PDA

View Full Version : Enes Kanter Wants Out of Utah

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 05:58 PM
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865621718/Utah-Jazz-big-man-Enes-Kanter-hopes-to-be-traded-by-next-weeks-deadline.html?pg=all

DALLAS — Moments after the Utah Jazz lost to the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday night, Enes Kanter gave Jeremy Evans a big hug and told Derrick Favors he’d see him again.

If Kanter gets his wish, it just won’t be as teammates.

The 22-year-old forward/center relayed a message to Utah media in the locker room — first to The Salt Lake Tribune and then to the Deseret News — that he hopes to be traded before the Feb. 19 deadline.

Kanter, who only played 18 minutes in the Jazz’s 87-82 loss, was too frustrated to go into details about his decision to come public with this news.

It’s not new news to the Jazz, by the way.

Kanter’s agent, fellow Turk Max Ergul, has been trying to get the 6-foot-11 big man traded from Utah for years, according to a source with knowledge on the subject.

Kanter's camp has “really turned up the heat” on Jazz management for a trade in recent weeks, the source added.

Not surprisingly, Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey responded with a “No comment.”

Also, Ergul denied to the Deseret News that he’s been trying to get the Jazz to trade Kanter for years.

Either way, Kanter’s camp has never been pleased with the way the third pick of the 2011 draft has been used by the Jazz, and frustrations have only increased despite a welcomed coaching change.

One big problem for Kanter, who hopes to be traded, is that there has been little to no interest from other teams, the Deseret News has been told.

Earlier in his career, Kanter was in a tough position because the Jazz had veteran bigs Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap ahead of him in the rotation. This season, second-year center Rudy Gobert and veteran Trevor Booker have received playing time in a four-man frontcourt rotation, which also includes starting center Derrick Favors.

Kanter is averaging career-bests in points (14.0 ppg) and rebounds (7.8 ppg). But he’s averaging less than one minute per game more than last year (27.3, up from 26.7).

Kanter finished with six points and 10 rebounds in his 18-minute outing in Wednesday’s loss to Dallas.

He did not return after being hit in the face and leaving the game holding his eye in the second half.

“I don't know what it was, but it was not my eye at all,” he said. “So we'll see what's going to happen.”

I'm curious and shocked why there isn't more interest from other teams. There are a number of contending teams that could use a big, at least off the bench (Dallas, Houston, etc...)

Where would he fit in best? What is he worth?

BKdoubleStacker
02-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Pretty nice player with potential. He will garner plenty of interest

spreadeagle
02-12-2015, 06:19 PM
I like em, send em to the Raps for Amir Johnson and a first

Goose17
02-12-2015, 06:19 PM
OKC should at least make an offer. Anything is an upgrade over Perkins. They could bench Adams or bring Kanter off the bench.

Sandman
02-12-2015, 06:27 PM
When reached for comment, other Jazz players said "wait, you can do that?"

Goose17
02-12-2015, 06:29 PM
When reached for comment, other Jazz players said "wait, you can do that?"

:laugh2:

JasonJohnHorn
02-12-2015, 06:35 PM
He's only played on a lottery team and nobody wants to be the one to have to pay him out a mx or near max deal when his rookie contract is up because he hasn't shown enough to be worth that much, but that is what the market will dictate.

dhopisthename
02-12-2015, 06:59 PM
he is a bad defender who has no desire to pass. he offense is pretty good, but he is such a selfish player that the coaches had a hard time playing him

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 08:10 PM
he is a bad defender who has no desire to pass. he offense is pretty good, but he is such a selfish player that the coaches had a hard time playing him

My thoughts of him as well. He would make a great back up C/PF off the bench. I know he wants to start, but even for a rental, he is better than a dominant majority of back up big men.

5ass
02-12-2015, 08:31 PM
OKC should at least make an offer. Anything is an upgrade over Perkins. They could bench Adams or bring Kanter off the bench.

OKC does not need to be chasing potential players at this time. The clock is ticking. They need to get proven players that can help them now.

KingstonHawke
02-12-2015, 08:37 PM
They should send Kanter, Burke, and Booker to LA for Lin, Kelly, Davis, and the Rockets 1st rounder that LA has.

I'd love that deal from both sides.

If I'm Utah, getting back a quality back up big with potential and a great deal, a late first round pick, and an extra $5 mil to spend is a nice haul for a guy that has no future with the team, and another that they don't seem to like at all in Burke.

If I'm LA, I'm getting two potential starters going forward that can coexist with Kobe, and then take over the team when leaves. But I'm doing so without making the team so good that they fall out of the bottom 5 and miss their chance at Okafor/Mundiay.

Burke at the 1, Kobe at the 2, and Mundiay coming off the bench playing some of both would be a nice backcourt. Then I'd turn around and still sign Monroe. Randle, Monroe, and Kanter would be a nice rotation in the post the way Odom/Gasol/Bynum was.

GoferKing_
02-12-2015, 08:43 PM
They should send Kanter, Burke, and Booker to LA for Lin, Kelly, Davis, and the Rockets 1st rounder that LA has.

If I'm Utah, getting back a quality back up big with potential and a great deal, a late first round pick, and an extra $5 mil to spend is a nice haul for a guy that has no future with the team, and another that they don't seem to like at all in Burke.

If I'm LA, I'm getting two potential starters going forward that can coexist with Kobe, and then take over the team when leaves. But I'm doing so without making the team so good that they fall out of the bottom 5 and miss their chance at Okafor/Mundiay.

Burke at the 1, Kobe at the 2, and Mundiay coming off the bench playing some of both would be a nice backcourt. Then I'd turn around and still sign Monroe. Randle, Monroe, and Kanter would be a nice rotation in the post the way Odom/Gasol/Bynum was.

What? This is hardly fair for Jazz...

KingstonHawke
02-12-2015, 08:52 PM

How not?

IKnowHoops
02-12-2015, 08:57 PM

This is a heaping pile of deuce for the Jazz. No Jazz fan loves this trade.

Teeboy1487
02-12-2015, 09:10 PM

No thanks for the Lakers. Would rather tank hard and draft far better versions of Kanter.

goingfor28
02-12-2015, 09:10 PM

Lol what? No way in hell Jazz say yes to that

KingstonHawke
02-12-2015, 09:20 PM
This is a heaping pile of deuce for the Jazz. No Jazz fan loves this trade.

Already your opinion lost some of it's weight when you said "fan". Fans always overvalue their guys going out. But if the guy was that valuable then he'd most likely not be on his way out of town. You're not getting an all-star for two guys who ride the bench but have potential. Best you can hope for is money, picks, and rotational players.

And if I was Utah I'd definitely make LA throw in an extra $3 mil. And I'd try to retain Lin in back role just to try and steal some of that Asian market. He's still one of the bigger sports names in China.

If you want me to really be honest, I'd try and move Hayward, Burks, and Novak's deals (which I hate) to Philly for MCW (who lives on the trading block) and/or Noel, and expiring contacts. Let Philly pair those two wings with their young point and center. And let the Jazz save enough money to offer two big deals.

You fans always forget that this is a business, and that money permeates everything. Expiring contracts are hugely valuable, and ticket /jersey sales matter.

dhopisthename
02-12-2015, 10:42 PM
Already your opinion lost some of it's weight when you said "fan". Fans always overvalue their guys going out. But if the guy was that valuable then he'd most likely not be on his way out of town. You're not getting an all-star for two guys who ride the bench but have potential. Best you can hope for is money, picks, and rotational players.

And if I was Utah I'd definitely make LA throw in an extra $3 mil. And I'd try to retain Lin in back role just to try and steal some of that Asian market. He's still one of the bigger sports names in China.

If you want me to really be honest, I'd try and move Hayward, Burks, and Novak's deals (which I hate) to Philly for MCW (who lives on the trading block) and/or Noel, and expiring contacts. Let Philly pair those two wings with their young point and center. And let the Jazz save enough money to offer two big deals.

You fans always forget that this is a business, and that money permeates everything. Expiring contracts are hugely valuable, and ticket /jersey sales matter.

your trades are horrendous

THE MTL
02-12-2015, 10:57 PM
He has potential and just needs the consistent playing time

KingstonHawke
02-13-2015, 12:01 AM
your trades are horrendous

Yes, making the team worse to better position them to draft a franchise changer, plus adding young/cheap rotational talent and a starter, while making millions of dollars , AND clearing up enough money that you could go after big men like Gasol, Monroe, or Jordan is a horrendous idea.

Next year you could be looking at a backcourt rotation of MCW/Mundiay/Exum and a frontcourt featuring Favors and Deandre Jordan. You're right, definitely smarter to just keep overpaying who you have now. It's not like you'd have to max out Kanter eventually to get him to stay.

Everybody complained about the Pau to LA deal. And they did so because they are all dumb. That was an excellent deal for the Grizzlies. It netted them Marc, Randolph, and Love. This is chess, not checkers.

dhopisthename
02-13-2015, 01:13 AM
Yes, making the team worse to better position them to draft a franchise changer, plus adding young/cheap rotational talent and a starter, while making millions of dollars , AND clearing up enough money that you could go after big men like Gasol, Monroe, or Jordan is a horrendous idea.

Next year you could be looking at a backcourt rotation of MCW/Mundiay/Exum and a frontcourt featuring Favors and Deandre Jordan. You're right, definitely smarter to just keep overpaying who you have now. It's not like you'd have to max out Kanter eventually to get him to stay.

Everybody complained about the Pau to LA deal. And they did so because they are all dumb. That was an excellent deal for the Grizzlies. It netted them Marc, Randolph, and Love. This is chess, not checkers.

except why would philly make that trade? why would jordan leave the clippers? why would we want carter williams? why would we sign jordan if we have noel and gobert? you trades just makes zero sense.

PurpleLynch
02-13-2015, 08:12 AM
He's a fairly good center,but like Vuc,his defense is just not there.
He would be a good bench piece for a contender who misses big men:Okc,Spurs,Hawks...

2-ONE-5
02-13-2015, 09:55 AM

what the hell? umm no thank you, keep that nonsense out of here

futureman
02-13-2015, 02:27 PM

I as a Jazz fan don't value Burke and Kanter as highly as some people do. Burke is a lousy shooter and the only reason he scores a lot is because he takes a lot of shots. His Defense is bad also. I envisioned him being nothing more than a back up PG when the Jazz drafted him. I still think he is best suited for the bench. Kanter, while he can rebound and score, can't pass or defend. He is the type of player that will put up huge numbers on bad teams. I would actually take the Lakers deal if they made that offer. Booker I like but he's expendable.

futureman
02-13-2015, 02:30 PM

Haywards deal was bad at first but he is averaging 20ppg. He is worth every penny of that deal. If they trade Hayward I would want Embiid and this years first rounder along with it.

2-ONE-5
02-13-2015, 03:03 PM
Haywards deal was bad at first but he is averaging 20ppg. He is worth every penny of that deal. If they trade Hayward I would want Embiid and this years first rounder along with it.

you must be on some ****. Scoring 20ppg on a bad Jazz team who doesnt have any other scorers doesnt equate to that kind of value.

Redrum187
02-13-2015, 03:07 PM
you must be on some ****. Scoring 20ppg on a bad Jazz team who doesnt have any other scorers doesnt equate to that kind of value.

I would pay him that contract if I could predict he would turn into the player he is now. I even said this past offseason that he has the potential to live up to that [insane] contract.

He is the number 1 scoring option and gets the opposing team's primary defensive wing put on him. Should he be a number 1 option, DEFINITELY not, but the fact he is able to play at a very high level and put up numbers all across the board makes him deserving of his contract. I'm happy for him and the Jazz.

2-ONE-5
02-13-2015, 03:10 PM
it doesnt make him worth Embiid and a top 1-5 overall pick next year. I wouldnt even trade Embiid straight up for him

BChydro86
02-13-2015, 03:14 PM

Why would the sixers do that? Their whole thing is no bad contracts, maintaining flexibility, and building from within.

Not to mention Noel is better than kanter. Noel anchors one of the best defenses in basketball.

Redrum187
02-13-2015, 03:14 PM
it doesnt make him worth Embiid and a top 1-5 overall pick next year. I wouldnt even trade Embiid straight up for him

I can't comment on that. If there is one thing for certain, lottery players are not a surefire building block in this league.

You might be right (and probably are) about Embiid, but some people think a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

I don't think the trade makes sense for either party either.

BChydro86
02-13-2015, 03:16 PM

Me either. It's insane that it's even being brought up.

BChydro86
02-13-2015, 03:17 PM
I can't comment on that. If there is one thing for certain, lottery players are not a surefire building block in this league.

You might be right (and probably are) about Embiid, but some people think a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Not in the NBA where mediocrity and lack of cap room can kill a franchise.

Redrum187
02-13-2015, 03:19 PM
Not in the NBA where mediocrity and lack of cap room can kill a franchise.

Agreed. The deal wouldn't make sense.

futureman
02-17-2015, 01:45 PM

You must be on some even worse **** if you think Noel and MCW can equal Haywards kind of value. When MCW or Noel can drop 30 against the best team in the west and win the game like Hayward can, then you can say they equal his value, when MCW or Noel can make buzzer beater against Cleveland, then you can say they equal his value. Not to mention playing a big role in beating the Spurs, Grizzles and Bulls. The Jazz maybe a bad team but it's not the same thing when a guy can have a good game against great teams and actually win the game unlike MCW and Noel.