PDA

View Full Version : George Karl officially Kings new coach

Ariza's Better
02-12-2015, 07:46 AM
George Karl has signed on to become the new Kings coach for 4 years $14.5M

YoungOne
02-12-2015, 08:36 AM
hopefully he doesnt like cousins and trades him to us :)

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2015, 08:39 AM
Good luck with him. Everywhere he coached he trades the big names. He broke up Ray Allen to get washed up Gary Payton. Traded Glenn Robinson and Sam Cassell. Traded Melo in Denver. Even though Denver clean out the Knicks cupboards real good. So if things go south with Counsin's mental state. Be prepared for him dealt.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Good luck with him. Everywhere he coached he trades the big names. He broke up Ray Allen to get washed up Gary Payton. Traded Glenn Robinson and Sam Cassell. Traded Melo in Denver. Even though Denver clean out the Knicks cupboards real good. So if things go south with Counsin's mental state. Be prepared for him dealt.

Didn't he end up having problems with G. Payton after we traded R. Allen for him anyways?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2015, 09:00 AM
Payton was already washed up. Forgot the whole thing. I think we fired Karl then Payton left to Lakers. Even though I guess we had a 4/ $40M on the table. He would of took it but Karl got fired. But he was already washed up before we got him. Only good deal in the trade was Desmond "The Cowboy" Mason. His flashy dunks. But wasn't equal to Ray Allen. Bucks were 1 game from the finals. Should of kept that big 3 together another season or two.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-12-2015, 09:08 AM
Payton was already washed up. Forgot the whole thing. I think we fired Karl then Payton left to Lakers. Even though I guess we had a 4/ $40M on the table. He would of took it but Karl got fired. But he was already washed up before we got him. Only good deal in the trade was Desmond "The Cowboy" Mason. His flashy dunks. But wasn't equal to Ray Allen. Bucks were 1 game from the finals. Should of kept that big 3 together another season or two.
yeah I agree that we broke them up to early after losing in the ECF.
I love Desmond Mason back in the day.
I just could have swore that The Glove n Karl butted heads after we traded RayRay for hin

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2015, 09:19 AM
They might of.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-12-2015, 10:10 AM
Well I hope Cousins n Karl see eye to eye. I think it could be beneficial for DMC. I hope that Karl can get them to the post season with in a year or two. Another thing I'm not sure of the Kings cap but maybe with Karl and DMC recruiting free agents will help bring in some help for Boogie n Rudy Gay!

M.Bibby2.0
02-12-2015, 10:29 AM
I couldn't care less if Karl waives the entire roster and signs d-league players, as long as he turns the kings into a winner.

InRoseWeTrust
02-12-2015, 10:32 AM

Did he even have front office powers in Denver?

IBleedPurple
02-12-2015, 10:37 AM
Did he even have front office powers in Denver?Not much. More of a voice in the ear of the FO because of his career. Several moves were made Karl didn't like.

setman2000
02-12-2015, 10:37 AM
George Karl has signed on to become the new Kings coach for 4 years $14.5M

That is not a good contract. 1st time coach Kerr got $5 million per. Carl was desperate to coach again and with his experience and record that contract is embarrassing!

IndyRealist
02-12-2015, 10:49 AM
It sounds like a bad fit, at least for Cousins. Gay and Collison would benefit.

torocan
02-12-2015, 10:54 AM
This should be interesting.

Karl has a reputation as a bit of a disciplinarian. DMC has his own reputation issues.

Fireworks?

*Grabs the popcorn*

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2015, 11:09 AM
I can see Cousins dealt before his contract is up.

IndyRealist
02-12-2015, 12:21 PM
I can see Cousins dealt before his contract is up.

Except Randive went all-in on Cousins as his centerpiece. While Cousins is definitely tradeable, is Randive willing to swallow his ego and trade "his guy"?

GoferKing_
02-12-2015, 01:42 PM
God I hope ho won't be fired 8 months from now...

Tony_Starks
02-12-2015, 01:43 PM
No tanking for Sacramento......

PurpleLynch
02-12-2015, 01:53 PM
That is not a good contract. 1st time coach Kerr got $5 million per. Carl was desperate to coach again and with his experience and record that contract is embarrassing!

I'm trying,but I can't connect the word "embarassing" with 14.5M. He's taking the same money of Spoelstra for example.
Sure,maybe it's low compared to other coaches contracts. But it's 14.5M anyway.

Stunner
02-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Come on Karl make them above .500 post all
Star break

setman2000
02-12-2015, 03:20 PM
I'm trying,but I can't connect the word "embarassing" with 14.5M. He's taking the same money of Spoelstra for example.
Sure,maybe it's low compared to other coaches contracts. But it's 14.5M anyway.

He was making $5 million per with the Nuggets. For a coach with his experience and record, that contract is a joke.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2015, 03:27 PM
Karl was making a boat load with Milwaukee.

colinskik
02-12-2015, 04:24 PM
Are the Kings trying to upset DMC with this? Seems like they want to force him out or something.

Sactown
02-12-2015, 10:21 PM
Are the Kings trying to upset DMC with this? Seems like they want to force him out or something.

Why would Cousins care?? It's one of his agents day guys who doesn't like Karl...

Everyone makes a big deal of nothing..

Karl doesn't have an power in the front office and said he doesn't want any..

I hate how people on this site generate this kind of crap.. people here said Karl might be too disaplinary?? So was Mike Malone and Cousins had an extremely close bond with him... If anything was going to drive DMC out of Sacramento it would of been firing Malone