PDA

View Full Version : What will the Bucks have to do to get some respect?

Giannis94
02-12-2015, 12:21 AM
Probably the least talked about contender our there, and Knight just got screwed yesterday in favor of Korver. Does the NBA just not know that the Bucks have the 12 best record, are 7 games above .500 and are a virtual lock for the playoffs?

The team may not have stars but they just keep winning.

Tony_Starks
02-12-2015, 12:23 AM
Make the playoffs? Win a playoff series?

cmellofan15
02-12-2015, 12:24 AM
contender....like championship contender?..

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 12:25 AM
I wish Knight would have gotten in because the Bucks going unrepresented is kind of a slap in the face. Having said that, if it was to be anyone other than Knight, I'm glad it was Korver.

Khris Middleton is one of the more underrated guys in the league. He has proven, with starter minutes, he is incredibly efficient offensively and a good defender. Not to mention, he rebounds and passes very well for a SG.

I enjoy watching them continue to grow as a team.

Giannis94
02-12-2015, 12:31 AM

As long as they get in they have a chance, right?

bucketss
02-12-2015, 12:35 AM
Toronto is 36-17, 2nd and still get no respect. usually referred to as 5th best team in the east,

tredigs
02-12-2015, 12:43 AM

No, that's not how it works. Barring some weird injury scenario like OKC had, if you don't have HCA you're not good enough to win a title. Ever.

tredigs
02-12-2015, 12:46 AM
Also, I love that the Bucks don't get any credit. You can win a lot of money betting for them or against the Knicks against the spread.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-12-2015, 12:49 AM
Also, I love that the Bucks don't get any credit. You can win a lot of money betting for them or against the Knicks against the spread.

Lol

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-12-2015, 01:01 AM

I may be called a Homer but I honestly think that if Larry can get back to form of pre extension (thats a HUGE if) along with Jabari never going down that they would be a team no one wants to play in the playoffs and would have a outside chance at sneaking into the 2nd round of the playoffs and possibly even the ECF! This team doesn't have an all star but is a very good team top to bottom. If they had a DPOY candidate to go along with the player that most likely wins ROY to go along with what we have right now could be scary!

Another reason that I feel they could sneak past a team or 2 in the playoffs is because of how close every team is to each other in the east. Outside of the Hawks there aren't any other teams dominating in the east right now.

Chrisclover
02-12-2015, 01:07 AM
Playoffs contender [emoji1] you just don't see this phrase very often.

Chrisclover
02-12-2015, 01:09 AM
A guy I know played 2k14cautiously and his bucks team won the championship. Just in the virtual world. [emoji12]

Chrisclover
02-12-2015, 01:12 AM
I may be called a Homer but I honestly think that if Larry can get back to form of pre extension (thats a HUGE if) along with Jabari never going down that they would be a team no one wants to play in the playoffs and would have a outside chance at sneaking into the 2nd round of the playoffs and possibly even the ECF! This team doesn't have an all star but is a very good team top to bottom. If they had a DPOY candidate to go along with the player that most likely wins ROY to go along with what we have right now could be scary!

Another reason that I feel they could sneak past a team or 2 in the playoffs is because of how close every team is to each other in the east. Outside of the Hawks there aren't any other teams dominating in the east right now.
LeBron says hi. The cavs are on a tear. They have turned things around.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-12-2015, 02:50 AM

LeBron says hi. The cavs are on a tear. They have turned things around.
Yeah they have as of late n I realize they won something like 14 of 15 but haven't put it together all year. I realize it takes time. IMO we should reserve judgement a little while longer.

benny01
02-12-2015, 03:30 AM
Yeah they have as of late n I realize they won something like 14 of 15 but haven't put it together all year. I realize it takes time. IMO we should reserve judgement a little while longer.
Speaking as somebody who loves the city of Milwaukee, good luck. Your a few years away from contending, and about the time you get there everybody will leave. **** happens and it rolls to Milwaukee.

dalton749
02-12-2015, 03:39 AM
lol theyre playing well but they arent contending for anything
theyre a bunch of role players playing well defensively with kidds small ball tactics

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-12-2015, 08:48 AM
Speaking as somebody who loves the city of Milwaukee, good luck. Your a few years away from contending, and about the time you get there everybody will leave. **** happens and it rolls to Milwaukee.

Contend for a title? Yes, years out if not more/ at all. Unless we hit the jackpot via draft, free agent signing, trade, or all our young players reaching full potential.

I mean as of last night going into the all star weekend Milwaukee had 30 wins trailing the Wizards and Cavs by 2.5 games. We are trailing the Bulls (3gb), Raptors(6gb), and Hawks(12.5gb). Outside of the Hawks the Bucks are right in the pack. Not bad considering we lost a DPOY candidate because he's a knucklehead (Sanders). Also lost Jabari to a torn acl who would probably have been ROY. As well as our backup pg (K. Marshall). I understand these are things that can happen to any team. Next year if everyone is healthy we will be better than this season, and only keep getting better as Giannas, Knight, Middleton, Jabari, and Henson are getting more experience (with or without Sanders).
Just watching how well this team is doing this season without 2 of the best players on the team is a good sign! Almost every healthy future franchise piece has got much better since the start of the season.
Their future n chances at competing rest upon Jabari's health, and our young guys starting to fulfill their potential. Also lies on the front office to draft, trade, and sign free agents.
Guess I just don't think that Milwaukee has no chance of being able to compete for a spot in the ECF in the next 3-7 years. Its going to take them catching some minor and major breaks along the way to help them. If they get a few breaks and things to fall their way its not impossible with the talent already on the team to be able to get to the ECF.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Not worried about playoffs. Hawks probably be scared to face us. We knocked their lights out already. Bucks were the team that gave first loss to Grizzlies as well and beat down the Hawks and made them look like a lottery team. All this without Parker or Inglis. Sanders been gone most of the season. Injuries to Ersan and Zaza, Marshall. I wouldn't be scared to face Hawks for first round. But wont happen with the seedings.

Wizards are alright. They tend to shoot a lot of threes and turn the ball over. We could match up well with them as well. We might get killed on the boards but still make a series of it. Who ever we face probably wont win the next series after cause they will be exhausted after we get done with them. Giannis is super star in the making. Next year Bucks will be top 4 seed easily with Parker and another draft pick.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-12-2015, 09:13 AM
Not worried about playoffs. Hawks probably be scared to face us. We knocked their lights out already. Bucks were the team that gave first loss to Grizzlies as well and beat down the Hawks and made them look like a lottery team. All this without Parker or Inglis. Sanders been gone most of the season. Injuries to Ersan and Zaza, Marshall. I wouldn't be scared to face Hawks for first round. But wont happen with the seedings.

Wizards are alright. They tend to shoot a lot of threes and turn the ball over. We could match up well with them as well. We might get killed on the boards but still make a series of it. Who ever we face probably wont win the next series after cause they will be exhausted after we get done with them. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Giannis is super star in the making. Next year Bucks will be top 4 seed easily with Parker and another draft pick.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That last sentence sums up what I was saying the bucks will be a very good young team in just a few years. They will be a high seed come playoffs and have a chance at making it to the ECF for some odd years to come

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2015, 09:31 AM
East is wild open next year. Hawks still the best but Horford is known to get injured. Millsap is free agent. But probably stays and passes on huge deals from Knicks. Prefers to win. Bulls are bit tight with capspace. Their at $60M before they re-sign RFA Jimmy. So they might have to trim some fat as in Gibson. Then Dunleavy is free agent as well. Then Noah be a expiring contract and probably wants more then his $13.9M. Also Rose isn't getting any better and over paid now for what he is. Cavs getting it together finally. Hard to say if Love stays or sticks it to LeBron? Miami is done. Probably wont even make the playoffs. Raptors and Wizards probably stay about the same. Bucks probably have great chance to leap frog the Bulls next year. Noah and Rose get dinged up. Hard to see Jimbo carry the team.

valade16
02-12-2015, 09:40 AM
No, that's not how it works. Barring some weird injury scenario like OKC had, if you don't have HCA you're not good enough to win a title. Ever.

Were you saying this genuinely or facetiously?

ThuglifeJ
02-12-2015, 09:42 AM
.. So this is the side effect of having horrible parity between conferences.. and when your team is in the East..You actually think your team is good enough to throw the words contender around because you managed a decent seed over there.

Bucks would be near bottom of the West.

Considering current playoff picture..OKC, Pelicans, Kings.. Probably Denver, maybe even Jazz are all better than that Bucks squad. Gianni's isn't even close to being a star, he's athletic, long, and all but he's just raw talent he has no natural feel for the game, poor bball IQ. He didn't have any good instinct out there I'm assuming he's just gonna use all the flash and thrills he can with his raw talent and earn a paycheck and that'll be that. Seriously this Giannis is gonna be a star crap is a huge reach. Idc how young he is when Durant was in college he was 100000 times better of a player and that's who they laughably compare him to at times. The 'only 19!' card will wear off soon enough. I'd imagine Iguodala and Rudy Gay had more basketball instinctives than Giannis at his age and that is his absolute peak as a player.

Kidd has done a nice job with what he's got tho.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-12-2015, 09:45 AM
East is wild open next year.

Yeah next year I see the Raptors and Wizards being right there at the top. Also can see the Cavs, Hawks, and Bulls being up atop the East as well depending on how each 1 of those teams off-seasons going.
Cavs could be better if Love returns since they will of had more time to gel. I can see the Hawks being up there as well depending on if they keep Milsap and the health of key players. I don't see them repeating this year tho. Maybe 3 to 6/7 seed. The Bulls are tricky as well they could be better as Rose rounds into form more. Also depends on what they do with Butler and if the contract he gets makes them get rid of someone like Taj for cap space. They could also end up being against the cap and not being able to resign Dunleavy Jr. as well. So the Bulls will be intriguing!

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-12-2015, 09:57 AM
.. So this is the side effect of having horrible parity between conferences.. and when your team is in the East..You actually think your team is good enough to throw the words contender around because you managed a decent seed over there.

Considering current playoff picture..OKC, Pelicans, Kings.. Probably Denver, maybe even Jazz are all better than that Bucks squad. Gianni's isn't even close to being a star, he's athletic, long, and all but he's just raw talent he has no natural feel for the game, poor bball IQ. He didn't have any good instinct out there I'm assuming he's just gonna use all the flash and thrills he can with his raw talent and earn a paycheck and that'll be that. Seriously this Giannis is gonna be a star crap is a huge reach. Idc how young he is when Durant was in college he was 100000 times better of a player and that's who they laughably compare him to at times. The 'only 19!' card will wear off soon enough. I'd imagine Iguodala and Rudy Gay had more basketball instinctives than Giannis at his age and that is his absolute peak as a player.

I think if you got to see Giannas play on a nightly basis you would change your tune. Yeah I'm sure gay, and Iggy did have better b-ball instincts than Giannas at 20 yrs old and of course Durant was better in college than Giannas is now. Your talking about what ended up being the 2nd best player in the world! Also its not like Giannas got to play AAU and they're high school basketball isn't the same as here. Also the pro league he was playing in wasn't great either. So yeah Giannas is very raw but for a very raw 20 yr old he's already a decent player. He can get to the hoop n finish at will if he gets a decent respectable jump shot that he can hit consistently he will be unstoppable. His jump shot is already improving! Idk I think your going to be eating crow on him. Go watch him vs Houston or the magic from last week n see what he can do when hitting his jumper.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-12-2015, 10:01 AM

All I said about contender is that with in a few yrs as the young kids grow n get better that we would be in position to maybe make it to the eastern conference finals. That's about it for contending. If the bucks were to get to ECF n win going to the finals we would 80% get crushed. At least until the team matures more n start to fulfill their potential.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-12-2015, 10:04 AM
As far as Giannas pro league it would be the same as like division 2 men's college basketball here in the states.

Also I'm sure high school ball in the US is way more advanced than his HS ball.

ThuglifeJ
02-12-2015, 10:10 AM

I think if you got to see Giannas play on a nightly basis you would change your tune. Yeah I'm sure gay, and Iggy did have better b-ball instincts than Giannas at 20 yrs old and of course Durant was better in college than Giannas is now. Your talking about what ended up being the 2nd best player in the world! Also its not like Giannas got to play AAU and they're high school basketball isn't the same as here. Also the pro league he was playing in wasn't great either. So yeah Giannas is very raw but for a very raw 20 yr old he's already a decent player. He can get to the hoop n finish at will if he gets a decent respectable jump shot that he can hit consistently he will be unstoppable. His jump shot is already improving! Idk I think your going to be eating crow on him. Go watch him vs Houston or the magic from last week n see what he can do when hitting his jumper.

But the point was Gay and Iggy aren't even that good of players. They are long, athletic talents without the bball IQs. And they still were more instinctive than Giannis. The other thing is he never will develop a consistent jump shot. If you don't have it, you don't really ever find a consistent one. The only players who really have done that are really smart players to begin with and some centers who developed set shots. Giannis is neither of those. I've seen plenty of him play, he's like a poor poor mans Rudy Gay and his peak is a poor mans Rudy Gay if he plays like he does. And that's nothing to write home about

I'd be more excited about Parker, Knight, and Middleton. Now THEY have potential as players. Giannis has potential as a athletic defender and slasher if he wishes to do so and stops believing the star hype.

YAALREADYKNO
02-12-2015, 10:20 AM
Brandon knight>kyle korver. I don't get how you can be the best player on a team that's 30-23 and not get in smh. I get that korver is a big part of the hawks success but they already have 3 on the allstar team. Knight should've gotten the nod

jp611
02-12-2015, 10:23 AM

Bucks would be in the race for the 8th seed in the western conference. This is really obnoxious. Bucks are .500 against the Western Conference.

People need to stop acting as if the top 6 teams in the East wouldn't be able to contend in the West... They would.

Now after the top 6 you're right... But the Bucks aren't a bottom feeder in the West.

Western Conference fans need to get over themselves.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-12-2015, 10:23 AM

But the point was Gay and Iggy aren't even that good of players. They are long, athletic talents without the bball IQs. And they still were more instinctive than Giannis. The other thing is he never will develop a consistent jump shot. If you don't have it, you don't really ever find a consistent one. The only players who really have done that are really smart players to begin with and some centers who developed set shots. Giannis is neither of those. I've seen plenty of him play, he's like a poor poor mans Rudy Gay and his peak is a poor mans Rudy Gay if he plays like he does. And that's nothing to write home about

I'd be more excited about Parker, Knight, and Middleton. Now THEY have potential as players. Giannis has potential as a athletic defender and slasher if he wishes to do so and stops believing the star hype.

Shooting is one of the easiest things to improve. Giannas has been improving his mid range game already this season. He may not have the best intangibles, fundamentals, and b-ball IQ but the kid is a gym rat and is one of if not the hardest working player on the bucks roster. He improves so many things all the time both big and small so he is improving in everyone of those areas!

As far as Knight, Middleton, Parker, Henson, and Inglis go.... I'm very excited for them all because they all could become really good players. That's the whole reason I replied to this thread n said that I think the Bucks could be in the ECF within a few years.

Knight, Parker, and Giannas all become very very good players!

We will have to agree to disagree on Giannas. But you might be eating crow. With how much and how fast he has been progressing that crow will come sooner rather than later!

Hawkeye15
02-12-2015, 10:29 AM
they are the 6th seed, in the east. While I like their future, they are nothing more than an average to slightly above average NBA team right now. Better days ahead though I think.

Avenged
02-12-2015, 10:33 AM
Win? A couple season wins finally doesn't cut it.

jp611
02-12-2015, 10:41 AM
they are the 6th seed, in the east. While I like their future, they are nothing more than an average to slightly above average NBA team right now. Better days ahead though I think.

The top 6 seeds in the East are good. They're above average fairly easily. This isn't a team that has only beat up on the bad teams. They've won some big games and are currently .500 against the Western Conference. This is a pretty good ball club w/ a lot of potential for the future.

LakersIn5
02-12-2015, 10:47 AM

Hawks havent done that but they have 4 all stars. Which is a travesty given that the bucks didnt even have one. The hawks have what? 13 more wins than the bucks? But they have 4 more all stars? I dont mind giving them 3 since they have the best record last week but atleast give the bucks 1

LakersIn5
02-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Im actually rooting for the hawks to reach the ecf and maybe win the ship if cle or okc wont win it. But they are getting overhyped right now and they really screwed brandon knight so i hope they go one a slump just like the pacers last year. Had the best record midseason but started to suck so bad.

Overhyped NOT overated

Vampirate
02-12-2015, 10:51 AM
It's the East, the only real contenders there are the Hawks and maybe the Cavs because of Lebron.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2015, 10:59 AM
A lot of haters up in here! I love it! Also Giannis jump shot was missing cause he did grow 2" this season. So he lost his eye/hand coordination a bit. But its coming back.

Shammyguy3
02-12-2015, 12:03 PM
What will the Bucks have to do to get some respect? Well, I think they're being shown the respect they deserve already, but if you want more respect then they need to be better than an average NBA team.

Hawkeye15
02-12-2015, 12:04 PM
The top 6 seeds in the East are good. They're above average fairly easily. This isn't a team that has only beat up on the bad teams. They've won some big games and are currently .500 against the Western Conference. This is a pretty good ball club w/ a lot of potential for the future.

to be honest, I don't think there are more than 3 teams out east that are good. It's just such a weak conference, it's hard to be serious about any team not Atlanta/Chicago/Cleveland (maybe Toronto?) right now, unless you are a fan of an east team.

The east has done it to itself. Been so pathetic the last 15 years. They just don't stir any interest, and when you add the size of the Bucks market to the equation, it doesn't help them.

As I said, I think in a few years, when their youngsters mature, they will have a "good" team, and be very competitive come playoff time. Right now, it's just hard for the mainstream fan to care about them.

ThuglifeJ
02-12-2015, 12:24 PM

Bucks would be in the race for the 8th seed in the western conference. This is really obnoxious. Bucks are .500 against the Western Conference.

People need to stop acting as if the top 6 teams in the East wouldn't be able to contend in the West... They would.

Now after the top 6 you're right... But the Bucks aren't a bottom feeder in the West.

Western Conference fans need to get over themselves.

Nope. Theres a difference between playing western teams every other day, than playing western teams once a week after a couple warmups vs the Knicks and Nets... The West is significantly better than the East and they have to face of more. If you shot the Kings over to the East they'd win more games and obviously Seed better.

ThuglifeJ
02-12-2015, 12:27 PM

Shooting is one of the easiest things to improve. Giannas has been improving his mid range game already this season. He may not have the best intangibles, fundamentals, and b-ball IQ but the kid is a gym rat and is one of if not the hardest working player on the bucks roster. He improves so many things all the time both big and small so he is improving in everyone of those areas!

As far as Knight, Middleton, Parker, Henson, and Inglis go.... I'm very excited for them all because they all could become really good players. That's the whole reason I replied to this thread n said that I think the Bucks could be in the ECF within a few years.

Knight, Parker, and Giannas all become very very good players!

We will have to agree to disagree on Giannas. But you might be eating crow. With how much and how fast he has been progressing that crow will come sooner rather than later!

Hey I'm fine with that. I'm just pessimistic when they lack the intangibles.. Those are hard to teach... But hey if he develops into a good all around player in other regards besides scoring and what not I won't be surprised.

And I'll gladly eat crow. I don't mind the bucks. I wish they still ticked purple ..but hey

Tony_Starks
02-12-2015, 12:45 PM

Hawks havent done that but they have 4 all stars. Which is a travesty given that the bucks didnt even have one. The hawks have what? 13 more wins than the bucks? But they have 4 more all stars? I dont mind giving them 3 since they have the best record last week but atleast give the bucks 1

The Hawks routinely make the playoffs year in and year out and have been on a comeup. You could see their trajectory. The Bucks are overachieving given their circumstances but I don't think anyone is going to really take notice until they at least make some noise in the playoffs.....

LanceUpperCut
02-12-2015, 12:45 PM
East is wild open next year. Hawks still the best but Horford is known to get injured. Millsap is free agent. But probably stays and passes on huge deals from Knicks. Prefers to win. Bulls are bit tight with capspace. Their at $60M before they re-sign RFA Jimmy. So they might have to trim some fat as in Gibson. Then Dunleavy is free agent as well. Then Noah be a expiring contract and probably wants more then his $13.9M. Also Rose isn't getting any better and over paid now for what he is. Cavs getting it together finally. Hard to say if Love stays or sticks it to LeBron? Miami is done. Probably wont even make the playoffs. Raptors and Wizards probably stay about the same. Bucks probably have great chance to leap frog the Bulls next year. Noah and Rose get dinged up. Hard to see Jimbo carry the team.

The Raps have Hayes=6m, Fields=6.25m, Hans=3.3m, Lou=5.5m and Amir at 7m all coming of the books well 3 of those five barley play. Along with a couple young high upside guys who haven't played a lick along with 3 1st rounders in the next 2 years.

They should be trending upwards for sure.

2-ONE-5
02-12-2015, 01:11 PM

Wizards are alright. They tend to shoot a lot of threes and turn the ball over. We could match up well with them as well. We might get killed on the boards but still make a series of it. Who ever we face probably wont win the next series after cause they will be exhausted after we get done with them. Giannis is super star in the making. Next year Bucks will be top 4 seed easily with Parker and another draft pick.

lol riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

2-ONE-5
02-12-2015, 01:14 PM

come on dude get realt, you cant be that stupid

PurpleLynch
02-12-2015, 01:46 PM
I respect this team a lot and they will be in the playoffs in this weaker conference.
Said that,they don't have a chance to win a championship. Hawks,Bulls and Cavs can win easily against them.

Chronz
02-12-2015, 01:51 PM
They epitomize a league average team. They get average amount of respect. Dat defense doe, superb. Gives them a fighters chance, if you're going to be an average team, its best to be elite at the defensive side of the floor.

muelly
02-12-2015, 02:07 PM
I respect this team a lot and they will be in the playoffs in this weaker conference.
Said that,they don't have a chance to win a championship. Hawks,Bulls and Cavs can win easily against them.

as a bucks fan I'd be thrilled to play the hawks. I don't think they're as great as their record. Good but not great.

The top 2 seeds ATM don't scare me in 7 TBH. I'd expect Chicago and/or Cleveland to get the 2-3 seeds however. That is the problem with the Bucks sitting at 6, those 2 teams are a problem for the bucks.

muelly
02-12-2015, 02:13 PM
They epitomize a league average team. They get average amount of respect. Dat defense doe, superb. Gives them a fighters chance, if you're going to be an average team, its best to be elite at the defensive side of the floor.

average? We've beaten PHX, Portland, ATL, Toronto, Memphis.

We played tough and close @ Hou, SA, LAC

Since Christmas we've only lost 1 game by more than 6 points. Were a very competitive team, who is very young in development.

We for the first time in a long time feel we can win any given night. That feeling hasn't existed here in a long time.

Hawkeye15
02-12-2015, 02:16 PM

Since Christmas we've only lost 1 game by more than 6 points. Were a very competitive team, who is very young in development.

We for the first time in a long time feel we can win any given night. That feeling hasn't existed here in a long time.

you are 14th in SRS, with an expected W/L at 13th in the league. That is average.

Essentially, flip your record around if you were in the west right now.

But, as I keep clarifying, I think much better days are ahead for Milwaukee. They could be an eastern team playing with HCA within 2 years.

JasonJohnHorn
02-12-2015, 02:38 PM
If by contender you mean 'playoff contender', then yes... I guess they are.. not like a lot of people are talking about NO, DAL, TO, WAS, POR or SAS right now.

I guess, given that seven teams IN THE WEST have a better record, and they've only managed 30 wins in the east, has SOMETHING to do with it, but hey...

Have the Bucks improved? YES! Glad to see it. Is Kidd in the running for COY? Absolutely. Are they going to win a championship this year? Barring a rash of injuries, absolutely not.

What is there to say about this team other than "They are over .500 in the east, but still third in their division."

Really?

Chronz
02-12-2015, 02:59 PM

An upward trajectory is better, true, but Im going by what they've done all year. You highlighting a few games really doesn't offset the totality of the regular season.

If they continue improving then that will be all they need to get that respect. Its funny, Im actually looking through the most successful 3 man combinations in the league this year (+400 minutes). I see the expected lineups (tons of Clippers, Warriors with some Cavs-Thunder sprinkled in) but right in front of my beloved Clips is the 3-man lineup of Knight-Middleton-Pachulia. They've throttled the opposition at an elite level with those 3 on the court. You guys are unlike most successful teams in that you really dont have a go-to 5 or even 4 man unit. You have 2 players who comprise most of your rotation in Knight and Giannis but the other 3 guys are highly interchangeable. Its very Spurs like, moreso than Atlanta this year. That kind of adaptability highlights Kidd's intelligence IMO, he takes his time learning his team, tinkering along the way, then he discovers a way to best make use of them. Man I hate Doc for gifting you guys Dudley. How you liking his play this year? What kind of shots is he taking and whos he usually matched up against (on both ends).

I actually really like the Bucks, I was a big Larry Sanders fan up until this year.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Bucks were the first team to stop Grizzlies huge win streak same as for Hawks long win streak. We also beat Clippers and Suns and Blazers. Also we split games with Raptors, Hawks, Cavs. Yeah Cavs were without James or Love. But we could say same thing all year without Parker and Sanders, Inglis, Marshall, Ersan. But hey we don't use excuses like other teams. Put us in the west. Feed us the Grizzlies, Giannis schooled ZBO and Gasol. They were so slow footed and they couldn't keep up. Also the so called hot Raptors barely got a 2-1 lead on us head to head.

Yet barely won that one game by 3. I read their forum game thread they knew they squeaked by. Mavs beat us twice but barely got by us with Ellis 3 point buzzer beater. Cavs barely beat us as well by three and had to injure Ersan to get the win. Ersan was shooting over 50% from 3 back then that week. There's tons of close games we lost. Record wise in the west we be 8th seed. We split head to head match up with Thunder and Blazers as well. Oh and yesterdays win Bucks broke a NBA record doubling win total from previous season before All Star break. 15 wins to 30 wins. But yeah we don't matter were in the east.

Going by the so called Silver new idea NBA playoff bracket of 6 division leaders and next ten best makes playoffs Bucks would be in it. Heck Piston got major over hype going on with Smith bought out and the huge win streak. Bucks stopped that streak as well. Oh those two teams are in the east they both must suck. Magic coach got fired cause Bucks beat them. Who cares both teams suck. Nothing to see here move on everyone. :cheers::D

Redrum187
02-12-2015, 03:59 PM
I think by "respect" the OP really means "talked about more". I wouldn't really use them interchangeably though. No one really "disrespects" the Bucks, they just rarely ever talk about a middle-of-the-pack team. However, WHEN people do, I've heard nothing but good things about the Bucks THIS year and for the years to come with the accumulation of great young talent.

Ariza's Better
02-12-2015, 04:24 PM
I like the bucks, their probably 2 seasons maybe 3 away from truly contending but they have a really bright future. I will also happily admit I was wrong about Kidd, far better coach than I gave him credit for.

2-ONE-5
02-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Bucks were the first team to stop Grizzlies huge win streak same as for Hawks long win streak. We also beat Clippers and Suns and Blazers. Also we split games with Raptors, Hawks, Cavs. Yeah Cavs were without James or Love. But we could say same thing all year without Parker and Sanders, Inglis, Marshall, Ersan. But hey we don't use excuses like other teams. Put us in the west. Feed us the Grizzlies, Giannis schooled ZBO and Gasol. They were so slow footed and they couldn't keep up. Also the so called hot Raptors barely got a 2-1 lead on us head to head.

Yet barely won that one game by 3. I read their forum game thread they knew they squeaked by. Mavs beat us twice but barely got by us with Ellis 3 point buzzer beater. Cavs barely beat us as well by three and had to injure Ersan to get the win. Ersan was shooting over 50% from 3 back then that week. There's tons of close games we lost. Record wise in the west we be 8th seed. We split head to head match up with Thunder and Blazers as well. Oh and yesterdays win Bucks broke a NBA record doubling win total from previous season before All Star break. 15 wins to 30 wins. But yeah we don't matter were in the east.

Going by the so called Silver new idea NBA playoff bracket of 6 division leaders and next ten best makes playoffs Bucks would be in it. Heck Piston got major over hype going on with Smith bought out and the huge win streak. Bucks stopped that streak as well. Oh those two teams are in the east they both must suck. Magic coach got fired cause Bucks beat them. Who cares both teams suck. Nothing to see here move on everyone. :cheers::D

the regualr season means very little espically with H2H matchups. Every single team in the elague has good-great, wins and equally as bad losses

nycericanguy
02-12-2015, 04:38 PM
I think by "respect" the OP really means "talked about more". I wouldn't really use them interchangeably though. No one really "disrespects" the Bucks, they just rarely ever talk about a middle-of-the-pack team. However, WHEN people do, I've heard nothing but good things about the Bucks THIS year and for the years to come with the accumulation of great young talent.

agreed they're a solid team... haven't heard anyone say otherwise really. not sure what the OP wants...lol.

They were below .500 a good portion of the year before running off 8 of 10, let's not act like they are world beaters either.

sixer04fan
02-12-2015, 04:50 PM
I like the Bucks this year, but this entire thread was derailed by the sixth word of the first sentence...

contender... LOL

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2015, 04:58 PM
agreed they're a solid team... haven't heard anyone say otherwise really. not sure what the OP wants...lol.

They were below .500 a good portion of the year before running off 8 of 10, let's not act like they are world beaters either.

We beat the world beaters as in Grizzlies and Hawks before any other team. So that's a start. Also people over rating the west way to much. Heck Bucks would feast on them bottom dwellers as well. Bucks had plenty of game splits with the big dogs. Lost a couple close stinkers to others. Also our defense is killer and that's even without Sanders. Also no Parker most of the season. Cant wait for next season! Also Inglis hasn't played yet. He was rated by scouts as a pesky lockdown defender and a decent jump shot. Better version of Moute as comparison i've heard. Still have to see it though.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2015, 05:05 PM
The Raps have Hayes=6m, Fields=6.25m, Hans=3.3m, Lou=5.5m and Amir at 7m all coming of the books well 3 of those five barley play. Along with a couple young high upside guys who haven't played a lick along with 3 1st rounders in the next 2 years.

They should be trending upwards for sure.

Wouldn't set the bar high for super stars with that capspace. Nets ,Knicks, Bulls know the feeling. Nets missed out and traded for Williams. Bulls had to over pay for Boozer. Knicks over paid for STAT. Lakers were giving out one years deals for a while just like Mavs were. Hoping to land CP3 in a trade and what not. Heck like I mentioned a few times on this board way back during the Duncan, Dirk, Pierce, Hill, TMAC sweepstakes Bulls and Knicks got caught playing duck duck goose and stuck with bag of money. Bulls got Ron Mercer and forgot what Knicks got? Magic landed TMAC and re-signed Hill as well as other teams re-signed their own.

Heatcheck
02-12-2015, 05:07 PM
We beat the world beaters as in Grizzlies and Hawks before any other team. So that's a start. Also people over rating the west way to much. Heck Bucks would feast on them bottom dwellers as well. Bucks had plenty of game splits with the big dogs. Lost a couple close stinkers to others. Also our defense is killer and that's even without Sanders. Also no Parker most of the season. Cant wait for next season! Also Inglis hasn't played yet. He was rated by scouts as a pesky lockdown defender and a decent jump shot. Better version of Moute as comparison i've heard. Still have to see it though.

I don't think anything you listed here would indicate a lack of respect or recognition. they are a decent team, with potential. moral victories are for minor league coaches. when they win something this year and continue to improve next year, they'll be shown love ala the hawks

cdnsportsfan
02-12-2015, 05:30 PM
We beat the world beaters as in Grizzlies and Hawks before any other team. So that's a start.

Except that they didn't, the Raptors had already beat the Hawks twice and the Grizzlies once before the Bucks even played Atlanta. It's good to be excited, but your facts are wrong here.

Milwaukee definitely deserves credit for their season, they're an exciting young team and I know I'm looking forward to watching them progress. But in asking about respect I use Toronto as a prime example: Raps led the conference for a while this season, at one point they briefly held the best record in the league, and they're currently sitting second in the East following wins over LAC, the Spurs and the Wizards. After a slump following Christmas they've won 9 of their last 11 and have the best record they've ever had before the all-star break at 36-17. Now, take a look at how many people are talking about the Bulls and Cavs instead of Toronto.

It's been a great turnaround season for the Bucks, and those are always fun to watch. As a Raptors fan I know, that was our year last year. But this Milwaukee team hasn't even cracked the postseason yet and are currently sitting sixth in the East. For this season, just let them continue to succeed and get some much needed experience the playoffs. If they're still keeping up the winning next season (as I feel like they should be), then question a lack of respect.

Too early for this thread, give them some time to sustain success first.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-12-2015, 11:29 PM
I like the Bucks this year, but this entire thread was derailed by the sixth word of the first sentence...

contender... LOL

I really don't think the op meant contending this yr for finals or ecf. I think he meant that we could be contender in a couple yrs but didn't state it that way.
This Bucks team has as bright of a future as almost any team in the league with the young players that are improving rapidly on this squad. Hopefully Parker comes back and don't have any problems w the acl. Hopefully Knight don't command a huge salary this yr as RFA n Giannas can become a stud. All 3 of these players along with our other good young players is reason for optimism!

PatsSoxKnicks
02-13-2015, 04:41 AM

Everyone who hates analytics should despise the Bucks right now. But I agree- better days ahead.

Giannis94
02-18-2015, 12:35 AM
I sincerely hope that we get the Cavs in the playoffs. Can't wait to see Lebron regret not teaming up with the Parker, Giannis, and crew.