PDA

View Full Version : DMC and George Karl... Fire and Gasoline or an Even Balance?

DemarDerozan
02-12-2015, 10:47 PM
Boogie Cousins has become one of the most outspoken but also respectable young players in recent years. He is like Shaq with a brain.

George Karl earned a reputation for old school discipline and being a hardnosed coach during his tenure in Denver.

DMC has voiced his objection against this move.

Will these two mix well or will DMC be on the market soon? I am really confused by the SAC front office. They are risking losing a top ten player and welcoming another five years of rebuilding if this doesn't work.

Sactown
02-12-2015, 11:22 PM
DMC has not voiced any objections on the move his agent did because he doesn't personally like Karl...

DMC has stated he doesn't care , he just wants stability

I honestly think if Karl and DMC will work fine Togrther and I'm sure he has a lot of respect for what Karl has accomplished in his career as a coach

LakersIn5
02-12-2015, 11:29 PM
Trade him to the lakers in the offseason

DemarDerozan
02-15-2015, 06:30 PM

Imagine a big man rotation of DMC, Randle and Jordan Hill.
That would be a nightmare of a front court for any other team.
You have your rim protector and your scorer with a solid tweaner coming off the bench. If they added Greg Monroe for 10-12mil per year at the starting PF position they would be unstoppable.

kingsdelez24
02-15-2015, 06:57 PM

Imagine a big man rotation of DMC, Randle and Jordan Hill.
That would be a nightmare of a front court for any other team.
You have your rim protector and your scorer with a solid tweaner coming off the bench. If they added Greg Monroe for 10-12mil per year at the starting PF position they would be unstoppable.

Lol, what are the Lakers gonna offer? A washing machine, a bag of nuts and bolts, and a future conditional cough drop wrapper?

curtcocaine
02-15-2015, 08:12 PM
Lol, what are the Lakers gonna offer? A washing machine, a bag of nuts and bolts, and a future conditional cough drop wrapper?
Rings, are a championship banner.....

GoferKing_
02-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Sorry dude but you are writing about something that you dont't know jack.

IndyRealist
02-15-2015, 09:15 PM
I can't see both of them making it though their respective contracts still on the Kings. Karl-ball is not conductive to a low post player like Cousins.

KnicksorBust
02-15-2015, 09:24 PM
I can't see both of them making it though their respective contracts still on the Kings. Karl-ball is not conductive to a low post player like Cousins.

And "Showtime" Pat Riley ball never would have fit the 90s Knicks. You dont think Karl can adjust?

JEDean89
02-15-2015, 09:25 PM
The kings will miss the playoffs the next 2 years then be perennial 1st round exits. that is the gk way.

Cal827
02-16-2015, 01:03 AM
The front office were plain stupid for firing Malone.

IBleedPurple
02-16-2015, 04:10 AM
Karl is one of the best managers of players in the modern era. Not the few elite coaches, but just below that. Should be fine, impossible to know now.

Vee-Rex
02-16-2015, 12:14 PM
All I know is Karl had a bunch of scrubs in Denver (ok, not scrubs, but certainly no all-stars) playing out of their minds. They were a dangerous team with him, then nothing without him.

IndyRealist
02-16-2015, 12:18 PM
And "Showtime" Pat Riley ball never would have fit the 90s Knicks. You dont think Karl can adjust?
Karl? No. He does not adjust to his personnel, he trades them for people who fit his style of offense. George Karl should not be mentioned in the same breath as Pat Riely.

IndyRealist
02-16-2015, 12:20 PM
All I know is Karl had a bunch of scrubs in Denver (ok, not scrubs, but certainly no all-stars) playing out of their minds. They were a dangerous team with him, then nothing without him.

He runs a gimmicky offense which gets regular season wins, because no one bothers to gameplan for it. It falls apart in the postseason with no defense to support it.

Kyben36
02-16-2015, 12:56 PM
Ive avoided this thread for a couple days now, but finally decided to say what i think

Karl and DMC are going to be perfect for one another IMO, i think DMC is getting tired of dis respect, and a coach like Karl can get the best out of him and make him the centerpeice of that team. I think its obviously up to DMC to come together and accept his coaching, but at this point, DMC has been through 4 years strait of loosing, statistically is one of the best Centers in the game, and still gets no respect what so ever.

that team is kinda already build for karl as well, Karl used to have the Nuggets running like hell, having them hit running lanes and scoring with ease, with guys like Mclemore and Gay, you have those wings, not to mention collison

in the end though, i think the team is going to make a brash move to trade for Williams, which is not the best move imo. i think williams is done, and no where near the caliber of player he used to be, i think sticking young with colison would be the smart move, but the kings FO is known for making, lets call them Brash decisions..