PDA

View Full Version : Mock Trade Game (Round 1) Chicago vs New York

Shammyguy3
02-14-2015, 01:27 PM
The Bulls' forum hosted the Mock Trade game again this year. Teams were combined to make an even 20 team league. Conferences were adjusted to compensate for disparity in talent. The top-8 teams in each conference made the playoffs. Vote on the poll for which team you think would win in a 7-game series. Players are considered 100% healthy. If they have been out the whole year, use the last season that they played and take about 80% of their production to vote (e.g. Paul George).

3. Chicago (Home Court)
PG: Mike Conley | Kirk Hinrich
SG: DeMar Derozan | Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF: Carmelo Anthony | Doug McDermott | Reggie Bullock
PF: Ryan Anderson | Nikola Mirotic | Ekpe Udoh
C: Omer Asik | Nazr Mohammed

6. New York
PG: Kyrie Irving - Corey Joesph
SG: Tony Allen - Jamal Crawford
SF: Jeff Green - Matt Barnes - Danilo Gallinari
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge - Spencer Hawes
C: Marcin Gortat - Kosta Koufos - Jusuf Nurkic

New York Write-UP

I want to give credit to my first round opponent AI. You did a great job. May the better GM get the win! I think this is a good matchup for my team. Top to bottom. At the top I would take Aldridge, Irving and Gortat as my top 3 over Melo, Conley and DeRozan. The matchups work out favorably as well. The Bulls top 2 scorers are on the wings in Melo and DeRozan. My team has 2 great wing defenders to stay with them in Tony Allen in Jeff Green. Conley is a great player but he's not going to beat you by himself on the offensive end. Kyrie Irving and Mike Conley are completely different players. It would be a fun matchup to watch.

My bigs would be a bad matchup for his as well. Ryan Anderson would have to guard LeMarcus Aldridge. That wouldn't work well. There is a reason Ryan Anderson doesn't start for the Pelicans. Asik couldn't guard Aldridge out on the perimeter and taking him away from the rim would further hurt their defense. Anderson would likely be burned by Aldridge all game and this would be the key matchup of the series. Asik isn't going to get any points and would have his hands full with Gortat. Gortat and Aldridge complement each other very well. Aldridge can play pick and roll and out on the perimeter while Gortat gets his down low.

Another key to the series in my favor would be depth. This one is in our favor by a landslide. My team boasts a deep bench led by perennial 6th man of year candidate Jamal Crawford. The Bulls do have decent players off the bench in Mirotic and Hinrich but the others aren't real rotation players. My 11th and 12th man Danilo Galinari and Jusef Nurkic would be the Bulls 8th and 9th men.

We have 2 very different teams but if you look at all the matchups I don't see very many that are favorable for the Bulls.

Shammyguy3
02-14-2015, 06:47 PM
c'mon voters

Redrum187
02-14-2015, 07:42 PM
The spacing for New York is pretty bad. Green and Allen don't shoot well enough to spread the floor and keep the defense honest, Aldridge doesn't take enough 3's, leaving Kyrie the only threat... Another issue is that Kyrie is one of the best drivers/finishes at the rim, but he won't have the usual spacing he's accustom to.

I do like New Yorks bench a lot more though. Omer Asik and Ryan Anderson is not the greatest 4/5 to start a champsionship contending team. Carmelo Anthony and Demar Derozan jack up many a shot... they aren't a good duo at all.

I'll wait to hear responses from both teams.

KnicksorBust
02-14-2015, 08:12 PM
No right answer here for me.

Shammyguy3
02-14-2015, 08:47 PM
Chicago's bench is SOOOOOOOOOOOO bad, it costs them this series considering New York is a decently composed roster up and down. Gortat/LMA will be a handful for Asik to guard, and he'll get in foul trouble and has never played elite minutes previously. You're relying on a 39 year old Nazr Mohammed to cover the front-court of New York for at least 15 minutes a night.

Kirk is one of the worst players in the league at this point. McDermott is lost defensively still.

It's New York in 5 games honestly.

Cracka2HI!
02-15-2015, 04:36 AM
The spacing for New York is pretty bad. Green and Allen don't shoot well enough to spread the floor and keep the defense honest, Aldridge doesn't take enough 3's, leaving Kyrie the only threat... Another issue is that Kyrie is one of the best drivers/finishes at the rim, but he won't have the usual spacing he's accustom to.

I do like New Yorks bench a lot more though. Omer Asik and Ryan Anderson is not the greatest 4/5 to start a champsionship contending team. Carmelo Anthony and Demar Derozan jack up many a shot... they aren't a good duo at all.

I'll wait to hear responses from both teams.

I don't disagree that my New York team's spacing is our biggest issue. It may be our only issue as the team is constructed nearly perfect otherwise. If I were able to keep Danny Green instead of Tony Allen I think I'd be in the championship picture. I'm not going to call Jeff Green a floor spacer but he does jack up over 4, 3's a game. Jamal Crawford would also play just as many or more minutes than Allen at the 2. The only reason I list Crawford as the backup is because he is much better as a 6th man and Allen is a starter on the one of the best team's in the NBA. I think Shammy pretty much nailed it. Melo/Conley/DeRozan is a great big 3 but with none of them being a big it may not even be better than my big 3 of LMA/Kyrie/Gortat. The rest of Bulls team is kind of a mess.

Shammyguy3
02-15-2015, 01:20 PM
bump

valade16
02-15-2015, 04:30 PM
I don't disagree that my New York team's spacing is our biggest issue. It may be our only issue as the team is constructed nearly perfect otherwise. If I were able to keep Danny Green instead of Tony Allen I think I'd be in the championship picture. I'm not going to call Jeff Green a floor spacer but he does jack up over 4, 3's a game. Jamal Crawford would also play just as many or more minutes than Allen at the 2. The only reason I list Crawford as the backup is because he is much better as a 6th man and Allen is a starter on the one of the best team's in the NBA. I think Shammy pretty much nailed it. Melo/Conley/DeRozan is a great big 3 but with none of them being a big it may not even be better than my big 3 of LMA/Kyrie/Gortat. The rest of Bulls team is kind of a mess.

Unless I'm mistaken Allen is now on the bench in Memphis.

Cracka2HI!
02-15-2015, 05:17 PM
^ That is correct. It must have happened recently. He was starting when I traded for him. His move to the bench hasn't changed his minutes.

AI
02-16-2015, 11:36 AM
Bump

Shammyguy3
02-16-2015, 08:01 PM
New York wins in a pitiful 4-3 voters fashion.