PDA

View Full Version : Which was the best all-star weekend event?

mrblisterdundee
02-16-2015, 11:25 AM
It became apparent to me that the All-Star game itself was probably the least compelling event of the entire weekend. The NBA freshened the format of the rookie game, making it a truly competitive U.S. versus world competition. Zach LaVine unleashed possibly the best series of dunks since Vince Carter. And Stephen Curry drilled 13 shots in a row and now has the all-time record for most threes scored in a round.
So which event do you think was the most compelling?

ThuglifeJ
02-16-2015, 11:41 AM
This year? 3 pt

Tony_Starks
02-16-2015, 12:02 PM
'91 Magic Johnson walk off 3 to shut the game down.......

*edit my bad, misread I thought it was best all-star moment ever....

FraziersKnicks
02-16-2015, 12:17 PM
Probably the 3 point shootout.

SIDENOTE: If the 3 point shootout still had the same layout as previous years (only 1 money ball at the end of each rack and no full rack of money balls), Steph would've scored 23 - 2 shy of Craig Hodges and Jason Kapono's record.

FraziersKnicks
02-16-2015, 12:26 PM
The All-Star game was a huge disappointment.

133 threes attempted?! Ruins the game. If people want to see all those threes they watch the shootout.

Westbrook setting the record for most field goals ever attempted in an All-Star game is hardly surprising as well. He even managed to set the record off the bench!

Just adds up to a pretty disappointing event.

CELTICS4LYFE
02-16-2015, 12:46 PM
I thought it was the best all star weekend in a few years....first time I've actually watch the game in years also!

Good to see a lot of the best shooters in the 3pt contest, meanwhile the dunk contest is still full of scrubs. Every year we here "the dunk contest is back!" No. It won't be back till we get some players actually worth watching in it.

NYKnickFanatic
02-16-2015, 02:09 PM
Off topic but does anyone know why KD only played 10 min? Hurt?

NYKnickFanatic
02-16-2015, 02:10 PM
Also, dunk contest for me. 3pt shoot out was intense though.

mngopher35
02-16-2015, 02:14 PM
Rising stars game was fun for wolves fans and lavine put on a show in the dunk contest. Those were my favorite parts.

Goose17
02-16-2015, 02:30 PM
LaVine resurrected the dunk contest.

But the depth of talent in the 3pt contest made it the best imo.

HoopsDrive
02-16-2015, 02:36 PM
For me it goes, in order of best to worst: US vs World, 3pt, Skills, Dunk, ASG.

I liked the format of the US vs World game, added a little something extra. 3pt I guess was the next best thing, Steph was the best thing there but if it wasn't for the money rack he wouldn't have beat the record I believe. The dunk contest would have been great if Lavine had competition, the other guys were so bad, taking so many attempts to finish their dunks that it just made the entire thing horrible to watch with the exception of Lavine who was amazing. The ASG game was bad once again, don't even know why I look forward to it anymore, just a bunch of jacked shots and guys missing passes. LeBron, Steph and Russell made it fun at times but overall just bad.

YAALREADYKNO
02-16-2015, 02:47 PM
3pt contest as a whole was better than the dunk contest. Lavine was great but everyone else was avg. after oladipo's first dunk he was only ok after that. Wes Matthews came out first and got 22 points and didn't even make the finals lol that would be the high in any other yr but the best moment was when DIRK threw down that ALLEY OOP from curry lmao that was great how he did the vince carter pose and how the bench reacted to that

Kashmir13579
02-16-2015, 07:52 PM
Deff not the game