control, refs were letting a little too much go

If you take away the turnovers and Lou plays, you probably take this game and the narrative is different

You guys feel that? It feels like it's raining excuses in here. That game was not remotely close in the second half. And you can play the Lou Williams card, but I assure you that Dwight Howard is a much, much more valuable missing piece. Toronto is a pretty good basketball team, but I'll take a 100 percent healthy Rockets team over a 100 percent healthy Raptors team seven days a week and twice on Sunday.

Tony_Starks
02-22-2015, 01:45 AM

I love Lou Wills game but if you're hanging your hat on him you are in deep deep trouble sir....

Saddletramp
02-22-2015, 05:59 AM
If you take away the turnovers and Dwight plays, you definitely lose this game and the narrative is totally the same

Works both ways, bro.

Goose17
02-22-2015, 07:57 AM
Chill man, this aint the Warriors forum's game thread. Idc if Lee hits 5 shots in a row, he's not wet. Neither is Iggy. Ever.

"wet" just means splashing shots (or as we called it when I was growing up, swish). If you make multiple clean shots in a row where it's nothing but net, you're "wet". (Think about it ...splash... wet).

Personally I hate it because of the other connotations (makes it sound like Lee is turned on). Not sure why water is such a big thing in american slang when it comes to basketball (make it rain, splash, wet)

Any player can get "wet". I don't see what your issue is. And Iguodala was definitely wet. Highly unusual but he was splashing shots from everywhere.

mightybosstone
02-22-2015, 10:30 AM

"wet" just means splashing shots (or as we called it when I was growing up, swish). If you make multiple clean shots in a row where it's nothing but net, you're "wet". (Think about it ...splash... wet).

Personally I hate it because of the other connotations (makes it sound like Lee is turned on). Not sure why water is such a big thing in american slang when it comes to basketball (make it rain, splash, wet)

Any player can get "wet". I don't see what your issue is. And Iguodala was definitely wet. Highly unusual but he was splashing shots from everywhere.

I hate it because you can go into any game thread the night of a Warriors game and lolplease will have at least 2-3 posts where all he says is "[Insert player name] is wet!" If that's all the analysis you care to add to the conversation, it's best that you just not say anything. Like, why even type that? It's like something you yell at your TV when you're watching a game with friends, not something you need to type so fans of other teams need to read on the Internet.

Goose17
02-22-2015, 11:23 AM
I hate it because you can go into any game thread the night of a Warriors game and lolplease will have at least 2-3 posts where all he says is "[Insert player name] is wet!" If that's all the analysis you care to add to the conversation, it's best that you just not say anything. Like, why even type that? It's like something you yell at your TV when you're watching a game with friends, not something you need to type so fans of other teams need to read on the Internet.

He's literally typing it as it happens. In the heat of the moment. So it is exactly like something you would yell at the TV, that's exactly what he's doing he's just typing it out.

It's just the excitement of the game. It's not like anyone else was bothering to post at that point anyway.

Just put him on your ignore list if he bothers you that much.

Anyway I don't care about that. I was just confused by TLs issue with describing a player as wet, in particular Lee and Iguodala who he said could "never be wet".

mightybosstone
02-22-2015, 11:42 AM
He's literally typing it as it happens. In the heat of the moment. So it is exactly like something you would yell at the TV, that's exactly what he's doing he's just typing it out.

It's just the excitement of the game. It's not like anyone else was bothering to post at that point anyway.

Just put him on your ignore list if he bothers you that much.

Anyway I don't care about that. I was just confused by TLs issue with describing a player as wet, in particular Lee and Iguodala who he said could "never be wet".

If it was the playoffs or the end of an important regular season game, I would get it. Hell, I think we all post stuff like that when the game really matters and there's hundreds of us in a game thread commenting on the same thread. But it could be the second quarter of a game against Minnesota in which three people are in this thread, and I would read "Thompson is wet!!!." It's a little ridiculous. There's emotion in the middle of a game and then there's post padding. And that's definitely the latter.

Miltstar
02-22-2015, 11:57 AM
I love Lou Wills game but if you're hanging your hat on him you are in deep deep trouble sir....

He's a big part of the team, especially when Derozan and Lowry are off their games. I don't know how Lowry made it through that game without punching Beverly in the face

Toronto Homer
02-22-2015, 12:09 PM
I love the Raps, but with or without Lou they aren't going to beat any good teams if they turn the ball over that much. Just a sloppy game last night.

Vee-Rex
02-22-2015, 12:17 PM
I love the Raps, but with or without Lou they aren't going to beat any good teams if they turn the ball over that much. Just a sloppy game last night.

There's an honest post. Stick around, PSD needs more people posting like you!

Miltstar
02-22-2015, 12:44 PM
There's an honest post. Stick around, PSD needs more people posting like you!

If you watched the game Houston was turning it over just as much as Toronto... the team that settled down first was gonna take it, which happened to be Houston

lol, please
02-22-2015, 12:50 PM
He's a big part of the team, especially when Derozan and Lowry are off their games. I don't know how Lowry made it through that game without punching Beverly in the face
Well said. Raptors need Lou healthy and a deep playoff run isn't out of the question imo.

mightybosstone
02-22-2015, 01:14 PM
If you watched the game Houston was turning it over just as much as Toronto... the team that settled down first was gonna take it, which happened to be Houston
Houston always turns the ball over a lot. They're second to last in the league in turnovers per game. And, yeah, 23 is way more than their season average (16.4), but you can expect Houston is going to turn the ball over because of their style of play. The question isn't whether or not you turn it over a lot as a team, but how you react when the ball is turned over. Both teams had a similar number of points of turnovers (24 for Houston, 21 for Toronto), but look at the fast break point differential. Houston had a substantial edge there at 24 versus 13.

Turning the ball over isn't the end of the world, but whether you turn it over or not, you have to play transition defense. I thought Houston did a pretty good job of that last night and Toronto didn't.

LanceUpperCut
02-22-2015, 02:34 PM
The Raptors just had maybe there best game of the year Friday night then maybe there worse game of the night Saturday.

IKnowHoops
02-22-2015, 02:38 PM
Barring injury, there is just no way the Cavs don't come out of the east. Its the knicks, but they made Washington look like this, a long with most teams lately.

Goose17
02-22-2015, 02:44 PM
I still don't see the Cavs making it to the conference finals let alone the finals. Their 2nd and 3rd options have played a combined 0 playoff games in their careers. Post season is a whole other beast. I have Chicago, Atlanta and Toronto over them still. A one game sample size against D.C isn't enough either. I think D.C would give them a tough series.

Hawks will tear them apart in a seven game series. It will look like the Spurs v Miami 2014 finals junior edition.

Vee-Rex
02-22-2015, 03:00 PM
I still don't see the Cavs making it to the conference finals let alone the finals. Their 2nd and 3rd options have played a combined 0 playoff games in their careers. Post season is a whole other beast. I have Chicago, Atlanta and Toronto over them still. A one game sample size against D.C isn't enough either. I think D.C would give them a tough series.

Hawks will tear them apart in a seven game series. It will look like the Spurs v Miami 2014 finals junior edition.

Lol ok. Hawks are overrated.

Idk why GS fans hate Cleveland but oh well.

lol, please
02-22-2015, 03:01 PM
I disagree that style of play is an excuse for turnovers. The goal is to limit turnovers regardless of offensive style.

Goose17
02-22-2015, 03:08 PM
Lol ok. Hawks are overrated.

Idk why GS fans hate Cleveland but oh well.

What? Because I don't think Cleveland will make the conference finals or have a deep playoff run I "hate" them? Lol. Just because someone doesn't adore your team the way you do doesn't make them a hater. I have no issues with Cleveland. I'm happy Lebron went back and I hope he can bring them a championship. They deserve one.

But I don't see them making it past the second round this year.

And the Hawks are rated exactly as they should be imo.

Vee-Rex
02-22-2015, 03:17 PM
What? Because I don't think Cleveland will make the conference finals or have a deep playoff run I "hate" them? Lol. Just because someone doesn't adore your team the way you do doesn't make them a hater. I have no issues with Cleveland. I'm happy Lebron went back and I hope he can bring them a championship. They deserve one.

But I don't see them making it past the second round this year.

And the Hawks are rated exactly as they should be imo.

I don't see it as anything other than hate, unless you haven't been watching them play and is just ignorant.

If they haven't shown you that they're just as good as any other team in the East then I don't know what to say at this point.

The Hawks make a 19 game winning streak and suddenly they're labeled the 'spurs of the east' on PSD. Like, that's not only overrating them that's sorta disrespecting the Spurs.

You're free to your opinion, though. I'm just free to believe it's either ignorance or hate.

lol, please
02-22-2015, 03:21 PM
I agree that the Hawks are overrated, not a good enough sample size to call them legit imo, but Cleveland is going nowhere.

lol, please
02-22-2015, 03:22 PM

Vee-Rex
02-22-2015, 03:24 PM
Cavs got an upcoming stretch where we play GS, in Houston, in Toronto, in Atlanta, Phoenix, in Dallas, in San Antonio. Guess we'll see what they're made of then.

lol, please
02-22-2015, 03:33 PM
Of those teams phoenix is the most winnable game.

Goose17
02-22-2015, 03:37 PM
I agree that the Hawks are overrated, not a good enough sample size to call them legit imo, but Cleveland is going nowhere.

Same sample size as Golden State.

Goose17
02-22-2015, 03:40 PM
I don't see it as anything other than hate, unless you haven't been watching them play and is just ignorant.

If they haven't shown you that they're just as good as any other team in the East then I don't know what to say at this point.

The Hawks make a 19 game winning streak and suddenly they're labeled the 'spurs of the east' on PSD. Like, that's not only overrating them that's sorta disrespecting the Spurs.

You're free to your opinion, though. I'm just free to believe it's either ignorance or hate.

Yeah you're free to believe it's ignorance. Just like I'm free to believe you're ignorant for believing the only way people couldn't like your team as much as you do is if they're ignorant or haters.

Like I said. Playoffs and regular season are not the same thing.

Vee-Rex
02-22-2015, 03:51 PM
You don't have to like the Cavs at all. Making statements like:

Hawks will tear them apart in a seven game series.

Shows hate or ignorance. Afterall, using your own logic, what has Atlanta ever done in the playoffs the last 10 years? Sure, Irving and Love have no playoff experience, but the Cavs as a whole are more talented than Atlanta, and we also have the best player in the world (or 2nd best to some).

Like... if you even said you think Atlanta would win, fair enough. I'm not one of those fans that think his team is unstoppable. But tear them apart? Hatred or ignorance, probably both.

Edit: lol, please said Cleveland is going nowhere, but he just admitted he say stuff like that because he's a Lebron hater. As horrible as a poster he is, he owned up to it when backed into a corner, heh.

Don't be that guy... I'd love to see a logical Dubs fan in these game threads.

Minimal
02-22-2015, 03:54 PM

Says Cavs have no playoff experience. Mentions Hawks and Raps... /facepalm

Goose17
02-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Says Cavs have no playoff experience. Mentions Hawks and Raps... /facepalm

Every player from Hawks and Raps has more playoff experience than Irving and Love. I fail to see your point.

And Vee-Rex. It's not hate or ignorance. I just think Hawks are significantly superior to Cleveland. Sorry but that's my view and it's not ignorance. I have all the information you have, I've just came to a different conclusion. Calling me ignorant because I disagree with you is like me calling you a homer for thinking the cavs stand a chance. It's a narrow minded thing to say and not true in the slightest.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens come playoff time.

mightybosstone
02-22-2015, 04:10 PM

I'm with everyone else, dude. Your logic is totally flawed. The Hawks aren't exactly full of playoff veterans. Here's a fun fact for you: Horford, Millsap and Teague combined have played in 139 playoff games. Lebron alone has played in 158. And the only one of them with a conference finals appearance was Millsap, and that was his rookie season when he was a role player at best in Utah.

If you don't think the Cavs are as good as the Hawks or could beat them in a seven-game series, that's fine. But don't use playoff experience as your justification. That argument is beyond weak.

Vee-Rex
02-22-2015, 04:11 PM
Every player from Hawks and Raps has more playoff experience than Irving and Love. I fail to see your point.

And Vee-Rex. It's not hate or ignorance. I just think Hawks are significantly superior to Cleveland. Sorry but that's my view and it's not ignorance. I have all the information you have, I've just came to a different conclusion. Calling me ignorant because I disagree with you is like me calling you a homer for thinking the cavs stand a chance. It's a narrow minded thing to say and not true in the slightest.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens come playoff time.

Eh, but they DO stand a chance! Maybe you'll see things differently after we play the Dubs on Thursday and after our upcoming tough stretch.

But yeah, we'll have to see come playoff time.

tredigs
02-22-2015, 04:18 PM
The Knicks/Sixers/Lakers, etc do make me wish the NBA had a relegation style format sometimes. There's no reason why fans who want to watch an NBA basketball game should have to watch these teams tank.

tredigs
02-22-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm with everyone else, dude. Your logic is totally flawed. The Hawks aren't exactly full of playoff veterans. Here's a fun fact for you: Horford, Millsap and Teague combined have played in 139 playoff games. Lebron alone has played in 158. And the only one of them with a conference finals appearance was Millsap, and that was his rookie season when he was a role player at best in Utah.

If you don't think the Cavs are as good as the Hawks or could beat them in a seven-game series, that's fine. But don't use playoff experience as your justification. That argument is beyond weak.

That's one player. And you could definitely make the argument that all those playoff minutes - particularly in the past half decade - is a detriment this year, not a bonus. Vacations mid-season help, but I have a feeling he tires out a bit again as the playoffs hit.

Regardless, I'd be far less concerned with the Cavs playoff experience than their experience being battle tested as a whole. Since they revamped their roster, they haven't had to go through any tough stretches yet. To do that in the first time in the post-season is a tough ask for a teams synergy. I'd still favor the Bulls over them in the playoffs, as well as the Hawks. Either way, the West is winning the title.

mightybosstone
02-22-2015, 04:30 PM
That's one player.
Yes. One of the greatest players and postseason performers in NBA history and a guy who has made four straight Finals appearances.

And you could definitely make the argument that all those playoff minutes - particularly in the past half decade - is a detriment this year, not a bonus. Vacations mid-season help, but I have a feeling he tires out a bit again as the playoffs hit.
When did he "tire out" in the past in the playoffs? Maybe you could make the case for last postseasn, except he has more help on this Cleveland team this year than he had in Miami last year. Sorry, but I'm not buying that Irving will be worse in his first postseason than Wade was last year just because he's never been to the playoffs before. It doesn't work that way.

Regardless, I'd be far less concerned with the Cavs playoff experience than their experience being battle tested as a whole. Since they revamped their roster, they haven't had to go through any tough stretches yet. To do that in the first time in the post-season is a tough ask for a teams synergy. I'd still favor the Bulls over them in the playoffs, as well as the Hawks. Either way, the West is winning the title.[/QUOTE]
They're about to be battle tested, so that will be a moot point. They'll either sink or swim. But even then, the playoffs are a whole different ballgame than the regular season. We won't really know how things will play out until the postseason itself.

For the record, though, I'm not really on either side of this argument. I'm not ready to make a prediction on that series until the postseason is actually here and the two teams actually are going to play each other. Making a prediction this early on and being that confident in that prediction is pretty naive.

Slimsim
02-22-2015, 04:31 PM
Your full of **** you act as if your warriors didn't suck this comment alone makes me wish the very worse on your warriors hope your franchise never win ****

Love butthurt Knicks fan

FlashBolt
02-22-2015, 04:44 PM
Yeah you're free to believe it's ignorance. Just like I'm free to believe you're ignorant for believing the only way people couldn't like your team as much as you do is if they're ignorant or haters.

You're right.. Playoffs and regular season are not the same thing. It's why Klay completely sucks in the Playoffs and why Warriors winning the regular season doesn't mean jack.

1) Toronto? Playoff experience? LMAO.
2) Atlanta hasn't made it far in the playoffs either. What playoff experience are you exactly referring to.
3) Chicago is inconsistent as hell and are .500 their past 30 games. Give me a break. Who's the most impressive team the past 20 games? Cleveland. They have been lights out better than any other team.
4) You think DC would give them a tough series but didn't you just say Cleveland won't make it far because of playoff experience...? Yet, you think DC would give them trouble? LMAO.

You are delusional. Hawks will tear them apart based on what exactly? Hawks are 3-4 the past seven games. If you're expecting another 18 game winning streak, I suggest you wait till next season.. because it's not happening again.

Goose17
02-22-2015, 04:47 PM
MBT it's about team experience not one individual. The team hasn't been tested at a playoff level and two of their key players (literally their second and third option on offense) have never played a playoff game in their lifes.

Anyway, we'll see what happens come playoff time I suppose.

FlashBolt
02-22-2015, 04:48 PM

MBT it's about team experience not one individual. The team hasn't been tested at a playoff level and two of their key players (literally their second and third option on offense) have never played a playoff game in their lifes.

But you would take Toronto/Wizards over them because those two teams have SO MUCH playoff experience. Haha. I love how inconsistent your argument is. It's almost as if you really think playoff experience is the end all, be all. What did Magic win his first season? DING DING.

tredigs
02-22-2015, 04:49 PM
Yes. One of the greatest players and postseason performers in NBA history and a guy who has made four straight Finals appearances.

When did he "tire out" in the past in the playoffs? Maybe you could make the case for last postseasn, except he has more help on this Cleveland team this year than he had in Miami last year. Sorry, but I'm not buying that Irving will be worse in his first postseason than Wade was last year just because he's never been to the playoffs before. It doesn't work that way.

They're about to be battle tested, so that will be a moot point. They'll either sink or swim. But even then, the playoffs are a whole different ballgame than the regular season. We won't really know how things will play out until the postseason itself.

For the record, though, I'm not really on either side of this argument. I'm not ready to make a prediction on that series until the postseason is actually here and the two teams actually are going to play each other. Making a prediction this early on and being that confident in that prediction is pretty naive.

There's no "moot point" about them about to be battle tested. Teams (not one guy in an entirely different situation who's been at it year after year) more often than not need to be developed over the course of a season+ of battle testing/adjusting. This team wasn't elite until it made mid-season moves to help shore up its defensive deficiencies (which they did as well as they could have hoped on, though it's still far from elite), and I have very little confidence that they can pull that off and bring it together once the going gets rough in the playoffs. You learn a lot about teams in post-season battles, and 2 of the top 3 players on the Cavs have no idea what that's like, specifically in relationship to each other. History and intuitiveness shows it's going to take them time. As for Lebron, I already saw him tire out once this season, and expect it to hit again in the playoffs. He's still hanging back on D for the most part so it's saving his legs, but 5 Finals runs in a row? Don't see it coming to fruition.

And I guess I'm not afraid to make the fairly benign prediction that the West will win. -shrug

Edit: @Slim, simmer. Your team is an abomination and a disgrace to NBA basketball. Deal with it.

FlashBolt
02-22-2015, 04:53 PM
Playoff experience matters but if you can play basketball, you can make things happen. Let's stop pretending that the playoffs would turn Irving into Mario Chalmers or something. Irving is an All-Star and has been balling the past twenty games. Cleveland has turned it around drastically. 18-2 the past twenty games. Yes, playoffs would be a challenge in itself for them but no one outside the Spurs has more playoff experience than LeBron James. Let's not forget that.

mightybosstone
02-22-2015, 05:02 PM

We've seen what Irving can do on the big stage in elimination play over the summer. Obviously that's not the same thing as the NBA playoffs, but I see no reason whatsoever to believe that he can't be that guy in the NBA playoffs. Love I'm more worried about, but if both Lebron and Irving are playing at a high level, they may not need Love playing that well to reach the Finals.

FlashBolt
02-22-2015, 05:05 PM
John Wall+Beal led their team to the second round of the playoffs against Pacers and took them to six games. This was their first playoff appearance. Yet, Love+Irving are going to be useless in the playoffs because they have zero experience. Makes lots of sense. LeBron on any team is capable of taking them to the second round.. Let's get real here.

tredigs
02-22-2015, 05:20 PM
John Wall+Beal led their team to the second round of the playoffs against Pacers and took them to six games. This was their first playoff appearance. Yet, Love+Irving are going to be useless in the playoffs because they have zero experience. Makes lots of sense. LeBron on any team is capable of taking them to the second round.. Let's get real here.
Why does everything have to be black and white on here when someone is trying to blindly prove their point?

The lack of experience playing together (specifically through turmoil) in general is a huge deal, I promise you this. Possible to overcome? Sure. But not likely. If they were a team without holes or I thought Lebron was as potent on both ends now as he was 2 years ago, I'd be more willing to accept the opposing view that they'll crush. But by and large teams take some time to fully click against other elite squads, especially in this scenario where the playoff experience as a whole is also at such a minimum. Time will tell, but I bet I'm right. Those expecting the Cavs to have a serious chance to win it all will more than likely be disappointed.

Goose17
02-22-2015, 05:35 PM
But you would take Toronto/Wizards over them because those two teams have SO MUCH playoff experience. Haha. I love how inconsistent your argument is. It's almost as if you really think playoff experience is the end all, be all. What did Magic win his first season? DING DING.

I said the Wizards would give them a good series. And yes I think Toronto would best them in a seven game series. They have more playoff experience. Why can't you comprehend that? The entire starting 5 of Toronto, Atlanta, D.C, Chicago all have playoff experience. Two of the cavs three top players have never been to the post season. They wouldn't be the first "star" to choke on the big stage.

We've seen what Irving can do on the big stage in elimination play over the summer. Obviously that's not the same thing as the NBA playoffs, but I see no reason whatsoever to believe that he can't be that guy in the NBA playoffs. Love I'm more worried about, but if both Lebron and Irving are playing at a high level, they may not need Love playing that well to reach the Finals.

Summer league? You're comparing the playoffs to summer league? Are you serious? Summer league? The Las Vegas summer league? The orlando summer league? The same summer league that had Kent Bazemore and Alec Burks looking like Jordan? That summer league? The NBA summer league?

Sorry MBT. Usually you make great counter points. In fact its not unusual for you to completely destroy my arguments. But summer league? That's a terrible counter argument.

We won't know until the playoffs roll around so I'll just wait until then. I sort of hope they can prove me wrong. If the Warriors somehow manage to get to the finals I would much rather play Cleveland than Atlanta. But I just don't see it yet... just my opinion.

Look at the last few games. Philly, Lakers, Miami, Washington, New York, Clippers.

Miami and D.C are teams they should be able to beat when they're on form. Clippers is a good win. The rest? Meh. Meanwhile they lose to Chicago... and Indiana.

Even last month. Sacramento, Minnesota, Detroit, Charlotte, Utah, Lakers.

16 wins in their last 18ish games. Half those wins are teams below .500 (including three of the worst teams in the league),

Portland, Chicago and the Clips are the most impressive on that list but it's too small a sample size for my liking. On top of all that, as I say, the playoff experience (or lack thereof) not just for players but for Coach Blatt (who I really like and have followed for a while) makes me doubt them... For now.

Apologies for typos. On my phone.

Vee-Rex
02-22-2015, 05:47 PM
I said the Wizards would give them a good series. And yes I think Toronto would best them in a seven game series. They have more playoff experience. Why can't you comprehend that? The entire starting 5 of Toronto, Atlanta, D.C, Chicago all have playoff experience. Two of the cavs three top players have never been to the post season. They wouldn't be the first "star" to choke on the big stage.

Summer league? You're comparing the playoffs to summer league? Are you serious? Summer league? The Las Vegas summer league? The orlando summer league? The same summer league that had Kent Bazemore and Alec Burks looking like Jordan? That summer league? The NBA summer league?

Sorry MBT. Usually you make great counter points. In fact its not unusual for you to completely destroy my arguments. But summer league? That's a terrible counter argument.

We won't know until the playoffs roll around so I'll just wait until then. I sort of hope they can prove me wrong. If the Warriors somehow manage to get to the finals I would much rather play Cleveland than Atlanta. But I just don't see it yet... just my opinion.

Look at the last few games. Philly, Lakers, Miami, Washington, New York, Clippers.

Miami and D.C are teams they should be able to beat when they're on form. Clippers is a good win. The rest? Meh. Meanwhile they lose to Chicago... and Indiana.

16 wins in their last 18ish games. Half those wins are teams below .500 (including three of the worst teams in the league),

Portland, Chicago and the Clips are the most impressive on that list but it's too small a sample size for my liking. On top of all that, as I say, the playoff experience (or lack thereof) not just for players but for Coach Blatt (who I really like and have followed for a while) makes me doubt them... For now.

Calm down. He's talking about the US FIBA basketball, where Irving was arguably the best backcourt player on the whole team (only Harden played as well). Where Irving carried them to the world cup and was the MVP. Not the NBA summer league.

FlashBolt
02-22-2015, 05:55 PM

1) Why would the Wizards give them a good series? At what position do they exactly have Cleveland beat in? Just you posting for the heck of it or something?
2) Toronto has playoff experience? Are you kidding me? Their core players have only made it to the NBA playoffs as a team for one season and a total of seven games. But hey, if you think seven games means "experienced", there's nothing I can do to convince you anyhow. Way to completely ignore that James is EXPERIENCED, and thus, since experience is what you're looking for, he completely destroys them at that. Wall/Beal never made it to the NBA Playoffs but last season, took the Bulls out in five games and gave the Pacers a tough six game series. Yet, Love/Irving can't beat the Wizards because they have zero experience? HAHA. Go to sleep, please. You're not thinking clearly.

lol, please
02-22-2015, 06:45 PM
You're right.. Playoffs and regular season are not the same thing. It's why Klay completely sucks in the Playoffs and why Warriors winning the regular season doesn't mean jack.

1) Toronto? Playoff experience? LMAO.
2) Atlanta hasn't made it far in the playoffs either. What playoff experience are you exactly referring to.
3) Chicago is inconsistent as hell and are .500 their past 30 games. Give me a break. Who's the most impressive team the past 20 games? Cleveland. They have been lights out better than any other team.
4) You think DC would give them a tough series but didn't you just say Cleveland won't make it far because of playoff experience...? Yet, you think DC would give them trouble? LMAO.

You are delusional. Hawks will tear them apart based on what exactly? Hawks are 3-4 the past seven games. If you're expecting another 18 game winning streak, I suggest you wait till next season.. because it's not happening again.
You put stock in small sample sizes like a recent 18-30 game streak but disregard playoff experience? :confused:

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:14 PM
Pacers are fun to watch, but let's take control of this game early.

tredigs
02-22-2015, 07:15 PM
Now's your chance to see the Dubs without Curry.

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Now's your chance to see the Dubs without Curry.
Is he not playing today?

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Green for 3!

Goose17
02-22-2015, 07:21 PM
Calm down. He's talking about the US FIBA basketball, where Irving was arguably the best backcourt player on the whole team (only Harden played as well). Where Irving carried them to the world cup and was the MVP. Not the NBA summer league.

Fair enough, I missed the part about it being last summer I thought he meant his early years. Still not the playoffs though. Not even close.

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:22 PM
Fair enough, I missed the part about it being last summer I thought he meant his early years. Still not the playoffs though. Not even close.
Yea, FIBA isn't any better of an argument, I agree. Awful comparison.

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:22 PM
Larry Bird :drool:

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:25 PM
Omg klay...fade away jumper was just sick

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:26 PM
Goaltending

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:34 PM
Klay effing Thompson!

DLee The White Chris Webber has been playing out of his mind lately.

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:34 PM
Iggy is wet!!!!

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:36 PM
Great ball movement thus far

tredigs
02-22-2015, 07:37 PM
Klay for fitty tonight??

Saddletramp
02-22-2015, 07:38 PM
I don't know what's worse, you guys talking back and forth about playoff experience that doesn't mean jackshit (that championship Celtics team from a few years back was loaded with playoff experienced guys, right?) or lol clogging up the game thread (again) with his idiot "(insert random Warriors player name) is wet!" posts. Goose, go tell your mom that you caught lol cheating on his math homework or that he flipped the tv over to a rated R movie when she left the room. Something, just get him grounded from using the internet on Warriors game nights.

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:42 PM
Ad hominem attacks always go well on psd. :rolleyes:

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Good to see Rush get some minutes. :)

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:44 PM
How is that a foul? Just ridiculous.

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Hopefully we can win out this road trip, would be huge.

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Barbosa getting hot...

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Freaking Scola is just ridiculous.

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:51 PM
Sucks Paul George is injured.

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:51 PM
Rejection by green!

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Cant let Watson keep hitting 3s

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:55 PM
Livingston can't breathe on a Pacer without the refs losing their minds. :facepalm:

lol, please
02-22-2015, 07:59 PM
Hibbert fell on his own....just ridiculous.

tredigs
02-22-2015, 08:02 PM
Offense went stagnant. Our boys are going to have to knock down tougher shots than they're used to tonight in order to win. But we should still be able to handle the freakin' Pacers here.

lol, please
02-22-2015, 08:04 PM
Speights to the line. We need every point we can get right now.

Vee-Rex
02-22-2015, 08:07 PM
Offense went stagnant. Our boys are going to have to knock down tougher shots than they're used to tonight in order to win. But we should still be able to handle the freakin' Pacers here.

Pacers, along with most NBA teams are tough at home when they're determined.

Cavs lost to them in Indiana because they didn't play hard in the first half. That, and CJ Miles hit some incredible shots late in the game. Watch out for CJ, dub fan.

tredigs
02-22-2015, 08:13 PM
Pacers, along with most NBA teams are tough at home when they're determined.

Cavs lost to them in Indiana because they didn't play hard in the first half. That, and CJ Miles hit some incredible shots late in the game. Watch out for CJ, dub fan.

They're still a pretty **** team. Home/Road, wherever. Dubs are a 19-7 road team and 16-2 against the East. In theory it's an easy win.

This team just struggles to create high% shots without Curry.

nastynice
02-22-2015, 08:22 PM
I don't know what's worse, you guys talking back and forth about playoff experience that doesn't mean jackshit (that championship Celtics team from a few years back was loaded with playoff experienced guys, right?) or lol clogging up the game thread (again) with his idiot "(insert random Warriors player name) is wet!" posts. Goose, go tell your mom that you caught lol cheating on his math homework or that he flipped the tv over to a rated R movie when she left the room. Something, just get him grounded from using the internet on Warriors game nights.

What the hell diff does it make if he say someone wet?

Chill baby, I got u lolplease, just wait til start splashing buckets, the wetness!!

gbrl
02-22-2015, 08:22 PM
pacers are finally at full strength minus pg and have been playing solid since hills return

Tony_Starks
02-22-2015, 08:29 PM
The Oklahoma Thunder have a pretty serious bench!

lol, please
02-22-2015, 08:30 PM
They're still a pretty **** team. Home/Road, wherever. Dubs are a 19-7 road team and 16-2 against the East. In theory it's an easy win.

Well said.

What the hell diff does it make if he say someone wet?

Chill baby, I got u lolplease, just wait til start splashing buckets, the wetness!!
:cheers: go dubs!

lol, please
02-22-2015, 08:31 PM
Where's the foul at on klay!? Pathetic.

Saddletramp
02-22-2015, 08:34 PM

Why is Curry out?

lol, please
02-22-2015, 08:36 PM
Sore foot.