PDA

View Full Version : Who should replace D-Wade in the All star game?

lamzoka
02-10-2015, 08:22 PM
B. Knight, K. Kover or someone else?

I vote Knight. Bucks deserve an all-star

ClutchTime
02-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Actually Korver was just added to replace Wade. Here is the link...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/2/10/7952845/kyle-korver-dwyane-wade-injury-nba-all-star-game

c.c.
02-10-2015, 08:46 PM
It's going to be Kover but it should be Knight. Three All Stars is enough for a team that might fall apart the second half of the season

archdevil84
02-10-2015, 08:53 PM
this is ridiculous. i understand the impact kyle korver has on the hawks team and i understand that he is a good player but he's a role player. he has such a large impact because the team is build that way. he's not an all star. brandon knight is a far superior leader for a team then kyle korver is. People are seriously overreacting to the hawks. i know they are great and all and they resemble a lot of how the spurs dominate but i mean the spurs didnt have 4 all stars in the past few years. brandon knight deserver it way more then kyle korver does. all korver does is just spot up shoot and hit threes and thats it. come on people

5ass
02-10-2015, 08:57 PM
this is ridiculous. i understand the impact kyle korver has on the hawks team and i understand that he is a good player but he's a role player. he has such a large impact because the team is build that way. he's not an all star. brandon knight is a far superior leader for a team then kyle korver is. People are seriously overreacting to the hawks. i know they are great and all and they resemble a lot of how the spurs dominate but i mean the spurs didnt have 4 all stars in the past few years. brandon knight deserver it way more then kyle korver does. all korver does is just spot up shoot and hit threes and thats it. come on people

nope.

goingfor28
02-10-2015, 09:02 PM
It's going to be Kover but it should be Knight. Three All Stars is enough for a team that might fall apart the second half of the season
What have they done to make you remotely think they might fall apart?

bucketss
02-10-2015, 09:09 PM
just announced korver will replace wade.

ClutchTime
02-10-2015, 09:14 PM

And no team ever had their starting five win Eastern Conference players of the month...cough cough Hawks....

KnicksorBust
02-10-2015, 09:21 PM
The right guy got in.

lkingratedr
02-10-2015, 09:22 PM
well word is melo might not make the all star game this season so maybe knight will replace him

c.c.
02-10-2015, 09:23 PM
What have they done to make you remotely think they might fall apart?

The Hawks play in the last two in a half months just haven't convinced me at all. Like someone said, the Spurs played like this for years with championships and playoff wins to show for it but never had four all stars.

When you think of a team with four all stars, that's a for sure conference finals teams. Can you say that about Atlanta?

goingfor28
02-10-2015, 09:32 PM
The Hawks play in the last two in a half months just haven't convinced me at all. Like someone said, the Spurs played like this for years with championships and playoff wins to show for it but never had four all stars.

When you think of a team with four all stars, that's a for sure conference finals teams. Can you say that about Atlanta?
Uh, yes. They've lost like 3 games in the past 2 and a half months.

THE MTL
02-10-2015, 09:55 PM
I missed the early 00s when all stars were actually superstars and teams record has less weight.. This whole team's record thing is being blown out of proportion!!!

apocalypse15
02-10-2015, 09:59 PM
How come it was up to Adam Silver to name the replacement? Or has it always been this way?

zn23
02-10-2015, 09:59 PM
I'm sorry but Korver making the all-star team is just wrong. He's a great spot up shooter and that's it. Just because he plays on a winning team shouldn't make him an all-star.

Brandon Jennings has had a better overall year and is more deserving.

lamzoka
02-10-2015, 10:03 PM
How come it was up to Adam Silver to name the replacement? Or has it always been this way?

Commish always choose replacements

bucketss
02-10-2015, 10:04 PM
I'm sorry but Korver making the all-star team is just wrong. He's a great spot up shooter and that's it. Just because he plays on a winning team shouldn't make him an all-star.

jennings can't play considering he ruptured his Achilles.

KnicksorBust
02-10-2015, 10:07 PM

Elite shooters are the most under appreciated players in the NBA.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-10-2015, 10:13 PM
Korver.

Slug3
02-10-2015, 10:29 PM
Elite shooters are the most under appreciated players in the NBA.

But isn't this why we have the 3 point challenge? For great shooters?

Raps18-19 Champ
02-10-2015, 10:32 PM
But isn't this why we have the 3 point challenge? For great shooters?

He's saying people undervalue what shooter's bring to the table and contribute to their team. Korver is a great shooter who's had a great impact on the team, who actually deserves to be an all star.

kingsdelez24
02-10-2015, 10:32 PM
I missed the early 00s when all stars were actually superstars and teams record has less weight.. This whole team's record thing is being blown out of proportion!!!

Theo Ratliff was once a coaches selection in 01, so was Divac (and im a huge vlade fan)

Totally stars, right?

Raps18-19 Champ
02-10-2015, 11:01 PM
Theo Ratliff was once a coaches selection in 01, so was Divac (and im a huge vlade fan)

Totally stars, right?

Who could forget Jamal Magloire and Tayshaun Prince.

zn23
02-10-2015, 11:05 PM
I meant Brandon Knight... Not Jennings, although Jennings has had a great year too bad he's injured.

benzni
02-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Shame that the Bucks are having such a good season yet they couldn't get their first Allstar since 2004. 4 players for the Hawks. SMH

torocan
02-10-2015, 11:16 PM
I'm okay with it.

Korver isn't just a great spot up shooter this season, he's entering an entirely new level of shooting with 50/50/90. History would frown upon the NBA if he ends up having the greatest shooting season in history and he wasn't in the game.

I would have been okay with Brandon Knight as well, and I suspect Brandon Knight may also get a spot if Melo bows out.

And really, the East is a LOT weaker than the West so using the Spurs as a comparison isn't really appropriate. There's always tons of snubs in the West. Also the Hawks were the only team in history to have a 17-0 month, so it's not like they're just doing minor stuff.

Anyway, Silver said in an earlier interview that replacements are chosen based upon Head Coach reserve votes for the most part, so it's not Silver saying that Korver is the most deserving, it's the other Head Coaches.

cmellofan15
02-10-2015, 11:47 PM
Korver definitely earned this spot

kingkenny01
02-10-2015, 11:49 PM
Bucks have the longest all star drought, korver over knight come on

R. Johnson#3
02-10-2015, 11:49 PM

I love it when people act like they know what they're talking about.

R. Johnson#3
02-10-2015, 11:53 PM
For all the people saying that Korver is a spot up shooter and nothing else, well they need to watch the Hawks. He makes great decisions with the ball, hustles on D and literally never stops moving when he doesn't have the ball. There's a reason he gets wide open looks.

Nick O
02-11-2015, 03:43 AM

its the greatest 3 point shooting year in history.. shooting over 50% from 3 seems impossible.. Miller and Allen never sniffed that.. its honestly unbelievable. i cant 50% of 3s in a video game. Korver might be the best pure 3 point shooter of all time. i think he deserve one all star game.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-11-2015, 08:56 AM
Melo might shut down for the season. So Knight should get in then. But i'd prefer Giannis really. Giannis most exciting player in NBA right next to Anthony Davis.

lamzoka
02-11-2015, 12:52 PM
I'm looking forward to a lineup of Teague, Korver, LeBron, Millsap and Horford together on the court.

Goose17
02-11-2015, 04:12 PM
I'm looking forward to a lineup of Teague, Korver, LeBron, Millsap and Horford together on the court.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Kerr does with all the guards out West. At one point he may have to run a lineup of; Lillard - Westbrook - Harden - Klay - someone