PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash is the Devil

eso
02-08-2015, 06:29 AM
Discuss

lakerfan85
02-08-2015, 11:56 AM
**** Nash!! I haven't seen that ******* at any of the games all season..

Crunch Time
02-08-2015, 01:01 PM
**** Nash!! I haven't seen that ******* at any of the games all season..

too busy playing golf

handle
02-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Mitch gave him the contract. I would say Mitch is the devil, but I don't think he's evil, just really stupid, and really bad at his job.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-08-2015, 01:34 PM
scumbag Steve

midwestlaker75
02-08-2015, 02:33 PM
I blame management....Nash was washed up when he came to L A. Trades for Nash & Howard should have never happened. That's if I am correct 4 first round draft picks lost because of those buttcracks. As well as receiving nothing for Lamar Odom,

I will be an optimist though Maybe the Nash trade will payoff with us getting the #1 pick, It turns out to be Jahlil Okafor and he becomes the next great Laker big man for the next 10-15 years.

r8derguy805
02-08-2015, 04:56 PM
One of the dumbest discussions I've seen in a long time on psd.

Iron24th
02-08-2015, 04:59 PM
I hate this moron.

Ty22Mitchell
02-08-2015, 06:18 PM
I rarely "hate on" a man for getting paid. Steve juat played his hand well.

passengershawn
02-08-2015, 06:45 PM
I really think Nash never, ever wanted to come here...he hated the Lakers from the Suns<>Lakers rivalry days. But aside from that, he's getting paid by the team...he owes it to them to do something for that cash. Even you just travel with the team for 60% of the games...help the younger guys @ practice, on the road, and in the gym.

He's just collecting a paycheck for doing absolutely nothing...it's sickening that players can abandon their team while still leaching from their wallet. I think this will somewhat tarnish his legacy, and shows a more selfish side of him than the 'Mr. does everything right' guy he's been branded by media.

And this is coming from a Canadian who loved Steve Nash in his Mavs/Suns days, and respected what he did in the NBA...but never understood why he never suited up for Team Canada in International comps.

GREATNESS ONE
02-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Hahah this thread rocks XD

still1ballin
02-08-2015, 08:41 PM
He needs to be on the bench. Fine you are injured but you are still part of the team. I can't show up to work and expect to be paid.

eso
02-08-2015, 08:51 PM
He needs to be on the bench. Fine you are injured but you are still part of the team. I can't show up to work and expect to be paid.

exactly what I think.

eso
02-08-2015, 08:52 PM
scumbag Steve

Spot on bud.

eso
02-08-2015, 08:53 PM
If I ever walk past Steve im going to kick him square in the nuts.

bleedprple&gold
02-08-2015, 09:36 PM
I rarely "hate on" a man for getting paid. Steve juat played his hand well.

You don't hate on people that get paid for doing nothing? You must be a big fan of the Kardashians.

McAllen Tx
02-09-2015, 12:14 AM
If not playing up to your NBA contract makes you the devil, I guess the NBA is hell. I don't know anyone walking away from $9 million.

jerellh528
02-09-2015, 12:52 AM
Whatevs. When we got Nash and howard I remember how everyone was saying how awesome Mitch was and how they love Nash blah blah blah, we were the title favorites, and everyone was soooo happy to have Nash and dwight here. Hind sight is 20/20 and now everyone wants to act like they hated the move and it shoulda never happened.

handle
02-09-2015, 02:28 AM
Whatevs. When we got Nash and howard I remember how everyone was saying how awesome Mitch was and how they love Nash blah blah blah, we were the title favorites, and everyone was soooo happy to have Nash and dwight here. Hind sight is 20/20 and now everyone wants to act like they hated the move and it shoulda never happened.

It's not so much that we gambled (because it's always a gamble when you sign a 38 year old with a history a back problems) on Nash to team up with Kobe, Dwight, and Pau.. that's a risk worth taking. But what hurts is that we signed him for too many years, for too much money, and for too many draft picks. Mitch put us in a position to lose way too much if Nash went down, which was LIKELY. Mitch must suck at poker.

eso
02-09-2015, 02:34 AM
It's not so much that we gambled (because it's always a gamble when you sign a 38 year old with a history a back problems) on Nash to team up with Kobe, Dwight, and Pau.. that's a risk worth taking. But what hurts is that we signed him for too many years, for too much money, and for too many draft picks. Mitch put us in a position to lose way too much if Nash went down, which was LIKELY. Mitch must suck at poker.

This doesn't even bother me that much, it's the fact that he is no where to be seen...

bleedprple&gold
02-09-2015, 03:31 AM

This. Signing a 38 year old to a 3 year contract is pretty dumb and giving up TWO draft picks for him is also dumb. Rondo couldn't even fetch two draft picks in the prime of his career. And if you're giving up two draft picks they need to be more heavily protected. That was just arrogance by the front office thinking the team would never suck bad enough to be in the lottery anyway.

t0nyg11
02-09-2015, 03:34 AM
Chazz tha muthafuchin bartender told scumbag steve to suck him on his nutz and steve trash licked those bad boys all over for that $9 million. Now stevie is using that $$$$$ to get sucked by all these hose seeing as how he's divorced and a free man and free as a seagull no ?s asked

jerellh528
02-09-2015, 03:07 PM
This. Signing a 38 year old to a 3 year contract is pretty dumb and giving up TWO draft picks for him is also dumb. Rondo couldn't even fetch two draft picks in the prime of his career. And if you're giving up two draft picks they need to be more heavily protected. That was just arrogance by the front office thinking the team would never suck bad enough to be in the lottery anyway.

Yeah but yesterday I went back to pages 125ish of our forum and almost everyone was so stoked to have him, nobody mentioned it was a bad move by any stretch. There were even multiple threads on how great Jim buss, Mitch, and our FO was. The only guy I seen that really still wasn't enamoured with our Fo was handle, he's always been a skeptic of theirs and I respect that. Looking back everyone can say how bad it was, but I seriously thought we'd be in contention for a title that year, pretty much the majority of our fan base felt the same way.

Laker Legend42
02-09-2015, 03:26 PM

if you show up to work you should expect to be paid.....ijs:)

Rocco007
02-10-2015, 12:23 PM
lakers GET
PG Goran Dragic
suns GET
PG Steve Nash

This is a trade that would primarily seem to benefit the Lakers, but with the logjam in the Suns backcourt, this trade would be a huge benefit to both Eric Bledsoe and Isaiah Thomas. Now obviously the Lakers would need to add in a pick or two or possibly some type of young talent. I would think a pick would be more likely as the Lakers donít really seem to have a ton of trade worthy assets to ship out.

This would also be a nice trade for Steve Nash, as it would allow him to retire where he spent the majority of his career and also where he was drafted in 1996. Nash has an expiring contract, which does give him some mild value even though he remains highly unlikely to see any court action this year.

http://fantasycpr.com/2015/02/10/5-nba-trade-deadline-deals-love-fantasy-basketball/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around%20the%20Network

bleedprple&gold
02-10-2015, 12:39 PM
lakers GET
PG Goran Dragic
suns GET
PG Steve Nash

This is a trade that would primarily seem to benefit the Lakers, but with the logjam in the Suns backcourt, this trade would be a huge benefit to both Eric Bledsoe and Isaiah Thomas. Now obviously the Lakers would need to add in a pick or two or possibly some type of young talent. I would think a pick would be more likely as the Lakers donít really seem to have a ton of trade worthy assets to ship out.

This would also be a nice trade for Steve Nash, as it would allow him to retire where he spent the majority of his career and also where he was drafted in 1996. Nash has an expiring contract, which does give him some mild value even though he remains highly unlikely to see any court action this year.

http://fantasycpr.com/2015/02/10/5-nba-trade-deadline-deals-love-fantasy-basketball/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around%20the%20Network

No, No, NO!!!! Stop giving away our draft picks. Have you learned nothing from past failures?:

1) You don't give up draft picks when you are a rebuilding team.
2) You are don't give up draft picks for a an impending free agent that can leave at the end of the year for nothing.
3) You don't give up draft picks for a guy you can get for nothing in free agency if he really wants to come here. If he doesn't want to come here as a free agent, there's a good chance he wouldn't have stayed anyway if you traded for him.

But the real question is, has the FO learned their lesson and stop making dumb moves like this?

bleedprple&gold
02-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Yeah but yesterday I went back to pages 125ish of our forum and almost everyone was so stoked to have him, nobody mentioned it was a bad move by any stretch. There were even multiple threads on how great Jim buss, Mitch, and our FO was. The only guy I seen that really still wasn't enamoured with our Fo was handle, he's always been a skeptic of theirs and I respect that. Looking back everyone can say how bad it was, but I seriously thought we'd be in contention for a title that year, pretty much the majority of our fan base felt the same way.

I admit I was happy to have Nash when we traded for him, but I definitely disagreed with giving him a 3 year deal. At 38, 3 years was too long, I thought 2 years was the most they should have gave him especially since that would allow his contract to expire in the summer of 2014 when we were supposed to go on a big spending spree. Also, I thought the draft picks should have had lottery protection.

Vinylman
02-10-2015, 01:12 PM
No, No, NO!!!! Stop giving away our draft picks. Have you learned nothing from past failures?:

1) You don't give up draft picks when you are a rebuilding team.
2) You are don't give up draft picks for a an impending free agent that can leave at the end of the year for nothing.
3) You don't give up draft picks for a guy you can get for nothing in free agency if he really wants to come here. If he doesn't want to come here as a free agent, there's a good chance he wouldn't have stayed anyway if you traded for him.

But the real question is, has the FO learned their lesson and stop making dumb moves like this?

The proposal he made is beyond dumb... glad you covered all the bases so I didn't have to :clap:

Vinylman
02-10-2015, 01:14 PM
I admit I was happy to have Nash when we traded for him, but I definitely disagreed with giving him a 3 year deal. At 38, 3 years was too long, I thought 2 years was the most they should have gave him especially since that would allow his contract to expire in the summer of 2014 when we were supposed to go on a big spending spree. Also, I thought the draft picks should have had lottery protection.

This was pretty much everyones feelings on the matter. However, it was suppose to make the Lakers compete NOW and really wasn't the bad move...

the bad move was not getting something for Dwight and everyone else who has left since.

the FO inability to pivot is the real crime not the Nash signing

Hangin n Wangin
02-10-2015, 02:38 PM

Same here. I liked the deal when it first happened at the time because he was coming off a good year. But the 3 year deal was bogus. 1-2 years I would have been my preference, but then he would have signed elsewhere.

ldawg
02-10-2015, 10:14 PM
worst Laker by Far. No one come close.