PDA

View Full Version : Melo done for the year after Sunday

Stunner
02-12-2015, 04:03 PM
@SportsCenter: Carmelo Anthony says it's "very likely" he'll be done for the season after All-Star Game. http://t.co/NrvrRMEUvg http://t.co/UjV233suor

xxplayerxx23
02-12-2015, 04:04 PM
tank on!!! Hope this gets us that worst record.

goingfor28
02-12-2015, 04:05 PM
He should be done now and let someone deserving in the AS game

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 04:06 PM
Pretty lame he is going to play in the All Star game then... Since you are "injured" and are on the sh**tiest team in the league, let someone who actaully deserves to be in the All Star game replace you... Brandon Knight.

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 04:06 PM

Agreed!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Pretty lame he is going to play in the All Star game then... Since you are "injured" and are on the sh**tiest team in the league, let someone who actaully deserves to be in the All Star game replace you... Brandon Knight. Don't worry Bucks fans are use to seeing our players snubbed. Glenn Robinson got snubbed for injured Grant Hill. Hill was injured entire season but fans voted him in as a starter and he was magically healthy to start playing that game. Think Robinson got in as a injury replacement. But still.

Stunner
02-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Can you blame him , How many times in your life do you get to start in an all star game in your hometown ?

Stunner
02-12-2015, 04:11 PM
Knight wasn't snubbed tho lol just other players more deserving made the reserves . Blame the fans for Melo

GiantsSwaGG
02-12-2015, 04:12 PM
Can you blame him , How many times in your life do you get to start in an all star game in your hometown ?

He's selfish and these are the reasons I hate him. Let someone else play in the all star game.

colinskik
02-12-2015, 04:14 PM

True, BUT this isn't the first time something like this has happened and probably won't be the last.

Since it's in NY and he got so many fan votes I can look the other way.

Watch him win MVP though and then shut it down.

NYKnickFanatic
02-12-2015, 04:17 PM
I'm sure if the ASG wasn't in NY, he would sit out. He can't miss the opportunity to start in the ASG that his city is hosting. Call him selfish if you'd like, but it is a rare thing and I'm sure other players would do the same.

Tony_Starks
02-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Philly make actually lose the tankfest this year....I didn't even know such things were possible! They're going to have to do something really drastic signing Iverson...

xxplayerxx23
02-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Who in the east was snubbed over melo though? Am I missing a player?

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 04:19 PM
True, BUT this isn't the first time something like this has happened and probably won't be the last.

Since it's in NY and he got so many fan votes I can look the other way.

Watch him win MVP though and then shut it down.

If the East gets the opening tip-off, Coach Bud should immediately call timeout and make Carmelo sit his @$$ on the bench the entire game to ensure he doesn't have even a remote chance of being All Star game MVP.

Not only would that be the fair thing since Melo is "injured" and will more than likely end his season, but I predict this makes Coach Bud even more popular than he already is (maybe not with Knick fans).

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 04:23 PM
Who in the east was snubbed over melo though? Am I missing a player?

Brandon Knight has consistently lead his Bucks to an astronomically better record than Carmelo Anthony. For me personally, the ASG is not about picking the best players, if they did that, half the players on the East and West shouldn't/wouldn't make the roster... it's about players that have played amazingly, and who may or may not be the best in their respective positions, but nevertheless put their team in position to contend for a playoff position.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2015, 04:23 PM
Knight wasn't snubbed tho lol just other players more deserving made the reserves . Blame the fans for Melo

Knight getting in is like a double edge sword. I wanted a Buck in. But at same time probably drives up RFA price in Knight. But then again not much of a PG market for free agents. Only two desperate teams id see offering baby max $15M per would be Knicks and Lakers. Heck maybe Detroit would be sorry and wish they had him back as well. Rockets could use a PG. But mainly mentioned Dragic. But Rockets capped strapped.

xxplayerxx23
02-12-2015, 04:27 PM
Knight getting in is like a double edge sword. I wanted a Buck in. But at same time probably drives up RFA price in Knight. But then again not much of a PG market for free agents. Only two desperate teams id see offering baby max $15M per would be Knicks and Lakers. Heck maybe Detroit would be sorry and wish they had him back as well. Rockets could use a PG. But mainly mentioned Dragic. But Rockets capped strapped.

Doubt the knicks offered 15 mill for knight.
Maybe tho but I wouldn't count on it

colinskik
02-12-2015, 04:28 PM
If the East gets the opening tip-off, Coach Bud should immediately call timeout and make Carmelo sit his @$$ on the bench the entire game to ensure he doesn't have even a remote chance of being All Star game MVP.

Not only would that be the fair thing since Melo is "injured" and will more than likely end his season, but I predict this makes Coach Bud even more popular than he already is (maybe not with Knick fans).

How old are you?

The real fair thing would be for Melo to play his *** off since the fans voted him in and want to see him play.

xxplayerxx23
02-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Brandon Knight has consistently lead his Bucks to an astronomically better record than Carmelo Anthony. For me personally, the ASG is not about picking the best players, if they did that, half the players on the East and West shouldn't/wouldn't make the roster... it's about players that have played amazingly, and who may or may not be the best in their respective positions, but nevertheless put their team in position to contend for a playoff position.

I disagree, I think some players want to win the game lol melo is clearly better then him imo oh well it's in his hometown he's ganna play.

xxplayerxx23
02-12-2015, 04:31 PM
I didn't see that but that's hilarious and would never happen media would rip bud apart for that lol

Stunner
02-12-2015, 04:33 PM
He's selfish and these are the reasons I hate him. Let someone else play in the all star game.

He's selfish because he was voted in by the fans who want to see him play , it's his last hooray on a terrible season . This is the only bright spot for the Knicks this entire season . Jimmy is hurt and doing the exact same thing .

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 04:33 PM
How old are you?

The real fair thing would be for Melo to play his *** off since the fans voted him in and want to see him play.

How/why is my age in question? Because I disagree that Carmelo deserves to be an All Star and as a result, he should be benched? This isn't a personally attack against him... I think he's the 3rd best SF in the game today... Having said that, he is clearly not deserving of playing when he is "injured" and he's lead his team to the worst record in the league... on pace for worst year in New York Knicks history.

colinskik
02-12-2015, 04:36 PM
How/why is my age in question? Because I disagree that Carmelo deserves to be an All Star and as a result, he should be benched? This isn't a personally attack against him... I think he's the 3rd best SF in the game today... Having said that, he is clearly not deserving of playing when he is "injured" and he's lead his team to the worst record in the league... on pace for worst year in New York Knicks history.

I ask because your suggestion is childish and makes zero sense if you look at it from a marketing/business standpoint, aka things adults consider.

Also because you changed the font color to red.

Stunner
02-12-2015, 04:38 PM

Then KD is selfish because his team isn't in the playoffs and he's been hurt most of the year , Cousins selfish too , how dare he accept to be an all star on an 18 win team . Butler is hurt too , if he backed out of all star Saturday he should back out of the game on Sunday too .

Melo been playing hurt most of the year , I guess y'all have a problem just because it's the all star game . If this report didn't come out none of y'all would be crying .

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 04:38 PM
I disagree, I think some players want to win the game lol melo is clearly better then him imo oh well it's in his hometown he's ganna play.

You disagree with what exactly?

Brendan Haywood was born in New York... should he make the All Star team too? I get it, Melo has better individual stats, but the real question is, has that translated to team wins? If not, why is Melo deserving of being an All Star this year?

I don't consider coming out of his mother in NY as a legitimate claim for someone deserving an all star selection...

Stunner
02-12-2015, 04:40 PM

Brendan Haywood was born in New York... should he make the All Star team too? I get it, Melo has better individual stats, but the real question is, has that translated to team wins? If not, why is Melo deserving of being an All Star this year?

I don't consider coming out of his mother in NY as a legitimate claim for someone deserving an all star selection...

Then take Cousins out of the all star game too

xxplayerxx23

Melo's numbers are Allstar material. It's like saying if knight was on the knicks over melo they would have a much better record lol stop it, melo is more deserving then Brandon knight

Redrum187
I ask because your suggestion is childish and makes zero sense if you look at it from a marketing/business standpoint, aka things adults consider.

Also because you changed the font color to red.

Wait... so it's childish to want someone deserving to replace him (leading his team to the worst record in the NBA and NY history) and to bench him because he is "injured"? But it's NOT childish to say, "Even though I'm undeserving, I'm going to play and shut down my season after I take someone else's spot" ?

What does my changing it to red have to do with age? I don't see the correlation...

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Melo's numbers are Allstar material. It's like saying if knight was on the knicks over melo they would have a much better record lol stop it, melo is more deserving then Brandon knight

How is it like saying "If Knight was on the Knicks, they would have a much better record?" I don't think the record would be significantly better, if better at all... that isn't the point though... You're clearly not comprehending that team success AS WELL AS individual play (for that particular season) should be taken into account.

You basically think leading a team to the worst NBA record and in NY Knicks history is a non-factor because he has "good stats". Or am I misunderstanding you?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Doubt the knicks offered 15 mill for knight.
Maybe tho but I wouldn't count on it

I'm just playing devil's advocate of worst case scenarios. $15M is the worst. Yeah i'm hoping some team offers up $8M per or $9M per kinda like Teague/Jennings contract. That's cheap. Bucks would say thank you and match. Bucks have plenty of capspace. Just hoping we don't get stuck paying $15M per. But with TV deals and not much talent to go around. Teams do go looney tunes pretty quickly. Look at the average bench pieces getting over paid this past summer.

FraziersKnicks
02-12-2015, 04:45 PM
Hopefully by the trade deadline Calderon has been traded and Stat and Bargs have been bought out/traded and the tank can roll on. No way are we breaking 15 wins this year with some of the starting lineups we're putting out there. T'Wolves have got Rubio and Martin back and Pek, Wiggins, Shabazz and Thad are playing well. Sixers are grinding out wins as well. That worst record is looking more and more achievable!

#tankstape

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 04:45 PM
Then take Cousins out of the all star game too

I'm actually against some of the players playing on the West... other threads will show this. I'm consistent in my views.

DarkKnight
02-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Who cares , Melo should sit the rest of the season. Get ready for 2015 PJax time... Btw ASG is blah

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 04:48 PM
Then KD is selfish because his team isn't in the playoffs and he's been hurt most of the year , Cousins selfish too , how dare he accept to be an all star on an 18 win team . Butler is hurt too , if he backed out of all star Saturday he should back out of the game on Sunday too .

Melo been playing hurt most of the year , I guess y'all have a problem just because it's the all star game . If this report didn't come out none of y'all would be crying .

1.) Durant shouldn't be an All Star (at least not initially before everyone was getting injured). There were more deserving players (who were healthy) at the time the selections came out.

2.) No other player has lead their team to the worst or even close to the worst record in the NBA.

3.) No other player has said "I'm injured, but after I [undeservingly] play in the All Star game, I'm more than likely shutting it down."

4.) No one is crying. I didn't know having a different point-of-view [to you] is a "cry". If you think a Volkswagen is the sexiest car in the world and I disagree and give my reasoning for why it's not, followed by giving my personal opinion, am I "crying"? :P

colinskik
02-12-2015, 04:52 PM
Wait... so it's childish to want someone deserving to replace him (leading his team to the worst record in the NBA and NY history) and to bench him because he is "injured"? But it's NOT childish to say, "Even though I'm undeserving, I'm going to play and shut down my season after I take someone else's spot" ?

What does my changing it to red have to do with age? I don't see the correlation...

Yes, it's very childish for a coach to call a timeout right after the tip and bench a player who won a starting spot on the team.

You may not like the rules, but they are the rules. You don't have be on a winning team to be an all star. That's the way it's been for some time now.

And just like children like to play with crayons, you seem to get pleasure out of using a red font to try and indicate the importance of your opinion. Doesn't change the fact that it's a dumb idea.

lamzoka
02-12-2015, 04:54 PM
MSG sold over 4000 tickets to Knicks season tickets holders at a very high price. The least Melo could do is give them a show.

Like someone else said. How many times do you get to start in an all star game in front of your home crowd. I don't blame the man for a bit.

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 04:57 PM
Yes, it's very childish for a coach to call a timeout right after the tip and bench a player who won a starting spot on the team.

You may not like the rules, but they are the rules. You don't have be on a winning team to be an all star. That's the way it's been for some time now.

And just like children like to play with crayons, you seem to get pleasure out of using a red font to try and indicate the importance of your opinion. Doesn't change the fact that it's a dumb idea.

I understand why you think it's childish. I would think it would be honorable and respectful for the game, maybe not for some of the fans... he is injured though, right? We can agree to disagree on that.

I understand the rules, but I have the right to my opinion about them. It's not like what I'm saying is NOT objective (looking at individual play AS WELL AS team play and not just one or the other like you're defending). If you would personally not have a problem with Kobe starting the ASG (assuming he was healthy), you would be at the very least consistent in your point of view... However, I would be against him starting too... hence, it's not personal against Carmelo Anthony.

I got pleasure from putting it in red font? I just put it in red to highlight my opinion... Where did you read "pleasure" from? It just sounds like you're offended by my opinion (which you're entitled to) and as a result, want to personally attack me because of it...It sounds quite petty to me... Wouldn't that be childish?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-12-2015, 05:01 PM

The All-Star game is for the fans. So what he's doing is actually very UNSELFISH.

colinskik
02-12-2015, 05:04 PM
I understand why you think it's childish. I would think it would be honorable and respectful for the game, maybe not for some of the fans... he is injured though, right? We can agree to disagree on that.

I understand the rules, but I have the right to my opinion about them. It's not like what I'm saying is NOT objective (looking at individual play AS WELL AS team play and not just one or the other like you're defending).

I got pleasure from putting it in red font? I just put it in red to highlight my opinion... Where did you read "pleasure" from? It just sounds like you're offended by my opinion (which you're entitled to) and as a result, want to personally attack me because of it...It sounds quite petty to me... Wouldn't that be childish?

There is nothing honorable and respectful about not letting a player play the game even though he was selected to start within the rules. Sorry, there's no agreeing to disagree on that. In fact, that's the opposite of honorable and respectful. It's deplorable and disrespectful.

Stop saying stupid things.

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 05:04 PM
The All-Star game is for the fans. So what he's doing is actually very UNSELFISH.

I guess you have a good point there.

I know I'm just one fan (amongst millions), but I'd still rather Knight replace him.

mngopher35
02-12-2015, 05:05 PM
Hasn't this been the plan for months now? The fans voted him in and he's a good player stuck on a bad team. All star game is for the fans (who voted him starter) and its in ny this year. I don't have much of a problem with this at all.

lamzoka
02-12-2015, 05:05 PM

I understand the rules, but I have the right to my opinion about them. It's not like what I'm saying is NOT objective (looking at individual play AS WELL AS team play and not just one or the other like you're defending). If you would personally not have a problem with Kobe starting the ASG (assuming he was healthy), you would be at the very least consistent in your point of view... However, I would be against him starting too... hence, it's not personal against Carmelo Anthony.

Dude this is an exhibition game for the fans. It all about fun and games.

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 05:08 PM
There is nothing honorable and respectful about not letting a player play the game even though he was selected to start within the rules. Sorry, there's no agreeing to disagree on that. In fact, that's the opposite of honorable and respectful. It's deplorable and disrespectful.

Stop saying stupid things.

It is if he has a season ending injury. Honorable and respectful to protect his health as it's severely in jeopardy he is more than likely going to shut it down after the ASG. It would also allow the deserving players to get more time. You have an issue when someone disagrees with you apparently... We can agree to disagree... nothing wrong in that... only children (as you say) and man-children have a hard time disagreeing without making things personal.

colinskik
02-12-2015, 05:10 PM

He's apparently only going to play a few mins as well, which is unselfish and honorable.

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Dude this is an exhibition game for the fans. It all about fun and games.

I think it's for fans and players. To pretend there isn't ANY prestige for the players being in the All Star selection would be ignorant. I do agree though, the game is [also] for the fans.

Sadds The Gr8
02-12-2015, 05:13 PM
He shouldn't even be on the team in the first place. If he shuts it down after the game then this is an *** movement. Let another player get some shine and play in the game (brandon knight).

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 05:13 PM
He's apparently only going to play a few mins as well, which is unselfish and honorable.

I did agree with his point. This is my being objective. Even though I think he has a good point, it still doesn't change the fact, to me (and I'm not the only one obviously), that feels he is completely unjustified and undeserving of even being in the game.

Can we be friends now? :P

colinskik
02-12-2015, 05:15 PM
It is if he has a season ending injury. Honorable and respectful to protect his health as it's severely in jeopardy he is more than likely going to shut it down after the ASG. It would also allow the deserving players to get more time. You have an issue when someone disagrees with you apparently... We can agree to disagree... nothing wrong in that... only children (as you say) and man-children have a hard time disagreeing without making things personal.

The only thing I have an issue with is people who don't understand the definition of words. There's no honor in benching a guy one second into a game because coach thinks he's undeserving but fans want to see him play. I'm sorry, there's no grey area there.

And if you would take just two seconds to realize what Melo will most likely do -- start the game, play a few minutes for the fans, and then sit out for other guys to play -- you would realize that he is actually doing the most respectful thing for everyone involved.

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 05:17 PM
He shouldn't even be on the team in the first place. If he shuts it down after the game then this is an *** movement. Let another player get some shine and play in the game (brandon knight).

That is my biggest issue honestly.

It's one thing to be voted in by the fans and play in the game. It's another to have a "season ending injury" but still hog up the slot ONLY to shut it down after the game.

The counter argument is that he's doing it for the NY Knick fans... the same ones that could see him any other time he's played at MSG. It's a valid point, but it is the only point versus a plethora of other more convincing arguments against him taking the spot.

Iron24th
02-12-2015, 05:17 PM
a Kobe like move

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 05:18 PM
The only thing I have an issue with is people who don't understand the definition of words. There's no honor in benching a guy one second into a game because coach thinks he's undeserving but fans want to see him play. I'm sorry, there's no grey area there.

And if you would take just two seconds to realize what Melo will most likely do -- start the game, play a few minutes for the fans, and then sit out for other guys to play -- you would realize that he is actually doing the most respectful thing for everyone involved.

I think you have a point. I hear you, and see where you're coming from... I think it would be honorable for the game, just not the fans (like yourself). We don't have to agree on that, but I'd like to think I'm not an extremist.

colinskik
02-12-2015, 05:19 PM
I did agree with his point. This is my being objective. Even though I think he has a good point, it still doesn't change the fact, to me (and I'm not the only one obviously), that feels he is completely unjustified and undeserving of even being in the game.

Can we be friends now? :P

I wouldn't have voted for Melo to start because I don't think he deserving, but the way the system works, he was voted in with a huge amount of votes so he'll give the fans what they want.

If friendship is what you want, I guess I can stop talking about this. I think I've made my point.

bucketss
02-12-2015, 05:22 PM

why would melo be suprised to see hawks/raptors ahead of them in the standings?

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't have voted for Melo to start because I don't think he deserving, but the way the system works, he was voted in with a huge amount of votes so he'll give the fans what they want.

If friendship is what you want, I guess I can stop talking about this. I think I've made my point.

You're absolutely correct. That is how the rules work. But as the years go on, it's being brought up more and more that the fans shouldn't have the right to vote for the starters.

There are 2 schools of thought:
1.) The ASG is for the fans only.
2.) The ASG is for fans and players.

I subscribe to the latter. There is prestige in being part of the game.

More-Than-Most
02-12-2015, 05:55 PM
how is it selfish exactly? THE FANS VOTED HIM IN.... The fans want to see him... Its in new york. Not playing would be selfish... Its the all star game and means nothing.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-12-2015, 06:01 PM
He's been done since he signed with New York. He's rotting away on the team and will be forgotten in 20 years.

Sadds The Gr8
02-12-2015, 06:07 PM
how is it selfish exactly? THE FANS VOTED HIM IN.... The fans want to see him... Its in new york. Not playing would be selfish... Its the all star game and means nothing.
If he's hurt then he shouldn't play....

If he wasn't shutting it down after it wouldn't be an issue

DarkKnight
02-12-2015, 06:13 PM
Knight over Melo now ive heard everything:laugh:

torocan
02-12-2015, 06:39 PM
Melo should shut it down.

I'm pretty sure that All Star voters didn't vote Melo into the game just to see him play for 60s and then sit on the bench for 47 minutes.

Either he's good enough to play minutes in the game and during the season, or he's not. If his body is in such rough shape that he needs to shut it down this season, then he should just hang it up and focus on getting his body right.

Lest we forget, he has a LOT more years left on his contract and the last thing a fan would want to see is for him to suffer a freak injury that makes his situation even worse.

Melo should shut it down and let someone else take that spot.

Sssmush
02-12-2015, 06:54 PM

LoL after the "look at me" errrr, "all star" game.

PS the Knicks aren't tanking. As far as I can see they've been desperate to win all year, even before the year trying to Steve Kerr, and relentlessly trying to install the triangle and trading away JR and other players not deemed perfectly compatible with the Triangle. They are trying to win they are just losing.

Not counting but... is this gonna be the lowest Knicks win total in history? I mean if so, hey that is really something. And Carmelo coming out and posting his third straight underwhelming/subpar season and then mailing it in after the all star game, when he is clearly healthy enough to play.... I mean does that just OFFICIALLY make 'Melo totally untradeable? With 4 years 100M still on that deal, and you'll start hearing about an extension/renegotiation on the new salary cap sooner rather than later?

Seriously, for the production you get, I'd MUCH rather have Kobe than Carmelo on the Lakers as things stand. Kobe will be a sweet expiring deal next year with surprise playability and sleeper trade value to a contender also. actually I'd much rather have Stoudemire actually also. LoL at 4 more years of Fisher hounding after Carmelo with Phil Jackson sitting up in the stands all judgey and whatnot

Kashmir13579
02-12-2015, 06:55 PM

Also because you changed the font color to red. lol

jimm120
02-12-2015, 07:06 PM
Melo is going to sit out to help the Knicks tank.

That said, he's not really that hurt. He isn't in condition to need to sit out for 1/2 a year. This is about helping the Knicks tank.

#10 offense with him on the floor with 105
#30 offense without him on the floor with 90.

jimm120
02-12-2015, 07:10 PM
wow. just read the first 3 pages of the topic. People are REALLY not getting this.

Melo isn't sitting out the rest of the season because he's injured (he is, but it isn't something major that is dealt with during the season).

Melo will be sitting out because it is in the Knicks' best interest to tank.

Phil has wanted to bench him since early January (hell, he managed to make him sit for 3 weeks when he only needed 2-3 games off!). Melo has even taken back2backs off.

That is all about Knicks LOSING, not about Melo being injured.

How can people not get that?

Blitzace137
02-12-2015, 08:18 PM
Who cares? Melo hasn't shut it down only because he's been dying to host the all-star game. Sure Brandon Knight is more deserving but no ones paying $1,000+ dollars a ticket to see Knight play? C'Mon lol. Plus you need someone from a NY team to host since nobody from the Nets is an all-star.

Cal827
02-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Well, it is his choice after all. He was elected in. We all saw this coming.

I'm mad that Knight isn't there, but it's because they put Korver in over him. No team needs 4 all stars in one game, and of all of the four, Korver's numbers are the most influenced by how his team/system plays (screens, spacing and what-not). I'm not saying he might not be somewhat deserving, but with how bad Milwaukee was last year, and considering that they are pretty far over .500 right now, and are within decent firing range of the 5th, 4th, and 3rd seeds (The current top 5 teams were expected to be there, and for the most part, be pretty far ahead (with the exception of possibly an Atlantic team jumping up a little to challenge Toronto)) despite bad injuries and a Center that won't stop getting suspended, Knight should get some consideration.

I feel that if Jennings didn't get injured, and Detroit had fought to playoff contention, that he would have grabbed the last spot over Korver (since we noticed their improvement)

I guess it's kinda like how Lowry got snubbed last season.

LakersIn5
02-12-2015, 08:35 PM
He got voted by the fans so he deserves it. The starters are dor the fan favorites

colinskik
02-12-2015, 09:20 PM
LoL after the "look at me" errrr, "all star" game.

PS the Knicks aren't tanking. As far as I can see they've been desperate to win all year, even before the year trying to Steve Kerr, and relentlessly trying to install the triangle and trading away JR and other players not deemed perfectly compatible with the Triangle. They are trying to win they are just losing.

Not counting but... is this gonna be the lowest Knicks win total in history? I mean if so, hey that is really something. And Carmelo coming out and posting his third straight underwhelming/subpar season and then mailing it in after the all star game, when he is clearly healthy enough to play.... I mean does that just OFFICIALLY make 'Melo totally untradeable? With 4 years 100M still on that deal, and you'll start hearing about an extension/renegotiation on the new salary cap sooner rather than later?

Seriously, for the production you get, I'd MUCH rather have Kobe than Carmelo on the Lakers as things stand. Kobe will be a sweet expiring deal next year with surprise playability and sleeper trade value to a contender also. actually I'd much rather have Stoudemire actually also. LoL at 4 more years of Fisher hounding after Carmelo with Phil Jackson sitting up in the stands all judgey and whatnot

you should stop posting.

colinskik
02-12-2015, 09:26 PM
thanks, kash

Brock17
02-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Mello like to hell with this season lol. Knocks are trashy so why waste my body on this year.

DemarDerozan
02-12-2015, 10:37 PM

This entire AAU generation is selfish and has little class. I'm glad they are on their way out and opening the door for strong-minded, confident, and less self obsessed players...

KD, Steph, Jimmy Butler, Anthony Davis, Kawhi and DD >>>>>>>> Wade, Bosh, Melo, D12 and LBJ when it comes to mentality... and maybe talent too.

BBallfan8
02-12-2015, 10:48 PM
This entire AAU generation is selfish and has little class. I'm glad they are on their way out and opening the door for strong-minded, confident, and less self obsessed players...

KD, Steph, Jimmy Butler, Anthony Davis, Kawhi and DD >>>>>>>> Wade, Bosh, Melo, D12 and LBJ when it comes to mentality... and maybe talent too.

To put deron derozan in the same category as the "AAU" generation, KD, Steph and Davis is an absolute joke.

DemarDerozan
02-12-2015, 10:57 PM
To put deron derozan in the same category as the "AAU" generation, KD, Steph and Davis is an absolute joke.

You have your opinion and I have mine friend. Not quite sure who deron derozan is. Maybe DeMar's brother? Maybe the Raptors will sign him like Zoran Dragic or Chris Smith... Upping that family income tho.

Also current KD, Steph and Davis would murder any three prime 03-06 AAU players.

Kinkotheclown
02-12-2015, 11:24 PM

Yep.
And this isn't selfish in any way... He needs to play in this game. He needed to sit the last couple games to be healthy enough to play in this important game...

...:D
No, he's kind of a douche for doing it

meloman1592
02-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Lol y'all really hate Melo. He's selfish because he's playing? The fans voted him in lmao. He's gonna represebt his city as the host then disappear into next season lol

NYSpirit1
02-12-2015, 11:33 PM

Just wrong... the All-Star game IS about the best players. Brandon Knight should never, ever make the All-Star team over Carmelo Anthony.

The fact that a 12 ppg role player made the team in Kyle Korver is pathetic enough.

NYSpirit1
02-12-2015, 11:34 PM
Yep.
And this isn't selfish in any way... He needs to play in this game. He needed to sit the last couple games to be healthy enough to play in this important game...

...:D
No, he's kind of a douche for doing it

You make no sense. The Knicks are tanking, why would they want to win?

This is the All-Star game in OUR host city, it won't come to NY again for another 20 years. Last time it was here was in 1997. He wants to be out there, play, recruit for a season that will actually matter - next year.

NYSpirit1
02-12-2015, 11:37 PM
He's been done since he signed with New York. He's rotting away on the team and will be forgotten in 20 years.

Yeah.. he's totally done. :roll eyes:

He's averaging 24, 7 and 3 being injured all year, bad knee, bad back. Worst teammates in the NBA.

He's totally done when he'll be healthy to resume his summer workout routine, the Knicks will have a top young stud from the draft and $30 million in cap room with Phil behind the helm. Totally done...

I'd rather be the Lakers, with an old man who can barely play the game anymore, a risk of not having a pick this year and no appeal towards any FA playing on that team.

Kinkotheclown
02-13-2015, 09:04 AM
You make no sense. The Knicks are tanking, why would they want to win?

This is the All-Star game in OUR host city, it won't come to NY again for another 20 years. Last time it was here was in 1997. He wants to be out there, play, recruit for a season that will actually matter - next year.

I am totally with you on tank mode. I agree with that. I agree that he should be done.
My point is, if he's not healthy enough to play, he shouldn't sit for regular games and play the all star game. His knee was too injured to play for the team two days ago but good enough to play today? If you are really the guy you say you are, you play two days ago and then say you are calling it a season and not playing in the al star game. I find that type of behavior to be selfish.
What do you think of these two players who are in the exact same situation, player A sits and then plays in the all star game before calling it a season, while player B plays his last game with his team and then withdraws form the all star game and calls it a season?

How will he recruit in a way that he couldn't from the stands.
Tank mode is fine. A less selfish, Melo would have shut it down earlier. He should have had surgery and be rehabbing. Even simple surgeries and rehabs can have complications. He has put his desire ahead of the team.

JasonJohnHorn
02-13-2015, 09:52 AM

+1

colinskik
02-13-2015, 10:29 AM
I am totally with you on tank mode. I agree with that. I agree that he should be done.
My point is, if he's not healthy enough to play, he shouldn't sit for regular games and play the all star game. His knee was too injured to play for the team two days ago but good enough to play today? If you are really the guy you say you are, you play two days ago and then say you are calling it a season and not playing in the al star game. I find that type of behavior to be selfish.
What do you think of these two players who are in the exact same situation, player A sits and then plays in the all star game before calling it a season, while player B plays his last game with his team and then withdraws form the all star game and calls it a season?

How will he recruit in a way that he couldn't from the stands.
Tank mode is fine. A less selfish, Melo would have shut it down earlier. He should have had surgery and be rehabbing. Even simple surgeries and rehabs can have complications. He has put his desire ahead of the team.

That's what resting does for the body. It heals.

IBleedPurple
02-13-2015, 10:38 AM
That's what resting does for the body. It heals.And then after the ASG, it reverts back to an injured state for months? C'mon.

Bad move by Melo, just shut it down now.

tredigs
02-13-2015, 10:45 AM
Gotta appreciate the optimism of a Knicks fan, I'll give 'em that.

ewing
02-13-2015, 10:58 AM
never forgot :flag:

colinskik
02-13-2015, 11:18 AM
And then after the ASG, it reverts back to an injured state for months? C'mon.

Bad move by Melo, just shut it down now.

If you have an injury that requires surgery, albeit an injury you can still play on, might as well get the surgery as soon as possible and heal up in time for meaningful games.

The AS game is the last meaningful game for Melo.

If the Knicks were in the playoff hunt he would continue to play.

Some of you people act like you've never seen this done before.

ManningToTyree
02-13-2015, 12:27 PM
It would be selfish if he didn't want to sit out the rest of the season. News flash: THE KNICKS WANT TO LOSE! If he played through pain the rest of the season they would win more games. So he is going to give the fans what they want by playing in the AS game and then give the organization what it wants by sitting out and getting the surgery taken care off.

ManningToTyree
02-13-2015, 01:06 PM
I wonder if Chris Paul or Anthony Davis was in the same situation if anyone would be calling them selfish?

Kinkotheclown
02-13-2015, 05:12 PM
That's what resting does for the body. It heals.

So resting a bone break, torn ligament, torn retina, ruptured disk, shredded meniscus... It will heal it properly?

Or are you are saying his injury isn't severe? So then why shut it down for the season? If the injury is so minor that it can heal in a few days, why does he need to shut it down? He should play the rest of the year and get more comfortable in the offense. That way next year he can help the new players adapt more quickly.
The injury is severe enough to merit surgery, which means it isn't going away in a few days.
It seems like the all star game is more important than the Knicks, to Melo, at this point.
You don't have to agree but I am not the first person to suggest that Melo puts himself first. I don't fault him or anyone for that. Just don't say otherwise.

I am well aware of the bodies ability to heal. Your belief in the healing process is great, I believe the same thing. I just don't think the body can heal this type of injury, in a few days. A few months? Sure.

2-ONE-5
02-13-2015, 05:27 PM
i love how everyone is cool with the Knicks tanking...

Stunner
02-13-2015, 05:37 PM
Speaking to the media on Friday, Carmelo Anthony said he is still undecided on whether or not he will shut it down following the All-Star break.
"My mindset is, if [surgery] is something I have to get done, then I'm going to do that," said Anthony. Well, he does need surgery, so now it's just a matter of how long he can delay it. Perhaps Melo does suit up for a handful of games after the All-Star break, but all signs are pointing towards an eventual shut down. It simply does not make sense for Anthony to risk a long-term injury playing for a team that is trying to lose, and at this point, it's too late for owners to move him in a competitive league. Unfortunately, until things are official, he presents too much upside to drop in most leagues.

Stunner
02-13-2015, 05:37 PM
i love how everyone is cool with the Knicks tanking...

They just suck not tanking

2-ONE-5
02-13-2015, 05:42 PM
They just suck not tanking

how many Knicks fans have said the team is tanking in this thread alone? Shutting Melo down is tanking, trading Smith and Shump for basically nothing is tanking.

Stunner
02-13-2015, 05:57 PM
how many Knicks fans have said the team is tanking in this thread alone? Shutting Melo down is tanking, trading Smith and Shump for basically nothing is tanking.

Ok first of all this roster isn't talented at all

2nd Melo is playing on a bad knee and how the season has gone there is no reason for him to keep playing on it . Get the surgery

Knicks got cap space so they could get players In the future that fit their system better . Losing thus many games and out of playoff position of course you will make cap saving moves . Bulls traded Deng for cap space and where still in the playoff pic.

So end of the day if they didn't suck none of this would happen . Backing up they suck more than tanking on purpose seeing when they had talent they couldn't win a game .

colinskik
02-13-2015, 06:04 PM
So resting a bone break, torn ligament, torn retina, ruptured disk, shredded meniscus... It will heal it properly?

Or are you are saying his injury isn't severe? So then why shut it down for the season? If the injury is so minor that it can heal in a few days, why does he need to shut it down? He should play the rest of the year and get more comfortable in the offense. That way next year he can help the new players adapt more quickly.
The injury is severe enough to merit surgery, which means it isn't going away in a few days.
It seems like the all star game is more important than the Knicks, to Melo, at this point.
You don't have to agree but I am not the first person to suggest that Melo puts himself first. I don't fault him or anyone for that. Just don't say otherwise.

I am well aware of the bodies ability to heal. Your belief in the healing process is great, I believe the same thing. I just don't think the body can heal this type of injury, in a few days. A few months? Sure.

There is such thing as middle ground. In order to heal properly and completely, Melo will most likely need surgery. Since we don't know the exact injury though it's hard to say. But he has already rested plenty of games and came back looking much better. Point being, he could play on it if there was a need, but there isn't a need. In fact, him playing hurts the Knicks going forward. He's already learned the system and played enough with the guys who will be here next year, of which there aren't very many. Makes no sense for him to continue playing on a bad knee with guys who will not be here next year.

2-ONE-5
02-13-2015, 08:48 PM
Ok first of all this roster isn't talented at all

2nd Melo is playing on a bad knee and how the season has gone there is no reason for him to keep playing on it . Get the surgery

Knicks got cap space so they could get players In the future that fit their system better . Losing thus many games and out of playoff position of course you will make cap saving moves . Bulls traded Deng for cap space and where still in the playoff pic.

So end of the day if they didn't suck none of this would happen . Backing up they suck more than tanking on purpose seeing when they had talent they couldn't win a game .

T-A-N-K-I-N-G say it with me.....TANKING! TANK, TANK, TANK, TANK! EVERYBODYYYYY

Cal827
02-13-2015, 08:52 PM
T-A-N-K-I-N-G say it with me.....TANKING! TANK, TANK, TANK, TANK! EVERYBODYYYYY

They Definitely are now, but pre All-Star break, they were just plain terrible Surprisingly terrible.

colinskik
02-13-2015, 08:57 PM
They Definitely are now, but pre All-Star break, they were just plain terrible Surprisingly terrible.

Nah, they've been tanking for a while now.

2-ONE-5
02-13-2015, 09:41 PM
there is no way a mind like Phil Jackson believed the team he had to start the season, aling with a guy who has no business coaching, was anything more than an 7-8 seed at the very best. The Knicks pulled a Sixers just with ****** vets instead of incredible youth. I love how the entire world despised the Sixers for starting over but when the Knicks, Lakers, Wolves, and Celtics (kind of, maybe not just yet) do it everyone suddenly understands and gives literally the reasoning every Sixers fan gave for the past 2 years.

Kinkotheclown
02-14-2015, 09:33 AM
There is such thing as middle ground. In order to heal properly and completely, Melo will most likely need surgery. Since we don't know the exact injury though it's hard to say. But he has already rested plenty of games and came back looking much better. Point being, he could play on it if there was a need, but there isn't a need. In fact, him playing hurts the Knicks going forward. He's already learned the system and played enough with the guys who will be here next year, of which there aren't very many. Makes no sense for him to continue playing on a bad knee with guys who will not be here next year.

Good post.
(Much more specific and engaging than the slightly, snarky one liner :p:D)

I agree that his playing hurts the knicks at this point. I also agree that most guys will not be here next year.

My point was only that he chose to rested so he could play in the all star game. He didn't rest to play with his team. That's the sticky part for me.
Some will agree and some won't. The only sure thing to remedy that rift, is a high draft pick and a **** ton of cap space to build a solid team! :cheers:

Chrisclover
02-14-2015, 09:48 AM
He declined. I dunno why he is this stubborn. He said he would stand on the court even if it would be just a few minutes. Maybe it is because the AS is held in NYC, which he feels like home[emoji19] ?

Chrisclover
02-14-2015, 09:51 AM
Come on man. The all-star game is simply for fun. For honor the NBA has the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of Team NBA.

sjbirds
02-14-2015, 11:26 AM
this cracks me up. all the **** knicks fans were talking on philly, going into the season they thought they were going to be good now they are the worse team in the nba and are embracing losing.

blahblahyoutoo
02-14-2015, 12:52 PM
Hasn't this been the plan for months now? The fans voted him in and he's a good player stuck on a bad team. All star game is for the fans (who voted him starter) and its in ny this year. I don't have much of a problem with this at all.

lol, "stuck on" a bad team.
he is a huge reason the knicks are in the mess that they're in.

meloman1592
02-14-2015, 01:25 PM
Knicks do suck buy good teams don't tank. Stop being idiots and haters

D-Leethal
02-14-2015, 03:52 PM
I honestly do believe Phil had tank in mind all year, regardless of what he stated publicly. The acceptance and lack of frustration Melo had towards this awful season compared to last year tells me he knew this was coming.

Sadds The Gr8
02-14-2015, 03:58 PM
No chance the Knicks came in wanting to tank. They were talking all that stuff about being better this year and most people bought it. A lot of people even thought they'd make playoffs (which I always thought was a ****ing joke.)

Phil could have easily just said "we're just trying to build for the future". Lots of teams do that, and Phil is known for being a straight shooter.

D-Leethal
02-14-2015, 04:24 PM
No chance the Knicks came in wanting to tank. They were talking all that stuff about being better this year and most people bought it. A lot of people even thought they'd make playoffs (which I always thought was a ****ing joke.)

Phil could have easily just said "we're just trying to build for the future". Lots of teams do that, and Phil is known for being a straight shooter.

Phil is also known for playing mind games through media manipulation. Ever since he came in he has mentioned this draft pick as a major building block moving forward since we actually own it. I don't think he was talking about the 20th pick.

2-ONE-5
02-15-2015, 11:18 AM

no when you play in NY and have Melo making 130 mil you really cant say that

Sadds The Gr8
02-15-2015, 02:28 PM
no when you play in NY and have Melo making 130 mil you really cant say that
He could have sold the "going for fa stars the next 2 years" plan pretty easily imo and people would've bought it because it's Phil. Maybe Dolan doesn't have that leeway but Phil surely does.

Even if he doesnt have that trust from the fans, doing that is better than saying youre gonna make the playoffs then starting 5-800....

The fans would be pissed either way. Phil could've lowered expectations just for this year.

nycericanguy
02-15-2015, 02:46 PM
I think it's pretty obvious NY didn't INTEND to tank... but it's NY and things never seem to go right here.

Calderon who only missed 1 game all of last year in DAL, comes here and immediately misses the first 15... He comes back Melo gets hurt. I think it wasn't until game #20 that Melo & JC finally played a full game together. By that time NY was something like 4-16.

They are tanking now and have been for a while... but at least they TRIED to be competitive early on.

In the end NY wasn't going to be much better than a #7-8 seed even if things went well, so it's a huge blessing in disguise if they end up with someone like Okafor.

The new MAX might be 30m a year from now... so Melo at 4 remaining years and $24m per isn't going to stop a team from being able to build.

b@llhog24
02-15-2015, 02:49 PM
Why risk getting injured? Smart move on Melo's part.

2-ONE-5
02-15-2015, 05:11 PM
Why risk getting injured? Smart move on Melo's part.

why play in any games then?

lamzoka
02-15-2015, 09:28 PM
Melo was not gonna miss that introduction for no one.

2-ONE-5
02-16-2015, 09:56 AM
he plays 30 min last night and now hes gonna sit out the rest of the season hahahahaha

sixer04fan
02-16-2015, 09:59 AM
So let me get this straight. He skipped the Knicks' last game before the break because of his injuries. Yet he felt the need to play 30 minutes (3rd most of any player) in the ASG? And now he's probably shutting it down for the season.

Wow. Way to earn that paycheck Melo. What an honorable sacrifice

KnickNyKnick
02-16-2015, 12:19 PM
yeah because the ASG requires 100% effort.....

sixer04fan
02-16-2015, 01:08 PM
yeah because the ASG requires 100% effort.....

About as much effort as the Knicks have put forth this season.

I kid.

But really come on there's no defense of this. From one fan of a bad team to another. You can't miss real, meaningful games leading up to the ASG, just to play in the ASG, and then shut it down for the season. Especially the face of the franchise. Like, if Joel Embiid had played in the rising stars challenge there would be outrage.

D-Leethal
02-16-2015, 01:11 PM
About as much effort as the Knicks have put forth this season.

I kid.

But really come on there's no defense of this. From one fan of a bad team to another. You can't miss real, meaningful games leading up to the ASG, just to play in the ASG, and then shut it down for the season. Especially the face of the franchise. Like, if Joel Embiid had played in the rising stars challenge there would be outrage.

The ASG at MSG was the most meaningful game Melo has had the opportunity to play in months, and will be for the remainder of the season. These games haven't meant squat in a long time, our season is over, time to shut it down Melo.

Let's not act like he didn't look hurt yesterday anyway, all the reporters said he was grimacing and walking gingerly in warmups and shootaround. I can't fault him for wanting to play the only AS game he will ever have the opportunity to in his home town.

GodsSon
02-16-2015, 01:16 PM
Given his 6/20 shooting last night, he should have just shut his *** down on Saturday.

sixer04fan
02-16-2015, 01:37 PM
The ASG at MSG was the most meaningful game Melo has had the opportunity to play in months, and will be for the remainder of the season. These games haven't meant squat in a long time, our season is over, time to shut it down Melo.

Let's not act like he didn't look hurt yesterday anyway, all the reporters said he was grimacing and walking gingerly in warmups and shootaround. I can't fault him for wanting to play the only AS game he will ever have the opportunity to in his home town.

That's understandable. Regardless, I think bottom line if you aren't gonna suit up for your team you shouldn't suit up for an all star game

2-ONE-5
02-16-2015, 02:44 PM

even if you wanna defend his playing this way there still i no reason for him to play that many minutes and that def was his call

LongIslandIcedZ
02-16-2015, 03:49 PM
1. They weren't tanking before the season started.
2. Melo and Calderon were bit by the injury bug, and they started off horribly.
3. They realized that this season and they started tanking.

I don't see the problem? And I certain don't understand the backlash from Sixers fans (although I guess it's just one guy). Both teams are employing the same strategy.

2-ONE-5
02-16-2015, 03:59 PM
see what the Sixers (and wolves) are doing is rebuikding and developing young talent, what the Knicks are currently doing is blatantly tanking

2-ONE-5
02-16-2015, 04:18 PM
see what the Sixers (and wolves) are doing is rebuikding and developing young talent, what the Knicks are currently doing is blatantly tanking

blahblahyoutoo
02-16-2015, 08:28 PM
Melo was not gonna miss that introduction for no one.

don't they teach kids about double negative usage in like the first grade?