PDA

View Full Version : Amare Stoudemire bought out.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-16-2015, 12:22 AM
Where does he go?

lakerfan85
02-16-2015, 12:26 AM
China..

gatkins11
02-16-2015, 12:33 AM
Dallas.

Dade County
02-16-2015, 12:36 AM
Suns or the Clippers

NYKnickFanatic
02-16-2015, 12:41 AM
No link?

ManningToTyree
02-16-2015, 12:42 AM
Espn is reporting

Stunner
02-16-2015, 12:50 AM
@WojYahooNBA: Sources: Clippers and Mavericks have strong interest in Amar'e Stoudemire, but one darkhorse with level of intrigue is San Antonio.

FlashBolt
02-16-2015, 12:51 AM
it seems a lot of people are interested. he can be a good bench player for any team if you can get him for dirt cheap

rockets-fan
02-16-2015, 12:51 AM
Mavs would be awesome for him

Stunner
02-16-2015, 12:54 AM
@AlexKennedyNBA: The Los Angeles Clippers, Portland Trail Blazers, Phoenix Suns and Toronto Raptors are also expected to pursue bought out Amar'e Stoudemire.

@ESPNSteinLine: Grizzlies, I'm told, are another Western Conference title contender not currently in the hunt for Amar'e Stoudemire

lamzoka
02-16-2015, 12:56 AM
Why go to the clippers. Their chance of winning a championship this season is as good as the Knicks. Cavs or Spurs makes more sense

Cal827
02-16-2015, 01:00 AM
@AlexKennedyNBA: The Los Angeles Clippers, Portland Trail Blazers, Phoenix Suns and Toronto Raptors are also expected to pursue bought out Amar'e Stoudemire.

@ESPNSteinLine: Grizzlies, I'm told, are another Western Conference title contender not currently in the hunt for Amar'e Stoudemire

We need someone who can score on the inside. We've been rumored to have interest in David West, but if we can get him for a bargain price, that would be nice.

Funny enough, I think what the Raptors need is Chris Bosh (good scoring force inside). Miami, can we have him back for this season? :D

MadVillainZay
02-16-2015, 01:03 AM
I hope the Spurs pick him up. Pop would make him a serviceable player again and he would fit well in that system.

GunFactor187
02-16-2015, 01:18 AM
Nice! Here's my second chance to buy his jersey on the cheap! Missed out when he left the Suns.

Ty Fast
02-16-2015, 01:25 AM
He should go to the Clippers. He woukd get some mins with Blake out.

cmellofan15
02-16-2015, 01:31 AM
he should go back to the fountain of youth in Phoenix

THE MTL
02-16-2015, 01:43 AM
Why go to the clippers. Their chance of winning a championship this season is as good as the Knicks. Cavs or Spurs makes more sense

wait wtf did you just say????

Cal827
02-16-2015, 01:44 AM

Well, **** Shots Fired. Someone's got a bazooka ready to launch.

THE MTL
02-16-2015, 01:44 AM
he should go back to the fountain of youth in Phoenix

while suns are not title contenders and i doubt they ever get to that level in the western conference.......phoenix can resurge his career like grant hill and shaq

goingfor28
02-16-2015, 01:48 AM

:eyebrow:

Laker Legend42
02-16-2015, 02:45 AM
The clippers have interest in anyone who's ever had any success in the NBA. All doc rivers is doing is adding names. From the coaching staff right down to the roster. With his lone championship in Boston came the title of "best coach in basketball" and with all those names and a stable of ex head coaches the clips are the 6th seed at this point. Oh they also lead the league in technical fouls. The next big name for the clippers will be KG. If Brooklyn still have plans to blow him out.

BKLYNpigeon
02-16-2015, 03:04 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with the Warriors. GSW needs another back up Big.

Stoudmire played under Gentry and Kerr in PHX.

lamzoka
02-16-2015, 03:07 AM
wait wtf did you just say????

:eyebrow:

Knicks is not winning the championship. Neither do the Clippers.
THAT'S WHAT I SAID.

Cracka2HI!
02-16-2015, 03:52 AM
THAT'S WHAT I SAID.
That isn't correct. The Knicks have about as good of a chance of winning the championship as there is English being your 1st language. The Clippers have a much better chance than that.

kozelkid
02-16-2015, 04:28 AM
THAT'S WHAT I SAID.
Yes, and it sounds as stupid the second time as it did the first time you said it.

lamzoka
02-16-2015, 04:35 AM
Clippers have a better chance of missing the playoffs, than winning the championship.

They're overrated from the coach to the players. First RD exit at best and I'm willing to bet my life on that.

If Amar'e wants a ring, he better go to the Spurs, Cavs, GS, Grizzlies and maybe Mavs.

Ariza's Better
02-16-2015, 04:47 AM
Clippers have a better chance of missing the playoffs, than winning the championship.

They're overrated from the coach to the players. First RD exit at best and I'm willing to bet my life on that.

If Amar'e wants a ring, he better go to the Spurs, Cavs, GS, Grizzlies and maybe Mavs.
Wait the Mavs have more of a chance of winning a championship than the clippers? Awwww, your dumb opinions are so cute.

lamzoka
02-16-2015, 04:56 AM
Wait the Mavs have more of a chance of winning a championship than the clippers? Awwww, your dumb opinions are so cute.

A Rocket fan hating on the Mavs. What's new?

Or maybe you're just mad because I didn't include your fav team on that list

Ariza's Better
02-16-2015, 05:05 AM
A Rocket fan hating on the Mavs. What's new?

Or maybe you're just mad because I didn't include your fav team on that list
No I just think it's cute that you think the Mavs have more of a chance of winning than the clippers. As I said, your dumb opinions are cute.

lamzoka
02-16-2015, 05:08 AM
No I just think it's cute that you think the Mavs have more of a chance of winning than the clippers. As I said, your dumb opinions are cute..

Yea just like I said, you're just hating on the Mavs.

Mavs > Clippers
Mavs > Rockets

rockets-fan
02-16-2015, 05:23 AM

Mavs > Clippers
Mavs > Rockets

I'm not going to agree or disagree with this post because any of those three teams can beat eachother on any given night and if you were a competent basketball fan you would realize that and stop being defensive by automatically thinking there is hating going on.

Laker Legend42
02-16-2015, 05:30 AM
No I just think it's cute that you think the Mavs have more of a chance of winning than the clippers. As I said, your dumb opinions are cute.
Look at the clippers roster. Chris Paul,supposedly the best pg in the game. Blake griffin,the best power forward in the game. Jj reddick, one of the best shooters in the game. Oh and one of the best coaches. At best a group of overrated underachievers and. I also think doc is turning guys with all these guys he's bringing in. There have been reports going back to last season that there are issues in the locker room so adding another name makes perfect sense. With or without stoudamire I don't see a championship run from the clippers. I also think the mavs have a better shot. I Wouldn't bet my life on ijs. With all that the clippers have they are in the six spot. Something has to be said for that.

Ariza's Better
02-16-2015, 06:06 AM

Mavs > Clippers
Mavs > Rockets
I'm going to let you in on a secret, I don't hate any team. So your premise is cute, just like your opinions.

Look at the clippers roster. Chris Paul,supposedly the best pg in the game. Blake griffin,the best power forward in the game. Jj reddick, one of the best shooters in the game. Oh and one of the best coaches. At best a group of overrated underachievers and. I also think doc is turning guys with all these guys he's bringing in. There have been reports going back to last season that there are issues in the locker room so adding another name makes perfect sense. With or without stoudamire I don't see a championship run from the clippers. I also think the mavs have a better shot. I Wouldn't bet my life on ijs. With all that the clippers have they are in the six spot. Something has to be said for that.
But in saying that, Mavs are only half game ahead of them. So it's not like the Mavs are playing any better. As I said, the Mavs have just as much chance at this years championship as the clippers.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-16-2015, 07:48 AM
I'd have to agree. Doc is running the Clippers into the ground. New owners better speak up. Doc is killing the Clippers one trade at a time.

2-ONE-5
02-16-2015, 09:52 AM
yet another TANK move from the Knicks

SportsFanatic10
02-16-2015, 09:56 AM
We need someone who can score on the inside. We've been rumored to have interest in David West, but if we can get him for a bargain price, that would be nice.

Funny enough, I think what the Raptors need is Chris Bosh (good scoring force inside). Miami, can we have him back for this season? :D

bosh isn't a scoring force inside anymore, he does his damage with shooting jumpers now. i'd love to see riley trade him and that brutal 5 year deal he just gave him.

nycericanguy
02-16-2015, 10:33 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with the Warriors. GSW needs another back up Big.

Stoudmire played under Gentry and Kerr in PHX.

and Kerr basically insulted him when he left PHO saying it was a bad contract and he would never hold up...

he was right of course...lol... but still I'm sure Amare wasnt happy with that.

Would be nice to see Amare finish his career in PHO and get them into the playoffs. Maybe he can extend his career there with their medical staff.

Clips I dont think make sense, he would never see the court late in the 4th quarter with Blake & DJ there...

TheNumber37
02-16-2015, 10:43 AM
Dallas.
Warriors
Clippers
Suns
Spurs

ewing
02-16-2015, 10:44 AM
will be excited to see Amare play in some meaningful basketball games.

D-Leethal
02-16-2015, 10:56 AM
I know Dallas need a backup big since they traded Wright but I am not sure Amare is the guy for them. I like the fit with Dallas' guards but he really should never see the court at the same time as Dirk - that would just be a defensive disaster not much different than Amare and Bargs on the court together.

nycericanguy
02-16-2015, 11:37 AM
yet another TANK move from the Knicks

wow you are really insecure about Phi's tanking!...lol

2-ONE-5
02-16-2015, 11:45 AM
i just love how all the NY fans went from declaring themsevles Atlantic champs to rallying behind a massive tank job in just 50 games, mostly all bethe same ones who continually bashed the Sixers for theirs.

nycericanguy
02-16-2015, 11:57 AM
i just love how all the NY fans went from declaring themsevles Atlantic champs to rallying behind a massive tank job in just 50 games, mostly all bethe same ones who continually bashed the Sixers for theirs.

nice hyperbole!

Knicks tried this year and failed and went young...nothing wrong with that.

You're obviously extremely bothered by the perception of PHI's tanking these past few years.

Tony_Starks
02-16-2015, 12:01 PM
Getting that Amare Golden State jersey.....

IndyRealist
02-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Going to Phoenix makes too much sense for it to actually happen.

IndyRealist
02-16-2015, 12:16 PM
I'm going to let you in on a secret, I don't hate any team. So your premise is cute, just like your opinions.

But in saying that, Mavs are only half game ahead of them. So it's not like the Mavs are playing any better. As I said, the Mavs have just as much chance at this years championship as the clippers.

I think the perception is that the Mavs are on the way up, while the Clips are on the way down. Which would you tie yourself to?

FOXHOUND
02-16-2015, 12:42 PM
Amare really needs to be with a good playmaking PG to set him up for easy baskets, and really needs to get back to an offense that utilizes the PnR with said PG's. The only problem is, can he play? He has been on a small volume all year, and just like recent years as soon as they cranked him and got him some 30 minute games like he wanted his body broke down and he missed a ton of games.

He missed 18 of 22 games recently with various injuries before they let him play the last four games before the break. Sort of a showcase opportunity for teams in the buyout market, I would imagine. And in those games, he showed a little but nothing extraordinary.

Can he really help at playoff team at this stage in his career? Idk, maybe. His defense and rebounding have gotten so bad, and while he scores efficiently it's been very limited which is why his volume is so low. I think a PG and PnR situation would do wonders for him and could definitely allow him to make a far bigger impact than he's been able to, but even then it may just be a matter of time before he gets hurt anyways.

If I'm a playoff team, I don't know why I put my faith in his health.

2-ONE-5
02-16-2015, 12:47 PM
nice hyperbole!

Knicks tried this year and failed and went young...nothing wrong with that.

You're obviously extremely bothered by the perception of PHI's tanking these past few years.

Did the Knicks really try though? nah, be real. It is funny the backlash we took is all gone now bcuz of the improvement to both the team and young players already butMinny and Ny tank and no one bats an eye gives them a pass like its any different when its not.

ichitownclowni
02-16-2015, 01:11 PM
will be excited to see Amare play in some meaningful basketball games.
Yup this is what I'm looking forward to seeing!

Thumper 88
02-16-2015, 01:25 PM
Amare really needs to be with a good playmaking PG to set him up for easy baskets, and really needs to get back to an offense that utilizes the PnR with said PG's. The only problem is, can he play? He has been on a small volume all year, and just like recent years as soon as they cranked him and got him some 30 minute games like he wanted his body broke down and he missed a ton of games.

He missed 18 of 22 games recently with various injuries before they let him play the last four games before the break. Sort of a showcase opportunity for teams in the buyout market, I would imagine. And in those games, he showed a little but nothing extraordinary.

Can he really help at playoff team at this stage in his career? Idk, maybe. His defense and rebounding have gotten so bad, and while he scores efficiently it's been very limited which is why his volume is so low. I think a PG and PnR situation would do wonders for him and could definitely allow him to make a far bigger impact than he's been able to, but even then it may just be a matter of time before he gets hurt anyways.

If I'm a playoff team, I don't know why I put my faith in his health.
If he goes with the Mavs I doubt he ever sees more than 20 minutes

FOXHOUND
02-16-2015, 01:57 PM
If he goes with the Mavs I doubt he ever sees more than 20 minutes

I think the Mavs is the best destination for him too. They have the coaching, guard play and opportunity to be out there with Tyson to cover up his weaknesses. And yes, definitely for them not needing him to do TOO much, but really just come in a score a bit. Even then he may not last, but that's his best chance.

Redrum187
02-16-2015, 02:13 PM
It makes the most sense to go to the Mavericks. They would still need another back up big man.

Barea,Jefferson, Aminu, Villanueva, Stoudemire

That is pretty good quality depth. The Bucks are buying out Larry Sanders, I'm not sure if the Mavericks would be willing to put any stock in him, but I think they have the right players/coach to turn him around as well...

PG: JJ Barea
SG: Devin Harris
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu - Richard Jefferson
PF: Amare Stoudemire - Charlie Villanueva
C: Larry Sanders

nastynice
02-16-2015, 03:04 PM
I don't watch the knicks so I don't know how Stat is, but if he is at least a decent defensive presence down low and can get boards, then I'd def like to see gsw take a shot at him. Can't rely on Bogut to stay healthy, cuz if he goes down, its last year all over again

*Silver&Black*
02-16-2015, 03:11 PM
Why not Hawks? Need a rotational big and rebounding. Horford, Millsap, Amare would be nice in the East.

2-ONE-5
02-16-2015, 04:20 PM
I don't watch the knicks so I don't know how Stat is, but if he is at least a decent defensive presence down low and can get boards, then I'd def like to see gsw take a shot at him. Can't rely on Bogut to stay healthy, cuz if he goes down, its last year all over again

when has he ever?

Ariza's Better
02-16-2015, 05:03 PM
I think the perception is that the Mavs are on the way up, while the Clips are on the way down. Which would you tie yourself to?
Neither, but gun to my head? Clippers. I'm still not convinced Ellis and Rondo work.

ChitownSports16
02-16-2015, 05:10 PM
when has he ever?

I was gonna say too.. Not only that but he's counting on stat staying heathy.

blahblahyoutoo
02-16-2015, 07:23 PM
knicks is... back?

blahblahyoutoo
02-16-2015, 07:37 PM

yup, one is in the thick of the playoff hunt in the tough west, the other team is trying to not end with the worst record in franchise history. same exact chances.

blahblahyoutoo
02-16-2015, 07:39 PM
That isn't correct. The Knicks have about as good of a chance of winning the championship as there is English being your 1st language. The Clippers have a much better chance than that.

is ebonics a dialect of english?

LA_Raiders
02-16-2015, 10:21 PM
Clips or heat are the better fix

Ezio
02-16-2015, 10:38 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski retweeted
Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 8m8 minutes ago
Amar'e Stoudemire has committed to sign with the Dallas Mavericks, league sources tell ******.

xxplayerxx23
02-16-2015, 10:39 PM
He's going to the mavs

GodsSon
02-16-2015, 10:41 PM
Confirmed he's headed to Dallas

Young2Kinsler
02-16-2015, 11:01 PM
Perfect fit, can backup the 4 and 5 here since Oneal can't play this year

WVNowitzki
02-16-2015, 11:15 PM
Love this pickup, solid back up for the vet min!

Redrum187
02-17-2015, 02:16 AM
Is it official Jermaine O'Neal won't play this year or just not YET?

O'Neal would make Dallas fully complete.

NYKnickFanatic
02-17-2015, 02:23 AM
^ or just sign Sanders when he is bought out lol

lkingratedr
02-17-2015, 02:47 AM
im confused by amare signing with dallas... he basically goes to dallas to play with 2 guys he couldnt win with in nyc ... i can see the mavs getting torched on defense if they ever put him felton Villanueva on the floor at the same time ... he should have went clippers or spurs

Mr.B
02-17-2015, 02:58 AM
im confused by amare signing with dallas... he basically goes to dallas to play with 2 guys he couldnt win with in nyc ... i can see the mavs getting torched on defense if they ever put him felton Villanueva on the floor at the same time ... he should have went clippers or spurs

Well Felton rarely plays. He's the last guard on the bench. And Chandler has been the 2nd or 3rd best player on the team. He probably deserved the All Star bid over Dirk, and Dirk would even tell you that.

Amare has been brought to Dallas for 1 reason. Score off the bench the way Brandan Wright did. Finish the P&R with a dunk. He will very likely be in the rotation with Chandler and Aminu. Those two will cover up any defensive deficiencies Amare might have.

Also keep in mind the Amare are not done yet. I don't know if they will actually take a flyer on Larry Sanders but I have no doubt at all they more moves will be made. I fully expect them to bring in another big man besides Amare.

SHONIE
02-17-2015, 03:11 AM
Rondo/Barea
Monta/Harris
Parsons/Aminu
Dirk/Amare/Charlie Vil
Tyson/Larry Sanders

That is depth with an array of scoring options and some nice interior defense with tyson and larry

Chronz
02-17-2015, 04:28 AM
I was almost excited to finally land a bench caliber big.

D-Leethal
02-17-2015, 08:09 AM
I don't love the fit with Dallas. He always struggled next to Tyson due to spacing and redundancy in their pick and roll prowess, STAT basically became a jump shooter when Tyson was on the court and always struggled to find a rhythm. Him next to Dirk could have him-next-to-Bargs-like negative impact defensively. Him next to Charlie V. seems like a disaster too. He would be a great fit with those guards but I don't see a big man on the roster he will thrive next too.

I'll be interested to see how Carlisle uses him next to Tyson.

tredigs
02-17-2015, 08:14 AM
^He won't be next to Tyson very often. He'll be in the Brandan Wright role in the backup PnR setup, just with less explosion/length and worse D. Still think that trade was a mistake.

Badluck33
02-17-2015, 08:36 AM
NYK really screwed the pooch by giving him that ridiculous contract in the first place. And then amnestying Billups!!

I'm not a NYK fan (Fun rivalry between bulls all them years) but I can feel good about saying that I dont see the Knicks doing anything of significance in the next 4-5 years. Other side of that coin makes me sad because a ECF between the Bulls vs. Knicks would be huuuuge for rating and for the fans. That makes for a good and fun NBA playoffs.

D-Leethal
02-17-2015, 08:51 AM
^He won't be next to Tyson very often. He'll be in the Brandan Wright role in the backup PnR setup, just with less explosion/length and worse D. Still think that trade was a mistake.

At C next to Charlie V? Offensively makes sense but could be a disaster on D. When we ran him out there at C next to Copeland a few years back we would look great on O but end up being outscored on a nightly basis on D.

Amare is a tough guy to put pieces around - he really needs a particular set of players to thrive on O and not get walloped on D. When he is thriving he can look unstoppable at times. When he is rusty and "finding his rhythm" he might be the ugliest player to watch in the league. I hope it works - I'll be rooting for Dallas.

D-Leethal
02-17-2015, 08:58 AM
That was one thing I always said to the big Amare supporters in the Knick forum - when you have a guy that you are unable to play 2-3 players next to him in the same rotation it might be time to take him out of the rotation. It literally seemed like there was one unit at times Amare would thrive with.

I love Amare the person, seems like an awesome dude, warrior spirit, I will always root for him, but once D'Antoni left and we traded for Melo he was a massive liability far more often than not and our W-L record w/out vs w/Amare was freakin' insane up until this year.