PDA

View Full Version : LeBron and Kevin Love beefing????

GiantsSwaGG
02-11-2015, 01:09 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=12306625&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.googl e.com%2F%22%7D

Thoughts

JasonJohnHorn
02-11-2015, 01:14 AM
This is why I like Hindu basketball better than the NBA. None of the plays have beef with any other players.

bucketss
02-11-2015, 01:40 AM
read the article, don't know where the where the beef is suppose to be...

Tony_Starks
02-11-2015, 01:46 AM
Corny.…..

nickdymez
02-11-2015, 02:52 AM
Corny...

Everything involving Lebron is corny...

IKnowHoops
02-11-2015, 04:50 AM
Everything involving Lebron is corny...

Is it corny how he dominates your favorite team?

minidaniels
02-11-2015, 05:25 AM
I think Love is going to leave next season...

eso
02-11-2015, 05:57 AM
I think Love is going to leave next season...
Hopefully not to the Lakers.

nickdymez
02-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Is it corny how he dominates your favorite team?
Lmfao

tredigs
02-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Lebron, like a lot of superstar athletes, seems to have a very, very weak foundation. And it shows up in droves.

There's really not much else to say here. Giant children being giant children.

sheesh
02-11-2015, 01:10 PM
I can see why Love is a little upset. The big 3 came together. They were all supposed to sacrifice part of their game.

Only Love is seeing much of a reduced role.

Tony_Starks
02-11-2015, 01:20 PM
I can see why Love is a little upset. The big 3 came together. They were all supposed to sacrifice part of their game.

Only Love is seeing much of a reduced role.

How is that a surprise? Chris Bosh called that before the season even started and people just dismissed it as him hating....

sheesh
02-11-2015, 01:28 PM
How is that a surprise? Chris Bosh called that before the season even started and people just dismissed it as him hating....

You're right. It's not a surprise. I just don't get what Love isn't being used in the offense while Kyrie and LeBron are just doing what they always do. It just makes no sense.

Love has moves.

Howard_Zinn
02-11-2015, 01:41 PM
LeBron calling out an introvert just because he doesn't "hang out" with him.. Hope Love does leave.

IKnowHoops
02-11-2015, 01:43 PM
You're right. It's not a surprise. I just don't get what Love isn't being used in the offense while Kyrie and LeBron are just doing what they always do. It just makes no sense.

Love has moves.

I think that because Kyrie has been in Cleveland and its been his team for the last 2 years, and Lebron used to run Cleveland and the keys were just handed back over to him, they have a certain comfort level in doing what they want on the court that Love just doesn't have. With Bron and Kyries help, I think Kevin will get more comfortable but its just going to take him a lot longer, where as Bron and Kyrie came into the situation pretty comfortable.

jerellh528
02-11-2015, 01:46 PM
LeBron calling out an introvert just because he doesn't "hang out" with him.. Hope Love does leave.

Calling him out is fine. But doing it in a cryptic tweet is lame as hell. Then when love has a good game Lebron said its not by coincidence and it was due to the tweet.

Tony_Starks
02-11-2015, 01:50 PM
It was a super cornball move to call him out on twitter but Love should get what his role is by now. Space the floor for Lebron/ Kyrie, hit open shots when they kick, and otherwise pick up the scraps. That's all his role will ever be with this big three so if he doesn't like it he might as well bail in the offseason.......( just not to the Lakers please)

sheesh
02-11-2015, 01:57 PM
It was a super cornball move to call him out on twitter but Love should get what his role is by now. Space the floor for Lebron/ Kyrie, hit open shots when they kick, and otherwise pick up the scraps. That's all his role will ever be with this big three so if he doesn't like it he might as well bail in the offseason.......( just not to the Lakers please)

Ok. Why does that have to be his role? He's a better scorer than Kyrie is. He has more moves than Kyrie does. He's capable of more efficiency that Kyrie is.

He knows how to score. So why is his role so reduced?

That's why I'd be frustrated if I was Love too.

Vee-Rex
02-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Ok. Why does that have to be his role? He's a better scorer than Kyrie is. He has more moves than Kyrie does. He's capable of more efficiency that Kyrie is.

Kyrie is a better play-maker. Doesn't matter if Love can be more efficient or not. Kyrie is able to create for himself and others way more easily.

Also, Kyrie has more moves.

I think too many people on PSD look at stats and go, "O Kywee iznt dat good. He ownly avwages 20 and 5 for his cawheer! Wuts aww da hype???!11" without actually watching this kid play. In terms of pure offensive skill(all the different ways he can score), he's easily top 5 in the league.

I want Kyrie to play just as he has been playing the last 13 games. I'm all for trying to get Love fully acclimated in the offense, but he will have to adjust to Uncle Drew and LBJ.

sheesh
02-11-2015, 02:29 PM
Kyrie is a better play-maker. Doesn't matter if Love can be more efficient or not. Kyrie is able to create for himself and others way more easily.

Also, Kyrie has more moves.

I think too many people on PSD look at stats and go, "O Kywee iznt dat good. He ownly avwages 20 and 5 for his cawheer! Wuts aww da hype???!11" without actually watching this kid play. In terms of pure offensive skill(all the different ways he can score), he's easily top 5 in the league.

I want Kyrie to play just as he has been playing the last 13 games. I'm all for trying to get Love fully acclimated in the offense, but he will have to adjust to Uncle Drew and LBJ.

Kyrie plays PG. Love is a stretch 4. He can post up and score and hit 3's. Love is a more rare commodity than Kyrie.

Tony_Starks
02-11-2015, 02:35 PM

Never in Kevin Loves wildest fantasy dreams will he have more moves than Kyrie. Kyrie has the best handle in the league, can stop on a dime and pull up, and is ridiculous at finishing in the paint. Love can't even create his own shot, don't let the stats fool you....

Sactown
02-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Never in Kevin Loves wildest fantasy dreams will he have more moves than Kyrie. Kyrie has the best handle in the league, can stop on a dime and pull up, and is ridiculous at finishing in the paint. Love can't even create his own shot, don't let the stats fool you....

You could say the same thing about JR Smith in comparison to Love, their skill sets aren't comparative... Whether you would prefer one or the other is up to you, but reality there are far less bigs who can shoot from anywhere, rebound, and have a low post game than there are guards who can handle the ball... Depends on what your roster configuration is and what you put a premium on...

Not just as black and white as who handles the ball better ..

mngopher35
02-11-2015, 02:45 PM
Kyrie has been really efficient this year guys (more so than love). Not only does he have great tools as a playmaker but he has scored about as efficiently as lebron.

Part of this is due to having love space the floor. If love changes his game to become a focal point it might limit the spacing and hurt kyrie and lebron (team in general). Yes Kevin love has a rarer skill set but it is being used in a way to help the team instead of the individual.

Vee-Rex
02-11-2015, 02:45 PM
Kyrie plays PG. Love is a stretch 4. He can post up and score and hit 3's. Love is a more rare commodity than Kyrie.

If anything stretch 4s are common nowadays. The rarities are the 4's that can efficiently bang in the paint and play defense and still shoot, like Ibaka, and the ones that can create their own offense, like LMA. Love struggles in doing that.

Kyrie can hit fadeaways, floaters, score in the paint, mid-range, 3pt, the whole array. Play-making ability is the key and reason for him being number 2 instead of Love.

jerellh528
02-11-2015, 02:51 PM
I'm not a fan of pgs being the number 2 or 1 option. I'd prefer my team to have the scoring load go through a wing(sg/sf) as first option and a big as 2nd(c/pf). Pgs who are second or first options aren't exactly succesfull because they look to score instead of setup the offense and stop opposing penetration consistently

Big Zo
02-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Who still says "Beef"? Is the OP stuck in 1997, wearing oversized Tommy Hilfiger shirts?

NJBASEBALL22
02-11-2015, 03:08 PM
I don't see the big deal, he is still averaging 17/10.5 which is great. He has had a few stinkers but he still is having a good season.

Sactown
02-11-2015, 03:29 PM
If anything stretch 4s are common nowadays. The rarities are the 4's that can efficiently bang in the paint and play defense and still shoot, like Ibaka, and the ones that can create their own offense, like LMA. Love struggles in doing that.

Kyrie can hit fadeaways, floaters, score in the paint, mid-range, 3pt, the whole array. Play-making ability is the key and reason for him being number 2 instead of Love.

If you have a commodity it's best to maximize its yield and refrain from remaining one dimensional, reality is, come playoff time the better commodity is the low post player as the game slows down and you face better teams who are able to minimize penetration.. Cleveland would be better served in the long run to get love some sets down low to set up lanes for cutters.. you aren't going to win in the playoffs with the offensive revolving around LeBron and Kyrie taking turns trying to slash through the defense

Tony_Starks
02-11-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm no fan of Kevin Love at all, in fact it was amusing last season to see the stat geeks pronounce him the best PF in basketball. However I think the criticism he receives is unfair. The guy is a third option who is expected to make the best of it with the limited amount of touches he gets, in a contract year at that.

I think how things play out in the post season will determine what he does this summer. If by some miracle they make the Finals I can't see him leaving that but if they get bounced in the 2nd round? He can go somewhere else and get paid franchise money, still be the man, and make the playoffs.....

Vee-Rex
02-11-2015, 04:30 PM
If you have a commodity it's best to maximize its yield and refrain from remaining one dimensional, reality is, come playoff time the better commodity is the low post player as the game slows down and you face better teams who are able to minimize penetration.. Cleveland would be better served in the long run to get love some sets down low to set up lanes for cutters.. you aren't going to win in the playoffs with the offensive revolving around LeBron and Kyrie taking turns trying to slash through the defense

Umm... penetration is the key to any successful offense. No team can just minimize it at will because there's different types of penetration. Stockton and Malone ran the pick and roll for years... a team just can't STOP it or minimize it just because it's the playoffs. It's largely dependent on how well both players understand each other and their ability to execute. Unless you believe every offensive set from the Cavs is just isolation through James or Kyrie (which you probably do), I don't think your statement makes much sense.

Also, Love gets his touches in the post. It's just not as glaringly apparent. The offense won't revolve around that, though, because Love himself is not as big of a playmaker as LBJ or Kyrie. If we had a prime Shaq then it would be different.

Goose17
02-11-2015, 04:31 PM
If they were 37-16 instead of 32-21 we wouldn't even be discussing this.

sheesh
02-11-2015, 05:20 PM

Ridiculous. Show me guys who have scored 26+ ppg for multiple seasons that can't create their own shot.

krazylegz
02-11-2015, 05:41 PM
beefing their way to an nba title son

GiantsSwaGG
02-11-2015, 06:28 PM
Who still says "Beef"? Is the OP stuck in 1997, wearing oversized Tommy Hilfiger shirts?

:facepalm:

FlashBolt
02-11-2015, 07:29 PM
This is beef? Lmao. This is just the media stirring up garbage. James sees Love every day. I'm pretty sure they have spoken on multiple occasions on how to handle this.

Goose17
02-11-2015, 07:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bNyh6BBB0

tredigs
02-11-2015, 07:49 PM
This is beef? Lmao. This is just the media stirring up garbage. James sees Love every day. I'm pretty sure they have spoken on multiple occasions on how to handle this.

I can't remember a time where an NBA superstar called out his star teammate on social media. He was 100% talking about Love dude. This quote was from Love in the preseason, Im comfortable and just not trying to, I guess, fit in so much. I had a talk with the guys on the plane ride over [to Brazil] and also at different practices off the floor and they told me to fit out. Just be myself.http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/09/lebron-james-admits-fit-in-tweet-aimed-at-kevin-love-wants-him-to-buy-into-team/

^That's not the media drumming anything up, that's a guy with 18 million twitter followers not-so-cryptically airing his thoughts for attention and to call out his teammate.

Side story: I'm looking at the "I promise never to forget where I came from" backdrop on his twitter account ('@KingJames') and it kind of cracked me up. I don't know how many people here are from Cleveland, but I worked with some recently and they told me it's a love/hate sentiment in the city towards him. They love the business uptick and how much money he puts into BoysandGirls Club + his old high school (bought them a bball gym), but said he's infamously cheap towards restaurant staff and in any tipping situation. That places absolutely loath when he shows up. Reminded me of Tiger "I don't carry cash" Woods. I'll never understand that position. Barkley, Curry, Aaron Rodgers, Rice and a lot of other famous stars come to my town for a celebrity golf tourny every summer, and people in the service industry LOVE those guys. I first hand witnessed Barkley give $500 to a cocktail waitress a couple years back. Jordan comes sometimes too, but apparently he can also be a really light tipper. Whatever, just a side story they told me I thought was interesting.

NYJ - NYY
02-11-2015, 07:57 PM

Hahaha literally laughing out loud

lilchuckdoubles
02-11-2015, 08:03 PM

:clap:
very nice!

FlashBolt
02-11-2015, 08:04 PM
I can't remember a time where an NBA superstar called out his star teammate on social media. He was 100% talking about Love dude. This quote was from Love in the preseason, Im comfortable and just not trying to, I guess, fit in so much. I had a talk with the guys on the plane ride over [to Brazil] and also at different practices off the floor and they told me to fit out. Just be myself.http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/09/lebron-james-admits-fit-in-tweet-aimed-at-kevin-love-wants-him-to-buy-into-team/

^That's not the media drumming anything up, that's a guy with 18 million twitter followers not-so-cryptically airing his thoughts for attention and to call out his teammate.

Side story: I'm looking at the "I promise never to forget where I came from" backdrop on his twitter account ('@KingJames') and it kind of cracked me up. I don't know how many people here are from Cleveland, but I worked with some recently and they told me it's a love/hate sentiment in the city towards him. They love the business uptick and how much money he puts into BoysandGirls Club + his old high school (bought them a bball gym), but said he's infamously cheap towards restaurant staff and in any tipping situation. That places absolutely loath when he shows up. Reminded me of Tiger "I don't carry cash" Woods. I'll never understand that position. Barkley, Curry, Aaron Rodgers, Rice and a lot of other famous stars come to my town for a celebrity golf tourny every summer, and people in the service industry LOVE those guys. I first hand witnessed Barkley give $500 to a cocktail waitress a couple years back. Jordan comes sometimes too, but apparently he can also be a really light tipper. Whatever, just a side story they told me I thought was interesting.

Yeah, from a Twitter standpoint and those two quotes, sure, they draw "beef." But I'm pretty sure they are aware of this situation. They are around each other for hours daily. There's no way this is "beef". It's just media trying to make this worse than it is. They are winning games and James was responsible for those threes that got Love going. It's not like they are ignoring each other and James is just talking trash. He probably should have shut his mouth and confront Love about it but I don't see how this is beef. Which is why social media is a huge disadvantage.

tredigs
02-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Yeah, from a Twitter standpoint and those two quotes, sure, they draw "beef." But I'm pretty sure they are aware of this situation. They are around each other for hours daily. There's no way this is "beef". It's just media trying to make this worse than it is. They are winning games and James was responsible for those threes that got Love going. It's not like they are ignoring each other and James is just talking trash. He probably should have shut his mouth and confront Love about it but I don't see how this is beef. Which is why social media is a huge disadvantage.

Some of that I agree with you for sure, it's more than likely a repairable situation, but it's also probably not the best way to court your top 5 PF teammate into staying with Cleveland when his contract runs out this summer. Bottom line to me is that you can't really blame the media for calling a spade a spade in this one. Maybe he was extra frustrated that day, maybe he was drunk, who knows. But he 100% put it out there for the world to see (then denied who he was talking about like a beezie, but when you see Love's quote from the pre-season using the exact same line coupled with what he said that week, it doesn't exactly take Robert Langdon to crack that code).

IndyRealist
02-11-2015, 11:48 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=12306625&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.googl e.com%2F%22%7D

Thoughts
When did beef become a verb?

benny01
02-12-2015, 03:35 AM
Ridiculous. Show me guys who have scored 26+ ppg for multiple seasons that can't create their own shot.
Dude said Kevin Love. You don't know what he looks like? Do you need a picture?

IBleedPurple
02-12-2015, 03:43 AM
Love should move on. He needs a true leader. Unfortunately, a young, capable one escapes me.

Laker Legend42
02-12-2015, 04:34 AM
I think the the things that rub players the wrong way is when the resident superstar refers to his teammates as "my guys" and all the talk about teaching guys how to win. Kobe and lebron have it bad. I think that wears on guys. You can say we're in this together but those types of comments create a divide. Kevin loves only issue is never really playing meaningful basketball. Scoring 30 and grabbing 20 boards is easy when no ones really watching. Performing at that level when the bright lights are on is a bit different.