Dick Bavetta
2 high school coaches

Automatic inductees are:

ABA Committee: Louie Dampier
International: Lindsay Gaze
Veterans: Tommy Heinsohn (as a coach)
Early African Americans: John Isaacs
Contributor: George Raveling

I would say Mutumbo, Bavetta and Leslie are the only locks. Depending on the voters, I guess Calipari as well but I'm not a fan of inducting guys in the middle of their careers -- especially when Eddie Sutton was a finalist last year and isn't this time to include both Calipari and Ryan as newcomers. The NBA class is really, really weak.

Goose17
02-16-2015, 04:51 PM
Haywood? That's controversial. A guy who sued the league and was addicted to cocaine?

Raps18-19 Champ
02-16-2015, 04:56 PM
Lol Haywood still not elected?

Tony_Starks
02-16-2015, 05:03 PM
Really hope Hardaway gets in but that's a tough one. Lisa Leslie too....

Phantom Dreamer
02-16-2015, 05:53 PM
Haywood? That's controversial. A guy who sued the league and was addicted to cocaine?You realize it's the Basketball Hall of Fame and not the "NBA Hall of Fame" right?

Goose17
02-16-2015, 06:16 PM
You realize it's the Basketball Hall of Fame and not the "NBA Hall of Fame" right?

You realise he was a cocaine addict and the NBA is the biggest basketball league in the world right?

Since when were junkies allowed to be in the HOF? On the wall of shame maybe...

Cal827
02-16-2015, 06:19 PM
You realise he was a cocaine addict and the NBA is the biggest basketball league in the world right?

Since when were junkies allowed to be in the HOF? On the wall of shame maybe...

To be fair, Denis Rodman was recently elected to the HOF, and we know he was probably on.... something.

Goose17
02-16-2015, 06:22 PM
To be fair, Denis Rodman was recently elected to the HOF, and we know he was probably on.... something.

Yeah that's a fair point.

Vincent33
02-16-2015, 06:26 PM
Plus its the basketball HoF, not the how you lived your life off the court HoF. If they deserve election based on how they played the game then so be it.

hidalgo
02-17-2015, 01:59 AM
hoping KJ & Tim Hardaway make it. if i had to choose between them, i'd say KJ

PowerHouse
02-17-2015, 02:52 AM
Mutumbo and Leslie are the only deserving players on that list. Maybe Tim Hardaway too but thats a borderline call.

Leftcoast_yg
02-17-2015, 03:29 AM

The "D"...?

Mantle7
02-17-2015, 05:09 PM
Spencer Haywood is a really tricky case.

He had one great year in college, but U-Detroit was only barely D-I at that time; he was a key part of a gold-medal Olympic team; he had a great rookie year in Denver, but the ABA was only marginally 'major-league' at that moment; when he jumped to the NBA he had 4-5 really good-to-great seasons with Seattle, and then he fell way way off, generally agreed to be largely the result of drug use.

He partially salvaged his career by being a useful player for the 1980 Lakers on the way to the title, but then that went to hell too, supposedly due to drugs.

On his playing record he's probably on the low end of borderline, but his off-court legal-historical role as the first prominent underclassman to fight for early entry might tip the scales back. On the other hand again, if his off-court life is factored in, his drug problems don't help his case.