C: Al Horford

InRoseWeTrust
02-07-2015, 01:28 AM
PG: Jeff Teague
SG: Kyle Korver
SF: DeMarre Carroll
PF: Paul Millsap
C: Al Horford

I get what you're trying to do, but you can't tell me with a straight face DeMarre Carroll has been the most impressive SF this year.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-07-2015, 01:47 AM
Lowry/Wall
Korver
Jeff Green/Antemptekoumpo
AD
Whiteside

Redrum187
02-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Lowry/Wall
Korver
Jeff Green/Antemptekoumpo
AD
Whiteside

The ******? Jeff Green? He has been garbage this season... highly inefficient. You aren't the first to build him up but I've yet to see anything extraordinary from him this season.

Redrum187
02-07-2015, 08:47 PM
I get what you're trying to do, but you can't tell me with a straight face DeMarre Carroll has been the most impressive SF this year.

Heh... No he's probably not the most impressive SF... then again, no one has been particularly better than their typical self this season. Draymond Green plays PF, but he is the only SF that has really surpassed my expectations.

eibbor
02-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Curry
Butler
Draymond
Unibrow
Whiteside

Gotta be this

mavwar53
02-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Draymond plays C more than SF, he might have played SF spot a total of 5 min this year

JEDean89
02-08-2015, 03:01 AM
Curry
Harden
LBJ
Davis
Gasol

IBleedPurple
02-08-2015, 07:17 AM
Curry
Butler
Draymond
Unibrow
WhitesideThis, with a mention for Nurkic next at C. M Gasol also.

valade16
02-08-2015, 01:05 PM
To me these have been the most impressive/surprising relative to what I thought:

PG: Damian Lillard
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Draymond Green
PF: Anthony Davis
C: Hassan Whiteside

Did anybody expect these guys to be doing this good at the start of the season?

Shammyguy3
02-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Draymond plays C more than SF, he might have played SF spot a total of 5 min this year

Green's played 34% of possible minutes at SF this year and 31% at PF this year according to http://www.82games.com/1415/14GSW9.HTM
Green's played 52% of his total minutes played at SF this year and 47% of his minutes at PF this year (1% at center) according to http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greendr01.html

so this post is wrong

Goose17
02-08-2015, 04:26 PM
I'm making this list based on guys who I didn't expect to perform as well as they have (What Curry and Harden etc are doing is amazing but I sort of expected them to be MVP level tbh so as impressive as it is, it's expected).

G; Jeff Teague, he's balling. He's barely playing 31 minutes per game which makes it all the more impressive. His per 36 numbers are 20 ppg, 8 apg, 2 spg. Only other PG in the league averaging at least 20 and 8 is Stephen Curry.

G; Klay Thompson. I always knew he would excel and I expected him to improve again because he's improved every off season since he's been in the league. However, the level he's at now I didn't expect him to reach until maybe next season. He's worked on every area of his game and IMO he's the best two way shooting guard in the league. Again, Klay is doing a lot in limited minutes, he's barely playing 32 minutes per game. His per 36 numbers are; 25 ppg, 4 rpg, 3 apg, 1.4 spg on 47% from the field and 44% from deep.

F; I found this one tougher, I'm going to say Rudy Gay. Because honestly I thought his turn around last season was an anomaly. He proved me wrong early in the season by remaining a consistently "good" (but not great) player who was relatively efficient. Then the Kings owner lost his mind, fired his coach and put the team into another downward spiral.

F; Pau Gasol. I didn't think he had much left in the tank. Then he goes and has the best season he's had in years and starts setting career highs. Fair play to him.

C; Rudy Gobert. Efficient. Beastly. Quietly having a good season, I think he's going to replace Kanter eventually. Sooner rather than later.

raiderposting
02-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Davis is not on my list for PF. I thought it was obvious he was going to be this good last year.

mavwar53
02-08-2015, 07:26 PM
Green's played 34% of possible minutes at SF this year and 31% at PF this year according to http://www.82games.com/1415/14GSW9.HTM
Green's played 52% of his total minutes played at SF this year and 47% of his minutes at PF this year (1% at center) according to http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greendr01.html

so this post is wrong

Sorry those stats are garbage, only way this makes any sense is that they consider Barnes the PF because he is taller. I've watched every game, I know what position he plays and doesn't.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-09-2015, 11:45 AM
PG Giannis
SG Giannis
SF Giannis
PF Giannis
C Giannis

:cheers:

D-Leethal
02-09-2015, 11:49 AM
I'm gonna go with Horford for C, I mean I knew the guy was an all star caliber player, but I did not know he was THIS impactful. I understand the team has gelled and gotten better as a unit, but they were a 37 win team last year now looking at 65.

YAALREADYKNO
02-09-2015, 12:19 PM
westbrook/curry
harden
LeBron
Davis
Whiteside

RiLoc
02-09-2015, 12:24 PM

so this post is wrongIf you look at the "Top-Five Man Units" section you'll see all the units where Green is considered a SF, it has Barnes listed as the PF, which I think we can agree is incorrect. I suspect this is throwing off the numbers.

Similarly, Udonis Haslem is listed as playing a majority of his minutes at SF during the big three era on Basketball-Reference.com, likely because it was listing LeBron @ PF.

KnicksorBust
02-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Curry
Butler
Draymond
Unibrow
Whiteside

Like many people this list instantly struck me as a strong group. The only problem is that Klay Thompson has to be on it. If we can just swing it to guards and forwards (ala the all-star team) then I'd bump Steph Curry because we already knew he was this caliber of player.

Ezio
02-09-2015, 02:28 PM
Davis is not on my list for PF. I thought it was obvious he was going to be this good last year.

That's why he's not mentioned in MIP convos, obviously because he deserves to be MVP convos but nonetheless.

Lowry
Butler
Klay
Pau
Nikola V

sixer04fan
02-09-2015, 03:26 PM
PG. John Wall (he's just unbelievable to watch)
SG. Andrew Wiggins (didn't expect him to be this good so soon)
SF. Robert Covington (homer pick but he's been a great surprise)
PF. Anthony Davis (can make the case he's already best player in the league this year, definitely top 2-3)
C. Hassan Whiteside (no comment necessary), Drummond and DJ honorable mention (I just love the athletic rim protectors who dominate the boards, FT shooting be damned)