PDA

View Full Version : Durant on All Star Spot " play me one on one "

Stunner
02-06-2015, 04:02 PM
@anthonyVslater: Kevin Durant on his All-Star selection: "Whoever want my spot can play me one-on-one for it"

Let's get this Dame vs KD matchup on TV

jaydubb
02-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Haha! Yea KD has missed time but it wouldn't be the same without him.. If kobe gets in (even tho he's giving up his spot) then KD should get in too

cmellofan15
02-06-2015, 04:11 PM
dude would torch 99.9% of the NBA in one on one :laugh2:

Tony_Starks
02-06-2015, 04:18 PM
KD vs Duncan, Lillard gets the losers spot...

SPURSFAN1
02-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Lillard is not more deserving that Duncan. Sorry.

Zefflin
02-06-2015, 04:24 PM
This is why we like the Kobe's and KD's because they say things like this...not, "i'll come off the bench I mean it!" haha Love KD

sens#11fan
02-06-2015, 04:24 PM
I like it, I hope someone challenges him to provide the fans some entertainment. But i'm pretty sure he'd beat pretty much anyone.

rapjuicer06
02-06-2015, 04:28 PM
They should add 1-1 into the all star weekend. That'd be awesome

valade16
02-06-2015, 04:53 PM
How is Lillard not more deserving than Duncan?

The main argument I can see for Duncan is his longevity and previous record of greatness. I don't have a problem with Duncan being in the game over Lillard but Lillard smokes him statistically and is playing on a team with a better record.

rhd420
02-06-2015, 04:55 PM
wow - that's extremely selfish of KD
Really - your injuries have kept you off the court for several games, yet hey I'll play a 1 on 1 game for my "meaningless" all star spot?

YET - we'd rip him as fans if he re-injures himself during the all star game right? Priorities man do you want a title OR want to show off to fans?

Raps08-09 Champ
02-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Oh, so you wouldn't give it up to someone more deserving?

Bruno
02-06-2015, 05:24 PM
I get that Durant hasn't played enough games. but i think we have to give the reigning MVP a pass here.

my big problem with the 'hasn't played enough games' argument is that it will never be more practical than it is in this moment, at this junction, through this many games. if he didn't make the team it could be an omission that would look like a head scratcher at the end of the season if he's healthy.

Bruno
02-06-2015, 05:46 PM
although how about that idea? Durant vs Lillard for an all-star spot. I think there's something there.

How about that for a fresh addition to allstar weekend? expand the rosters from 12 to 14, and let eight candidates battle in out in two separate games of two v two for the last two roster spots. eastern two v two winners makes the east, western two v two winners fill out the 13th and 14th spot on the west. it'd be an exciting addition.

fans vote starters, coaches fill 6-12, and maybe silver (or how about the players?) vote for eight candidates for two separate two v two tournaments? Make it an addition to all-star Saturday. i think it would be the most competitive even of the weekend.

sens#11fan
02-06-2015, 06:04 PM
Oh, so you wouldn't give it up to someone more deserving?

I see what you mean, but i don't think your team's record or the number of games that you've played should be the main factors, in deciding whether or not you should be in the allstar game. He's arguably neck to neck with Lebron, when he's healthy. Allstar games use to be the about the best players competing with one another from each conference.

Stunner
02-06-2015, 06:11 PM
I see what you mean, but i don't think your team's record or the number of games that you've played should be the main factors, in deciding whether or not you should be in the allstar game. He's arguably neck to neck with Lebron, when he's healthy. Allstar games use to be the about the best players competing with one another from each conference.

Lol yes it should , if it's not a special case like Magic Johnson then I don't think anyone should get special treatment . I can understand if the fans voted KD in but I would Expect more from the coaches . Give other players who have been playing at an all star level who might not ever get the chance to make the team again get in over a player that was injured most of the first half of the season . KD has missed more games than games played , that's crazy . Lillard was more deserving this year , I don't see an argument in KD's favor other than name .

Yes the game should be about the best players competing against one an other but it also those who were the most deserving . Cousins would have never gotten in if it wasn't for Kobe's injury .

Raps08-09 Champ
02-06-2015, 06:15 PM

Fans vote for who they want to see. Coaches are supposed to vote for who they think is deserving, meaning you need production. Not based on merit.

Saddletramp
02-06-2015, 06:16 PM
To anybody suggesting they have 1-1 contests as part of AS Weekend,, that'll never happen. It'd be pretty awesome to have a little 8 man mini tourney and arrange single elimination games throughout the course of the weekend (first round Friday night, second round Saturday afternoon and finals either last thing Saturday night or before the ASG on Sunday) but these guys' egos are way to inflated for these divas to lose in a one on one setting.

It could be kinda fun, though.

sciferguy
02-06-2015, 06:21 PM
I'd like to see that game without refs.

kdspurman
02-06-2015, 07:44 PM
I'd like to see that game without refs.

nice one lol

KnicksorBust
02-06-2015, 07:46 PM
They should add 1-1 into the all star weekend. That'd be awesome

I did a whole NCAA bracket style psd game of a 64 player tournament of which player nba player would win 1 v 1 games. Took me a month of PSD votes but the finals was Bron V Kobe back 5 years ago. Any idea who won... :)

nastynice
02-06-2015, 07:49 PM
haha, awesome!! Love durants attitude about it!

nastynice
02-06-2015, 07:50 PM
How is Lillard not more deserving than Duncan?

don't worry, this type of insanity only lives inside the mind of spurs fans. As a dubs fan, argument could be made he's even more deserving than klay. But also as a dubs fan, **** it, MY BOY GOT IN!!!! lol

D-Leethal
02-06-2015, 08:10 PM
KD would be so deadly 1-1 because he can shoot over almost anyone who would be good enough to put up a fight against him.

Nothing worse than playing 1-1 and the dude just pulls up after 1 or 2 dribbles and nails everything. Without any help D behind you its not like guys could get right up on him and force the drive.

Corey
02-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Fans vote for who they want to see. Coaches are supposed to vote for who they think is deserving, meaning you need production. Not based on merit.

Realistically, if you're a coach, are you going to pass on Durant being part of the team because he's missed time...knowing he's at least the second best player in the world?

cheetos185
02-06-2015, 08:30 PM
I like it allstar is for superstar players not for best record system player.

DemarDerozan
02-06-2015, 08:33 PM
Lol yes it should , if it's not a special case like Magic Johnson then I don't think anyone should get special treatment . I can understand if the fans voted KD in but I would Expect more from the coaches . Give other players who have been playing at an all star level who might not ever get the chance to make the team again get in over a player that was injured most of the first half of the season . KD has missed more games than games played , that's crazy . Lillard was more deserving this year , I don't see an argument in KD's favor other than name .

Yes the game should be about the best players competing against one an other but it also those who were the most deserving . Cousins would have never gotten in if it wasn't for Kobe's injury .

Boogie deserved to be a starter. He only got in because Silver is a fair commish. The majority of coaches pay too much attention to DMCs attitude and ignore his talent because of it.

Stunner
02-06-2015, 08:39 PM
Boogie deserved to be a starter. He only got in because Silver is a fair commish. The majority of coaches pay too much attention to DMCs attitude and ignore his talent because of it.

I agree

LakersIn5
02-06-2015, 08:40 PM
Finally! Kd gets it! The all star game is about individual talent not the beat players on the best team sheeet. You can save that for the all nba teams. But for the all star game it should be about tge most talented playera in the nba going up against each other. Starting to like kd because of this.

LakersIn5
02-06-2015, 08:41 PM
Well me too i would like to see that game without a coach and teamates you can rely on

KnicksorBust
02-06-2015, 08:56 PM
KD would be so deadly 1-1 because he can shoot over almost anyone who would be good enough to put up a fight against him.

Nothing worse than playing 1-1 and the dude just pulls up after 1 or 2 dribbles and nails everything. Without any help D behind you its not like guys could get right up on him and force the drive.

Bron would beat him.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-06-2015, 11:08 PM
Realistically, if you're a coach, are you going to pass on Durant being part of the team because he's missed time...knowing he's at least the second best player in the world?

If I thought other players deserved it more than him, yes (assuming I'm not coaching the all star game).

Aapox
02-07-2015, 02:17 AM
I love the idea of a 1v1 tournament. I'm rooting for Kyle Korver in that ;)

LakersIn5
02-07-2015, 03:27 AM
I love the idea of a 1v1 tournament. I'm rooting for Kyle Korver in that ;)

Im going with danny green