PDA

View Full Version : 2015 NBA Finals Predictions?

RocketLoc80
02-09-2015, 06:31 AM
So who does everybody have playing in June even though the west is a landmine who you think wins the West and who are playing in June?

LakersIn5
02-09-2015, 08:01 AM
In my opinion legit predictions should be your predictions during the start of the season. And to answer the question i still have the cavs and thunder facing in the finals.

ClutchTime
02-09-2015, 08:52 AM
In my opinion legit predictions should be your predictions during the start of the season. And to answer the question i still have the cavs and thunder facing in the finals.

Wow you still have the Thunder going to the finals who are currently the 10th seed in the West? How far do you see them finishing in the conference standings?

kdspurman
02-09-2015, 09:45 AM
coming into the season, I thought spurs/bulls. I'll stick with that I guess

Goose17
02-09-2015, 09:51 AM
The West is too unpredictable. I like Spurs, Memphis and Golden State best. But anything could happen.

The East? My money was on Toronto. But I now think D.C are better than the record shows. I think it goes; Atlanta, Chicago, D.C, Toronto, Cleveland in that order (for most likely to make the finals).

YAALREADYKNO
02-09-2015, 11:12 AM
cavs/spurs

kdspurman
02-09-2015, 11:18 AM
The West is too unpredictable. I like Spurs, Memphis and Golden State best. But anything could happen.

The East? My money was on Toronto. But I now think D.C are better than the record shows. I think it goes; Atlanta, Chicago, D.C, Toronto, Cleveland in that order (for most likely to make the finals).

yea... hard to pick when you don't even know who's going to be the 8 teams in the west. i just went with my pick before the season started

YAALREADYKNO
02-09-2015, 11:26 AM
yea... hard to pick when you don't even know who's going to be the 8 teams in the west. i just went with my pick before the season started

once the spurs get a healthy full squad I expect them to get back to what they were last yr

kdspurman
02-09-2015, 11:34 AM
once the spurs get a healthy full squad I expect them to get back to what they were last yr

Yea, that's what i've been banking on. Despite the injuries they've had, they are still just 3 games back in the loss column of the 3 seed. After the all star break is when they need to make their push.

KnicksorBust
02-09-2015, 01:50 PM
Cavs / Spurs or GState

(blake and dwight not being healthy hurts)

lamzoka
02-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Cavs vs Spurs

Vendetta_
02-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Cavs vs GSW

I really just want this to happen. Two of the most deserving teams/fanbase. GSW have always been a great crowd even when they were awful for a long time. Cleveland has probably been **** on more than any other sports town ever.

Anyone but Atlanta though. Horrible fan base. I like their team, but Atlanta has always been sort of a joke when it comes to their non college sports teams in my opinion.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Bulls vs. Spurs
Thibs vs. Pop
Gasol vs. Duncan
Rose vs. Parker
Butler vs. Leonard

Sex.

jerellh528
02-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Gs vs Hawks
Gs in 7

Ty Fast
02-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Cavs vs GSW

I really just want this to happen. Two of the most deserving teams/fanbase. GSW have always been a great crowd even when they were awful for a long time. Cleveland has probably been **** on more than any other sports town ever.

Anyone but Atlanta though. Horrible fan base. I like their team, but Atlanta has always been sort of a joke when it comes to their non college sports teams in my opinion.

Braves???

FlashBolt
02-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Wow you still have the Thunder going to the finals who are currently the 10th seed in the West? How far do you see them finishing in the conference standings?

We're only 10th because KD/Westbrook were out. Considering KD has missed more games than played, I'd say we're in a good position. I totally expected us to be out of it since KD had injury after injury. When healthy and 100%, we give anyone just as much of a battle. Would GSW want to go against Westbrook/KD? I very much doubt they would.

coming into the season, I thought spurs/bulls. I'll stick with that I guess

I can't see the Bulls making it to the Finals. They have underachieved tbh. Their defense isn't great (that is what they are known for). There are games where they just seem to quit and their offense relies heavily on Rose -- who isn't consistent. Atlanta/Cavs are going to be my two choices but I don't disagree with the Spurs. They'll turn up come playoffs.

Bulls vs. Spurs
Thibs vs. Pop
Gasol vs. Duncan
Rose vs. Parker
Butler vs. Leonard

Sex.

More like slaughter. Pop would expose Rose and I honestly don't see Gasol stopping Duncan. If Spurs could stop a 2007 Bron; they can easily stop Rose.

With that being said, I think it'll be the Cavs vs Spurs or the Cavs vs OKC. Cavs have too much starpower to not get the calls when it matters. I don't see Wall outplaying Irving. Push comes to shove, put James on Wall and it'll be fun to see how that plays out. Even Toronto, Lowry vs Irving is going to be dead-even but can you really picture them beating Cavs four times? Only team capable would be the Hawks and I just don't think they'll get those calls.

Redrum187
02-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Spurs vs Hawks

PG: Tony Parker
SG: Danny Green - Manu Ginobili
SF: Kawhi Leonard
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Tiago Splitter - Boris Diaw

That team, when healthy, is a f--king machine.

PG: Jeff Teague
SG: Kyle Korver
SF: DeMarre Carroll
PF: Paul Millsap
C: Al Horford

Epitome of team ball. The youth should give the Spurs a fight in the finals. Ultimately, I see the Spurs winning it all (maybe 6 games).

Redrum187
02-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Golden State, while playing fantastic basketball, will have a difficult time scoring in the halfcourt come playoffs. I could be wrong though... If not the Spurs, Golden State for sure.

JordansBulls
02-09-2015, 11:03 PM
Bulls vs Warriors

andy2518
02-09-2015, 11:15 PM
I'm going out on a limb here and saying Golden State vs. Atlanta.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-09-2015, 11:58 PM
More like slaughter. Pop would expose Rose and I honestly don't see Gasol stopping Duncan. If Spurs could stop a 2007 Bron; they can easily stop Rose.

Actually there aren't many teams that match up with the Spurs better than the Bulls do. And if the Bulls do by chance make it to the Finals, that would mean they've turned it on and become the team we all thought they would be..otherwise they might not even make it past the 2nd round if this inconsistency continues. We'll see.

FlashBolt
02-10-2015, 12:27 AM
Actually there aren't many teams that match up with the Spurs better than the Bulls do. And if the Bulls do by chance make it to the Finals, that would mean they've turned it on and become the team we all thought they would be..otherwise they might not even make it past the 2nd round if this inconsistency continues. We'll see.

From what I've seen, you're not making it to the Finals. One game you're beating Warriors, the next you're losing to the Knicks. No team that inconsistent has ever won a championship.

numba1CHANGsta
02-10-2015, 12:27 AM
For the sake of all basketball fans, ATL vs GSW

But we all know the league will someone try to get LeBron back to the Finals, probably by signing Ray Allen for a month and a half of basketball

ThuglifeJ
02-10-2015, 12:54 AM
What I realistically want (sorry Toronto):

Memph vs Chicago

what it will be:

Spurs vs Cavs

Spurs because they always do this and are always the best team come playoff time. Seriously find it funny how no one talks about them just like last season around this time and then by June they are on their knees pairing them up against Jordan's Bulls teams. Right now I'm comparing last years finals Spurs team to the West teams right now and I don't see anyone beating them. I can see Grizzlies giving them fits but Pop adjusting and stopping them by game 6 or 7..I don't see GSW staying hot a whole series..they man handle Portland..I don't take Dallas, Clippers, or Houston seriously as contenders.. Spurs are gonna win again. If GSW manage to avoid Memphis and SA I think they fly to the finals and win it though..those are the only 2 teams that I think know how to slow them down.

I'm more interested in the WCF this year though. That will be the real finals. Agree on Hawks, they don't deserve it. Sure the players may sort of, but the fans haven't even sold out a game yet I think I heard somewhere.

belliard is god
02-10-2015, 01:06 AM
cleveland vs dallas

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-10-2015, 01:09 AM
From what I've seen, you're not making it to the Finals. One game you're beating Warriors, the next you're losing to the Knicks. No team that inconsistent has ever won a championship.

Yet we're on pace with the Cavs, Wiz and Raps for the #2 seed. I'm not making excuses but we've had a hard time building that consistency with all the injuries at the beginning of the year. Now Dunleavy has missed the last 20 games and who knows when he'll be back. The actual starting lineup has played 15 games together and were 12-3 before Dunleavy went out.

sheesh
02-10-2015, 01:24 AM
LMAO. People are putting stock into the regular season. Can we just get the 82 games over with so that NBA basketball can come back?

ThuglifeJ
02-10-2015, 01:27 AM
I don't see how anyone can write off the Bulls for MAKING the finals. I mean guarantee they get stomped on by whomever comes out of the West if they do, there's only 3 teams that really have a potential shot in a 7 game series. Teams like Washington, Raps, are good and all, but they can't survive a 7 game series verse a more rounded team like Atlanta or Chicago. Wall can lead that team but a complete team like Atlanta always trumps that because you can have any guy lead you in points any game. That's more key in a 7 game series than what the Wizards provide, and I love John Wall.

sheesh
02-10-2015, 01:29 AM
I don't see how anyone can write off the Bulls for MAKING the finals. I mean guarantee they get stomped on by whomever comes out of the West if they do, there's only 3 teams that really have a potential shot in a 7 game series. Teams like Washington, Raps, are good and all, but they can't survive a 7 game series verse a more rounded team like Atlanta or Chicago. Wall can lead that team but a complete team like Atlanta always trumps that because you can have any guy lead you in points any game. That's more key in a 7 game series than what the Wizards provide, and I love John Wall.

The Wizards actually have a solid lineup depth. Wall's no superstar.

kobe4thewinbang
02-10-2015, 01:47 AM
Spurs are going to shock the world. *knock on wood* 4-2 against the..................Bulls.

Crackadalic
02-10-2015, 01:57 AM
Bulls vs Memphis

Once the Bulls get healthy the have the right amount of offense and defense to beat anybody in the east

Memphis addition of Jeff Green has put them over the top and their style of play will beat enough to get out of the west this year

bklynny67
02-10-2015, 05:25 AM
Braves???

Braves fans are a big reason why people say they have a terrible fan base. I live in ATL. They have one of the cheapest tickets prices in the league. I've bought playoff tickets multiple times the day of the game at the stadium ticket counter, including game 5 of a playoff series of a best of 5 match up...

They have trouble filling the seats even when they were on that ridiculous run of division titles, and their fans at the stadium are the biggest sore loser *******s I've seen at any stadium and I've been to more than half of MLB parks.

So yea, that's probably why people say they are a terrible fan base.

LakersIn5
02-10-2015, 07:54 AM

Theyll get the 8th seed. Hope they become 100% come playoff time as we all know how a healthy okc thunder competes

LakersIn5
02-10-2015, 07:58 AM
For the sake of all basketball fans, ATL vs GSW

But we all know the league will someone try to get LeBron back to the Finals, probably by signing Ray Allen for a month and a half of basketball

Basketball fans would rather see stars like lebron

Shammyguy3
02-10-2015, 12:21 PM
Based on this point of the season, Atlanta/Golden State

tredigs
02-10-2015, 12:36 PM

I agree. NEVER change your opinion, even if massive evidence to the contrary dictates otherwise. That, to me, is the true sign of intelligence.

Anyway - Warriors over Hawks.

DanG
02-10-2015, 02:31 PM
I have Spurs/Dallas vs Hawks right now.

OKC has to trade Reggie and Waiters.

The series I want to see the most is OKC-GSW by far.

Redrum187
02-10-2015, 02:37 PM
Dallas is definitely a dark horse. I just think Golden State would be too much for Dallas.

If the Spurs eliminate Golden State, I could see Dallas beating the Spurs. I would still think the Spurs win, but if I was a Spurs fan, I'd fear Dallas the most.