PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis Will Be The Next Player To Average 30 PPG In A Season

R. Johnson#3
02-06-2015, 07:29 PM
Not saying when, just saying I think he'll be. What about you guys?

KnicksorBust
02-06-2015, 07:35 PM
I could see it. I have a tough time putting a ceiling on him. I am incredibly impressed by what he has done. Its like Lebron in the sense that he is already doing amazing things and the numbers look like "peak" numbers but you know there is more to come. Example: Bron added a 3pt shot and a post game making him the complete player. Nothing anyone predictions for him would shock me at this point.

30ppg-14rpb-4bpg? Sure why not

Miltstar
02-06-2015, 07:41 PM
my vote goes to Bruno Caboclo

nycericanguy
02-06-2015, 07:44 PM
when was the last time a big even averaged 30ppg? It's hard, they rely on guards to get them the ball.

The only big that really takes enough shots to score 30ppg is LMA, I think he's taken more shots than anyone in the league actually the past 2 years, but he's nowhere near efficient enough to get close to 30ppg.

If you gave Davis 21 shots per game like LMA he could do it... but it's just much harder for bigs these days.

tredigs
02-06-2015, 07:44 PM
I'll take KD again. He's been on lower minutes/volume this year off of the rehab and he's still at 25. That'll definitely go back up next year as he enters his peak.

KnicksorBust
02-06-2015, 07:47 PM
I'll take KD again. He's been on lower minutes/volume this year off of the rehab and he's still at 25. That'll definitely go back up next year as he enters his peak.

I was assuming he meant next player as someone new?

JEDean89
02-06-2015, 07:48 PM
i think wiggins or parker are likely the next to average 30. i don't see anyone else in the last few drafts other than davis who can do it. when thon comes though, it will all be over.

KnicksorBust
02-06-2015, 08:57 PM
i think wiggins or parker are likely the next to average 30. i don't see anyone else in the last few drafts other than davis who can do it. when thon comes though, it will all be over.

What makes u think parker could do it

tm95835
02-06-2015, 08:58 PM
I think it'd be more likely that davis averages 26-14 and 5 or 6 assists if the pelicans try and get him to average 30, just because he has point guards kills and when he gets doubled in the post on more possessions he can kick it out and become a secondary play maker. Either way more touches will help the team

benzni
02-06-2015, 09:39 PM
I love AD but I would have to give KD the nod for the next player to get 30 ppg in a season. I think Davis could get 25-28 ppg but its just short of 30

JasonJohnHorn
02-07-2015, 12:55 AM
I'm going with no, not because he can't, but because, like Duncan and Garnett, he doesn't seem interested in being that guy. He seems interested in making sure his teammates are involved, rebounding, defending, and being a go-to guy when the offense needs it, but also the guy that will step back when somebody else is shining on a given night.

Duncan could have averaged 35 a game if he had Kobe's ego, and Garnett would have been posting 30 a game if he had Karl Malone's desire for personal stats, but these guys take pride in the team part of the game and working hard.

Besides, unless your name is Jordan, if you got the league's leader in scoring on your team, you probably aren't going to be wining the NBA title.