PDA

View Full Version : James Dolan email to fan

Mantle7
02-09-2015, 01:22 PM
On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 8:15 PM, James Dolan <JDOLAN@cablevision.com> wrote:

Mr Bierman

You are a sad person. Why would anybody write such a hateful letter. I am.just guessing but ill bet your life is a mess and you are a hateful mess. What have you done that anyone would consider positive or nice. I am betting nothing. In fact ill bet you are negative force in everyone who comes in contact with you. You most likely have made your family miserable. Alcoholic maybe. I just celebrated my 21 year anniversary of sobriety. You should try it. Maybe it will help you become a person that folks would like to have around. In the mean while start rooting.for the Nets because the Knicks dont want you.

Respectfully

James Dolan

http://deadspin.com/dolan-start-rooting-for-the-nets-because-the-knicks-d-1684489469

Maybe the League should consider exercising some sort of Donald Sterling type nuclear option on Dolan. The dude's been an embarrassment since the day his daddy gave him control over the Knicks in 99 and has made an utter laughingstock of the league's largest market and oldest franchise.

I think Knicks fans en masse should do as Dolan instructed and switch to the Nets until this boob is gone.

DarkKnight
02-09-2015, 01:31 PM
Who cares it's Dolan and its Berman & the Post

Goose17
02-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Not surprising. Dolan is a dick. And the Knicks will never find success for as long as he is the owner.

cmellofan15
02-09-2015, 01:33 PM
the original email wasn't even hateful...it was actually put together a lot better than Dolan's was hahah

IndyRealist
02-09-2015, 01:34 PM
They'll never nuke Dolan, if they haven't by now. The Isiah era craziness was far worse than anything Sterling did. Maybe they are looking for an excuse, but this isn't big enough. He's a namecalling 10yr old,. That looks bad on him but not on the league.

KnicksorBust
02-09-2015, 01:36 PM
The worst part about being a sports fan is when your team is bad. The second worst part is when you also don't like your owner. Players come and go but owners stay. The only reason it's not the worst is because I could ignore him if we were winning.

Tony_Starks
02-09-2015, 01:41 PM
I really think him and Jimmy Bus should combine forces and have a reality show....

ClutchTime
02-09-2015, 02:03 PM
Dolan is right. This guy who wrote this email is a complete jerk and has nothing else better to do than throw the blame on the owner. The Knicks will win nothing with this guy, but sending emails to the Owner is not a way to get rid of him.

More-Than-Most
02-09-2015, 02:23 PM
The fan is 100 percent right and was pretty respectful actually while dolan looks classless and moronic.

TheIlladelph16
02-09-2015, 02:40 PM
Dolan is right. This guy who wrote this email is a complete jerk and has nothing else better to do than throw the blame on the owner. The Knicks will win nothing with this guy, but sending emails to the Owner is not a way to get rid of him.

I mean, you seem to be implying that the blame shouldn't fall on the owner for some reason. He absolutely should be getting the lion's share of the blame here.

beasted86
02-09-2015, 03:35 PM
The fan is 100 percent right and was pretty respectful actually while dolan looks classless and moronic.

The fan's letter was respectful?

Do you suffer from some sort of pyschosocial disorder? Maybe just maladjusted due to the internet era of attention seekers saying anything for their 15 seconds?

I'm not trying to be insulting, honestly. But there is simply something wrong here if you think what he said was okay. Maybe you should draft something like that up and send it to your boss and see if you aren't waiting in the unemployment line by sundown.

Goose17
02-09-2015, 03:44 PM

Do you suffer from some sort of pyschosocial disorder? Maybe just maladjusted due to the internet era of attention seekers saying anything for their 15 seconds?

I'm not trying to be insulting, honestly. But there is simply something wrong here if you think what he said was okay. Maybe you should draft something like that up and send it to your boss and see if you aren't waiting in the unemployment line by sundown.

Except Dolan isn't this mans boss. Totally different relationships. And as far as complaints do it wasn't too bad.

Dolan should have just ignored it. The way he reacted was predictable because it's Dolan but it's still disgusting. Worst owner in the league hands down.

beasted86
02-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Except Dolan isn't this mans boss. Totally different relationships. And as far as complaints do it wasn't too bad.

Dolan should have just ignored it. The way he reacted was predictable because it's Dolan but it's still disgusting. Worst owner in the league hands down.

Both were out of line with their letters. Dolan much worse, taking it to an unnecessary personal level, while the guy was more approaching just his lack of business sense... But there was nothing "respectful" about that guys letter.

Both letters served no good purpose and the guy wrote the letter to get a rise out of the owner, nothing else. Dolan responded to belittle him, nothing else. Surprised that adults have this much time on their hands to argue with a stranger, especially a billionaire.

TheIlladelph16
02-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Both were out of line with their letters. Dolan much worse, taking it to an unnecessary personal level, while the guy was more approaching just his lack of business sense... But there was nothing "respectful" about that guys letter.

Both letters served no good purpose and the guy wrote the letter to get a rise out of the owner, nothing else. Dolan responded to belittle him, nothing else. Surprised that adults have this much time on their hands to argue with a stranger, especially a billionaire.

One would think that the man in charge of a billion dollar organization would be able to show a little class and restraint. Instead, he stooped to a level lower than a crazy fan. I don't think the fan's letter was necessarily polite as some people are saying, but being a Knicks fan with Dolan as owner would likely take a toll on you after a while.

Tony_Starks
02-09-2015, 04:12 PM
By the way the fan is in his 70's and has supported the Knicks for over 50 years.....keep it classy Dolan!

Goose17
02-09-2015, 04:18 PM

Dude is 70, he has nothing but free time. Dolan does nothing, just sits around ruining the Knicks and cashing cheques, he's plenty of free time. I'm pretty sure the guy did want a rise out of Dolan but at the same time I'm betting it was a very passionate fan who has just grown tired of his team being so awful for so long.

beasted86
02-09-2015, 04:36 PM
Dude is 70, he has nothing but free time. Dolan does nothing, just sits around ruining the Knicks and cashing cheques, he's plenty of free time. I'm pretty sure the guy did want a rise out of Dolan but at the same time I'm betting it was a very passionate fan who has just grown tired of his team being so awful for so long.

Well that's one way to look at it, but it's still a waste of time in the grand sense. Vent to your friends or a bartender, not to a billionaire who obviously thinks you're insignificant. Its the same as when my girlfriend complains to the cashier at the grocery store. I'm like "do you really think she cares, you're wasting your breath". Same difference.

Goose17
02-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Well that's one way to look at it, but it's still a waste of time in the grand sense. Vent to your friends or a bartender, not to a billionaire who obviously thinks you're insignificant. Its the same as when my girlfriend complains to the cashier at the grocery store. I'm like "do you really think she cares, you're wasting your breath". Same difference.

Yeah but venting to a bar tender won't change anything, the bar tender has no control. At least if you've spoken to the owner directly you can have peace of mind knowing that you've said what you had to say and if it changes anything great, if not, at least you did what you had to do.

Anyone who's been a fan of any team for 60 years can write as many letters as they want imo.

NYCkid12
02-09-2015, 04:40 PM

Dolan in no way is right in this situation.

Whether you agree or disagree with what the fan said, he should of never responded to him and especially not attack him on a personal level.

The part that confuses me, is this has to be one of the lighter emails he has gotten criticizing the team (not saying the email was "polite", I am saying there has to be other emails that are FAR worse than this one). Why pick this one email?

NYCkid12
02-09-2015, 04:42 PM

He obviously cares a little bit considering he took the time to respond to him. If the fan was wasting his time writing the email, Dolan responding back to him was an even bigger waste of time LOL

More-Than-Most
02-09-2015, 06:38 PM

for a guy that has been a fan for as long as he has and probably wasted countless dollars on what is already over priced because of the city they are in... Yes I think he was respectful. He didnt go out of his way to insult him like the owner did to him. He kept it on point and stuck to the glaring issues that all fans and most media people have issues with.

FlashBolt
02-09-2015, 06:56 PM
It doesn't matter what the fan wrote to him. The moment you start berating and name-calling someone, you've established that you're ill-mannered. When you're at such a high position in a business perspective, that just sends the wrong message to everyone; including your players. There are actually an abundance of people who suffer from alcoholism anyways. I get that he was frustrated but he shouldn't have even replied to it.

mngopher35
02-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Ya Dolan just seems like a douche here. Not sure why he would react to a letter like this (and how he did) when I'm sure he's gotten much worse.

zn23
02-09-2015, 09:01 PM
The worst owner in the league is also the biggest douche bag as well.

HoopsDrive
02-09-2015, 09:19 PM
Why an owner would take the time to reply to a bait letter is beyond me... the fact that he responded in this manner is even more dumbfounding.

Dude is a billionaire, why even take the time to read fan mail anyway? :laugh2:

smith&wesson
02-09-2015, 09:29 PM
On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 8:15 PM, James Dolan <JDOLAN@cablevision.com> wrote:

Mr Bierman

You are a sad person. Why would anybody write such a hateful letter. I am.just guessing but ill bet your life is a mess and you are a hateful mess. What have you done that anyone would consider positive or nice. I am betting nothing. In fact ill bet you are negative force in everyone who comes in contact with you. You most likely have made your family miserable. Alcoholic maybe. I just celebrated my 21 year anniversary of sobriety. You should try it. Maybe it will help you become a person that folks would like to have around. In the mean while start rooting.for the Nets because the Knicks dont want you.

Respectfully

James Dolan

http://deadspin.com/dolan-start-rooting-for-the-nets-because-the-knicks-d-1684489469

Maybe the League should consider exercising some sort of Donald Sterling type nuclear option on Dolan. The dude's been an embarrassment since the day his daddy gave him control over the Knicks in 99 and has made an utter laughingstock of the league's largest market and oldest franchise.

I think Knicks fans en masse should do as Dolan instructed and switch to the Nets until this boob is gone.

I do no believe that Dolan wrote this as there are to many grammar errors, and a person of that stature surely has a person to proof read for them.

smith&wesson
02-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Why an owner would take the time to reply to a bait letter is beyond me... the fact that he responded in this manner is even more dumbfounding.

Dude is a billionaire, why even take the time to read fan mail anyway? :laugh2:

that's exactly why I don't believe he wrote it. Also the fact that it was so poorly written. Looks like a 14 year old wrote it.

Miltstar
02-11-2015, 08:37 PM
I would like to write him a letter personally thanking him for turning down the trade for Kyle Lowry!

zn23
02-11-2015, 09:17 PM
I would like to write him a letter personally thanking him for turning down the trade for Kyle Lowry!

lol forgot about that.

RLundi
02-11-2015, 09:34 PM
Hilarious letter! :laugh:

Terrible grammar and punctuation though. It always surprises me how stupid some of the super-rich are. Like, really, you can't write a simple letter at high-school level? It's a little embarrassing.

Miltstar
02-11-2015, 09:41 PM
lol forgot about that.

yep right after he gave us a first rounder for the man the myth and the legend Andrea "Il Mago" Bargnani!