PDA

View Full Version : How would you grade Rondos comeback season?

Chronz
02-17-2015, 06:11 AM
Hes split his time pretty evenly between 2 teams. Individually, this is arguably his worst season. The Mavericks offense has predictably declined but Im not so sure that falls entirely on Rondo. I was expecting them to decline anyways but theres no doubt that Dallas made this move with defense in mind. They've improved on that end, but is this the Rondo you were expecting to see this year.

Is it just coincidence that the Celtics got better with his departure and the Mavs have declined with his arrival?

asandhu23
02-17-2015, 07:09 AM
C

D-Leethal
02-17-2015, 08:06 AM
I'm not admitting defeat on this one yet. IIRC, it took a year or 2 for the Kidd trade to show dividends as well and they looked better off with Devin Harris for 2-3 years before making a deep playoff run and besting the '06/'07 teams. I think with Rondo a prototypical 3 and D guy at the 2 spot would make a lot more sense than Ellis. I don't like the fit at all with Rondo and Ellis in the same backcourt.

Shammyguy3
02-17-2015, 11:06 AM
Rondo's awful, I didn't think he'd play well but I thought he'd be good enough to be considered a top-20 PG again once he got to Dallas.

mightybosstone
02-17-2015, 11:32 AM
I still think you have to give him an INC until we see how this team performs in the postseason, but if we were to grade him at this point in the year, I don't see how you can give him anything but an "F." He was terrible in Boston, and has somehow been ever worse in Dallas. This is easily the worst season of his career, and he's supposedly healthy after using the injury excuse last season during the previous worst season of his career. He hasn't gotten better since he's gotten healthy. He's gotten worse.

I'm very curious to see how much value he has in the offseason. Dallas gave up way too much for him in hindsight, and I wonder if other teams will view him with similar value for his next contract. If I were a GM, I wouldn't give him anything remotely close to $10 million plus per season, but some team may very well pay him that.

Goose17
02-17-2015, 11:43 AM
I give him a D+

But until he's played more with them I would prefer to reserve judgement. Personally I've always thought he was overrated as a point guard.

ThuglifeJ
02-17-2015, 11:48 AM
Agree with points made, but a concern for me is I don't think Carlisle likes him at all. Dirk either. Deep down probably not even Ellis. Which is pretty crucial for the Dallas culture there.

I could be wrong on this... But that's what I've picked up.

kobe4thewinbang
02-17-2015, 12:11 PM
When the Mavs are "on", they're on. It's nice having Ellis to handle the ball too with Rondo on the floor, and Rondo has made some awesome plays. I think they will gel better, if Rondo was sincere in saying he might stick around.

Mr.B
02-17-2015, 12:23 PM
I still think you have to give him an INC until we see how this team performs in the postseason, but if we were to grade him at this point in the year, I don't see how you can give him anything but an "F." He was terrible in Boston, and has somehow been ever worse in Dallas. This is easily the worst season of his career, and he's supposedly healthy after using the injury excuse last season during the previous worst season of his career. He hasn't gotten better since he's gotten healthy. He's gotten worse.

I'm very curious to see how much value he has in the offseason. Dallas gave up way too much for him in hindsight, and I wonder if other teams will view him with similar value for his next contract. If I were a GM, I wouldn't give him anything remotely close to $10 million plus per season, but some team may very well pay him that.

Gave up too much? A decent backup big man and spare parts? That's actually very good for a starting PG. You guys are all caught up in getting instant gratification. Like someone said Kidd needed an entire off season before he started to gel with the team. I expect the same from Rondo.

D-Leethal
02-17-2015, 12:26 PM
Agree with points made, but a concern for me is I don't think Carlisle likes him at all. Dirk either. Deep down probably not even Ellis. Which is pretty crucial for the Dallas culture there.

I gotta follow the situation a little more closely, didn't realize the bad vibes going on over there if this is true.

mightybosstone
02-17-2015, 12:46 PM
Gave up too much? A decent backup big man and spare parts? That's actually very good for a starting PG. You guys are all caught up in getting instant gratification. Like someone said Kidd needed an entire off season before he started to gel with the team. I expect the same from Rondo.

You're forgetting that they gave up a 1st round pick. Based on Rondo's play thus far in Dallas, I don't think he was even worth that 1st rounder, much less a 1st, Wright, Nelson, a future second rounder and other pieces. Plus, Rondo can leave in the offseason, so unless he starts performing a hell of a lot better, steps up in the playoffs and gets re-signed, then I don't see how that trade isn't a total bust.

Bruno
02-17-2015, 12:48 PM
C, but if he turns it on in the playoffs and gives us a 2012 national television rondo that'll be all thats remembered.

Shammyguy3
02-17-2015, 12:50 PM
C, but if he turns it on in the playoffs and gives us a 2012 national television rondo that'll be all thats remembered.

What has he done in Dallas to earn a grade of "C" from you?

Thumper 88
02-17-2015, 12:50 PM
I haven't seen any bad vibes.. Only positive ones from Dirk & RC

Redrum187
02-17-2015, 12:51 PM
1.) I think Rondo and Ellis, in my opinion, aren't the greatest PG/SG combo. I believe one should go and the Mavericks should target Dragic in the offseason. I would probably lean towards Rondo going and hopefully get something back for him in a sign and trade.

2.) I would say he's done a B- or C+ for the Mavericks. It's way too early to tell, but that is how I'd grade it thus far.

3.) My prediction is that Carlisle will make that roster work. They will be 4th - 7th. Rondo has definitely up'd his defense since joining the Mavericks, an area that they have struggled with for a while now.

What I don't understand is how he is so terrible at shooting free throws? Terrible isn't a strong enough word to describe it, honestly... He should be shooting 5,000 free throws every day.... surely that will increase it at least a few percentage points, no? :confused:

Mr.B
02-17-2015, 12:56 PM
You're forgetting that they gave up a 1st round pick. Based on Rondo's play thus far in Dallas, I don't think he was even worth that 1st rounder, much less a 1st, Wright, Nelson, a future second rounder and other pieces. Plus, Rondo can leave in the offseason, so unless he starts performing a hell of a lot better, steps up in the playoffs and gets re-signed, then I don't see how that trade isn't a total bust.

1st round picks are worthless to the Mavs. As for Rondo leaving the Mavs have his Bird right now so if he does leave it would likely only be in a sign and trade. Win/win for the Mavs.

mightybosstone
02-17-2015, 01:04 PM
1st round picks are worthless to the Mavs.
This is failed logic. A 1st round pick should NEVER be worthless to a GM. Whether you use that pick or not, a 1st round pick is a valuable asset that shouldn't be tossed around lightly.

As for Rondo leaving the Mavs have his Bird right now so if he does leave it would likely only be in a sign and trade. Win/win for the Mavs.
You're assuming a team will make a sign and trade for him. But what if a team with cap space wants to offer a decent contract to Rondo and sign him outright? The Lakers, for example, will have plenty of cap flexibility to sign Rondo if they legitimately want to make him a Laker and he wants to play in LA. If that happens, Dallas ends up with nothing.

Bruno
02-17-2015, 01:06 PM
What has he done in Dallas to earn a grade of "C" from you?

he hasn't completely ruined the chemistry. that alone means he's been satisfactory.

I was counting his first 21 games in Boston as well, he's been satisfactory. not great, not bad.

mightybosstone
02-17-2015, 01:15 PM
he hasn't completely ruined the chemistry. that alone means he's been satisfactory.

I was counting his first 21 games in Boston as well, he's been satisfactory. not great, not bad.

Dallas is 12-8 in games in which Rondo has played significant minutes. That's a .600 record. In games Rondo hasn't played significant minutes or played at all, they have been 24-11, or a .686 record. If a team trades multiple assets for you and gets worse, I don't see how that's anything but a failure. Couple that with the worst statistical season of his career, and I don't see how Rondo gets anything other than an "F" at this point in the season.

Like I said, it's too early to grade him or the trade, because we need to see how the postseason plays out. But if things stay on this course, I think both Rondo and the Mavericks front office deserve failing grades.

Mr.B
02-17-2015, 01:23 PM
This is failed logic. A 1st round pick should NEVER be worthless to a GM. Whether you use that pick or not, a 1st round pick is a valuable asset that shouldn't be tossed around lightly.

You're assuming a team will make a sign and trade for him. But what if a team with cap space wants to offer a decent contract to Rondo and sign him outright? The Lakers, for example, will have plenty of cap flexibility to sign Rondo if they legitimately want to make him a Laker and he wants to play in LA. If that happens, Dallas ends up with nothing.

Haven't paid much attention to the Mavs the last 15 years have you?

As for Rondo it really depends on what the market is for him. Mavs can offer more than any other team since they have his Bird rights.

mightybosstone
02-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Haven't paid much attention to the Mavs the last 15 years have you?
A team can be successful despite making stupid moves. Just because a GM tosses around 1st round picks for nothing and his team is successful does not mean that deal was necessarily a good move.

As for Rondo it really depends on what the market is for him. Mavs can offer more than any other team since they have his Bird rights.
But why would they want to offer him more? He's been terrible, and the Mavericks haven't been any better with him on the roster.

TrueFan420
02-17-2015, 01:40 PM
The problem with that is that Dirk will be a year older as well and his decline is showing as is. The move was supposed to be a win now move. Just a bad one that any GM should have seen.

Chronz
02-17-2015, 01:52 PM
I gotta follow the situation a little more closely, didn't realize the bad vibes going on over there if this is true.
Do u remember how sensitive Rondo got when the president mocked his shooting. Carlisle did the same thing. Kidd couldn't shoot at one point either but Rondo is a special kind of bad
Playoffs should determine this. Not seeing much of a similarity to kidd tbh

ThuglifeJ
02-17-2015, 03:31 PM

Dirk and Rondo got in quite an argument. That doesn't surprise me from Rondo , but you can't try to boss around Dirk in DALLAS.

Shammyguy3
02-17-2015, 03:32 PM

He's not been satisfactory, unless you want an offensive player that is worse than Josh Smith while not being as good of a defender. Rondo is one of the worst starters in the league. He's been terrible in Dallas. Not completely ruining chemistry shouldn't be what you grade him on, it should be his production.

Nazr Mohammed doesn't ruin the Bulls' chemistry, but he's awful at basketball.

Chronz
02-17-2015, 03:37 PM
Dirk and Rondo got in quite an argument. That doesn't surprise me from Rondo , but you can't try to boss around Dirk in DALLAS.

did you see the game where rondo flat out yelled at Dirk to ****ing rebound?

ThuglifeJ
02-17-2015, 03:40 PM

That's what I was referring to. Rondos an idiot for yelling at Dirk, whether right or not.

D-Leethal
02-17-2015, 03:46 PM
Do u remember how sensitive Rondo got when the president mocked his shooting. Carlisle did the same thing. Kidd couldn't shoot at one point either but Rondo is a special kind of bad
Playoffs should determine this. Not seeing much of a similarity to kidd tbh

I am talking about the respective situations - Dallas was a ridiculously good team before the Kidd trade, made the Finals and then won 67 games before losing to GSW who had their former coach and number all year.

They traded for Kidd I believe mid-season the following year I believe. After two straight 60 win seasons including one Finals run they drop to 51 (1st round L), 50 games (2nd round L), 55 (1st round L) before winning 57 and the NBA title.

It took awhile for them to gel with Kidd after having a scoring PG like Harris. That was my point. (Although every single member of the Mavericks compared playing with Rondo to playing with Kidd after the trade).

I think its possible you don't see this trade bear fruit until next year or until a follow up trade of some sort (maybe Ellis for a guy in the mold of Matthews). Going off memory hear and team snapshots of team success, but I remember them getting some flack for taking a step back after the Kidd trade until they won a title and then all was forgotten.

flea
02-17-2015, 03:58 PM

Lol my God, some turd of a PG that will only be a footnote to the 08 Celtics telling a future HOFer and one of the 25-30 best players ever what to do. What a joke that guy is. I'm good friends with a giant Wildcats fan and I love to make him defend that moron (because, invariably, he will as he wore the blue and white).

As to thread, I think it's worked out about like I expected. I've not watched but bits and pieces of Mavs games since Rondo came, but they're better defensively and worse offensively. I agree with others that it was a relatively low risk move - Wright's a nice backup center but he's not going to be a 6th or 7th man in a playoff rotation when you start 2 high-quality bigs. The rest is whatever, but it was a move I think they had to do.

Their guard defense was just not where it needed to be for them to truly contend. I guess Rondo was the best they felt they could do. TBH there aren't a lot of solid defensive guards on the trade market. I'm sure they checked into George Hill but it seems like the Pacers like him (rightfully so, he's a really nice guard to put next to a ball-dominant wing). I mean I guess there's Afflalo but he's more of a wing - I'm not sure how well he'd hold up against the quickness of some of the guards you have to go through in the West. Rondo, for all his faults, is still long and pretty quick.

I'll judge this move in the postseason, and whether Rondo can keep a Curry in check, or keep a CP3 or Westbrook bottled up into the help. I said it when it was made: I'm less worried about Carlisle figuring out a competent offense than literally any other coach in the league.

Thumper 88
02-17-2015, 04:24 PM
He's played 21 games with the Mavs after playing 9 1/2 years for one team and asked the be the floor leader and main ball handler.

Are they really supposed to clink instantaneously?

Mavs have regressed on offense less than what they have gained on defense.

There are still more moves to be made hence the Stoudmire coming over.

Tony_Starks
02-17-2015, 04:28 PM
Can't really judge until playoff time...

jerellh528
02-17-2015, 06:51 PM
I've always thought rondo was overrated and I've never liked him as a player. He's seemingly had no good effect on the mavs, at least in the w/l column. You would think that adding an "elite" pg according to what some call him, to a contending team would drastically inprove them, or at least put them over the top. Rondo's impact has been minimal at best. About what I've always known from him.

Bruno
02-17-2015, 08:01 PM
Dallas is 12-8 in games in which Rondo has played significant minutes. That's a .600 record. In games Rondo hasn't played significant minutes or played at all, they have been 24-11, or a .686 record.
I think you're taking too simplistic approach when you try to boil this down to strictly record without taking into account other forms of context.

If a team trades multiple assets for you and gets worse, I don't see how that's anything but a failure. Couple that with the worst statistical season of his career, and I don't see how Rondo gets anything other than an "F" at this point in the season.
the problem with this is that you're not taking into account strength of schedule. just because their win percentage has gone down with him, doesn't necessarily mean they've gotten worse (it often does but not always). context like schedule and adjustment periods to new teammates matter. you're exaggerating to make the point that it hasn't looked great. it hasn't, but it hasn't been horrific either. An F is quite drastic, especially since this has pretty much been his training camp with Dallas.

Like I said, it's too early to grade him or the trade, because we need to see how the postseason plays out. But if things stay on this course, I think both Rondo and the Mavericks front office deserve failing grades.
I agree that we can't really say until we see playoffs . But I disagree, Dallas has to make that trade. You don't hold onto a bench player who plays 18 minutes a game, who can be replaced (we'll see how well Amare does) when you have a chance at getting a PG who understands playoff basketball, who knows how to defend and operate an offense when the game slows down, when the officials swallow their whistles. check out the twitter link I posted for Shammy.

He's not been satisfactory, unless you want an offensive player that is worse than Josh Smith while not being as good of a defender. Rondo is one of the worst starters in the league. He's been terrible in Dallas. Not completely ruining chemistry shouldn't be what you grade him on, it should be his production.

Whats wrong with this production?
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/561958236929404929

if Dallas wanted to get out of the second round, they needed better defense from their PG, and they needed better team rebounding. Rondo provides that. Obviously a void has been left because of Wright, but coaches tighten up the minutes during playoffs. I dont even know how much Wright would have played in April.

Nazr Mohammed doesn't ruin the Bulls' chemistry, but he's awful at basketball.
he's played 61 minutes this season, I'd hope not haha.

Bruno
02-17-2015, 08:05 PM
I've always thought rondo was overrated and I've never liked him as a player. He's seemingly had no good effect on the mavs, at least in the w/l column. You would think that adding an "elite" pg according to what some call him, to a contending team would drastically inprove them, or at least put them over the top. Rondo's impact has been minimal at best. About what I've always known from him.

I can understand the emotion behind giving him an F here in this moment, but you're rewriting history with that last comment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0bZsRVhxJ4

Mr.B
02-17-2015, 10:11 PM
A team can be successful despite making stupid moves. Just because a GM tosses around 1st round picks for nothing and his team is successful does not mean that deal was necessarily a good move.

But why would they want to offer him more? He's been terrible, and the Mavericks haven't been any better with him on the roster.

Question for you... Do you know if under the current rules can an unrestricted free agent be signed and traded for another unrestricted free agent? Both players current team's would have Bird Rights.

Mr.B
02-17-2015, 10:25 PM
The problem with that is that Dirk will be a year older as well and his decline is showing as is. The move was supposed to be a win now move. Just a bad one that any GM should have seen.

This move definitely is a win now mode type of move. Now doesn't just mean this year. Is Dirk older? Sure he is. They are making other moves that will cover for Dirk's diminished mobility though. They're adding bench help in Amare, and I fully expect the Mavs to make a move by the trade deadline too. Rondo may need an entire off season with the Mavs like Kidd did.

Mr.B
02-17-2015, 10:33 PM
I am talking about the respective situations - Dallas was a ridiculously good team before the Kidd trade, made the Finals and then won 67 games before losing to GSW who had their former coach and number all year.

They traded for Kidd I believe mid-season the following year I believe. After two straight 60 win seasons including one Finals run they drop to 51 (1st round L), 50 games (2nd round L), 55 (1st round L) before winning 57 and the NBA title.

It took awhile for them to gel with Kidd after having a scoring PG like Harris. That was my point. (Although every single member of the Mavericks compared playing with Rondo to playing with Kidd after the trade).

I think its possible you don't see this trade bear fruit until next year or until a follow up trade of some sort (maybe Ellis for a guy in the mold of Matthews). Going off memory hear and team snapshots of team success, but I remember them getting some flack for taking a step back after the Kidd trade until they won a title and then all was forgotten.

The Mavs actually traded for Kidd after the 2006 Finals loss. But yea I agree with you.

sammyvine
02-17-2015, 11:09 PM

Jeez how old are you? You sound like somebody who is really new to bball. Rondo yelled at Dirk...big deal...arguments happen all the time in basketball...and just because a player if a future HOF, doesnt mean teammates can't tell him anything.

Thumper 88
02-18-2015, 12:14 AM
The Mavs actually traded for Kidd after the 2006 Finals loss. But yea I agree with you.
What? J Kidd came over in the 08-09 season

Mr.B
02-18-2015, 01:27 AM
What? J Kidd came over in the 08-09 season

So it was 2 years after the Finals loss? I remember he played 1 year under Avery before they brought in Carlisle. The point was that is took Kidd a few years with the Mavs before they were able to reach the Finals with him. Rondo hasn't even been with the Mavs for a half a season. It's going to take time. The fact that Dragic is out there makes it tempting to give up on the Rondo experiment, at least for me it does. Dragic would be a better fit offensively than Rondo. Although Nash was also a better offensive fit offensively than Kidd yet the Amare needed Kidd to win a title.

Corey
02-18-2015, 01:31 AM
He's always been so overrated.

I love it.

IKnowHoops
02-18-2015, 01:57 AM
Ive always thought Rhondo was overrated. I thought he was in a perfect position to succeed in Boston when he had Ray, Pierce and Garnett...3 guys who all are great jump shooters at there positions. Without those guys around him, the Boston offense was better with him not controlling the ball like that.

I also wonder if Doc has CP3 controlling the ball to much, which IMO limits Paul's offense. CP3 should get a lot of opportunities to play off the ball in a free flowing offense. I think that would work better for Blake as well.

Anyway Rhondo's comeback has been an F. He's been a non factor...nonexistent.

Vincent33
02-18-2015, 02:03 AM
I wanted to say, "A C grade for the former C of the Cs" you know for the symmetry, but man...I cannot. Right now I'd say a D, but I'll wait until playoff time when national tv Rondo normally shows up. Dude's gotta up his FT/3pt game though so he can become the 1st 40/40/40 guy in league history or he can just be more of a turd shooter and dip his FG % down to become the 1st 30/30/30 guy. That'd be more fun and easier.

He's currently at 40%FG, 32%3pt, 31%FT.

SMH!
02-18-2015, 03:01 AM
He's always been so overrated.

I love it.

this

Chrisclover
02-18-2015, 05:15 AM
I give him a D+

But until he's played more with them I would prefer to reserve judgement. Personally I've always thought he was overrated as a point guard.
Yes he is overrated. A PG who cannot shoot is just horrible when his boasted defense declines.

Chrisclover
02-18-2015, 05:34 AM
When the Mavs are "on", they're on. It's nice having Ellis to handle the ball too with Rondo on the floor, and Rondo has made some awesome plays. I think they will gel better, if Rondo was sincere in saying he might stick around.
If stoudermire really joins, Rondo will have one more chance to redeem himself. People always laud him as an assisting maestro and let's just see if he can reinvigorate Amar'e like Nash did. Apparently, it is a tall task since Amar'e has already passed his prime and may just break down at any moment.

Thumper 88
02-18-2015, 09:18 AM
So it was 2 years after the Finals loss? I remember he played 1 year under Avery before they brought in Carlisle. The point was that is took Kidd a few years with the Mavs before they were able to reach the Finals with him. Rondo hasn't even been with the Mavs for a half a season. It's going to take time. The fact that Dragic is out there makes it tempting to give up on the Rondo experiment, at least for me it does. Dragic would be a better fit offensively than Rondo. Although Nash was also a better offensive fit offensively than Kidd yet the Amare needed Kidd to win a title.

That's doesn't really solve anything though because the offense wasn't our problem. Rondo fills a need while Dragic would only complement something nice that we already have

Thumper 88
02-18-2015, 09:20 AM
Lol you guys its been 21 games lmao

Mr.B
02-18-2015, 10:48 AM
That's doesn't really solve anything though because the offense wasn't our problem. Rondo fills a need while Dragic would only complement something nice that we already have

Like Nash did

Thumper 88
02-18-2015, 11:34 AM
Like Nash did

Can't compare the two

Chronz
02-18-2015, 04:16 PM
Jeez how old are you? You sound like somebody who is really new to bball.
Sounds like you're jumping the gun. Must be new to the forum if you believe what it "sounds" like.

Rondo yelled at Dirk...big deal...arguments happen all the time in basketball...and just because a player if a future HOF, doesnt mean teammates can't tell him anything.
Agreed. So what? Im having a conversation with another poster over how hes fitting in personality wise. While criticism can be healthy, it can ALSO be derogatory. Really depends on the relationship, NBA history is littered with examples of players who couldn't get along and didn't see eye to eye, you would know this if you weren't "new to basketball" ;)

Anyways, I dont know how close Rondo is to Dirk, but they are new as teammates. And given Rondo's history of sensitivity, I cant help but wonder how hes taking the jabs at his inability to shoot. It really seems like Carlisle doesn't trust him yet when I watch them play. And I then see him lashing out at Dirk like a petulant child but thats my own bias. I wouldn't be surprised if thats just the locker room type of verbal sparring that Rondo and Dirk respect but theres still the chance that the personalities aren't meshing. We'll see. What matters most is what happens on the court, Im sure all parties agree on that.

Chronz
02-18-2015, 04:29 PM
Ive always thought Rhondo was overrated. I thought he was in a perfect position to succeed in Boston when he had Ray, Pierce and Garnett...3 guys who all are great jump shooters at there positions. Without those guys around him, the Boston offense was better with him not controlling the ball like that.

I also wonder if Doc has CP3 controlling the ball to much, which IMO limits Paul's offense. CP3 should get a lot of opportunities to play off the ball in a free flowing offense. I think that would work better for Blake as well.
Doc has always structured his offense based on the talents of the players on the court. Nobody dominated the ball like Rondo but it was because he was such a non-threat without it. Its why they primarily only ran post sets when Rondo was on the bench, he makes it too easy to much up any post play. Dirk has completely abandoned the post game this year, its by design to preserve his body but come playoffs, you can bet Dirk is going to demand more touches down low. Thats where I think the Rondo factor will truly inhibit him. Im wondering what Carlisle will think of, hes the best at staggering lineups and running wildly different offenses depending on the bench. I think Rondo sees more time without Dirk during the playoffs for that reason.

Anyways,
CP3 is more of a threat but hes still a reluctant shooter and has areas on the court where he is at his best that wouldn't become as readily available in a flowing offense. He takes a long time to get his feet set to unload and unless someone is piercing the defense, I dont see how hes going to get many of those off. He definitely doesn't want to be a 3pt specialist. In reality, keeping the ball in his hands is in the best interest of the team, tho he has cut back on his ballhoggery over the years, hes found a great balance now (still wish he would be more aggressive but those days are over). Quite frankly, hes the greatest decision maker in the NBA, any more possessions you take from him at this point would only make us less efficient.
We've been the best offense in the NBA for years so long as CP3 is on the court so I think you're focusing on the wrong end.

Not only that, but trying to instill a motion offense when DJ is just finally embracing the nuances of being a rim rusher in this offense makes it less appealing. He and Blake dont exactly space the floor and we already struggle with our spacing from the perimeter.

One added wrinkle from last year that I haven't seen as much is that Blake isn't leading the break as much as he used to. Doc wanted CP3 to understand how important it was to give him the ball when hes leaking out but its like hes not pushing tempo anymore. Ill check the stats later to see if Blake has indeed gotten less transition touches.

G_S_W
02-19-2015, 02:16 AM
If stoudermire really joins, Rondo will have one more chance to redeem himself. People always laud him as an assisting maestro and let's just see if he can reinvigorate Amar'e like Nash did. Apparently, it is a tall task since Amar'e has already passed his prime and may just break down at any moment.

I don't think anyone is expecting this to happen. Amare is expected to provide a bit of scoring off the bench backing up Dirk and that's it.